Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Ashley reveals the reason behind her recent break-up with Luke and what she is set to gain from her divorce settlement with Michael; Mia discloses how she and Gordon lost control of their businesses and updates the group on their financial status.

Airdate: 02.19.2023

• Like 1

Yeah, they definitely went back and edited the reunion after the mess came out about Robyn. I seriously doubt Karen yawned when Robyn was talking about the wedding. She might have rolled her eyes, but if she actually did they would have showed it in the same frame. Candiace's dress is so great and dramatic, I totally lose Robyn on the couch. I hate Ashley's entire look. I hate the wig. The cut, the color, it's all wrong. The dress is too much. She has looked better all season. 

So when Ashley was on camera extending and renegotiating the prenup and told us that she was getting half, she was lying then or lying now? She's the worst gold digger ever. Yeah, Candiace kind of ate Ashley up about the house thing. Ashley is forever sore that her mother probably had something to do with her bag not being as full as it could have been for the divorce. The nerve of Ashley to talk down to Candiace about having helpful parents, then cut to a scene of her yelling at her mother to get it together or she and her husband were going to cut her off financially. Yeah, who is the least accomplished now Ashley?

Mia is the worst type of housewife because she has been caught in so many lies that I no longer believe that any part of her story is true. I'm not interested in her storyline at all. 

Robyn delivered that line about a married man shouldn't be in a hotel with a single woman with a straight face. GIRL!

If I were Candiace, I'm not hearing any apology that Gizelle has to say. She was foul and out of pocket this season. I just know that Candiace sufficiently dragged gazelle but of course we won't see the best of it because the network wants to protect Gizelle as much as possible. So all that talking about how Gizelle had smoke for Candiace just for her to get to the reunion and apologize to Candiace because she knows she was wrong. Throw this whole season away. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 13
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1

The way Candiace went in on Gizelle was well deserved after her pot stirring this season. I only wish she didn’t bring up Gizelle’s uterus, because she didn’t need to go there to point out how ridiculous she’s been. 

Ashley will forever be bothered that Candiace didn’t have to struggle the way she and her family had to. Plus, Ashley really thought she’d have Michael wrapped around her finger but apparently he’s been protecting his assets the entire time and letting her believe she was entitled to more with the prenup.

Can we please get rid of Mia next season? She’s not entertaining, she lies so much that you can barely follow her storyline and she’s brought such a dark energy. 

I really wonder what (if any) of the consequences for Robin will be with Patreongate. Love that production opened with that recap. 

• Like 20
  • Applause 1

Mia was making the lies up as she went along. I would have been laughing too because she sounded ridiculous tripping over her own lies. 

Candiace ate Ashley up about the house. Ashley made derogatory comments about Candiace's generational wealth, meanwhile she has to depend on "Sir-Grabs-A-Lot". 

I really wish Chris hadn't reached out to Gizelle. Now she's using that as ammunition. Also I'm glad Candiace did not accept her apology. She said in an interview she was done with Candiace, but it seems like Candiace is the one who's done.

Edited by spunky
  • Like 13

Everything Gizelle does is calculated. She told Robyn about what happened with Chris as soon as she got back in the van just to say that she could say she told her the same day. Probably the whole time she was meeting with Chris she was so happy that her next season's storyline was pt into motion. She sat all off-season on that and as soon as the cameras were back up, showtime. Wendy really read her about that. Gizelle apologized to Candiace for the sneaky link comments because she knows she was wrong. She was hoping that either A) Candiace would accept and dial back her justified oncoming verbal attacks, or B) Candiace would do just what she did and told her to shove her BS apology and Gizelle could talk about how Candiace was being immature for not accepting and try to joke her way out of it. Gizelle would have done better if she said that Candiace was right to be mad about what she said, it was a bad look, she shouldn't have said it, she owned it, it was inappropriate, she felt uncomfortable and that's a fact, but she took that situation too far. 

I have to go back and rewatch, but I think the turning point for Gizelle was when they were at the Wendy event and Gizelle and Candiace had a side conversation, Candiace said in so many words that Gizelle was hijacking the metoo movement and I felt like I saw a slight panic in Gizelle's expression as to what she was actually suggesting. That gave her pause and she tried to downplay things and back out of them. She was trying hard to downplay and back out of it tonight. I'm glad Candiace didn't let it go, nor should she. 

I've noticed that the reunions have just become a place where you can apologize for all the terrible thing you did throughout the season. I don't like that too much. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

So Mia is bicoastal- Maryland and South Carolina 🤣

Stupid and a pathological liar.

