Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Weigh, Lady, Weigh

• Start Topic

The girls party in Savannah for Meghan's bachelorette weekend, but the fun is interrupted by an unexpected hotel guest. When surgery day arrives, Ashely is terrified to have her second procedure. Tina's last minute doubts throw her into a tailspin.

Original air date 2023.03.01

• Like 1

I will say it annoys me no end when Meghan refers to Dr. Proctor as Proctor. None of the other ladies do that. Give the man the respect he deserves; he saved your life by performing the surgery!

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Why does someone who doesn’t want bariatric surgery go on a show about getting bariatric surgery?  Lol  I don’t care if Tina gets surgery or not, but that was a lot of investment into the show.  I would rather have followed a cast member who did, since that’s what I thought the show was about.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I am so sick of wishy washy Tina. I've heard all I can stand of her fears and whine, whine, whine!!!  Just give her some damned cheese to go with that whine so she can STFU!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I think Tina just whines about EVERYTHING!  She whines about the house flooding (OK), whines about the hotel room, whines about 8 freaking people in said hotel room, whines because Meghan pisses in the shower while Tina's taking a crap, whines about being big, whines about losing weight, AND NOW.... WHINES ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY!!!

Sweet tap dancing baby Jeebus, lady!!!  DO SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING and shut the hell up!  

Makes me want to scream at the TV!

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why does someone who doesn’t want bariatric surgery go on a show about getting bariatric surgery?

I asked the same question after tonight’s frustrating episode of “My 600 Lb. Life” 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Sweet tap dancing baby Jeebus, lady!!!  DO SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING and shut the hell up!  

Makes me want to scream at the TV!

Let us viewers do it!  I'd kick her out in a storm, even if she has no place to go.  Greedy bitch.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

So, Tina not doing surgery is for real?    

At least Ashely is going through with it.     Tina just can't make a decision, and stick to it can she?    

Or is it another ridiculous story line to keep the show going to  another season? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I fell asleep when they were putting on their lingerie.  At least I think that’s what they were putting on because I kept nodding off. 

From comments above I am assuming Tina has changed her mind on the surgery.  Her choice. But don’t be surprised if she waffles back and forth a few more episodes. 

If Tina gets the surgery she’s now just like her other “best friends” and will be in a competition of scales and numbers.  

If she doesn’t have the surgery she stands out from them. She professes fear for her family if she dies. What a saint. She has two moochers disrupt her  family situation but she does it because they need her. What a saint. Her relationship with her husband is crumbling but she refuses to make changes to get moochers out of the basement  What a saint 

Methinks Tina likes to play the victim card.  Nope, I can’t do anything for myself because everyone is dependent on me  What a saint  

And when she suffers health issues from neglecting her health concerns…the visiting caretakers will all write on her chart “What a Saint” 

9 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Methinks Tina likes to play the victim card.  Nope, I can’t do anything for myself because everyone is dependent on me  What a saint  

And when she suffers health issues from neglecting her health concerns…the visiting caretakers will all write on her chart “What a Saint” 

The sad thing is, they'll say "If only she'd taken care of herself better and gotten that surgery."

I too deal with weight issues, but if they make you lose 50-100 lbs to get the surgery... do you really need the surgery? As we've seen on all these shows, it's just a "tool" (can you hear Dr. Now?) and most of them fail it anyway. In the meantime they've completely savaged their digestive systems (which to be fair, they've also done by overeating).  Going from 500 to 300 lbs is still a victory of sorts. 

New medications show promise to be equally effective to bariatric surgery. We'll see down the line if they are safer, but hopefully there will be solutions which aren't quite so drastic. That might help people like Tina who can't make the leap.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I fell asleep when they were putting on their lingerie.  At least I think that’s what they were putting on because I kept nodding off. 

From comments above I am assuming Tina has changed her mind on the surgery.  Her choice. But don’t be surprised if she waffles back and forth a few more episodes. 

If Tina gets the surgery she’s now just like her other “best friends” and will be in a competition of scales and numbers.  

