Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Chapter Twenty Four - The Return

• Start Topic

That was the most rushed finale I can remember. Especially in the second half, I really felt like narrative boxes were being checked, and then we were hurried on to the next box. The relighting of the forge should have been solemn and grand, and the final scene should have been relaxed and unhurried. Also, destroying Moff Gideon’s clones was…all too easy.

This whole season has been plagued with structural problems and pacing issues. Gorgeous effects, stirring score, but they really need to get a handle on the basic storytelling. Andor spoiled me. 

Edited by Penman61
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

How To Train Your Mythosaur never happened...

No Force Choking????

With all the budget Gideon had... no safety railings around work platforms above a bottomless mineshaft..

How are Mandalorian capes fireproof?

We are Groot Grogu

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

I guess the family that slays together stays together.  Almost nothing about that episode (except the adoption) went the way I thought it would, but the fight scenes were very exciting.

I’m glad Axe turned out to be a solid dude and the Armorer didn’t betray them.  It is like I posted in the last episode thread:  I guess the real second spy was the friends we made along The Way.

The VFX shot of Grogu displacing the flames around Bo and Djarin (guess his surname was Din, mind blown there!) was really beautiful.

Everything after that fire shot was way, way too oddly pat in a way that made me actually suspicious of what I was seeing:  Ragnar swears the creed again as he did in the first episode, with no acknowledgement of his dead father; the IG-11 circuit that was impossible to find all season (stated by many characters to be absolutely impossible to locate) turns up too conveniently in a random bar where Djarin is also solving all his employment problems; they go to Nevarro where Djarin gets every last thing he ever wanted since the time of his parting with Grogu in S2.

It all makes me think of an interview pull quote I saw with Filoni this weekend when he said people would be satisfied with the ending, but then after you sit with it, you start to think about larger goings on in the galaxy (which this ep definitely does not do for me).  And that made me start thinking about this in the context of a mystery-with-clues show (like is Djarin in a coma because his real life has never gone this well all at once).  But this show definitely is not working on multiple levels, so I guess it was just an oddly paced happy ending.

At least our dude got to put his feet up with his kid and relax.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

That was nothing like I expected. And they sure played us with all the big tragedy is coming rumors.  All week dumb me obsessed about who the so-called spies were and there were no spies and nobody betrayed anybody. Okay.

The ending felt like a happy for now ending  that could serve as a happy ending if there were no more.  We are basically back to season 1 status with the big development of Grogu being officially now Din's son. Din is a bounty hunter again, this time for the republic.

Things I did like - Din saving himself, he and Grogu being a great team, all the awesome fighting from Din.  Nobody I care for died. Only Moff Gideon and good riddance to him.

First season we didn't see Din's face even once. I do feel disappointed by that.

Another 2 years wait for season 4?

Should I watch the Ahsoka show? I have never watched either the Clone Wars or the Rebels show.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I hope the Darth Vader wannabe is truly dead.

I enjoyed the season overall, but it has shown this show’s greatest weakness, the story it’s telling is too grand for the 30 minute, 8 episode season format. It leaves everything feeling rushed, the return to Mandalor needed one or two more episodes. 

The show runners would be foolish to put the show on a 2 year hiatus again. I believe what killed the ratings of this show more than anything was the wait and then they changed the scheduling to spring, when the show was originally winter airing. They should learn from network television, changing a show’s schedule kills it. 

Din Grogu!!! 🥰

Edited by notagain
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Was expecting a long episode, I was so surprised when I saw the runtime!

Who knew R5s could fly? Good job buddy! That gladiator fight between the shields was impressive but still a bit silly. I'm always amazed at how Star Wars tech is so high- and so low tech at the same time. The security, for one, seems to be nil. 

Last episode's title seems very misguided. All that speculation for nothing. 

Ohh pretty caves! But I wanted (more of) the Mythosaur. 

OK so Moff Gideon could literally see exactly where Din (Djarin I guess) and Grogu were on his neat little map... and still he didn't stop them before they could destroy the clones? Such a martyr. And a drama queen.

The Din family's new house was SO cute. A frog pond for Din!Grogu and a Star Wars version of a picket fence/foot rest. Wonder how long that will last. But as other commenters said, it seemed almost too happy and neat. A fever dream, or a version of the afterlife (not that I think that's the route the creators are going by any means).

dingrogu.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, notagain said:

I enjoyed the season overall, but it has shown this show’s greatest weakness, the story it’s telling is too grand for the 30 minute, 8 episode season format.

