Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E10: Week 9

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

You mean Pilot Rachet pulls a kamikaze?
Poor Zach taken out by an insecticide bomb. 

No, she pulls up at the last minute. She just wanted to scare him and gleefully laugh about it.

• LOL 3

My favorite scene was when Kaity asked Zach (sarcastically) how did he want her to react.  It caught him off guard and he changed up what he was starting to say.

I could never have been on a show like this when I was younger.  I would have left as soon as he announced that he broke his own rule as in my mind that would have meant that he already made his choice.  Ariel dodged such a bullet!!!  Gabi may really regret her decision to have sex with him.

As for the monkeys-they are pretty aggressive, especially is one looks directly at them (have had 'monkey/ape' experiences in Japan, India, and Gibraltar).  I would have so freaked out if they came after me like they did Kaity.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ariel and Zach eating bugs. He looks at what are obviously bugs, hears "crickets" and says "chicken?"

She suggests that they eat the bugs simultaneously, saying it will "quell the anxiety."

Girl, your IQ is too many points above his. You can do better.

Gabi, I'm just wondering how you actually CHOSE that drab color, high waisted, ill-fitting bathing suit. And I could see Zach having flashbacks to all of the women who had weepy breakdowns. Gabi, someone had to go second, and someone else had to go third.

I'm glad they don't reuse the same room for the three nights. Ick.

I agree that given what happened, honesty is the best policy. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Also, I thought Kaity was a bit rude to Gabi with her “I know you’re the only one” comment.  Gabi didn’t cheat on her, Zach did.  And yes to the comments about her walk.  I think Kaity is a total dork that was put into a very attractive body.  (but I like her)

Based on what they and the rest of the cast have said, Kaity and Gabi were incredibly close and best friends in the house. 

Spoiler

they've also been seen hanging out post-show so seem to be on decent terms

I didn't take that comment from Kaity as being rude but rather her saying to her close friend "I know what happened" in an omg-we-need-to-discuss way. It didn't seem like Gabi took it in a rude way either (I expected her to look more hurt) when she was saying she feels like she has a scarlet A on her chest and Kaity said "oh no, stop." It sounded more like girlfriends chatting to me. I do find it interesting that Zach picked a final two that were so noticeably close all season, I can't remember that happening too often. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
13 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

It's a little uncomfortable to me that the girls so far have almost taken the no sex thing like a challenge (or at least that's how it's been edited). If the Bachelorette said no sex and the men reacted this way I feel like they'd get trashed for not respecting her boundaries. 

I cannot agree more. I guess I'm old-fashioned or something... it's great to have a healthy sex drive and that is important in any relationship - but no one is exclusive here. For a man to say that he feels it's important to take that off the table and for the women to say, "Oh that's disappointing, it's important to keep it sexy!" or "I'd feel so much more validated if you wanted to sleep with me" - well just yikes!

1. The lead just drew a boundary. Respect it.

2. Respect yourself enough not to beg for sex on national TV.

3. Is this really the main form of validation? Or are they all just hoping that if they bang Zack, then it's proof they're the final choice? I recall B-ettes drawing this boundary and the men tripped over themselves to accommodate and praise the B-ette. Why is it ok to challenge the Bachelor and make him feel as though he's withholding something from the women?

Anyway, shocking twist - Zack proves he's no Sean Lowe and caves. Then he handles it, IMO, in the worst possible way. He decides to go public without consulting Gabi first. Informing her after the fact wasn't totally helpful. It's like telling someone you decided to burn their house down while it's burning and it's too late to call the fire department. That was just totally uncool of him. I can't believe she didn't leave.

Was Ariel informed of this change of heart after her date/before the rose ceremony? She deserved the info so she could have exited gracefully. I sure would have if I found that out. 