If she doesn’t have the surgery she stands out from them. She professes fear for her family if she dies. What a saint. She has two moochers disrupt her  family situation but she does it because they need her. What a saint. Her relationship with her husband is crumbling but she refuses to make changes to get moochers out of the basement  What a saint 

STANDS AND CLAPS!!! BRAVO!! SPOT ON!!!

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm having a hard time believing that Meghan lost 27 lbs since her other weigh in.  With Vanessa you see the difference; the sagging skin, her thinner face.  Meghan on the other hand looks exactly the same, episode after episode.  I do believe her initial weight loss because she does look different from what she looked like on the show Too Large.  But any subsequent weight loss is hard for me to see.  

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Like 6
On 3/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Renaissance wedding 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was joking about the turkey legs a few weeks ago but apparently some of the cast expect them.

On 3/1/2023 at 9:19 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Strippers..so tacky .so awkward 

Those guys really really earned their money.  Speaking of noise complaints I hope they had that wing all to themselves because any other guests would be tortured by all the shrieking.

20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, Tina not doing surgery is for real?    

At least Ashely is going through with it.     Tina just can't make a decision, and stick to it can she?    

They should make it non refundable for people who flake at the last minute.  But I think it was a misleading ending and she will end up doing it.

• Applause 2
7 hours ago, swankie said:

I'm having a hard time believing that Meghan lost 27 lbs since her other weigh in.  With Vanessa you see the difference; the sagging skin, her thinner face.  Meghan on the other hand looks exactly the same, episode after episode.  I do believe her initial weight loss because she does look different from what she looked like on the show Too Large.  But any subsequent weight loss is hard for me to see.  

I believe it- I don’t think they fake the scale (more drama if they don’t lose). People lose weight in different places and those long flowly dresses Megan wears camouflage the figure more (especially the thighs where Megan holds a lot of her weight)- and they will also stick with you across sizes easier than pants will (so I understand why she wears them). 

As someone who also has a lot of weight in her legs (I used to be an hourglass and now I’m a spoon sadly!) an a-line/open hipped dress was my best friend last summer. 

• Like 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Do we know why Meghan is living with Tina in the first place? Seriously, move the F out!

Originally, it was Tina's idea because they were "like sisters" and Meghan was depressed about her father's death. Also Meghan claimed she didn't want to be alone after her WLS that was featured on "Too Large." I don't know how John factors into this living arrangement but apparently he's okay with freeloading, too. They both have definitely overstayed their welcome. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Originally, it was Tina's idea because they were "like sisters" and Meghan was depressed about her father's death. Also Meghan claimed she didn't want to be alone after her WLS that was featured on "Too Large."

I would have thought the logical thing would have been to move in with her mother.  On Too Large I don't remember seeing Tina there when she did her weight loss reveal.  They showed Vanessa but not Tina or Ashley.  Since they're all such good friends you would think they would have been there.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

When I see all 4 of them on the couch, Tina is the only one that seems to be kind of just overweight like me but never got to be super morbidly obese like the others (400 pounds around that?) 

As in, I don’t see any lymphedema on her legs.
Her skin is so pretty. 

• Like 4
On 3/3/2023 at 12:03 AM, MrBuhBye said:

They should make it non refundable for people who flake at the last minute.  But I think it was a misleading ending and she will end up doing it.

Hospitals don't like operating rooms and staff not working and generating $. Flaking out costs $$. Now maybe this is for the show and in real life she canceled the night before, but just not showing up for surgery might screw future chances for elective surgery at that location. 

I once lost 60 lbs and only went down 1 bra size. The next ten lbs went down 2 bra sizes, and suddenly people could "see" it. Bodies are weird.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

IF, and that's a huge if Tina chose not to have surgery on her scheduled surgery day, she should be done with Dr. Proctor and his program. I get the nerves and the fears, but canceling surgery last minute is not what you do when you are a responsible adult. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Man did I feel sorry for those poor bastards on the mobile bar. Not only did they now have to deal with an additional half ton of crass, screeching harpies on the ride…but you just know that none of those ladies were actually making any real effort in propelling that thing forward. Way to kill a buzz...

