Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: A Frat Party, a Sleepover and the Mother of All Blisters

Bort
  • Start Topic

Is Sheldon just living in the dorm now?

I got a good laugh at the reactions to why Mandy came over to visit...

"Repurcussions" ... "it's a word, look it up."

Missy and Georgie are good kids. (Lol...I typed that just before Mandy said "Missy's a good kid...")

"What happened to killin' her?"
"I'll get to it."

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

Paige needs help…good job Missy. We need a followup on that. 

Was it Heather B or Heather M?

I loved the Georgie/George conversation

I was not OK with them slipping in Dale and MeeMaw getting back together a few episodes ago and we don’t need to know about Dale’s Charley horse…but the Dinosaurs part was awesome. I can’t blame Mandy for crashing at the Coopers.

• Like 9

I got really scared seeing Paige at that party. Thank goodness Missy and Sheldon got to her before something really, REALLY bad happened.

Sheldon getting called Pee-Wee Herman cracked me up. Although Jim Parsons could play him in a biopic…

Poor Mandy getting grossed out overhearing Dale and Connie. Even with the context, I would want to sleep somewhere else too.

Always good to see George and Mary on the same page.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Did Missy catch her ride and sleep at Heather's house without Heather's mother calling Mary and George to say that Missy was fine?

Heather’s mom called earlier and said Missy wasn’t over there. Heather had told her that she was at Missy’s.

7 minutes ago, nelroy78 said:
9 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Did Missy catch her ride and sleep at Heather's house without Heather's mother calling Mary and George to say that Missy was fine?

Heather’s mom called earlier and said Missy wasn’t over there. Heather had told her that she was at Missy’s.

Exactly.  And when Missy left Paige and Sheldon in his dorm room, she was going to find Heather so that she wouldn't miss her ride.  Yet she didn't come back home until it was light out.  Where did she spend the rest of the night?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 4
Just now, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Exactly.  And when Missy left Paige and Sheldon in his dorm room, she was going to find Heather so she didn't miss her ride.  Yet she didn't come back until it was light out.  Where did she spend the rest of the night?

I'm guessing they stayed at the dorm with Heather's sister?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm guessing they stayed at the dorm with Heather's sister?

I suppose that makes sense if she lives off-campus (otherwise, Missy wouldn't need a ride.)

I'm surprised that neither set of parents called the police at some point.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I'm surprised that neither set of parents called the police at some point.

This whole season it's like the writers keep forgetting that Missy and Sheldon are only 12 yrs old!

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Missy should have called her parents and said that they went to see Heather’s sister at the college, she ran into Sheldon and she was staying with him (and then put him on the phone to confirm it). 

I worry about Paige’s endgame. I hope that she’s able to pull her life together by the time the series ends. 

It’s amusing that Paige and Missy went unnoticed at the party, yet Sheldon gets called out as “PeeWee” as soon as he enters the room. 

• Like 8

It was actually a good episode tonight, lots of funny moments. Paige is a really cutie, too bad Sheldon has no interest in girls, I think she likes him ; she used to give a hard time, but she wasn't really that mean about it. 

I still don't get why Meemaw is with Dale, she could do better. She seems to make odd choices in the boyfriend area.

I still think Georgie is the real star of the show, he gets the best lines. I like Mandy, too, I hope she stays on the show.

• Like 10

I feel like this whole season has been kind of disjointed. Plots are brought up, dropped, and then reintroduced several episodes later. It lacks cohesion for me. And I thought that the last episode with Paige indicated that her parents were realizing her struggles and were going to get her help. Apparently not (though I was about her age when I started drinking/partying, so part of me views it as normal adolescence).

It seemed odd to me, as others mentioned, that Heather's parents didn't at least call George and Mary to let them know that the wayward girls had returned home safely. I didn't get caught as a kid, but I know some kids who were, and it was a "return kids home to parents in the middle of the night for punishment" situation. 

• Like 4

Connie and Dale were cracking me up. Probably 'cause I'm an old fart, too.

Enjoyed the frat party ... even though, as others have pointed out, there were plot holes aplenty. (Don't watch this show to think.)

Poor Paige. She'd be a lot happier if she was at Sheldon's level of cluelessness.

Happy, in sync, George and Mary - best part of the episode for me.