Finally, Kaity... poor girl. I feel bad for Gabi but Kaity was put in a terrible position. With that info revealed on camera, she had no good options. She leaves and is labeled jealous and insecure, or she stays and looks like a pathetic doormat. I realize there are many gray areas in between, but this show doesn't offer those to the women, so those are the lanes they're stuck in. There is no way I could have stayed after that. If Zack wanted to protect their life together after the show, well, guess what, he woulda kept it in his pants. Telling her on camera was just a slap in the face. It didn't give her much wiggle room for a real reaction. 

Self-professed nice guys who want to do the right thing for everyone usually end up really hurting several people in order to protect their own pristine self-image. He did the women dirty and in the process, behaved exactly how he pleased. The damage? Well he swept that right off himself and piled it on the ladies - especially Gabi and Kaity. And he'll go on thinking he did the noble and right thing and is such a great guy. Honestly I think he's a sociopath now and he reminds me of the last guy I dated before my husband, and that is not a compliment. 

Jesse Palmer excusing him just made me even angrier. Now I miss Chris Harrison, who would have at least told him what a dullard move that was. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Like 5
  • Applause 10
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Then it was pitch black when they were having their heated argument, and she stormed off to broad daylight to sob to the producer, while Zach was still waiting for her in the dark.

I think it was only dark during the argument because they were under the trees. TBH I felt like her words to him were really authentic. It is (IMHO) the way an argument *should* proceed with a committed couple. I understood completely what she was saying. But he was forced into this ridiculous situation by, first, pledging not to have sex, and second, kissing and telling Jesse after he did. If he had done neither of those things, he wouldn't have had to "come clean" with Kaity (which I agree he did, once all that had transpired, since she'd see it on the TeeVee eventually).

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 8
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

He was trying so hard with the rose and only looking at Kaity to prove to her that sleeping with Gabi meant nothing. Yet, he told Gabi he’s falling in love with her!! Does he not get that that’s the more “devastating secret” here? He went out of his way to go tell Gabi—on the morning of his date with Kaity—that he loves her (okay, falling in love, but said it twice). I get that in his mind he’s trying to do the “right thing” but he doesn’t seem to understand that he’s just leaning into each of their biggest insecurities and making everything worse. I think he is one of the leads who ends up falling in love with two people and just implodes because of it. He had this calm and collected demeanor—even cold at times to some of the women. But now we’re seeing what happens when his walls come down, after talking so much about Ariel’s walls. My man’s walls coming down is like a breach in a dam. Now I’m starting to see what Jesse meant about this season’s end being emotional. I don’t even think it’s the women’s emotions he meant. When Zach has emotions, it’s just oozing all out of him and wreaking havoc.

I agree, and I just think Gabi got such the raw end of the deal here and the way he handled it is reflective about how women often end up feeling if they sleep with someone.  He is in many ways shaming her and putting her very clearly second AFTER sleeping with her, after the whole issue is her being put second all of the time.  OMG.  Dumbass.  I mean don't go tell her you love her to make yourself feel better for sleeping with her.  And don't go telling everyone--because the way he handled it told the whole viewing audience as well.  She kept it quiet, probably for him, and then he goes telling Jesse, Kaity, the audience, etc.  I mean I know this is TV but there have been MANY times in previous seasons we had no idea which couples had sex in the fantasy suite.  

Now Kaity (who I do like by the way) looks like the victim and the hero--he was crappy to her by telling her in the icky jungle and ruined the whole date that sucked from the get go, and then she apparently didn't sleep with him so looks "good" for not doing it.  I think in the end Gabi is getting hurt even more than she would have originally.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

It is kind of like Zach just keeps making things worse, especially with Gabi.…

Catholic conscience kicking in…. Run over and tell her you are falling in love with her and btw, you are announcing to everyone they had sex, because you feel guilty about breaking your word  

Gabi confesses her worst fear is being second best….give her the second rose so Kaity feels secure  

Walk out Ariel, come back in talking about how excited you are to have them meet your family, but walk straight to Kaity, without even glancing at Gabi, and hug and kiss her   

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Gabi speaks like a toddler . I can’t put my finger on if it’s the voice , the things she says or a mixture of both . 

