Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Rat in the Street

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

But what would big Frank “bring up” if none of this is true?  I guess we will have to wait to see what happens at the reunion.  

Spoiler

The men (minus Louie, Paulie & Nate) met up before their reunion call time and reportedly came in with a game plan targeting Louie (shared on their Insta stories). That's supposedly why Frank mentioned it and Dolores went off because she knew it wasn't true & was incensed that he'd go that low just to cater to Joey whims.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I think if Jennifer doesn't ease up on Bill, and stop with all that shit about it being Margaret's fault that her 9 year old knows about her parent's intimate relationship; he's gonna move.  And NOT just to the pool house.  I really think she's pushing it with him. Enough already.

I just read the story of Bills and Jennifer’s courtship.  They were both smitten with each other from the beginning.  A beautiful couple.  What happened there?  He went in reverse.  Was she that bad?  Did she lay all her bullshit with the friends on him every night?  Maybe five kids were excessive.  Men hate drama.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

What kind of decorator is Marge?  When they were eating lunch with Fesslers  family, I was getting dizzy from the wallpaper and the flooring.  Everything is so busy looking.

I feel sorry for Paulie having to deal with Frank and the boys, but it looks like he can hold his own.  Doubt he’ll be one of the boys tho.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, snarts said:

So Jen Fessler was cast to be a celebrity name dropper?

Not obvious here. Louie's done nothing to separate Teresa from the Gorgas, they did that themselves. For more than year, we watched Louie try repair the relationship. Many even accused him of not having Teresa's back. After months of extending the olive branch, while they repeatedly turned down invitations and lied about it, he's given up. I don't blame him. 

Someone who wants complete control is not going to encourage therapy and be open to cultivating past relationships, like we've seen him do with Marge and off-camera with Jacqueline.  Louie's weird and red and at times intense, but I don't see isolation or control. 

@heatherchandler Frankie Jr's already refuted the rumor.  Frank bringing it up at the reunion is rumored to get Dolores enraged, off the fence and firmly on the Teresa/Louie side.

image.png.99e7b27bed4de61203b28686e89c302b.png

https://realityblurb.com/2023/04/21/rhonj-frank-catania-reacts-to-rumors-of-bad-business-experience-with-luis-are-teresa-and-dolores-catania-feuding-over-it/

Luis is grooming her. What you've described is phase one. Now that it's done, he's on to the isolation stage. Believe me, this is going to end in tears. Teresa is going to regret having not signed a prenup, which is spectacularly stupid given she has four children, one of whom is only 12. Perhaps all of this being shown on national TV will help her in divorce court.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2

I enjoyed last night’s episode. The show focused on individual cast members rather than presenting an hour devoted to a group fight. Unfortunately, it looks like that is what we will be treated to next week. This was a throwback to the early years of the BH franchises.

We also got some good information. Danielle’s brother doesn’t speak to any member of her family. It looks like she is not the cause of the estrangement. Jaiden wants to be adopted. Dolores’ children like Paul. Paul is serious about Dolores. Margaret likes to entertain strange older women at lunch. The crazier they act, the more Margaret can cover up the fact that she really has nothing to offer the show. The episode was almost Gorga free which was a blessing.

Luis’ temper and red face are concerning. On the other hand, everything he said was true. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I like Paulie and Delores together.  He hit the jackpot with her.  She has a banging body, cooks and is a home woman.  Good for them and good for him.  She will give him a good life.

I like Loooie, kill me.  He knows how to talk to a woman, Joe didn’t.  He takes care of things and has her back.  Louies family is great, not troublemakers like Joe Gorga so it seems.  Loooie is what Teresa needs.  He knows how to talk to her which she never had before.  I just hope he is genuine.  So far, so good.  Hope it stays that way.

Joe and Melissa have zero going on.  Joe is a caveman and Melissa is an opportunist.  Maybe this is the end for them as it looks like Teresa has finally had it.   There’s many families that don’t get along, so have to cut it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

Well, I never said the Gorgas had control over Teresa.  What is said, and what could not be more obvious, is that Lewy's goal is and has always been to separate Teresa from her family  and break those ties so that he has complete control.  And that is what happened.

