Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: The Reunion, Part III

• Start Topic

(edited)

What exactly did Sandoval say? I initially thought he meant she wore a t-shirt because she was cold. He didn't seem to correct them or was too beaten down at this point, so I guess he meant she isn't sexy when nude. 🤔

Ariana was pointing out that she and Tom did have sex since the S&R affair began, and Sandoval sarcastically snapped "She kept her T-shirt on, it was really hot" as if her wearing a T-shirt negates the fact that they're fucking. 

I know some people who would say "Yeah I had sex last night but I had to beg for it" and they get sympathy because let's face it no partner really wants to be unwanted, and I feel like maybe (?) that's what Tom was trying to get at (?) but focusing on a T-shirt was a weird choice.  To be clear the being unwanted doesn't justify cheating either- if your partner doesn't want you, make yourself someone they'll want or find a new partner who does. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Ariana was pointing out that she and Tom did have sex since the S&R affair began, and Sandoval sarcastically snapped "She kept her T-shirt on, it was really hot" as if her wearing a T-shirt negates the fact that they're fucking. 

I know some people who would say "Yeah I had sex last night but I had to beg for it" and they get sympathy because let's face it no partner really wants to be unwanted, and I feel like maybe (?) that's what Tom was trying to get at (?) but focusing on a T-shirt was a weird choice.  To be clear the being unwanted doesn't justify cheating either- if your partner doesn't want you, make yourself someone they'll want or find a new partner who does. 

Tom has had a lot of convoluted explanations/excuses/lies. My guess is that this was his way of saying Ariana’s torso dipped out of the sex, so it should hardly count? {shrug} 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Wow, that was a quick turnaround for that tshirt!

I was excited, but hate that design.

24 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

What exactly did Sandoval say? I initially thought he meant she wore a t-shirt because she was cold. He didn't seem to correct them or was too beaten down at this point, so I guess he meant she isn't sexy when nude. 🤔

I thought it was simply "she was wearing a t-shit while we had sex, so she wasn't sexy"?  Someone else can correct me.

EDIT: Saw Drogo's post.  Dude's shit in bed, case closed.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Tom has had a lot of convoluted explanations/excuses/lies. My guess is that this was his way of saying Ariana’s torso dipped out of the sex, so it should hardly count? {shrug} 

Torso dipped out, so he dipped out? 

12c83bf3-4c89-42f5-9268-8fb7fdfb63f3_tex

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)

Good Day All:

Am I the only one still feeling like this?

giphy.gif

Second this:

giphy.gif

To Schwartz and his helpless, sad sack shtick while taking unnecessary jabs at Katie

To Sandoval for his utter delusions about pulling off his narrative.

To Raquel for going straight to her fall back Professional Victim mode. She was not the victim, she was/is a complicit perpetrator.

To LVP for standing up for the Toms not because she thinks they are in the right or because she loves them, but because she is protecting the VPR franchise. The show was on and Villa Blanca and Pump didn't survive. Once VPR ends - all of her other restaurant bars will go under. She wants everyone to find a little bit of compassion? My compassionate foot is going right up her ass

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I am posting a video with Andy Cohen, Alex Baskin (Executive Producer of Vanderpump Rules), Erica Forsett (SVP of Current Productions at NBC Universal), and Scheana Shay. It's a 20 minute video where they discuss The Reunion.

If you don't see it below, you can pull it up on YouTube

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Don't care what psychiatric "labels" are put on these folks - they're ALL horrible. Not a redeemable one in the bunch.  Not seeing a path forward for some of them to film together - none true friends - each pushing their own agenda for money & celebrity.  To me, none deserving of either.  Frankly, after this season, there's nothing more I want to see of them.  In any formulation.

For one thing, they're all adults, using the term loosely given their attitudes, actions & capabilities - but adult age anyway.  Some almost middle-age but learning nothing by way of experience or education.

