Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Ghost Father of the Bride

Neptune
  • Start Topic

“Ghost Father of the Bride” – After learning that Pete’s daughter, Laura (Holly Gauthier-Frankel), is getting married, Sam, at Pete’s behest, tries to convince her to hold her wedding at Woodstone B&B. Also, Alberta and Isaac team up to solve the mystery of what happened to Crash’s (Alex Boniello) head. April 13

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I thought yesterday was Thursday and turned to CBS and thought my local area was not showing Ghosts because of sports and I was MAD! I was greatly relieved when I realized it was Wednesday. LOL

I don't want to miss a Pete episode. They always make me cry.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I don't want to miss a Pete episode. They always make me cry.

Given what this episode will be about, I have tissues at the ready. 

1 hour ago, Neptune said:

image.thumb.jpeg.030cafef08bd385b99c69696e97dacd5.jpeg

I want a copy of this to hang on my wall :D. 

• Like 4

Next New Episode:  April 27, 2023        
Alex Boniello as Crash
Holly Gauthier-Frankel as Laura, Pete's daughter
Caroline Aaron as Carol Martino, Pete's Wife
ghosts-season-2-episode-19d.jpg

Hudson Robert Wurster as Little Pete, Laura's son
Francis Martins as Brian

• Like 2

Nice to have Pete at the center of the episode; he's one of my favorites.  Very sweet that Jay will do anything for his best bud, even if he can't see or hear him.  I know part of the show's humor depends on his not being able to see the ghosts but I wish he could just for a short time--even an hour--if only so that he and Pete could truly connect.

But how did a nice guy like Pete end up marrying someone like Carol? She's not very nice--hard to imagine what attracted him to her in the first place.  But from the way he yelled at her during the flashback maybe the marriage was already on the rocks even while he was still alive.

• Like 17

Sam really goes above and beyond for the ghosts, making herself look like an idiot and potentially hurting the B&B's reputation.  And I knew the forgery wasn't going to work because Little Pete reads the thing over and over (not to mention Sam and Jay aren't skilled forgers as far as we know).

Jay out of the loop was funny as always.  "Ok, let's report a triple homicide." "Seriously, I need more frequent updates."

And, it must be weird for him not knowing when ghosts are watching him. He should assume always.

Hetty's description of what she would have done with the head was a bit scary and Isaac and Alberta plotting the next crime was almost as horrifying.

• Like 19
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

Hetty's description of what she would have done with the head was a bit scary

Isaac looked a bit rattled by that, too :D! Elias might consider himself comparatively lucky to have died when and how he did, let's just put it that way. 

4 minutes ago, PaulE said:

But how did a nice guy like Pete end up marrying someone like Carol? She's not very nice--hard to imagine what attracted him to her in the first place.  But from the way he yelled at her during the flashback maybe the marriage was already on the rocks even while he was still alive.

They had a fight the day Pete died, over donut holes, of all things, so... 

But yeah, I have so many questions about their history together, too. 

• Like 8

Sam and Jay will do whatever they can to help the ghosts, even if it makes them seem a bit crazy to other people. I had to laugh when it turned out that the flowers were orchids all along and Pete was misremembering. Not surprised they got busted by Little Pete since he apparently loves reading the Pinecone Trooper manual. I thought it would turn out that Little Pete could see the ghosts since we know some kids can see them, but nope. At least Pete got to see Laura get married. That was a very sweet moment.

I love that Isaac was the one to hide Crash's head simply because he was bored and wanted a mystery to solve but then got distracted by other things and forgot about it. And Hetty is scary, damn. She really had a whole plan about how she would do it. Don't cross her! I loled at Flower tossing Crash's head because he was annoying her while she was watching TV. Never come between any of the ghosts and their TV time.

Edited by phalange
  • Like 23

After seeing previews I really didn't know what the point was of bringing Crash back.  But we got to see Pony and Bangs in action, so it was all worth it!  I sorta figured from the very beginning it was Isaac, seeing how he jumped up so quick to spearhead the investigation.  But his forgetting about Crash was pretty funny, because, you know, there was a new season of Bake Off. 

1 minute ago, BusyOctober said:

Did I miss an episode or five?? Who the hell is/was Crash?  I thought I had watched every episode in both seasons, but I either missed his storyline, or I need to see my doctor about my sudden memory loss.

Crash was at least in the pilot, maybe one other episode very early on.  And then I think he hasn't shown up again until now.  If you blinked you missed him.  Don't feel bad.

The UK version had a headless guy, too.  But he was a more regular character, with a full backstory.  Hetty's equivalent dated him for a little while. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, chaifan said:

But his forgetting about Crash was pretty funny, because, you know, there was a new season of Bake Off. 

