Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Mic Drop

• Start Topic

With the impending arrival of their baby, Maggie wraps things up at work while the guys help Gary set up the nursery. Regina’s efforts to help Dustin cause a rift with Rome. Katherine plans a surprise for Greta’s birthday.

Original airdate 3/15/23

4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

'k, who called Braxton-Hicks?

I’m impressed.  I had 2 LOL in the first few minutes!  Gary says….Braxton Hicks?  Are we getting a baby or a law firm?  Lol. 

And, Katherine calls the paper thing a cooty catcher?  Lol.  My funny bone got hit.  

• Like 2

I hope they can work through this delivery problem.  The same thing happened to a friend’s wife years ago and it was very scary.  They had to push the baby back and do a c-section.  My friend was traumatized, as was his wife. (Suffered blood loss.)  The baby was ok, but they worried over oxygen deprivation.  And, they were in a hospital!   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1

So….the know it all midwife is gonna put Maggie and baby John (just a guess) in danger to prove that her way is the right choice, right?

EDIT

Missed that one. I stand by my other predictions tho. 

Edited by JayDub1987

So I was reminded once again that Delilah is a bitch. And Eddie is the eternal butt monkey. Poor Eddie.

And, yeah, Rome made Eddie's problem all about him, but I can't blame him for being angry. There's a huge difference between not telling your spouse about booking a weekend trip and not telling your spouse about using up saved up points for a special trip because you're playing social worker. At least talk about it first.

Yeah, Tyrell and Sophie will get together. I knew instantly that Tyrell's girlfriend was seeing someone else. 

Katherine and Greta still have no chemistry.

And, I'm glad they didn't name the baby "Jon."

And even though Maggie had her baby, I was mostly bored.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Has Gary really never heard of Braxton Hicks? Has he never watched a TV show with a pregnant woman? They all get Braxton Hicks.

As soon as Tyrell said his girlfriend didn't know he was coming, I knew she'd have another date. But I guess it makes sense to free him up for Sophie. He's the only one age appropriate for her to date.

So while Maggie is in labor, Gary texts Rome to have the car running. That obviously suggests there is a problem and he is worried. Cut to the next scene with Rome, still just standing outside the door?

That baby looked very fake.

I don't care about Katharine and Greta, but loved the reference to fortune tellers and snap bracelets. 

Wow, Delilah's house finally sold. Wonder where Sophie will go? And how crappy of Delilah to blow off Eddie when he is telling her how much he misses Charlie?

• Like 12

So is Grace Park just wearing a wig?  Katherine's hair seems to get worse by the episode, and I want to imagine that is the explanation rather than someone actually making her hair purposefully look like that.

26 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

So while Maggie is in labor, Gary texts Rome to have the car running. That obviously suggests there is a problem and he is worried. Cut to the next scene with Rome, still just standing outside the door?

I noticed that as well.  Not the best continuity. 

I was very mixed on Gary during the episode.  He's very controlling, showing up at Maggie's work unannounced and directing Dr. Jessica to get Maggie to do what Gary wants.  Also, for someone who has been very involved in Maggie's pregnancy, he seems extremely poorly informed about how the birthing process works. 

31 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

And how crappy of Delilah to blow off Eddie when he is telling her how much he misses Charlie?

In fairness to her, it's been what, a year or two since she left?  She didn't know what he was going to say, and it says something that it essentially took a third party to convince Eddie he should actually try to be a parent to his daughter. 

• Like 6

There are supposedly 13 episodes this season, looks like they're setting up the end game.  Sophie is going to have to move out of the house now that it is sold.  So, she will magically get into Yale and move in with Tyrell?  We're going to be getting the Katherine/Greta very special wedding episode.  Eddie is going to end up running off to France I guess now that Greta can be Theo's second parent. Not that it makes sense, but this show is not about making sense.  Gary and Maggie have their child so I expect he will be in hospice shortly.  Regina's business partner is going to end up falling for the homeless guy and they will somehow buy out the food truck business so Regina can go back to school to be a social worker.

It appears that, even now that the pandemic travel restrictions have lifted, TPTB have realized that bringing Delilah/Stephanie Szostak and her terrible acting back is a really awful idea.  She'll make a quick appearance at Catherine's wedding, because, of course, Catherine will ask her ex husband's former mistress to attend.  She'll probably be matron of honor and catch the bouquet.  Then she'll head back to France with Eddie and the kid.

