Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E02: Project Redemption

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I also don't see how Kara Saun's dress was in any way inspired by a dress over pants look.

The only relationship was that it was a shiny fabric. I completely agree that she was going to do what she was going to do. I think this was yet another case where if you don't follow the brief, but make a good look (prajje I'm looking at you), you can get away with it. But man, all those drippy beads around the breast line? Way way way too much.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Prajje’s original look was completely y salvageable so going with an ombré-ish effect was close enough for me. 

I think Bishme’s would have looked better if it was a few inches longer. As it was, it cut the model square in half and made her look like a box. 

Hester is still insufferable. I guess being insufferable in a different way is slightly better. Very slightly. 

Nora went from mohawk to soccer mom, eh? I’d have booted Kara Saun instead of her but it was clear she wasn’t long for the competition anyway. 

so glad PR is back!

• Like 12

Presumably the contestants aren’t notified about this competition the day before they have to appear. So why don’t the people who haven’t sewn in years take the. time to whip up a few things for practice? Getting back on a bicycle isn’t actually all that easy if you haven’t done it in years, regardless of the cliche.  

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and after numerous seasons of Say Yes to the Dress as well as Project Runway and its spin-offs, I will say that Nora's bridal dress for which she was aufed in season one is not the worst bridal dress that I have seen on tv.

The dress wasn't hideous at all. It was more of a traditional gown and the very young model loved it. I remember Nina critiquing her that she should NOT have listened so much to her model's preferences- she lost her designer voice- blah blah blah.

It was not a sleek, modern gown like you know Nina and Heidi would want.

If part of the challenge brief was to make client/model/bride happy, Nora would have been safe all those years ago.

And even though I think Christian is very talented, he should have been auffed on the prom dress challenge his season. It's all producer shenanigans. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, BAForever said:

The dress wasn't hideous at all. It was more of a traditional gown and the very young model loved it. I remember Nina critiquing her that she should NOT have listened so much to her model's preferences- she lost her designer voice- blah blah blah.

It was not a sleek, modern gown like you know Nina and Heidi would want.

If part of the challenge brief was to make client/model/bride happy, Nora would have been safe all those years ago.

And even though I think Christian is very talented, he should have been auffed on the prom dress challenge his season. It's all producer shenanigans. 

The difference between Nora's "client" and Christian's prom queen was that Christian's teen client was from hell. There was no pleasing her. I think the judges understood that and let Christian off the hook. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 4
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The difference between Nora's "client" and Christian's prom queen was that Christian's teen client was from hell. There was no pleasing her. I think the judges understood that and let Christian off the hook. 

Yep, you are correct SalaciousKitty. She was a mess, one of my fave episodes ever. The brown dress was a monstrosity though. 

I liked Nora 19 seasons ago, glad she has a successful career and happy life. She wasn't devasted to be first off. She was an easy target for many reasons. 

• Like 14

I somehow remember that S1 Wedding Dress episode a bit. The models were the clients which wasn’t revealed until after model selection, and the designers had to take input from them to some extent. Nora’s client was 17 years old and her dream dress was very pretty princess. And her last name was Rose thus the roses. Nora’s aesthetic in general I believe was somewhat edgy and young and punky? (which is hilarious to think about now), so that type of wedding dress was completely against her style. She made fun of the client’s aesthetic even while making the dress.

Austin Scarlett was another designer that season, and he would have been much better matched with Nora’s client as he liked lush and beautiful. His client was all about contrarian and bizarro anti-wedding sentiments and he sent down a twisted avant-grade multicolor type of dress that made Heidi make a Yuck! face like she just swallowed a caterpillar as she walked the runway. Michael Kors might or might not have said “she was pooing fabric”. Austin was on the bottom as well, but his dress was at least more interesting than Nora’s. 

Nina said to Nora something like “In this challenge, you were not a designer. You were just a dressmaker. There was nothing of you in that dress.” The lesson I guess is better ugly than boring. 

Nora’s return was fun. I’m glad they brought back one of the anonymous young S1 OGs even if she was never going to last long. Especially when there’s someone here for the 4th time. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Nora’s return was fun. I’m glad they brought back one of the anonymous young S1 OGs even if she was never going to last long. Especially when there’s someone here for the 4th time. 

Who's here for the 4th  time, Fabio?

8 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I want that level from the current show.

