Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: February 14th

• Start Topic

"In And Just Like That Season 2 Episode 7, we are predicting that Adian is finally going to drop by in Carrie’s life and, we hope that this one is here to stay. Additionally, Miranda who is out of her Che-lationship might have a chance in the dating world. The amazing news is that there is going to be another known actor showing up in the next episode and it is none other than Drew Barrymore!" quote - Leisure Byte

And Just Like That Season 2 Episode 7 is scheduled to arrive on Max on July 27, 2023, at 3 AM E.T. The episode is written by Samantha Irby. The runtime should be around 30-50 minutes.

• Like 1
(edited)

Holy crap, two episodes in a row where I actually like Che! Show, don't ever put Che and Miranda back together just because you've done a little work on fixing Che's image. They don't work as a couple. The same can probably be said for Carrie and Aidan, much as I love John Corbett.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 17
  • Applause 2

Oh dear god.  'Is Ms. Carcy your Mr. Darcy?'

Why does MPK think adult women squealing is something tha that happens all the time?

I thought Miranda's lurking outside the bookstore was creepy and if it had a been a man doing it, there'd be no question.

Do bookstores generally go all out for Valentine's Day? Can't say I've ever seen one do so. Maybe a single display for Valentine's Week but not the whole month.

Just not interested in the Wexley family dramas. 

Can't believe they couldn't dig up someone else from Carrie's past with whom she only had a couple of dates with to revive for a relationship. I like Aidan but it has been a mess multiple times over now. Let's see who someone else, that she dated only very briefly, might have turned into as a potential late-in-life partner.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Enjoyed more karma coming back to Miranda with her awful date. 

That was great.  But I think we can confirm Miranda has a type.  The show missed a great opportunity.  If at the start of last season Miranda and Steve were divorced we could have seen Miranda dating like during SATC. She could have went out with men but felt like something was different and she could have seen this woman and felt something.  Pairing her up with anyone , let alone Che, was a huge mistake. 

2 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Just not interested in the Wexley family dramas. 

Yeah but Lisa's husband telling their son sex is one thing but your mother's closet??! was funny.  Years ago when my son was a teenager a girl he was seeing told me she liked my purse.  I had the real deal and she had the knock off. 

2 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Can't believe they couldn't dig up someone else from Carrie's past with whom she only had a couple of dates with to revive for a relationship. I like Aidan but it has been a mess multiple times over now. Let's see who someone else, that she dated only very briefly, might have turned into as a potential late-in-life partner.

I've said before it's lazy writing.  They just aren't imaginative enough to come up with a better story for Carrie.

I totally felt Seema when she was complaining about the spa making their services all about couples on Valentine's Day.  But as someone who loves a good massage I would have kept the appointment and pretended to be a couple.

Charlotte's girls are the worst.  Lily telling her mother to get out of her own apartment?  She would have been sent to her room and her friends would have been told GET OUT if she was my kid.. But high Charlotte was funny.  And Harry loves her so much.

I thought this episode was better than previous ones but the women are off in their own stories and don't spend enough time together.

• Like 10
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

It depends on the person.  When I was a younger single I did resent the emphasis put on Valentine's Day. When I was married my husband and I would give each other cards but it wasn't a big deal.  Now that I am an older single it's just another day to me.  

Yes, when I was younger it was a big deal. Now, I of course like a card and maybe dinner out but that is about it. I was never a big flower person and with an over curious cat, we can't have flowers or plants at our house. My best friend got married on Valentine's Day so it is a big deal for her. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

A big part of this is actor availability and nostalgia for the original series. Who could they get that the fans would have an emotional reaction to? It would’ve been nice if they got David Duchovny back. 

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, SHD said:

Just bring back Berger so everyone’s head would explode.

I remain maybe the only person who doesn't hate Berger. I mean, he did her dirty. Sneaking out like that and leaving a post it is shitty and weak, and in no way would I want to see them together again or expect Carrie to have much of anything but some contempt for him. But, and it's of course possible that it's just that I'm fond of Ron Livingston, but...I don't see him as a bad guy, or an incel, as I saw somebody say he'd be now, with an anti-feminist podcast ranting about Barbie.

