Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Forbidden Fruit

• Start Topic

I can't imagine taking care of someone Tammy's size, let alone with a trachea. Just washing her up would take forever, let alone all the gear she needs and that nasty temper. It'd be miserable for everyone in the house. 

• Like 14
20 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Shame on Tammy for saying her family doesn't care about her.  They've gone above and beyond for her.

I agree! We should all be so lucky to have siblings like hers. She should be worshipping the ground they walk on.

• Like 18

I think I may have heard “bitch” 30 times this episode.  And although it’s a double standard it is even more jarring to me when a man is using it.

35 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Gage’s finger paintings are “like Mozart” 

Beat me to it.  Well on the bright side at least Amy has heard of Mozart.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

Wait.....did I really hear the words Tammy, adorable, and sweet in the same sentence?😳  Somehow that sounds um....not right. And cringey.  I wonder if Caleb has seen how awful a person she was on past shows.  Wow...  I'm not surprised she jumped at getting married to the first person interested in her.  She's desperate for love...which I understand,  but this is gonna be a train wreck I believe. 

(I love trainwrecks  🤫🤐)

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1

If Tammy was my sister, I'd leave her ass in rehab and let her figure it all out herself.  She's nasty and no way that is going to change when she makes it home. 

• Like 12

They were all saying bitch even more often than they usually do this episode. I guess they all think of it as a cute term of endearment but I’m sick of hearing it.

None of them have the training or ability to be Tammy’s caretaker but it should have been researched months before . I wish one of them would just have said ok when Tammy was ranting about how she was just going to leave the facility and wasn’t going to go to another one. Treat her like the toddler she is.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
(edited)

I don’t think they realize how their words will be picked up by the kids.  Toddlers calling others witches, is not a good thing, but somehow I can envision Amy finding it cute.  ☹️

Tammy seemed oblivious to the amount of work it takes to care for her.  Even without a trach, she needs constant care.  I wonder how much she and her fiancé get out of their wheelchairs.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 8
9 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Wait.....did I really hear the words Tammy, adorable, and sweet in the same sentence?😳  Somehow that sounds um....not right. And cringey.  I wonder if Caleb has seen how awful a person she was on past shows.  Wow...  I'm not surprised she jumped at getting married to the first person interested in her.  She's desperate for love...which I understand,  but this is gonna be a train wreck I believe. 

(I love trainwrecks  🤫🤐)

And an almost guarantee of another season!

Almost worse to my ears than hearing "bitch" every 30 seconds is the baby talk that Amy blabbers to Gage every time she talks to him!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

As an adult, Tammy’s family (non parents)  really isn’t responsible for the cost of her care.   Some disabled adults are still under their parents custody after age 18.  It’s never been clear to me if Tammy was under a Guardianship or not, but it didn’t appear so.   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

None of them have the training or ability to be Tammy’s caretaker but it should have been researched months before .

I doubt Amanda ever planned on giving up her own life (job, kids, etc) to become an unpaid caretaker to Tammy.  It's almost a good thing she got the infection to alert all involved that this was going to me more than just picking up groceries and helping  her to bathe.  I love this family, how they support each other and especially how they have real boundaries with Tammy. That's not always easy to do. 

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Now that she is married, isn't Tammy's husband responsible for her care and well being? Lets her family off the hook I would think?

Oh I think Caleb just made it two for one.   If he could care for himself he wouldn't be in the facility.   Seems like he just hitched his wagon to Tammy's situation (supportive family, TV show, Internet followers, etc) rather than the other way around. Like @Showthyme I'm wondering if they are legally married.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

If he could care for himself he wouldn't be in the facility.

I was suspicious when Tammy said Caleb had been in the rehab for a YEAR but was just recently coming out of his room due to health issues. He said that he had been inspired to go there because of his sister finding stories about Tammy on social media, but in all that time he made no effort to meet her? The place isn't THAT big that their paths never crossed, even if he was usually in his room? Something fishy here, methinks. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

At this point in the show, Tammy and Caleb are engaged only.  Caleb proposed.  Tammy said yes.  Any knowledge beyond that is a spoiler and does not belong in the episode thread.  Please take the conversation elsewhere.  Many posts have been removed. 

• Like 2

When she said that her friends in rehab have been there more for her than her family I yelled “fu** off” and I don’t swear. She made me so angry. That family has dropped everything multiple times, drive 8 hours to visit her in rehab, and have kissed her butt. Now they’re setting boundaries and she doesn’t like it. Mine didn’t either when I did it. The ones upset the most are the ones that benefited the most from you not having any. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 8

I about died watching the previews when Amanda asked how Tammy and Caleb would consumate the marriage and called them 2 sperm whales bumping against each other!  She cracks me the hell up! 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Amy is delusional thinking she gets all the exercise she needs taking care of Gage. There is never a time she’s in constant movement for at least 30 minutes.   She drives from one place to another, and then plops down.   Or she’s on the couch while Gage is running around. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

Amy is delusional thinking she gets all the exercise she needs taking care of Gage. There is never a time she’s in constant movement for at least 30 minutes.   She drives from one place to another, and then plops down.   Or she’s on the couch while Gage is running around. 

Actually, I don’t think Amy drives anywhere, but you’re right, she doesn’t get any appreciable exercise from doing the bare minimum of chores around the house. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, swankie said:

I about died watching the previews when Amanda asked how Tammy and Caleb would consumate the marriage and called them 2 sperm whales bumping against each other!  She cracks me the hell up! 🤣

They also said foreplay would be rubbing their trachs together.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
On 3/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, Shelbie said:

They were all saying bitch even more often than they usually do this episode.