Tom wanted to leave - he blamed Ariana for what was missing.  He didn't want to work at the relationship but too weak, scared or financially tied to leave. So he did what many others do.  Cheat.  With someone in their circle.  Doesn't excuse it because others do it. He's still an amoral jerk. But not unique. 

Ariana wanted to stay - she blamed Tom for what was missing.  She ignores her part in any void. Complacent - but wanted to keep on going - on her terms.  Until blindsided.  Maybe. (The signals were there - maybe she ignored them.) She got cuckolded - also not unique. Despite the big pity party, don't need her to sell me products. Please stop.

Raquel got caught up - but she's no innocent.  Perhaps worse, she KNEW what she was doing was horrible but continued on.  Also, not unique.  To directly inquire of Ariana about whether Ariana wanted to stay in the relationship - get a "yes," but then continue to deceive her - BEYOND ballsy. If she feels ashamed - she should feel ashamed.  But Ariana's verbal abuse was over-the-top & her rage & bitterness & hatred - a woman scorned, indeed.  What else could Raquel or Tom say except a lame-ass sorry - we tried to fool Ariana & all of you - didn't work. Nothing said would have been satisfying to Ariana at that time.

And if there was more that they didn't say - it's because damn LaLa & James, & to some extent Ariana, and even LVP, didn't let them get a sentence out.  Andy's lack of control - quite obvious.  Though what would be accomplished? When she did say more (the bombshell that wasn't) Raquel STILL lied - about St. Louis, for example. 

As for the others, Katie sat there with self-satisfied smirk.  Sheana too - though 100 yards due to HER lack of control.  LaLa & James made it about themselves or diverted the discussion into nonsense -La La vs. Raquel as a "nickname" (who cares?) or Poopy-head childish crap.  Schwartz mulling over his Casanova looks declares he won't likely re-marry. (He'll be lucky to even date again as wussy & without game as he's been!) Ally's just happy to be anywhere.

Not that it's over - it's OVER for me.  Nothing more for me to know about these twits.  They're not learning from their mistakes - it's not in them.  They're mean, nasty, judgmental & unforgiving people (except each about themselves) who lack introspection.  Greed & self-absorption getting the best of them.  I'm out.

• Like 16
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, realityplease said:

Ariana wanted to stay - she blamed Tom for what was missing.  She ignores her part in any void. Complacent - but wanted to keep on going - on her terms.

As per.... Tom Sandoval?

To be more fair, I do not think Ariana was some kind of shining light of a perfect person.  I just think this assessment of her thoughts and emotions sounds... familiar.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 9
2 minutes ago, realityplease said:

Not a redeemable one in the bunch.  Not seeing a path forward for some of them to film together - none true friends - each pushing their own agenda for money & celebrity.  To me, none deserving of either.  Frankly, after this season, there's nothing more I want to see of them.  In any formulation.

The idea for the show is a good one: watch a group of attractive young people working at Lisa Vanderpump's restaurant get into interesting hijinks, love affairs, scandals.  The problem is we're still following the original shmucks who are getting less young/attractive/interesting with every episode.

I feel similarly about most Bravo shows, most recently Summer House. New batch every year would do the trick.  The Real World original recipe. 

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The idea for the show is a good one: watch a group of attractive young people working at Lisa Vanderpump's restaurant get into interesting hijinks, love affairs, scandals.  The problem is we're still following the original shmucks who are getting less young/attractive/interesting with every episode.

I find this just astounding.  You're in LOS ANGELES, and I'm sorry, these people are not some kind of snowflake butterfly diamonds.  They are EVERYWHERE.  Laziness, suits, idiots?  The inability to revolve/turnover this cast makes no sense to me at all.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

As per.... Tom Sandoval?

No. As per - Ariana.  Her words.  Not saying she was wrong to want what she wanted as a prerequisite for sex - doing more things together.  But what she said she "needed" is obviously different from what Tom wanted or "needed."  (She wanted walks & dinners, he wanted action activities.) For that & other reasons, Tom didn't want to continue the relationship with Ariana (though scumbag wanted to hide his other involvement) - but Ariana did want to continue - until she learned of Raquel. (She was ok with Miami girl & the one other. And not blaming Ariana for that decision at all. Her relationship - her bridge too far.)