I just think he wasn't ready for a relationship so soon after breaking up with his live in girlfriend, who cheated on him and devastated him. But he liked Carrie and was attracted to her, so he jumped in when he shouldn't have. If they'd met later, when he was mentally healthier, maybe they'd have stood a chance. Or not. 

I'd love to see David Duchovny back. I love Aidan, but yeah, I'd like to see what happened to Jeremy after he got outa the fancy mental hospital. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

I remain maybe the only person who doesn't hate Berger. I mean, he did her dirty. Sneaking out like that and leaving a post it is shitty and weak, and in no way would I want to see them together again or expect Carrie to have much of anything but some contempt for him. But, and it's of course possible that it's just that I'm fond of Ron Livingston, but...I don't see him as a bad guy, or an incel, as I saw somebody say he'd be now, with an anti-feminist podcast ranting about Barbie.

I had no feelings for Berger either way but they could have made him part of Miranda's AA group and he reconnected to apologize to Carrie for said post it.

The hospital scene in this week's episode would have been great for a Trey cameo. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Loved Anthony’s bread phone!

Hate Charlotte’s baby talk voice!!!

How is every restaurant booked to the gills, but somehow the restaurant Carrie was waiting at was practically empty? And Aiden’s restaurant was not bustling either? Speaking of which-it’s February in NYC! No one is bundled up? Aiden’s jacket was horrid.

Rock wasn’t wrong about Charlotte’s micromanaging. She took the fun of the modeling experience for Rock. And Lily?? Really? Throwing your mother out of the house? Oh I don’t think so!!

Best part of the episode was the Closet Scene!

• Like 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

If Aidan is such a baby that he can't walk into a completely renovated apartment without reliving stuff that happened years ago, maybe he's not really that into you, Carrie.  I don't even recognize her old place, other than the desk in front of the window. 

I think when something really jarring happens you have those associations. I know this is totally different but when I had chemo - (10 years ago, so far so good...) I would watch Arrested Development during my infusions, and now I cannot watch it - it literally makes me nauseous. Even just seeing the title. there was also a cleaning agent they used at the hospital  that they sometimes use at my work and I almost throw up whenever I smell it. 

Where Aidan did put so much into the apartment and had this vision of making it their home, I can totally see why he could not return there.

That being said it really would have been a stronger ending if he just walked away after that speech. I think for the character of Aidan it would have been perfect, but for me as a viewer I enjoy watching John Corbett so I guess its a win for me. But I worry Carrie will not do right by him - AGAIN! 

Edited by zamp33
corrected a word
  • Like 10
  • Hugs 6
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I had no feelings for Berger either way but they could have made him part of Miranda's AA group and he reconnected to apologize to Carrie for said post it.

Oh that would have been great.  And if not Berger they could have had someone else from SATC pop up. 

19 minutes ago, greekmom said:

The hospital scene in this week's episode would have been great for a Trey cameo. 

And if they couldn't get Kyle MacLachlan they could have had his name announced over the hospital intercom.

22 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Loved Anthony’s bread phone!

Me too!

22 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

How is every restaurant booked to the gills, but somehow the restaurant Carrie was waiting at was practically empty?

That restaurant was weird.

It's still jarring to me when someone refers to Big by his name.  But it was nice for Aidan to offer his condolences to Carrie for losing John.

• Like 15
14 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

And the headline. Carrie Deserves So Much More Than Aidan.

Does she really?

What Bizzaro world is this person from? I thought it was universally agreed upon here and TWOP that Aidan could do better than a narcissist like Carrie!

• Like 8
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

It's still jarring to me when someone refers to Big by his name.  But it was nice for Aidan to offer his condolences to Carrie for losing John.

I have a hard time thinking of him as John myself. 

• Like 7

I enjoyed this episode, I always want more Anthony, that is how you play a character that could be unlikable but is still funny and you want to see more.

