Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Shots and Shade

• Start Topic

Day one at the Jersey Shore is off to a wild start when the Gorga's luau takes a turn for the worse; Rachel drops an arsenal of gossip, angering Marge; Frank struggles with hurt feelings over Dolores' new boundaries.

Airdate: 03.21.2023

It is so sad that a new housewife doesn’t know the definition of “scorned”. My wish for the collective IQ of these women to increase a few points is crushed.

Jennifer’s storyline is dragging her husband through the ringer again and again is depressing 

• Like 19
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

It is so sad that a new housewife doesn’t know the definition of “scorned”. My wish for the collective IQ of these women to increase a few points is crushed.

Jennifer’s storyline is dragging her husband through the ringer again and again is depressing 

Melissa didn't know what arsenal means.

I didn't expect anything better from them. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Melissa didn't know what arsenal means.

I didn't expect anything better from them. 

She also confused Hawaii and Cuba when talking about the cigar roller/cigars.  I know that everyone always comments on Teresa's lack of education and basic knowlege, but I always thought that Melissa wasn't much smarter.  It's amazing she can actually keep her business somewhat afloat.

I am so glad that Melissa did not pursue her supposed college career choice as a teacher - God only knows if her students would have learned anything.

• Like 14
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Frank is a jerk. Good for Delores for setting boundaries. Frank needs to find gainful employment that don’t involve a reality TV for posing a a roidrage Easter Bunny.

And I am so done with WWHL being tagged on to all my recordings. Screws up all my not so awful shows and if you could had an audience on your own, this wouldn’t be necessary 

• Like 18
  • Applause 3
47 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

It's horrifying to see how little some of these women actually know, comprehend or understand.  And yet, they try to use "big" words (not that "scorned" is a big word) and think they sound oh so smart!!  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

It's horrifying to see how little some of these women actually know, comprehend or understand.  And yet, they try to use "big" words (not that "scorned" is a big word) and think they sound oh so smart!!  

Jackie is intelligent but she was such a snob about it and such a bad fit for the show (even though I liked her in the beginning).

• Like 11
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Jackie is intelligent but she was such a snob about it and such a bad fit for the show (even though I liked her in the beginning).

Jackie liked to lord her supposed superiority over everyone and it became tiresome.  Margaret and Dolores are both pretty astute and don't sound ridiculous when speaking about things.  Jennifer Aydin is pretty smart, too, I think.  It's hard to tell because she's either screaming, whining or near black-out drunk most of the time.

Melissa and Teresa are the least smart, imo.  Hard to tell about Danielle and Rachel yet, but so far, Rachel seems a little bit brighter than Danielle, but Danielle cracks me up.

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

She also confused Hawaii and Cuba when talking about the cigar roller/cigars.  I know that everyone always comments on Teresa's lack of education and basic knowlege, but I always thought that Melissa wasn't much smarter.  It's amazing she can actually keep her business somewhat afloat.

I am so glad that Melissa did not pursue her supposed college career choice as a teacher - God only knows if her students would have learned anything.

I'm watching now, so I didn't see this (about the cigars) yet.

• Wink 1

Teresa’s therapy is paying off, but tonight she was attacked much too much.  She was really trying to keep her cool.  Danielle was 100 per cent right .  The minute you talk about your family, those bitches will elaborate on it to everyone and make it something it isn’t.  Marge cannot help herself.  She is a gossiper.  Joe Gorga trying to stay relevant by doing his stupid childish schtics.  Jennifer is a sloppy drunk .. Bill too.      Same nonsense, different day.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t think either of my brothers would notice if I blocked them on Instagram since that’s not our main source of communication with each other. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Margaret and Dolores are both pretty astute and don't sound ridiculous when speaking about things.  Jennifer Aydin is pretty smart, too, I think.  It's hard to tell because she's either screaming, whining or near black-out drunk most of the time.

I agree 

Fortunately, Dolores intelligence and self respect are leading to to create healthy boundaries with people in her life.

Unfortunately, Jennifer is very intelligent and quick witted, but her over drinking ( I’m not one to judge), unswerving allegiance to Teresa and her continued determination to humiliate her husband on TV makes her no appealing. Either forgive your husband and move forward (don’t think I could) or get a divorce. Well, a third option is to blow up to pool house….

