Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Reunion Episode 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sheshark said:

I don't think there would be a total reboot, at least not until they see how the RHoNY reboot takes.   Yeah, Dolores and Paulie are like the  church group kids at Coachella.  And speaking of telephone spoofing, I have actually gotten a phone call from myself!

Me too!!  It's so weird to hear your phone and see your own name/phone number pop up on caller I.D.  I have also gotten spoofed calls on my landline, so Margaret and Melissa's argument that Margaret's stepson was contacted on a landline doesn't hold any weight.

I just cannot conceive that Louie would do something that stupid.  

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

It's possible that Frank Jr. is being diplomatic to keep the peace.

Margaret was told by someone in PR named Tom who has worked with both Melissa and Margaret that he opened a rear car door and saw Melissa and actor Nick Barrotta (who was the bailiff on Divorce Court). 

Frank Catania Sr is in business with Joe Gorga, he encouraged him to attack Louie at the reunion (before the guys appeared on stage), and he is a team with Joe Gorga and Margaret’s Joe Begnino. It seems there is a coordinated effort of some of the women to attack Teresa (which is easy to do), and some of the guys to attack Louie after the falling out of the Gorgas and Teresa (leaks to tabloids when the season started airing about Louie and Dina's supposed bad business deal, Frankie's bad business experience with Louie which he denied, and Louie investigating everybody). 

As for Melissa, the rumor is probably not only a rumor because of the details you mentioned. It happened not long ago, the name of the guy was mentioned (not on the show), and what exactly happened at the back seat of a car. That's why Teresa was concerned and told her brother before the season started filming (it could come up), and the Gorgas didn't go to Teresa’s wedding after the rumor was exposed at the finale.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She was just holding some paper we didn't see. Why would Louie call her son (who is not her son, but stepson) f

Margaret has one biological son. He wants nothing to do with being on the show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

TreStump and Joe put themselves in jail .. NO ONE ELSE .. THEY did .. this someone put me in jail bullshit is just passing the buck.. Tre accept responsibility for what you did .. stop this bullshit

There are two separate issues here. I totally agree that Teresa and Joe Giudice are responsible for their actions and resulting jail time.  If it is true that Joe and Melissa Gorga actively participated in some way by "talking" to someone who went out of their way to turn them in it is something altogether separate from that.  Again, not in any way absolving Teresa and Joe but I also have some thoughts on a brother intentionally being involved with turning in his sister for  a crime of this nature.  

Edited by ichbin
add word
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I totally get the decompress mode.  I work with Crime Victims all day long, I have my quiet  time on my 1 hour commute home and when I come home, I say hello to the fam - and go upstairs for a solid half hour, and them I'm ready to visit w hubby and kids (kids are college and post college), But I get it...and if I have a pool house, I'd be out there way longer.  :)  

Being a Surgeon, Bill has to decompress after the day.  Does Jen think he wants to come home to screaming kids and listen to her talk about all the housewives?  No way.  That’s what she wants and makes him go to therapy for that?  Selfish.  Go get a hobby.  Now, she’ll go to the pool house with him, lol. and blab about all the gossip of the day.  Just what he doesn’t want.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She was just holding some paper we didn't see. Why would Louie call her son (who is not her son, but stepson) from HIS own phone and threaten him at work of all places? They all said there were prank calls, supposedly from the HWs, and to the HWs, and that their phones were hacked. Rachel didn't want to say anything but that some friend, or relative told her. That's vague.

Yeah, why would anyone contact Margaret's son who is not even on the show, let alone threaten him. It makes more sense that it would have something to do with a hack which even Andy referred to as being an issue.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, ichbin said:

There are two separate issues here. I totally agree that Teresa and Joe Giudice are responsible for their actions and resulting jail time.  If it is true that Joe and Melissa Gorga actively participated in some way by "talking" to someone who went out of their way to turn them in it is something altogether separate from that.  Again, not in any way absolving Teresa and Joe but I also have some thoughts on a brother intentionally being involved with turning in his sister for  a crime of this nature.  

honestly you think someone at the fbi was like lets take this tip? they were flaunting the cash being spent she was talking about all the money they spent she was talking about how gross a "used" house was ... to think it was Joe and Mel that brought them down to me is ridiculous .. they made their bed and again blew it up on a television show that got extremely popular .... No one got them in trouble but Themselves ..

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I get aggravated when the point drifts so far off. Which is usually the case with housewife shows. It's like I sit back and cringe and wish I was in charge of creating some sort of legend.

Teresa: "You tipped off the FBI" = "It didn't sit well with me to know that you were chummy with the people who were dealing with the FBI during the case against us."

If it's being looked at solely through the eyes of right, wrong, crime, jail, okay sure but the proper context, if you are trying to understand where Teresa is coming from, is that her brother, who is family, was casually kicking it with someone that was obviously contentious with Joe G. Right or wrong, THAT'S the point Teresa is trying to drive home but she can't ever keep her thoughts (the little she has) straight. I can get behind the idea that finding out her brother was spending time with him would be off putting. 

