Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E03: The Girl Who's A Player

Tempers flare and relationships ignite as the 14 contestants move into their new home; the models compete in a runway challenge wearing only silly string; behind-the-scenes look on the rain-themed intro.

Okay, I hope I wasn't the only one who noticed that their supposedly nude silly string walk actually had them in black g-strings? It's very obvious on Adam since he has so little string on him(sometimes they blur his hips to hide it, but othertimes you can clearly see the string and pouch). Which I really don't have a problem with, implied nudity using minimalist clothing is actually a big thing in modeling, it just seems so silly to pretend they were naked when they quite obviously weren't. I can't really argue with the increased focus on the eye candy this season, since if you're going to introduce male models you might as well exploit 'em for all they're worth.

And.. drinking a bunch of beer? For models about to go on shoots? I hope that was scripted or else these contestants are too stupid to live. What next, pizza, french fry and salt licking night before a lingerie shoot?

At least the personalities were less grating in this episode. I still like Chantelle enough to root for her and I can't decide if Will's mass of insecurities and issues is cute or annoying(I wasn't a fan of Cory, but at least Cory seemed 100% on owning what he was and I really respect that.. even in a Reality TV famewhore).

Why do the talking heads look like they were filmed on a camera phone sometimes?

Please Tyra, you're what.. in your forties? Don't do the whole sorority girl thing, it's just tacky. Besides this group doesn't need any help acting like college kids on spring break. I actually really like the photo shoot, because it's something like a actual photoshoot and the results I thought were overall much better than expected(though generally the closer the show gets in concept to a professional shoot the better the result is).

Ugh, the fan score is back. And once again it seems pretty obvious the judge's votes are based on trying to manipulate the final score, since they don't seem to have anything to do with what they say or the photo in question. So i'm just going to guess that Ben will be the Jeremy this season and consistently get high fan scores regardless of photo quality. And wow do people not like Romeo.

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 1
Okay, I hope I wasn't the only one who noticed that their supposedly nude silly string walk actually had them in black g-strings?

Some of them also seemed to have scotch tape on them.  That whole thing was weird.  It's the era of naked television on cable.  Just go there. 

I hate scores.  It's all subjective, but supposedly from industry insiders.  I'm cool with them just saying "you did great, here's why" or "this was just ok, because" and then eliminating people.  I don't need math.  It makes me focus on the fan scores and how they're overruled (or at least rendered irrelevant) by numbers from the judges, so the whole thing comes across as fake.  And this week in particular- Ivy was taken down by styling during the challenge more than anything else, it seems, which is kind of crappy.  I liked her.  But hey, her departure keeps the Romeo-is-a-witch story going strong so, y'know, what a gift to the editors that must have been.

The only thing interesting to me about fan feedback from the past is wondering how people would change their minds watching the show.  I mean, do they just see photos?  Or do they see Adam in all his glory, too?  He's much less attractive in motion, imho.  Still, I'd rather see live feedback incorporated somehow in place of stuff from the past, if we have to include it.  

I think I'm down to keep watching this season though.  I like 2-3 of these people, the ones who aren't all yelling or making this into MTV's The Challenge.

• Love 1

I'm not sure I like any of these models.  I hate the drama and watching the interactions between the models.  I only like to watch the actual modeling shoots and final photos.  Wow, that model house is certainly a shrine to Tyra's narcissism.

Tyra's manipulation of the results is so obvious.  She always gives her score last.  If the other judges score a model she likes too low, then she gives a really high score.  If the other judges score a model she doesn't like too high, then she gives a really low score.  There is rarely consistency in scoring among the judges.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Tyra picked the final photos to manipulate the results as well.  Even though she says "this is your best photo", how do we know she didn't pick a bad photo for the model she wants to send home?

I noticed that Romeo had the lowest fan vote score with 4.7, while all other models had fan vote scores of over 5.  I wonder if he noticed.

• Love 3
Okay, I hope I wasn't the only one who noticed that their supposedly nude silly string walk actually had them in black g-strings? It's very obvious on Adam since he has so little string on him(sometimes they blur his hips to hide it, but othertimes you can clearly see the string and pouch).