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5

Yes, Jen, Margaret, Jackie, Jen Fessler and even Dolores are the smartest.

No, Jen Fessler, your corporate attorney husband doesn't look like liking Jersey Shore fist pumping, and shots.

Frank needs to stop asking Dolores about "fixing it" with Paul. He is worried he will be off the show. Paul doesn't need to spend time with them. 

Bill, "we have to carry ourselves with class" at the luau. This didn't go well. 

Rachel's red outfit and Margaret's light yellow in the confessionals. No!

Joe Gorga thinks Teresa maligns him to the new cast members (because what she claims is supposedly not true), but I'm sure they watched the show, and the producers made sure to share a few of his outbursts. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

A-freaking-men!  She sucks.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

It's  becoming a bit  tedious. Same stories, different  day. I thought  what sober Bill was saying,  made a lot of sense, it's a shame Jen can't  understand him.. Or, maybe she just wants another Louis, who seems  to cater to Teresa's  every whim. He's so two faced, making sure nobody  is angry with him, saying  one thing to  Teresa, another  to everyone  else. He puts on her fathers pajamas,  how creepy. Does Teresa lay beside him ( shudder) Anyway, telling this to Joe G was meant to hurt him, as if his nieces are  going to feel secure,  they aren't  4.

I pretty  much agree with everything  that's already  been said, Louis shows me who he is in most episodes,  I don't  like him. I do love Rachel's  daughter,  omg, what a little  cutie. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

The business stays afloat because she has a partner who provides the clothing, the management, and everything else, but uses Melissa's name for promotional purposes.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 7

Louie is a manipulator. Approaching Melissa’s mom and saying “don’t be mad at me” - he wants to be seen as the reasonable/good one in his relationship w/Teresa. It serves his ego. He’s gross. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Same shit different day. Margaret really needs something more than being fake outraged over being told she’s a better friend than enemy. At least Teresa kept her cool. 
I’m actually on Teresa’s side about not inviting Melissa’s asshole sisters and mom to the wedding. Louie didn’t need to apologize to the mom. 
Was Frank with this girlfriend last season and they just didn’t show her? I’m not sure why he’s whining so much. He has his girlfriend with him and she is being included in filming. 
Please make Jackie go away. I almost think they wanted to torture her by throwing her replacement in her face. She doesn’t need to speculate on Danielle’s family issues. Shame on her for continuing the show after admitting the Evan rumors affected her daughter. She always throws in that that those rumors weren’t true. Yeah right. She’s a selfish asshole. 
Seeing Bill that drunk would make me want to avoid him as a plastic surgeon.  
I had to fast forward the waxing scene. It’s so dumb and that guy is odd to watch. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wench like me. A Melissa classic.

Bill doing the limbo on his hands and knees was pretty funny.

I'd like to shout out a big Thank You! to anyone that didn't invite me to their wedding. The non invite was very much appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Jen Fessler said on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live yesterday that she had a facelift, a nose job, and that she took Ozempic to lose weight (after filming)...She said "peptides" initially until Andy looked at her in a specific way, and she then mentioned the "o" word. It’s an epidemic with celebrities.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 4
39 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Same shit different day. Margaret really needs something more than being fake outraged over being told she’s a better friend than enemy. At least Teresa kept her cool. 
I’m actually on Teresa’s side about not inviting Melissa’s asshole sisters and mom to the wedding. Louie didn’t need to apologize to the mom. 
Was Frank with this girlfriend last season and they just didn’t show her? I’m not sure why he’s whining so much. He has his girlfriend with him and she is being included in filming. 
Please make Jackie go away. I almost think they wanted to torture her by throwing her replacement in her face. She doesn’t need to speculate on Danielle’s family issues. Shame on her for continuing the show after admitting the Evan rumors affected her daughter. She always throws in that that those rumors weren’t true. Yeah right. She’s a selfish asshole. 
Seeing Bill that drunk would make me want to avoid him as a plastic surgeon.  
I had to fast forward the waxing scene. It’s so dumb and that guy is odd to watch. 