Zach setting “ parameters “ and then going against what he said was just stupid on so many levels but especially in the sense that he finds it so hard to have self control that he can’t even control himself for one night . What if he’s on his bachelor party and he says “ I’m not gonna have sex with another woman tonight “ . As long as he’s honest after , he thinks it’s ok . 
Zach is too honest of a guy to lie . But really he was just worried that Gabi would say to someone what they did and that he’d be caught .

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Anyone remember on the AFTR when Nick Viall asked Andi why she slept with him if she had no intention of picking him?  Everyone thought he was the world’s biggest sleaze for telling the world what had happened in the fantasy suite.  

Now Zack has done the exact same thing to Gabi.  Gabi is pissed and has every right to be.  But somehow Zach thinks this makes him Mr Nice Guy because he told Kaity (and the entire world).  I would not trust him at all if I was Kaity.  Not because he slept with someone else, but because he declared he wouldn’t sleep with anyone else and because he clearly violated Gabi’s right to privacy.  How could you trust him with any secret?  Oh, and he told Gabi he was falling in love with her but didn’t tell Kaity that he told Gabi that (selective Catholic guilt I guess?).  If he picks Kaity, I don’t think they last once these episodes air.   Although based on her past 7 year relationship, she doesn’t seem to have very high standards for herself. 

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
15 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

It feels like the kind of thing where you're pissed in the moment that the day is ruined but later after things cool down you are thankful for the honesty. Still hard to hear, though. 

I found that 180 that she did really ick.  It was good to see Kaity stand up for herself and act like most women would.  But the complete turn around a short time later and run to the fantasy suite was gross.  

The shame blame towards Gabi is also unfair.  Haven't we evolved beyond blaming the woman for seducing the man?  Zach is a big boy.  Not a smart or mature one, but a big boy responsible for his own behavior.

Also, as someone who grew up with loads of Catholic guilt, some of us still have a functioning brain and common sense.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Gabi must have pulled off an Oscar worthy performance to have rocked Zach's world so completely (based on his description of what went down and his behavior the next day). The main problem with that is men tend to expect the same thing every time. Plus, it seems to me he will not pick her which will turn up the tears exponentially. When I take into account how young she is, I feel really bad for her.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

I found that 180 that she did really ick.  It was good to see Kaity stand up for herself and act like most women would.  But the complete turn around a short time later and run to the fantasy suite was gross.  

The shame blame towards Gabi is also unfair.  Haven't we evolved beyond blaming the woman for seducing the man?  Zach is a big boy.  Not a smart or mature one, but a big boy responsible for his own behavior.

Also, as someone who grew up with loads of Catholic guilt, some of us still have a functioning brain and common sense.

Wasn't the turnaround several hours later? From the daytime portion which sucked to the nighttime dinner portion? I would have still been upset personally, but since she admitted she expected he would sleep with other people but just didn't want to know about it, I can see how she managed to calm down with a few hours to think it over. Maybe it ended up really not being a big deal to her since she knew what show she signed up for.

However, it also still seemed like she was keeping him at arms length despite forgiving him during the night portion of the date. She wasn't as warm and bubbly as usual. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

I also definitely think if anyone is blaming Gabi, that's unfair. It takes two to tango. However, I think the editing did her dirty there by showing her saying "maybe I can change his mind" after he said he didn't want to have sex. That made it look like she wasn't respecting his boundaries and planned to seduce him. It sounds like from what they both said that things were very much consensual in the suite, but from what the episode actually showed it made people think she ignored his wishes and tried to seduce him despite his "parameters." 