Somebody can separate their partners from their family and friends very early on in their relationship. It happened to couples we know in our everyday lives. Teresa and Louie are together for years, and they were close to the Gorgas for a long time, they even wanted to become business partners. Teresa and Louie are still very close to Teresa’s daughters, and Teresa is very close to Joe Giudice and his extended family- even Louie is friendly enough with Joe. Teresa is close to all her old friends if you check her social media. I don't see any attempt of isolating Teresa from those. When is it (supposedly) going to happen? Teresa even invited Louie's ex-wife to her house. The only issue they have is with the Gorgas, and this speaks volumes.

Edited by ZettaK
Grammar, etc. The usual.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Luis is grooming her. What you've described is phase one. Now that it's done, he's on to the isolation stage. Believe me, this is going to end in tears. Teresa is going to regret having not signed a prenup, which is spectacularly stupid given she has four children, one of whom is only 12. Perhaps all of this being shown on national TV will help her in divorce court.

Why didn't he "groom" her earlier? One doesn't have to be married for this to happen. They are together for many years. As for isolating her, please see my above post. She is not isolated from anybody. The Gorgas are always the problem, as usual. 

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I like Paulie and Delores together.  He hit the jackpot with her.  She has a banging body, cooks and is a home woman.  Good for them and good for him.  She will give him a good life.

I like Loooie, kill me.  He knows how to talk to a woman, Joe didn’t.  He takes care of things and has her back.  Louies family is great, not troublemakers like Joe Gorga so it seems.  Loooie is what Teresa needs.  He knows how to talk to her which she never had before.  I just hope he is genuine.  So far, so good.  Hope it stays that way.

Joe and Melissa have zero going on.  Joe is a caveman and Melissa is an opportunist.  Maybe this is the end for them as it looks like Teresa has finally had it.   There’s many families that don’t get along, so have to cut it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I just read the story of Bills and Jennifer’s courtship.  They were both smitten with each other from the beginning.

I'm amazed when they flashback pictures of them in their "happy" courtship phase. She was absolutely stunning. No need at all for any plastic surgery. A naturally beautiful face. It's sad. 

• Like 9
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm amazed when they flashback pictures of them in their "happy" courtship phase. She was absolutely stunning. No need at all for any plastic surgery. A naturally beautiful face. It's sad. 

A beautiful couple.  What’s wrong with her that he lost it?  Talks too much?  She expects help from him.  In what way?  He’s a Doctor and is busy and wants to come home and relax.  He’s entitled.  She has help in the house, so what’s she complaining about?  I don’t blame him for decompressing in the boat house.  Being a surgeon is no picnic.  Jennifer has to chill and STFU.  Be grateful for what you have.  Men need pampering too.  I’m married over fifty years and know the score and can talk.  Jennifer has plenty of help in the house.  Stop bitching.  He’s doing his part and more so.  He makes the money, she takes care of the house and kids.  He’s not Superman., and she’s a pain in the ass.  Very spoiled.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, snarts said:

Not obvious here. Louie's done nothing to separate Teresa from the Gorgas, they did that themselves. For more than year, we watched Louie try repair the relationship. Many even accused him of not having Teresa's back. After months of extending the olive branch, while they repeatedly turned down invitations and lied about it, he's given up. I don't blame him. 

Someone who wants complete control is not going to encourage therapy and be open to cultivating past relationships, like we've seen him do with Marge and off-camera with Jacqueline.  Louie's weird and red and at times intense, but I don't see isolation or control. 

@heatherchandler Frankie Jr's already refuted the rumor.  Frank bringing it up at the reunion is rumored to get Dolores enraged, off the fence and firmly on the Teresa/Louie side.

image.png.99e7b27bed4de61203b28686e89c302b.png

https://realityblurb.com/2023/04/21/rhonj-frank-catania-reacts-to-rumors-of-bad-business-experience-with-luis-are-teresa-and-dolores-catania-feuding-over-it/