As someone who has actually delivered thousands of babies, I have no idea what was going one in the birthing scene.  I think TPTB were trying to imply there was a shoulder dystocia, but that happens only after the head is delivered which clearly hadn't happened and is one of the biggest emergencies in obstetrics and not the sort of thing where the midwife makes a couple of casual comments about it and waits a while before doing anything.  Once the head is out, the umbilical cord is compressed and the baby is not getting oxygen through it.  Meanwhile, the baby's chest is still in the birth canal and that prevents the kid from inhaling and starting to breathe.  The baby will die in a matter of minutes if it isn't resolved and, serious injury from lack of oxygen will happen long before that.  Whatever it was the midwife told Gary to do was nonsensical too.  Hold her leg and HE needs to push?  Say what?

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Useful 7

JAVIER CHAD MENDEZ? Seriously? Naming your kid after family can be cool and nostalgic and all (and not surprising considering that Gary’s dad diet at the big inning on the season) but Javier Chad Mendez!? 

I really hope Sophie is aware that the house is being sold and has had time to find a new place to live. It’d be shitty to pull the rug out from under her. 

Speaking from of shitty things to do, it’s probably a good idea to ask your husband if you can use his airline miles when you knew you two had to a trip planned rather than wait to tell him when you come home and find him arguing with customer service. Maybe it’s just me. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Frisky Wig
Added the Rome/Regina thing
  • Like 9

The b!tch who ghosted her children is back! 😆

And the Dixon house is finally sold. Where's Sophie going to live now? At Uncle Gary's with Uncle Eddie, temporarily?? Is Delilah going to come back to help with the packing or is she going to outsource everything?

Congrats Katherine & Greta on your engagement. I hope we will not get a "planning a wedding" plot involving Theo. Oh god, please no. 😣

Wait, wait! Did Maggie ever mention the water birth? I thought she wanted a home birth.

AMLT S05 E06 - Pic 8.jpg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Wait, wait! Did Maggie ever mention the water birth? I thought she wanted a home birth.

AMLT S05 E06 - Pic 8.jpg

I don't remember a water delivery being mentioned, but a home birth doesn't preclude one.

My child went to grade school with a kid whose mother had more than one home water birth.  After the latest was born (with its many siblings in attendance) the school mate brought the umbilical cord "stump" in for show and tell.  I happened to be there as a classroom helper and I thought the teacher was going to lose her breakfast.

• LOL 8

So, after the midwife’s assistant got caught in traffic, she must have decided to not come at all.  

Delilah looked so different.  Hmmm….

With the house sold, Sophie could go live in Rome’s dad’s house and care for him, though that might interfere with her tour schedule.🙄. When she talked about giving Tyrell free tickets to her show….ugh…

Where was Theo?  I guess with Katherine’s mom.  That hairstyle was quite distracting.  I won’t say much more, because I wonder if there’s a medical situation going on.   

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The b!tch who ghosted her children is back! 😆

And the Dixon house is finally sold. Where's Sophie going to live now? At Uncle Gary's with Uncle Eddie, temporarily?? Is Delilah going to come back to help with the packing or is she going to outsource everything?

Congrats Katherine & Greta on your engagement. I hope we will not get a "planning a wedding" plot involving Theo. Oh god, please no. 😣

AMLT S05 E06 - Pic 8.jpg

Many people who plan home births arrange to have a 'birthing pool' available too, it helps with relaxation during labor even if the delivery doesn't happen in it. There are commercial kits out there that you can buy.  Hospitals use them too.  They are just the same as the typical kiddie pool that you pump to inflate, only cost 4 times as much.

4 hours ago, Leeds said:

I don't remember a water delivery being mentioned, but a home birth doesn't preclude one.

My child went to grade school with a kid whose mother had more than one home water birth.  After the latest was born (with its many siblings in attendance) the school mate brought the umbilical cord "stump" in for show and tell.  I happened to be there as a classroom helper and I thought the teacher was going to lose her breakfast.

No one should have to be subjected to the remnants of birth against their will.  I've seen lots of umbilical cord stumps in my time, thousands, but I would never let a kid carry it around for show and subject random strangers to it.