As a fellow guilty Catholic, I think that came out most when he panicked and felt like he had to confess to everyone even though it made things much worse. Sadly, I can relate! I panic and feel like I need to be honest with everyone if I do a single thing wrong (not cheating haha) and usually my husband shrugs and is like "why are you telling me this?" 😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

But don't forget that in the end, Kaity did not have sex with him. We know this because, at the rose ceremony, she told Gabi that she knew she was the only one.
Kaity may have gotten past his confession enough to spend the night with him where they had the opportunity for a private conversation but she must not have been ready for any intimacy.
It sure was a crazy "No Sex Week" on the Bachelor between Zach's blunders and the usual confusing editing.🙃

• Like 5

I only half watch the show when it is airing. I did catch Kaity telling Gabi that she was the only one. So I suppose Zach let Kaity in on who it was he slept with. Because I didn't hear him confess as to who it was, just that he had sex with one of the other women.

Did Zach ever tell Ariel?

• Like 1

Gabi is so insecure & needy.  Constantly making little comments about herself, about how she looks, the whole "chosen second" thing, etc.

Whereas Kaity and Ariel are both go-with-the-flow, fun, easygoing girls who will trudge through a rainforest and eat literal bugs.

Yet he's falling in love with Gabi, and is so taken by her that he violates his one rule?

Mucho luck with that, Zach.  Either you'll choose her, and be relegated to a life of constant reassurance, or you'll choose Kaity, and you'll be forever haunted by Gabi's primal cries.

Either way, the only winners here are the monkeys....and Ariel, for escaping.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Gabi is so insecure & needy.  Constantly making little comments about herself, about how she looks, the whole "chosen second" thing, etc.

Whereas Kaity and Ariel are both go-with-the-flow, fun, easygoing girls who will trudge through a rainforest and eat literal bugs.

Yet he's falling in love with Gabi, and is so taken by her that he violates his one rule?

Mucho luck with that, Zach.  Either you'll choose her, and be relegated to a life of constant reassurance, or you'll choose Kaity, and you'll be forever haunted by Gabi's primal cries.

Either way, the only winners here are the monkeys....and Ariel, for escaping.

I wonder if sex was the only way to reassure Gabi that he cared for her?   

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

Gabi is way too much in her head - and I'm thinking she may be bi-polar.....someone get her a therapist please.

He got his, "uh oh, drama," face when Gabi started talking.  That face has never boded well for the woman. Her telling him about coming in second is not good.  Ahhh...he's doing a good job talking her off the ledge.  She looks just as good without makeup.

I was htinking going into this that he's gonna "SLIP" with Gabi to make her feel better.

I was surprised. Gabi seems this shy of neurotic to me, and I find her the least attractive of the three women. I figured Ariel was out when he didn’t have sex with her. I don’t think he was emotionally invested in her. Nice to see her drive off and maintain her poise and composure though. No tears. No angry ranting. I really like her. 

I thought Kaity was the one but now I’m questioning that it might be Gabi. Why would he have sex with her otherwise? He was adamant about not messing things up with the final one. 

• Like 2
On 3/20/2023 at 5:51 PM, JenE4 said:

I feel like this is massive foreshadowing that Gabi is going to come in second once again. This is Chekhov’s Second-Place insecurity.

See, Gabi...this is what happens when the production assistants you think are YOUR friends turn out to be loyal to their paychecks.  They wheedle out your deepest (insecurities) secrets and then trap you into telling them ON TV!  Whine, whine, whine about always being second!  If you're "second," you're at least chosen!  And then, when the final TWO roses are given (and my choice, Ariel, was THIRD)...and even though you've explained too often how much it HURTS to be "second," what rose did YOU get?  The first one?  Not exactly.  Zach WAS listening; did you get HIS message (Second Hand Rose). You gradually lost all the personality you had on earlier episodes.  Sad.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
23 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Poor Ariel. I wanted her for Bachelorette!