I think it's "strange" that suddenly Joe Gorga claimed Louie "stole" his idea about the pizza oven (which was not his idea because he stole it from a local pizza restaurant), the pizza ovens were bought with Louie's money, Joe admitted he didn't contribute a penny, but wanted 50% of the profit in the partnership, then he claimed Louie and Dina Manzo's new husband had a falling out regarding a business venture, something that Dina and Dave refuted (there was no falling out, or a business agreement), and now Frank, his ally claimed Louie's business that employed Frankie closed, and Frankie has issues with Louie, something that Frankie and Dolores refuted, as well. Just before the reunion airs, and before Bravo makes decisions about the cast members who are going to film next season. The Gorgas could be on the chopping block, Frank could only film guys night out if Joe remains on the show (and probably nothing else otherwise), and John, and Rachel Fuda are friends with Melissa and Joe. The only ones who are a given are Teresa and Louie. It's not a coincidence that John Fuda, Frank, and Joe Gorga attacked Louie at the reunion during the guys' segment. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

ANOTHER roaring 20s party? How original. Has every franchise had one now?

Brian Moylan does fantastic recaps for New York Magazine - 

From this week's recap

https://www.vulture.com/article/real-housewives-of-new-jersey-recap-season-13-episode-14-rat-in-the-street.html

......we’re getting ready for the final party. This year it’s being hosted by Dolores and Paulie, and he says he wants to throw an Irish party. Okay, that sounds fun. Like Guinness, corned beef, whiskey shots, and U2 on the soundtrack, I’m in. But then he says, “Like a Prohibition, Roaring ’20s party.” Okay, back up. Back up so far that you overstep Ireland and end up somewhere near Bruges. Here at the Real Housewives Institute, we have established that any franchise looking to throw anything resembling a Roaring ’20s, Gatsby, flapper, Prohibition, or speakeasy party must first file a variance petition for permission to reactivate the tritest theme in the Bravo universe. RHONJ has not currently applied for such a petition; even if it did, it would be denied. Calling it an Irish party but then having everyone show up in fringe with cigarette holders does not allow them to skirt the application process. I am going to have to show up at Paulie’s house and give them an Irish hello, which is when you show up, tell everyone they suck, steal half of their booze, and then just go to a bar.

15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Well, he did sort of come around toward the end of dinner.  Frank's really just such a whiney, petulant child.  The way he was interrogating questioning Paul was so rude.  It was like he was Dolores' father instead of her ex-husband.  

And, seriously, just how friggin' stupid/ignorant is Brittany?  How can you get to the age she is (whatever it is - 30-something, 40-something-????) and not know that Ireland is an English speaking country?  She was dead serious when she asked Paul if he had to learn to speak English when he moved here.  Now I know why she's been with Frank for so long~~she's too stupid to know any better.

I will say that Dolores (and, I guess, to some degree, Frank) raised two great kids.  They seem to have their heads on straight, not afraid to work hard and just nice people.

Well I remember when Porsha was viewing some historically significant sites with other housewives and was told a home was a stop on the Underground Railroad and asked where the tracks were and how the train managed to get there.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Why didn't he "groom" her earlier? One doesn't have to be married for this to happen. They are together for many years. As for isolating her, please see my above post. She is not isolated from anybody. The Gorgas are always the problem, as usual. 

How much earlier?

Do you know what grooming actually means. 

It is insidious because - like being boiled slowly so that you don't realize it is being done. 

Typically one would start with the kind of love bombing that Luis did and then start inserting stuff that makes your love bombed victim start isolating from family.

Luis got Teresa to NOT get a prenuptial agreement and I am 100% sure that Teresa thought it was HER idea and not Luis manipulation. 

• Like 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

Lewy is an arch manipulator.  Teresa and her brother had a difficult relationship, but  there was love between them. A lot of the difficulty they have had came from Teresa's obvious need  to get rid of Melissa with lies about her past (Melissa was a stripper, Melissa was out trawling for rich men and never loved Joe, Melissa cheats on Joe, and on and on.)  How can you not have problems  with a family member who is trying to destroy your marriage?   Then Lewy comes along to work every possible angle and drive the Gorgas out so he can be in complete control of Teresa and her $$$. Oh yeah, and the only trouble Guidice had with Teresa was because of Joe Gorga?  Sure. 

The man was describing himself in that tirade!

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Jen Fessler is such a name dropper. I wanted to like her but she seems like an asshole. I didn’t find the quirky twins to be entertaining at all. Marge Sr in her pajamas and Marge Junior in her caftan also suck. Why is she propping that annoying voiced Lexi so much? Who cares? The outdoor shot of that house continues to be one of the ugliest.