Here's a link to water labor/birth equipment.  The hospital where I used to practice bought the whole water package including rubber duckie thermometer and fish net to scoop debris (yes, THAT!) from the water.

https://www.inhishands.com/water-birth?msclkid=da29fcfe3f1813a8494c98ed2b523255&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP Search - Water Birth&utm_term=Birthing Pool&utm_content=Birthing Pool

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

This episode actually made me realize I will miss this show , despite making fun of it weekly. Gary talking about googling Braxton Hicks and getting side tracked by Toni Braxton seemed like something I would do and I laughed. I really don’t want it to end with Gary dying. I’ve never liked Maggie and think she will expect all the friends to raise the kid if Gary isn’t around. I agree with the prediction about Regina becoming a social worker. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 6
11 hours ago, historylover820 said:

So I was reminded once again that Delilah is a bitch. And Eddie is the eternal butt monkey. Poor Eddie.

And I was reminded how much I didn't like the character.

11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Has Gary really never heard of Braxton Hicks? Has he never watched a TV show with a pregnant woman? They all get Braxton Hicks.

Given they attended a class for pregnant women, I would have assumed he'd have heard about them. But assuming on this show is a big risk.

7 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The whole (very brief) conversation I wondered if Sophie even knew. Had her mother even given her a heads up that there was an offer on the table?

I do remember a water birth being mentioned in the midwife's original interview.

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

No one should have to be subjected to the remnants of birth against their will.  I've seen lots of umbilical cord stumps in my time, thousands, but I would never let a kid carry it around for show and subject random strangers to it.

The only "birthing remnant" my oldest presented at show and tell was her baby sister. 😆 Though the kids would have loved other things - from my experience, they love ooky stuff.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

It always kills me on television shows when a woman is experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions.  The split second that someone declares that that is what is going on, the pain immediately stops.  Maggie looked like she was having a big contraction and was in all kinds of pain while the midwife was examining her, but as soon as she explained the Braxton Hicks, Maggie just popped right up off the bed and had no more issues.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, alalaxmom said:

It always kills me on television shows when a woman is experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions.  The split second that someone declares that that is what is going on, the pain immediately stops.  Maggie looked like she was having a big contraction and was in all kinds of pain while the midwife was examining her, but as soon as she explained the Braxton Hicks, Maggie just popped right up off the bed and had no more issues.

It also kills me when someone has two contractions and everyone panics as if the kid was going to fall out anytime.  The average woman is in labor 12-16 hours with her first child and can give it an hour or more to see if the contractions are regular before even contacting their caregiver let alone going to the hospital.  The midwife telling Maggie to call when the contractions were 10 minutes apart was also bogus.  Virtually anyone who is pregnant will have a few contractions 10 minutes apart on occasion and it is not a sign of labor.  In active labor, the contractions are 5 minutes apart, usually closer.  Anything less than that, especially with a first baby, is not labor.

Given they attended a class for pregnant women, I would have assumed he'd have heard about them. But assuming on this show is a big risk.

Gary was too busy googling his classmates to bother paying attention.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 8

It also kills me when someone has two contractions and everyone panics as if the kid was going to fall out anytime.  The average woman is in labor 12-16 hours with her first child and can give it an hour or more to see if the contractions are regular before even contacting their caregiver let alone going to the hospital.  The midwife telling Maggie to call when the contractions were 10 minutes apart was also bogus.  Virtually anyone who is pregnant will have a few contractions 10 minutes apart on occasion and it is not a sign of labor.  In active labor, the contractions are 5 minutes apart, usually closer.  Anything less than that, especially with a first baby, is not labor.

Yeah, the 10 minutes was a surprise, given that I'd been told 5 minutes.  I'm not an average woman though - so my experience is more often portrayed on tv than a normal one (less than one hour for my first - no perceivable contractions because it was all just one big contraction for the whole time - well, that's what it felt like anyway)

• Like 2

One of the only good things about the show (JRR, of course, being one of the best things about it) is how Nash ruined Delilah so much for the fans that he is now giving us all the "Fuck Delilah" content that we have long craved. Even there, though, it's this sort of gross, "See? I'm like you guys! I hate Delilah, too! Oh? I'm the reason she sucks so bad? Well...try to forget that as I shit on her some more!"

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

As soon as Tyrell said his girlfriend didn't know he was coming, I knew she'd have another date. But I guess it makes sense to free him up for Sophie.