But the fact is - they were basically incompatible on various grounds for some time & neither wanted to budge about what they wanted or make further effort to get on the same page. You can want certain things - but if you're not getting your needs met - either game over & leave - or adapt to what you're not getting. 

Once she learned of the cheating it was relationship over. But that relationship was over before that.  Neither one was dealing with their situation very well - but neither was completely happy for a long time.  And neither facing up to that.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
13 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Exactly, I agree 100%. Also, maybe they are thinking,  if we're  called these disgusting  names,  might as well act on them. They seemed fine together  in that mini break,  I don't  know how long they will last. Lisa knows the Toms better  than Raquel,  I'm just glad she told James to zip it. Between  James and Lala, the faces and the name calling, I felt like I was watching  two silly bullies. Ariana  was the only one,  with the right to call out so many names, but even she did herself  no favors imho. It all got a bit pathetic, just my thoughts. I read Scheana  had reached  out to Tom, so maybe Lisa was right.

She reached out to Tom because a really good friend of his had died, not to make friends. She's too desperate to keep her friends and will not risk losing them to become friends with the likes of him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, realityplease said:

No. As per - Ariana.  Her words.

I will agree to disagree that Ariana herself said that she blamed Tom and ignored her part regarding any void/troubles in their relationship.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I'm not sure internet diagnoses are very reasonable.

I don't disagree.  We're all playing armchair therapist here and this is all speculation of course.  We're only going on what we see which certainly is highly edited.  That said: Raquel's reactions are straight-up strange, and that link contains a lot of stuff that certainly fits the bill.

THAT said:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I truly hate how Lala and James are using the Scandoval to retroactively act like their past behavior wasn't awful.

Also I'm incredibly sympathetic to Ariana but I also remember what a Cool Girl asshole she was when she breezed into this show so her constant yelling about karma when this would be her own karma to a degree is wild.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3

Next Season On Vanderpump Rules:

giphy.gif

Katie goes to pick up Butter and Gordo from Tom’s apartment. Afterwards, she goes straight to the doctors for a tetanus shot, a penicillin shot, and a 90 day supply of Cipro after leaving that pigsty. Tom goes straight back to drinking and he contracts scoliosis lying on his couch.

giphy.gif

LVP: I have the most fabulous idea! We should have a regular event, let’s call it Tuesdays With The Toms at TomToms. Even though neither is popular right now, we’ll have tons of people coming in to boo them, and crowds mean money. If that doesn’t work, we’ll have Tuesdays With TeamAriana and change the name of the restaurant to Team Ariana.

giphy.gif

Tom :Don’t I look hot? I am so fashion forward. Oh and like, I’m so talented, I’m a rock star! Honestly, dude – I think, like, what is my best quality is that, I, like, have remained humble.

giphy.gif

Raquel in her talking head shot. If you, like, give me more camera time and make me, like, the star of VPR, you can insert your penis right here, anytime you want. I I am, so, like,  a people pleaser

• Applause 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Sandoval doesn't just try hard; he tries hardest. 

I think Sandoval tries "most extra" 😀

33 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I just realized that Sandoval has been doing his own version of Mystery (the pickup artist) drag this whole season.

Holy crap, you're right! 😲

I had totally forgotten about that douchbag! 😲

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

He was hoping, in some sort of sick way, that it would make Ariana jealous or fall more in love with him and fight for their relationship.

This is absolutely what he wanted, and it we know it worked in a sense since she was nice to him in Jan and he had sex with her. 

I thought it was super clear in that break talk before Raquel left that  neither one of them is in love with the other. They were two friends who fucked and he was never going to leave Ariana (for the money issues at least), like he literally said he loved her more than he's ever loved anyone, including his robot bimbo. I really did appreciate even amongst all the vitriol that Ariana's side of the room kept warning Raquel this is her future if she stays with him, and I think it sunk in hence the six day later non reveal reveal. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
5 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I believe Kristen hinted at that on more than one occasion.

