Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Driving Miss Crazy

• Start Topic

Danielle throws Valentina a Barbie-themed birthday party; Rachel struggles with the fact that not everyone in her family wants another baby; Teresa and her daughters go wedding veil shopping; Jennifer Aydin warns Melissa to watch out for Marge.

Airdate: 03.07.2023

• Like 1

Enough with the kids parties.  Jennifer and Marge fights are getting stale.  Jennifer takes drugs?  Guess they don’t calm her down .. more like aggressive.  I rather watch Teresa and Loooie.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Ladues, notice how the cameras left the party with Teresa.& Jen. Party's over! 

Marge going low again, calling someone a drug addict for some edibles. Give me a break. She started the argument the moment Jen arrived. 

Alsp love how Melissa conveniently forgets that she wanted to sell their house & move a few years ago just so her kids wouldn't go to school with the Giudice girls. Does she think this shit isn't filmed? Nice side eye from Antonia too. Kids kniw what's up. 

I still hate extravagant kids parties but Valentina is cute & I'm still liking Danielle. "Why would I tell these bitches anything?" Indeed. 

• Like 12

Yeah, I am liking Rachel Fuda, so far -- and yes, her Nonna, Lol.  Guinea! 

I actually liked the new Jennifer (she's funny) and Danielle (when she's not being much).  But Rachel is kind of doing/reacting/saying/feeling everything that I would be if placed in her situation with these women.  

• Like 6
(edited)

Jennifer was rude in telling Rachel she had a bad nose job, and then she called her a f.... idiot, on top of that. She managed to have a huge fight with Margaret, as well, where "niceties" were exchanged. She seems unhinged, as always. But Margaret shouldn't call her a drug addict.

Does Louie wear anything else than a white t-shirt? 

Mark Zunino designed almost identical wedding dresses for Tamra Judge from the OC HWs, Denise Richards (this was a short version), and Teresa. He obviously has a "relationship" with Bravo. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Why is Jennifer Fessler on the show? She can’t handle any of the drama that’s a lot of the show.

Teresa’s actual veil at her wedding was hilarious,

I am not minding Danielle so far. The entrance thing to the party was a bit cringey but oh well lol if that’s their thing.

Why did Melissa give a fake name at the drive thru? Does she think she’s some big celebrity lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m wondering what the next storyline will be for the Gorgas.

It's been the same for 10 or 11 years. I was watching some of season 3 yesterday and Teresa had already evolved into the mouth breathing fucking scumbag she is today.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I associate Mark Zunino as just one of those designers who happens to be lurking around Klienfelds when needed on SYTTD. I liked Teresa's ceremony dress but that reception dress is awful and tacky and I hate the lingerie wedding dress style is a thing. Side note I thought Kourtney Kardashians was absolutely atrocious. 

The Barbie part was cute. I found it more entertaining than Jen and Marge having yet another screaming match. But that's a low bar to clear. I'm enjoying Danielle and her commentary "I'm not telling these bitches nothing!" Melissa confirming the ball player comment but then back tracking about her and Joe were in a bad place says to me Marge does say Melissa should do better. But lmao at Marge's "well JLo got Arod Melissa could get one" because Mel has been going for a knock off JLo look on and off since s3.

like Rachel's family but I'm still on the fence about her. Her husband didn't seem 100% on board with another baby but she made that announcement and I found it as furthering pressing him. I also don't think her suspecting Jaiden of drinking needed to be announced and I hope he's really OK with his bio mom stuff being announced. 

Melissa and Antonia always seem awkward together. Should someone learning to drive have cameras filming it? Melissa responding to Antonia saying she and her cousins don't get involved with the parents drama in their relationship by telling her to always be close to her brothers because family is important is telling.  She could've just said "good keep it up." But I don't think she wants the cousins to be close. The previews could've just been shady editing but if they pull Joey away from talking to Teresa that'll further confirm it. Melissa giving a fake name ordering coffee at a drive thru was cringe worthy. You're not a mega star even with the cameras lurking around. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

This season is so tired, same old fights. Jennifer is overdoing it. Margaret is overdoing it. I’m sick of Melissa talking about Teresa.