When Tyrell said he thought Vali would have told him she was into another guy, I thought we'll she probably thought Tyrell would tell her he was coming to the prom.  Who  surprises someone like that?  

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I agree with the prediction about Regina becoming a social worker. 

Well she sure isn't much of a food truck owner. 

• 1.  Park the food truck just outside a homeless encampment.
  • 2. Schedule a meeting with a social worker (who apparently isn't too busy either) at the same park.
  • 3. While the meeting is going on, one employee (Sophie) is at home helping Tyrell get ready and the other one is at the pond playing with the little girl.   Meanwhile the food truck is unmanned and zero customers.  

And the cherry on top is she blew all their airline miles on a hotel room that wasn't even fully used since Dustin checked out early.  

We know Walter was home since Tyrell said he didn't want to wake him up.  But Rome was in Gary's hallway and Gina wasn't home either.  So did they just leave him in bed all day????  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 6

I can’t seem to remember what became of Sophie’s brother.  I can’t even remember his name.

Isn’t he still in high school or did he go off to college?  Or did he go back to France with Delilah?   Now that the house has sold, won’t he need a place to live too?

8 minutes ago, LoveIsJoy said:

Isn’t he still in high school or did he go off to college?  Or did he go back to France with Delilah?   Now that the house has sold, won’t he need a place to live too?

He was just in an episode two or three episodes ago.  My understanding is that he is back living at home.  Not sure where he has vanished to, but you presume had he been around, he would have been huddled with the rest of them outside Maggie and Gary's door. 

Meanwhile the food truck is unmanned and zero customers. 

That pretty much sums up Regina's business plan. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

He was just in an episode two or three episodes ago.  My understanding is that he is back living at home.  Not sure where he has vanished to, but you presume had he been around, he would have been huddled with the rest of them outside Maggie and Gary's door. 

I thought Danny was just visiting on a break from school….

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
38 minutes ago, LoveIsJoy said:

I can’t seem to remember what became of Sophie’s brother.  I can’t even remember his name.

You would think that, since Danny is seemingly particularly close to Gary, that he would want to be there.  Yet, not a word.  Not even a mention that he'd gone out of town with his boyfriends or some other excuse for his absence.

JAVIER CHAD MENDEZ? Seriously? Naming your kid after family can be cool and nostalgic and all (and not surprising considering that Gary’s dad diet at the big inning on the season) but Javier Chad Mendez!? 

The writing has been on the wall for this show for quite some time now.  Maggie's dead brother's story was a plot several years ago.  Meanwhile, Gary's dad has been in and out but no major stuff until this season.  It just shows how poorly this whole show has been written and how half a**ed the story arcs are that someone, years ago, didn't realize that, at some point, Maggie might have a child and want to use her brother's name and, therefore, not give her brother a name like Chad which sounds terrible with virtually everything.  Since Gary is Hispanic and has an Hispanic last name, Javier is not such a bad first name, but, since they didn't have the foresight to not name Maggie's brother Chad, it seems like more effort could've gone into giving Gary's dad a name that would sound better with Chad.  I have no idea what that name would be, though.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I thought Danny was just visiting on a break from school….

Wasn't he just getting closer with his former and now current boyfriend?  I got the impression that he wanted to hang around and be with him although I tend to zone out a lot during this show and might've missed them both relocating to France.

• Like 1

Seriously, did Grace Park cut the hair stylist off in traffic one time and this is their revenge? Why does her hair look like some kind of birds nest every episode now, it looks so awful. I guess its nice that she and Greta are engaged, just in time to end the show with a big wedding, but they still have zero chemistry. 

It seems bizarre that Gary, who has supposedly been so obsessed with this pregnancy, would have never heard of something as common as Braxton Hicks, but it did lead to the Toni Braxton jokes, which were actually funny. If the show focused on more things like that, the random weird ups and downs of life instead of constant melodrama, this show would be so much better. Now we finally have the baby, and while I was wrong about the kid being named Jon, we did get a double dead person name! Javier Chad is certainly a name. 