Jen: "I'm sorry if it seemed like I set you up" = "I was definitely trying to drive the point home that Margaret gossips and repeats damaging shit. I just didn't realize it was going to the 'Teresa is trying to hurt Melissa' turn. Of course I threw the newbie a bone to stir stuff up I just didn't realize how quickly Teresa would be pinned for it and that the messenger was gonna be such a damn flop".

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

honestly you think someone at the fbi was like lets take this tip? they were flaunting the cash being spent she was talking about all the money they spent she was talking about how gross a "used" house was ... to think it was Joe and Mel that brought them down to me is ridiculous .. they made their bed and again blew it up on a television show that got extremely popular .... No one got them in trouble but Themselves ..

I don't disagree with you about that. They made their own bed. Regardless though if there was someone actively trying to add fuel to that fire and Joe and Melissa were in some way involved toward that end it is an entirely different issue.

• Like 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, ichbin said:

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one that understood that angle. Tre isn't my favorite person but I get so sick and tired of them PURPOSEFULLY being obtuse when it comes to WHY Teresa might have a problem with something of that nature. 

Joe and Melissa seem to be more than happy to constantly align themselves with people that aren't the biggest fans of Teresa. At first I understood the need to maybe feel safer with people who weren't crawling up Teresa's ass and therefore were probably somewhat biased against Melissa but at this stage in the game Melissa has more than enough ally's where blatantly cozying up to people who are involved in legal, criminal issues with Tre and Joe is just downright unacceptable. 

And another thing, I sorta hate how the show, because it's been the topic for season after season has somehow made it some absolute CRIME to express some level of loyalty to family and friends. Look, I am no slave to that mantra but at the same time there really is nothing wrong with expecting friends and family to steer clear of being ambiguously loyal. Melissa makes it a point to paint the whole picture of  "I've got to bite my tongue to the most heinous behaviors Teresa displays because I'M THE ONE trying to make it work".  She makes it clear season after season that her loyalty is forced, that she does it begrudgingly, and that she doesn't think Tre deserves it. I mean, shit! How are these women continuously surprised at Tre's reactions to Melissa season after season. Melissa keeps the contention going. She knows that's the only thing she has for the show. At first I felt bad for the position Melissa was in but Melissa feeds into that toxicity just as much if not more than Teresa.

One thing about Teresa, what you see is what you get. She may have skewed ideas about what's good for the goose being good for the gander but at the end of the day you KNOW where she's coming from when it comes to her friends and her family. If you can't deliver that's fine cause some of Teresa's requirements are coocoo for cocoa puffs but at the end of the day there are NO surprises when it comes to Teresa. Either be on board or don't but the fence that Melissa deliberately rides with the poorly veiled, planned out triggers aimed at Teresa are just so tiresome and blatantly obvious.  The blind eyes some of these ladies (Margaret, Jackie) turn to Melissa's display, while still trying to "poor Melissa" their way through season after season just  makes me roll my eyes so hard. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, amarante said:

Does Louie think he is attractive - the sight of his pudgy shirtless body - not to mention the eggplant colored face is repulsive. Why was he going around shirtless for what appears to be prolonged periods of time? Nobody wants to see that - and it can't be unseen.

I guess Danielle wasn't ready to give up her alliance with Jen and Tre because no one could be stupid enough not to realize that they had been used.

I am also not understanding the flack that Jen Fessler's statement about Gandolfini got. When they hooked up he was a nobody and he was never that attractive so it seemed perfectly reasonable that they met at a club or party and hooked up. 

She was his manager - if a man did that he would be in jail.

• Mind Blown 1
18 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Who contacted Rachel’s Sons Mother and Margaret’s daughter?  Marge had proof.  If not Bo Deitl, then who?

For some reason, looks like Joe Gorga is backing down lately.  He’s been quieter.  Not his usual big mouth self.  Maybe worried he’ll be next to be investigated.

Nope...that would be Teresa who was just hit with a new tax lien of $17,000. She owes $14,611.41 for 2020 tax year and $2,449.91 for the 2021 tax year. Teresa has tallied more than $1 million in tax debts since 2000.

She's a tax cheat. My source...northjersey.com 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one that understood that angle. Tre isn't my favorite person but I get so sick and tired of them PURPOSEFULLY being obtuse when it comes to WHY Teresa might have a problem with something of that nature. 

Joe and Melissa seem to be more than happy to constantly align themselves with people that aren't the biggest fans of Teresa. At first I understood the need to maybe feel safer with people who weren't crawling up Teresa's ass and therefore were probably somewhat biased against Melissa but at this stage in the game Melissa has more than enough ally's where blatantly cozying up to people who are involved in legal, criminal issues with Tre and Joe is just downright unacceptable. 