I do like Jen F,  possibly because of the contrast between her and some of the others in the cast.  She's upbeat and does seem to have a genuine sense of humor.  She has, however,  she does seem to have been working overtime to grab a "housewife" slot though and doing her utmost to make herself popular and interesting.  I'm still wondering why she wasn't given the title but remained "friend of".  Perhaps not enough drama potential?  

Naturally, Marge has a gathering and the main topic of conversation is gossiping about the casemates she has in her sightline this season.  The only other thing she brings up is what a good friend she is to Lexi...of course the story about her ex-friend divulging secrets putting Marge in a bad light would have nothing at all to do with her wanting to prove how wonderful and loyal she is.

4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I do think where there’s smoke there’s fire.  And I don’t believe anything Teresa anyone in this cast says, ever.

FTFY

5 hours ago, snarts said:

Is he perfect?  Well, nobody is. He certainly seems to have some quirks.  But...I'm guessing he has watched the entire series and poked around the net since becoming part of Teresa's story.  He's probably seen the same things that many of us have seen in regard to Joe and Melissa. He's for sure more astute than T.  Honestly, if it were me in that position I would no doubt be telling my spouse to wake up and cut out the people who have shown themselves to be duplicitous and always talking against them behind their back.  Also, there have been leaked text communications between T, Luis, & the Gorgas which took place while filming was going on for this season which add a lot more flavor to the story. 

5 hours ago, wallies said:

Why didn't we see a picture of Jennifer Fessler's mom and aunt with Barbara Streisand if they were so close?

Ha!  I was thinking the exact same thing!  I even rewound to see if I had missed it.

• Like 9
12 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Run Teresa  for gods  sake run. You said Melissa  is in your brother's  ear. Well take a good long look who is in yours. The guy has a temper, he's  unstable. He winds himself up, and he loses all control. He's going  to marry her, then isolate  her.

True! Wonder how that marriage is going a few months later.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I do like Jen F,  possibly because of the contrast between her and some of the others in the cast.  She's upbeat and does seem to have a genuine sense of humor.  She has, however,  she does seem to have been working overtime to grab a "housewife" slot though and doing her utmost to make herself popular and interesting.  I'm still wondering why she wasn't given the title but remained "friend of".  Perhaps not enough drama potential?  

Naturally, Marge has a gathering and the main topic of conversation is gossiping about the casemates she has in her sightline this season.  The only other thing she brings up is what a good friend she is to Lexi...of course the story about her ex-friend divulging secrets putting Marge in a bad light would have nothing at all to do with her wanting to prove how wonderful and loyal she is.

FTFY

Is he perfect?  Well, nobody is. He certainly seems to have some quirks.  But...I'm guessing he has watched the entire series and poked around the net since becoming part of Teresa's story.  He's probably seen the same things that many of us have seen in regard to Joe and Melissa. He's for sure more astute than T.  Honestly, if it were me in that position I would no doubt be telling my spouse to wake up and cut out the people who have shown themselves to be duplicitous and always talking against them behind their back.  Also, there have been leaked text communications between T, Luis, & the Gorgas which took place while filming was going on for this season which add a lot more flavor to the story. 

Ha!  I was thinking the exact same thing!  I even rewound to see if I had missed it.

I think it was in the movie Yental?  I remember her in the movie being young and singing for the neighbors in their kitchen.  Why no pictures is right.  No camera handy.  No cell phones.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

A beautiful couple.  What’s wrong with her that he lost it?  Talks too much?  She expects help from him.  In what way?  He’s a Doctor and is busy and wants to come home and relax.  He’s entitled.  She has help in the house, so what’s she complaining about?  I don’t blame him for decompressing in the boat house.  Being a surgeon is no picnic.  Jennifer has to chill and STFU.  Be grateful for what you have.  Men need pampering too.  I’m married over fifty years and know the score and can talk.  Jennifer has plenty of help in the house.  Stop bitching.  He’s doing his part and more so.  He makes the money, she takes care of the house and kids.  He’s not Superman., and she’s a pain in the ass.  Very spoiled.

I can’t stand Jennifer and Bill has probably figured out it is way cheaper to keep her. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

True! Wonder how that marriage is going a few months later.