I noticed Louie asked Jennifer about Margaret. He needs to stay out of it.

Danielle’s segments are the most entertaining so far.

As for the rest of the season, they are going to milk the wedding drama involving the Gorgas.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Jennifer was rude in telling Rachel she had a bad nose job, and then she called her a f.... idiot, on top of that. She managed to have a huge fight with Margaret, as well, where "niceties" were exchanged. She seems unhinged, as always. But Margaret shouldn't call her a drug addict.

Does Louie wear anything else than a t-shirt? 

Mark Zunino designed almost identical wedding dresses for Tamra Judge from the OC HWs, Denise Richards (this was a short version), and Teresa. He obviously has a "relationship" with Bravo. 

I absolutely loved Teresa’s wedding dress.  It was simple, but striking.  Her tierra was ok, but the hair was just too much.  Too high.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

I associate Mark Zunino as just one of those designers who happens to be lurking around Klienfelds when needed on SYTTD. I liked Teresa's ceremony dress but that reception dress is awful and tacky and I hate the lingerie wedding dress style is a thing. Side note I thought Kourtney Kardashians was absolutely atrocious. 

The Barbie part was cute. I found it more entertaining than Jen and Marge having yet another screaming match. But that's a low bar to clear. I'm enjoying Danielle and her commentary "I'm not telling these bitches nothing!" Melissa confirming the ball player comment but then back tracking about her and Joe were in a bad place says to me Marge does say Melissa should do better. But lmao at Marge's "well JLo got Arod Melissa could get one" because Mel has been going for a knock off JLo look on and off since s3.

like Rachel's family but I'm still on the fence about her. Her husband didn't seem 100% on board with another baby but she made that announcement and I found it as furthering pressing him. I also don't think her suspecting Jaiden of drinking needed to be announced and I hope he's really OK with his bio mom stuff being announced. 

Melissa and Antonia always seem awkward together. Should someone learning to drive have cameras filming it? Melissa responding to Antonia saying she and her cousins don't get involved with the parents drama in their relationship by telling her to always be close to her brothers because family is important is telling.  She could've just said "good keep it up." But I don't think she wants the cousins to be close. The previews could've just been shady editing but if they pull Joey away from talking to Teresa that'll further confirm it. Melissa giving a fake name ordering coffee at a drive thru was cringe worthy. You're not a mega star even with the cameras lurking around. 

Melissa is boring.  She talks about family, family, family.  That’s bullshit.  Most families I know are not that close.  She wants to be close to Teresa and Loooie.  Never gonna happen.  They better come up with something quick as they have nothing going on.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

My takeaway from this episode.  We won't be seeing Jackie after this season.  She said she was filming constantly - but was barely even shown as a "friend".   She must have sense that Danielle was a huge threat - and she's right.

BRAVO has been hit (Garcelle, Sutton) and miss (Diana, Leah, Eboni) with casting.  But they made the right call with replacing boring Jackie with Danielle.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

My takeaway from this episode.  We won't be seeing Jackie after this season.  She said she was filming constantly - but was barely even shown as a "friend".   She must have sense that Danielle was a huge threat - and she's right.

BRAVO has been hit (Garcelle, Sutton) and miss (Diana, Leah, Eboni) with casting.  But they made the right call with replacing boring Jackie with Danielle.

My understanding is that "friends" are only paid if they appear in an episode that is aired. I guess since they were on the fence about Jackie this season, she was invited to all of the large events. Evidently what she did (or more accurately DIDN'T do) eliminated her a a full time housewife. Yesterday's episode was truly free money for her as they edited her in doing absolutely nothing at all. At least in the last few episodes she attempted to do something worthy of screen time.

I think she should just step away. I wouldn't be surprised if her eating disorder therapists had suggested that she keep the process private to help her with recovery.

I think the new housewives are a great fit. Danielle reminds me of the early seasons when it was frothy. Like a less dark Teresa who was just a fun slightly addled woman that first season although her flashing of the cash to purchase furniture and her tasteless home was always a bit suspicious.