This what I'm hoping for. These shows are all about personalities and drama - queue the sob stories - and as long as they have ridiculous two-day challenges, they aren't about beautiful fashion. The designers' abilities were sabotaged by having to re-envision their worst designs, so maybe the quality and creativity will improve.

Based on personal preference, I would have given the win to Fabio.

I recall that Anna did not seem mentally or physically stable during her former season. I wonder if she hired a coach to help her craft the odd persona she is delivering now.

Kara is still wily ("shoegate"). She hinted broadly to Nora that she wanted Nora's model, and Nora took the hint. Then Kara tried to get away with that disastrous dress (which matched her hair), assuming the judges would keep her around. Her old reject was better.

Is Silverstone advertising for work? That outfit and cleavage would fit right in to Beverly Hillbillies.

• Like 9

I have missed Greir/Greer debating whether she's too loud and too bold....

Hester has at least gotten a bit more mature and is less OTT zany/quirky/clownish, but still...off my teevee, lady. 

No more sob stories, pretty please. If Viktor can hold it together after he and his boyfriend got stabbed with a machete...a machete, people...

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

I have missed Greir/Greer debating whether she's too loud and too bold....

Hester has at least gotten a bit more mature and is less OTT zany/quirky/clownish, but still...off my teevee, lady. 

No more sob stories, pretty please. If Viktor can hold it together after he and his boyfriend got stabbed with a machete...a machete, people

I only meant to quote the last paragraph about Victor.  I appreciated that he didn't use the machete injury in the judging and that he didn't complain about the model.

• Like 9

(Trying to post this without seeing any spoilers, so if this has been asked and answered, apologies.)

I have rewound my DVR three times, and I still did not catch what Nora said to Kayne about his horsehair loss. He seemed to take offense.

39 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

If Viktor can hold it together after he and his boyfriend got stabbed with a machete...a machete, people...

Can you imagine?!?  I was like 'did I accidentally record a Dateline episode?' How horrifying for him and his boyfriend. 

Having not watched S1 (I came in S2), perhaps this is a dumb question, but why do they always address Kara Saun as...Kara Saun?  Is Saun part of her first name and not her surname?

I'm OK with Kayne's win, but really like Rami's dress best.  Gorgeous draping.  Hester is still annoying AF.  She can leave any time.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

but why do they always address Kara Saun as...Kara Saun?  Is Saun part of her first name and not her surname?

I wondered the same thing. Her mother's name is Saunders, so I wonder if she shortened the name to sound cool or something. But still, why do we have hear both names all the time?

38 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

what Nora said to Kayne about his horsehair loss. He seemed to take offense.

She seemed to be dismissive of his catastrophe. She said something about having lost her calculator (at Mood?) which sounded like she thought his missing material was just as unimportant, or her thing was just as important. Or something.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Can you imagine?!?  I was like 'did I accidentally record a Dateline episode?' How horrifying for him and his boyfriend. 

Having not watched S1 (I came in S2), perhaps this is a dumb question, but why do they always address Kara Saun as...Kara Saun?  Is Saun part of her first name and not her surname?

I'm OK with Kayne's win, but really like Rami's dress best.  Gorgeous draping.  Hester is still annoying AF.  She can leave any time.

Rami's was really the only outfit I really liked.  

When that big pouffy pink top came out I was amazed that he or anyone thought that was a good look and yet the judges loved it.  

• Like 10

The worst dress on the 1st episode of the new season of Project Runway was Alicia Silverstone! That dress was a sad and ugly mess... What was she thinking?? 

9 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I can appreciate Korto seeing Kara Saun as a role model, but not going on about "the first black woman on Project Runway."  It was season one.  Everyone there was the first --fill in the blank-- on Project Runway.  Just like Wendy Pepper was the first certifiable villain on Project Runway. 

Was it the actual Post Office challenge that you love, or just the surreal weirdness of seeing Austin Scarlett modeling Robert's outfit because his model wasn't there?

It was a great challenge. We saw innovation, teamwork, the designers deliver mail and Austin strutting the Runway.

Plus, Tim telling Wendy "Don't defend the shoe". I think I remember episodes where the wrong person was auffed. Wendy deserved to be gone that challenge.

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2023 at 8:26 PM, njbchlover said:

So glad Project Runway is back and thrilled with most of the designers.  

I thought Fabio's look was beautiful on his model (not so great for everyone, though, with all that side boob exposure).  Kayne's was dramatic and loved the look.  

Everyone else was just sort of "meh" to me, or only saw it for a few seconds, so can't make a comment.