Our Isaac is nothing if not self-absorbed—taken to an insane level because how the hell could you forget about hiding someone’s head FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR?!?

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Did I miss an episode or five?? Who the hell is/was Crash?  I thought I had watched every episode in both seasons, but I either missed his storyline, or I need to see my doctor about my sudden memory loss.

As I recall he appeared at the beginning (maybe just the first episode or two?) and then we didn’t really see him other than his body wandering around in the background on occasion

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

So Crash's head was in a tree stump in a little-visited part of the woods...where has his body been?

Wandering around in the background of the mansion I think

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, DanaK said:

As I recall he appeared at the beginning (maybe just the first episode or two?) and then we didn’t really see him other than his body wandering around in the background on occasion

I think he was in an episode (just his body) when Thor and Flower was discussing who might be a possible third person in their relationship.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, PaulE said:

Our Isaac is nothing if not self-absorbed—taken to an insane level because how the hell could you forget about hiding someone’s head FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR?!?

This is the same guy who, when trying to covertly spy on the guy he had a crush on, decided it would be a totally good idea to point a freaking rifle in his direction. So, yeah. This behavior totally tracks, LOL. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 15

Was that the same actor who played Crash in the pilot? I love the idea of randomly finding his head. Maybe once or twice a season. I don’t think o could take much more of him than that though. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, chaifan said:

Crash was at least in the pilot, maybe one other episode very early on.  And then I think he hasn't shown up again until now.  If you blinked you missed him.  Don't feel bad.

He was also in the epi where Flower and thor get together (sans head).  He agreed to be their third.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Katy M said:

Sam really goes above and beyond for the ghosts, making herself look like an idiot and potentially hurting the B&B's reputation.

I'm getting a bit tired of this scenario. We already saw it with the tree. I guess Sam being a puppet of the ghosts is going to be the equivalent of "getting off the island" for Gilligan's Island.

How do you retain your sanity when your head is stuck in a dark (I assume) hole in a tree for a year? Crash doesn't strike me as the meditative type.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Was that the same actor who played Crash in the pilot?

No. An actor named Hudson Thames played Crash in the pilot episode. Alex Boniello played him in this episode. I often wondered if maybe they dropped the character because the original actor wasn't available after the pilot was filmed. Also, he didn't have a New Yawk accent in the pilot and looked younger. I did get a kick out of the accent and the slang, though. Loved him calling Sam "Toots" and referring to Hetty as a "skirt."

We saw his body wander by in the background in the Season 1 episode "Dinner Party" and we saw his body again in the episode where Flower suggested to Thor using him as their third. That's it. I assume we're meant to think he's always just wandering around somewhere offscreen. Interesting that Isaac said it's been a year since he threw the head in the woods, but it was after Sam and Jay moved in, because there was no TV prior to that.

I was impressed they were able to use the same actress who played Laura in Season 1, since it was such a small part, and even more impressed the same little boy played Little Pete in that episode. He didn't even have any lines and we only saw him briefly, in the distance. It makes me wonder if they cast those parts last year with the intention of bringing them back on a recurring basis.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 7
  • Useful 6
11 hours ago, ajsnaves said:

Was that the same actor who played Crash in the pilot? I love the idea of randomly finding his head. Maybe once or twice a season. I don’t think o could take much more of him than that though. 

Now that’s an interesting question. Could have been anyone doing those walk-on appearances until they decided the type of character they wanted. 

• Like 3

I liked Crash and the shout out to the Price is Right. I don't know why Laura allowed her mother to plan the wedding Sam should have consulted with her and not her mother. It was fun seeing Alberta and Isaac team up.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I did get a kick out of the accent and the slang, though. Loved him calling Sam "Toots" and referring to Hetty as a "skirt."

That particular slang should place Crash in the late 1940s, early 50s, right? 

• Like 4

Sam and Jay really need to work on seeming less crazy when they're trying to fulfill the ghosts latest requests, but I do love how down they are to help the ghosts out. Pete getting to see his daughters wedding was just as sweet as I knew it would be, I'm so glad that he got to be there in his own way. Cant really blame Laura and Carole for being creeped out by Sam and Jay writing in Pete's journal, that was a close one there. I got some real feels when Pete got to walk his daughter down the aisle and when she mentioned that cute memory from when she was a kid. 

I legitimately got chills when Hetty was describing how she would have disposed of Crash's head if she was the one who stole it, I would never screw with her. Nigel better watch his back if their feud escalates. I also love how much she seemed to be vibing with Carol, they seem to be cut from the same clothe. "Preach it sister." 

We finally get to see the mysterious Crash again and solve the mystery of his missing head! Alberta and Isaac solving the case was as hilarious as it was awesome, although I didn't expect it to be Isaac himself who was the culprit until he specifically mentioned that Crash was watching The Price Is Right. Then Alberta caught him Columbo style! Hopefully Pony and Bangs can solve another case together, I would totally watch that show. 