Can we get a replay of the scene a few seasons back where he's trying to convince Ariana he gives her multiple orgasms and she's just like "no, you didn't." and he's saying "YES I DID - I TOTALLY DID!"  He's just such a punk!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

I will agree to disagree that Ariana herself said that she blamed Tom and ignored her part regarding any void/troubles in their relationship.

I agree with you.  I don't give a crap what the status of their relationship was or might have been - I might take it into SOME consideration if Talking Turd took a flyer with another girl when off on a concert trip.  It does not give sanction to fucking your SO's best friend.  

Any why are these clowns performing in Atlantic City anyway?  Hell, aren't there enough GOOD cover bands in New York and Jersey?  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, blixie said:

I thought it was super clear in that break talk before Raquel left that  neither one of them is in love with the other. They were two friends who fucked and he was never going to leave Ariana (for the money issues at least), like he literally said he loved her more than he's ever loved anyone, including his robot bimbo. I really did appreciate even amongst all the vitriol that Ariana's side of the room kept warning Raquel this is her future if she stays with him, and I think it sunk in hence the six day later non reveal reveal. 

The only reason why either of them said that they were in love with the other was trying to make this whole at least for the moment not seem like it was all for nothing. Which it completely and totally was.

For all of Raquel's perceived dimness, I think she is smarter than people give her credit for because she did All About Eve her way onto the show and managed to keep herself in the spotlight with this and she probably knew that dismantling Tom in interview was a way to sort the process for someone to be friendly to her in the cast. AS much as they don't like her, they are all opportunists who hate Tom more so I think she would have no problem being used as an axe to wield at him for her own self-preservation on the program.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

They could have just named this whole season much ado about nothing. Two people had an affair. wow big deal. The woman involved was a friend of the woman who was cheated on. This is often the case because people usually cheat with friends or people they know. This affair gave the show a storyline and all the losers on it something to sink their teeth into and rage about. They all got to show their righteous indignation despite the fact that they’ve all cheated.

I can honestly say that I don’t like anybody on this show. Lala is a disgusting excuse for a woman. Her nickname should be BJ’s for PJs.

James is a man child who can’t control himself at all. He’s not funny he’s not cute he and Lala should be together because they deserve each other

Katie is as always A miserable mean girl and basically just a bitch. Oh and boring.

Sandoval is a total narcissist and really unbearable to watch.

I don’t really know what to say about Sheanna other than she was also dating a married man with kids and punched Raquel in the face. Nice.

I’ve never liked Ariana. She’s smug and condescending and think she’s better than anyone else. I don’t believe that her relationship with Tom was much more than staying together for the show  

Schwartz, well he’s just Schwartz. He may be kind of dumb but at least he’s not evil. I don’t know how he put up with Katie for all those years.

As for Racquel, I have always felt that she was a sweet girl who was surrounded by sharks and abused by James and Lala. I still feel that Sandoval took advantage of her naïveté . She said herself that she was a people pleaser who decided to start pleasing herself. Obviously betraying Ariana by cheating with Tom was a really bad decision. I think that she really thought he loved her and probably treated her a lot better than James ever did. She will be paying for this mistake for a long time. I hope that she gets the help she needs and moves on from this shark tank. I give her kudos For showing up and apologizing and speaking in complete sentences. I truly do wish her well and as far as the rest of them I really couldn’t care less if the show gets canceled. I don’t find that a sandwich shop and trying to open a new bar is going to carry a whole season.

I couldn't agree with you more...you've summed up everything so perfectly! ❤

• Like 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, realityplease said:

Don't care what psychiatric "labels" are put on these folks - they're ALL horrible. Not a redeemable one in the bunch.  Not seeing a path forward for some of them to film together - none true friends - each pushing their own agenda for money & celebrity.  To me, none deserving of either.  Frankly, after this season, there's nothing more I want to see of them.  In any formulation.