Last week’s episode was 8 or 9 minutes longer, I think, and was much better for it.

I’ve got to hand it to the composer for taking the score to an 11 this episode. That dude did not hold back.

One cute moment that I liked was when Grogu was spraying IG-12’s bacta all over Djarin after Grogu rescued him. He’s saying he’s okay, but Grogu is just going to town to make sure dad is okay. How did Grogu get to him, though?  He and everyone else were trapped behind the blast door.

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

the IG-11 circuit that was impossible to find all season  turns up too conveniently in a random bar where Djarin is also solving all his employment problems;

So much prep work was done for the aborted Cara Dune spinoff [the bar is on an X-Wing base] that parts of the backdoor pilot could not be thrown out...

• Useful 3

Yeah...compared to what I was hearing all over the 'Net, the episode was...anticlimactic. The only beloved character I saw "die" was...the Darksabre? And couldn't/shouldn't Bo-Katan build her own/rebuild it herself? It looked to me like the outside was broken, but did the kybercrystals survive? (BTW, I have not seen any of Rebels or Clone Wars so I don't know if making the Darksabre was a different process than the usual creation of a lightsabre.)

If anyone thinks Moff Gideon is really dead they got another thing coming. Did we see a body? Would F&F get rid of a great character like that being played by a revered and beloved actor like Mr. Esposito? Unless he's asked for his character to be killed off not likely. And I'd love it if, when we see him again, he had half his face blown off. I realize that we're supposed to see

Spoiler

Grand Admiral Thrawn

in future episodes but still...I think Moff Gideon is still waiting in the wings ready to stir up more trouble.

Way to go Din Grogu being his own awesome self!

And we got to see Appa again!

And all hail the return of IG-11!

That's all for now.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Is Gideon some sort of super soldier himself or was his armor mechanized somehow?  He really put up too much of a fight against Mando and Bo and I wouldn't think someone with normal hand strength can just crush the Darksaber handle.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, notagain said:

I hope the Darth Vader wannabe is truly dead.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of his Force sensitive clones survived. Then again, we all speculated the worst for this episode, and it ended with Din relaxing on the porch while his son played happily in the front yard.

14 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

He really put up too much of a fight against Mando and Bo and I wouldn't think someone with normal hand strength can just crush the Darksaber handle.

Seriously. What a piece of junk! Maybe Grogu will rebuild it with proper Jedi finesse. Although all of Anakin's light saber hilts broke too, so...

• Like 2
13 hours ago, vadare said:

in future episodes but still...I think Moff Gideon is still waiting in the wings ready to stir up more trouble.

The easiest explanation is that O.G. Gideon was never on Mandalore... One of the 1.0 clones did all the fighting.

However, this expensive failure likely means no more money- so he cannot fund meaningful opposition to anyone

12 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Seriously. What a piece of junk! Maybe Grogu will rebuild it with proper Jedi finesse. 

Next season will be a 10 minute montage of Grogu inspecting, then discarding Khyber Crystals until Daddy snaps...

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

See i liked the episode.  I spent the whole time worrying who was going to die of our heroes. 

The only opportunity the missed was not having Djarin take his helmet off at the end since he was with his son!! 

I felt this season was leading to Djarin (so weird to type that) acknowledging Grogu as his son.

There are enough adventures in store for them I like they can take a breather. 

I think when it comes time Grogu and Dad will figure their own way to walk the way of the Mandalore without constant helmet wearing.

Edited by callmebetty
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

I know they wanted to kinda close this season but I am very surprised they didn't add:

Spoiler

A post-credits scene of Thrawn's ship (fleet) jumping out of hyperspace.  Even a 10 second clip of his ship and then a quick shot of him on the bridge.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Msample said:

That sure felt like a possible series finale if they decide to end it after this season.

I just finished watching and thought the same exact thing.  But Favreau said that he's written Season 4; I'm wondering if this is a contingency plan if Pedro pulls out.  

I loved this episode.  I, too, was wondering who was going to die.  I was happy to see that neither Axe nor the Armorer were traitors, and I thought Axe was going to die in a kamikaze mission.  I guess I forgot about his jet pack.  