My DVR picks up the previous week's episode with a few not shown scenes. Last night had a scene in which the Teresa's girls talked about the great relationship they had in the summer before Louie came into their mother's life. Evidently they all spent a lot of time with each other at the shore and the girls said how much they enjoyed that time. I wouldn't be surprised if Louie - the Teresa whisperer - deliberately manipulated her into feuding with her brother again to have better control of her.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, amarante said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Louie - the Teresa whisperer - deliberately manipulated her into feuding with her brother again to have better control of her.

I've seen no evidence of this so-called manipulative/controlling behavior. He's certainly not isolating her. If anything, he's encouraged her to repair relationships and seek out therapy for her reactiveness. Pretty much the opposite of what someone wanting to control & isolate would do.

Luis reached out personally to invite the Gorgas on Teresa's 50th birthday party trip. Teresa called Joey to ask that he come their housewarming party. They declined. At one point are they forced to take ownership over their actions that have only driven/increased the rift?  Talking constant shit about Teresa and her family on social media, to every freaking media outlet and continually rejecting invites to milestone events show me that they're only interested in continuing the feud.

Based on the previews, Teresa's therapist is the one telling her to walk away. Solid advice, IMHO. If anything, Luis likely provides her with the support she lacked in recent years to feel comfortable saying she tried and moving on.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

Yes Marge, have another cocktail while you make addict accusations. I guess she is old enough to have seen Reefer Madness.

Everything was good with the gorgas until looney came along. Thats when Lil bitch britches got jealous (he's quivering jelly over any guy his sister loves and cannot stand to not be her #1 IMO). Same with his parents...always whining about them choosing tre and juicy over him. 

• Like 11

Ok I'll be the a-hole and say it--I'm growing tired of Jen's daughter Olivia.  Enuff with the precarious mini housewife.  She was cute last season but something about this season seems so annoying....IDK 🤷‍♀️

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

I get it, Margaret and Jennifer hate each other, and I've been getting it for the past 3 seasons. It's time to let either one go.

Jen brings her whole family and she's Teresa's friend, but Marge keeps the stories going (i.e. Lissa Rinna) and she's one of the main antagonists (depending who's side you're on). 

Either one can go in my opinion but I think it's time for one of them (plus Jackie) to leave for good.  

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, charliesan said:

I get it, Margaret and Jennifer hate each other, and I've been getting it for the past 3 seasons. It's time to let either one go.

Jen brings her whole family and she's Teresa's friend, but Marge keeps the stories going (i.e. Lissa Rinna) and she's one of the main antagonists (depending who's side you're on). 

Either one can go in my opinion but I think it's time for one of them (plus Jackie) to leave for good.  

I think this franchise would be greatly improved by completely letting go of Melissa, Jackie and Jen Aydin. Keep the two full time newbies and add the other Jen as full time. Keep Margaret to stir things up for now. We are only 5 episodes in so I reserve the right to change this opinion at any time.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I noticed when Teresa asked Gia whether Melissa spoke to her at the engagement party, Gia was mealy-mouthed about it. Teresa, merely responded, "Oh, okayyyy."  Meaning in Teresa-speak, "As I expected" & in Teresa-brain, that Melissa didn't much give them the time of day. 

But we saw Melissa try & not get much response.  Leading to a repeat of Melissa's talking head, where she says the girls hate the Gorgas now & don't give them credit for driving them to classes & such.  Clearly, the Gorgas feel they DID do something & the girls don't think they did enough.  The girls' minds are made up as to the Gorgas' motivations - filming - but perhaps not ALL interactions were filmed. (Whether due to paperwork for the minors to appear, rigging cameras in cars, dull scenes, it's plausible a number of pickups & drives to events weren't filmed or if filmed, not shown. )  Nevertheless, the girls believe it now - though not raised until after the Gorga podcast aired -- YEARS after the events that did (or didn't) take place.

I felt Gia didn't make it clear to Teresa that Melissa DID come over to speak to both her & Gabriella & tried to make conversation.  (And Gia certainly didn't admit that neither she nor Gabriella was very warm to her.) Gia also didn't tell Teresa that Melissa explained the cousins' absence.  (Though saying "Joey fell asleep" was pretty lame.  She could have woken him, right?)  