Edited by MollyMelrose
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Missy and Georgie are good kids. (Lol...I typed that just before Mandy said "Missy's a good kid...")

"What happened to killin' her?"
"I'll get to it.”

Sheldon too, incredibly.  In the dorm he was simply baffled at why Paige is there, but when they got to the frat party he knew that she shouldn’t be there.

And Missy was fantastic. She recognized what Paige’s situation was and acted on it immediately and effectively.  And then you start thinking, didn’t Missy come to the party for the same reason as Paige?  But no, she was there to explore, to see what it feels like, she was excited be there, but she clearly knew her boundaries.  She has a good head on her shoulders and she is strong enough to step back when she reaches those boundaries.  Forget killin’ her, her parents should be proud of her.

• Like 24
5 hours ago, shura said:

And Missy was fantastic. She recognized what Paige’s situation was and acted on it immediately and effectively.  And then you start thinking, didn’t Missy come to the party for the same reason as Paige?  But no, she was there to explore, to see what it feels like, she was excited be there, but she clearly knew her boundaries.  She has a good head on her shoulders and she is strong enough to step back when she reaches those boundaries.  Forget killin’ her, her parents should be proud of her

But Missy should probably get extra chores because a lot could have gone wrong for her too. 
Probably Mary and George don’t know about roofies, so safety talks would be lacking.

• Like 5

The way they were chanting, "Pee Wee! Pee Wee!" reminded me of when Paul Rubens was caught in the ...theater. Later that year I was at the local Renaissance Festival and the comedian at the show we were attending told us every time a man walked by with his hands in his pants pockets, we should chant, "Pee Wee! Pee Wee!" and see if he took his hands out of his pockets. Chanting for Sheldon sounded just like it did at the Ren Fest.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

This whole season it's like the writers keep forgetting that Missy and Sheldon are only 12 yrs old!

Is this Sheldon’s second or third year in college? And have they stated what grade Missy is in? 7th? 8th?

• Like 1

Best episode in a while - looking forward to re-watching it this weekend.

Lots of lines made me laugh.

And sorry that Paige is still in crisis, but Sheldon/Missy/Paige are so awesome together.

Good for Missy for being so mature - whatever age she's supposed to be.

Although, when you can't find your kid, the first thing you do is call their brother (Sheldon) or big sister (Heather's) to see if they've seen them. Of course, you might not be able to reach them either...

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, kay1864 said:

Is this Sheldon’s second or third year in college? And have they stated what grade Missy is in? 7th? 8th?

I looked up a place that gives the timeline for Young Sheldon (because they most definitely are not taking a typical calendar year approach) and according to them Sheldon has started his 3rd year in college and Georgie is 17 and the twins are 12.  At some point this year they did mention that Missy is in grade 7.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
33 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I looked up a place that gives the timeline for Young Sheldon (because they most definitely are not taking a typical calendar year approach) and according to them Sheldon has started his 3rd year in college and Georgie is 17 and the twins are 12.  At some point this year they did mention that Missy is in grade 7.

So according to that timeline Sheldon was 9 (or maybe 10) when he started college???

• Like 1
2 hours ago, highway61 said:

Although, when you can't find your kid, the first thing you do is call their brother (Sheldon) or big sister (Heather's) to see if they've seen them. Of course, you might not be able to reach them either...

Probably not, if they're all relying on the hall phone in the dorm.  I don't remember seeing a phone in Sheldon's room.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I got really scared seeing Paige at that party. Thank goodness Missy and Sheldon got to her before something really, REALLY bad happened.

I couldn't remember if Paige was the same age as Sheldon & Missy or a little bit older, but still way too young for frat parties and going home with drunk guys.  So glad they got her out of there.

15 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

It’s amusing that Paige and Missy went unnoticed at the party, yet Sheldon gets called out as “PeeWee” as soon as he enters the room. 

Well, they WERE dressed as normal teenagers.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

So according to that timeline Sheldon was 9 (or maybe 10) when he started college???

I think he was 11.  He and Missy may be on the verge of turning 13 soon.

• Like 6

Good on Sheldon for trying to look out for Paige, even going WAY outside his comfort zone to try and find her at the party. He clearly has no idea why Paige is spiraling, but he can tell something is going on with her and tried to help, in his own Sheldon kind of way. 