I also love that it's come full circle, back to just Din Djarin and Din Grogu, going on Daddy and Me adventures.  I was disappointed that Mando didn't take off his helmet when he was alone at his cabin; he easily could have.  That was the most disappointing moment of the episode, but I'll get over it.

I also want to rewatch it, because as asked above - just how did IG-12 Grogu find Mando and save him when all of the others were escaping to regroup?  Did he go rogue on his own?  I can't really believe that Bo would have let him do that, so he must have snuck off.  And where did R5 come from?  But yay for saving the day!  Did we see him around the forge at the end?  He made it, right?  He should have been with Mando on Nevarro at the end...

• Like 15

I really loved this season. I even did a quick skim of S2 eps before this episode, and I prefer the pacing and scale of this one overall though S2 had its moments and eps.

However, this episode felt a bit rushed and preferred the previous episode. They really should have given it 10 more mins because it was a lot of action and tying up some loose ends. There was not enough room to breath and absorb all that happened to the characters. We only get a couple mins of the Mandalorians post action. I've grown attached to Bo-Katan and the other Mandalorians and wanted more from them. I hope and guess we will visit them again to see how the rebuilding work is going.

As for the speculation about the spies from last episode, I was inclined to the 12 Spies of Canaan theory because of all the Judaism and Old Orthodox metaphors. So I'm glad no one got betrayed or died but it did miss out.

The final shot was great and it did feel like a series finale in a good way. Hopefully, we'll see the Mandalorian and Grogu make an experience in Ahsoka and the new movie. I'll watch it even though I didn't watch Rebels and only watched a few eps of Clone Wars. I like what Filoni and Favreau are doing with the TV shows overall. It's not perfect but there have been some good and fun episodes on all these shows so I'll keep going.

• Like 4

I enjoyed the episode and the season overall. It was really just a transition season to set the board for now. I’m fine with that. I am excited about what they have set up for next season. 

I have to laugh that nearly every spoiler ended up being wrong. 

5 hours ago, notagain said:

I believe what killed the ratings of this show more than anything was the wait and then they changed the scheduling to spring, when the show was originally winter airing.

The report of the ratings drop is really inaccurate due to most of the people reporting them not understanding how streaming shows numbers are reported. When you take into account episode length, the first two episodes were on par with the second season and even a little higher. The third episode was the longest and had higher total numbers than all but two weeks last season. 

1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

Is Gideon some sort of super soldier himself or was his armor mechanized somehow?  He really put up too much of a fight against Mando and Bo and I wouldn't think someone with normal hand strength can just crush the Darksaber handle.

It was mechanized. He was wearing modified dark trooper armor that we saw in last seasons finale with a beskar upgrade. 

this season was pretty uneven, though mostly enjoyable IMO. What's with the jet/rocket packs? in one episode they don''t have the range to chase a space-roc and in this they can take a guy into orbit.

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

I thought it was okay. It tied up all the plots so far and set up the new premise. I'm really glad though they announced at Celebration in London that one of the planned movies will be the final culmination of all the Favreau and Filoni live action shows  It let's fans know tells "Do not expect anything really major in terms of overall lore until the big screen!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

this season was pretty uneven, though mostly enjoyable IMO. What's with the jet/rocket packs? in one episode they don''t have the range to chase a space -roc and in this they can take a guy into orbit.

Yes, and while the battle by jetpack was cool to watch, all I could think about was whether they found the Imperial jet fuel stash to tap off of after spending so much time flying around Mandalore before they got there.

Count me among those who don't think Moff Gideon is dead yet. His "you killed all my beautiful clones!" speech suggests me that he is lying and at least one was being made off-site. Some Imperial rescue squad is going to pick up the burnt toast that remains of Moff Gideon Actual and they'll use Space Voodoo to transfer his mind into the force-sensitive clone.

The VFX work in this episode was amazing. This is a TV show with movie-quality effects. The score was pretty good here too. It doesn't jump out at me quite like Andor's score does but I do notice it from time to time. The title seemed a little more intense than usual.

The Mandalorian Adoption Agency has quite flexible rules. Seems to be "if you can keep it alive, it's yours". Meanwhile, sorry Ragnar, you don't get to be an apprentice for staying home babysitting.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop at the end but I guess we'll set the next bad guys up in the first episode of next season. And we're back to adventure of the week!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

If we didn´t know any better, I would have thought this was a series finale... we do know better, right?

