Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E01: Meet the All-Stars

• Start Topic

Fourteen designers from across 19 seasons of \"Project Runway\" descend on New York once again to vie for the coveted title that has eluded them all. The iconic designers meet one another and catch up on their successes after leaving the Runway. Airs Wednesday June 14 10:00 pm.

Too many commercials. 

I like the cast. Nice to see some originals there. Anna from Season 19 was acting really odd. Kept asking everyone if they liked her breasts, and swanning around like hot stuff lol weird. 

• Like 19
1 hour ago, rhofmovalley said:

Kara Saun looks amazing. I'm a year older than her and I look like her grandma.

Lol!  I logged on to say that Botox isn't doing her any favours.  I'm sure your "grandma face" is a lot more natural looking and lovely than her plastic version.  (Don't get me wrong, I loved Kara Saun in Season 1, for her personality and her designs, and I was gunning for her to win.  I hope she hasn't messed with anything more than her face.)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Why isn't this in the Project Runway All-Stars forum? 

Anyway, mostly I like the returnees but if I never saw old Hester Sunshine again it would be too soon. 

Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by most of the returnees, and in the little we saw of them, Hester Sunshine seemed pleasantly tolerable, and Dora seems to have matured, thankfully.  But was Korto always so strident and in your face?  I don't remember her as such.

• Like 6

I have watched every season, and there were a few designers that I didn’t recognize at all. 

I don’t see Anna making it very far.  She seems very manic.  Cute baby though!

Loved the first challenge.  It’s a retread of the “do-over” challenge, but using the design that sent them home or their worst design is a chance to see how they have changed/grown. Looking forward to seeing the second chance runway.

• Like 9

Very happy to see some of these designers again. As for others... 

I hope Anna and Brittany are gone very, very soon. Mila seemed extra salty.

Nice to see Nora again. It's absolutely insane that she was on season 1 and she's so young. Thrilled to see Laurence again!

• Like 8
7 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

You might be thinking of Heidi and Tim’s show Making the Cut which is on Amazon Prime.

First..thank you.

Hmmm. I used to watch Project Runway forever.  Then they announced it was moving and I haven't seen them for several seasons.  All of a sudden here it is again!

It's always been one of my favorites.

Was making the cut called something else before it went to Prime?

• Like 2
(edited)

I only recognize Nora, Kayne, Kara Saun and Rami. Guess I stopped after S4. Those are the 4 I'm rooting for. Kara Saun was amazing 19 years ago, wonder how she'll do. 

Loved the 1st challenge. Hester Sunshine can leave first.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 6

I am excited to see what they do with the first challenge.    Hester saying she stood by her horrible nipple cover dress made me laugh. She could go out first and I would not miss her.   Was Mila mean in her season?  I can't remember but she seemed to have a chip on her shoulder last night.   Anna and all her breast and vanity talk could go, too.

So many designers I enjoyed.    Looking forward to this show.   

• Like 14
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

I only recognize Nora, Kayne, Kara Saun and Rami. Guess I stopped after S4. Those are the 4 I'm rooting for. Kara Saun was amazing 19 years ago, wonder how she'll do. 

Loved the 1st challenge. Hester Sunshine can leave first.

Overall, the designers I remember from this show for their designs are mostly from the first several seasons, and the ones I remember from later, like Hester Sunshine, I remember for the wrong reasons. 

Really, really could do without Hester.

Really, Nina? Really? Of all the designers that have been on the show, these are the ones you most wanted to see again? More like, these are the ones you could get to come back. A couple of them I don't know why, they seem to be enjoying pretty successful careers.

• Like 21
  • Applause 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Overall, the designers I remember from this show for their designs are mostly from the first several seasons, and the ones I remember from later, like Hester Sunshine, I remember for the wrong reasons. 

This times 1000. Jay, Santino, Nick, Daniel Vosivic (sp), Austin, Chloe and Andre are so easy to remember because of their designs (and personities). 

I liked Kara Saun till Shoegate, and remember Nora getting eliminated, but who at 21 can design a wedding dress for a 16 year old model?

The show was a lot of fun  back when. I'll watch until my faves are gone. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 13

Anna was always a bit of an odd duck... but she seems odder now.

Hester can go any time. I'm glad she's toned down her schtick, but she still seems very performative. 