For one thing, they're all adults, using the term loosely given their attitudes, actions & capabilities - but adult age anyway.  Some almost middle-age but learning nothing by way of experience or education.

Tom wanted to leave - he blamed Ariana for what was missing.  He didn't want to work at the relationship but too weak, scared or financially tied to leave. So he did what many others do.  Cheat.  With someone in their circle.  Doesn't excuse it because others do it. He's still an amoral jerk. But not unique. 

Ariana wanted to stay - she blamed Tom for what was missing.  She ignores her part in any void. Complacent - but wanted to keep on going - on her terms.  Until blindsided.  Maybe. (The signals were there - maybe she ignored them.) She got cuckolded - also not unique. Despite the big pity party, don't need her to sell me products. Please stop.

Raquel got caught up - but she's no innocent.  Perhaps worse, she KNEW what she was doing was horrible but continued on.  Also, not unique.  To directly inquire of Ariana about whether Ariana wanted to stay in the relationship - get a "yes," but then continue to deceive her - BEYOND ballsy. If she feels ashamed - she should feel ashamed.  But Ariana's verbal abuse was over-the-top & her rage & bitterness & hatred - a woman scorned, indeed.  What else could Raquel or Tom say except a lame-ass sorry - we tried to fool Ariana & all of you - didn't work. Nothing said would have been satisfying to Ariana at that time.

And if there was more that they didn't say - it's because damn LaLa & James, & to some extent Ariana, and even LVP, didn't let them get a sentence out.  Andy's lack of control - quite obvious.  Though what would be accomplished? When she did say more (the bombshell that wasn't) Raquel STILL lied - about St. Louis, for example. 

As for the others, Katie sat there with self-satisfied smirk.  Sheana too - though 100 yards due to HER lack of control.  LaLa & James made it about themselves or diverted the discussion into nonsense -La La vs. Raquel as a "nickname" (who cares?) or Poopy-head childish crap.  Schwartz mulling over his Casanova looks declares he won't likely re-marry. (He'll be lucky to even date again as wussy & without game as he's been!) Ally's just happy to be anywhere.

Not that it's over - it's OVER for me.  Nothing more for me to know about these twits.  They're not learning from their mistakes - it's not in them.  They're mean, nasty, judgmental & unforgiving people (except each about themselves) who lack introspection.  Greed & self-absorption getting the best of them.  I'm out.

Yes, yes and yes!

• Like 6

One of my favorite parts was when Andy asked LVP about her Vegas place and she went “Faaaaannnnntttastic”, waiting for the inevitable chiming in of “yay”, “congratulations” that never came.

Instead, crickets.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)

I also quite enjoyed Katie’s, “I really don’t think you have a leg to stand on here, sir.”, when Sandoval was pontificating on LaLa’s delay in informing Raquel about Oliver’s separation.

The “sir” part was just a chef’s kiss.

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 7
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, Shauna said:

I do think she has some kind of mental health issue where she doesn't have typical reactions.  In some scenes, during interviews, she is actually smiling.  Very inappropriate.  At first, I thought she's just not bright.  But watching her more and more, I feel like there is something much deeper than that.  She really shouldn't be on this show.  Not that her family could have stopped her, but I wonder if anyone told her this wasn't a good idea.  Even without this Sandoval situation.  She's not able to fend for herself, I feel. 

Won’t go into detail on why, but I always got the impression that Raquel had been molested or sexually abused as a child. The story James told about Raquel’s mother asking if he’s circumcised and what his c*** looks like was bizarre! Not saying she was molested by a parent, but I think Raquel at the very least grew up in an overly sexualized environment. That would explain her behavior and lack of empathy. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

No one can ever make me believe that if Sandoval had serious money, Lala wouldn’t have been all over him, Ariana or no Ariana.  She came to California with the goal of securing the bag of a rich guy.  She thought Randall was it but he wasn’t rich after all.  She didn’t care about his wife, not even his kids.  Tom at least is younger, better looking, has no wife, and no children.  What would stop her? Because she knows Ariana?  BS. She knew Raquel and still slept with James. I can’t stand that bitch to the point where she makes me feel bad for Raquel and I don’t want to feel bad for Raquel! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6

Remember when Lala thought she would be joining the real housewives because of Randal’s clout and status and millions?  She was like, “gotta love those Chanel bags right Lisa?”  