I was not a fan of Regina trying to guilt trip Rome for being annoyed at her using their miles for her latest project, she should have at least asked Rome about it, or at the very least told him about it. Then she acted like he was being an asshole about it, but I think he was perfectly justified at being annoyed at them not getting to take a trip so that Regina can play hero. The poor guy is dealing with his father getting dementia which is going to be even harder with his depression, can he not have a fun trip to look forward to. And then the guy checked out anyway! Looks like now her former project will be helping her current project, while the food truck sits there unmanned. Maybe Regina should just become a social worker full time, she has clearly lost interest in actually running a business. 

Tyrell and Sophie are definitely going to get together, which is good because Sophie needs some good news now that her mom sold the house she's living in without letting her now. Obviously she can crash with the codependent weirdos, but that's still pretty rough. Glad to get the reminder that Delilah sucks, she's so unlikable that even the show realized it and kicked her off the show except for the occasional zoom call. Of course she blows off Eddie when he tries to talk about how he misses his daughter and can only talk about how great her selling the house is for HER. Also, where the hell was Danny this episode?  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

You would think that, since Danny is seemingly particularly close to Gary, that he would want to be there.  Yet, not a word.  Not even a mention that he'd gone out of town with his boyfriends or some other excuse for his absence.

The writing has been on the wall for this show for quite some time now.  Maggie's dead brother's story was a plot several years ago.  Meanwhile, Gary's dad has been in and out but no major stuff until this season.  It just shows how poorly this whole show has been written and how half a**ed the story arcs are that someone, years ago, didn't realize that, at some point, Maggie might have a child and want to use her brother's name and, therefore, not give her brother a name like Chad which sounds terrible with virtually everything.  Since Gary is Hispanic and has an Hispanic last name, Javier is not such a bad first name, but, since they didn't have the foresight to not name Maggie's brother Chad, it seems like more effort could've gone into giving Gary's dad a name that would sound better with Chad.  I have no idea what that name would be, though.

Everette.  I like it with Chad.  

• LOL 2

I'm pretty much hate-watching this show now. 

Dear Gary: EVERYONE knows what a mucus plug is (or can figure it out).  How stupid can this guy be? He was too busy stalking potential friends in childbirth class to learn about mucus plugs and braxon hicks.  And how many people does it take to (take apart and) put together a crib?  They just took it apart, yet now they can't reverse the steps?

So they are FINALLY having Eddie miss his daugher.  "I can't even guess what size she is now."  Probably the same.  The writers probably kept her as a baby still.

Thank God that Gary and his therapist were able to convince Maggie to go have her baby! (eye roll) This plot was so silly.  Any first-time mom having contractions is going to get herself to the birthing location ASAP. Of course the whole gang stayed for the birth!!  The bit with Alexa and the playlist was funny though.  

It was really wrong of Regina to postpone their Hawaii trip by using the points!  She should have asked Rome first.

I KNEW it was a bad idea for Tyrell to surprise his girlfriend!  I predicted that ending.

As a proud Beetle owner, I loved the blue Bug.  The proposal was very sweet and romantic.  Best part of the episode.  But why did they cancel their plans to attend the birth?

• Like 10
On 3/16/2023 at 2:59 PM, Notabug said:

not give her brother a name like Chad which sounds terrible with virtually everything.  

I feel bad for people named Chad*. I have a cousin named Chad and he is a super nice, chill guy. Not a Chad.

*Also Karen. Every Karen I've known has been a perfectly nice person.

On 3/16/2023 at 6:22 PM, LavenderSunset said:

As a proud Beetle owner, I loved the blue Bug.  The proposal was very sweet and romantic.  Best part of the episode.  But why did they cancel their plans to attend the birth?

Also I'm pretty sure they just left the picnic stuff sitting there...

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 4

This show is trying to drive me crazy and it's working. Sigh.

Maggie/Gary - These two are sickening. I cannot believe the show had Jessica Bruno apologize to Maggie. JESSICA BRUNO 👏🏾 DID 👏🏾 NOTHING 👏🏾 WRONG!! This was some DARVO bullshit. Then there's the nonsense of Maggie being in labor during her radio show. I've mentioned often in these threads that I spent the early part of my career in the 90s working in radio. I remember when one of my colleagues was heavily pregnant with her daughter. I promise you if she so much as winced, everyone in the office would've called 911.

The Baby - This whole thing just made me appreciate PBS' Call the Midwife all the more. When the midwife handed the baby to them then packed up her stuff and left, I was yelling at the screen like "Excuse me? There's still a placenta to be dealt with! Gary needs to step out into the hallway and let Trixie, Shelagh and and Dr. Turner handle business.