I'm thinking about all those fanfics calling him Din on a first-name basis, gonna have to change that to Djarin I guess. Which reminds me, someone in last week's episode asked whether Din Djarin was his birth name or if he took it from his master. I do wonder now if he was also adopted and took that name. Or maybe  this is because they don´t know Grogu's last name or if his parents are even alive. 

I was so sure someone major was gonna kick the bucket, I did fear for Bo Katan for a moment there (specially about that whole "your song isn´t finished yet" last week; we see anvils everywhere)and was surprised about the way he just crushed that sabre. 

Angst-free finale and face hidden, yeah Pascal could walk out of this show if he wanted I guess. But I don´t think the show could do it without Grogu.

And please let Moff Gideon be dead. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, minamurray78 said:

If we didn´t know any better, I would have thought this was a series finale... we do know better, right?

Yes. Season 4 has already been written so at least 4 seasons and a movie. 

Minor gripe: The scene with Din Djarin and Carson Tiva was SO STILTED! The lines and their delivery were so flat, and even the camera placement/blocking were just...off.

One way you know you're in a top-tier show is that the exposition is more than just obvious exposition. This show needs work on that.

• Like 1

I genuinely was afraid they were going to kill Bo so I'm glad she's alive. Also that the Armorer wasn't a traitor as some theorized since last week.

I get fans wanted it to be the Empire Strikes Back, but you need to have a "A New Hope" happy ending first and this was it.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Did we see him around the forge at the end?  He made it, right?  He should have been with Mando on Nevarro at the end...

I’m pretty sure that I saw R5 in the N-1 Starfighter at the end.

That Praetorian Guard fight with Djarin and Grogu was my favorite fight choreography of the episode.  The way they had Grogu meaningfully helping Djarin defeat those guys (swiping away the lasso thing or shielding them both when Djarin got knocked down) really made them feel like a great team, especially when we learned last week that 1 Mandalorian likely cannot defeat 3 guards on their own. 

I’m just glad that Djarin and Grogu ended up with their happily ever after.  That’s all I really wanted from this show.  And if they do have some fun little S4 adventures or get pulled into the intended eventual movie, there is a setup for them to just go back to doing their thang on Nevarro when it’s all it over.

• Like 14
3 hours ago, KeithJ said:

If you rewatch you'll hear the sound of motors when he does anything powerful like knock Din back 20ft or crush the Dark Sabre. So yeah the suit was motorized.

So how come Gideon refers to Din as "The Mandalorian"? And Carl Weathers does too. I'd get that if Din was the only Mando you ever came across but that's not the case for these two, they have been up to their armpits in Mandos but call Din by that name.

Overall I have to give this finale as "meh." There were no spies? Din didnt take his helmet off when chilling with his son at his cabin? Come on. I guess Pedro was really busy when this filmed. The action scenes were good, especially Din's fight scenes, but overall the whole thing was a bit rushed and had no plot twists or Mythosaur. Solid C.

Edited by tv-talk
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

So how come Gideon refers to Din as "The Mandalorian"? And Carl Weathers does too. I'd get that if Din was the only Mando you ever came across but that's not the case for these two, they have been up to their armpits in Mandos but call Din by that name.

I think it all stems from the first season when no one knew his name and he wouldn't tell anyone his name.  Greef Karga just called him Mando, although we know that Moff Gideon knew his real name and still does.  Din Djarin isn't the only Mandalorian anymore, but he's still the main character.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, callmebetty said:

The only opportunity the missed was not having Djarin take his helmet off at the end since he was with his son!!

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I was disappointed that Mando didn't take off his helmet when he was alone at his cabin; he easily could have.  That was the most disappointing moment of the episode, but I'll get over it.

18 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

Din didnt take his helmet off when chilling with his son at his cabin?

Isn't Din still part of the sect that believes he shouldn't take his helmet off in front of others?  Even family?  The Mandos merged but they still seem to follow in their own ways.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

Isn't Din still part of the sect that believes he shouldn't take his helmet off in front of others?  Even family?  The Mandos merged but they still seem to follow in their own ways.

Yes. There are some who believe that family is an exception to the helmet rule but the show has never said that it is. Next season should answer that definitively. 