I don't think really made an effort to hide it; it was just really noticable (as you mentioned) on some of the models more than others.  Though he's a terrible, terrible model, for some reason, I'm digging Adam and his antics. (I think I'd want to punch him in real-life, but as a contestant, I find him interesting to watch, in a "What's he gonna do next?" kinda way.

That said, this seems overall like a really lackluster crop of "models" this season.  And there's really no-one there to mentor them like there has been in previous seasons, which is something I really miss. Last few seasons it's been people just screeching at the contestants for no apparent reason.

Wow, that model house is certainly a shrine to Tyra's narcissism.

Tyra? Continues to be batshit-crazy, and the "Trya-Shrine" that is the Model House never fails to amuse me. Every year, I feel like I need to break out the "Tyra to English" dictionary.

But thankfully they got rid of Rob, who added nothing, and BryanBoi (UGH! Thank Goddess!)

Edited by ShadowDenizen
  • Love 2

Is Adam 5'7"?  He looks like the shortest person there.  Also, what's with this "top 1% of partiers" thing he keeps mentioning?  Was there a test?

I hope that Tyra's panel outfit was just a glimpse of things to come because it was comedy gold!  I haven't shuddered like that since her disco pirate season.

I wasn't sad to see Ivy go.  To me, she looked as if she came out of the oven too early.  Now I'm hoping that Satan will make Romeo repay his debt early and take him before he gets much further.

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 1

Okay, first things first: NO MORE BRYAN BOY! Yay!!

Second, Adam is the tooliest tool in the tool shed, but he has a fantastic body and I would like him to hold it against me. ;-)

As for the episode, I have no idea what the hell the silly string runway walk was supposed to prove, since they weren't modeling clothes. I guess how well you can keep composure while being covered in silly string? Whatever. Tyson-lite won it, and I guess he was actually pretty good. But it really pissed me off later in the episode when they got annoyed that Ivy didn't know why she didn't do well in the challenge. Um, maybe because they just said she looked "too 80s. And not the good 80s." What is that even supposed to MEAN? If they're talking about her hair and makeup, that's not anything she can control, so why does she get the blame for it? She did blow the photo shoot, though.

I like Will, and I think he does have nice bone structure, but he's clearly out of his element, and won't be long for this season if he doesn't get his act together. It also irritated me that at panel, Matthew didn't defend himself by mentioning that nothing was going on between him and Mirjana because he found out she actually has a boyfriend. So he gets painted in a bad light when she's the one who lied to him. Rude.

I'm not crazy about all the intermingling between the boys and the girls that looks like it's happening this season. I felt like they wanted more of that last season when they added the male models, and so this season they deliberately casted for that. I mean, why else would they keep Adam? Drinking the night before a shoot? Oh man, Janice would have his hide!

And I agree with the judging being kind of crap now. Before, it was clearly just Tyra's whim that was deciding who stayed and who went, but now that they're trying to involve "social media," they have to purposefully tweak the scores in order to get the results Tyra wants. So Kelly and Miss J's scores are probably pretty accurate, but Tyra's are completely insane because they have to be super-high or super-low in order to give that person the final score she wants them to have. What was wrong with being mysteriously arbitrary?

• Love 3
Second, Adam is the tooliest tool in the tool shed, but he has a fantastic body and I would like him to hold it against me. ;-)

Ha Ha, Wootini.

But Hands off! He's mine!  (And I fight dirty...)

So Kelly and Miss J's scores are probably pretty accurate, but Tyra's are completely insane because they have to be super-high or super-low in order to give that person the final score she wants them to have. What was wrong with being mysteriously arbitrary?

Or having valid critiques and comments behind them?  That said, I think Miss J's might be legit, but I think Kelly just goes for she who she likes rahter than actually adding valid insight to her "process." (Tyra's scores are, of coure, utterly nonsensical.)  But they're all STILL better than Rob's last season, who seemed to have a serious hate-one for some of the contenders.

• Love 1
As for the episode, I have no idea what the hell the silly string runway walk was supposed to prove, since they weren't modeling clothes. I guess how well you can keep composure while being covered in silly string? Whatever.

Hey, at least it was just a runway.  Nothing was moving, it wasn't over water, they weren't in bubbles, there were no ghost brides...I'm sure that'll come later, though.  