And another thing, I sorta hate how the show, because it's been the topic for season after season has somehow made it some absolute CRIME to express some level of loyalty to family and friends. Look, I am no slave to that mantra but at the same time there really is nothing wrong with expecting friends and family to steer clear of being ambiguously loyal. Melissa makes it a point to paint the whole picture of  "I've got to bite my tongue to the most heinous behaviors Teresa displays because I'M THE ONE trying to make it work".  She makes it clear season after season that her loyalty is forced, that she does it begrudgingly, and that she doesn't think Tre deserves it. I mean, shit! How are these women continuously surprised at Tre's reactions to Melissa season after season. Melissa keeps the contention going. She knows that's the only thing she has for the show. At first I felt bad for the position Melissa was in but Melissa feeds into that toxicity just as much if not more than Teresa.

One thing about Teresa, what you see is what you get. She may have skewed ideas about what's good for the goose being good for the gander but at the end of the day you KNOW where she's coming from when it comes to her friends and her family. If you can't deliver that's fine cause some of Teresa's requirements are coocoo for cocoa puffs but at the end of the day there are NO surprises when it comes to Teresa. Either be on board or don't but the fence that Melissa deliberately rides with the poorly veiled, planned out triggers aimed at Teresa are just so tiresome and blatantly obvious.  The blind eyes some of these ladies (Margaret, Jackie) turn to Melissa's display, while still trying to "poor Melissa" their way through season after season just  makes me roll my eyes so hard. 

I hate relitigating the fraud charges that Juicy and Teresa got jail time for but I feel I should make a distinction about their case. Not once was a "whistle blower" mentioned in either the federal charges or at their trial. Joe Guidice recklessly violated so many other laws it was only a matter of time that his business practices would come under scrutiny. No one had to "whistle blow" on him...he was arrogant and continued to flaunt tax laws and business regulations. No one "turned them in"...Joe was stupid and thought he could get away with flagrant fraud and tax cheating. Teresa suffers from the affliction of never being able to admit any wrong doing on her part for anything. She did throw Joe under the bus when she came home from her incarceration...but seemed to forgive him a few years later and then start this nonsense about other housewives and relatives "turning them in". She needs to pay her taxes and STFU.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, bencr said:

I totally agree. I'm not sure Bravo knew what they were getting into with Luis, but I think he might be too much of a liability -- or at least a risk -- for Bravo. One thing Bravo does not want is the threat of litigation that Luis presents. Luis might well be an important factor if Bravo decides to sideline Teresa.

The whole cast should be sidelined. This was awful...an hour of my life that I will never get back. All the vitriol and yelling was horrible. This franchise has definitely gotten out of control. Teresa thinks she's in charge of hiring and firing other Housewives..the Queen of the cast. She needs to go and take her nutjob hubby with her. Melissa, Margaret, Jen, Delores too. Delores has no storyline anymore. Boring. The newbies are meh. Not interesting at all. 

Frankly, I think Bravo should shut this franchise down and maybe find another city to build a new show from. 

• Like 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Lots of people owe taxes and are on a payment plan. The IRS doesn't fuck around, even when you're on a payment plan, they still use their vested government power to secure a lien to ensure payment. Being on a payment plan does not mean you're a tax cheat.

They are all independent contractors with variable income based on when seasons are filmed/book/podcast/endorsement deals are signed which means taxes are not withheld like they are for traditional employees. It's up to them to set aside money for taxes and when income is variable, even the best tax attorneys don't estimate very well. It's much less challenging for the reality stars who have spouses in traditional employment situations. 

I love this energy from. Danielle. Hope she's back for another season. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtMYawtPQ89/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by snarts
lien/lein
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, snarts said:

Lots of people owe taxes and are on a payment plan. The IRS doesn't fuck around, even if when you're on a payment plan, they still use their vested government power to secure a lein to ensure payment. Being on a payment plan does not mean you're a tax cheat.

They are all independent contractors with variable income based on when seasons are filmed/book/podcast/endorsement deals are signed which means taxes are not withheld like they are for traditional employees. It's up to them to set aside money for taxes and when income is variable, even the best tax attorneys dont estimate that well. It's much less challenging for the reality stars who have spouses in traditional employment situations. 

In my neck of the woods, if you don't pay your taxes and I pay all of mine, I consider you to be a tax cheat. But that's just me. I'm sure she was busy buying a ton of gaudy Gucci and Chanel crap and expensive luxury cars instead of paying her taxes.