Gia, whether long indoctrinated by Teresa or trying to uphold the Bravo-influenced storyline to "earn" a paycheck, is now being used to stir the pot in Teresa's stead, allowing therapist-driven Teresa to be all love & light.  But the fact is, Teresa will NEVER get over the Gorgas jumping onto HER show & once two-faced Looey came on the scene & interjected behind the scenes, the brother/sister future relations became irreparable.  At least, while Teresa draws her girls into the intrigue, & Melissa was shown trying to keep her girl out of it, NONE of the cousins seems to want to let it affect the cousins' relationships with on another. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, realityplease said:

But we saw Melissa try & not get much response.  Leading to a repeat of Melissa's talking head, where she says the girls hate the Gorgas now & don't give them credit for driving them to classes & such.  Clearly, the Gorgas feel they DID do something & the girls don't think they did enough. 

I think the girls, understandably so, are pissed that both Melissa and Joe gave themselves credit for putting food on the girls' table while their mom was in jail and their dad was jobless. Whether the Gorgas were there for the girls all the time, part of the time, or they were only there while cameras were rolling, that was a really shitty thing to say, so I don't fault Gia or Gabriela for having an opinion nor did I expect them to warm up to Melissa ON camera. 

I do prefer Teresa over Melissa and Joe but I'm far from being a "tre-hugger", but when it comes to Teresa's daughters I do understand where they're coming from.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, charliesan said:

I think the girls, understandably so, are pissed that both Melissa and Joe gave themselves credit for putting food on the girls' table while their mom was in jail and their dad was jobless. Whether the Gorgas were there for the girls all the time, part of the time, or they were only there while cameras were rolling, that was a really shitty thing to say, so I don't fault Gia or Gabriela for having an opinion nor did I expect them to warm up to Melissa ON camera. 

I didn't hear the podcast, but I got the impression that the "food on the table" comment was more of a walk-back from what they were saying on their podcast that angered the girls. Or at least it's two different things. Putting food on the table is saying they were doing Joe a favor by filming with him because without them that special wouldn't have happened. (Debateable, but yes, that special earned them all money.)

But the girls are only speaking to the idea that Joe and Melissa stepped up their invovement in the girls' everyday lives, basically becoming regular emotional and familiar supports, and that's what the girls are saying didn't happen. I'm not sure that Joe and Melissa are even claiming anything concrete like driving them to things--the girls just brought those things up because they were examples of when other people filled in the space left by Teresa. 

Gia had no problem saying that they had a close relationship more recently when they were all at the Gorgas' beach house, so it doesn't seem like they're incapable of acknowledging or remembering time spent together fondly. It comes across to me more like Joe and Melissa got carried away and aren't even really trying to counter the facts the girls are referring to. That's why they're pivoting to the special that they shot and how helpful that was for the Guidices, which doesn't contradict anything the girls are saying. (And, of course, the Gorgas doing another TV special wasn't exactly charity work on their end.) I wouldn't be surprised if the Gorgas were both just surprised at the girls feeling strongly about this stuff and it's making things awkward.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, charliesan said:

I think the girls, understandably so, are pissed that both Melissa and Joe gave themselves credit for putting food on the girls' table while their mom was in jail and their dad was jobless.

I really wasn't trying to rehash whether or not Gia is understandably pissed or not.  It's clear there's two sides to this.  To each his own.  We can all agree to disagree.

My point was simply, that pissed or not, acting warm to Melissa or not, instead of mumbling, Gia could have given Teresa a more full & honest recounting of Melissa's approach to & conversation with the girls at the engagement party. 

If Gia is so pissed that she omitted detail, even if her actions are understandable to some, it's still on her for keeping, in even a small way, the feud going.  If she couldn't say something so that Teresa could bray out, "Oh, that's nice" instead of leaving Teresa to walk away with the feeling that Melissa didn't really try to speak to them (which she did), than again, that's on Gia.  And how feuds keep  burning - where even small attempts to put out sparks can be made - but aren't.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, realityplease said:

If Gia is so pissed that she omitted detail, even if her actions are understandable to some, it's still on her for keeping, in even a small way, the feud going.  If she couldn't say something so that Teresa could bray out, "Oh, that's nice" instead of leaving Teresa to walk away with the feeling that Melissa didn't really try to speak to them (which she did), than again, that's on Gia.  And how feuds keep  burning - where even small attempts to put out sparks can be made - but aren't.   

