Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: February 14th

• Start Topic

Another example of this strange writing.  The woman Miranda met.  She was doing a reading at a bookstore.  So, I figure she’s an author.  Then , when Miranda meets her outside, she says how she just loved all the audiobooks this woman has read.   So, she has done the audio for her books, as an author?  No, because apparently, the books Miranda says she loved to listen to were Jane Austen and other classics.   So, she’s a voice-over artist who reads audiobooks?  So, why is she giving a reading at a book store of someone ELSE’s book?  Do voice over artists even GIVE readings?  Of audio books they have voiced?  Why?  Do bookstores feature readings of books by dead authors?  Why? Couldn’t they have had Miranda meet her some other way?  Like maybe at the studio when Carrie had the podcast?  Or when Carrie was reading her OWN audiobook.  (Which, not for nothing, they made a big deal of the fact that Carrie had to read it rather than have someone else do it, because it’s better when an author reads their own book).  I bet that was the original plan.  Miranda was going to meet a woman through Carrie’s book/podcast, and eventually discover she might be into women, and then maybe fall for Nya.  But the Che plot derailed the whole thing.  I can’t with this show.  In what world does a person do a reading at a bookstore who is not the author, just the reader of the audiobook?  How many times do we have to scream “THAT’S NOT A THING!?!?”

Edited by Rebecca berkowit
  • Like 6
  • Fire 3
23 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

At least in terms of the spa, is there really a huge demand for massages on Valentine's Day?  I guess I've just never found the idea particularly romantic.  

I think he was still a "silent partner" when the show ended.  I figured it was mostly just a partnership because Aiden invested money, and at some point after 20 or so years, Steve has paid him back. 

People do get couple’s massages on Valentine’s Day.  BUT- I doubt a spa would ONLY reserve space for them on that day, and not even take other customers.  It’s no skin off their back to take people individually.  It’s no gift to couples of the world to reserve the spa just for them, what do they care, they’re in a room?   If they took both Seema and Carrie, they would still need two therapists, all they would need to do is find an empty room for one.  Sure, that could be hard if you’ve booked the whole thing with couples, sure.  BUT- WHY DIDN’T EITHER SEEMA OR CARRIE SUGGEST THEY JUST DO THE COUPLE’S ONE?  It’s not like it’s sexual at all.  You’re literally just on a table next to someone else, you don’t hear or see them.  I’ve even seen movies where girlfriends do this, just for fun.  That could’ve been a funny scene. Instead, the whole couple’s thing was just used as a clumsy excuse to have Seema go on a rant about how life was so unfair for her as a single person.  Like, this is the LEAST of her problems.  I mean, i could see if they were giving a discount for couples and not offering a comparable one for Seema and Carrie.  That would be worth a rant.  But, no.  They couldn’t even think of that, these writers.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
7 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

She was doing a reading at a bookstore.  

Um, obviously it was story time for adults, duh. Seriously, it confused me too.

Voice over woman asks Miranda to come to her apartment instead of a restaurant, the apartment was a hovel with a filthy litter box, she had nothing to offer for and drink, the bed was unmade, I mean why invite someone to your house if you are not prepared? Miranda waited way longer than I would have waited to get out of that apartment.

Charlotte, Rock, Lilly and Harry are a big snore. Lilly had sex with her boyfriend and then dumped her, why isn't that part of the story" Now we are living thru the Wexley's are trying to reign in their teen son's situation with his sexually aware girlfriend and frankly it is boring too.

Carrie and Aiden can just be miserable together, neither one of them really changed that much, I always say, "your ex is your ex for a reason."

I knew Seema's and Carrie's massage was going to have glitch, I just knew it because it was predictible. 

• Like 4
On 7/31/2023 at 9:27 AM, T Summer said:

oh... and on top of all that mentioned above, Aiden fully intended to just get a hotel room. 🙄

See, Carrie says he is, or is going to be, “in town for a conference” and wants to see her.  That’s the setup the writers deliberately came up with to have him back in NYC and not VA.  They could’ve had him having moved back after a divorce.  But, no.  They used this premise.  He’s in town for a conference.  Also, he made the plans for later in the week, so he’s presumably been at this conference, and will be at this conference, for more than one day.   He’s obviously got a hotel room.  He’s IN TOWN FOR A CONFERENCE.  (Your conference, that you gave him.  He’s a Tv character.).  So, yeah, the last line, “It’s New York, there’s always hotel rooms” makes absolutely no sense.