• Like 13
5 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I hate relitigating the fraud charges that Juicy and Teresa got jail time for but I feel I should make a distinction about their case. Not once was a "whistle blower" mentioned in either the federal charges or at their trial. Joe Guidice recklessly violated so many other laws it was only a matter of time that his business practices would come under scrutiny. No one had to "whistle blow" on him...he was arrogant and continued to flaunt tax laws and business regulations. No one "turned them in"...Joe was stupid and thought he could get away with flagrant fraud and tax cheating. Teresa suffers from the affliction of never being able to admit any wrong doing on her part for anything. She did throw Joe under the bus when she came home from her incarceration...but seemed to forgive him a few years later and then start this nonsense about other housewives and relatives "turning them in". She needs to pay her taxes and STFU.

Yeah that all sounds interesting.

I was just pointing out that it isn't really hard to understand why kicking it with someone that is actively involved in some of the most trying times in Tre's life wouldn't sit well with her. I get that "Tre has no right" blah, blah, blah but at the same time Tre has every right to take that news hard and take offense. Plus, I think Tre points it out to show that they do what they please whether it hurts Teresa's feelings or not so they should probably stop crying about all these petty slights they keep bringing up for the show. Teresa does it sure but like I said Melissa is guilty too as well as Joe for the petty hurtfulness. I find more fault with Melissa and Joe cause they do it and then pretend that they are innocent and so vulnerable when they also have a conniving streak when it comes to Teresa. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

Lots of people owe taxes and are on a payment plan. The IRS doesn't fuck around, even if when you're on a payment plan, they still use their vested government power to secure a lein to ensure payment. Being on a payment plan does not mean you're a tax cheat.

They are all independent contractors with variable income based on when seasons are filmed/book/podcast/endorsement deals are signed which means taxes are not withheld like they are for traditional employees. It's up to them to set aside money for taxes and when income is variable, even the best tax attorneys dont estimate that well. It's much less challenging for the reality stars who have spouses in traditional employment situations. 

Wow, such an intelligent thought out post. I just figured she sucks at her taxes but your explanation sounds pretty sound and it totally makes sense. 

I mean I've gotten tax bills and a "nope sorry honey you didn't calculate that right, here's your true bill" (didn't know that made me a tax cheat) and called to set up payment plans in the past.  I figured that was probably the case with Teresa since the amounts provided weren't really all that pearl clutching. 

I mean Eugene and Toya on Married to Medicine where jacking up their taxes year after year so messing up your taxes really isn't that hard to believe. LOL. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah that all sounds interesting.

I was just pointing out that it isn't really hard to understand why kicking it with someone that is actively involved in some of the most trying times in Tre's life wouldn't sit well with her. I get that "Tre has no right" blah, blah, blah but at the same time Tre has every right to take that news hard and take offense. Plus, I think Tre points it out to show that they do what they please whether it hurts Teresa's feelings or not so they should probably stop crying about all these petty slights they keep bringing up for the show. Teresa does it sure but like I said Melissa is guilty too as well as Joe for the petty hurtfulness. I find more fault with Melissa and Joe cause they do it and then pretend that they are innocent and so vulnerable when they also have a conniving streak when it comes to Teresa. 

They all should be fired. Tired of the family feuding...this show isn't fun anymore. It's just fighting, spying on one another (Jen Aydin, I'm looking at you) and constant bickering. I'm exhausted after I watch this show and triggered by the family feud which brings back bad memories of my own family feuds and estrangements.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

All of this 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Doublemint said:

She was his manager - if a man did that he would be in jail.

She wasn't his manager.

At one point she said she was an agent and that is how she met many actors. Nothing indicates that she was even his agent let alone pressured him into having unwanted sexual contact.

Not saying that it is inconceivable for a straight woman to somehow sexually harass a male but this doesn't seem to be that kind of dynamic. 

This doesn't seem to be Harvey Weinstein in reverse 

Before being RHONJ's fan-favorite "Friend" of the season, the reality star was a talent agent in her previous career and it was during that job that Fessler encountered James Gandolfini before his The Sopranos fame. (The Italian-American actor would go on to win three Emmy Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards and one Golden Globe Award for the legendary role.) 

"Wait, you went to acting school?" Dolores Catania brings up to Fessler during the drive to their Irish accommodations, a 400-year-old castle. "After college, for like two minutes," Fessler clarifies. 

However, when Teresa asks, "Did you meet any actors?" the conversation goes bawdy. "I became a talent agent," Fessler tells them. "And how many actors did you sleep with?" Margaret jokingly asks her. "Well, James Gandolfini. That's a fact!"

Needless to say, the housewives are shocked by the reveal. "You had sex with James Gandolfini?! What?!," Melissa Gorga exclaims, adding in a confessional: "Who gets to **** Tony Soprano?!"

Fessler expanded on her encounter with the actor during a talking head, saying: "I met James Gandolfini before The Sopranos. I was obsessed... he actually took me to an S&M bar, it was crazy. We hung out and we drank and he took me back to his apartment and we ****ed."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is only a matter of time when Delores walks away from Teresa and her nonsense.