As regards the Berger of it all, I would love to see him back but my storyline for him is that hes written a major best seller about this fictional relationship with a fellow writer but hes somehow made himself the sympathetic one, like people are crying over his bravery to write the post it, the words he could never say to her etc. and we get to see outraged, mad Carrie confronting him.

• Like 8
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, luna1122again said:

I just think he wasn't ready for a relationship so soon after breaking up with his live in girlfriend, who cheated on him and devastated him. But he liked Carrie and was attracted to her, so he jumped in when he shouldn't have. If they'd met later, when he was mentally healthier, maybe they'd have stood a chance. Or not. 

I'd love to see David Duchovny back. I love Aidan, but yeah, I'd like to see what happened to Jeremy after he got outa the fancy mental hospital. 

I agree with you that Berger did a shitty thing, but I don’t think he was necessarily a shitty person. I actually liked them together, but I think if he had been in a healthier place they would’ve worked out (they had a lot in common). 

Coming across each other as 50 somethings would be interesting. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

Miranda’s disaster date was done much better on Friends when Ross dated the messy woman.

Why does Carrie always looks so uncomfortable around other people that aren’t her friends? This is the third time I noticed this season her getting all mumbly and awkward any time someone comes near her. It’s like she’s afraid of getting poor person cooties.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6

the nearly empty restaurant on Valentine's Day was a bit jarring and definitely doesn't speak well for its food (and clearly its waitstaff didn't give a crap about Carrie).  right now, i don't see the chemistry anymore between Aiden and Carrie.  

Miranda's date sure went from glam to spam (too bad, I love Miriam Shor).  Agreed that why does she have to get out there and date asap?  why not wait a bit and figure yourself out, especially after two pretty big break ups.  Nya had the right idea, imo.  take some time for yourself before throwing yourself back out into the dating scene.  

Yup, Charlotte is the quintessential helicopter parent, having to be involved and overinvolved in everything of her kids.  no wonder Rock said nope to modeling.  no way would my kids ever get away with kicking me out of the house, even for one night.  the pot brownies were funny, but a bit surprised it hit charlotte so hard.  hopefully charlotte can find herself again with the job. 

Is LWT desk in her closet or bedroom? i thought i saw shoe shelves right next to it, with her computer on what looked like a vanity table/desk.  funny that the 'boundaries' the girlfriend didn't have related to LWT's closet, hah.  

Laughed at the massage bit.  I agree that Valentines day gets a little overwhelming with everywhere making a big deal out of it.  i was never that much into it, give a small box of chocolate, that's good enough for me.  

• Like 5
7 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Can't believe they couldn't dig up someone else from Carrie's past with whom she only had a couple of dates with to revive for a relationship.

I admit I am excited to see Aidan on tonight's episode.  That being said, I would love to have seen the Justin Theroux character return or even the Bradley Cooper character or Power Lad just for fun.

We just watched S2 The Freak Show last night 😄 S3 Hot Child in the City was a favorite (and I still can't believe a 14-year old Jane Siegel Sterling was one of Jenny Brier's friends).

• Like 5
8 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Aidan… if you don’t want to go back in the apartment, you probably don’t want to go back to Carrie, either. You were never really on the same page. And if you are now, great… but I can’t imagine a widow and divorcée deciding to waste time on round 3 of a relationship that ran its course over two decades ago.

I wish I could upvote this a million times. 

5 hours ago, LADreamr said:

And, asking sincerely - do people really get that wound up about Valentine's Day?  I know, commercially it's shoved down everyone's throat, but just asking you guys - do you hold it at that level of importance?  Maybe I ignore it because my life has not had that kind of romance in it, but I agree with the comment that couples are celebrated enough.  

I don't understand the brouhaha either, but I fist-pumped when Seema brought up that couples are celebrated enough. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Louder for the folks in the back row! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you that Berger did a shitty thing, but I don’t think he was necessarily a shitty person. I actually liked them together, but I think if he had been in a healthier place they would’ve worked out (they had a lot in common). 

I thought Berger and Carrie were the best match out of all her boyfriends, but he was on the rebound and the timing was bad. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I can't believe Carrie let loose with that damned scream 7 minutes in!