Mia is the CEO of rental houses.

Think of how long her trips must be if she leaves Maryland to fly to the west coast in order to catch a flight to South Carolina.

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 16
6 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

Charlotte is in North Carolina, guys. 

Oops. You’re right!  My excuse is I just got back to Maryland after flying in from California after spending the weekend in Charlotte.  I’m exhausted.

• LOL 17
14 hours ago, Axie said:

Oops. You’re right!  My excuse is I just got back to Maryland after flying in from California after spending the weekend in Charlotte.  I’m exhausted.

You’re bicoastal!

Mia throws out words that she thinks makes her look intelligent and sophisticated but she’s just making herself look like an uneducated idiot.  Gordon doesn’t have generational wealthy, Mia, it sounds like he was lopped out of the business altogether for using company money to fund his lifestyle.  Mia will not stay with that ogre unless he has money, I’m sure of this.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 12
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

So when Ashley was on camera extending and renegotiating the prenup and told us that she was getting half, she was lying then or lying now?

IMO Ashley was not lying. The problem is Ashley thinks she's much more clever than she actually is.  The pre-nup as she explained it was any marital income was to be split 50/50 but any income he made before the marriage and any profits/proceeds he got as a result of investing that pre-marital income was also considered pre-marital income.  Michael is not stupid.  I guarantee, Michael made no marital income.  Michael never bought a house with Ashley.  There are no marital assets to divide, which is why Ashley gets nothing. In fact, ASHLEY was the sole marital breadwinner.  Ashley owes MICHAEL 50%, not the other way around.

This is why Ashley will not be filing from divorce from Michael any time soon.

Robyn delivered that line about a married man shouldn't be in a hotel with a single woman with a straight face. GIRL!

Remember, the reunion was filmed on January 19. The news about Juandering Dickson didn't come out until AFTER the reunion filming wrapped. Robyn & Gizelle told everyone to catch the tea on Patreon on their January 31st podcast.

1 hour ago, Sharper2002 said:

Ashley will forever be bothered that Candiace didn’t have to struggle the way she and her family had to.

Ashley didn't even catch that shade Candiace tossed her way about generational wealth.

1 hour ago, spunky said:

Mia was making the lies up as she went along. I would have been laughing too because she sounded ridiculous tripping over her own lies. 

I don't think Mia was lying.  I think there's two separate entities, the board members of the family corporation (8 members) and the management board that deals with the operations of the businesses the family owns (3).  Gordon's brother's outvoted him & tossed he & Mia out because Mia claims they thought she & Gordon were trying to cut them out by dealing with the Northern Virginia people behind the brothers' back.

At this point Mia has more interesting storylines going on than Gizelle or Ashley.

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I have to go back and rewatch, but I think the turning point for Gizelle was when they were at the Wendy event

Where Gizelle messed up is claiming Ashley said Bert told her Chris grabbed her ass when we never saw Ashley said that and I don't even think Bert said that ...she just said Chris was all up in her grill flirting with her and Happy Eddie came over and was in her grill too.  Ashley tried to downplay it as "Oh, Gizelle just put a lil' sauce on it."  Gizelle likes to put a lil sauce on a lot of stuff...like when she accused Mia of embezzling and that's why they got put out of the business.

Yeah, Candiace kind of ate Ashley up about the house thing.

Half of the cast will be the recipients of generational wealth and the other half's children will be the recipients of generational wealth.  Ashley is just mad Candiace is in Dean & Dylan's future position right now.

Furthermore, I doubt seriously Michael will buy or leave any property to Dean or Dylan because he's not about to have Ashley living off the boys like Sheila is living off her. He may not even be alive when the boys turn 30.  He will leave them money in a trust and they can buy their own house with it but he won't be leaving them any properties or buying either one of them any houses.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I think I may be alone in this, but I hated all of the dresses - I am shocked to be saying I thought Gizelle’s looked the best.  

I thought the hair looked horrendous.   Karen’s was hideous, Candiace’s was a total fail, and Robyn’s and Gizelle’s looked like the stylist gave it a try for a minute, but eventually just flat out gave up.   

The whole Robyn-Juan situation is just gross.  Their marriage is obviously one of convenience, maybe a business arrangement - possibly for the benefit of the boys, but that’s it.  I suspect they’ll both have freedom to do what the hell they want on the side - there’s no other reason any self-respecting woman would want to continue that relationship amidst yet ANOTHER side chick. It IS a trip the way Robyn handled it in regard to what was NOT shared during the season.  I’d like to think that was about protecting her kids, but I’m not so sure.  At this point, their boys might benefit from some honesty being modeled by the people raising them.  