Last night, when Teresa  said she'd  never  seen Louis like this before .I knew she was lying, he's a hot head, and she couldn't  calm him down. I give it a year.

• Like 6
(edited)

Teresa doesn't have to buy clothes for Louie because he is able to scavenge her dead father's wardrobe.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 17
(edited)

Jen is a jerk, yes, but Bill needs to leave her if he's as unhappy with her as people seem to believe. A wealthy, independent adult hiding out in a pool house to get away from his wife and kids is, IMO, pathetic, selfish, irresponsible, and far worse than any of Jen's nonsense. You have a family, Bill--sorry it's that one, but either spend time with them or get a divorce.*

*Unless, of course, they made some kind of arrangement to maintain a marriage-house-kids life regardless of lack of romantic feelings.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

They met in 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Jen is a jerk, yes, but Bill needs to leave her if he's as unhappy with her as people seem to believe. A wealthy, independent adult hiding out in a pool house to get away from his wife and kids is, IMO, pathetic, selfish, irresponsible, and far worse than any of Jen's nonsense. You have a family, Bill--sorry it's that one, but either spend time with them or get a divorce.*

*Unless, of course, they made some kind of arrangement to maintain a marriage-house-kids life regardless of lack of romantic feelings.

Why should Bill leave her. It would only make his life more difficult as he seems to be fine with the current arrangement. 

Except for the cheating episode which Jen chose to theoretically "forgive, Bill is upholding his part in a *traditional* marriage. He earns a lot of money. Even before Jen was earning Housewives money, they led a lavish lifestyle. He isn't abusive - seems to go along with her in terms of being on the show.

If she is looking for something more in a marriage, she should end the marriage but she isn't going to for the foreseeable future because she would also be worse off than if she stayed married. She would have less money than she has now because all she would get would be child support - which of course would be pretty good. Alimony is not typically given especially since she has been earning money for several years.

Shannon Beador didn't emerge from her marriage with loads of money. She got child support and she got a lump sum payment of about $1,000,000. There is nothing to indicate that the Aydins have significant "assets" - they have an expensive home which I bet is mortgaged and I think the costs of running that home - taxes, utilities, household help are very high. I would suspect that lease their cars so no significant value in leased cars. They might have some investments but I wouldn't be surprised if they really didn't but spent most of their money on their lifestyle. 

• Like 2
(edited)

He should leave if (please note my use of "if") he's so unhappy that he hides in a pool house, as should she if she's unhappy -- just like I'd expect my boyfriend to do if that's what he was doing (not that we have a pool house. Or a pool). But blaming only her is gross. The fact/opinion that she sucks in their marriage doesn't mean that he doesn't (especially if his kids are collateral damage while he has to hide from his wife). Unless, as I said, they have some arrangement that states that a sucky marriage is the price they pay for having a house and the appearance of a "nice" life. Sure, he seems nice and even kind of fun and funny -- doesn't mean the bad marriage isn't partly his fault. (And "not abusive" is not synonymous with "good husband." Haha, that would be a pretty low bar). 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 3
18 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Louie freaking gives me the creeps. 

Right? This guy has some serious anger management issues. But he also seems like the typical domestic abuse personality. The facade he put on the first year of their relationship of being passive, kind, giving...sucking up to her daughters, sending Teresa affirmations and going on a lot of one on one vacations and trips that seemed like endless honeymoon type of trips. Then she gets the real Luis just before the wedding...the anger, the rage, the control he is yelling out loud to her about taking her out of the "snakepit"...WOW...red flags Teresa!!! And she looked deflated and visibly upset by Luis's rage a thon. On the other hand...Teresa continuing to have no ownership of her part in the dysfunctional mess between her and her Joe/Melissa is astounding. She has said and done plenty over the years that was full of malice and nastiness. She even repeated her trope that Joe maybe really wasn't to blame for all of this because he's been listening so long to Melissa "chirping in his ear". 

Teresa...always the victim never the aggressor. And now she's tied herself to a guy with an explosive temper and control issues. 

And why is Luis so over tanned and red? Eccchhh.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
Just now, MsMalin said:

...as if the Gorgas didn't use  Tre to make money

Yes...all of the women on this show are using "Tre" to make money...another victimization of "Tre"...poor thing...everyone is using her.