That reminded me of my favorite part- when the guy from Next Models was reviewing the contestants to pick his winner, he told the one girl with vitaligo that she was a photographer's girl.  I thought that was funny, because in that context it wasn't really a compliment, yet it was all they had, apparently, to create tension about who would win the challenge.

In last week's episode thread, someone mentioned that they think Romeo is pretending to be a witch and fighting with others and is being the way he is because he has studied reality tv and knows this is what he needs to stick around longer.  I thought about that as I watched this week, and I think that poster was right. 

It annoys me that they use the words "Social Media" as though it were the name of a person. "I hope Social Media Likes me." "Let's see what Social Media thinks."  Social Media is a thing, not a person, it doesn't think or feel.  

So, if we have to put up with Boom, Boom, Boom and Boom, Boom, Wow, does that me we never again have to hear tooch, booch, H2T, and smize?  It may be a fair trade.

Tyra's manipulation of the results is so obvious.  She always gives her score last.  If the other judges score a model she likes too low, then she gives a really high score.  If the other judges score a model she doesn't like too high, then she gives a really low score.  There is rarely consistency in scoring among the judges.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Tyra picked the final photos to manipulate the results as well.  Even though she says "this is your best photo", how do we know she didn't pick a bad photo for the model she wants to send home?

I came up with a theory last year that we never see Tyra's ears at panel because she is wearing an ear bud so someone with a calculator can tell her what her score has to be to get the results she wants. 

And I always thought that they should let the models pick which photo of theirs is the best. 

I wonder if Adam's 1510 was out of the more recent 2400, not 1600? That would explain a lot.

I think you may be on to something.  According to Wikipedia (and why can't I find any background on the model wannabees in the show's website?), Adam is 26.  Which means he probably graduated from high school in 2006.  They started using the 2400 point test in March of 2005.  If this is true, two things surprise me -

1) Why haven't the other models called him out on it?  Possible answer is that since he is 26, they all assume that back then, the test was still out of 1600 (Keith is the only other 26 year old, the rest are 24 and under).

2) Adam is 26!  And he is still in college?  And still thinks that his ability to drink beer and/or get wasted is a bragging point?  He also is in the top 1% of tools (or losers, as tools were called when he started college).

• Love 3

It annoys me that they use the words "Social Media" as though it were the name of a person. "I hope Social Media Likes me." "Let's see what Social Media thinks."  Social Media is a thing, not a person, it doesn't think or feel.  

This. And also, the way Tyra says "SOCIAL MEDIA" you'd think it wasn't something that has been around for 20+ years. This is one situation where I'd rather they had a promotion deal with one site like Instagram and just reference that instead of this bold "new" phenomenon called SOCIAL MEDIA.

• Love 1

Though he's a terrible, terrible model, for some reason, I'm digging Adam and his antics.

One of the girls described him as 'awkwardly self confident' and that seems a perfect description for him.

Hmm, I wonder if we're seeing the beginnings of a winner's edit for Keith. Assuming he stays at this level or improves I would be okay with that, especially since he doesn't seem to be a psycho hose beast like almost all the contestants last season. Though he(along with Denzel and Adam) would pretty much be fitness models, not fashion models, meaning if they were called for runway work it would pretty much solely be underwear, swimwear, fetish wear etc.

• Love 3
Hmm, I wonder if we're seeing the beginnings of a winner's edit for Keith.

I'm betting it's a mis-lead. 

I'm further betting there'll be some drama with the ladies, and he'll be sidetracked out of the running. (He wasted no time being sleazy and trying to hit on the woman [Was it Mirajna? Or someone else?] that he picked to share the Tyra suite!)

I really like Ivy. She seems to be the most sanest and nicest person in the bunch and I actually thought she looked pretty in photos so of course she is gone! I guess she would have stayed away from drama, like Josh did, so she is toast.

Miss J is funny!

Edited by Nonlinear
  • Love 1

Romeo = ick. I wonder if each week he is going to target someone and by some strange witchy coincidence that person is eliminated!  Danny last week and this week Ivy.  (Maybe Adam will be his next target.)

I liked Ivy and hoped she would stay.  She reminded me of Sophie from the UK vs. USA season.  I don't get Adam.  He's 26 years old and thinks someone would care about SAT scores???  Especially in a modeling competition? And why is getting drunk a lot something to be proud of?  A behavior any employer would value! 