Yes, Frank is with the gf for some time. He, or Dolores said that they even spent the night at Dolores' house! Paul doesn't exactly likes this situation (I don't blame him), and Frank is angry because he doesn't have an open door to Dolores' house, and to filming, because he can mostly participate in group events if he is invited. He was this season, but he might not next season, and he is worried. The show is a career for him, and with the real estate market cooling off, his renovation projects might not do well anymore.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Melissa and Rachel don't know some words. Frank is desperate. Pauly still rubs me the wrong way. Jackie is extremely desperate and getting worse.  Danielle should've confronted them. Louie pulled a shit move with Donna Marco. Teresa was right not to invite that family who've been camera hungry for a decade and probably only want to go because it's being filmed. 

Bill and Evan have real, serious, jobs I don't get them being down with being seen at these glorified frat parties.

I wish Bravo would show clips of Melissa and Jackie saying Marge gets information to use if she 'has to.'

But really that preview with Louies batshit comment about Mr Gorga's PJ'S is all I care about. Wtf was that? I might be siding with Joe Gorga for the first time ever.

• Like 13
  • Wink 1
10 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

Louie did that thing again.  By apologizing to Melissa’s mom, like he’s the good guy stuck in the middle.  He did something like that at the guys’ night too.  And then saying he wears nono’s pajamas?  That is just weird. He’s a bit of an odd duck, that guy.

Now I should get back to my arsenal, I mean my book. 🤣 it’s about the history of cigar making in Hawaii.  

imo Louis is messing with Teresa and Joe - he gets off on the angst he creates on their faces. Classic narcissist move. Looks like Tre has met her match in that department.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Wonder if Bill’s business has been affected by his drunken behavior - a surgeon doesn’t need a soggy head or shaky hands. Also wonder if his slow simmer ever suddenly becomes a blistering eruption - he gets a fierce look on his face when Jennifer lectures him.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The business stays afloat because she has a partner who provides the clothing, the management, and everything else, but uses Melissa's name for promotional purposes.

Thank you.  I knew she wasn’t doing it all by herself.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Frank is a jerk. Good for Delores for setting boundaries. Frank needs to find gainful employment that don’t involve a reality TV for posing a a roidrage Easter Bunny

Ehhh Dolores was just fine with having no boundaries for the last how many decades. She’s no better than he is at this point with her condescending attitude over it all. 

And Frank ain’t the only one who needs gainful employment. Besides isn’t he still a trainer or gym owner or something?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Momager said:

Louie is a manipulator. Approaching Melissa’s mom and saying “don’t be mad at me” - he wants to be seen as the reasonable/good one in his relationship w/Teresa. It serves his ego. He’s gross. 

That little scene clinched it for me.  He is slowly not letting Tre have a mind of her own.  I hope he stays out of her girls lives and minds his business.  They already have a Father.

• Like 5

Melissa is correct that louie is manipulative and untrustworthy...but she's only right because she also is manipulative and untrustworthy.  Like minded people can always suss out one another in an instant.

Jackie needed to remember why she had a good debut season...because she correctly called out Teresa with facts and got under her skin with ease.  She needed to employ that with newbie danielle in order to have gotten to be in a housewife position.

Lastly...Delores divorced Frank when he cheated on her.and was able to co parent with him successfully...and the two became friends (Jennifer needs to do this with Bill..imho).  He has always said he was in love with her and knows he blew it with her...which is why he's so bothered about Delores putting more boundaries up...because she has a new guy that she wants to make a go with.  And Frank's girlfriend should be a bit offended that he isn't putting boundaries up with Delores in order to get their relationship a chance to grow

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

And Frank's girlfriend should be a bit offended that he isn't putting boundaries up with Delores in order to get their relationship a chance to grow

She seems like a nice enough girl. She needs to tell him to knock it off with the dependency on Delores. Why is she putting up with that?

11 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

Louie did that thing again.  By apologizing to Melissa’s mom, like he’s the good guy stuck in the middle.  He did something like that at the guys’ night too.  And then saying he wears nono’s pajamas?  That is just weird. He’s a bit of an odd duck, that guy.

He's the biggest hypocrite. Disguising his manipulations under the guise of "therapy". It's going to take a long time for dense Tre and her daughters to realize it. For now, they are falling for ALL of his bullshit. 