She’s so mad her cash cow didn’t pan out, and she’s lashing out.  I would feel bad for her if she wasn’t so cruel to others.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Drogo said:

I feel similarly about most Bravo shows, most recently Summer House. New batch every year would do the trick.  The Real World original recipe. 

I get what you’re saying.  Obviously the show has changed drastically from the original premise because the cast members’ lives have changed, both due to getting older and having marriages/children/houses and due to the fame and money from the show itself.  

However, I disagree that the answer is to recast the show every year.  The few casting changes/additions they have made have all been duds.  The only new castmember who even made it on air this season was Charli and she wasn’t invited to the reunion.  For better or for worse, these are people the viewing public have come to care about or at least have an enduring interest in.  There’s a reason “Scandoval” exploded to the point that even people who never watched the show heard of it.  

I watched the first several seasons of the Real World.  I mostly remember the first one, because it was such a new concept, and Seattle and Boston.  I saw several others, including Chicago, where I was living at the time, but the cast wasn’t memorable I guess.  The shows I stick with are the ones in which I feel some kind of ongoing connection with the cast.  My first and favorite Housewives franchise was always NY, and while I will certainly try the new one, I’m more excited about the ridiculous “Simple Life” style show with Countess Luann and Sonja with a J.  

• Like 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

I find it hilarious people expected Ariana to react calmly and behave “appropriately” at all times, and not fly off the handle at some points. . . She’s not allowed to tell them to fuck off and die in a fire or use even more offensive language? LMFAO! Hookay.

The reunion was soon after she found out, not real time. The betrayal was fresh and raw. . .That shit hurts. I can’t imagine a betrayal on an even deeper level of intimacy. 

Did people not watch Raquel initiate a conversation with Ariana on camera where she had her bare intimate issues about Sandoval and her own insecurities among other shitty things when she was already fucking him under her nose? Did people not watch Sandoval try to set her up to look like a bitch-faced mentally unstable girlfriend among other shitty things while already fucking her friend under her nose?

I do sympathize with Ariana's situation - she seems the victim here - but I also think there's a lot we don't know about Ariana's situation. The La La backseat story is just a hint that an open relationship existed on levels that neither Ariana nor Tom are admitting.  The fact Ariana knew about but excused Tom about Miami Girl & perhaps another - & both she & Tom lied to put up a united front & for their "brand." They're BOTH liars when needed to keep the $$$ coming in to them. Actors & business people first. Lovers last - a facade or occasional thing for who knows how long?

Raquel was different - both as to duration & brazenness. And Tom was smitten.  If only once in a while or nothing serious, Ariana didn't seem to care - so long as the brand continued.  But Raquel had Tom's attention & time.  Ariana long complained that Tom didn't spend time with her & that wasn't changing. S&S meant less time or more opportunity to "dip" out.  So why did Ariana want the relationship to continue?  If he was looking for something else, he WAS going to find it.  The end coming eventually.  It wasn't what she wanted but she wanted the brand, stuck in a rut, wouldn't walk away.  He lied & should have walked - but wanted both the brand & the side-piece.

Yes, it's fresh & raw. A betrayal.  Ariana's angry & entitled to want to wish death & horrible things on Tom & Raquel. (Like the very old Tonio K song: "I wish I was as mellow as for instance Jackson Browne, but 'Fountain of Sorrow' my ass motherf**ker, I hope you wind up in the ground.")