I counted and in that scene of Chris in the car getting the call from rehab that Tammy had the trach infection and in his follow up THs, he said the word bitch SIX TIMES! Then Amanda said it a couple of times followed by Amy a couple more times. Then I stopped counting. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Actually, I don’t think Amy drives anywhere, but you’re right, she doesn’t get any appreciable exercise from doing the bare minimum of chores around the house. 

Forgot about that. Even worse she probably has whoever is driving her to put the car seats and babies in while she sits in the front exhausted. 

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

Forgot about that. Even worse she probably has whoever is driving her to put the car seats and babies in while she sits in the front exhausted. 

I certainly hope Michael at least does that! 

• Like 3
On 3/8/2023 at 2:42 PM, Dsnygrl33 said:

When she said that her friends in rehab have been there more for her than her family I yelled “fu** off” and I don’t swear. She made me so angry. That family has dropped everything multiple times, drive 8 hours to visit her in rehab, and have kissed her butt. Now they’re setting boundaries and she doesn’t like it. Mine didn’t either when I did it. The ones upset the most are the ones that benefited the most from you not having any. 

This is true because her rehab friends have nowhere else to go or any way to get there. Tammy is infuriating! Like when they went on vacation and she wouldn't ride the motorized wheelchair?!! She was offended this was to make it easier on her family, not on her! They've dropped everything to be with her and help her and she calls them selfish and hurtful because they are not available to her whims 24/7! I'm trying really hard to keep rooting for her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

This is true because her rehab friends have nowhere else to go or any way to get there

Excellent point! They probably all sit around and gripe about how their families don’t help them in a “misery loves company” way. They’re there for a reason and it’s likely because they got to be the size they are living at home with their family who catered (no pun intended) to them. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4

Is the facility like the Brookhaven Clinic or a medical rehab center?

I'm strangely glad that Tammy has found someone.  However, if they got married and left the facility, if I were a member of the family, I would ask for double shifts at work or find a second gig so I would not be available to help with their care.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 3/12/2023 at 1:35 AM, auntjess said:

I don't recall Michael not helping last season.  Seems like he did a lot of work on their new house when they moved, and help around the house when he was home.

It's all in how they choose to edit the footage they take....they can make anything appear to be what they want it to be.  I think they're setting up some future season's drama situation.  

• Like 3
On 3/12/2023 at 1:35 AM, auntjess said:

I don't recall Michael not helping last season.  Seems like he did a lot of work on their new house when they moved, and help around the house when he was home.

He also seemed to be doing a good job with Glenn when Amy was on the phone call. I don’t have a problem with him taking Glenn to his mother’s house when Amy and Amanda went for their massage and…arm masks? Especially if he works 2nd or 3rd shift, which I think he might.

• Like 4
On 3/12/2023 at 12:35 AM, auntjess said:

Maybe he was still tired from Covic 😊

• LOL 5
On 3/10/2023 at 6:44 PM, MsVixen said:

I'm strangely glad that Tammy has found someone.

It's good that she's found someone BUT it would be so much better if he could take on her care. Instead, now her family is going to have to deal with needy two patients

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 6

I wanted to smack Tammy when she was talking about her family showing her respect. I have to remind myself: this is a person with a personality disorder. She doesn't get it, and she probably can't get it. All her family can do is disconnect when she pulls this BS. To their credit, it seems like that's what they did.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:25 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Is Tammy going to be Caleb's road to fame & fortune?

Obviously. He knows a gravy train when he sees one. He didn't even have to put any effort into the wooing process. Tell her she's cute, propose, and that's all it took. One episode in, and strangers who don't breathe through their necks are discussing him online! He wins!

But what kind of bariatric rehab was serving them cornbread?! That's not even on MY diet!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Obviously. He knows a gravy train when he sees one.

Interesting that he had been at the rehab for an entire year and didn’t come out of his room until Tammy, and presumably the cameras? showed up. I know he was supposed to have had health problems as if Tammy didn’t?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Interesting that he had been at the rehab for an entire year and didn’t come out of his room until Tammy, and presumably the cameras? showed up. I know he was supposed to have had health problems as if Tammy didn’t?

I thought that was fishy, too. Before Tammy had her surgery, she had been in the rehab for eight months, then had her surgery and returned after recuperating at a hotel for a couple of weeks. Caleb had been there "for a year" so he was there the entire time she was but he was too sick to come out of his room and meet her? Plus, didn't he say his sister had found the place for him based on Tammy's social media? The whole timeline doesn't add up. 

• Like 8

I call BS on the Michael not helping out storyline too. He pushed Tammy in her chair , towed her equipment around and has been driving her for how many years and never once seemed to have an opposing emotion about it. Let the man have a plate. 

• Like 10

So, Tammy thinks she'll come home and the family will take care of her full time, with the trach infection?   Even without the trach, she's still having a lot of health issues.       I find it ridiculous that Amy thought Tammy could come home with IV antibiotics that she would need for 10 days.    The antibiotics IV would need regular changing, so they would need at least a home health nurse visit daily or more often to change the IV, restart the line if needed.   

No one has the capability, or the time to devote themselves to Tammy 24/7 at home, and what home would she come to?   Tammy certainly showed her true self when she was swearing and screaming at the relatives who already said they couldn't take care of her full time. 

Where does she plan to live?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I find it ridiculous that Amy thought Tammy could come home with IV antibiotics that she would need for 10 days.  

That's the only part that I do find believable.  All she would need is a PICC line.  The trach tube is a whole different ballgame though.