So far Paulie has managed to steer clear of the "parties" and man bonding. He clearly wants nothing to do with these people. 

Melissa's party at her shore house was reminiscent of the days of "Jersey Shore" only this time with the geriatrics. I had to fast forward a lot of that mess. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

He puts on her fathers pajamas,  how creepy.

I kept hoping it was a metaphor, (get it, metaphor, lol),that he mentally has stepped in to some male leadership role for Teresa's daughters but I know it was meant litterally, yeesh!

8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I had to fast forward a lot of that mess. 

That mess was most of the episode!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Jen Fessler said on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live yesterday that she had a facelift, a nose job, and that she took Ozempic to lose weight (after filming)...She said "peptides" initially until Andy looked at her in a specific way, and she then mentioned the "o" word. It’s an epidemic with celebrities.

I took that as tongue in cheek, I didn't think she looked on iota different than what we saw in the most recent episode...nose job? I don't think so.

• Like 2

So if Louie does invite Melissa’s mom to the wedding, does that mean Joe will have to find another reason to keep this Teresa storyline going? After Teresa said Melissa can be in the wedding, which it was fine of Melissa to decline, Joe then got mad about Melissa’s family not being invited. 

Why do I think that next season Danielle’s brother and sister-in-law will join the show to take Danielle down?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Wonder if Bill’s business has been affected by his drunken behavior - a surgeon doesn’t need a soggy head or shaky hands. Also wonder if his slow simmer ever suddenly becomes a blistering eruption - he gets a fierce look on his face when Jennifer lectures him.

I would never use any professional that appears o  any of these shows. However, there are plenty if people that will chase any celebrity connection-yeah, I know Celebrity is a stretch, but being on TV is enough for some-so it may add to his business. But, a Doctor? That is scary.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I took that as tongue in cheek, I didn't think she looked on iota different than what we saw in the most recent episode...nose job? I don't think so.

I don't know - I think Jen Fessler was serious.  She and Margaret are very close friends, and Margaret also stated that she was taking a "peptide cocktail" for weight loss, so I'm assuming they are seeing the same doctor giving these prescriptions to vapid women who want to lose 10-20 lbs, but are too lazy to change their eating and drinking habits or do any type of physical workouts.

I get so furious about this!!  These D-list celebs think their weight loss is more important than the actual health of a diabetes patient so they have no problem taking this drug out of the mouths of those who need it most.

• Like 15
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Joe Gorga trying to stay relevant by doing his stupid childish schtics.  Jennifer is a sloppy drunk .. Bill too.      Same nonsense, different day.

I get the feeling that maybe Jenn and Bill are not really BIG drinkers when the show isn't filming.  Maybe a couple of cocktails here and there, or a bottle of wine with dinner, but not to the excess that happens during filming.  If that was the case, both Bill and Jenn would be able to handle their liquor much better.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Melissa's party at her shore house was reminiscent of the days of "Jersey Shore" only this time with the geriatrics. I had to fast forward a lot of that mess. 

I am soooo effin' tired of seeing Joe Gorga spilling alcohol down people's throats.  It's ridiculous!  So is the 40-50 year old men shouring "Shot-Shot-Shot!!!".  It's like they're a bunch of middle-aged frat-boys with Peter Pan syndrome trying to relive their college/early 20's days.  It's not funny, it's not appealing and it's just stupid.

I will say, though, that at least the women on this franchise (except for Jennifer Aydin) don't drink themselves into oblivion very often as happens on other franchises.  They seem to leave all the drunken shennanigans to their men.

I'm still trying to figure out what, exactly, made that party a Luau theme, aside from some cheesy decorations from Oriental Trading, a few Tommy Bahama Hawaiian print shirts and some low-rent hula dancers.  The food they showed being served was the usual faire they offer at all their parties - pastas, pizza, charcuterie, etc.  Not a dish of poi, poke or a roasted suckling pig in sight!!!  And, NO shaved ice!!  What the ever loving hell made this a luau??  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

As if it’s not creepy enough that Teresa is having sex with someone wearing her father’s pajamas, Teresa’s daughters are almost adults.  They’re finding comfort in some weirdo walking around in their grandfather’s pjs?  Ewwww.  That’s creepy as hell!