It also makes no sense that they could only go to her place.  I supposed she suggested it, but he could’ve just as easily have said “let’s go back to my hotel room.”  I mean, you’d almost think he’s married and hiding a wife  and kids.  I guess they wanted the drama of him not knowing “her place” was her old place.  Which was a stupid drama anyway that no grown man would make an issue of, to the point that it would prevent him from getting laid and be the dealbreaker in a 20 year old relationship you’ve decided to revisit, despite it having ended badly.  But I digress.

Anyway, how hard would it be to change the line, only slightly, to “what the heck, I’ve got a hotel room” or “this is New York, I’ve got a swanky hotel room,” or anything other than what they wrote?  

Of course, it’s possible he was making the plans with Carrie earlier in the week while he was still home, because he was going to be at a conference for the day later in the week, but then, why make them for 8pm if you’re leaving the same day?  And if it’s only a one-day conference, then why all the analysis of why he invited her for,Valentine’s day, and whether he knew that was Valentine’s Day, as if it were a deliberate choice?  It’s the only day he’s going to be there.  And why should we have to think about this so hard?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

I find it interesting that Miranda looked down on Amelia for living in a studio with a cat. I imagine that most NYers can't afford a SFH in Manhattan or even in Brooklyn.

Miranda, the unemployed lawyer, who's currently living in Nya's apt in Nya's estranged husband's studio on a twin bed.

She and Steve are still technically married, yet they're sleeping with other people.

They apparently weren't even parenting well since Brady was using their house to have fuck fests with his ex-girlfriend, and in general was disrespecting his parents. Miranda would probably find herself in great company over in the Regretful Parents subreddit (which, sadly, is very active).

Miranda's judgmental nature never really set right with me, but her being that way is especially hypocritical given her current circumstances.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

“in town for a conference”

What sort of conference would it be anyway, would it be a conference for men who like turquoise jewelry or for men who like the para military jackets that look like they are part of some Handmaids Tale's upper echelon or maybe it is a conference for all of Carrie's ex lovers?  It sounds like when Romy and Michelle told the waitress that they are "business women in town for a meeting."  Aiden's conference was most likely over because Friday's are typically travel days, you know for "business men." I think he should invite her on one of his rug buying trips.

4 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Miranda, the unemployed lawyer, who's currently living in Nya's apt in Nya's estranged husband's studio on a twin bed.

Yes but she has an Hermes blanket on that twin bed so that beats a litter box in the middle of the apartment, so there. Geeze haven't we all gotten used to the wonky writing, Miranda good, others bad.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 7/28/2023 at 3:50 AM, BellyLaughter said:

And finally, why do TV shows always have to make people insanely insecure and OTT about the most overrated “holiday” … never in my real life have I had a conversation with my friends about Valentines Day and being alone.  It’s so cliche … stop it!! I beg you!

I really can't stand women who go on and on about "V.D." as one friend calls it even though now she is married and her husband gives her nice gifts. It's one day, get past it. Complaining about it is now a cliché.

On 7/28/2023 at 11:33 AM, RedDelicious said:

I didn't hate Aidan's jacket. I actually kind of liked it - it was modern and pretty cool. But not something I'd expect for Aidan who now lives in Virginia, which is not a state with a major metropolitan area like New York. I would have expected him to be wearing something sportier like a high end outdoor type of jacket or a simple mens wool coat. I live in New England and that's how the guys dress here.

On 7/28/2023 at 1:28 PM, txhorns79 said:

Northern Virginia/DC is a fairly metropolitan area with a couple of so million people living in it. 

I was going to make the same comment about DC, but really, DC has very little in the way of fashion. There, I said it. It's been said by many who know far better than I. When I was younger people I knew in DC who wanted fashionable clothes shopped in Philadelphia.

So, The Jacket. I can go with Aidan wanting to wear something fashionable that he thought looked kinda cool to "impress" Carrie. Apparently he has money now, lost 40 pounds, and is also in his late 50s so trying a tiny bit too hard to be a single guy going on a date again? I can see him buying it to impress Carrie yet also to tease her a bit about her own fashion choices. If that was his reasoning, I wish he would have had a line of dialogue to explain to us and maybe get a laugh. 

I also think that The Jacket was being worn as yet another fashion item on the show to sell it to guys who follow fashion and the women who date them. So they mustn't make fun of the Fashion.