I think my impression of Gia's answer wasn't so much that Melissa didn't talk to them, but more of an eye-roll about how she did it, like yeah, we talked and it was awkward and I didn't like it. Which doesn't make much of a difference in this case--it's still Gia encouraging the conflict instead of just sayingn yes, we talked to her a little bit, Joey fell asleep or whatever.

Gia's seems to have embraced taking a role in every conflict that comes up now. I think that's why Gabriella seems scarier to me. Gia's always ready to start lecturing and getting dramatic about what's right or whatever, but Gabriella's just like quietly glaring.

• Like 4
(edited)

My take aways from last night's hot mess for what it's worth:

Again...another nice ladies luncheon that was spoiled by a cat fight between two self absorbed loudmouth "ladies". There's a limit to how much we can take. Jennifer is a bully and Margaret has no filters. The two of them hate each other and should film separately. I'm so tired of seeing these women fight and tear each other down. What happened to having fun and being silly? I applauded the decision of the hostess to kick Jennifer out after Marge left. Every social function so far has been ruined by Jennifer's foul mouth and instigation of a fight...there must be something else going on in her life that's causing her to lash out publicly so much. I feel sorry for her kids who have to endure the sneers of their peers over their mother's unhinged public outbursts. Of course Teresa, the table flipping toilet mouth is all about propping Jennifer up in her psycho meltdowns.

The Barbie party...OMG! I wonder how over the top this kid's sweet 16 party will be!!! Good grief...

I agree with another poster on here...does Luis only have a cheap white t shirt to wear??

Additional thought: Hey, Melissa…maybe have your daughter learn to drive in a smaller more maneuverable vehicle rather than a huge ass Escalade. That was hard to watch.😱

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ok I'll be the a-hole and say it--I'm growing tired of Jen's daughter Olivia.  Enuff with the precarious mini housewife.  She was cute last season but something about this season seems so annoying....IDK 🤷‍♀️

She’s annoying. I think Jennifer quiets her kids with fattening food and gifts instead of disciplining them. I tend to feel bad for these kids being on tv but then I remember these are spoiled children. I feel sorry for their teachers.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Marley said:

Why did Melissa give a fake name at the drive thru? Does she think she’s some big celebrity lol.

Well could just imagine that if she gave her real name, the press would be there so fast! She would be mobbed!  Hahahahahah

She really thinks she’s a star.  On display each and every day.

4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think we are all thinking that.  She has a very weird affect that she didn’t have before.  It’s like she is imitating her mom but being serious about it.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Jennifer is a bully and Margaret has no filters.

Margaret is a bully and Jennifer has no filters...it still works this way!  They both like to dredge up and then stir the shit. They're both pains in the ass.  Of the two though I still think Jen is the more genuine of the two while Margaret comes off to me like a poseur.  At least Jen owns her crap.  Margaret is the first one to bad mouth whomever is on the opposition team to others, yet somehow her gossiping doesn't count? Margaret has an alpha personality and dictating to Joe B doesn't seem to be enough to scratch that itch.  She's been honing in Teresa's spot since day one.  I don't get that vibe from Jennifer.  

As for bragging, they all do it.  Each and every one.  Some are overt and others more covert...but bragging it is!  They all gossip too!  Each and every one.

Rachel's husband and that beard!  I kept thinking it was like a cartoon and then it came to me...Bluto!  https://popeye.fandom.com/wiki/Bluto

Danielle is extra, but damn, I know so many people in real life who are just like her and I can't help but like her so far. 

Jennifer Kessler is throwing in.  Wonder why she didn't make the cut beyond "friend of".  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I think my impression of Gia's answer wasn't so much that Melissa didn't talk to them, but more of an eye-roll about how she did it, like yeah, we talked and it was awkward and I didn't like it. Which doesn't make much of a difference in this case--it's still Gia encouraging the conflict instead of just sayingn yes, we talked to her a little bit, Joey fell asleep or whatever.