Charlotte's horrible overacting has left her nowhere to go when she's supposed to portray being  intoxicated or out of sorts :(

Aiden not wanting to go in the old apartment was WEAK! Yes, he may be surprised she was still living there, but if say...  they'd  talked about in Abu Dabi how  she'd always  kept it as a place to write, it's not too far fetched to think a big move wasn't something she wanted to face in the first year after Big's death.

We know she looked at 37 apartments, bought one sold it and moved back to  her old apartment, but he doesn't.

9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I would love to have seen the Justin Theroux character return or even the Bradley Cooper character or Power Lad just for fun

If you're going to bring up Vaugn Wysel and Jake, I'll bet Sam (Timothy Olephant) is all grown up and no longer a stoner. 😄

but seriously, I liked the podcast guy for her. I can't believe we're going down this Aiden road again.

• Like 7

One thing i forgot to mention is why Seema made such a big stink about getting separate rooms for the massage. Yeah i know it sucks they are not in separate rooms but what was the actual problem if she and Carrie got massaged in the same room? My best friend and I have had this done and it wasn't a problem. Sheesh. I know it sucks and I know some people hate having the whole Valentine's day thing shoved down their throat but comeon.... 

Oh fun fact. John Corbett was in a movie called I Hate Valentine's Day.

• Like 21
  • LOL 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, greekmom said:

One thing i forgot to mention is why Seema made such a big stink about getting separate rooms for the massage. Yeah i know it sucks they are not in separate rooms but what was the actual problem if she and Carrie got massaged in the same room? My best friend and I have had this done and it wasn't a problem. Sheesh. I know it sucks and I know some people hate having the whole Valentine's day thing shoved down their throat but comeon.... 

I also didn't understand the big deal about Seema and Carrie sharing a room.

They're friends.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 14
22 minutes ago, T Summer said:

How come the restaurant Carrie went to by mistake had a table for her on Valentine's Day... under the name Aiden Shaw?

I was about to ask the same question. Also, you'd think she would know the name of the restaurant instead of using the address. It was definitely an awkward setup that was unnecessary. Having dinner with an ex you haven't seen in 10 years is nerve-wracking enough without going to the wrong restaurant. 

Wardrobe could've put John Corbett in a better coat, though. The coat he had on was too tight and he looked stiff. 

Charlotte may have overdone it, but I didn't blame her for being pissed about their appointment being 45 minutes behind schedule. It also didn't help that the receptionist was blase about it since there were other appointments ahead of them. That place was disorganized AF.  

• Like 10
56 minutes ago, T Summer said:

How come the restaurant Carrie went to by mistake had a table for her on Valentine's Day... under the name Aiden Shaw?

Made zero sense. 

39 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I also didn't understand the big deal about Seema and Carrie sharing a room.

I don't think she would've minded sharing. I feel like it was more of a stand against how unattached people are treated like second class citizens on Valentine's Day so she was making a point. Any other day, my guess is that arrangement would've been fine with Seema.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, T Summer said:

I don’t think they did actually. When she said that the maître d’ was like “eh” and made a dismissive hand wave, leading her to a table for two. Obviously they weren’t fully booked. I mean I fully hate-watch this show but they handled this moment well IMHO. 

• Like 13
19 minutes ago, T Summer said:

A restaurant in NYC not fully booked on Valentine's Day night? 😄

That seems... highly unlikely.

Time to skip the menu and just ask the waiter what varieties of food poisoning are available.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 12
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

A big part of this is actor availability and nostalgia for the original series. Who could they get that the fans would have an emotional reaction to? It would’ve been nice if they got David Duchovny back. 

I would have liked to have seen Justin Theroux's Vaughn Wysel, if only for the chance to give a small tribute to Valerie Harper, who was fantastic as his mother.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
(edited)

So Aiden stated he read Carrie's book. Here's something that keeps sticking in my craw. That Mourning period we watched Carrie go through in season 1  seemed hella long as a viewer. Not saying a year is long really, it's just the episodes with somber mourning  Carrie  seemed to go on and on. Why did she  choose to write about being widowed and give talks  about it and attempt to record the book when she's trying to get out from under the despair?