But we can! "Touch my monkey!"

• Like 2
On 7/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, chitowngirl said:

How is every restaurant booked to the gills, but somehow the restaurant Carrie was waiting at was practically empty? And Aiden’s restaurant was not bustling either? Speaking of which-it’s February in NYC! No one is bundled up? Aiden’s jacket was horrid.

At least someone (LTW's husband?) mentioned that Valentine's Night restaurant dinners are a ripoff and a hassle. Most sophisticated city people don't go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. 

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

At least someone (LTW's husband?) mentioned that Valentine's Night restaurant dinners are a ripoff and a hassle. Most sophisticated city people don't go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. 

So many years ago I stopped wanting to go to a fancy restaurant on Valentine's Day for those very reasons, my husband asked what I wanted and I decided I wanted Royal Farms Fried Chicken with their big steak fries, it is heaven, once a year and I am a happy girl! 

Also, every restaurant was so busy except for the ones Carrie and Aiden were in...I swear it is like the writers are not even trying.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So many years ago I stopped wanting to go to a fancy restaurant on Valentine's Day for those very reasons, my husband asked what I wanted and I decided I wanted Royal Farms Fried Chicken with their big steak fries, it is heaven, once a year and I am a happy girl! 

Also, every restaurant was so busy except for the ones Carrie and Aiden were in...I swear it is like the writers are not even trying.

YUM! I'm in Lancaster County PA, and like to cross the border for some Royal Farms chicken every now and again!  Mr. Bones and I also get takeout on VD rather than going to a crowded restaurant.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

YUM! I'm in Lancaster County PA, and like to cross the border for some Royal Farms chicken every now and again!  Mr. Bones and I also get takeout on VD rather than going to a crowded restaurant.

Don’t know where you are in the County, but there’s one on Rohrerstown Road in East Hempfield near Lowes!  I agree…yum!😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I find it interesting that Miranda looked down on Amelia for living in a studio with a cat. I imagine that most NYers can't afford a SFH in Manhattan or even in Brooklyn...

[snip]

...Miranda's judgmental nature never really set right with me, but her being that way is especially hypocritical given her current circumstances.

I didn't think it was the studio apartment as much as it was the condition of it.   Overflowing litter box,(GROSS) unmade bed with sheets in the laundry basement, no food, and the woman didn't seem to have bothered to even brush her hair.  

Miranda's always been a bit judgy but I'm going to give her this one.  I would left the minute after the woman went to the laundry room. 

• Like 8

“Yes, Carrie, I’m totally in town for business.  Important carpentry business, just the best of the best of the furniture business discussing important furniture business at the important totally real conference that is actually happening…”

Also, let me present this possibility — maybe Aidan, in fact, *never* booked a hotel room in the city because he thought sleeping with Carrie and staying over at her place was a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I didn't think it was the studio apartment as much as it was the condition of it.   Overflowing litter box,(GROSS) unmade bed with sheets in the laundry basement, no food, and the woman didn't seem to have bothered to even brush her hair.  

The disarray of the apt was definitely cringe. I agree with Miranda on that end.

I think my issue was with how this was set up. Kind of felt like a really gross stereotype of a single woman with a cat. I know that gross generalizations were part and parcel of SATC, but in this "older" version, I wish they'd move away from that.

The main characters, and their neuroses, are always painted as relatable. And they're not people I would want to spend time with in real life. Except for Samantha. She would be fun to hang out with and nowhere nearly as judgmental as the others. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2

Valentine's Day  2023 was a Tuesday.

Maybe Aiden had a Monday meeting and stayed one night in a hotel, checking out Tuesday. Doing some shopping or whatever dudes do while in NYC in the afternoon, and planned to have dinner with Carrie and take a train home?

It would be presuming an awful lot to think he'd either be bringing Carrie back to his hotel room or going home with her. It's just been a year since Big died. He'd have no idea if she'd  gotten to the point  of being with anyone else yet, especially after  reading her book. The dinner could have turned out to have  a whole lot more  of just a  friends catching up vibe.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, T Summer said:

Valentine's Day  2023 was a Tuesday.

Maybe Aiden had a Monday meeting and stayed one night in a hotel, checking out Tuesday. Doing some shopping or whatever dudes do while in NYC in the afternoon, and planned to have dinner with Carrie and take a train home?

