Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Shots and Shade

• Start Topic

On 3/22/2023 at 1:34 PM, njbchlover said:

When they were packing to go down the shore, I noticed a throw pillow on Jenn and Bill's [gaudy] bed with the initials "LLB".  I can't for the life of me figure that one out, either, considering that a purchase from L.L.Bean seems soooo pedestrian and basic for Jennifer.  I can't figure out if there is some high end designer with those initials!  

I thought I remembered something about Jenn and some pillow side hustle she had going and found it again...https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/style-living/jennifer-aydins-ultimate-beauty-pillow-lips-lashes-brows

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 3/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, njbchlover said:

I get the feeling that maybe Jenn and Bill are not really BIG drinkers when the show isn't filming.  Maybe a couple of cocktails here and there, or a bottle of wine with dinner, but not to the excess that happens during filming.  If that was the case, both Bill and Jenn would be able to handle their liquor much better.

I am soooo effin' tired of seeing Joe Gorga spilling alcohol down people's throats.  It's ridiculous!  So is the 40-50 year old men shouring "Shot-Shot-Shot!!!".  It's like they're a bunch of middle-aged frat-boys with Peter Pan syndrome trying to relive their college/early 20's days.  It's not funny, it's not appealing and it's just stupid.

I will say, though, that at least the women on this franchise (except for Jennifer Aydin) don't drink themselves into oblivion very often as happens on other franchises.  They seem to leave all the drunken shennanigans to their men.

I'm still trying to figure out what, exactly, made that party a Luau theme, aside from some cheesy decorations from Oriental Trading, a few Tommy Bahama Hawaiian print shirts and some low-rent hula dancers.  The food they showed being served was the usual faire they offer at all their parties - pastas, pizza, charcuterie, etc.  Not a dish of poi, poke or a roasted suckling pig in sight!!!  And, NO shaved ice!!  What the ever loving hell made this a luau??  

The Don Ho music?

• Like 4
10 hours ago, gaPeach said:

No Kidding!  Her condo or townhouse is very basic and from the quick glimpse out the balcony doors it looks to be right on top of the boardwalk.  They even kidded that at 2-3am you can hear the drunks on the boardwalk yelling.  Reminds me of Jersey Shore episodes.  So, it looks like a low-end condo/townhouse, in a crowded and noisy part of the Shore.  As she did the tour it looked a thousand other rental properties in a beach town.

It is a five story townhouse, very close to the boardwalk according to the video linked here. 

4 hours ago, ichbin said:

I thought I remembered something about Jenn and some pillow side hustle she had going and found it again...https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/style-living/jennifer-aydins-ultimate-beauty-pillow-lips-lashes-brows

So LLB is an acronym for Lips, Lashes, and Brows. The pillow was created to make facials more comfortable. Go figure...

Edited by ZettaK
  • LOL 2

Teresa explained on social media after viewers saw the preview, and asked questions that the pajamas were brand new (and Ralph Lauren, she emphasized). She gave them to her father as a gift, but they were never worn. She eventually gave them to Louie. 

She said on the show that Melissa never invited her to her shore house, and when Gia asked to stay there once the Gorgas refused.  Teresa's lost her shore house (it foreclosed) in 2014. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, kassa said:

Dolores has started to let on that Frank was more than merely unfaithful.  In what ways, I don't know, but when he was an attorney he was running all sorts of side businesses and using client money to keep them afloat, resulting in disbarment, so he's not just happy go lucky ladies' man/loving ex Frank. 

I don't know if she's in therapy, or just the therapy of seeing her life on tv and reading what people have to say about it, but she seems to have passed some threshold of understanding that the relationship with Frank was problematic, even if she told herself it was for the kids. Maybe it was living on her own for the first time. 

Whatever it was, once people cross a threshold of letting go, they don't go back. I think she's let Frank go, whether new guy sticks around or not. If he wants to maintain a happy relationship for the kids at weddings and funerals and the occasional barbecue, he needs to start dealing with it. 