Gia's seems to have embraced taking a role in every conflict that comes up now. I think that's why Gabriella seems scarier to me. Gia's always ready to start lecturing and getting dramatic about what's right or whatever, but Gabriella's just like quietly glaring.

Shouldn’t Gia be out looking for a job since she graduated from college? Instead she’s hanging around Mom’s house and putting in her two cents on what horrible people her aunt and uncle are…so much for Teresa’s declaration that “family is everything “. Milania (sp?) sounded a lot like her darling Dad with her remark about the relationship with Joe and Melissa would be over if Joe doesn’t go to the wedding. I got news for them all…this family has been dysfunctional and at odds with each other for years. Now that Teresa has moved on to a new husband and new in laws the split seems inevitable…it’s a shame that Teresa has decided that it is appropriate to bring her daughters into the dialogue to comment publicly about their aunt and uncle…real classy.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Unfortunately, little "Jen Jr." is annoying as hell, smug, demanding & way too precocious.  Likely an exact duplicate of her mom in looks at that age (well, maybe a better nose) - who also grew up in a home with parents at war.  And look how that worked out! Jennifer is self-deluded, gossipy, back-stabbing, self-righteous, self-absorbed, not as clever by half as she thinks she is, & an aggressive woman who never backs away from (if not starting) a fight!  Jennifer could be "Christmas Future" for Olivia.

Even though she annoys me,  I feel sorry for Olivia, who may be "eating her feelings" instead of merely allowed to overindulge. Living in a home where the mother is way too open with the children about the nature & extent of the dad's indiscretions & uses it to manipulate him & to over-indulge them.  No wonder Olivia is putting it on herself to "fix" things - deciding at age 9 that she wants to be a couples therapist when she grows up. Yikes! This kid needs someone to talk to besides Jennifer & Bill (who's vampire-ish voice is getting to me. I keep expecting him to sweep in wearing a cape!)  I'm sure these two want to be good parents, but we're watching them screw up their kids in real time.  

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Shouldn’t Gia be out looking for a job since she graduated from college?

Gia hasn't graduated yet, she's in her final year at Rutgers. The season was filmed last Summer, so why wouldnt she be at home?

Not to mention, it was the Gorgas who brought up the girls, talking about them on a podcast. Not sure why anyone is shocked they'd have an opinion or better yet, expect them to remain silent about it. 

• Like 9
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

Margaret is a bully and Jennifer has no filters...it still works this way!  They both like to dredge up and then stir the shit. They're both pains in the ass.  Of the two though I still think Jen is the more genuine of the two while Margaret comes off to me like a poseur.  At least Jen owns her crap.  Margaret is the first one to bad mouth whomever is on the opposition team to others, yet somehow her gossiping doesn't count? Margaret has an alpha personality and dictating to Joe B doesn't seem to be enough to scratch that itch.  She's been honing in Teresa's spot since day one.  I don't get that vibe from Jennifer.  

As for bragging, they all do it.  Each and every one.  Some are overt and others more covert...but bragging it is!  They all gossip too!  Each and every one.

Rachel's husband and that beard!  I kept thinking it was like a cartoon and then it came to me...Bluto!  https://popeye.fandom.com/wiki/Bluto

Danielle is extra, but damn, I know so many people in real life who are just like her and I can't help but like her so far. 

Jennifer Kessler is throwing in.  Wonder why she didn't make the cut beyond "friend of".  

Why did Teresa leave with Jennifer?  Doesn’t she have a mind of her own?  Oh, I guess that was a stupid question.  I don’t know how Bill takes Jennifer.  She doesn’t shut up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Gia hasn't graduated yet, she's in her final year at Rutgers. The season was filmed last Summer, so why wouldnt she be at home?

I believe I read fairly recently that Gia got a job at an immigration law firm. I could be wrong on that though. Though, like you said this season was filmed last summer.