• Love 3

Definitely. Not that I can remember any specific examples from the too-many cycles of this show, but it always seems like the winner was someone with potential who grew throughout the competition (with a stumble or two along the way for good measure) or came out of the woodwork to suddenly start getting attention from the judges. Those who start strong never seem to finish strong. I predict Keith is going to get the "You're too one note" edit and be gone within a handful of episodes.

Eh, I don't have a problem with Keith going down the tubes.  If someone wants to book Tyson Beckford, they'll book him instead of his quasi-clone.

As for Ivy, I think she'll be one of the few girls from this cycle who'll get signed.  She can be like last cycle's Bianca who didn't even make it to the first judging and got signed almost immediately after being kicked off.

Tyra looked ridiculous at panel and that's saying something considering some of the stuff she's worn over the years.  Of course Tyra's manipulating the scores and she does pick the final photos so she's manipulating things as much as she can.

Adam can leave soon and take Romeo and Mirjana with him.

• Love 1

I cannot figure out why half the guys were drooling over Kari. She looks completely average to me, and I thought she was much older than 23 - she, looks-wise, reminds me of a low rent Denise Richards. Maybe her personality is awesome?

Romeo is so obnoxious, which means he'll be around for awhile. I did cackle that his social media score was so low.

I'm sure he didn't mean it sarcastically, but I got a huge laugh from Matthew saying "Wow, and Tyra looks good in the house too!" I also busted a gut when Will rolled his eyes at Adam playing beer pong and tipped his wine glass to the camera.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 4

Those who start strong never seem to finish strong.

I don't have the seasons memorized either, but I think Anne was pretty much in the top for most of her season.  Didn't she get something like 5 FCO's in a row?

Anyway, I am pretty much hating this group of hamsters. Well, all the guys with the exception of Will, but my guess is he won't be there for too long.  Doesn't bring the off-photo shoot/runway drama if he can't hook up with anyone.  But he's the only one I find attractive out of the guys.  Well, I like Matthew's look too, but not his personality or his so-called modeling yet.  I was glad someone on the show brought up how some agencies/photographers may find Romeo's tattoos distracting. I think that crap on his neck, which is off centered, makes his head look like it's floating near his body, but not attached to it.  Although, I did think his photo shoot was OK.

Am I the only one who feels like I'm watching an episode of The Real World or Bachelor Pad with this show now.  It seems like modeling is taking a way, way, way back seat to the "drama" and I hate that. I know this show has never really been about finding the next top model, but now it seems to have lost all its focus.

maybe because they just said [ivy] looked "too 80s. And not the good 80s." What is that even supposed to MEAN? If they're talking about her hair and makeup, that's not anything she can control, so why does she get the blame for it?

Yes, I didn't get that either. It seemed that it was because of her hair and makeup, which she had no part of.  Yes, she has chosen her own haircut, but really there is nothing inherently "80's" about the cut. I liked her and wished she'd stuck around. It would have been fun to see what Tyra did to her on make-over day.

Who is going to be the ice blonde this year?  The shaved head? The crappy extensions that pull the model's face into odd contortions or simply fall out?

And please for the love of the deity of your choosing- please can Tyra stop with the "catchphrases"... bootch, tootch, boom boom boom & boom boom wow????  I can't take it...........

Miss J for the win, please.  Oh and I hate Adam and don't find his body attractive and can't believe at 26 he's about to tattoo "Top 1% of Partiers" on his forehead.

But yet, I still watch...

• Love 1

I'm not Wiccan, nor, frankly, do I know that much about it, but i do know people who identify as Wiccan, and if they saw how they're playing this for a laugh (Miss Jay pretending to be affected by a spell, etc.) they would blow up.  (I'm not sure Romeo himself isn't almost playing it for a laugh, or at least for airtime, as someone noted upthread, but that's beside the point).   

Would they portray (this is just off the top of my head) a Catholic contestant saying they'd prayed to X saint and boom, their opponent left the show?  Wait, I forgot, it's ANTM.  They probably would.