I always forget that Sass has probably been there for about every death on the property except for Thor's, that must be pretty messed up, no wonder he's always looking for petty drama to entertain himself. 

"I had nightmares for weeks."

"Yes, that must have been really difficult for you." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 13
  • LOL 2

This was fun. I'll take a Pony and Bangs spinoff please and thank you.

Jay. I just love him more all the time. And accidentally slapping Trevor instead of high-fiving Pete like he thought, and then telling him he had it coming for romancing his sister was hilarious. And yes, Sam really should update him more often because he is absolutely right about the silences - that's when the drama really starts happening! 😂

Poor Flower, about to take the wrap for Isaac. But I so agreed with her decision to shut Crash up, so it's a wash? 🤷🏽‍♀️🤭

I really want some flashbacks to our ghosts before Sam and Jay arrived. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I didn't expect it to be Isaac himself who was the culprit until he specifically mentioned that Crash was watching The Price Is Right.

I was pretty sure Isaac was guilty of throwing Crash's head in the tree stump as soon as Isaac announced they would solve the mystery because Brandon Scott Jones (together with the director and camera person)  kept almost breaking the 4th wall to the audience.
Momentarily I considered Thor having tossed the head because Thor Jealous Of Crash Kissing Flower and because Thor is known to do violent physical acts.
But Brandon Scott Jones kept doing these little knowing glances.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, PaulE said:

Nice to have Pete at the center of the episode; he's one of my favorites.  Very sweet that Jay will do anything for his best bud, even if he can't see or hear him.  I know part of the show's humor depends on his not being able to see the ghosts but I wish he could just for a short time--even an hour--if only so that he and Pete could truly connect.

Yeah Carol does seem like a tough pill to swallow 

My guess is he just demured and did whatever she wanted. She found him easily manipulated and like the power in the relationship.   An unequal marriage he probably felt he couldn't do any better and she likely felt she couldn't find anyone so easily coerced to mostly her desires. 

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

That particular slang should place Crash in the late 1940s, early 50s, right? 

That and his outfit.  Looks straight out of the gang from grease. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

was pretty sure Isaac was guilty of throwing Crash's head in the tree stump as soon as Isaac announced they would solve the mystery because Brandon Scott Jones (together with the director and camera person)  kept almost breaking the 4th wall to the audience.

Actually, I wasn't so intuitive.  I kept wondering why Isaac was turning into Perry Mason--as if, in the long run, it really mattered who'd hidden Crash's head, as long as someone finally found it.  Of course, by the end it made sense: he was trying to make sure no one would suspect him.  Not nice.  Honestly, Isaac deserves his ghost power.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:
7 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I feel like Sam should really be better at some of the ghost-covering by now.

Or else she should be stark raving mad by now.

The madness thing is on point.  Think about it:  Sam can see all ghosts, not just those at the mansion.  So that means wherever she goes--stores, theaters, even just driving on the highway--she's looking at and listening to God knows who.  Having a bad day and would prefer not dealing with disembodied spirits at the moment?  Doesn't matter, Sam.  Disgusting or obnoxious ghost right next to you when you're trying to relax at a picnic?  Them's the breaks, kiddo.  Can't hear the movie because the two ghosts sitting in front of you are having an argument?  Guess you're screwed.  Literally the woman has no escape unless, by chance, she just happens to be in a location where there aren't any ghosts (such as their car, as we've seen).  That would drive me bonkers, I'm pretty sure.

• Like 11
11 minutes ago, PaulE said:

Literally the woman has no escape unless, by chance, she just happens to be in a location where there aren't any ghosts (such as their car, as we've seen).

And I’m guessing the car has to be parked outside their property line — probably on the one particular ghost-free spot.

• Like 1

I don't know why anyone would be creeped out by Sam and Jay writing in the book.  Pissed, yeah, but they thought Sam was just doing it because SHE liked lilies, so obtrusive and rude?  Yeah.  I'd be pissed, but nothing creepy about it.

Knowing Pete's phrase could be creepy, if you knew nobody else ever used it.

After Pete's daughter said she felt her father near when she was at the mansion made me think (and want) some reaction when he joined her walking down the aisle.  A pause, a feeling, something...

eta:  it would have been cool, like someone said, if his grandson could see Pete, but if it had happened, watching Pete's reaction - y'all would still be crying!  😭

😊

Edited by Johann
eta: okay, us'all
  • Like 6

I love Thor😂 "first offer ceremonial stick of peace and if enemy does not accept, you stab in eye with frozen carrot". 

WTF!?!?!?!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Carol didn't take the stick so now she gets the carrot

• Like 5
  • LOL 15