I think she read/watched viewers' opinions about her relationship with Frank. Her parents' relationship is somewhat unconventional (they live in different houses although they are married), so she couldn't tell what's normal, or not. At the same time, she was raised with outdated ideas about gender roles (what she calls "traditional"). 

• Like 2
On 3/21/2023 at 10:57 PM, TOL said:

A-freaking-men!  She sucks.  

Was just thinking.  Why is a surgeon on a stupid show rolling around on the ground blind ass drunk?  Jennifer is making an ass of him about his cheating too.  He just sits at the therapists office like a schlump.  No pride.  Then the daughter hanging all over him, touching his face and kissing him is very weird.  Does not look right.  What’s wrong with him too?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

So LLB is an acronym for Lips, Lashes, and Brows. The pillow was created to make facials more comfortable. Go figure...

It is not a bad idea since after any facial surgery you would have to sleep on your back, I do not remember Jenn having a debut party for her pillow, seems like a missed opportunity to have a party at which the women could scream at each other.

Also, I have not had a lot of facials but they have never been painful during or after, what kind does Jenn have where she experiences pain after a facial? Does she mean a chemical peel or dermabrasion of sorts, that might sting a little.

Five floors at her beach house and no elevator? I bet bringing in groceries for her brood is like an hour at the gym!

7 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Then the daughter hanging all over him, touching his face and kissing him is very weird.

I posted about that too, something so odd about that behavior.  I know some people had posted that the kid is trying to give her father a show of affection to make up for the lack of from Jenn but the fact she sleeps in their bed most nights...there is something that needs unpacking.  Two words come to mind for that kids future, "Daddy issues."

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is not a bad idea since after any facial surgery you would have to sleep on your back, I do not remember Jenn having a debut party for her pillow, seems like a missed opportunity to have a party at which the women could scream at each other.

Also, I have not had a lot of facials but they have never been painful during or after, what kind does Jenn have where she experiences pain after a facial? Does she mean a chemical peel or dermabrasion of sorts, that might sting a little.

Five floors at her beach house and no elevator? I bet bringing in groceries for her brood is like an hour at the gym!

I posted about that too, something so odd about that behavior.  I know some people had posted that the kid is trying to give her father a show of affection to make up for the lack of from Jenn but the fact she sleeps in their bed most nights...there is something that needs unpacking.  Two words come to mind for that kids future, "Daddy issues."

Sleeps in their bed too?  The therapist will have a field day with that.  Creepy.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Sleeps in their bed too?  The therapist will have a field day with that.  Creepy.

There seems to be a lot of co sleeping with families these days, I have always believed that kids need their own space, babies need to learn how to self soothe and kids Olivia's age should have the ability to sleep in her own bed maybe both Bill and Jenn use her as a buffer to avoid each other in bed.

Several of my friends that have become grandparents tell me their kids sleep with the baby (dangerous?) because they wake up and need to feed often at night and they don't want to have to get out of bed but I think that laziness can lead to a 10 year old sleeping in your bed!

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

There seems to be a lot of co sleeping with families these days, I have always believed that kids need their own space, babies need to learn how to self soothe and kids Olivia's age should have the ability to sleep in her own bed maybe both Bill and Jenn use her as a buffer to avoid each other in bed.

Several of my friends that have become grandparents tell me their kids sleep with the baby (dangerous?) because they wake up and need to feed often at night and they don't want to have to get out of bed but I think that laziness can lead to a 10 year old sleeping in your bed!

I agree.  If anything, my husband or I would go to the kids beds and soothe them back to sleep .. I don’t ever recall them getting in our bed.  It’s a hard habit to break.  When they were very little, hubs would give them the bottle and rock them to sleep so I could get some shut eye.  There was always a rocking chair in their rooms.  Especially as a Doctor, Bill should be aware that what he’s letting the daughter do is not good.  Can’t wait for the therapist to hear that.  I see now with my three kids, they allow their children certain privileges that I didn’t allow.  I can’t say anything tho.  My husband tells me to mind my business, lol.  It’s hard.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
46 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

it is not a bad idea since after any facial surgery you would have to sleep on your back, I do not remember Jenn having a debut party for her pillow, seems like a missed opportunity to have a party at which the women could scream at each other.