Missy was really great with Paige, she really does have a lot of maturity and emotional intelligence, especially for someone so young. I hope that Paige can get some help, she's really struggling and doesn't seem to have anyone around her to help her. Hopefully she can find a way to have friends and a love but in a more age appropriate way soon. 

Poor Mandy, run for the hills! 

George talking about getting to know his future granddaughter is really sad considering we know that we wont get to be a grandpa for a very long time. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I think he was 11.  He and Missy may be on the verge of turning 13 soon.

The site I found offered this as the Young Sheldon timeline and it does seem to make sense:

1989-1990: Season 1 takes place

1990-1991: Season 2 takes place

1991: Season 3 takes place

1991-1992: Season 4 takes place

1992: Season 5 takes place

1992-1993: Season 6 takes place

1993-1994: Season 7 takes place

We know the twins are 9 when Sheldon starts high school, so Sept of 1989 - season one.  Based on this timeline Sheldon starts college in season 4 which is 1991 so in Young Sheldon time two years later.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

I know everyone is locked into the ending thanks to BBT. (Sheldon, the main character, is the most obvious and extreme.) I know the other characters have a little, or a lot, of their history already known. This includes Missy. But it seems like there may be a few years in between the ending of YS and BBT that might be open for exploration. Personally, I wouldn’t mind watching a new series that follows Missy, Paige and Mandy for a few years. What say?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I worry about Paige’s endgame. I hope that she’s able to pull her life together by the time the series ends. 

Same here. Even if she struggles and is still a bit of a mess when the series ends, because there adult Sheldon narrating this story decades after the events happened, he can still say that things worked out for her years later and that all is well with her. 

14 hours ago, possibilities said:

Sheldon being concerned enough to look after Paige instead of shrugging and deciding it was not his problem was a really good character beat.

Yes! He's not a sociopath. Sometimes, he does know when something is wrong and someone needs help, it's just that with Sheldon being Sheldon, all he can usually offer is a hot beverage. He knows Paige shouldn't be at the party, but once he gets her out the party he doesn't really have much a plan for what to do next. 

14 hours ago, shura said:

And Missy was fantastic. She recognized what Paige’s situation was and acted on it immediately and effectively.  And then you start thinking, didn’t Missy come to the party for the same reason as Paige?  But no, she was there to explore, to see what it feels like, she was excited be there, but she clearly knew her boundaries.  She has a good head on her shoulders and she is strong enough to step back when she reaches those boundaries.  Forget killin’ her, her parents should be proud of her.

Missy was awesome. She wasn't planning on drinking/getting drunk or going someplace with a college guy. Once Sheldon told her Paige was at the party, Missy was on board with finding her and helping her friend. 

19 minutes ago, ColJackOneill said:

I know everyone is locked into the ending thanks to BBT. (Sheldon, the main character, is the most obvious and extreme.) I know the other characters have a little, or a lot, of their history already known. This includes Missy. But it seems like there may be a few years in between the ending of YS and BBT that might be open for exploration. Personally, I wouldn’t mind watching a new series that follows Missy, Paige and Mandy for a few years. What say?

I would be okay if they wrote out Mandy, but I would be on board for Young Coopers that follows Georgie, Missy, and the rest of the family while Sheldon is away at college. I don't think the show actually needs Sheldon to physically be there for the show to work. 

I liked this episode. It was fun to see Missy and Sheldon in a storyline together, and I love it when Paige appears. Paige is struggling. She doesn't fit in anywhere and unlike Sheldon, she wants to belong somewhere. I can understood Sheldon's confusion over someone so brilliant making such horrible life decisions. I'm glad Missy was there to remind Paige that Missy was still her friend. If Paige has dropped out of college and isn't working, what is she doing? 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Missy was awesome. She wasn't planning on drinking/getting drunk or going someplace with a college guy. Once Sheldon told her Paige was at the party, Missy was on board with finding her and helping her friend. 

Much the same way her older brother was in an earlier season when he found Missy and Sheldon at a high school party when they shouldn't have been. I'd say it goes to  how they were raised by Mary and George that leads to that behavior.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

When it comes down to it, the Coopers are all pretty good kids. 

As for Sheldon and the "Pee Wee!  Pee Wee!" chants, I put that down to Sheldon, or at least the idea of Sheldon, is well known on campus.  I mean, a 12 year old attending college classes will get noticed and gossiped about.  That "Pee Wee" nickname might even be what he's referred to behind his back on campus, and the FratBros were just drunk enough at the party to be chanting it to his face. 