I would definitely watch Ariel’s season. I wish they would let the bachelor nation to vote for the next bachelorette.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I wonder how icy the wake up was with Kaity.. or maybe they didn’t even stay together all night at all. Maybe she agreed to spend a few hours talking with him and agreed to be enthusiastic on camera.. hence her “turn-around”. But drew the line at overnight. It seems really strange that they would cut that next morning that everyone was DYING to see.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Maximadc said:

I would definitely watch Ariel’s season. I wish they would let the bachelor nation to vote for the next bachelorette.

That's a brilliant idea!  If the results weren't manipulated like the contestants on these shows, the choice would be less controversial and it's pretty likely we'd at least end up with someone interesting to watch.  If they want the gig, of course.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

There's this trend on social media to paint Zach as a victim and Gabi as some sort of irresistible succubus who didn't respect his boundaries and forced him to have sex against his will.

Ugh. Why are people like this?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2

What was lost in all this for me was Ariel. If Zach was so determined to be honest with the women, then why didn’t he also tell Ariel what he did? She was dispensed with pretty quickly and without much angst on his part. I think there are better things in store for her than Zach, but I still didn’t like seeing her come in such a distant third. I wonder how she felt watching the playback. 

Zach was pretty rude to pick Gabi second again, knowing how she felt about it. He could have easily given her the first rose. 

I wish Kaity had told him to take a hike. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I agree that most likely Kaity didn't stay in the Fantasy suites all night.  I think he was all over at the rose ceremony because he is trying to atone for his sins.  I don't think he wants to be left with only one option , whether or not he wants Gabi at the end.     

I think giving Gabi the second rose may have been producer manipulation.  I actually like her.  I would probably spiral too if I knew my "boyfriend" had slept with someone else the night before.  I know it's the premise of the show but it's still not at all normal.

I thought both of their last date outfits were not great.  Gabi's flesh-colored bathing suit and Kaity's ill-fitting tank top which was also a very blah color.   Ariel looked gorgeous, even eating bugs.  And Kaity's date activity was awful.  You go all the way to Thailand to see the inside of a mangrove?  It was so depressing in there, but I guess it set the tone for the whole date.  Aeriel seemed to get gipped because her date started at night. Gabi seemed to have gotten the best, most romantic date.  I wonder if that says something.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The whole Gabi being the second date and being upset about it was weird because it seems that the producers pick the dates and the order that they go . I was wondering if he told her that in the fantasy suites because it seemed like a non-issue. Being the first fantasy suite is usually not the best because it's forgotten about by the time the bachelor gets to the third. But I guess for sexual purposes it's the best lol. Being the third is probably the worst but at least you'll leave a lasting effect.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

What was lost in all this for me was Ariel. If Zach was so determined to be honest with the women, then why didn’t he also tell Ariel what he did?

There's a chance he did, but we didn't see it.  Maybe her reaction wasn't over the top enough?  Or it was obvious she didn't GAF, so to speak? On the other hand, being honest with Kaity kinda blew up in his face, so maybe he was a little gun shy.

19 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I think giving Gabi the second rose may have been producer manipulation.

I agree. Other leads have said production sets the order. The lead just picks the ones he definitely wants to keep or definitely wants to boot, and they draw up a list.  That might have been Jesse's lasting contribution to the show from his time as lead.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

What was lost in all this for me was Ariel. If Zach was so determined to be honest with the women, then why didn’t he also tell Ariel what he did? She was dispensed with pretty quickly and without much angst on his part. I think there are better things in store for her than Zach, but I still didn’t like seeing her come in such a distant third. I wonder how she felt watching the playback. 

If he wasn't picking her anyways, I don't know what the point would have been to tell her before the rose ceremony.  And why would he bother telling her afterward, seems like it would just be throwing salt in the wound.   I think he really liked Ariel but realized their lifestyles would never align.  I don't think he saw himself settling down in NYC surrounded by her family.  I think he sees himself coaching his kid's soccer team somewhere in the suburbs.  

I think he told Kaity because the floodgates were open. Sex week had begun and maybe he was hoping she would get onboard as well. 