Delores and Paulie are not like those people.  They are very low key and don’t belong with this bunch.  Now Teresa’s nose is out of joint because Delores didn’t tell her something to her face.  Who needs that pressure?  Cut the ties and go have a life with your man.  I’m sure Paulie isn’t thrilled to associate with those crazy frat boys besides.  I think this show has had it.   I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t go on pause like the N.Y. Housewives, my favorite of all shows.  Not anymore tho. Don’t like the new cast already and probably won’t watch.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Delores and Paulie are not like those people.  They are very low key and don’t belong with this bunch.  Now Teresa’s nose is out of joint because Delores didn’t tell her something to her face.  Who needs that pressure?  Cut the ties and go have a life with your man.  I’m sure Paulie isn’t thrilled to associate with those crazy frat boys besides.  I think this show has had it.   I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t go on pause like the N.Y. Housewives, my favorite of all shows.  Not anymore tho. Don’t like the new cast already and probably won’t watch.

It is on pause - for how long and what that implies, who knows. Evidently they have not made final cast decisions which would normally have been made at this point in order to be able to shoot "down the shore" - cue Tom Waits - I'm In Love With A Jersey Girl

Delores is an actual old friend of Tre and Tre has never gone after Delores. I don't think anyone ever thought Jen's attacks on Delores were because Tre had instigated them. 

Delores will stay on the show as long as she can because so far it has not been problematic - and where else would she be able to bring home that kind of money and get the kind of perks that even a D List Bravolebrity gets. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Last night Fessler said that her James Gandolphini  story didn't go over well because people said he isn't around to defend himself. That was not how I felt. I felt that was inappropriate for her to talk about since she is married. Bragging about having sex with him...kind of disrespectful to her husband. And it was bragging.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Last night Fessler said that her James Gandolphini  story didn't go over well because people said he isn't around to defend himself. That was not how I felt. I felt that was inappropriate for her to talk about since she is married. Bragging about having sex with him...kind of disrespectful to her husband. And it was bragging.

Didn't Brandi (RHBH) claim to have slept with Gerard Butler, and he had no recollection? At least Jen was spared that embarrassment -It may have happened but wasn't memorable? 

Agreed talking about it is very disrespectful to her husband, I'm almost surprised St Teresa didn't chime in, but since it wasn't about her or her family she probably wasn't paying attention

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

I don't disagree with you about that. They made their own bed. Regardless though if there was someone actively trying to add fuel to that fire and Joe and Melissa were in some way involved toward that end it is an entirely different issue.

I don’t believe for one nano second that the Gorgas turned in Teresa and Joe. When you go on national TV and spend thousands and thousands of dollars in cash to buy furniture, And the story is covered on other media sources, and you have tenants suing you and banks saying that you’re doing shady deeds and I can go on and on. Those are all red flags that get people investigated. And then there’s the IRS. They keep an eye on this stuff too. And let’s not forget the Gorgas are old school, and no matter how pissed off they are at Teresa and Joe there’s no way they’re turning them into the feds. They got caught because they were sleazy and were proud to show off their ill gained money on national TV. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I don’t believe for one nano second that the Gorgas turned in Teresa and Joe. When you go on national TV and spend thousands and thousands of dollars in cash to buy furniture, And the story is covered on other media sources, and you have tenants suing you and banks saying that you’re doing shady deeds and I can go on and on. Those are all red flags that get people investigated. And then there’s the IRS. They keep an eye on this stuff too. And let’s not forget the Gorgas are old school, and no matter how pissed off they are at Teresa and Joe there’s no way they’re turning them into the feds. They got caught because they were sleazy and were proud to show off their ill gained money on national TV. 

Also, I called the FBI on them but didn’t get any award money. 😜

• Wink 2
  • LOL 2

Frank is so desperate to remain relevant and on the show he’s bringing up this stupid shit about his sons job. Like even if it were true Frankie jr prob doesn’t wanna go around publicly bashing his former employer. Shut up Frank sr. Annoying he’s out there.

They were joking about Joe Gorga not fighting Louie because he will kick his ass unlike Joe Giudice.? Lol what Giudice totally kicked Gorgas ass. All Gorga did was get his fake hair all over Giudice lol.

I feel like Dolores is the only one coming off well at the reunion.

I really really don’t like John Fuda.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)

For years Teresa said Caroline Manzo ratted her and Joe out, and she said it with great conviction as if there was no doubt. Now Teresa says it was not Caroline Manzo but her brother Joe who ratted her out, and again she says it with great conviction. You don't get to switch stories like that and be taken seriously. 

Edited by bencr
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, amarante said:

It is on pause - for how long and what that implies, who knows. Evidently they have not made final cast decisions which would normally have been made at this point in order to be able to shoot "down the shore" - cue Tom Waits - I'm In Love With A Jersey Girl

Delores is an actual old friend of Tre and Tre has never gone after Delores. I don't think anyone ever thought Jen's attacks on Delores were because Tre had instigated them. 