I do think Paige is a little older than Missy and Sheldon, by a couple of years at most.  However, even though she's older, Paige is actually less emotionally mature than Missy is and she really had no place at either party she was at.  Neither did Missy or Heather, and even though they're fictional characters, I'm a little concerned by Heather's disappearance because she was probably just as much at risk as Paige was.  I'm going to fanwank it and decide that Heather was hanging out with her sister, who was being very protective and just giving her little sister a taste of college life as a treat.  Missy, as we saw, is pretty good at taking care of herself so I was less worried about her, though it is still a dangerous situation.  I did appreciate the writers had the frat guy nope out immediately as soon as Missy indicated Paige's true age. 

I confess, I went to a few frat parties back when I was in high school in the early eighties, just to see what the fuss was all about.  I think I might have been fifteen?  maybe sixteen?  I know my friend who drove us was sixteen with a fresh driver's license.  I didn't drink at the time, so was mostly in observation mode, and what I observed was gross.  Blatant horndogging from the FratBros who knew exactly how old we were.  It was a crush--a stinky, smelly, gross crush.  It was really quite disgusting, it smelled of vomit and beer.  The party depicted in this episode was very sanitized--I mean, there was not one T-shirt proclaiming the wearer to be a "Tittie Inspector!"  Come to think of it, I guess I was more like Missy in those circumstances, concerned my friends were going to become Paiges.  Huh.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I do think Paige is a little older than Missy and Sheldon, by a couple of years at most. 

Paige is younger than Sheldon and Missy by just a bit.  She rubbed it in that she was smarter AND younger when they first met.

I understand why they did it, but slowing down time did not work out. Paige, Sheldon and Missy are 12, or 13 at most and Missy, and they're acing like much older teens with Missy and Paige going to frat parties with nobody finding it off, and Missy trying to pick up older guys at video stores, and having a job, etc, etc.  They say she's 12, but they're writing her like 15/16 because that's how old the actress is and looks.

• Like 5
17 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Adult Sheldon's voiceover was bit of an ominous PSA when he said it had been 30 years and he still wasn't laughing about Paige throwing up and passing out in his normally pristine dorm bed (in response to Missy's suggestion that it would be something to laugh about in the future). 

1 hour ago, ColJackOneill said:

Personally, I wouldn’t mind watching a new series that follows Missy, Paige and Mandy for a few years. What say?

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing this series ends before anything really dark transpires, and I would not want to watch a new series that depicted all of the L&O: SVU-type drama hinted at in TBBT, with these same YS characters. 
I wouldn't mind seeing the actors that play some of the YS characters being cast together with new names but as similar characters, in a different-but-similar setting.
But the young actors (and their agents) might be concerned about type casting and not want to do it.
Or they might be practical and go for a paycheck. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Sheldon has started his 3rd year in college and Georgie is 17 and the twins are 12. At some point this year they did mention that Missy is in grade 7.

Well, grade 7 makes sense for age 12, but since it’s long been established that adult Sheldon entered college at age 11, seems like he should be 13, right? (assuming that 3rd year in college means that, not just that he’s taking 3rd-year courses)

And FFS shouldn’t Georgie have turned 18 by now? IIRC, a few episodes back it was that he would be 18 in a couple of months.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, kay1864 said:

Well, grade 7 makes sense for age 12, but since it’s long been established that adult Sheldon entered college at age 11, seems like he should be 13, right? (assuming that 3rd year in college means that, not just that he’s taking 3rd-year courses)

I think whether they like it or not they're going to have to go with Sheldon and Missy turning 13 this season.  Another thing I wondered about is that we know from BBT that Sheldon receives his first phd at 16.  It's not really adding up that he's in his third year in college and so far they haven't indicated that he's gotten a bachelors or a masters which he would have to have achieved before that phd.  Unless things work differently for child prodigies.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I think whether they like it or not they're going to have to go with Sheldon and Missy turning 13 this season.  Another thing I wondered about is that we know from BBT that Sheldon receives his first phd at 16.  It's not really adding up that he's in his third year in college and so far they haven't indicated that he's gotten a bachelors or a masters which he would have to have achieved before that phd.  Unless things work differently for child prodigies.