• Like 5
(edited)

If filmed last summer - Was there no summer internship or job for Gia during her college years or at least before her last year?? There are MANY students who work summers to get the jump on a job offer at graduation or to gain experience in their chosen field or to earn money to get off the parent dole.  Maybe, instead of focusing on what the Gorgas did or didn't for her, she should be focused on what she can be doing to make herself independent.  If only striving (so far) to be on "Teresa's show" & Bravo payroll, isn't that what she's accusing the Gorgas of?

If Gia got a job at an immigration law firm, it CAN'T be as a lawyer (she sure didn't skip law school & a bar exam!) & in some states, she can't even be as a paralegal because many states require a paralegal course of study & certification. Maybe New Jersey doesn't have that requirement or she's a receptionist or file clerk?  She'd at least be seeing how things operate in that specific area of the legal world.  And THAT would at least be better than lounging around a pool all summer & bitching about her relatives & seeing if she can be more butt-hurt than Joe Gorga. 

As for why anyone would expect Gia to be silent? Here's why. What Gia has yet to learn - & most of these doofuses (except for Danielle) haven't yet learned - is that just because you HAVE an opinion, doesn't mean it's always the wisest or most helpful thing to VOICE it.  Too many on this show like the sound of their own voice even if what they say is contrary to the best outcome.  

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow, I think I’m finally out. All I watch this for is to negativity comment on the looks of these plastic women & in Teresa’s case, overly made up butt ugly & inappropriately attired, nasty kids. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I think most of the real house kids would benefit from actual jobs but let’s face it, they aren’t going to take a summer gig at Dunkin Donuts. Their parents tend to buy them a business or they go into the family business. I get why the girls are mad at the Gorgas, do I want to see it or hear them go on about it? No.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, realityplease said:

I really wasn't trying to rehash whether or not Gia is understandably pissed or not.  It's clear there's two sides to this.  To each his own.  We can all agree to disagree.

My point was simply, that pissed or not, acting warm to Melissa or not, instead of mumbling, Gia could have given Teresa a more full & honest recounting of Melissa's approach to & conversation with the girls at the engagement party. 

She’s a little bitch. Taking right after her repugnant mother. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

My take aways from last night's hot mess for what it's worth:

Again...another nice ladies luncheon that was spoiled by a cat fight between two self absorbed loudmouth "ladies". There's a limit to how much we can take. Jennifer is a bully and Margaret has no filters. The two of them hate each other and should film separately. I'm so tired of seeing these women fight and tear each other down. What happened to having fun and being silly? I applauded the decision of the hostess to kick Jennifer out after Marge left. Every social function so far has been ruined by Jennifer's foul mouth and instigation of a fight...there must be something else going on in her life that's causing her to lash out publicly so much. I feel sorry for her kids who have to endure the sneers of their peers over their mother's unhinged public outbursts. Of course Teresa, the table flipping toilet mouth is all about propping Jennifer up in her psycho meltdowns.

The Barbie party...OMG! I wonder how over the top this kid's sweet 16 party will be!!! Good grief...

I agree with another poster on here...does Luis only have a cheap white t shirt to wear??

Additional thought: Hey, Melissa…maybe have your daughter learn to drive in a smaller more maneuverable vehicle rather than a huge ass Escalade. That was hard to watch.😱

In 1980 I learned how to drive in a 1975 thunderbird....that car had a front end that was a block long.  

• LOL 4
22 hours ago, snarts said:

Based on the previews, Teresa's therapist is the one telling her to walk away. Solid advice, IMHO. If anything, Luis likely provides her with the support she lacked in recent years to feel comfortable saying she tried and moving on.

I agree. Between having Louie as her support to walk away (whether she is right or wrong, someone has to be strong enough to just end it), and with her parents being gone she doesn’t have that constant guilt over her of making things ok with her brother for them, Teresa is in her best frame of mind right now to just leave these people behind.

I watched earlier seasons they aired this week and while she is stupid as all hell and exhausting, I can see now Theresa’s frustration with her family and this show. The show was “her” thing with her friends (Manzo/Laurita). After 1 season not only did her SIL inject herself into the show, Melissa went hard into making herself a star. She trash talked T from day 1. She was determined to shine brighter than the others. Then in comes the Walikies doing the same thing. Melissa and her music career, Kathy and her desserts. Tre just kind of organically fell into all her cookbook crap (flipping the table launched her into stardom). These others saw it and jumped on the wagon and without apparently being all that close to Tre before the cameras rolled. Now can’t say I blame them, I mean why not. But watching it back now after all these years the Gorgas were quite determined to dim Tres light and make theirs shine brighter. 