18 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

He is, but they all seem to have zero problem with Bo as their leader now so I suspect some softening must be going on. Either that or the Armorer is their true leader despite them pledging allegiance to Bo. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Dani said:

Yes. There are some who believe that family is an exception to the helmet rule but the show has never said that it is. Next season should answer that definitively. 

25 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

He is, but they all seem to have zero problem with Bo as their leader now so I suspect some softening must be going on. Either that or the Armorer is their true leader despite them pledging allegiance to Bo. 

Plus, did everyone notice that when Ragnar re-did his oath, the Armorer left out the "never show your face" part?  He said the oath he'd already completed, and then she poured the water and they were done.  I'm thinking that might be important later on...

• Like 7
  • Useful 6
36 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

It’s basically their religion. I can’t see them being comfortable taking it off even if they support Bo has their leader. The Armorer is still their spiritual leader. 

So Grogu broke off from the group and went to find his Dad.Thought it was odd no reaction from Bo when she let the others go forward like where is the kid.

Heartwarming Grogu spraying Djarin down with bacta but also sad because it shows a great fear. He kept spraying even after Djarin said he was fine.

Bye bye Moff...maybe? I am thinking a severly burnt Moff will return or that clone who woke up survived.

Djarin fully embraced fatherhood. I think it was great especially for Grogu who has seen enough bad things to have a little cabin in a quiet area where they can call home for the time being/between bounties.

• Like 12
5 hours ago, vadare said:

If anyone thinks Moff Gideon is really dead they got another thing coming. Did we see a body? Would F&F get rid of a great character like that being played by a revered and beloved actor like Mr. Esposito? Unless he's asked for his character to be killed off not likely.

Yeah, they'll bring him back and  we'll find out he's a Targaryen.

The last scene seemed like a series ending to me, but I see someone upthread mentioned a Season 4 in the works.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

I laughed at the little toaster robot when it activated its emergency lights, and then scurried off and came back with reinforcements 😄

I noticed one of them went yeeting off the ledge when R5 took off, I'm pretty sure he can count that as a kill.

Axe Woves may not understand flanking (as also demonstrated in the space battle as well where his tactics were very... linear) but he sure understands fuel efficiency! I hope he teaches the other Mandos how to install the range extender on their jetpacks. Minor Andor spoiler:

Spoiler

Maybe Axe used to work at that Imperial Fuel Bureau we saw in Andor and he left because of his obnoxious try-hard coworker. Would the timing line up for that?

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Plus, did everyone notice that when Ragnar re-did his oath, the Armorer left out the "never show your face" part?  He said the oath he'd already completed, and then she poured the water and they were done.  I'm thinking that might be important later on...

I wish they had addressed the helmets issue a bit. I don't need them to spend a whole episode on fundie Mando creed and how it impacts the newcomers but I'd like to hear something about it. Hey Mandos, since we've got the living waters right here and we're using them as our water supply, go ahead and take your helmets off. This is (technically) the way.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

I'm thinking about all those fanfics calling him Din on a first-name basis, gonna have to change that to Djarin I guess. Which reminds me, someone in last week's episode asked whether Din Djarin was his birth name or if he took it from his master. I do wonder now if he was also adopted and took that name. Or maybe  this is because they don´t know Grogu's last name or if his parents are even alive. 

It could work like old Nordic names, where your surname is made up of your father's (or mother's) name + -son/-dottir. So, Ander's son is Anderson. And, in this instance, surname first. So if Grogu has a kid the kid's name would be Grogu xxx. Pure speculation, I'm sure the likeliest possibility is that Din is the surname, Djarin the given name. HOWEVER, look at Bo-Katan, where "Kryze" is obviously her surname – "of house Kryze" and so on. Her father was named Adonai Kryze. So different rules for different Mandalorians? Hmm...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

Angst-free finale and face hidden, yeah Pascal could walk out of this show if he wanted I guess. But I don´t think the show could do it without Grogu.

Unless he actively dislikes playing the character, I don't see why he would. The show is set up in such a way that he can be the lead in a Star Wars show and still be free to do other projects. Even if the Children of the Watch start getting a little more flexible with the creed, I don't think we'd see Din much without his helmet anyway (I've only just gotten comfortable calling him "Din" instead of "Mando," I can't pivot to "Djarin" right away!) It's been the only life he's known for so long, and let's face it, his armor/helmet is a big part of what many fans love about him. So yeah, Pedro Pascal can do other projects, act on set when he's available, do voice acting when he's not, and give us the occasional helmet-off scene. Win win!