Nora's dress was a poor fabric and color choice, but I liked that she referenced the flowers in her previous look.  I would have preferred her to Kara Saun.

Kara Saun's look was dated, poorly designed and overdone.  

I also felt like she kind of manipulated Nora into trading models with her.  I like Kera Saun to a degree, but I feel like she can play a little sneaky or dirty and it's too early in the season to even think about doing that.

Sorry to see Nora go, but I don't think she minded too much.  She seems like a very kind person.

Bishme made me sad and I didn't love his look.  I hope he can work through his grief or it's going to be a long season.

I hope this is not going to be a thing again this season.  The designers want their models to reflect their ethnic origin (or in Hester's case, their nonbinary gender, I guess).  It seems like designers would want their designs to be inclusive.  I feel that trading models did affect Nora's critique (although maybe not enough to keep her safe) because one of the judges remarked that the fabric was too close to the model's skin color.  Nora chose the fabric and designed the look based on her first model.  I don't agree with model swapping, but if it must be done, it should be right away before any decisions have been made.

• Like 16
  • Applause 4

Wow…Kara Saun looks GREAT.

Can’t take issue with her or Nora’s designs being on the bottom. Both, I thought, were extremely unflattering, and I was really shocked at Kara’s presentation here. The fabric was beautiful all on its own. Nora — hers reminded me of Leanne Marshall’s wave pattern, only done poorly. Her time away from actual design and construction really showed, and I think they did her a favor by letting her go first. She actually looked relieved.

If I could pull it off, I’d gladly wear Fabio’s outfit.

Yay, Kayne. Looks like he’s gotten away from the pageant stuff.

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I wondered the same thing. Her mother's name is Saunders, so I wonder if she shortened the name to sound cool or something. But still, why do we have hear both names all the time?

She seemed to be dismissive of his catastrophe. She said something about having lost her calculator (at Mood?) which sounded like she thought his missing material was just as unimportant, or her thing was just as important. Or something.

That’s what I thought Nora said, so I guess I’m not going deaf. That was kind of catty, since he thought the horsehair was critical to his design. Lucky for him, it wasn’t, and most likely wouldn’t have helped it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I hope this is not going to be a thing again this season.  The designers want their models to reflect their ethnic origin (or in Hester's case, their nonbinary gender, I guess).  It seems like designers would want their designs to be inclusive.  I feel that trading models did affect Nora's critique (although maybe not enough to keep her safe) because one of the judges remarked that the fabric was too close to the model's skin color.  Nora chose the fabric and designed the look based on her first model.  I don't agree with model swapping, but if it must be done, it should be right away before any decisions have been made.

Totally agree. 

Hester seemed to have turned it down a bit, but I can’t get past her annoying personality.

36 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I can appreciate Korto seeing Kara Saun as a role model, but not going on about "the first black woman on Project Runway."  It was season one.  Everyone there was the first --fill in the blank-- on Project Runway.  Just like Wendy Pepper was the first certifiable villain on Project Runway. 

Was it the actual Post Office challenge that you love, or just the surreal weirdness of seeing Austin Scarlett modeling Robert's outfit because his model wasn't there?

I am sad that apparently no one thought to pay even a brief homage to the late, great Swatch.

I was wondering if Swatch had crossed the Rainbow Bridge. 😢

• Like 2
(edited)
On 6/16/2023 at 1:46 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

A few times I thought Hester is morphing into Christian. (looks-wise, certainly not talent) Glad this show is back on. 

Me too! 

Why did they get their Mood purchases in garbage bags? What happened to the cute Mood totes?

Edited by jackjill
  • Like 1
On 6/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, dleighg said:

speaking of Elaine, the first commercial on the Bravo app replay was for Audi. I thought to myself "that woman looks like that judge from Project Runway." Then I remembered I was WATCHING Project Runway. I looked it up and it indeed is her.

Thanks for doing the research! My sister saw her and thought it was Elaine. I was looking away at the time and didn't want to go back. For some reason (because it's an all star season?) our dvr didn't pick up the show, so we had to watch the first two eps On Demand with all the commercials un-fast-forwardable. Ugh. It even tacked on that Cohen excrescence on the first episode (they must do this when a PR person is on the show. They did the same thing to a TC ep when Tom Colicchio was on WWHL).

I knew K.S. was not going to leave -- even though I liked it less than Nora's. I liked Fabio's more than I expected, but I agree with most people that Bishme got a pity vote. I'd have liked to have seen Rami's in the top (I love his conversion to color!), but maybe it wasn't Fresh or Young enough. 