Isn't that half the point of a HW hawking a product, the launch party? It provides a social event, an occasion to argue, and in this case, an inevitable pillow fight. 

I think LL Bean might be a bit upset with her logo. Did she learn nothing from Marge and her Vineyard Vines lawsuit? (rhetorical question)

46 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's the only exercise they get.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

I agree.  If anything, my husband or I would go to the kids beds and soothe them back to sleep .. I don’t ever recall them getting in our bed.  It’s a hard habit to break.  When they were very little, hubs would give them the bottle and rock them to sleep so I could get some shut eye.  There was always a rocking chair in their rooms.  Especially as a Doctor, Bill should be aware that what he’s letting the daughter do is not good.  Can’t wait for the therapist to hear that.  I see now with my three kids, they allow their children certain privileges that I didn’t allow.  I can’t say anything tho.  My husband tells me to mind my business, lol.  It’s hard.

P.S.  Years ago, didn’t we chat about Mystic, Conn. about 90 day Tania working there as a waitress?  Or am I losing my mind?  I think her husbands name was Syngin or something?  He had long hair from Australia.

• Applause 2

I've been thinking how our culture ascribes certain qualities or characteristics to people based solely on their professions and the training it took to achieve their titles. When we see Bill drunk out of his mind, this creates dissonance. 

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

That pillow looks like something cheap and logo'd you'd get as a car dealer promotion. Have had many facials - don't recall pillows being involved or being in any way uncomfortable - seems like an indictment of her husband's office more than a market need. 

As for post surgical work, the only way that pillow works is for people who sleep directly on their face normally, or are slide sleepers and never shift position, because the moment you turn your head you'd need to reposition it. 

Edited by kassa
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

P.S.  Years ago, didn’t we chat about Mystic, Conn. about 90 day Tania working there as a waitress?  Or am I losing my mind?  I think her husbands name was Syngin or something?  He had long hair from Australia.

Yes, I went to the restaurant where Tania worked, while we waited for our table we sat at the bar, I had a Day Time Margarita (any margarita consumed during the day) and I was snockered by the time I met Tania, thought I was so eloquent and clear headed during our brief convo but the selfie told a different story, lol...having laughing fits while your husband leads you around Mystic is truly the best way to see that charming town, not.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think LL Bean might be a bit upset with her logo. Did she learn nothing from Marge and her Vineyard Vines lawsuit? (rhetorical question)

That could be Jenn's story line next season, her legal battle against LLBean! Maybe we could get a group trip to Maine for the hearing!

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Was just thinking.  Why is a surgeon on a stupid show rolling around on the ground blind ass drunk?  Jennifer is making an ass of him about his cheating too.  He just sits at the therapists office like a schlump.  No pride.  Then the daughter hanging all over him, touching his face and kissing him is very weird.  Does not look right.  What’s wrong with him too?

I have said it since day one he was on TV, that man is sooo checked out, he is not in to the kids (no matter how the little one hangs on and paws at him), he is not into his home life at all but won't leave because he does not want to lose half his money.  For now Pool House Therapy will have to do until the Olivia is 18.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, QQQQ said:

I've been thinking how our culture ascribes certain qualities or characteristics to people based solely on their professions and the training it took to achieve their titles. When we see Bill drunk out of his mind, this creates dissonance. 

It baffles me that someone in a high-profile position would allow their dysfunctional lives to be exposed on trashy TV shows. Reminds me of the show "Married to Medicine," where we see doctors' wives (and female doctors as well) hosting parties that end in smashed crystal and pulled hair (in other words, typical reality show stuff)- how does that impact their practices? Let's face it; there are certain professions that require a maximum amount of decorum and discretion and that seems to get thrown out with these people. Bill comes across pretty badly- an adulterer, a hard-ass and uninvolved parent (according to his unhinged wife), and someone who obviously makes so much money that his wife can wear Chanel sweatsuits and build and decorate a mock-up of the Taj Mahal. Would turn me off as a patient.