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Sorry in advance for the double post…but had to add a few more thoughts. In the first season I really struggled to understand how Meghan and Vanessa were so close given that Vanessa seemed like a loud, obnoxious sex pest and Meghan seemed relatively demure in comparison. But this season has opened my eyes as to Meghan’s true nature. She is truly gross and lacks any sense of dignity or decorum. She’s inappropriate, crass and borderline predatory. If the roles were reversed and a man acted the way she did with the waiter - or even the strippers - they’d be considered a major creep. I also think she has a real problem with alcohol. And that’s one of the myriad reasons she isn’t losing the weight. Speaking from experience - cutting out alcohol completely from my diet allowed me to lose a significant amount of weight without any other major changes to my diet or exercise. I think she needs to get that under control because it really brings out her ugly side. She’s easily my least favorite of the four. And I’m really not a fan of any of them to be quite honest. I’m mostly tuning in for the train wreck. 

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
Speling iz hrd.
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

Of all the fakey "reality" shows on TLC that I have watched, I think this one is the fakiest. I don't believe for a minute that these four are best friends. Acquaintances maybe? The producers managed to come up with 4 obese women, living in the same town. The plot--well there isn't one. They go from place to place to make fools of themselves. Roller skating? Really? Fat boot camp? Really? Bachelorette weekend? Really? 

One woman has an adult woman AND her fiancé move into her house that is already overcrowded with husband and children. Then they ALL stay in ONE hotel room when they have to move out. And if Meghan can afford all those clothes, why can't she afford rent??

Sorry to ramble, I think I am just frustrated at myself for watching this!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

👆THIS!!!  The so-called bachelorette party was the last straw for me.  Cringe-worthy and totally humiliating for all participants.  Ugh! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Meghan seemed relatively demure in comparison. But this season has opened my eyes as to Meghan’s true nature. She is truly gross and lacks any sense of dignity or decorum. She’s inappropriate, crass and borderline predatory. If the roles were reversed and a man acted the way she did with the waiter - or even the strippers - they’d be considered a major creep. I also think she has a real problem with alcohol. And that’s one of the myriad reasons she isn’t losing the weight.

I totally agree!  Meghan making those sex sounds on the mobile bar gave me so much second hand embarrassment and I was alone watching this.  It was not cute at all! And wiggling and pooching out her breasts at that stripper was major cringeworthy!  For some reason she thinks she's a sexy young thing just because she's lost some weight.  I'm beginning to think her second thoughts about marrying John have more to do with her thinking she can now get someone better more than anything else.  She has no self awareness whatsoever.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Of all the fakey "reality" shows on TLC that I have watched, I think this one is the fakiest. I don't believe for a minute that these four are best friends. Acquaintances maybe? The producers managed to come up with 4 obese women, living in the same town. The plot--well there isn't one. They go from place to place to make fools of themselves. Roller skating? Really? Fat boot camp? Really? Bachelorette weekend? Really? 

One woman has an adult woman AND her fiancé move into her house that is already overcrowded with husband and children. Then they ALL stay in ONE hotel room when they have to move out. And if Meghan can afford all those clothes, why can't she afford rent??

Well according to their social media they did live in a hotel room together, grifting on Amazon the entire time and Go Funding.

Tina and Meghan and Vanessa might be friends but I don't believe that Ashley was their friend from high school since she's 8 years younger.

The strippers were cringe and the second one looked too damn young to be there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Well according to their social media they did live in a hotel room together, grifting on Amazon the entire time and Go Funding.

Tina and Meghan and Vanessa might be friends but I don't believe that Ashley was their friend from high school since she's 8 years younger.

The strippers were cringe and the second one looked too damn young to be there.

I never suggested that they didn't live together in the hotel, I am suggesting that this story seems fishy and doesn't make sense in reality. Seemed like a production ploy to add another twist to the story. 