There are so many designers I would have loved to see again, but this crop is OK, and it's PR, so I'll watch. 

• Like 17

The show started last night, Wednesday? Luckily it seems they are re running it tonight, Thursday, plus the next episode. Good, I’ve missed this show. I don’t like the new Heidi and Tim show.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

The show started last night, Wednesday? Luckily it seems they are re running it tonight, Thursday, plus the next episode. Good, I’ve missed this show. I don’t like the new Heidi and Tim show.

Last night was mostly meeting designers. They were given challenge (a great first challenge IMO) at the very end. Tonight should be good.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, BAForever said:

This times 1000. Jay, Santino, Nick, Daniel Vosivic (sp), Austin, Chloe and Andre are so easy to remember because of their designs (and personities). 

I liked Kara Saun till Shoegate, and remember Nora getting eliminated, but who at 21 can design a wedding dress for a 16 year old model?

I too remember the contestants from the earlier seasons but can't remember some of the more recent ones. The first four seasons were (for me) the most memorable. 

I remember Nora, although I was confused by her blonde hair and thought she was Alexandria. I also recall the wedding dress challenge and how Nora designed what her very young model wanted. The model was thrilled but the judges were not.

I'm happy to have the show back. I have watched both Making the Cut and Next in Fashion, but neither stacks up to PR.

• Like 16

I set the DVR to record the series, so I (won't) miss those long commercial breaks.

I was happy to see many of the designers back and not that excited about a few (consensus). Looking forward (I think) to Christian-Rami time. Must be weird for Rami. He seems to be doing well (Rihanna is a client), but Bravo does drama under the guise of reality shows, so I'm a little nervous. I like them both.

• Like 8

I think several of the designers have some attitude that wasn't necessarily there before.  I felt for the contestant from season 1 who walked in and was completely ignored at first, only to have Korto say that she thought she worked there-so workers don't warrant a greeting?  I was also surprised how many contestants have appeared multiple times on various seasons.  One of them asked "why do I put myself through this" and I was all "for fame, money, etc."  I was a bit surprised that he didn't know that...

Hester can go immediately.  As someone above noted, she is very performative.  She has just changed the performance that she is going to give us this season.

I kind of like Anna and was sorry that she had to leave as a result of that accident; however, now I think it was good she left when she did as I still liked her.  She seems very self-centered (well, and they may all be to a degree, but some of her comments just seemed 'off').

• Like 16
15 hours ago, Leeds said:

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by most of the returnees, and in the little we saw of them, Hester Sunshine seemed pleasantly tolerable, and Dora seems to have matured, thankfully.  But was Korto always so strident and in your face?  I don't remember her as such.

She always struck me as being super-serious and focused. I’ve got that season on DVD, but haven’t watched it in awhile.

I wonder if Laura Bennett is still designing? I wouldn’t have minded seeing her rather than Kayne, as much as I like him.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think several of the designers have some attitude that wasn't necessarily there before.  I felt for the contestant from season 1 who walked in and was completely ignored at first, only to have Korto say that she thought she worked there-so workers don't warrant a greeting?  [...]

Exactly what I came here to say, too.  I don't care if Carol Burnett's char lady shuffles in dragging her bucket, don't be too superior to acknowledge another human being entering the room.  S/he may turn out to be someone who was breaking professional ground way before the world ever heard of YOU

(Also, in fairy tales, she's the Queen in disguise.)

####

Andy Cohen!  I'm sure you're the one responsible for attaching your little WWHL caboose onto my Project Runway recording and making me excited about a 90-minute episode. 

Boooo.  

Edited by candall
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6

I don’t remember most of these designers. I noticed several of them went into costume designing after their PR seasons were over. I feel like they brought certain designers back, looking at Hester, for drama. 
I’m looking forward to this season, it’s been over a year of waiting. 

• Like 4

I'm watching this now. Knowing that Rami will walk in shortly, I start missing Chris March. I see Kara Saun and I think of Wendy Pepper. I don't think anyone from season 2 is on but it would have been nice to see Michael Knight (?) again.

• Like 8
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm watching this now. Knowing that Rami will walk in shortly, I start missing Chris March. I see Kara Saun and I think of Wendy Pepper. I don't think anyone from season 2 is on but it would have been nice to see Michael Knight (?) again.

Sadly, Mychael is no longer with us.

