Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Met Cute

• Start Topic

Well, the Met Gala is the one event where it’s acceptable to wear a wedding gown. And if it’s still in good condition, why not?

I can’t believe Carrie still had it after everything…then again, it’s Carrie, who’d sooner throw herself off the Brooklyn Bridge than sell her precious shoes, let alone an outfit she doesn’t even wear.

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, BingeyKohan said:

What was with Carrie's original terrible dress? The cape looked good but even with the right seamstress that would have been a bad look!

Totally agree! Definitely not a Met Gala look - especially for the character of Carrie who looked like she was going to the Met Gala almost every day. Also when she said she didn't have a gown she could just pull out of the closet - what about the one she modeled for Seema - which the one she wore in Paris with Alexander Petrosky or the one she wore when she spread Big's ashes - that woman has so many ball gowns. I did think her using the Westwood for her (non)wedding dress - that just happened to be in her closet- was a nice callback.

• Like 21
12 minutes ago, zamp33 said:

Totally agree! Definitely not a Met Gala look - especially for the character of Carrie who looked like she was going to the Met Gala almost every day. Also when she said she didn't have a gown she could just pull out of the closet - what about the one she modeled for Seema - which the one she wore in Paris with Alexander Petrosky or the one she wore when she spread Big's ashes - that woman has so many ball gowns. I did think her using the Westwood for her (non)wedding dress - that just happened to be in her closet- was a nice callback.

yeah I wished I hadn't been spoiled - they did set the moment up nicely. I guess she couldn't wear the Paris one because it wouldn't be right with a veil ... I also think that whole exercise with Lily and the clothes being all through her apartment last season was because she was cataloguing stuff for storage but it makes even less sense to keep her giant wedding dress in that relatively small closet if she's going to keep only one of them around.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Looks like I'm being dragged back into this mess, hopefully it will manage to be a teeny bit less cringe than last season, although this isn't giving me a ton of hope. There were a few moments I liked, and there wasn't anything too terrible like watching Miranda getting fingerbanged in Carrie's kitchen while Carrie pisses into a bottle in the next room, so that's something. 

That Met dress Carrie was going to wear felt really off for a Met dress, Carrie wears Met style clothes to go to brunch but that's what she ended up with? I don't buy at all that she doesn't have a million ballgowns in her closet at all times, but I did like the dress call-back. 

Che continues to be the least funny comic in the history of comedy and Miranda is still an idiot. This is really all she wants? 

• Like 24
(edited)

Liked the Met Gala dress drama, and loved the repurposed "pain" of the wedding dress, which I did not figure out until Carrie did.  I was grateful for the throwback because I did not enjoy the rest of it, especially the reinvention of Miranda's character and super stupid storyline. 

Isn't Miranda the one that came up with "Maybe he's just not into you." line and now she's all freaked out that her new lover doesn't want to be touched in public.  Which was an equally stupid subplot:  a person who is confident enough in who they are to announce their non-binary status (had to explain that one to my 85 year old mom) as well as a  person who hates getting dressed up and hates wardrobe people suggesting what looks good, ) is NOT going to cry because  those same pros implied they should lose weight.   Please.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
edited to correct pronoun
  • Like 6

Well, I’ll be darned, maybe I’m just jet-lagged, but I thought this was good!  It was funny!  I actually laughed a couple of times.  And the new characters weren’t loudly proclaiming their diversity, (except Che, see below) they just seemed like part of the ensemble.  Che is still not funny, not in the least bit androgynous or transgressive, and I’m so old that I kept wondering who the other person was when someone said “they” (and they did make sure to say “they” like five hundred times, even when Che was standing right there,  just in case we didn’t get it).  But I actually liked the character in the scenes with Miranda and the phone call with Carrie.  The writing on this just seems more like the old show, just about friends and silly situations and not trying to make such a political point.  I love all the characters, they felt like old friends again.  Your mileage may vary.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Which was an equally stupid subplot:  a person who is confident enough in who they are to announce their non-binary status (had to explain that one to my 85 year old mom) as well as a  person who hates getting dressed up and hates wardrobe people suggesting what looks good, ) is NOT going to cry because  those same pros implied she should lose weight.   Please. 

Che aggravates me (because they are a bad character) but this was realistic. Even confident people are insecure about something, and being a celebrity means your body is picked a part CONSTANTLY. And I could see how Che generally wouldn’t care but understands that to be “A-List” there are different rules. 