Rachel Fuda seems to have had a "Disney Princess" plastic surgery makeover, based on the black patent-leather hair and the flipped up nose. She looked better in her pictures from her bodybuilding days. And John Fuda is possibly the least attractive man on this show (oh wait- Paulie ranks up there, as well as always-angry-looking Frank and red-faced Louie). I kept trying to figure out what was so weird about John's looks and it struck me- he sort of has no chin. Hence the odd-looking beard. And then when his shirt came off for the oh-so-hilarious waxing- uggggh.

Which leads me to a bunch of 40s and 50s men acting like 19 year olds. It's so exhausting. As others have mentioned, all they are doing is acting stupid to keep themselves on this show. Between the drunken antics of the guys and the women constantly fighting like middle-schoolers, it's hard to believe any grown adults act like this.

As for the women and their talk- how many times must we hear someone innocently and wide-eyed say "I didn't say anything! I'm just repeating what SHE told ME!"- as if that's ok.  They just can't wait to run to whomever they heard a rumor about and repeat it, ostensibly just to "let you know." Example: Teresa said Margaret is best to keep as a friend vs an enemy. New blonde immediately tells this to Rachel, then repeats it to Margaret, who of course has to confront Teresa that "I heard you said this about me." Teresa turns and implicates someone else.... you get it.  Just like we go round and round with Margaret talking about Jennifer, who talks about Margaret- then whoever hears the complaints goes right back to the other person and repeats it. I have never, ever in my life RUN up to someone at a party and said, "Soooo, X and I were talking and she said that she heard that you said..."  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, I went to the restaurant where Tania worked, while we waited for our table we sat at the bar, I had a Day Time Margarita (any margarita consumed during the day) and I was snockered by the time I met Tania, thought I was so eloquent and clear headed during our brief convo but the selfie told a different story, lol...having laughing fits while your husband leads you around Mystic is truly the best way to see that charming town, not.

I think she’s still there, and he’s still in Arizona.  I haven’t watched the show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 3/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, snarts said:

Wondering if it happened when they were packing up Tre's house to move? I could see her having a difficult time giving his stuff away and offering some of the clothes to Louie, telling him it would make her & girls happy to see them worn.

This is what I thought of as well. When my father passed away we found lots of unopened holiday/birthday gifts, or brand new sneakers he only wore once that my mother tried to give away. She just didn’t want them wasted and at the same time I think would have brought her comfort knowing someone close was using them. Not in a creepy reincarnated kind of way. My BIL wears my FIL sweatshirts that they found after he died. It makes his wife smile when she sees her husband wearing her dads shirt, no big deal.  

So I could see the girls finding the PJs they had just bought nonno that he never got to wear and then giving them to Louie in a loving kind of way, and them feeling comfort when he does. Nothing gross about that. If that’s NOT the case, then yea, kinda weird. 

Now him throwing it in that gorilla Gorgas face, ehhh, good for him. Gorga is trying his best to invalidate Louie’s place in the family, probably because of how his wife was treated in the past, so what’s good for the goose and all. Louie is just better with his words than all those Gorgas combined. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I'm guessing it has something to do with the production company being able to contractually take their pound of flesh from profits if a business is promoted on the show.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Which leads me to a bunch of 40s and 50s men acting like 19 year olds. It's so exhausting. As others have mentioned, all they are doing is acting stupid to keep themselves on this show. Between the drunken antics of the guys and the women constantly fighting like middle-schoolers, it's hard to believe any grown adults act like this.

As for the women and their talk- how many times must we hear someone innocently and wide-eyed say "I didn't say anything! I'm just repeating what SHE told ME!"- as if that's ok.  They just can't wait to run to whomever they heard a rumor about and repeat it, ostensibly just to "let you know." Example: Teresa said Margaret is best to keep as a friend vs an enemy. New blonde immediately tells this to Rachel, then repeats it to Margaret, who of course has to confront Teresa that "I heard you said this about me." Teresa turns and implicates someone else.... you get it.  Just like we go round and round with Margaret talking about Jennifer, who talks about Margaret- then whoever hears the complaints goes right back to the other person and repeats it. I have never, ever in my life RUN up to someone at a party and said, "Soooo, X and I were talking and she said that she heard that you said..."  