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She also confused Hawaii and Cuba when talking about the cigar roller/cigars.  I know that everyone always comments on Teresa's lack of education and basic knowlege, but I always thought that Melissa wasn't much smarter. 

There have been slight indictions all along but after that Hawaiian cigar statement I'm wondering if editing has been covering up a whole lot more.  

47 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Not a dish of poi, poke or a roasted suckling pig in sight!!! 

There was prosciutto, a giant mountain of it that looked like slices slapped on the side of a huge lump of foil...in the heat of summer.  I actually rewound it because I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I'd like to shout out a big Thank You! to anyone that didn't invite me to their wedding. The non invite was very much appreciated.

I'm right there with you!  Whenever I learn about some acquaintance or their family member getting engaged I feel like I should start lighting candles in the hope an invitation never makes it to my mailbox.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

Now I should get back to my arsenal, I mean my book. 🤣 it’s about the history of cigar making in Hawaii.  

Louie may never have had an issue with Melissa's mother, but Teresa did; I'm not sure how I'd react to my fiance going against my wishes, and inviting someone to our wedding that I had made known I did not want there. I'd have an issue with that.

That bit about saying he wears Nonno's pajamas to make Tre and the girls "feel safe and loving" was bizarre. Imo it makes him look like a psychotic creeper. Part of me is kind of hoping Joe's reaction is that Nonno didn't wear pajamas. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I laughed when Jen and Bill were walking in to their beach house, they bought it lock, stock and barrel including the previous owner's "H" on the wall!  Do we think they really bought that house?

I was wondering that, too.  Maybe just a season long rental?  Or, even an extended Air BNB?  I was trying to figure out where the townhouse was located.  It looked like some townhouses I know of in Long Branch, which is really no where near where Melissa and Joe's house is (Long Branch is about 30-40 minutes from "Missy-G's", depending on traffic).  Also, I kind of got Teresa-level skeevies when Jenn said they are even using the previous owner's sheets.  I hope she at least washed them before using them!!  Teresa says some crazy things, but her comment in Season 1 about other people's "cleansiness" resonated with me.

I was also trying to figure out where the Fuda's shore house is.  I'm thinking it is somewhere closer to the Gorga's, perhaps Seaside Park or Lavalette, or also in Toms' River, where the Gorga's home is located.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I laughed when Jen and Bill were walking in to their beach house, they bought it lock, stock and barrel including the previous owner's "H" on the wall!  Do we think they really bought that house?

When they were packing to go down the shore, I noticed a throw pillow on Jenn and Bill's [gaudy] bed with the initials "LLB".  I can't for the life of me figure that one out, either, considering that a purchase from L.L.Bean seems soooo pedestrian and basic for Jennifer.  I can't figure out if there is some high end designer with those initials!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Louie may never have had an issue with Melissa's mother, but Teresa did; I'm not sure how I'd react to my fiance going against my wishes, and inviting someone to our wedding that I had made known I did not want there. I'd have an issue with that.

That bit about saying he wears Nonno's pajamas to make Tre and the girls "feel safe and loving" was bizarre. Imo it makes him look like a psychotic creeper. Part of me is kind of hoping Joe's reaction is that Nonno didn't wear pajamas. 

I agree with you there.  I usually don't have any issues with Louie, but that preview comment was just weird.  It was also, imo, a comment intended to trigger JoeGo's hot temper.  I imagine Joe's talking head regarding that as something like this:

"I can't fucking believe that Teresa would give MY FATHER'S pajamas to this guy!!  Teresa never asked ME if I wanted anything of MY FATHER'S.  Again, this is just Teresa doing whatever the fuck she wants without considering MY feelings."  

And, part of me would kind of agree with him.  

I also agree with you regarding the situation with Melissa's Mom and sisters.  The sisters were absolutely vile and cruel to and about Teresa whenever they were on the show to give Melissa someone to film with.  Her Mom was a little more diplomatic, but she also had some pretty rude comments about Teresa.

I would totally have a problem if my fiance invited someone that I specifically did not want at my wedding.  Louie was 100% wrong in that situation.

But, I am also like Teresa, in that I may be able to forgive, but I will never forget.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 13