Charlotte was one of my favorite parts of the episode- 1. When she was wearing this dress & carrying Richard Burton (love him)IMG_8826.thumb.jpeg.d78941a5d67451c5cb9f6873452fd98a.jpeg

2. When she told Rock, “just for today, help your sister”. 😂

When I saw FINE ASS Gary Dourdan on my screen, I wanted Nya to hit that! He’s coming back right???? Andre doesn’t know what he left at home.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Isn't Miranda the one that came up with "Maybe he's just not into you." line and now she's all freaked out that her new lover doesn't want to be touched in public.  Which was an equally stupid subplot:  a person who is confident enough in who they are to announce their non-binary status (had to explain that one to my 85 year old mom) as well as a  person who hates getting dressed up and hates wardrobe people suggesting what looks good, ) is NOT going to cry because  those same pros implied she should lose weight.   Please. 

Berger came up with it and then Miranda took it on as her mantra. I hate what they've done to her character with the Che Diaz of it all. I'm still not over her cheating on Steve last season when it hurt her so much when he had a one night stand.

I also don't understand how Miranda has the money to be a lady of leisure, the original series and the films, she was money concious like a plot point in the first film was her needing to find an affordable rental and this series shes quit her job to do an LLM and work for a non profit and now has abandonded that and is just a stay at home girlfriend, the Miranda from the original series would be freaking out about no income.

I mean the whole point of the Che Diaz character in the first season was out and proud, calling out others for not being woke enough etc. and now can't standup for themselves at all even in a wardrobe fitting

• Like 15
  • Applause 2

I’m going to criticize things, but I’m also going to watch every episode, so I guess they win.

I don’t remember half of these new characters, so I’m not invested in their stories yet. 

Why does Carrie live in such a small plain apartment? Didn’t she inherit millions? Even if she doesn’t want a giant fancy apartment, you’d think she’d want a huge closet.

Miranda’s hair is awful, so unflattering. It looks like what you see on too many middle-aged women, a non-hairstyle that I call “I give up” hair. 

I really liked Charlotte in the hat and veil, it was a good look for her. I loved Carrie in the wedding gown and cape, nice callback. That red dandelion outfit was just crazy, though. Sometimes I think the Met Gala is someone’s idea of a joke, like they’re punking celebrities to see how far they would go.

One more procedure and Charlotte is going to be full Joker. Don’t these women have mirrors?

• Like 16
  • LOL 2

I hated the way it started, with almost every character in a slinky nightgown having the obligatory amazing sex, but then it helped remind me who this multitude of new characters was and the basic look of each of their partners, so it was an effective catchup, I guess. Then colour me surprised, I really enjoyed most of this first episode. It was a hell of a lot better and more in tune with the feel of the old series than season one of AJLT. It helped that there was a fair bit of Anthony Marentino in it, and all the faff around outfits and who was or wasn't the plus one was enjoyable and even with the heinous hairdo before she frocked up in the hat and veil and cape and wedding dress, Carrie looked beautiful in that ending flash of a side glance coming down her front steps.

Che being toned down and in less of a clownsuit of a wardrobe was better. There are still plenty of dull subplots being explored, but overall it was a really surprisingly good first episode.

• Like 10
57 minutes ago, maggiegil said:

I also don't understand how Miranda has the money to be a lady of leisure, the original series and the films, she was money concious like a plot point in the first film was her needing to find an affordable rental and this series shes quit her job to do an LLM and work for a non profit and now has abandonded that and is just a stay at home girlfriend, the Miranda from the original series would be freaking out about no income.

Miranda is also 20yrs older and has been partner for that amount of time. Assuming she’s been saving for Brady’s college her expenses are lower- she doesn’t need childcare any more, Steve’s mom is dead so she’s not paying for her long term care, likely Steve’s bar has been doing well and their house might be paid for (or close it). I fully expect to be more financially secure at 55 than I am at 37, I’m child free but Miranda only had the one and isn’t supporting any elderly parents or disabled relatives and she was married all these years. Yes Steve made less than her but he was adding to the household income. 

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

Gary Dourdan! I know he had some legal and addiction issues but I was so happy to see him looking FINE. I do hope he'll be back. 

So fine. Yes he must come back! They wouldn’t have cast him for just the one scene!