All that to say, despite being wrong 90% of the time in how she handles things, Tre needs to get away from those people. They’ll all be happier in the end. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, realityplease said:

aybe, instead of focusing on what the Gorgas did or didn't for her, she should be focused on what she can be doing to make herself independent.  If only striving (so far) to be on "Teresa's show" & Bravo payroll, isn't that what she's accusing the Gorgas of?

Rutgers is damn expensive. I don’t blame the kid in this economy for doing anything (legally) to make money to pay down her undoubtedly enormous education debt and not live the rest of her life buried in that debt (signed the parent who cried when her kid got accepted into Rutgers because I had no idea how we’d pay for all that). 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
20 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

Rutgers is damn expensive. I don’t blame the kid in this economy for doing anything (legally) to make money to pay down her undoubtedly enormous education debt and not live the rest of her life buried in that debt (signed the parent who cried when her kid got accepted into Rutgers because I had no idea how we’d pay for all that). 

Not to quibble but tuition at Rutgers for a NJ resident is pretty low as it is a state school. it is $12,000 or thereabouts compared to a private university like NYU which has tuition of $56,000.

Most middle class people can afford tuition at state schools and certainly Teresa has enough income to have been able to pay for Gia's tuition and other expenses. I was frankly surprised that she didn't go to one of the expensive private universities that have more social cachet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, amarante said:

Not to quibble but tuition at Rutgers for a NJ resident is pretty low as it is a state school. it is $12,000 or thereabouts compared to a private university like NYU which has tuition of $56,000.

Most middle class people can afford tuition at state schools and certainly Teresa has enough income to have been able to pay for Gia's tuition and other expenses. I was frankly surprised that she didn't go to one of the expensive private universities that have more social cachet. 

If she lives on campus that fee, to include room and board, goes up to $30,000 per year. She could be working the summer this was filmed and we just see her on her days off; I don't know. Or if she is getting $$ from Bravo for appearing, that's gonna exceed just about anything a student can earn at a summer job, so, good for her. The girls voicing their displeasure with the Gorgas is about the least offensive moment of this show and in future years they can flip it on their aunt and uncle and tell them they were putting food on THEIR table by giving them a storyline.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
12 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

If she lives on campus that fee, to include room and board, goes up to $30,000 per year. She could be working the summer this was filmed and we just see her on her days off; I don't know. Or if she is getting $$ from Bravo for appearing, that's gonna exceed just about anything a student can earn at a summer job, so, good for her. The girls voicing their displeasure with the Gorgas is about the least offensive moment of this show and in future years they can flip it on their aunt and uncle and tell them they were putting food on THEIR table by giving them a storyline.

Yes of course there are expenses beyond tuition but those are the same whether you go to an expensive private school or a relatively inexpensive public school

My point was that Teresa can certainly afford even $30,000 per year for college tuition given her salary from BRAVO as well as her monetized social media accounts. I would imagine even Gia makes money from social media or at the very least gets free or discounted stuff in exchange for posting.

Kids who can't afford to live on campus live at home. This is true of lots of the state universities in other states which have a high percentage of computers. Kids on Long Island live at home and go to SUNY Stony Brook for example.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, amarante said:

Ok. If that’s what it is. That’s not quite what our bill said but whatevs. 

My kid went to one of those inexpensive state schools in NJ and just graduated approx $70K in student loans. That’s after a ton of academic scholarships over 4 years AND working on campus. 

It always looks prettier on paper. So with that I still have no issue with Gia making money legally to avoid a huge amount of debt. 

• Like 10
13 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I believe I read fairly recently that Gia got a job at an immigration law firm. I could be wrong on that though. Though, like you said this season was filmed last summer.

Her goal is to get her disgusting ape of a father back in the US. Again, I was watching season 3 the other day and it's a damn shame the whole damn family wasn't deported.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3