Margaret repeats and repeats everything just to stay relevant. She has nothing going on story-wise. No kids, her mother moved on and really was a dud even when she was featured more, he house is god ugly, her business and lawsuits seems to have fizzled. So what else is there? Just her and her weird voice and new too-big teeth running around yelling “guess what, she’s talking about ME!” She may act horrified but she loves every minute of it. And she looks like a fool. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
Just now, hottesthw said:

Margaret repeats and repeats everything just to stay relevant. She has nothing going on story-wise. No kids, her mother moved on and really was a dud even when she was featured more, he house is god ugly, her business and lawsuits seems to have fizzled. So what else is there? Just her and her weird voice and new too-big teeth running around yelling “guess what, she’s talking about ME!” She may act horrified but she loves every minute of it. And she looks like a fool. 

Not to mention her boring, unattractive husband who she tries to make interesting by mentioning that he wipes her ass or alluding to how much sex they have. Boring, boring, boring.

I was laughing at the scene on the bus after Jennifer and her guests flounced out of the party. Danielle is yawing on and on about people talking about her (well, did YOU not start things by just "letting Margaret know" that Teresa was warning people about her?) and behind her sits Bill, passed out and head lolling over.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

New Danielle can miss me with this BS of hers.  She seems not much calmer than Danielle Staub. All it took was one conversation and she left and talked threateningly on the way home.   I grew up in Manhattan and Brooklyn with girls like her and they were called “hitters”. Tough talking girls threatening people with their right hooks. It was stupid then and is laughable at her age.  I feel for anyone who has a rift in their family but if she didn’t want anyone to know she shouldn’t have told anyone.  On National TV no less.  She’s angry because the ladies were talking about her?  Did she not read the job description before she applied for the show?  That’s literally what they do for a living.  I know everyone likes her and her “realness” but this put me off of her for good.  All these shows start out fun and eventually veer off into real issues that are not fun, and NJ has been there for a long time now and had too many of these problems. Not enjoyable!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, njbchlover said:

I was wondering that, too.  Maybe just a season long rental?  Or, even an extended Air BNB?  I was trying to figure out where the townhouse was located.  It looked like some townhouses I know of in Long Branch, which is really no where near where Melissa and Joe's house is (Long Branch is about 30-40 minutes from "Missy-G's", depending on traffic).  Also, I kind of got Teresa-level skeevies when Jenn said they are even using the previous owner's sheets.  I hope she at least washed them before using them!!  Teresa says some crazy things, but her comment in Season 1 about other people's "cleansiness" resonated with me.

I was also trying to figure out where the Fuda's shore house is.  I'm thinking it is somewhere closer to the Gorga's, perhaps Seaside Park or Lavalette, or also in Toms' River, where the Gorga's home is located.

I agree, no way they bought the house and kept all the previous owner’s stuff. Yuck, who does that, even without being rich?  Also, and I know you know this too as a NJ beach girl, the houses on the boardwalk are not cheap, they cost the most.  Even older ones.  Even in a Seaside type place with drunks and skels right outside the front door, they are very pricey.  My friend also lives in Long Branch a block from the beach and another friend in Point Pleasant, same thing,  both of them say if they lived one block closer, their houses would cost over a million more. But even with Jen and Bill’s money, and they can easily afford a place on the boardwalk, no one with kids would buy that, and especially with no elevator.  The house they’re in is something people rent for a week at the beach or the summer or for prom.  Something a family would actually purchase would normally be in one of the more residential towns 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Never Again said:

The house they’re in is something people rent for a week at the beach or the summer or for prom.  Something a family would actually purchase would normally be in one of the more residential towns 

I look at it this way...my purpose of going to "the shore" is the sandy beach and ocean.  I would hope to get as close to that as possible, otherwise why go unless you only want to get on a boat or some other kind of watercraft and stay in a pool. Jenn's shore house seems fine to me for the purpose it was intended...days spent on the beach. Her kids probably love it for that reason plus the boardwalk! Comments here make it sound like some kind of a ramshackle hovel and it's far from that. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I look at it this way...my purpose of going to "the shore" is the sandy beach and ocean.  I would hope to get as close to that as possible, otherwise why go unless you only want to get on a boat or some other kind of watercraft and stay in a pool. Jenn's shore house seems fine to me for the purpose it was intended...days spent on the beach. Her kids probably love it for that reason plus the boardwalk! Comments here make it sound like some kind of a ramshackle hovel and it's far from that. 