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I did appreciate Charlotte and Harry still having hot sex, as in the original SATC she revealed that he was the “best sex she ever had” when debating whether to continue their relationship.

The Met Gala really separates the men from the boys - sorry, is that too patriarchal for me to say? - when it comes to fashion.  Some celebrities fully embrace the theme and the nuttiness and some…don’t.  

As amazing as Seema’s look was otherwise, a pair of gold-painted sunglasses on a stick does not a “veiled beauty” make.  LTW was the only person who put genuine effort into the assignment and it showed.

Did…did they say Che’s pilot was for ABC?  Like, *ABC* *ABC*?  Umm…like, maybe ABC studios doing something direct for streaming?  I can’t even imagine it on Freeform, which is pretty progressive.

Had you revealed this non-relationship to your friends earlier, literally everyone else would have rightly told you not to shit where you eat, Carrie, because of potential awkwardness or whatever, but you’ve already made your bed.  

But, I don’t buy that Carrie would be this awkward at having casual sex — The second episode of SATC is you using Dean Winters for meaningless sex.  You put up with ADHD Jazz Musician Craig Bierko’s loopiness in exchange for more great sex.  I guess one could argue that she’s been in relationships for so long that she is now awkward at non-relationships.  

To quote Taylor Swift, “I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser.”

The column at Vogue.  Vogue sponsoring her wedding dress.  An entire episode about the Met Ball (Anthony was not wrong in describing in the gals’ plight as The Rich People’s Problems’ Podcast — but he still wanted to go anyway!) — Sarah Jessica Parker sure knows that her bread is buttered by Anna Wintour.

That said, I do think SJP IRL does put considerable thought and consideration for her Met Ball looks and it shows.

Miranda…think for ten seconds.  For ten seconds.  At any point in your fifty-odd years of prior existence did you seem like a person who would enjoy a sensory deprivation tank?  You are the *last* person I would put in a sensory deprivation tank!

As a gay man, I will say that Anthony’s “tap tap tap” experience is all too realistic.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, I didn't hate this episode as much as I thought I would but I'm still in a love-hate relationship with it.  I don't really care about the new characters.  They are trying too hard to replace the some of the sassiness of Samantha in a few women and it just isn't cutting it for me.  I don't feel like they add anything to the show and they don't feel like an integrated part of the original cast.  We are supposed to believe they are friends with the original cast but I have zero history with them and so I can't get past that feeling that they are just temporary and not that important.  Plus I just don't feel that they are all that relatable to the average viewer.  They don't seem to have much purpose other than to try to make us all think they are fantastic and cool or something.  It's just not working for me.

The bits with Miranda and Che were eye roll inducing and pretty much what I expected them to be but they are boring me like no tomorrow.   And the "new normal" where Steve's absence is not even mentioned or felt feels particularly nasty to me.

I have to say that Carrie and her storyline are the most true to the original series but it's standing alone here amid a lot of extraneous garbage.  And it's not even that interesting at best.  A recent widow not ready for more than a sexual hookup relationship.  Just yawn.

Charlotte seems to have calmed down somewhat since last season.  On a shallow note, I actually think Kristin Davis is looking better too.  I don't think her lips are as puffy plus she's slimmed down a little and her clothing looks better on her.    Although I agree that her lips are stretched out to the max.

Anthony Marentino must have a picture in a closet aging somewhere because he sure isn't.

I just felt like this was a series of snippets of people's lives that really don't have much to do with each other.  At least in the old series the women were always together doing things and were more involved in each other's personal lives.  Now most of their interaction is just on the phone and not much of that either.  OK, it was a catch-up episode so I won't be too hard on it but I sadly don't have much hope of it improving that much as the season progresses.

Edited by Yeah No
Kristin not Kristen
  • Like 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Che continues to be the least funny comic in the history of comedy and Miranda is still an idiot. This is really all she wants? 

It's always perilous when a show has a stand-up comic as a character. Great standup is pretty rare and difficult to write. Che's outro was incredibly lame.

"Seinfeld" was funny but Jerry's opening monologues usually weren't.

I think this show might be past its shelf life  for me. It got less and less interesting to me as the characters got richer and richer. Maybe I'll like it better as I see more episodes.