It would be presuming an awful lot to think he'd either be bringing Carrie back to his hotel room or going home with her. It's just been a year since Big died. He'd have no idea if she'd  gotten to the point  of being with anyone else yet, especially after  reading her book. The dinner could have turned out to have  a whole lot more  of just a  friends catching up vibe.

Assuming he lived between Northern Virginia and Richmond, that would be a four-six hour redeye train trip. If he's as successful as the show wants us to believe, I don't know if he'd feel that pressured hop a train out of Penn Station at eleven p.m. or later just to go home. No one's waiting for him (assuming his children are all college-aged or graduated by now).

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Like 4
17 hours ago, RedHawk said:

So, The Jacket. I can go with Aidan wanting to wear something fashionable that he thought looked kinda cool to "impress" Carrie. Apparently he has money now, lost 40 pounds, and is also in his late 50s so trying a tiny bit too hard to be a single guy going on a date again? I can see him buying it to impress Carrie yet also to tease her a bit about her own fashion choices. If that was his reasoning, I wish he would have had a line of dialogue to explain to us and maybe get a laugh. 

Wasn't Aidan joking about losing 40 lbs? Carrie asked how he looked exactly the same, and he said "I lost 40 lbs last week"....I assumed that was a joke. I mean,  maybe he HAS lost weight since his divorce or something, but I just took it as a throwaway line. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TakomaSnark said:

Assuming he lived between Northern Virginia and Richmond, that would be a four-six hour redeye train trip. If he's as successful as the show wants us to believe, I don't know if he'd feel that pressured hop a train out of Penn Station at eleven p.m. or later just to go home. No one's waiting for him (assuming his children are all college-aged or graduated by now).

IDK?    If we're thinking the typists should've had him still have his hotel room in order to travel home at a leisurely pace as you suggest... ok I get that.

The whole thing is enough to make you tear your hair out. We know who gave the cab driver the destination as only Carrie still lives in NYC. So why does it not register with Aiden when he hears it?

Only when he gets out and is facing the building does he realize it's Carrie's old apartment, even though that address   would certainly be   indelibly etched in his mind...      *having bought half of it!

*and was eventually bought out when they split

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 7/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, T Summer said:

If you're going to bring up Vaugn Wysel and Jake, I'll bet Sam (Timothy Olephant) is all grown up and no longer a stoner. 😄

but seriously, I liked the podcast guy for her. I can't believe we're going down this Aiden road again.

I'd love for Carrie to run into Sam ("Powerlad", right, the stoner?) and find that he's made a fortune in legal cannabis sales!

On 7/27/2023 at 10:27 PM, TiredMe said:

I actually may have squealed at my first sight of Aidan. Can’t help it, always loved him and John Corbett. Although someone burn that jacket they had him in.

there are too many characters on this show. They just don’t have enough meaningful time for us to care about the new folks. 

And where is Lisette?! I'd love to see more of her and send the Wexlers to their own series.

1 hour ago, luna1122again said:

Wasn't Aidan joking about losing 40 lbs? Carrie asked how he looked exactly the same, and he said "I lost 40 lbs last week"....I assumed that was a joke. I mean,  maybe he HAS lost weight since his divorce or something, but I just took it as a throwaway line. 

Aidan may have been joking but in the Media thread @Snazzy Daisy posted an article that says MPK asked John Corbett to lose weight, cut his hair, etc. to resume the role. Corbett reports his response was, "I knew I was a fattie." :=0

Edited by RedHawk
Added attribution
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 1
40 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I'd love for Carrie to run into Sam ("Powerlad", right, the stoner?) and find that he's made a fortune in legal cannabis sales!

Nope Power Lad's name was Wade.

Sam (Timothy Olyphant) was  a stoner with room mates and no T.P. in the apartment.😮

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Aidan may have been joking but in the Media thread @Snazzy Daisy posted an article that says MPK asked John Corbett to lose weight, cut his hair, etc. to resume the role. Corbett reports his response was, "I knew I was a fattie." :=0

I read that, and: rude. Also weird, cuz I've seen JC in a few things in the last couple years and he looks/looked the same to me. Not remotely "a fattie." In fact, he looks a little too thin to me now, but that's objective, of course. He looks good, though on How I Met Your Father, he was sporting some terrible mutton chop side burns that I cannot tell you how happy I am he got rid of. He was still hot though. 