Nina's starting to show her age. The plunging neckline was not flattering.

Double ughs to Hester and Anna. Especially Hester. Did everyone see the bare buttocks in her garment?

• Like 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Nina said to Nora something like “In this challenge, you were not a designer. You were just a dressmaker. There was nothing of you in that dress.” The lesson I guess is better ugly than boring. 

First Commandment of Project Runway: Do Not Bore Nina.

I heard Nora something like you should watch for your purchases more carefully (and, duh, Kayne just swished away from the counter and left one of his bags sitting there). I think the champagne made Nora say what she (and I) was thinking, instead of keeping it in her thoughts, as I would hope I would.

Edited by carrps
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

even if she was never going to last long. Especially when there’s someone here for the 4th time. 

And she hadn't sewn in years and years. (Worse than going on TAR without learning to drive a stick shift.)

Maybe Swatch swiped Kayne's horsehair? Spirits gonna save you, Kayne.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I remember that wedding dress that Nora made, and I, too, thought it was really pretty at the time. It was also expected, traditional, and basic. The technique with the flower petals inside of the mesh started appearing everywhere in flower girl dresses a few years later and it made me think of that dress, because it was really cute on little flower girls. There is absolutely a market for people who want a traditional princess cupcake wedding dress. 

I remember really liking Laurence on her season, and seeing her back this season is great. She's just very cool without even trying to be. I'm fairly certain she is way too cool to ever want to hang out with me, but I would love to learn just a little bit of her attitude to emulate it. 

It struck me watching this why I love Christian now and couldn't stand him in his season. Other than all the great press he gets for designing for plus sized women when no one else will, I think the confidence he has now is earned. When he was a 21 year old arrogant little shit who didn't listen to critique, it was annoying. But he has a supreme mount of confidence in himself and his ideas and he has proven that he has earned that.  I really loved him ordering Nora out of the silk aisle because he knew she was out of practice and would not be able to work with that fabric (not that what she ended up with was any better).

Overall, I'm glad this show is back in my life. 

• Like 13
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, sara416 said:

I remember that wedding dress that Nora made, and I, too, thought it was really pretty at the time. It was also expected, traditional, and basic. The technique with the flower petals inside of the mesh started appearing everywhere in flower girl dresses a few years later and it made me think of that dress, because it was really cute on little flower girls. There is absolutely a market for people who want a traditional princess cupcake wedding dress. 

I remember really liking Laurence on her season, and seeing her back this season is great. She's just very cool without even trying to be. I'm fairly certain she is way too cool to ever want to hang out with me, but I would love to learn just a little bit of her attitude to emulate it. 

It struck me watching this why I love Christian now and couldn't stand him in his season. Other than all the great press he gets for designing for plus sized women when no one else will, I think the confidence he has now is earned. When he was a 21 year old arrogant little shit who didn't listen to critique, it was annoying. But he has a supreme mount of confidence in himself and his ideas and he has proven that he has earned that.  I really loved him ordering Nora out of the silk aisle because he knew she was out of practice and would not be able to work with that fabric (not that what she ended up with was any better).

Overall, I'm glad this show is back in my life. 

I think the main complaint they had about the wedding dress was that the model’s vision overrode Nora’s judgment and aesthetic as a designer. Given that the model was 16 at the time, probably with much simpler tastes and being very easy to please, Nora needed to bring some of her own skills into it. I have grown to really like Christian as well. He came across as a true spoiled brat as a contestant, but maturity, I guess. I can’t say I find his workroom critiques especially helpful, though. 

Somebody mentioned nobody from Season 2 is competing. I would have liked to have seen Daniel Vosovic.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

have grown to really like Christian as well. He came across as a true spoiled brat as a contestant, but maturity, I guess. I can’t say I find his workroom critiques especially helpful, though

I agree on that. A lot of the time I think it's too vague to be helpful -- "I don't see you in this." But it seems that the contestants know what he means, or maybe they're just faking it.

• Like 1

I think the reason Christian was so successful at such a young age is in large part to his supreme self-confidence. It's not the only thing you need, but it's a BIG help.

• Like 7

I suspect Christian feels he needs to be very cautious with his workroom critiques and coaching.  As a successful designer himself, with a string point of view, he has to be careful not to offer suggestions that turn the garments into Siriano-esque pieces.  That's not going to help the designers show themselves in their designs.  He is really good, however, at helping them with time and skills management.  Like turning Nora away from the silks she'd have a hard time working with, or reminding the designers of just how much they have left to do with only a little time yet, and to think about what to edit.