I'm glad Kristin D remembered how to act. Maybe it's just that they're writing her more like the old Charlotte. She was over-the-top annoying in Season 1. I wish she would let herself age naturally. And I enjoyed the moments Carrie was more like the old jokey, down to earth Carrie. 

All that said, I'll watch the whole season, of course.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 7
9 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I think this show is past its shelf life. It got less and less interesting as the characters got richer and richer.

So true.

Plus they seem to have lost the ability to write any kind of vaguely realistic dialogue between friends now that the ladies are 50ish and rich.

• Like 9

Did anyone else feel the Che telling Miranda it was the belly-comment that made her act weird around her didn't quite sound that honest? If it was supposed to be honest I am disappointed with the acting.

• Like 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I think this show might be past its shelf life  for me. It got less and less interesting to me as the characters got richer and richer. 

Bingo.   And now we have new ever richer and more privileged characters with storylines that don't relate to the average viewer.  The thing about the original series was that it featured young, up and coming characters that most of the audience could identify with in their own experience.  And even when they did achieve wealth they didn't lose their relatability as people.  We cheered their success and aspired to be like them.  Now I just find myself feeling like we're supposed to love and aspire to be these rich people but there's absolutely nothing realistic or relatable about them.  I find them to be narcissistic and shallow.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 10
  • Applause 4

I did love Charlotte channeling Samantha & Miranda on her walk with Carrie: "So is his dick big?"....*LOL*  

Kristen said in a recent interview she's gotten so much hate mail about her cosmetic procedures that she's letting her fillers dissolve.  I will say SJP seems to let her wrinkles show a bit more freely. 

At the beginning, when they showed all the couples getting together, I'm REALLY glad they didn't give us the on-her-own Nya getting in a little self-pleasure.  That seems to be the current go-to and it's really not necessary.  They showed her with huge bowls of snacks and I liked that.  

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Aulty said:

Did anyone else feel the Che telling Miranda it was the belly-comment that made her act weird around her didn't quite sound that honest? If it was supposed to be honest I am disappointed with the acting.

I actually did believe it, and thought the acting was good in that scene. Che even wiped away some tears, which seemed organic and embarrassed and not disingenuous, to me. I imagine SR had plenty of real life stuff to relate to in that scene, I know they were dragged for their weight and size on Grey's Anatomy. Fat phobia is still such a thing. 

I agree about the rich, privileged  angle making these people so unrelatable now. They're almost all absurdly wealthy, but still just as whiny and unhappy as ever, which is probably realistic, but it's not much fun to watch. 

• Like 13
3 minutes ago, luna1122again said:

, I know they were dragged for their weight and size on Grey's Anatomy. Fat phobia is still such a thing. 

I liked them so much better on Grey's Anatomy.

18 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Now I just find myself feeling like we're supposed to love and aspire to be these rich people but there's absolutely nothing realistic or relatable about them.  I find them to be narcissistic and shallow.

Especially with the sad state of affairs that is our economy with inflation and all.

• Like 4

Fatphobia is alive and well and it doesn't surprise me that Che would be feeling it, even if they're super confident and body positive. What didn't work for me was how Miranda's insecurity about their relationship being only sex played out. Che is super enthusiastic, eager for the strap on. The phone rings and Miranda overhears Che comment about some relationships are just about sex and suddenly projects that on to their relationship? It made no sense. It was soap opera levels of poor communication and I hate when shows do that. 

• Like 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, T Summer said:

Plus they seem to have lost the ability to write any kind of vaguely realistic dialogue between friends now that the ladies are 50ish and rich.

They have too many characters. They make an entrance, looking fabulous, toss off a few witty or dramatic comments, then they're gone. SJP especially is settling for looking good and phoning in her dialogue.

Miranda appears to have traded in her wise brain for that of a teenager.

The show's premise and the writing are utterly tone-deaf. Most of the scenes are embarrassing. This show is revealing a lot about the folks who produced it and what they think of their viewers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6
23 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Am I the only one who was mad on Anthony's behalf that his invite got rescinded twice? I was so annoyed when Seema called Carrie and said she's back in, Carrie didn't even bat an eye and say "what about Anthony?" She immediately called him and told him he's not going. Seema, you cancelled. You don't get to just call after that and say you changed your mind. Anthony ended up going so it's all moot but still, if I was him, I'd be pissed. 