6 hours ago, politichick said:

THANK YOU!!! Luis is a classic groomer...as evidenced by his ragey behavior last night. and Teresa was stupid for not having him sign a pre nup...really stupid. Even Andy Cohen urged her to get one.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Last night, when Teresa  said she'd  never  seen Louis like this before .I knew she was lying, he's a hot head, and she couldn't  calm him down. I give it a year.

He had well documented rage issues with his former wife and had a road rage incident where he got out of his car assaulted the other driver.  But these things are all on the Internet from reliable news sources...I guess Teresa had no interest in looking this shit up because she was busy getting love bombed by him.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Has there ever NOT been a reunion?

According to Rachel Fuda, on WWHL, the reunion has already been taped.

The last RHONY didn’t have a reunion. But you are correct that they taped this one already. 

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

He had well documented rage issues with his former wife and had a road rage incident where he got out of his car assaulted the other driver.  But these things are all on the Internet from reliable news sources...I guess Teresa had no interest in looking this shit up because she was busy getting love bombed by him.

I wonder if Gia or one of the other girls Googled Loooey when he began dating Teresa, these days it seems unlikely that Googling does not happen when you meet someone new.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wonder if Gia or one of the other girls Googled Loooey when he began dating Teresa, these days it seems unlikely that Googling does not happen when you meet someone new.

Right? 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, janiema said:

I enjoyed last night’s episode. The show focused on individual cast members rather than presenting an hour devoted to a group fight. Unfortunately, it looks like that is what we will be treated to next week. This was a throwback to the early years of the BH franchises.

We also got some good information. Danielle’s brother doesn’t speak to any member of her family. It looks like she is not the cause of the estrangement. Jaiden wants to be adopted. Dolores’ children like Paul. Paul is serious about Dolores. Margaret likes to entertain strange older women at lunch. The crazier they act, the more Margaret can cover up the fact that she really has nothing to offer the show. The episode was almost Gorga free which was a blessing.

Luis’ temper and red face are concerning. On the other hand, everything he said was true. 

I am all in favor of starting a Marlena fan club…love that lady!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think it was in the movie Yental?  I remember her in the movie being young and singing for the neighbors in their kitchen.  Why no pictures is right.  No camera handy.  No cell phones.

I am not as old as the twins but still old enough to have been around before there were digital cameras - and even phone cameras.

With a film camera you not only have to actually carry a relatively heavy object but it was relatively expensive to have film developed. At that time it was even more expensive than during the period when you could drop your film off at the drugstore because film processing was expensive.

I had a digital camera early on and even though it solved the issue of development costs, you still have to lug it around and you didn't have it attached to you to capture every moment.

There were relatively few moments recorded on film and this would be especially true of non-special occasions as generally film photography was for a special occasion - party; family gathering or the equivalent. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, snarts said:

ot obvious here. Louie's done nothing to separate Teresa from the Gorgas, they did that themselves. For more than year, we watched Louie try repair the relationship. Many even accused him of not having Teresa's back. After months of extending the olive branch, while they repeatedly turned down invitations and lied about it, he's given up. I don't blame him. 

This!

After his final rant I said out loud “ he may be a bit creepy, but he ain’t lying though”. 

Both Teresa and Joe need someone to pull them out of the toxic relationship they live in together. And rather than cry about it publicly while trashing her privately like Melissa has done for years, Louie is saying no more! And stopping it. I can appreciate a spouse stepping into that shitty job. It’s easy to recognize but not easy to do. I do think this would be more difficult (if not impossible) for Louie to do if the parents were still alive. Tre and Joe were living to please them, that was obvious. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Louie is finally showing his true colors. Many of us pegged him as a fame hungry Dirty John type who would manipulate and isolate Teresa and he’s doing it in front of our very eyes. He also seems coked and roided out all hours of the day. Not a good combination. His rage is just bubbling under the surface and he cannot conceal it any longer. 

I dislike Teresa immensely but even I can empathize with the position she’s in. Melissa was right—For a bride to be, she sure does look miserable.

Rachel and her step-son do seem to have a genuine bond and love for one another but the timing of this planned adoption is still very suspect to me.

• Like 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, amarante said:

How much earlier?