Zach- "I said I wouldn't have sex, but I already did so we can do it too if you want".   To which I think she said "no thanks".  I think if he had kept his mouth shut she may have been okay with having sex with him.  

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 5

Yeah, there's something odd about how we didn't see the morning after with Kaity.

The fact that she got herself dressed up for the evening portion, after being so upset in the jungle, was likely an "Unreal"-type producer begging her to continue.

And the fact that we didn't see the morning after tells us that something else is amiss.  After all that drama, no morning hair, no bedside croissants, nothing?

Hopefully we will find out some of these answers to our burning questions on ATFR.

I like Zach less and less each week, but this week sealed it for me.  Dude, if you can't keep your word for one night, how good will a life with you be?

Saying repeatedly that it was such a "beautiful, meaningful experience" does not excuse the fact that you simply couldn't keep it zipped, which means your word means nothing.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Yeah, there's something odd about how we didn't see the morning after with Kaity.

The fact that she got herself dressed up for the evening portion, after being so upset in the jungle, was likely an "Unreal"-type producer begging her to continue.

And the fact that we didn't see the morning after tells us that something else is amiss.  After all that drama, no morning hair, no bedside croissants, nothing?

Hopefully we will find out some of these answers to our burning questions on ATFR.

I like Zach less and less each week, but this week sealed it for me.  Dude, if you can't keep your word for one night, how good will a life with you be?

Saying repeatedly that it was such a "beautiful, meaningful experience" does not excuse the fact that you simply couldn't keep it zipped, which means your word means nothing.

Think Love is Blind Andrew (the one who used eye drops to get himself to cry on camera). That's what Zach looked like when he was doing the talking head and saying "it was a special moment and I feel robbed." He looked up like he was trying to squeeze a tear out.

I think he'll pick Kaity and they'll be engaged but I don't think it's gonna be a Sean and Catherine situation. I think Zach so badly wants to be him and be remembered as an amazing bachelor like Sean was.. He seems to calculated with every move he makes (not a terrible thing by the way, as I think it's nice to want to behave respectfully) but I just find him to be kind of fake to be honest. I think he and Katie will last maybe a year but I don't see it long term. I Could be completely wrong though!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

Agree, @Jax7917!

Sean Lowe has had 10 years of living a life with Catherine and their kids.  Snotty noses, crying, lack of sleep....and that's probably just Catherine lol.  Kidding.  Kids are a lot.  Keeping a seemingly happy marriage while raising kids is enormous.

Zach doesn't have that "thing" that Sean has.  Sean is, at the heart of it, a truly nice guy, who truly wanted to run the kids from one practice to another, while treating his wife with respect.  She seemingly has done the same for him.

Sean never shut a woman down when she expressed feelings that he didn't reciprocate.  Sean was much kinder, much softer.  The fact that he still looks so great, 10 years later, tells a lot.  We can see, on his face, that he's leading a happy, stable life.

To me, Zach already looks older than Sean.  

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 13
  • Love 2

I appreciate Sean so much more in hindsight.   He really was there for the right reasons.  And he was true to his values.  

Now brace yourselves….what of Rachel was right and Zach is to immature for marriage!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3

Zach's sexual parameters were way too black and white- why not say "I'm open to foreplay and make outs, but I leave boning for my future wife"?  It's the hard no that he gave himself and the ladies that made him give in.  It's like when I buy a pint of ice cream and say "let's stick to the recommended serving size"- not going to happen 😅! He could've made out topless in jeans like a Calvin Klein commercial and it would've been hunky dory, but sex changes things and Zach couldn't handle the guilt of sleeping with Gaby when maybe he's still on the fence on who he'll ultimately pick.  Lastly, Ariel is gorgeous and leaps and bounds smarter than Zach and her humor and mind are completely wasted on him- she's an absolute catch and I hope her phone is blowing up with date offers in NYC.  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 8

Sean Lowe reminds me of Trista, from Season 2.  Yes, I've been watching that long.