Yes I would be pissed as well. Anthony was mistreated in that respect. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 6/22/2023 at 8:32 AM, BingeyKohan said:

What was with Carrie's original terrible dress? The cape looked good but even with the right seamstress that would have been a bad look!

I also didn't get the part where the designer was so stressed out about the back of the dress when there's a cape anyway covering that back.

Then again, I don't get Met Gala fashion so there's that.

Like most of you, I will continue to (hate) watch this season, hoping for some pleasant surprises here and there.

I totally forgot about Carrie's podcast producer. Having just finished the last season of Never Have I Ever, it's nice to see the actor again. Poorna and SJP - he's having quite a nice dating life in his TV shows.

I can’t imagine how much garbage LTW must have swept up with her dress walking the 10 blocks. Carrie also looked like she was going to walk the streets with her cape. Barf!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

When I saw FINE ASS Gary Dourdan on my screen, I wanted Nya to hit that!

SHAZZA ZULU sighting!!  Nya’s meltdown over Andre was over the top and made me not give a damn.

Kristin must have read many a comment during last year’s hiatus, ‘cause she looks like herself again….hopefully this’ll spell the end of troutpout.

SJP, we know you have a ‘no nudity’ clause but answer me this, who in the bluedilly hell shimmy-shams with a bra on?! 

(Shudders)….now I know what a strap-on looks like, this will be seared in my memory until I bleach my eyes!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Am I the only one who was mad on Anthony's behalf that his invite got rescinded twice?

I was SO MAD about this (irrationally so, since I don’t care that much about this show or the characters).  Seema needs this more?  F off with that, Carrie.  I didn’t know the Met Gala was a needs-based event. And for Charlotte to treat her best friend like that was doubly crappy.

Carrie displayed remarkable patience with that dress situation.  The designer was so unprofessional throughout the whole ordeal.  But I get it, the designer is inexperienced in dealing with crises.  I didn’t think the cape looked fantastic with the dress, but I did kind of like the “repurposed pain” concept.

This show just isn’t very well written, though.  Like, to everyone’s “unrelatable problems” point above: it’s not just about how rich and entitled these people are.  It’s that nothing they do is even grounded in the reality of the wealth-drenched situations that they find themselves in.  Carrie is sleeping with her podcast producer for casual sex only.  That is so messy, and it seems weird that a woman of her age and life experience would be so blasé about it.  It’s not about “giving away your power” as Miranda or Charlotte-as-Miranda said:  it’s about:  can Carrie fire this guy?  (Presumably yes?)  So no consideration as to how this ends, how she could get sued, how she could get publicly called out for being predatory if things were to go bad?

I mean, I do get that this show is a friendship, relationship and sexual NYC fantasy, but then just give her a fun casual sex relationship with a neighbor so you don’t start thinking about how superficially this show is written.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The thing about the original series was that it featured young, up and coming characters that most of the audience could identify with in their own experience.

I think we were watching different shows. I enjoyed the original show but could never identify with people who bought $800 shoes. Or who had time for daily leisurely lunches with friends while establishing careers. Or who could afford to live in NY and still wear different (and expensive) clothes every day.

5 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

SJP, we know you have a ‘no nudity’ clause but answer me this, who in the bluedilly hell shimmy-shams with a bra on?! 

That was the case in the original show too. And in many many other shows. I respect an actor not wanting to do nudity, but they could do the bare shoulders with the sheet pulled up look, so it at least looks like they’re nude. I agree that all these post-sex scenes with bras (and panties and nighties and…) on just looks silly.

• Like 7
(edited)

This show reminded me how much I love Evan Handler as Harry. 

My favorite scene of this whole episode was the very beginning, when Charlotte in her black negligee put her arms around him from behind.  The sweet expression on his face was priceless.  He was so delighted by her doing that, and his face showed it perfectly.  Nothing lecherous or skanky.  He's such a good actor in small scenes.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 10
  • Love 10

The writing on this show is so schlocky and unnatural, "I've been editing my doc", "I need to get a check to finish this doc".  And some of the acting is junior high level.  The woman who plays Seems is embarrassingly over-the-top, when she said the line about Tom Ford it was practically vaudevillian in it's hamminess.  Also, Miranda acts like she's got some sort of head injury, she's so manic and hyper all the time.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)

What is this? 50 shades of Miranda Hobbes? Seeing Miranda struggling to put a strap-on makes me miss Steve even more.