Delores will stay on the show as long as she can because so far it has not been problematic - and where else would she be able to bring home that kind of money and get the kind of perks that even a D List Bravolebrity gets. 

Delores is boring...no storyline at all except she has new man who seems like private kind of guy. I like her fine but there's nothing to see anymore...her kids moved out, her former husband moved out and has a new girlfriend. She used to co-own a business and had some family drama going on...now? Crickets. 

59 minutes ago, bencr said:

For years Teresa said Caroline Manzo ratted her and Joe out, and she said it with great conviction as if there was no doubt. Now Teresa says it was not Caroline Manzo but her brother Joe who ratted her out, and again she says it with great conviction. You don't get to switch stories like that and be taken seriously. And Teresa knows she has lost her credibility on this issue which is why she fabricated the story about being told by the FBI. Teresa is a -- what's the word? -- nut job.

It's time she puts her big girl panties on and just admit Juicy fucked up and was doing some sketchy business and tax stuff. He thought he wouldn't get caught and didn't even bother to become a U.S. citizen after all these years. What a putz.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:59 PM, kristen111 said:

And I never thought I’d say I feel sorry for Teresa and her love bubble. I think she’s been duped.

The nasty bitch deserves it. Kudos Karma keep it going. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Delores is boring...no storyline at all except she has new man who seems like private kind of guy. I like her fine but there's nothing to see anymore...her kids moved out, her former husband moved out and has a new girlfriend. She used to co-own a business and had some family drama going on...now? Crickets. 

For a minute I thought maybe she was quiet quitting the show!

I had no idea it is so easy to call the feds on someone, I am sure there are a great many of us that wished we knew that it only took a phone call to put Teresa and Juicy behind bars!  The funny thing about that is Teresa even after going thru the legal system with a lawyer who could explain everything to her and what their misdeeds were still cannot admit to herself it was their fault and not because anyone called the feds. Teresa has a hard time accepting her responsibility in even the smallest of errs so I have no hope of her ever understanding her part in going to prison.

I think Teresa grew up in a chaotic household, married in to and created a chaotic life and thinks that life has to be that way, like everyone is living like that and so naturally she married Looney that will continue her chaotic life. She has a type.

8 hours ago, Marley said:

I really really don’t like John Fuda.

But he says he is connected so you betta be careful or you'll be taking a dirt nap!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, amarante said:

She wasn't his manager.

At one point she said she was an agent and that is how she met many actors. Nothing indicates that she was even his agent let alone pressured him into having unwanted sexual contact.

Not saying that it is inconceivable for a straight woman to somehow sexually harass a male but this doesn't seem to be that kind of dynamic. 

This doesn't seem to be Harvey Weinstein in reverse 

Before being RHONJ's fan-favorite "Friend" of the season, the reality star was a talent agent in her previous career and it was during that job that Fessler encountered James Gandolfini before his The Sopranos fame. (The Italian-American actor would go on to win three Emmy Awards, five Screen Actors Guild Awards and one Golden Globe Award for the legendary role.) 

"Wait, you went to acting school?" Dolores Catania brings up to Fessler during the drive to their Irish accommodations, a 400-year-old castle. "After college, for like two minutes," Fessler clarifies. 

However, when Teresa asks, "Did you meet any actors?" the conversation goes bawdy. "I became a talent agent," Fessler tells them. "And how many actors did you sleep with?" Margaret jokingly asks her. "Well, James Gandolfini. That's a fact!"

Needless to say, the housewives are shocked by the reveal. "You had sex with James Gandolfini?! What?!," Melissa Gorga exclaims, adding in a confessional: "Who gets to **** Tony Soprano?!"

Fessler expanded on her encounter with the actor during a talking head, saying: "I met James Gandolfini before The Sopranos. I was obsessed... he actually took me to an S&M bar, it was crazy. We hung out and we drank and he took me back to his apartment and we ****ed."

OK - this is Fessler's version of what happened.  There are certain situations which require no "explanation" - teacher/student, agent/performer, manager/performer, pastor/congregant, etc. 

38 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

OK - this is Fessler's version of what happened.  There are certain situations which require no "explanation" - teacher/student, agent/performer, manager/performer, pastor/congregant, etc. 

Not sure why you think she was his agent and had significant coercive powers over him.

My friend worked for a talent agent in her 20's and dated some actors but it would be ridiculous to equate her romantic life with the kind of abusive coercive stuff that is done to women and gay men.

Straight women for the most part don't have to coerce men into having sex with them so the power dynamics aren't there for the most part. 

It is not like she was Sue Mengers dangling power and parts to an aspiring actor. 

9 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

It's time she puts her big girl panties on and just admit Juicy fucked up and was doing some sketchy business and tax stuff. He thought he wouldn't get caught and didn't even bother to become a U.S. citizen after all these years. What a putz.