• Like 4
On 7/30/2023 at 7:06 AM, TakomaSnark said:

Heck, I'd rather see Carrie run into Jazz Guy again than Round Three with Aiden.

I always get SATC jazz guy and the Seinfeld “hot and heavy” saxophonist mixed in my head. Maybe Carrie should get together with him!

On 7/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, Yeah No said:

I was just coming here to say exactly that.  She has more unfinished business with Berger than with Aidan.  Her breakup with Aidan was pretty final even though they met again in the movie on a better note.  In fact the meeting in the movie could serve as the reunion that smoothed things over somewhat and provided more closure.  They really didn't need any more than that.  Breaking up on a post-it, while pretty cad-ish, was more open-ended and begs for some kind of reunion to either wrap things up with them for good or start them up again, perhaps for the better.  Besides, I like Ron Livingston and liked them better together on SATC.

I like Aidan, but not for Carrie; Berger ultimately bothered me but I love Ron Livingston. I agree that a reunion of Carrie and Berger would have been preferable; they seemed more compatible. And, as you say, there’s more potential for a variety of interesting outcomes, given the way things ended for them, compared to the multiple reunions Carrie and Aidan have had.  Let Aidan and his furniture fortune recline in peace 🤣

ETA: the whole scrunchie thing always felt forced to me. Now that they’re trendy again—Berger should run into Carrie wearing one…

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, T Summer said:

Sam (Timothy Olyphant) was  a stoner with room mates and no T.P. in the apartment.😮

Ok so Power Lad was the guy who lived with his parents in the swanky apartment? His mother caught him and Carrie smoking pot and when she ushered Carrie out Carrie took the pot with her. With the rise of the Marvel and DC Comics films, I like to imagine his comic book store did great business and he later inherited the apartment. Would get a kick out of Carrie running into him again. 

Don't care if I ever see Berger. The Post-It was hilarious and maybe he did it because he was worried she would hound him for "answers" and so he made it clear it was over

I too do not understand why Aidan didn't already have a hotel room and say, "Hey, it's ok, we can go back to my hotel. How about a night at the Ritz?"

Edited by RedHawk
Grammar
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I like Aidan, but not for Carrie; Berger ultimately bothered me but I love Ron Livingston. I agree that a reunion of Carrie and Berger would have been preferable; they seemed more compatible. And, as you say, there’s more potential for a variety of interesting outcomes, given the way things ended for them, compared to the multiple reunions Carrie and Aidan have had.  Let Aidan and his furniture fortune recline in peace 🤣

Except I don't think Berger would have reached out to Carrie like Aidan did and Carrie definitely wouldn't have responded.     Maybe if they both ran into each other and he was single...

I had an Aiden, back and forth  with bad breakups and ill-advised reunions (although more like 1-2 years not 10-13) until  I refused the last reachout.  It was powerful chemistry, familiarity, and a mistaken belief in fate.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Except I don't think Berger would have reached out to Carrie like Aidan did and Carrie definitely wouldn't have responded.     Maybe if they both ran into each other and he was single...

I'm thinking more of a run-in, at least initially. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, luna1122again said:

I read that, and: rude. Also weird, cuz I've seen JC in a few things in the last couple years and he looks/looked the same to me. Not remotely "a fattie." In fact, he looks a little too thin to me now, but that's objective, of course. He looks good, though on How I Met Your Father, he was sporting some terrible mutton chop side burns that I cannot tell you how happy I am he got rid of. He was still hot though. 

Remember that MPK thought it was funny to make Samantha 'fat' (she was not fat) in the first movie and have her three closest friends literally physically recoil in shock at her 'fatness.'

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
35 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

Remember that MPK thought it was funny to make Samantha 'fat' (she was not fat) in the first movie and have her three closest friends literally physically recoil in shock at her 'fatness.'