The “me repurposed my pain” look is nostalgic but it isn’t wow enough. Sorry Carrie but LTW has the best “veiled beauty” look. It’s iconic! 💕   

2C757A75-FCE5-4903-92FF-83E336FB6CE7.jpeg

81B89AB6-F122-4029-89D4-12F22844C3EA.jpeg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Shermie said:

I think we were watching different shows. I enjoyed the original show but could never identify with people who bought $800 shoes. Or who had time for daily leisurely lunches with friends while establishing careers. Or who could afford to live in NY and still wear different (and expensive) clothes every day.

Interesting.  I'm from NYC originally, where I lived until my mid 30s and although I never bought $800 shoes in my youth I sure envied them.   I definitely identified with being single and spending my splurge money on fashion and yes, I had a closet full of fashionable shoes and clothes like Carrie, although most of them were from designer discount stores.  I didn't live in an expensive neighborhood like Carrie, but I was able to afford my own apartment, which was as humble looking as Carrie's original place.  And many of my experiences with men were similar to those of the original cast.  Their general outlook and commentary on things spoke straight to the core of my own life at the time.   Absolutely nothing about the super-rich women in this new series relates to my personal experience and in fact much of their scenes seem like they from the realm of fantasy and not anyone's reality.  Nothing to even envy or aspire to there.  Despite some of the unrealistic excesses in the original series most of the women's experiences were straight out of my own life.  Absolutely nothing about most of the women in the new series bears any resemblance to my own life.

BTW,  I had a group of female friends in grad. school (which I attended in my late 20s/early 30s) in Manhattan that used to meet for lunch every week after our Saturday class at a local coffee shop near Lincoln Center.   No topic was off the table and we often spent well over an hour just talking about  men, relationships, you name it.  Those were the days!

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I don't mind Che! In fact if they keep Che and write about their adventures but turf the awful Miranda/Cynthia Nixon character I'd be all for it. She's a brainless shrew who grates on my nerves in every scene she's in! 

I didn't find the first ep too bad. I'm not watching it with the attention I gave the original series (I watch this while jogging on the treadmill) but it's serviceable so far and I enjoy the clothes! And Richard Burton 😍

• Like 4
(edited)

I just came off watching "The Gilded Age", so seeing Cynthia N go from Miss Ada to....um....this evolution of character....is a bit disconcerting, to say the least. 

I think I prefer her as the sweet, spunky, spinster sister of the ball-breaking Christine Baranski.  She definitely sells THAT role just beautifully.  I don't know what she's doing with this characterization.  Bi-polar at a bare minimum.  And a little scary. 

7 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

What is this? 50 shades of Miranda Hobbes? Seeing Miranda struggling to put a strap-on makes me miss Steve even more.

The “me repurposed my pain” look is nostalgic but it isn’t wow enough. Sorry Carrie but LTW has the best “veiled beauty” look. It’s iconic! 💕   

2C757A75-FCE5-4903-92FF-83E336FB6CE7.jpeg

81B89AB6-F122-4029-89D4-12F22844C3EA.jpeg

It's fabulous.  And a husband that's going to wrangle your train for 10 blocks?  He's definitely a keeper. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I also didn't get the part where the designer was so stressed out about the back of the dress when there's a cape anyway covering that back.

Wasn't the cape over a dress that doesn't zip what the Kardashian did with the MM dress? But then she changed for the actual gala and the dinner.

Miranda when in the sensory deprivation tank: "Fuck the new me!"

I'm with Miranda here. Fuck the new Miranda! Can we get the old one back?

-

"So to sum it up: Men are dumb, with feelings." Yeah that describes me pretty well.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

And as far as a dress like Carrie was having fitted not zipping in the back: You get a LONG length of thin white ribbon & you criss-cross lace it down the back opening, using a large-eyed sewing needle.   Yes, you are sewing the woman into the dress, but as long as she can pull the skirt UP to use the ladies room, the bodice doesn't need to be touched until it's time to get undressed. 

I sew.  A lot.  And I hate when shows display such stupidity in these kinds of situations.  Probably 50% of the wedding dresses out there now have lace-up backs, because a single dress can be made to fit several sizes or weight fluctuations.  

I hate stupid plot devices.  They should have just ripped the custom dress so Carrie had a legit excuse to wear the Westwood....

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 16
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1