I totally agree with your post, especially what I've bolded, because I am the same!  I want to see the waves from my windows, deck, whatever.

But....somehow, I just can't imagine Jennifer and her brood being beach people.  At least, not the typical Jersey beach people - carting their beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, boogie boards, coolers, etc., and plopping their butts in the beach chair.  Her kids seem to like the pool, but they don't strike me as ocean swimmers.  And, Jennifer doesn't seem like a Seaside beach person. 

The house is very nice, but just doesn't seem up to Jennifer's standards, either, especially due to the location, if it is right on/or very close to the Seaside boardwalk and in close proximity to a beach bar.

Seaside Heights boardwalk is not what it used to be years ago.  It's fine during the day, but at night, it gets a little sketchy, so I would be very hesitant to purchase anything directly on the boardwalk or very close to it, especially with younger tweens and teens.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Never Again said:

I agree, no way they bought the house and kept all the previous owner’s stuff. Yuck, who does that, even without being rich?  Also, and I know you know this too as a NJ beach girl, the houses on the boardwalk are not cheap, they cost the most.  Even older ones.  Even in a Seaside type place with drunks and skels right outside the front door, they are very pricey.  My friend also lives in Long Branch a block from the beach and another friend in Point Pleasant, same thing,  both of them say if they lived one block closer, their houses would cost over a million more. But even with Jen and Bill’s money, and they can easily afford a place on the boardwalk, no one with kids would buy that, and especially with no elevator.  The house they’re in is something people rent for a week at the beach or the summer or for prom.  Something a family would actually purchase would normally be in one of the more residential towns 

It's insane what home prices are like here these days!!  Even, as you said, close to the Seaside boardwalk with all the nasty that goes on after dark!  

The house is nice, but I can't get past the five floors and no elevator - I'm beyond the age of wanting to climb stairs everywhere!!  They must have amazing oceanviews from the top floors, but the noise, the parking hassles and the drunken crazy people at 2:00-3:00 AM would be a huge deterrant for me.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

The house is very nice, but just doesn't seem up to Jennifer's standards, either, especially due to the location, if it is right on/or very close to the Seaside boardwalk and in close proximity to a beach bar.

I think they rent it out most of the season because if they had that full time during the season Jenn would be on her way to China to buy some of those gawd awful sofas and what nots for her very vertical beach manse.  Boardwalk location could bring a lot of money in rental fees and they probably block out some weeks during the season that is why she is leaving the place furnished as it is...just my thought. 

• Like 10
6 hours ago, hottesthw said:

So I could see the girls finding the PJs they had just bought nonno that he never got to wear and then giving them to Louie in a loving kind of way, and them feeling comfort when he does. Nothing gross about that. If that’s NOT the case, then yea, kinda weird. 

Now him throwing it in that gorilla Gorgas face, ehhh, good for him. Gorga is trying his best to invalidate Louie’s place in the family, probably because of how his wife was treated in the past, so what’s good for the goose and all. Louie is just better with his words than all those Gorgas combined. 

Yeah, seems like it became weird because he's bragging about it as something that gives the girls comfort. The weirdness has always lived in Louie on this one.