Do you know what grooming actually means. 

It is insidious because - like being boiled slowly so that you don't realize it is being done. 

Typically one would start with the kind of love bombing that Luis did and then start inserting stuff that makes your love bombed victim start isolating from family.

Luis got Teresa to NOT get a prenuptial agreement and I am 100% sure that Teresa thought it was HER idea and not Luis manipulation. 

A lot of men and women lovebomb their partners. It doesn't mean they manipulate, groom, or isolate them, and they don't. As of now (and not according to the show's timeline which is August 2022), Teresa is not isolated from anybody- she just doesn’t communicate with her brother. As for a prenup agreement, we don't know who suggested it. Teresa, with her credit history (bankruptcies, foreclosures, etc ) wouldn't be able to own two relatively expensive houses at the same time (the previous house was sold after the new one was purchased), so Louie helped getting it. Teresa's income is finite, it's connected to the show, and I don't doubt she spends a lot of it on herself, and her four children (who wear only designer clothes, for example), after she pays taxes, etc. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Will there be a reunion?  Will Bravo show the wedding on tv?

The reunion was filmed on the 24th of April.

15 hours ago, politichick said:

They met in 2020. 

Yes, almost 3 years ago, which is a long time. Those who want to manipulate, isolate, etc. do it immediately. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Documented (two arguments with his ex-wife about the children, one of them is autistic, she called the police, there was no physical abuse), but in the past. I'm sure the Giudice daughters checked him online, but they live in the same house for a year and a half with no issues. One if his sons lives with them, and he is close to the girls- they even go to trips together.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Yes, almost 3 years ago, which is a long time. Those who want to manipulate, isolate, etc. do it immediately. 

Louie did manipulate his mark from the beginning - first he targeted and groomed (love bubble); then belittled and broke her down (as we saw on the show); then, even before the wedding, began to isolate her from people.

More isolation and all kinds of abuse - emotional, psychological, perhaps physical was sure to follow. Several months after the wedding, it’s no wonder Teresa was volatile and angry at the reunion taping!

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

Teresa grew up with a verbally abusive dad and had a verbally abusive first husband. Louie might seem wonderful to her right now. I’m still hoping for the best. There are red flags though. I think he meant well but all his therapy speak and hand holding came off patronizing and cringeworthy. 

• Like 9
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Not true. Many do it gradually over the years. 

Two things can be true at the same time 

1. Joe G. Being an asshole with a lot of anger.

And

2. Louie being a manipulator with a lot of anger.

Louie’s treatment of Teresa and actions are so similar to what my ex did - as the weeding got closer, he became more controlling and manipulative.

He was really good at impression management, so my stories of how he was treating me behind closed doors was met with a lot of skepticism by people who should have had my back.

Like Louie, his mask finally slipped now and then.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If I could.....I'd marry this post.  thats how much I love it!

• Like 1

Eh, I just feel that if it is possible for Bill to be driven to avoiding his house and kids (if he's doing the latter and, again, if this is not some agreed-upon arrangement) based on Jennifer's behavior, then maybe Bill has problems of his own regardless of Jennifer. 

• Like 5

Definitely in the "Louis is showing his true colors that many of us suspected from very early on" camp. Last night was an illustration of exactly how the transition goes into more sinister control.  A couple of episodes ago he was all about making the relationship work because of the love she has for her brother. Whatever happened in the interim, now he's dictating to her the reasons why he no longer wants it to work and needs her to end it. Couched in how much he cares about how it's hurting her, of course, but as he spoke he got more and more vehement, more and more worked up, until SHE was trying to soothe him.  

If you watch it again, watch Theresa's face. This was not her normal blank what's going on expression. She was genuinely wary of him and the diatribe he was on. As someone who yields to animal instincts more often than not, it's a shame that she was ignoring one that was actually trying to protect her for once; she'd have recognized that need to pacify his anger is a huge red flag. Instead, to soothe him, she's going to give him anything he wants - after all, he's only asking it because he loves her so much, right?

Next stop, he's going to take some of the pressure off her by helping her with her business/finances. There will be a reason why her agent/manager/financial advisor is not treating her right, and he will step in to solve that problem. 

I give the marriage 2 years and her bankruptcy/ mutual lawsuits 3.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1