That pissed me off and was not funny. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 7/31/2023 at 8:08 PM, Rebecca berkowit said:

People do get couple’s massages on Valentine’s Day.  BUT- I doubt a spa would ONLY reserve space for them on that day, and not even take other customers.  It’s no skin off their back to take people individually.  It’s no gift to couples of the world to reserve the spa just for them, what do they care, they’re in a room?   If they took both Seema and Carrie, they would still need two therapists, all they would need to do is find an empty room for one.  Sure, that could be hard if you’ve booked the whole thing with couples, sure.  BUT- WHY DIDN’T EITHER SEEMA OR CARRIE SUGGEST THEY JUST DO THE COUPLE’S ONE?  It’s not like it’s sexual at all.  You’re literally just on a table next to someone else, you don’t hear or see them.  I’ve even seen movies where girlfriends do this, just for fun.  That could’ve been a funny scene. Instead, the whole couple’s thing was just used as a clumsy excuse to have Seema go on a rant about how life was so unfair for her as a single person.  Like, this is the LEAST of her problems.  I mean, i could see if they were giving a discount for couples and not offering a comparable one for Seema and Carrie.  That would be worth a rant.  But, no.  They couldn’t even think of that, these writers.  

I didn't get the couples massage thing either. My husband and I have had two couples massages and honestly, we didn't speak to each other or have anything special happen other than we were both getting massages at the same time. There were rose petals with our initials on the floor. But there were still two therapists and they worked on us together. It's a massage, not an orgy. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, T Summer said:

Yeah, Wade Adams was the pothead Carrie dated who still lived with his rich parents.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I had an Aiden, back and forth  with bad breakups and ill-advised reunions (although more like 1-2 years not 10-13) until  I refused the last reachout.  It was powerful chemistry, familiarity, and a mistaken belief in fate.

Carrie reached out to Aidan first. Now he could’ve responded and just said “I’m sorry for your loss, I hope you’re doing well- bye.”(to not be rude but not trying to meet) But I am not surprised Aidan wanted to see her again. That did track with how he acted in Abu Dhabi. 

• Like 5

I like Aidan and I think he’s charming and lovable. He’s just not a match for Carrie; Big was more her type as a city guy with lots of money and into the nightlife. I’m not surprised that he eventually tired of it and wanted to just stay in, whereas Carrie was a quintessential party girl. What was the age difference?

I must be the only one who didn’t notice Aidan’s allegedly horrible jacket. I googled it and it’s kind of feminine-military but I was expecting something a lot more terrible. ::shrug:: However, he does have a Costner-level mullet, which is back in vogue.

Kristin Davis used to be a better actress, not sure what happened there. I just love Harry and how much he loves his family. The girls are just typical self-centred teens who happen to be spoiled because they come from a wealthy family. As soon as Charlotte ate the brownie I knew it was a pot brownie because that’s the only reason there are ever brownies on a tv show.

Not sure why Miranda was so freaked out by the cat; she had a cat. I know this one was aggressive, but cat people know how to relate to aggressive cats. 

I can’t keep track of all the new people, probably because they rarely interact. It’s like watching a soap where there are so many characters and stories, except that soaps often make the most random people and plots interact at some point.

Valentines Day, meh. Don’t get the fuss, and I hate the trope that women lose their minds if their significant other doesn’t create an Insta-worthy night on the town. I mean, you dress up and go to dinner on a random Friday night and it’s great, so what’s the difference if it happens to be Feb. 14? It’s maddening that so many have bought into this nonsense.

How many more eps? That is, how many before Kim Cattrall graces us with her presence? I’m not a huge Samantha fan; she had some great lines and I loved her no-bullshit attitude, but those who say she wasn’t judgy? Nuh-uh, she was just judgy about different things. As for KC not getting along with the others? I think that says more about her than about them. The rest of the cast is still working together, but KC can’t even be in the same room? That’s Juliana Margulis level of ego.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
42 minutes ago, Shermie said:

I must be the only one who didn’t notice Aidan’s allegedly horrible jacket. I googled it and it’s kind of feminine-military but I was expecting something a lot more terrible. ::shrug:: However, he does have a Costner-level mullet, which is back in vogue.

I didn't notice it either. But I think it might be that whenever JC is on my screen, I'm too busy staring at his face to notice how he's costumed. I did notice the hair, however. I was just happy that he shaved off his mutton chops from when he was on How I Met Your Father.

7 hours ago, Shermie said:

I like Aidan and I think he’s charming and lovable. He’s just not a match for Carrie; Big was more her type as a city guy with lots of money and into the nightlife. I’m not surprised that he eventually tired of it and wanted to just stay in, whereas Carrie was a quintessential party girl. What was the age difference?

The way it was written, Carrie and Aidan were the same age (within two years of each other), while Big was at least 10-12 years older. In season 1 when Carrie is 34 he is in his mid 40s. Aidan is very successful, but not the type of wealth Big had (at least not yet).