Tim, who was not a designer, was good at giving design advice, but the last seasons he kind of just swanned around telling them to "make it work."  I love Tim Gunn, but you could see he was bored with it all towards the end there.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, sara416 said:

It struck me watching this why I love Christian now and couldn't stand him in his season. Other than all the great press he gets for designing for plus sized women when no one else will, I think the confidence he has now is earned. When he was a 21 year old arrogant little shit who didn't listen to critique, it was annoying. But he has a supreme mount of confidence in himself and his ideas and he has proven that he has earned that. 

Funny thing is, I loved him even back then.  I remember him stating that he was “kind of a big deal” at 21, which sounds arrogant AF, but since he had already interned at both Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen, he wasn’t actually wrong.  I did dislike that almost everything he designed in his season was black, brown, or cream, but I don’t recall them ever calling him out on it, so…

His looks for Tressemé (with the late Chris March), his Reese’s candy wrapper dress, his art inspiration look, and that gorgeous ombré gown in his finale collection were all excellent. He has done some gorgeous red carpet looks and I usually find more to like than dislike in his collections.  If, however, he designed Alicia Silverstone’s boobaliscious Dogpatch dress, yuck!

But back to the current episode, upon further examination of the looks, I think Kayne had a well-deserved win.  I loved that she came out with the bottom of the dress as a shrug, then dropped it into the train it was.  Clever and dramatic.  I still don’t understand Bishme’s being in the top.  The hot pink and black chopped her in half and made her look stocky.

• Like 8

I absolutely loved Kayne's design this time and am so glad it won.  I was worried for him with his missing fabric, but I think the result was better than his original idea.  I loved the juxtaposition of the top- so sleek and modern - and the flowing huge ruffles of the bottom.  I thought it was clever to use the skirt as a wrap during the entrance.

I also loved seeing the designs by Rami and Laurence.  I'm looking forward to this season!!

• Like 8
(edited)

Nora's original dress was worlds better than what she sent down the runway tonight; and actually I would say that Brittany's design is a great example of how Nora could have updated her look.  It's sad to see her go, but not unexpected and she has a great career to go back to, which is likely why she didn't bother to take sewing classes to brush up her skills.  I'm so glad Kara is still around!  Viktor's look wasn't that bad; but I agree that while the gold halter made the skirt make more sense, and was okay on it's own, the skirt still wasn't justified.  Of the safe looks, I did think Ana's was quite stunning. But I agree that Kayne's was the best of the night. 

Edited by Glade
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, T Summer said:

Who is Greer? 🧐

At least on my OnDemand viewing, I have been seeing the same Pilot pen commercial for several years now. Always Project Runway, no other show. Features a woman sitting in her office debating whether she's "too loud" or "too bold" and then erases (with the magic social justice pens) the "too" and writes "be." Then her assistant stops by and says, "Greer? They're ready for you." So Greer is all smiles as she leaves to take on the world fearlessly thanks to pilot pens. 

That commercial was relentless - couldn't get an ad break without it. As we were sitting down to watch, I said, "I wonder if Greer is still feeling too bold?" And lo and behold...there the commercial was! 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 15
2 hours ago, potatoradio said:

At least on my OnDemand viewing, I have been seeing the same Pilot pen commercial for several years now. Always Project Runway, no other show. Features a woman sitting in her office debating whether she's "too loud" or "too bold" and then erases (with the magic social justice pens) the "too" and writes "be." Then her assistant stops by and says, "Greer? They're ready for you." So Greer is all smiles as she leaves to take on the world fearlessly thanks to pilot pens. 

That commercial was relentless - couldn't get an ad break without it. As we were sitting down to watch, I said, "I wonder if Greer is still feeling too bold?" And lo and behold...there the commercial was! 

Can't remember what I wore to work Friday, but I remember Greer and her empowering pen. 

• LOL 5
On 6/17/2023 at 10:57 AM, meowmommy said:

Austin taking a drama filled walk down the runway because he was skinny enough to fit into the design sewed for a model was indeed epic!

But I loved the Post Office challenge because it was taking the designers out of their high fashion exotic drama schtick and making them do something practical with practical limitations and a limited set of materials and colors to work with, with an application to something that is familiar and relatable to the viewers.  I mean, I mentally put my postman in every garment that went down the runway and either rolled my eyes, or turned my head to the side and said, "Huh..."