But VOICING those thoughts on air in the most vicious, nasty, horrible way & interrupting Tom & Raquel & keeping them from explaining was not okay.  She should have tried to stop James & La La from taking over - even if they were trying to support her. (Though more likely, themselves.) Tom & Raquel's lack of a plausible excuse (except they wanted to), their deplorable timing & acts, lack of decency or consideration to her, & inconsistent stories would have shown them up worse than her epithets. But she didn't let them hang themselves. And in doing so, didn't gain more sympathy, but rather, sent some sympathy their way. 

People screw up. In very bad ways.  But they didn't try to kill her or engage in criminal acts.  She left the relationship with her life & a host of endorsements & opportunities. She walked out - not crawled out.  She can count her blessings that she avoided a most extra bullet - & before children were spawned - largely unwanted by her - & move on, head up & with dignity.  (And continue to curse in her head - but not on my screen.) 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

I don't understand why Ariana is being deified as some queen just because she was cheated on.  I have always found her the most boring cast member.  She was a little over the top with her childish responses.  And yes Rachel/Raquel probably does have some friends.  The entire WORLD isn't going to drop her just because YOU SAID SO Ariana.  Talk about inflated self-importance. 

I'm always happy to come here and see a more balanced perspective on Ariana. What happened to Ariana was awful. And in some respects, the way she has handled herself is pretty admirable. But I admit, all the "OUR QUEEN" stuff I see in other discussions gets exhausting. And I totally agree that some of what she said was unnecessary. Sure, hold them accountable. But calling another person "nothing"? That went too far for me, personally. That starts to reflect on jer rather than Rachel. 

• Like 14
(edited)

There has been talk about Vanderpump Rules being on its last leg. About it being so bad that there’s no point in watching ever again. About every single cast member being (insert negative adjective here)

Now I agree, VPR has an expiration date. I do not foresee the show lasting another 10 years. I, KungFuBunny, will watch till the bitter end. Once the show is over, I will be in regular contact with my sponsor and will attend daily Vanderpump Rules Anonymous meetings.

I will linger on, over on the Past Seasons thread or SUR Alley Small Talk. You can take my keyboard, when you pry it out of my cold, dead paws.

The Toms, Raquel, and Lisa ALL SUCK ASS!!!

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 8
  • LOL 13
10 hours ago, Drogo said:

Couldn't it also mean thar you are caught up in passion and didn't take the time to undress completely? Or did I just read too many romance novels in my youth?

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

My paws have carpel tunnel syndrome. I''m done

1kmI.gif

Goodnight all

Raquel, the Toms, & LVP SUCK ASS!

Aww KF BUNNY!!!! Take a rest honey.  It'll be here tomorrow. Love YOU!!!!

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Disappointed with the "big reveal." I thought it would involve the disclosure that Raquel also slept with Brock (which I suspect) or that Raquel did BOTH Toms on the Night of the Hot Tub.

She probably DID do BOTH Toms.  They're still just trying to not make it sound so nasty since Arianna was out of town at a FUNERAL for Christ's sake.  They ALL LIED.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, snarts said:

Re: Ariana's vitriol

The reunion filmed on March 23rd, not even three weeks after Ariana found out about the affair. It was the first time she & Raquel were in the same room and she had just sat through hours of Tom taking almost zero accountability, blaming her for their relationship's demise and lying about the pertinent details. Raquel shows up and gives some wimpy worded lame-ass apology copping only being selfish, all the while smirking and showing little remorse. She was completely emotionless, almost flippant about it.

Yes, she said some hurtful things out of pain. Yes, she probably wishes she could change some of verbiage used. But, how can anyone fault her emotional reaction in that moment?? That fact that she remained somewhat calm and poised, used only her words, and didn't hit either of them was impressive to me.  

Seeing her on WWHL a few weeks ago, she acknowledged that she's now in a far better emotional state, getting more apathetic about the whole situation. However, blaming the victim for her emotional reaction in facing her longtime partner and close friend who 've been carrying on an illicit affair for MONTHS and are pretty unrepentant about it is a bad look in my book.