• Love 2

My favorite part was when Miss Jay was so annoyed with Adam's antics on the runway, and responded to something the Next Model Management guy said with, "...and my foot UP HIS ASS!' hee hee hee

None of these people impress me. I guess I like Matthew as far as modeling style goes. I don't know y'all, I watched every cycle of this crapfest and this may be the one that finally breaks me.

• Love 4

I believe this show was filmed last year. Adam was 26 nearly a year ago. Assuming he was admitted to college at the age of 18, then Adam was admitted to Emory in the Fall of 2005. It's been a while since I applied to college, but I started sending in my applications at the beginning of my senior year of high school when I already had my SAT scores. That means Adam took the SATs in 2004/2005.

I think he's a douche, but there is no way Adam got into Emory with a 1510/2400 SAT scores.

• Love 3

Would they portray (this is just off the top of my head) a Catholic contestant saying they'd prayed to X saint and boom, their opponent left the show?  Wait, I forgot, it's ANTM.  They probably would.

Of course they would, if they were being obnoxious about it like Romeo. Remember C1 Robin? ANTM is an equal-opportunity mocker. ;)

This group. THIS GROUP. I think this group of hamsters might be the worst since C4, and that's saying something. There's Will... Lenox is pretty great... and Mirjana is beautiful, but heinous... and Keith the Tyson clone is OK... and beyond that, I don't have much.

I cannot figure out why half the guys were drooling over Kari. She looks completely average to me, and I thought she was much older than 23 - she, looks-wise, reminds me of a low rent Denise Richards. Maybe her personality is awesome?

I don't understand it either. She's pretty average to me. She doesn't have much of an upper lip, but she does have prominent teeth. Those things together were kind of jarring to me.

I loved Miss J talking about putting a foot up Adam's ass. He definitely needs it.

Romeo is a legend in his own mind.

• Love 2

I think Adam needs to realise that, at 26, no one cares about his drinking, SAT scores, or frat boy abilities.  It's kind of sad that he still thinks stuff like that is important and shows how immature he really is.  Sad.

Mirjana and Romeo.... I can't even.  They both need a huge dose of STFU.  Typical loudmouths who add nothing to the world.

• Love 5

As obnoxious as Adam is I thought his response to the negative critique given by the photographer last week was good. He seemed surprised but admitted he was weak. I liked the fact that he didn't deny but accepted he was not all that. I have a feeling we might start to like him with more episodes.

I also think his torso to leg proportion is off. When you see him full length I notice this. But I don't know if anyone has runway proportions and is runway material on the show. The contestants looks like the men and women on any reality show these days.

Shae's eyes look dead. Ivy should have stayed.

Not sure why but I don't think I can stop watching this show.

Edited by Nonlinear
  • Love 2
Anyway, I am pretty much hating this group of hamsters. Well, all the guys with the exception of Will, but my guess is he won't be there for too long.  Doesn't bring the off-photo shoot/runway drama if he can't hook up with anyone.

Wasn't there one guy who was bisexual?  I'd swear there was (my brain thinks it's the guy who was flirting with Mirjana) but I could have invented that.   Or maybe someone will turn- they haven't done that yet.  

In any case, I'm thinking Will will be fine for awhile because he's got the androgyny thing, a decent backstory, and Tyra said she thinks he has the strongest face.  Romeo's the only other androgynous one far as I can tell, and he's too much of the villain to ride it out.  Wait, what am I saying- scratch that, he's Top 3, Will's toast.  I've watched enough reality tv to know that's a false statement.  I just like Will, too.

• Love 1

I'm not Wiccan, nor, frankly, do I know that much about it, but i do know people who identify as Wiccan, and if they saw how they're playing this for a laugh (Miss Jay pretending to be affected by a spell, etc.) they would blow up.  (I'm not sure Romeo himself isn't almost playing it for a laugh, or at least for airtime, as someone noted upthread, but that's beside the point).

I'd agree except they haven't called it Wicca or something else that suggests a actual religious concept. Instead they've just mentioned 'practicing witchcraft' and showing what looks like a book of spells from a table top game store and talk about casting spells on people. If I were to assume he's serious, and i'm not, it honestly sounds more like a case of someone who is a Satanist than a Wiccan.. but without the irony Satanism is supposed to have.

• Love 4
Romeo said he's bisexual.

