Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay confession time:  I’ve never seen original Mary poppins so while I love Emily blunt I didn’t feel I could see the new one. You can all throw things at me.

Come sit next to me.  Not a fan.  Don't need to see the new one. Though I did have a Mary Poppins paper doll set that was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Chrissy Metz is denying the 'bitch' comment - but if it was on a mike?  Who knows...it could have been something else and was heard incorrectly.  

Edited by CherryMalotte
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hey, Interstellar reunion!

Olivia Coleman!!!  Haven't seen The Favorite, but she's a damn world-wild treasure!

Loved the movie. All three were great. I’m happy she won. Can’t wait to see her in The Crown.

• Love 5

Emily Blunt was terrific as Mary Poppins and I am sad she lost.  The trailer for The Fsvourite turns me off, and watching the interviews and promotions for it has not changed my mind.

• Love 3

I am pumped to see The Favourite, because as much as I love The Tudor Period of history I have grown tired of movies only ever focusing on that time frame. It's about time the nutty Stuarts got their moment to shine. There is more to the Stuarts than just Mary, Queen of Scots. I've always said The Stuarts ruling England would make a great drama series (even if it was melodramatic like The Tudors).

And thrilled that Olivia Coleman won, maybe she could do a Helen Mirren and win multiple awards for playing different British Queens.

• Love 6

I had no idea Andy Samberg was a bay area native. That makes him just a tad bit more appealing now. 

Helloooooooo Bradley Cooper. He just gets finer with age, but I'll always love him from his Alias days. Will Tippin FTW!

I kind of like Sandra Oh's red dress. Her parents are adorable!

Lady Gaga's hair matches Pete Davidson's. 

Yay Richard Madden! That's redemption for getting killed in the Red Wedding :P 

Does Kaley's dress have pockets? That just took it up a notch. 

What's up with some of the awkward weird camera shots? They couldn't even find Justin Hurwitz when he won.

Awkward pause/silence after Gaga & company's thank yous. That guy's daughter isn't doing the best job of leading celebrities off the stage.....

Regina, don't make me cry!

You go Sandra Oh! Ok, now I'm crying. 

I'm okay with Lady Gaga. She was born the same year as me and we both have fibromyalgia, so I feel her pain about all that comes with that. No pun intended.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Did...did I miss the Best Actor and Actress in a Drama awards??  Because they just announced that we're getting to "the big one."

You didn't miss them.  The Best Actor/Actress in a movie (Drama) are still coming up.

Edited by TVFan17
3 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Listen bud, if you spend five minutes just reading a laundry list of names, don't be surprised when you get the music. You should have practiced and edited.

Very long.

• Love 1