Hear, hear 👏 👏 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Jel said:

I’m on a cruise ship with no bravo channel (can you believe the nerve?!) and dodgy internet connection. Can someone please tell me what the big shocker-that-might-cause-someone—quit was?

Also, did I read that Rachel floated the idea of throupledom with Ariana and Tom? Like that would be a possibility? Masterful tv show idea floater or more proof that the girl ain’t right? I can’t tell.

Have fun on your cruise!!! You didn't miss a thing!!  I *think* the big reveal was that Tom & Rachel were doing the horizontal mambo while Arianna was off in Florida attending her Grandmother's funeral.  They *decided* NOT to say this out loud because well... Arianna was at a funeral. Boohoo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

However, I disagree that the answer is to recast the show every year.

Well, I do too.  BUT they dhpuld be able to get new folks and she'd SOME old folks as time goes on.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Drogo said:

It's a spectrum, a scale- and impairments may be greater for some skills than others.  Popular majors for autistic university students are engineering and computer science, so clearly intelligence isn't a barrier depending on where those deficits exist.  

Most ASD women aren't diagnosed until adulthood because the common signs they exhibit when younger (anxiety, shyness, low self-esteem, difficulty reading social cues) are chapped up to age and it isn't properly explored to see where those behaviors come from. 

Trauma bonded, groomed..  She needs his "love" and validation because he's caught her in a cycle of reward. This show generally is a horrible place for Raquel, and Sandoval is quite literally the worst fucking individual for her to have gotten entangled with.    

If we look at how any of these people describe their friendships/relationships with Raquel, there's a commonality of "I took her in" / "I took care of her" / "I looked out for her" that truly isn't typical of adult friendships.  

How very thoughtful and insightful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, linger said:

Throwing around the word bullying, when it comes to Ariana, baffles me. One of her best friends, who she protected, defended, supported, and seems to have genuinely loved, was having a relationship with her boyfriend of 9 years. And doing crazy stuff like buying secret love necklaces & probing her about their sex life, etc. And Ariana had just recently been publicly blindsided. This, my friends, is where you F around & find out. It is not bullying to verbally decimate the person who so diabolically betrayed you in one of the worst possible ways. It’s a shame for Raquel that it had to happen in front of millions of viewers, but as goes the cliche, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. So now people are Team Raquel because Ariana said mean things to her? Yep, baffled.

James & Lala are a different story, though most of James’ ire seemed directed at Sandoval, and at times was at least entertaining. Lala was just annoying. 

I don’t consider myself a violent person, but if I had been Ariana when Sandoval made the T-shirt comment, about 2 seconds later he would have been on the floor. He truly is pure scum.

In my unqualified opinion, Raquel has some serious psychological and/or developmental issues. Her demeanor, lack of affect or inappropriate affect, general dimness (is that a word?) made her easy prey for Sandoval, and while what she did to Ariana as her friend was abhorrent, I hate to say it, but I agree with Lala, Sandoval is dangerous.

You are 100% correct, on all counts. Somehow it’s blame the victim, because the wolf is in sheep’s clothing. Nope.

• Like 5
(edited)

Welp, I've seen all 3 episodes and I'm actually DONE.  The big "reveal" was a dud.  Like Dude, we already thought you guys were wanking away everywhere!  No big secret there!

I'm so glad Rachel's not pregnant. IF she & Tombo are going to stay together, pregnancy would be at the bottom of the list!

I'm TIRED of all this!  I think Arianna's comments to Rachel were a little over the top.  Only by a bit.  But Arianna's gonna have to get her shit together and stop being such a mad ass bitch.  

Nobody died.  OK?  I just lost my sister.  She DIED. Dead. Gone to heaven.

THIS IS NOT THAT!!!

James & Lala, just stop.  It feels like you're trying to monetize some shitty thing that happened to your friend. Bravo doesn't pay you enough??

Next season... Oh hell. WHY?

It was already getting long in the tooth show-wise.  The chucklefucks are too OLD and too GROWN to keep this dumb shit up.

I think even LVP understands THIS. 

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 16
  • Fire 1