I don't know about prodigies, but typically a student goes from a Bachelors to a PhD or a Masters. 
A Masters is not required for a PhD, and it's more expensive. Often PhD's are subsidized because the candidate student is working as a TA. 
Typically a PhD takes 7 years, but apparently not for Sheldon.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I don't know about prodigies, but typically a student goes from a Bachelors to a PhD or a Masters. 

I didn't realize this. That's not the usual route in Canada.  It's very rare for anyone to go directly from an undergraduate degree into a PhD program.  Of course this is Sheldon Cooper we're talking about so he'd be one of those rare cases even here!

That said though it still seems unlikely to me that child prodigy Sheldon doesn't have a bachelors under his belt by now!  Perhaps that will come at the end of this season.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 3

Liked this episodes three story lines. Ever since Page's parents divorce, she has been in a downward spiral. Sheldon expressing concern for Page and trying to keep her safe. Missy's quick thinking suggesting Page is under 16 with the guy quickly departing priceless. Connie and Dale were humorous with their bedroom banter. Mandy hi-tailing it across the street to escape. Georgie being the last one to get it why Mandy came over. Missy and Heather telling each of their parents there are going over the the other person place all while secretly going out to a frat party was totally teenage life. Missy comes home and lies to her parents but Mary and George are already on to her. Would have been nice to have seen what consequences Missy would have incurred for the lie and what she would have told them when they would ask where she had been. 

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Poor Mandy getting grossed out overhearing Dale and Connie.

Would she have been grossed out if it had been a young couple having sex?  Older couples aren't dead in that department.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I understand why they did it, but slowing down time did not work out. Paige, Sheldon and Missy are 12, or 13 at most

Reagan Revord looks much older than 12.  It's getting hard to believe that the twins are still pre-teens.  

• Like 1

This was one of the more fun recent episodes, though they missed an opportunity to have Sheldon dunked in the fountain. I hoped to see Darren and Oscar again but I guess Sheldon lives in another dorm - or at home, whatever the story requires.

I didn't mind Mandy this time - I agreed with her fleeing the house. I didn't need that subplot but the show's big with the 50+ audience.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Reagan Revord looks much older than 12.  It's getting hard to believe that the twins are still pre-teens.  

I just checked and Reagan turned 15 last month.  No wonder she looks older than 12!!!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Paige is younger than Sheldon and Missy by just a bit.  She rubbed it in that she was smarter AND younger when they first met.

I vaguely remembered that. According to the IMDB trivia page, "Though Paige is introduced as a month younger than Sheldon, Mckenna Grace is actually two years older than Iain Armitage." 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, kay1864 said:

And FFS shouldn’t Georgie have turned 18 by now? IIRC, a few episodes back it was that he would be 18 in a couple of months.

But, Mandy said he wouldn't be 18 by the time the baby was born. He said he'd be 18 in March, but I don't know when March was at that point.

3 hours ago, januaryman said:

didn't mind Mandy this time - I agreed with her fleeing the house. I didn't need that subplot but the show's big with the 50+ audience.

I'm 50 (but not plus) and I didn't really need it either.

• Like 4

I’m okay if they manipulate timeline & schedule show to end in a season or two & we don’t have to live through George dying. On BBT, we knew he died before range. Quite happy if all we know from this show is he dies after range of show.  Also don’t need to see affair. It ultimately happened but not sure it’s sitcom material. 

• Like 6

Just finished watching this and two things: does Sheldon live at the dorm now?  Because HE'S 12 and this is Mary Coopers kid.  This makes no sense.  And two Missy said that Heather's older sister took them to the party.  Really writers?  An 18 or possibly even older girl is going to take her 12 year old sister to a frat party?  Try again.

Otherwise though I enjoyed this episode.  Especially the way Mary and George were united and also loved the way Georgie figured he'd be the first parent in the history of parenting to get it right.  George's little smiles when Georgie was talking were perfect.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

also loved the way Georgie figured he'd be the first parent in the history of parenting to get it right.  George's little smiles when Georgie was talking were perfect.

George was probably thinking, "If there is justice in the universe, your kid will be just like you."

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

I thought Sheldon and Missy were fourteen or fifteen by now? I didn't think there was that big of an age difference between the twins and Georgie.  Did Georgie even graduate high school? Is he still in? Did he drop out?