Delores being boring isn't detrimental in the dynamics of a Housewives show because she remains popular as somewhat representing viewer's attitudes.

The housewives shows need to have at least one cast member like Delores who isn't iconic but just a quiet work horse. 

She has the ability to work with all of the women - sometimes she will briefly have issues but it doesn't consume the screen and based on trivialities - the Fuda/Danielle feud was ridiculous and boring and the Gorga/Guidice feud is so too primally ugly and ultimately boring. If they reconcile for next season, who cares because it is all unreal at this point - and not unreal in an entertaining manner,

• Like 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, amarante said:

I can’t understand how this show will go forward.  Between Loooie and Teresa not talking to many, and Joe Gorga and Melissa with no storyline, I don’t see much.  It’s all a big mess.

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Me too!!  It's so weird to hear your phone and see your own name/phone number pop up on caller I.D.  I have also gotten spoofed calls on my landline, so Margaret and Melissa's argument that Margaret's stepson was contacted on a landline doesn't hold any weight.

I just cannot conceive that Louie would do something that stupid.  

Tamra explained the spoofing calls some of the Housewives and Andy get.  She said that at some point, someone got contact info of a lot of Bravo people and they would get spoof calls and text messages.  The person's phone number had to be their phone and when they would answer no one would be there.  They would sporadically get a few calls like that during the month.  That's not the same as Margaret's son who has nothing to do with the show getting a call on a private line and actually speaking to someone who threatened him.

Luis wouldn't do something that stupid?  He said twice on camera that Bo looked into all of the cast then had to backpedal on WWHL.  Bo had to save face by releasing more than one statement.  Luis saying the cast was investigated is causing all sorts of issue and might even put Teresa in jeopardy.  That seems pretty stupid to me.

• Like 10
11 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

In the future, I’d love to see a Delores and Paulie wedding in Ireland.  That would be awesome.  I’d rather see more of Ireland than the screeching women.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This episode was absolutely exhausting. I usually love reunions because I look forward to getting clarity on certain things and watching the girls rehash certain things and fighting a bit. Ya know, normal entertainment. But the back and forth between Teresa and Melissa is not only exhausting; it is absolutely stupid. I felt like I was listening to my two children argue back and forth, and one of my kids is four, so that's pretty bad. I love how Teresa keeps insinuating that Melissa won't be back next season and Andy finally said, "Let me know how that works out for you." There's no way he's gonna fire Melissa and keep Teresa. Too many people hate Teresa.

And speaking of hate for people, I cannot stand Margaret. When she first started, I absolutely adored her. Now I can't even stand the sight of her face. All of these women are too damn old to act the way they act. 

Unlike some, I noticed a huge difference in Jen Fessler. She doesn't look bad, but she doesn't necessarily look good either. She should've left her face alone. 

I agree with those saying Jackie looks better with the extra weight. She looked filled out and very pretty this week. Good for her!

I love both Rachel and Danielle. I think they were nice additions to the cast. I do feel bad for Danielle that she was set up, but since she watched this show prior to being on it, shouldn't she have known the kind of games Teresa and Jennifer play? Just saying. I do wish they'd bring Laura on the show, even if in a "friend of" role. There's too much blame being placed on her for none of us to know who she is or what she has to say for herself. 

I'm kinda dreading next week's episode. It's going to be much worse than this week's, with all the yelling over each other and name calling and kindergarten behavior. I hate any time Louie is on my screen, with his crazy bug eyes!

By the way, how embarrassing is it that Andy has to keep yelling at Melissa and Teresa to shut up? They should know how to better conduct themselves. I applaud him for telling Teresa and whoever she was arguing with at the time that they were both acting like assholes because, well, they were...

• Like 1

I go with Occam's Razor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

First the FBI and IRS didn't need an inside informer because it was all out on the screen. Do they think that the Feds don't have people watching television. They didn't need family to inform on Mike "The Situation" (Jersey Shore) or Richard Hatch (first Survivor winner) for tax fraud.

And if there was an informer, the simplest (i.e. Occam's razor) is that it was a business partner who Juicy stiffed - like the one whose signature was forged on various legal documents

Also Teresa and Joe committed bankruptcy fraud all on their own when they lied about assets. Teresa hid a bank account that she was funding with cash from appearances. They were represented by an attorney at this point who I am absolutely sure warned them they should declare everything honestly and then signed something which stated UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY.

• Like 7
On 6/7/2023 at 3:03 PM, bichonblitz said:

Margaret has one biological son. He wants nothing to do with being on the show. 

That's why it's strange that Louie supposedly called him to threaten him.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm another one who thinks it's two separate matters. The Giudices didn't pay taxes, or took loans they shouldn't (although it seems that Teresa is repaying alone for years for all of those including restitution), but a brother shouldn't be the one to report them. And yes, any citizen can report a business, or an individual to the IRS, for example (there is a specific department for this purpose).