Carrie was called a sex columnist but  really  she wrote about relationships. There's been a seismic change in the way people meet with online dating websites and all,  what dating actually looks like in the 2020's and marriage  (and birth) rates have dropped significantly

Some stats reflect fewer married people than singles for the first time ever, others have it at 50/50 and the U.S. Census Bureau states 30% of USA households are comprised of one single person.

It seems she could have immersed herself in writing about something other than Big's death right after he died. It could have even provided material for the show if she interviewed people for the book.

Edited by T Summer
added to the mourning thought
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Charlotte's Valentine dress was pretty. LTW looked like a vixen in her red, but yeah, I don't really care about the Wexleys. 

Aidan's jacket is stupid. I still love him tho. Once the jacket came off, I think he looked really good. I like that he read her book. 

It's dumb that he didn't remember that address. And his not wanting to go back in there should have been it, a bittersweet little reunion that ultimately they realized wasn't a reboot. But no. 

I don't care about Miranda's date, tho I love Miriam Shor. So we've had 2 members of the Younger cast show up so far. Can Sutton Foster or Debi Mazar be far behind? 

• Like 6
(edited)

I never cared for either of Carrie's main loves, Big or Aidan. I thought both characters (and actors) were offputting and didn't have much charisma. Carrie was treated like shit by Big, and she treated Aidan like shit. 

That said, the Carrie/Aidan story in SATC is responsible for two of my few enduring memorable acting moments in that series: 1) Carrie repeating, pleading, to the point of some kind of mania, "You have to forgive me!" to Aidan; and 2) Aidan finally breaking and nearly screaming "You broke my heart!!" to Carrie.

So I'm fine seeing them back together, I guess, and I do think their brief interactions so far are the least awful writing for AJLT. (That restaurant mishap actually happened to me. Lasted a full hour. Pre-cell-phones, for the record.) I 100% get Aidan not wanting to go back into That Apartment, at least at first, with no prep. I also find the actor/character less grating so far: He was such a low-grade macho bro in SATC, and he always seemed so self-satisfied but with no cause except maybe he was good with wood? Guess time chastens us all.

Edited by Penman61
  • Like 7

I enjoyed the episode.  I loved Drew Barrymore basically falling apart on air when she saw Giuseppe in his outfit.  I also liked Charlotte in the ambulance telling Harry to let Carrie dress her for her funeral.  

I also can't even imagine the parents who think it is okay to get high school kids a hotel suite for Valentine's Day.  That's just nuts to me.     

The only note I would have is that they need to learn it is okay if not every cast member is given something to do in every episode.  I was curious how Che has gone from making Netflix specials to impoverished to the point where they are jumping to grab an old job as a veterinary assistant, but it also felt unnecessary for the episode.  

• Like 14
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, txhorns79 said:

I enjoyed the episode.  I loved Drew Barrymore basically falling apart on air when she saw Giuseppe in his outfit.  I also liked Charlotte in the ambulance telling Harry to let Carrie dress her for her funeral.  

I also can't even imagine the parents who think it is okay to get high school kids a hotel suite for Valentine's Day.  That's just nuts to me.     

The only note I would have is that they need to learn it is okay if not every cast member is given something to do in every episode.  I was curious how Che has gone from making Netflix specials to impoverished to the point where they are jumping to grab an old job as a veterinary assistant, but it also felt unnecessary for the episode.  

I can't figure out Che's career trajectory either. And while I like that they are an animal rescuer, of course, it really does feel like they're trying HARD to make us like them. Che rescues puppies, how can u not love them!?

I still don't buy how easily Miranda seems to have gotten over Che. She was literally obsessed to the point of delirium, but now, she's just fine with it being over? 

• Like 22

I actually may have squealed at my first sight of Aidan. Can’t help it, always loved him and John Corbett. Although someone burn that jacket they had him in.

there are too many characters on this show. They just don’t have enough meaningful time for us to care about the new folks. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1