Trista was the first F2 rejection, from Alex of Season 1.  She was this stunning, adorable girl who was a Miami Heat dancer plus a physical therapist.  She took all sort of flack for wanting to be in the spotlight, but she kept saying that all she really wanted was to be a Soccer Mom.

So she chose Ryan, the firefighter, and moved to Vail to be with him, away from California, where she lived.  And she's spent the last 20+ years doing exactly what she said she wanted, plus taking care of a chronically ill husband to boot.

Zach will no doubt move on from his F1 as soon as they give him his phone back.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

He seems to calculated with every move he makes (not a terrible thing by the way, as I think it's nice to want to behave respectfully) but I just find him to be kind of fake to be honest.

I guess he forgot his playbook on the date with Gabi.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, phlebas said:

There's this trend on social media to paint Zach as a victim and Gabi as some sort of irresistible succubus who didn't respect his boundaries and forced him to have sex against his will.

Ugh. Why are people like this?

When we take a look at what women, even little girls, in this country are dealing with and viewed as, this is no surprise.  It's absolutely disgusting that Gabi is being portrayed this way.  I'd say why I think people are like this, but my comment would probably be deleted.

Gabi, it's not you, it's them!❤️

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

She is hosting the new season of Bachelor in Paradise Canada!

She mentioned that on her YouTube channel!  Can't wait.  May 8!  You have just over a month to figure out your Geolocations on your VPN :)

Edited by phlebas
  • Like 1

I wonder if the REAL reason he confessed to Kaity about having sex with Gabi wasn’t so much about being “open” , “honest”, “transparent” (yada yada yada) but because he was afraid Gabi might tell Kaity herself.  He must be aware that the two are close friends.  He probably just wanted to get to put his spin on it first.

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

he was afraid Gabi might tell Kaity herself.  He must be aware that the two are close friends.  He probably just wanted to get to put his spin on it first.

Even if they weren't close friends, (assuming Kaity is #1) there is no way to be sure that Gabi wouldn't spill the beans at some point in the future, for whatever reason, and his happily-ever-after with Kaity would be in deep trouble. This is a weird world where *anything* can show up in a viral post at some point.

• Like 6

Zach needed to alleviate his guilt when he should have worked through it like an adult and then spoke to Kaity if she was the final pick and he felt he owed her the information. Dumping it onto her unasked, ruining their special day and outing Gabi was spectacularly awful. He forced Kaity to do the emotional labor he should have done on his own. Not a good look in 2023.  I actually thought he was more mature than most and I think he thought that too, lol.

It seemed that Zach and Gabi were more tipsy at the end of their date than on the other dates.

I think it's worth pointing out that if this was the real world and Zach were dating these three women, at this stage he might be having sex with one or more of them and they would be dating others as well.  Obviously, it's the show that forces the women to be exclusive (and also live together as semi sister wives) so this imbalance is created for drama's sake. Maybe Kaity was thinking along these lines when she decided to stick around. Still not cool for him to kiss and tell on Gabi on such a huge platform as well. The fact he gave her the second rose and wouldn't look her in the eye made him look like a huge jerk! Both women looked like they wanted to tell him off after the rose ceremony. Even if there is a winner, I doubt that it will last.

Shout out to The Scarlet Letter. For all the crimes against grammar, someone was paying attention in high school, English class.      

Saw this on Twitter and could not unsee it while watching the rose ceremony.

IMG_3896.jpg

Edited by Soobs
  • Like 7
  • LOL 12
3 minutes ago, Soobs said:

Saw this on Twitter and could not unsee it while watching the rose ceremony.

LOL on the highlighters. I didn't think of that, but certainly thought that it looked like they coordinated themselves beforehand!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

What an idiot! Has he never met a woman before? He thought that telling Kaity that he had originally made a pact not to boink anyone and was able to resist one of the ladies but not the other one would make Kaity so happy he was honest it would make her love him even more. IDIOT!

• Like 11