Which leads me to think there'll be some "sparks" between him and WIll. (Didn't Will do a sting saying "If there's another gay man in the house, I'll find him" or whatever?

Oh, and I never want to hear Trya utter the word "Manaconda" again. Have some pride, woman!

Edited by ShadowDenizen
  • Love 2

Wasn't there one guy who was bisexual?  I'd swear there was (my brain thinks it's the guy who was flirting with Mirjana) but I could have invented that.   

While I don't recall him saying so straight out, Matthew did say of Mirjana that he was really attracted to her, and he wasn't attracted to many girls in general, which did make think he was bisexual as well.

• Love 1

I'd agree except they haven't called it Wicca or something else that suggests a actual religious concept. Instead they've just mentioned 'practicing witchcraft' and showing what looks like a book of spells from a table top game store and talk about casting spells on people. If I were to assume he's serious, and i'm not, it honestly sounds more like a case of someone who is a Satanist than a Wiccan.. but without the irony Satanism is supposed to have.

Ah, good point, but the Wiccans I know would be seriously ticked off if they saw this anyway.  One specific individual I'm thinking of is rather touchy!  

I do want to be clear that I'm all for them poking fun at Romeo, because he's an ass, and no, Nutjob, I don't remember Robin, because I didn't watch season 1.  Did she mention a specific denomination?  

Oh--I forgot to mention--among all the stupid weather-related hashtags, puns, etc., in the house, I am pretty sure I saw that written on their catwalk is the "word" Atmosfierce.  I wish I had not seen it.  It made me very sad.

• Love 3

Oh--I forgot to mention--among all the stupid weather-related hashtags, puns, etc., in the house, I am pretty sure I saw that written on their catwalk is the "word" Atmosfierce.  I wish I had not seen it.  It made me very sad.

I hurricant with them.

• Love 3

I do want to be clear that I'm all for them poking fun at Romeo, because he's an ass, and no, Nutjob, I don't remember Robin, because I didn't watch season 1.  Did she mention a specific denomination?

All the freaking time, yes. ;) She was a very open, very evangelical Christian, and got blatantly called out by Tyra at panel for being a hypocrite at one point in the show.

I wouldn't wish Romeo on my worst enemy, let alone on sweet Will. He's better off staying out of all that mess.

• Love 1

Well Romeo did mention Wicca, he mumbled it in one of his talking heads before adding that he also studies witchcraft. He does have a pentacle on his arm too so I think he's at least a little serious about it as well. I'm not Wiccan (more of an eclectic Pagan), but it did bother me how they portrayed it on the show, and also the way Romeo portrayed it. The show makes fun of everyone yes but it's bothersome when most of the world already treats it like a joke along with reinforcing that image on the show. From the previews, I think it's only going to get worse image wise. I felt myself cringing whenever they brought up because I knew a joke or whatever Ms. J's reaction was was coming. They'll probably play it up more editing wise with Halloween coming up if Romeos still in the house.

• Love 1

So the silly string was pointless except for partially blinding them as no one really made a fuss about the lack of clothing. However, it did give me a chance to really see that a lot of them have horrible walks. Even Shei, who photographs well came across as too sexy and bouncy. Did none of them practice? I don't know if they thought Keith had a great walk or they just think he looks like Tyson.

I wonder if Romeo knows a damn thing about wicca because he just comes across as an idiot going through a middle school goth phase.

I forget the name of the couple who were cuddling last season but it worked for them because they were actually growing close. I don't need to see the hamsters cuddling right now. This is not Big Brother or Real World. Get back to the competition.

Oh, thank God they're not making them sell water on rollerskates again. I was worried after that challenge clue. I feel like the waste of water is in poor taste. Still, I was hoping for the Darcy fantasy. I think Ben came the closest.

Mirjana kind of looks like if you took Angelina Jolie and mixed her features with someone with softer, rounder features like Miranda Kerr. She looks great but she stirs up way too much drama. They didn't show us what Adam was doing but she didn't really explain herself well when confronted about why she was taking a go at Adam for drinking. Please tell me we're not going to have to deal with some BS story about how her aunt is an alcoholic. Mirjana, you cannot use up all the plotlines in the first few episodes. It also doesn't say much about her that she's friends with Romeo.

