Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: A Frat Party, a Sleepover and the Mother of All Blisters

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 6/30/2023 at 8:42 AM, appositival said:

If Page has no friends, she must be pushing people away. I just talked to the random people around me, and I was 27 (on the GI bill), ragged and shaggy when everyone else was groomed for success (in the early eighties), always sat in front, and answered way too many of the teachers' questions. I still made friends! Page looks far more approachable than I ever did.

Paige has no friends because her parents hired someone to be her chaperone and all she is allowed to do is study.  When she traveled to Sheldon's school for a presentation, the other students in her group all went out for drinks and she was left alone with the chaperone.

Basically, Paige isn't allowed to have any fun because her parents are afraid of what might happen to her.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Paige has no friends because her parents hired someone to be her chaperone and all she is allowed to do is study.  When she traveled to Sheldon's school for a presentation, the other students in her group all went out for drinks and she was left alone with the chaperone.

Basically, Paige isn't allowed to have any fun because her parents are afraid of what might happen to her.

That plan worked out well, didn’t it?

• LOL 1
On 6/30/2023 at 10:28 AM, shapeshifter said:

But I would prefer to see final-season Paige get back on track academically while she's still young and has a full lifetime of opportunities before her to use her smarts for good — both her own and the world's 🌏 — rather than having a voiceover telling us she finally got an advanced degree when she was in her 40s.

I agree that would be what I'd want, but this is a Chuck Lorre show, so it probably won't happen.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

I agree that would be what I'd want, but this is a Chuck Lorre show, so it probably won't happen.

I don't even know what "a Chuck Lorre show" means anymore in terms of creative choices and/or how involved the actual Chuck Lorre is anymore.
"Chuck Lorre" seems more on par with "Barbie" with regards to meaning a brand that is not a person. 

Anyhoo.
Yes.
I agree, that

... I would prefer to see final-season Paige get back on track academically while she's still young and has a full lifetime of opportunities before her to use her smarts for good — both her own and the world's 🌏...

and, maybe it might happen...?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2