• Sad 22
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

You know Michael Knight passed away?

• Sad 8
18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You know Michael Knight passed away?

Yes, all three I mentioned passed away. I was just thinking it would have been nice to see them again.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I kind of like Anna… She seems very self-centered (well, and they may all be to a degree, but some of her comments just seemed 'off').

I think she’s doing the straight girl desperately trying to fit in and be sassy around the gay guys thing. The stress of the challenges should distract her from that path.

Kara looks great and clearly has fans among the group. I admire her for withstanding Wendy Pepper. 

I forgot Mychael died and thought it would be nice to see him and Laura together again. They upped each other’s fashion game.

I completely forgot who some of these people were. I’m glad they flashed back to their original seasons. I wouldn’t have remembered that other contestant from season one without her Sonic the hedgehog do. She looks way too conventional compared to everyone else and that might have something to do with why she was overlooked.

2 hours ago, candall said:

so workers don't warrant a greeting?  [...]

Cast members are usually discouraged from talking to production while they’re on camera.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 7
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, BAForever said:

I just saw on his IG that Nick is a consulting producer for the show. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I had not watched some of the more recent seasons, so I didn’t know a few of the designers.  But I regained interest and did watch season 19. So I remembered Anna. I was surprised at how many people came back for other All Star seasons. I liked these flashbacks.  I saw that Seth Aaron had won again. 

• Like 2

Positives:

No Elaine on this episode.

With no previous winners we will get a new winner.

Negatives:

Hester returning.

Talking about one's own boobs ad nauseum.

Talking about your colleague's boobs ad nauseum. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
On 6/15/2023 at 2:03 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Why isn't this in the Project Runway All-Stars forum? 

I went to the All Star board first thinking this should be there, but this is season 20 of the flagship show, so they’re not considering this an Project Runway All-Star season but rather a Project Runway season, if that makes sense lol. I think it’s because of the judges, Christian serving as mentor, etc.. 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:04 AM, Fellaway said:

Really, Nina? Really? Of all the designers that have been on the show, these are the ones you most wanted to see again? More like, these are the ones you could get to come back. A couple of them I don't know why, they seem to be enjoying pretty successful careers.

Yeah, that’s how it is for any reality show that has an “all star” season. It’s just whoever they can get back. 

I also appreciated the flashback to the contestants precious season because it helped me recognize them.  I don’t remember most of these designers personalities or even what they put down the runway, so it’s almost like a new group to me with vaguely familiar faces. 

I’m over Hester already and Brittany doesn’t HAVE to have a comment for literally everything. 

• Like 9
On 6/15/2023 at 10:04 AM, Fellaway said:

Really, really could do without Hester.

On 6/15/2023 at 5:30 PM, seacliffsal said:

Hester can go immediately.  As someone above noted, she is very performative.  She has just changed the performance that she is going to give us this season.

Hester is the most annoying contestant every. dead on that she is performative.

She went from Heater Sunshine with all kinds of colors to Hester the Goth.

No one liked her and they kept her way too long and they brought her back?

• Like 8

I just found out PR is back. (HOW did I miss it???) I'm catching up on Peacock.

Halfway through episode 1: Hester and Anna can leave NOW! Love seeing people from the early seasons. 

So great to have it back.

• Like 2

I missed this episode and am catching up on episodes 2 and 3 tonight.  Is Hester Sunshine the one who reminded me of Loonette from The Big Comfy Couch?  (Children’s show in 1990’s!)  Sorry; can’t get a photo to show.  I do remember not caring for her.  Wore lots of hats and colorful clothing?  Too “character-ish.”

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I missed this episode and am catching up on episodes 2 and 3 tonight.  Is Hester Sunshine the one who reminded me of Loonette from The Big Comfy Couch?  (Children’s show in 1990’s!)  Sorry; can’t get a photo to show.  I do remember not caring for her.  Wore lots of hats and colorful clothing?  Too “character-ish.”

Yes, that's Hester. 

• Thanks 2

I liked Korto in her seasons and I also liked Prajje. I liked Anna but not so much this time so far. I always thought the other guy (Fabio - I know that is wrong but I had surgery today so major brain fog) was a sweet gentle soul although i wasn't a huge fan of his designs. Hester can go.  She is a huge attention seeker and I never understood what they saw in her designs. 

• Like 2