Lol, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni must've started getting nervous when they saw all the fans speculating last week about who else could be a spy. Whoops!

It definitely could've been a good ten minutes longer, but I enjoyed it. I'm glad that Din was able to fight back after his capture, and that he and Grogu worked together throughout the episode. Loved Din fighting the Troopers between the security barriers, Din and Grogu teaming up against the Praetorian Guard, and Din and Grogu coming to help Bo-Katan face off against Moff Gideon. Grogu protecting them from the explosion was a lovely moment.

I'm glad they were able to finally repair IG-11--hope we'll see him now and again on Navarro. But you know, guys, nothing's stopping you from also building mechanical arms and a speech device to attach to Grogu's pod--it doesn't have to be an either/or thing.

• Like 9

So no spies? That wasn't what I was expecting. Although its nice to have a win so everyone can keep on fighting another day.  The only loss was the darksaber. An no one seemed to care. 

Maybe Djarin (who knew that was his first name. I guess the Cult Mandalorians went with the Asian way of surname first) can call Ahsoka and have her speak for Grogu. Since who knows how long he'll be non-verbal. 

Was Grogu communicating with the Mythasaur? 

I guess on to the Ahsoka show. She's my favorite Star Wars character so I can't wait. 

19 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Was I the only one expecting Grogu to say something cute? Glad they didn't go that route.

Nope! I thought he might bust out a little “This is the way” when they were at the living waters, but that would have been a little too cute.

• Like 4

The Armorer: "Sorry, Grogu, but the only way you can be a Mandalorian is if we get permission from your parents or if someone else is willing to be your paternal figure instead."

Pedro Pascal:  "Did someone say something about being a parental figure to a wayward child?!!  Perfect!!  I'm an expert at that!"

I haven't really been paying much attention to the online stuff, so I didn't know that many were expecting big twists and possibly tragedy here.  So, I was fine with the finale for the most part.  I do think it was rushed and the writing is definitely hit or miss, but I don't mind this having a straightforward but entertaining resolution.  The villain is vanquished (for now?), no major losses for any of the heroes (surprised all of the secondary Mandalorians made it out in one piece), and everyone seems to be in a better place for now.  The Mandalorions reclaim their planet, Nevarro gets its marshal, the New Republic gets a new ally, and Djarin and Grogu have a nice little cabin and even a steady job now!  Plus, again: Djarin is now officially a dad!

While being incinerated is normally hard to walk back from, I still wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last we've seen of Moff Gideon.  Wouldn't be surprised if he had more clones stored away elsewhere.  Hell, maybe this Moff we saw wasn't even the real Moff.  But if anyone is capable from coming back from the dead, it would certainly be on this show.  Just look at IG-11!

Still miss Paz, but Axe is certainly making for a good replacement as the "Badass Mandalorian who shouldn't be messed with."  Dude basically turned a ship into his own personal rocket and still had an exit strategy to get out of there before the explosion!

We did lose the Dark Saber though.  Kind of surprised that happened.

All of the action/battle sequences were top-notch.  They really do capture movie quality work on this show.  To be fair, we know this show certainly isn't cheap!  Got to love that Disney money!

Looking forward to hopefully seeing more of Djarin and Grogu back to their more bounty hunting ways next season, with the twist of them mainly working for just the New Republic.  All in all, while this season (and show in general) has its flaws, I still find it to be highly enjoyable.  Sometimes, I just like diving into the Star Wars Universe and watching Space Dad and Son deal with whatever crazy stuff is tossed their way! 

• Like 11

I really enjoyed this episode,  loved the Grogu/Dearing team up. Loved the Bo Katan/Moff Gideon scene. Was happily surprised that Axe Woves not only went all ramming speed but, had a survival plan.

The scene with Grogu funneling the fire around Bo/Djarin brought back serious Kanan memories...still not over it.

I know the base scene was all setup for the aborted Rangers or the New Republic bbut hey could make it work. Heck, give me Zeb and Callis leading the Rangers and I'm sold.

BTW, that was Feloni in the background of the "bar" scene, right?

The last 2 episodes were great, IMO. I've also enjoyed the Season for the most part. However, I think S2 and 2.5 😄 were better.  Hopefully,  next season goes back to basics with Grogu and Djarin on side quests

• Like 2