Rome/Regina/Sophie/etc - I agree that Sophie and Tyrell will end up together. I'm assuming that the sale of the house will mean that Sophie needs a new place to live.

I haven't missed Delilah at all.

Edited by marceline
  • Like 7
  • Applause 5

Maybe the whole crew can pitch in to buy Delilah’s house and live there together. They can call it Codependent Weirdo Manor. Regina can park her food truck out front and Sophie can busk for the neighbors. Maggie can do her radio show from the house. Gary doesn’t work anyway. They can all take turns watching Rome’s dad. Then they never have to miss a minute of each other’s lives.

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1

I should have visited this forum a long time ago. The best thing about watching this episode was laughing at this thread later. 🤣

I can't even add a comment on the content of the show as you have all summed up my feelings so well. Thanks for the laughs!

• Like 8

I hope everyone enjoyed that room temperature champagne that had been sitting out on the beach for hours.

IMDB only lists two more episodes, which at the rate this show loves BIG DRAMATIC GESTURES will end with Katherine and Greta’s wedding (and possibly Tyrell and Sophie’s engagement!?)  

The finale is allegedly entitled 

Spoiler

Dear Diary

Also, Gary and Maggie, you have been attending birthing classes for actual weeks, you can not act this clueless about what a Mucus Plug is or what Braxton-Hicks contractions are.

Jessica Bruno is only a therapist because of experiencing trauma, because, naturally, why would this show pick any other motivation for a character?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, desertflower said:

Maybe the whole crew can pitch in to buy Delilah’s house and live there together. They can call it Codependent Weirdo Manor. Regina can park her food truck out front and Sophie can busk for the neighbors. Maggie can do her radio show from the house. Gary doesn’t work anyway. They can all take turns watching Rome’s dad. Then they never have to miss a minute of each other’s lives.

This is genius, Desertflower.

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, marceline said:

I cannot believe the show had Jessica Bruno apologize to Maggie. JESSICA BRUNO 👏🏾 DID 👏🏾 NOTHING 👏🏾 WRONG!!

Was going to post just that. Why was she apologizing for the way "SHE behaved?"

Maggie and Gary are already terrible parents for adding Chad to the kid's name. Sorry to all other Chad but no. You don't call a kid "Chad"

I was surprised that Rome wasn't inside Maggie's vagina filming his next movie. 

Were Katherine and Greta In Martha's Vineyard? Does the ferry operate at their personal request? Did the labor take the how many hours it takes for them to get there "just after" the baby was born?

That Midwife was not very sure of herself, was she? Not to mention that we didn't see how invested Maggie was in the home labor. She had an idea, talked to the Midwife who said they needed to think it through, next thing in she is having the baby at home. This is a terrible portrayal of home birth and a disservice to midwifery in general.

What happened to Maggie's mom? I thought they were ok now yet we haven't heard anything about her during the whole pregnancy. It would be pretty simple to include a line or two about why she wasn't there. Not that all mothers need to be present but if they are  in good terms, it is weird that she wasn't even, apparently, informed

So, I guess Walter was alone in the apartment burning it down, right?

• Like 8
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Also I'm pretty sure they just left the picnic stuff sitting there...

I didn't even notice - it's so common on tv shows for people to leave a full plate of food they bought, or a breakfast, etc. and think nothing of it.

15 hours ago, marceline said:

The Baby - This whole thing just made me appreciate PBS' Call the Midwife all the more. When the midwife handed the baby to them then packed up her stuff and left, I was yelling at the screen like "Excuse me? There's still a placenta to be dealt with! Gary needs to step out into the hallway and let Trixie, Shelagh and and Dr. Turner handle business.

I was saying that too - from both my personal experience and Call the Midwife.  Of course, broadcast TV can't really match Midwife for a real portrayal of home birth in all its bloody and ooky glory. (I also was "where did they clean the baby, and why is the bed fully made without pads or anything?)

11 hours ago, nichelle said:

I should have visited this forum a long time ago. The best thing about watching this episode was laughing at this thread later. 🤣

Welcome, we'll be here all season!

As for the baby's name, it doesn't bother me. Apparently I have no bias against Chad - and I've seen/heard WAY too many truly terrible names over the years.