I liked that it made the designers be creative and true to their esthetic but working from an even playing field.  Challenges like that are my favorites, mixing design with practicality and relatability.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
On 6/15/2023 at 11:26 PM, njbchlover said:

I also felt like she kind of manipulated Nora into trading models with her.  I like Kera Saun to a degree, but I feel like she can play a little sneaky or dirty and it's too early in the season to even think about doing that.

Seemed manipulative to me too.  Kind of crappy that she maneuvered the switch after the design and fabric choices were made. Nora's dress had issues, but I can't help but think that fabric against a black model's skin tone would have made the overall look much better.  We'll never know...

• Like 10
On 6/16/2023 at 5:38 AM, DEL901 said:

I agree. That front really bothered me.   And it would make the wearer look huge.  I thought it might even land in the bottom.   I was terrified it would win.  Sadly agree with the bottom look. It wouldn’t cut it on a regular season, let alone All Stars.  And Hester can leave any time, and take Anna with her.  

Oh my god, that outfit of Bishme's was so unflattering, badly sewn also.  I really don't get the praise.

• Like 8
On 6/17/2023 at 6:13 PM, carrps said:

I think the reason Christian was so successful at such a young age is in large part to his supreme self-confidence. It's not the only thing you need, but it's a BIG help.

What I remember most about his season was the at home visit to his closet sized apartment where he somehow created all those voluminous outfits. He was a real hard worker too with a lot of drive.  I was really happy to see him go on to greater things and I like him in his current role on Project Runway.  

On 6/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Tim, who was not a designer, was good at giving design advice, but the last seasons he kind of just swanned around telling them to "make it work."  I love Tim Gunn, but you could see he was bored with it all towards the end there.

By the end for me he wasn't the same Tim Gunn that he was in the beginning.  Under the Gunn did that in for me and I was never able to see him as benevolent and unbiased after that.  

• Like 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, potatoradio said:

Thanks, I thought I was overlooking someone on the show. I haven't ever noticed that commercial.

Edited by T Summer
stated same thing twice
  • Like 2
59 minutes ago, ichbin said:

What I remember most about his season was the at home visit to his closet sized apartment where he somehow created all those voluminous outfits. He was a real hard worker too with a lot of drive.  I was really happy to see him go on to greater things and I like him in his current role on Project Runway.  

By the end for me he wasn't the same Tim Gunn that he was in the beginning.  Under the Gunn did that in for me and I was never able to see him as benevolent and unbiased after that.  

Some posts need an emoji to represent 1000 ❤️s and 👍s (for both parts of the post in this case).

I thought Kayne totally deserved that win - it was gorgeous, well made and fit the assignment, something many did not even attempt to do  - I'm talking about you Prajje and Kara - wtf did either of those garments have to do with their original looks? Zero!

And why would Nora come on a show that is 50% a sewing competition and admit she hasn't sewn in 9 years? What? Why would you do that to yourself???? Her dress barely met the assignment and it was stylistically dated and horrifically sewn?

What I wouldn't give for an old school Michael Kors bon mot about Viktor's look - holy hell that was....something......

I find her annoying, but I actually liked Anna's redo, and I thought Britney and Mila did a great job too. I can't decide if I liked Fabio's - it looked good on the model, but if he had any of the bustier models, her boobs would have been falling out the side.

I  love sweet Bishme, but I would have put that in the bottom. It did meet the challenge, but it was gaudy and unflattering on his model. No idea what they were on about. I would have had Laurence's look in the top - her pants and jacket were 1000 times more classy, cool and elegant than Bishme's....

Also really liked Korto and Rami's. Who else thought that interaction between Rami and Christian was awkward? I'm sure it's not the last!

The sooner Hester leaves, the better. Seriously, in twenty seasons, THIS is who Nina wanted to see again? GAH! And she can take Elaine with her. Cannot stand her, and now she's in the car commercials I have to suffer through? Blech.

I would have trouble accepting criticism from ye old serving wench, oh my mistake, Alicia Silverstone. Who did she piss off that put her boobs in that top?  Those cups were working overtime to hoist those saggy bags!

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

And why would Nora come on a show that is 50% a sewing competition and admit she hasn't sewn in 9 years? What? Why would you do that to yourself???? Her dress barely met the assignment and it was stylistically dated and horrifically sewn?

Being unable to sew didn't seem to do Anya (season 9 winner) any harm.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8