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Nope...that would be Teresa who was just hit with a new tax lien of $17,000. She owes $14,611.41 for 2020 tax year and $2,449.91 for the 2021 tax year. Teresa has tallied more than $1 million in tax debts since 2000.

She is on a payment plan (she pays specific amounts per month), and she is the only one who does because Joe Guidice was in prison and he was then deported. I posted about this a few days ago on another thread. The $1 million is back taxes (I'm sure with fines) from 2000 to 2015. She already repaid the credit card debt and restitution. This is also for those who claim that Louie is after her money. Teresa, after paying 1/3 of her income for federal taxes, and more for state taxes, and other taxes has to pay for the tax debt. She obviously doesn't have too much left. She will be paying for the debt for the rest of her life.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

In my neck of the woods, if you don't pay your taxes and I pay all of mine, I consider you to be a tax cheat. But that's just me. I'm sure she was busy buying a ton of gaudy Gucci and Chanel crap and expensive luxury cars instead of paying her taxes.

She is paying monthly for the tax debt for years. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teresa-giudice-making-timely-payments-on-tax-debts-amid-lien/

Also since the article from  NorthJersey.com was posted above, this was mentioned there: Teresa paid already $363,000 for the 2011 and 2012 tax years.

Screenshot_20230608_153901_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1fce9907bb35b2f537a638f47c3e9c6a.jpgScreenshot_20230608_153901_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1fce9907bb35b2f537a638f47c3e9c6a.jpg

• Like 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, bencr said:

For years Teresa said Caroline Manzo ratted her and Joe out, and she said it with great conviction as if there was no doubt. Now Teresa says it was not Caroline Manzo but her brother Joe who ratted her out, and again she says it with great conviction. You don't get to switch stories like that and be taken seriously. 

Caroline Manzo said recently in an interview that was reposted widely, that for years she took the blame for reporting the Giudices to the FBI although she didn't do it, in order to protect those who did. She said she was present when the phone call to the FBI took place. That's why Teresa was saying that Caroline did it.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/caroline-manzo-claims-she-knows-who-called-fbi-on-teresa-giudice/

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, amarante said:

Not sure why you think she was his agent and had significant coercive powers over him.

My friend worked for a talent agent in her 20's and dated some actors but it would be ridiculous to equate her romantic life with the kind of abusive coercive stuff that is done to women and gay men.

Straight women for the most part don't have to coerce men into having sex with them so the power dynamics aren't there for the most part. 

It is not like she was Sue Mengers dangling power and parts to an aspiring actor. 

Delores being boring isn't detrimental in the dynamics of a Housewives show because she remains popular as somewhat representing viewer's attitudes.

The housewives shows need to have at least one cast member like Delores who isn't iconic but just a quiet work horse. 

She has the ability to work with all of the women - sometimes she will briefly have issues but it doesn't consume the screen and based on trivialities - the Fuda/Danielle feud was ridiculous and boring and the Gorga/Guidice feud is so too primally ugly and ultimately boring. If they reconcile for next season, who cares because it is all unreal at this point - and not unreal in an entertaining manner,

You have a point but I liked the fiesty Delores that didn't take crap from anyone but had a soft side for her family and fur babies.

• Like 4
On 6/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, ZettaK said:

But she still decided to use the adoption as a storyline on the show, after she joined, when the kid was 16, and almost an adult, and not years ago when Jayden was young. 

Rachel explained it on WWHL. She married John in 2017 and Jaiden (spelled it  wrong in my initial post) thought it meant he was adopted. They did consult an attorney who told them it would be expensive and complicated - because the birth mother's rights would have to be terminated. You can't just adopt someone else's child. Or lots of step parents would do it. And as long as Jaiden considered Rachel his mom, the paperwork was really just a formality. Maybe he started to press the issue or ask questions as got older and that's why they decided to move forward with formalizing an adoption. Also, they probably had to wait a certain amount of time for it to be considered abandonment for John to file the paperwork to terminate the bio mother's parental rights. Lots of housewives have ridiculous storylines, I think the Fuda's sharing their adoption journey isn't one of them. As for wondering why they're bothering to do it when Jaiden is sixteen ... it's obviously his wish to make it official, so it doesn't matter that he's almost an adult.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

She is paying monthly for the tax debt for years. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teresa-giudice-making-timely-payments-on-tax-debts-amid-lien/

Also since the article from  NorthJersey.com was posted above, this was mentioned there: Teresa paid already $363,000 for the 2011 and 2012 tax years.

Screenshot_20230608_153901_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1fce9907bb35b2f537a638f47c3e9c6a.jpgScreenshot_20230608_153901_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1fce9907bb35b2f537a638f47c3e9c6a.jpg

Seems like she doesn't like paying her taxes unless the IRS makes her do so. I've never had tax liens...why? Because I pay my taxes when they're due. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5