I'd forgotten about Walter, and I'm not even his daughter-in-law or son.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I hope everyone enjoyed that room temperature champagne that had been sitting out on the beach for hours.

Yes. When exactly did Katherine set that up, and then just leave it there??

Gary really bugged. Was not the way to write a nervous father-to-be.

Was confused when the midwife said both that she baby was breathing fine, but she could just now start seeing its head. How could she know it was breathing fine if it was only then crowning?

Everyone waiting out in the hallway was just nuts. And I understand prospective grandparents racing to the hospital to wait for a birth, but everyone else usually just says "let me know when it's born." 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, circumvent said:

I was surprised that Rome wasn't inside Maggie's vagina filming his next movie. 

Haha!  Same.  We know he had his camera because he filmed the whole crib debacle. 

I wonder when Gina made the food she brought or did Sophie pick it up from an actual working truck/restaurant? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, marceline said:

This show is trying to drive me crazy and its working. Sigh.

Maggie/Gary - These two are sickening. I cannot believe the show had Jessica Bruno apologize to Maggie. JESSICA BRUNO 👏🏾 DID 👏🏾 NOTHING 👏🏾 WRONG!! This was some DARVO bullshit. Then there's the nonsense of Maggie being in labor during her radio show. I've mentioned often in these threads that I spent the early part of my career in the 90s working in radio. I remember when one of my colleagues was heavily pregnant with her daughter. I promise you if she so much as winced, everyone in the office would've called 911.

I was so mad that they made that character apologize to Maggie of all people. Fly-off-the-handle, assume-the-worst Maggie. Gah. At least Maggie mumbled something on air about first impressions and all that. Let's hope motherhood softens her a bit. For all that she is a therapist, she sure has a very self-centered outlook. 

Episode was okay, I didn't mind the Greta and Katherine proposal, although I did wonder about MV.  Skip the birth, you'll see the baby when you get back. 

And Gary has had 8.5 to 9 months to prepare, supposedly taking childbirth classes and he doesn't know what a mucus plug or braxton-hicks contractions are?  I guess those classes didn't cover that part. It seems very old-fashioned of the writers to have Gary so out of it.

And I agree, I haven't missed Delilah at all. 

• Like 4

One more thing: After all the drama with Eddie and the classes he wanted to take, and the grumpy professor, I guess it is all going great for him. He wasn't in class, he wasn't working, and had time not only to take a crib down and put it back together the whole day, but also to wait outside a door for a baby to be born.

Already said but here it goes again: after all the dram with Walter and the move, and the troubles finding a home health aide, and Sophie stepping in, the old man is alone again, who knows where? 

Regina does't work anyway, she starts a business and gets side tracked with something else, and I have no idea how the food truck can actually have another person who has time to play with a kid. 

I know we ask that a lot but WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? I mean. I have friends, I am dedicated, but sometimes I just can't show up because you know, I am an adult with obligations and a life that is not connected mind, body and soul to any specific group of  people, all the time. But I guess in the world of AMLT they can change, stop, rewind and fast forward time. Nobody works if somebody has a headache, or umps their toe on the table. The world must stop until all of them get to the place of crisis and fix the boo boo.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, circumvent said:

Were Katherine and Greta In Martha's Vineyard? Does the ferry operate at their personal request? Did the labor take the how many hours it takes for them to get there "just after" the baby was born?

They weren't in Martha's Vinyard, they were on their way to the ferry to get there. When the car broke down, Katherine was all, "oh, we'll miss the ferry." But of course that was all a set up. I'm not sure they were that far from Boston if they were at a beach where they went as kids.

But they did just leave the remains of their picnic lying around. That is really crappy.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, smartymarty said:

Everyone waiting out in the hallway was just nuts. And I understand prospective grandparents racing to the hospital to wait for a birth, but everyone else usually just says "let me know when it's born." 

My best-friend-since-we-were-two texted me a few hours later when her kids were born (her son was born around 5:30 am; she knows better than to wake me up that early 😏; I went to see them later in the day, then went back the next day to hang out with her so her husband could go home and spend some time with their daughter, who was two at the time - too young to understand why mom and dad disappeared in the middle of the night and didn't come back for a day and a half...; she didn't want to be left alone and her mom had something to do that afternoon..).

• Like 3