• I think Adam's photo actually came out great since the focus was mainly on his body. He's got to learn to take a good photo with his eyes open though. Kelly's critique made no sense and it was doubly awful for making us picture Kelly in a group sex situation. Why would you do that? WHY?

I would have hoped that they could have found a better photo of Ben. Maybe if there were good poses they weren't angled towards the camera because from the footage of the shoot I thought they'd have found something.

Mirjana's photo wasn't great but given the pack, she did well. I feel the same about Matthew. His body got him through it but there wasn't anything happening in the face and I'm not in love with the facial hair. I think if he's going to have the beard (we'll see what happens during makeover week) he needs to angle his face in a particular way so it works to his advantage instead of working against him.

Shei's photo was surprisingly weak. Maybe they took out a lot of the sexier shots because Tyra and Yu Tsai were both complaining about them. I thought it wasn't terrible but it was just bland. Also, I'm watching Kelly talking about the eyes because she was so close to saying something racist.

Chantelle's photo was so close to being great but I think they needed to take the photo just a second later. It was the wrong moment. She was still hunched forward a bit too much. 

Kari's body looked great but I agree that her eyes needed to be open.

Lenox underwhelmed. Not sure why they were so crazy about it.

Keith actually did really well. He was clearly the best of the guys.

Will's photo was very odd. I guess all his other shots were unusable. Also, Kelly stop trying to tell stories. They all suck and none of them make any sense.

Mirjana kind of looks like if you took Angelina Jolie and mixed her features with someone with softer, rounder features like Miranda Kerr. She looks great but she stirs up way too much drama. They didn't show us what Adam was doing but she didn't really explain herself well when confronted about why she was taking a go at Adam for drinking. Please tell me we're not going to have to deal with some BS story about how her aunt is an alcoholic. Mirjana, you cannot use up all the plotlines in the first few episodes. It also doesn't say much about her that she's friends with Romeo.

I think she's pretty, but I also think she looks like a younger Leah Remini. She is getting on my last nerve, but I keep trying to remind myself she's 18, so hopefully in 5 years, she'll look back on her behavior and be embarrassed.

Kelly Cutrone on the other hand - it's not an attractive trait to be stirring up dating drama like a middle schooler when you're in your 40s. "He's flirting with Mirjana!" Ugh, shut up. And Mirjana? A simple dismissal would've worked, as opposed to angrily bellowing "NOT ANYMORE!!! IM DONE WITH THAT!"

• Love 1

I think Adam's photo actually came out great since the focus was mainly on his body.

As oogy as I find his personality, I do think Adam could do pretty well in underwear/fitness/swimwear modeling if that photo is anything to go by. As would Keith. Though I think that would be about it for them(well I could maybe see Adam modeling for A&F.. well assuming they're okay with mixed race models now).

Chantelle's photo was so close to being great but I think they needed to take the photo just a second later. It was the wrong moment. She was still hunched forward a bit too much.

Yeah that seemed like photographer fail to me, the pose and motion was great but captured at the wrong moment.

I would have hoped that they could have found a better photo of Ben.

Maybe they did and just wanted to keep him with a low-moderate score. Though given Ben actually has some nice post show work, I wonder if this will be a case of 'good newcomer goes home early because of complete lack of coaching into how to model'.

• Love 1

My guess is that Adam is going for a redemption arc, where he sees the childishness of his ways, and buckles down to take modeling seriously. And then he wil be sent home because he is too short and old to be a model. There will be tears.

• Love 2

Mirjana kind of looks like if you took Angelina Jolie and mixed her features with someone with softer, rounder features

I kept expecting her to ask Matthew to tell her "about the Stooges", but that was probably more about her accent than any resemblance to that actress from that Seinfeld episode.

All the photos sucked. The only hamsters, male and female, that I can realistically see in a magazine fashion spread are Matthew, Lennox, and maybe Will. All the others are either too old, too short, or too damn desperate. I used to like tough East European chick but she can go home anytime now. Her personality is beyond grating and she can take Romeo with her. I like Will but his photo was beyond bad. It reminded me of SNL's Bill Hader as Stefon. http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/17/saturday-night-live-stefon-clubs-everything/

Glad he got saved in the end though.