Also, I agree with you, they may be friends, but they just don't give the impression that they are best friends. My best friends' group has a closeness and familiarity that I just don't see with this group. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

My best friends' group has a closeness and familiarity that I just don't see with this group. 

Bingo.  

And you can’t script that kind of relationship.  

It’s messed up, but I do get some entertainment from it.  It’s still not as bad as the 1000 pound sisters, imo.  Once again, I put reality tv in the same category as professional wrestling.  It’s contrived and designed for entertainment, but occasionally the players really do get hurt.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2023 at 11:05 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Why does someone who doesn’t want bariatric surgery go on a show about getting bariatric surgery?  Lol  I don’t care if Tina gets surgery or not, but that was a lot of investment into the show.  I would rather have followed a cast member who did, since that’s what I thought the show was about.  

Tina was so obnoxious about it. Fear is fine but maybe have that fear a week before the procedure. Tina is so damn whiny, good lordt.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:15 AM, magemaud said:

I asked the same question after tonight’s frustrating episode of “My 600 Lb. Life” 

RIGHT? Man, that guy sucked.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:53 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

Sorry in advance for the double post…but had to add a few more thoughts. In the first season I really struggled to understand how Meghan and Vanessa were so close given that Vanessa seemed like a loud, obnoxious sex pest and Meghan seemed relatively demure in comparison. But this season has opened my eyes as to Meghan’s true nature. She is truly gross and lacks any sense of dignity or decorum. She’s inappropriate, crass and borderline predatory. If the roles were reversed and a man acted the way she did with the waiter - or even the strippers - they’d be considered a major creep. I also think she has a real problem with alcohol. And that’s one of the myriad reasons she isn’t losing the weight. Speaking from experience - cutting out alcohol completely from my diet allowed me to lose a significant amount of weight without any other major changes to my diet or exercise. I think she needs to get that under control because it really brings out her ugly side. She’s easily my least favorite of the four. And I’m really not a fan of any of them to be quite honest. I’m mostly tuning in for the train wreck. 

This this this this this. Also, lmao @ sex-pest. Vanessa takes everything to another level, though. Her “crying” looks like bad acting.

Also, Meg’s renaissance wedding, I can’t. I can NOT. What in the Burger King crown was going on?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 3/4/2023 at 3:32 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

Man did I feel sorry for those poor bastards on the mobile bar. Not only did they now have to deal with an additional half ton of crass, screeching harpies on the ride…but you just know that none of those ladies were actually making any real effort in propelling that thing forward. Way to kill a buzz...

I generally assume in situations like this that production staff or friends of the proprietor are used to fill out spaces that should have other people in them. A two hour pub tour shot for reality tv could take 6 hrs and no paying customer would put up with it.  Might get people to sign up for free booze ride in return for being a reality tv show "extra," however. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 3/4/2023 at 2:01 PM, BAForever said:

IF, and that's a huge if Tina chose not to have surgery on her scheduled surgery day, she should be done with Dr. Proctor and his program. I get the nerves and the fears, but canceling surgery last minute is not what you do when you are a responsible adult. 

There might be times in her life where surgery is not elective.  Her children might need surgery.    She needs to stop whining about the 1% risk and think about the obesity risks which are much higher.  

As for Meghan, I can’t figure out what her deal is.  Does she work?  Who is this fiancé?  What kind of partner will he be if he’s been so passive about Meghan’s decision to freeload in someone’s basement? So many questions…

Edited by Bluesky
I wasn’t finished
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

It will be interesting to watch Vanessa's personality as she continues to transform. How much of the obnoxious, over the top stuff is bluster to cover insecurity because of her weight? Choosing to becoming the center of attention for being loud and crazy instead of/or at least in addition to being the center of attention for her size? Large people have often adopted "class clown" as a personality because it's a socially acceptable role for a large person to play.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

Meghan seems to have a problem with food, alcohol AND hoarding.

• Like 5