• Like 2
On 7/27/2023 at 10:14 PM, txhorns79 said:

also liked Charlotte in the ambulance telling Harry to let Carrie dress her for her funeral.  

It was a good line, but unless she has other plans, she forgot that normative Jewish funerals aren't open casket. And the deceased wear simple shrouds. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

On 7/28/2023 at 12:12 AM, JeanJean said:

I hadn't smoked for decades and then did once after the lockdown and I couldn't move and could barely speak for two hours, and my chest hurt like hell. This ain't your mother's pot.

I suffer from insomnia--I tried a gummy to help with it but--just NO. I felt so dizzy and weird. Never again.

On 7/28/2023 at 1:18 AM, RedDelicious said:

1) I’m single, never married and I love Valentine’s Day. I love the decorations and the idea of a special dinner, even though I don’t really ever have one, and all of the trappings that go with it. The cards, flowers, fancy candy. I love seeing the kids walking home with their boxes. I guess I have really fond childhood memories of Valentine’s Day at school so I’ve always loved it. Seeing all the decorations and the celebratory things makes me happy even though none of it is ever for me.

Me too! I love Valentine's Day, all that gorgeous red in the middle of gloomy February.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:08 PM, Rebecca berkowit said:

I mean, i could see if they were giving a discount for couples and not offering a comparable one for Seema and Carrie.  That would be worth a rant.  But, no.  They couldn’t even think of that, these writers.  

I thought Seema's rant was ridiculous. She had a point but she went on and on to the one person in the situation with no power.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

I suffer from insomnia--I tried a gummy to help with it but--just NO. I felt so dizzy and weird. Never again.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I'd sooner go back to melatonin gummies. 😂

• Like 2
On 8/4/2023 at 7:40 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

It was a good line, but unless she has other plans, she forgot that normative Jewish funerals aren't open casket. And the deceased wear simple shrouds. 

Given the way she was sped through the conversion process (it was done in two months, not the normal year+ rabbis require so that one can go through a full calendar year of religious observances during conversion), it doesn't surprise me that neither she nor the writers would have any clue.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TakomaSnark said:

Given the way she was sped through the conversion process (it was done in two months, not the normal year+ rabbis require so that one can go through a full calendar year of religious observances during conversion), it doesn't surprise me that neither she nor the writers would have any clue.

My dad was buried in his own clothes per his wishes.  We are reform, but the Jewish funeral home did allow that.  (Immediately after death they also did the traditional ritual with washing and sitting with the body and wrapping it).  But, yeah, absolutely no open casket at the service.  I would’ve bought it if she’d said “let Carrie choose the outfit for me to be buried in.”  And I agree MPK has no clue.  The conversion was just for a funny plot device, nothing more.  

• Like 6
On 8/4/2023 at 7:40 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Or you could be like my Aunt Jay (this was 45 years ago), and insist she be buried in one of her fave mu-mu's...my mother fought Sol Levinson tooth and nail and in the end, Aunt Jay wore the shroud over that mu-mu! 

2 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

My dad was buried in his own clothes per his wishes.  We are reform, but the Jewish funeral home did allow that.  (Immediately after death they also did the traditional ritual with washing and sitting with the body and wrapping it).

My brother wore his own clothes including a tie I had bought him, (E. Munch's The Scream, he had a sense of humor till the end), and nobody said boo.

I want to be cremated and I think only now the Rabbi's are being okay with it but even if they weren't, it's my body, my choice even in death!

I would hope Carrie would choose a simple Chanel suit with a skirt that does not make Charlotte look too wide in the hips. 

Did Charlotte and Harry ever punish Lily for having a friend bring pot brownies or is that considered just one of those things the kids are doing these days? I can see Charlotte just making some stupid, goofy veiled attempt to explain why it was bad and then wave it off only to let Lily walk all over her again.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would hope Carrie would choose a simple Chanel suit with a skirt that does not make Charlotte look too wide in the hips. 

Oh no. Do we still have to worry about looking fat when we're dead?

• LOL 5
On 8/19/2023 at 11:17 PM, RealHousewife said:

It was so good to see Aidan. He always had the whole package to me, hot and successful, but most importantly, a nice guy, not a middle-age bad boy like Big.

Aidan is and was a good guy- he was just all wrong for Carrie. The thing about their relationship in the original run that rang true is that a person can be “good on paper” and you have an attraction for them, but they still not be right for you. 

• Like 4