• Like 5

Interesting new wrinkle in the Ozempic/Wegovy front. Apparently they have an emerging side effect of aversion to alcohol/getting sick when drinking. How many franchises are about to go under if they switch to diet coke at their regularly scheduled screamfests?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

I agree, the closer the better….but my point was that those who live closer to the beach, even compared to one block inland, pay over a million more for that. And it’s usually in a more residential town or a more secluded part of a boardwalk town.  I’m just not seeing the Aydins buying a five floor walk-up on the boardwalk with the rides, the noise, the crowds, and the late night drunks in front of their door.  I agree that house is very expensive but works better as a rental than as a second home for a family with children 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Never Again said:

I agree that house is very expensive but works better as a rental than as a second home for a family with children 

Want to bet that is exactly what they will be doing with it when not filming? If they did in fact purchase it and not lease it was probably with the idea of it being used as an investment property more than it being a second home.  In that case I can understand why they wouldn't want to invest additionally in furnishing it too.  

• Like 4
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

Want to bet that is exactly what they will be doing with it when not filming? If they did in fact purchase it and not lease it was probably with the idea of it being used as an investment property more than it being a second home.  In that case I can understand why they wouldn't want to invest additionally in furnishing it too.  

Jennifer wants to copy Jackie who rents her Hamptons house (it's an investment property), and stays for a week herserf. But Jennifer, because of the proximity to her main residence will probably use it more. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Jennifer wants to copy Jackie who rents her Hamptons house (it's an investment property), and stays for a week herserf. But Jennifer, because of the proximity to her main residence will probably use it more. 

Bill will use it more, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.

• LOL 8
On 3/24/2023 at 10:36 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

That could be Jenn's story line next season, her legal battle against LLBean! Maybe we could get a group trip to Maine for the hearing!

I have said it since day one he was on TV, that man is sooo checked out, he is not in to the kids (no matter how the little one hangs on and paws at him), he is not into his home life at all but won't leave because he does not want to lose half his money.  For now Pool House Therapy will have to do until the Olivia is 18.

For Bill not to sit and eat with his family, that’s something.  Instead of relaxing, I could see Jennifer blabbing about her friends and how mean they are to her.  Broken record.  Then, he has to have kids in his bed to boot.

• Like 1
On 3/21/2023 at 10:26 PM, njbchlover said:

Danielle cracks me up.

Meh.  She's trying too hard to be Teresa 2.0.  I thought she was going to flip a table when she found out they were talking about her.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2023 at 11:35 AM, njbchlover said:

I get the feeling that maybe Jenn and Bill are not really BIG drinkers when the show isn't filming.  Maybe a couple of cocktails here and there, or a bottle of wine with dinner, but not to the excess that happens during filming.  If that was the case, both Bill and Jenn would be able to handle their liquor much better.

Jenn said that she smokes weed when the kids go to bed.  I could see Bill doing the same. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, swankie said:

Meh.  She's trying too hard to be Teresa 2.0.  I thought she was going to flip a table when she found out they were talking about her.

I say she reminds me of Joe Pesci in every movie role he has ever had.  "You think I'm a clown?" 

9 hours ago, swankie said:

Jenn said that she smokes weed when the kids go to bed.  I could see Bill doing the same. 

But separately.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 3/24/2023 at 7:59 AM, kristen111 said:

I agree.  If anything, my husband or I would go to the kids beds and soothe them back to sleep ..

S is exactly what I’ve done.  My daughter is six now and she likes me to lay with her while she falls asleep (in her own bed).  If she has a bad dream (rarely) or if she’s u dear the weather I’ll sleep with her in her bed.  She’s never slept in our bed  and had no interest in doing so.  We might snuggle in our bed watching movies and stuff but she always goes back to her own bed to sleep.  I also believe everyone needs their space to have the best sleep.

I really like Bill, but it’s cringey how drunk he gets.  I feel like he agreed to to the show as some sort of penance for the affair, and I get that but at some point Jennifer needs to either let him off the hook or just move on with her life without him.  I think Bill has a very demanding job, he does reconstruction surgeries and is also on call at the hospital which I’m sure takes a lot out of him.  He’s entitled to blow off some steam but goes too far and it’s embarrassing.

Jackie has always been annoying and a try hard, but knowing how after this season was filmed she got demoted and replaced by the very woman she’s trying to dog just makes me feel sorry for her while at the same time I feel like she got what she deserved. Good riddance.