Gizelle’s still a complete asshole.  Even though Candiace annoys the shit out of me, I was backing everything she said and every stance she took on the situation into which Gizelle tried to rope Chris.  Same game, different season - it became tiring to me a while ago.  Not only is the piggybacking off of the lives of others gross, but the fantasy storylines she dreams up appear to cause real life destruction and strife, and the fact that she’s cool with it means I don’t need her on my tv.  I’ve skipped her scenes for some time because of the second hand embarassment they cause, anyway.  

Mia is a delusional dingbat and a wannabe pathological liar.  She just opens that mouth and spews.  Not smart enough to come up with anything believable or to leave enough to the imagination that the degree of dishonesty isn’t glaringly obvious.   I hope this was her last season.  

Karen is a serious yawner - both literally and figuratively.  Nothing grand about her, never was.  It’s a delusion-turned-storyline.  Everybody just rolls their eyes and goes along with it because it’s just easier, apparently.  I feel for poor Ray.  I can’t imagine having to deal with that woman or look at her on a daily basis.  

Ashley’s dumb.  Her involvement in the situation with Chris was also super disappointing.  She should stay out of that shit, she already has a storyline.   She seems like a good mom, but I hope she’ll keep that as her priority in life as she goes through this so-called divorce and moves on as a single mom.   I don’t see that co-parenting situation going smoothly without some serious effort and the involvement of a professional or two.   I think there’s a significant maturity issue on Michael’s part, for one thing - maybe an alcohol one, as well.  Those two issues do not mix well, either.

Wendy’s a bore, as always.  She’s an insecure, educated airhead, but I don’t think she’s mean-spirited, so she’s still in my good graces.  She can be funny at times, too - so I’m ok with watching her for another season.  I like her sweet little family and think her marriage is healthy.   (Her mother, on the other hand, would drive me right off a cliff - less of her is always better) I DO get a little tired of her family’s non-stop effort to portray her as being SO busy, SO important, SO successful, “the woman who has and does it all, I tell ya!!!!!!!!”  It gets a little exhausting.  Unless she plans to run for office sometime soon, I think she can cool it now and just be herself.  Nobody’s going to vote you off the island, Wendy - that’s a different show.  (But not a bad idea, at this point?!)

It’ll be more interesting as we get further into this one, I’m thinkin.  Mia’s friend What’shername and Charisse will spice things up with the way their presence changes the dynamic.  I’m eager to watch Karen and Mia squirm.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Wayment. Ashley doesn't even know how much Michael is worth??! 🤦🏾‍♀️ Whew! She is a special kind of stupid. I remember Sutton on RHoBH said she hired a forensic accountant during her divorce and found out her ex-husband owned a baseball team & all kinds of other stuff she didn't know about. Ashley needs a remedial course in Gold Digging 101-- because she failed! (Not to call Sutton a gold digger; just saying she got paid in her divorce.)

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

Wayment. Ashley doesn't even know how much Michael is worth??! 🤦🏾‍♀️ Whew! She is a special kind of stupid. I remember Sutton on RHoBH said she hired a forensic accountant during her divorce and found out her ex-husband owned a baseball team & all kinds of other stuff she didn't know about. Ashley needs a remedial course in Gold Digging 101-- because she failed! (Not to call Sutton a gold digger; just saying she got paid in her divorce.)

After years of watching this play out, I don't believe Ashley is a gold digger -- at least not in this instance. I'm really starting to believe she actually loved Michael. Ashley is attractive to men, so she had options. If she had really wanted to gold dig, it would have been so much easier for her to choose a baller who wouldn't even know how to spell prenuptial agreement, much less make Ashley sign one. It would have been so much simpler for her to marry some marble-mouth hood guy who thought Ashley was HIS come-up. She didn't. She specifically set her sights on a successful businessman who knew exactly how to cut her out when he was done with her.

Ashley's a snake. We've watched her forked tongue slime several of the housewives over the seasons. Yet, like many people, her venom only poisons people outside her home. Most of us know this kind of person. She's the psychotic office manager or a loudmouth street chick constantly challenging others, meanwhile, when her man comes around, she's a different person entirely. She ain't talking shit to him. In fact, she rarely speaks unless he allows her to do so. That's Ashley. We all saw what happened that one time she got out of pocket. She was banished to a one-bedroom in Alexandria for her trouble.

I really think Ashley thought being married to Michael would be a good thing for her life -- not just her lifestyle.

Sheila really did a number on her.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Remember, the reunion was filmed on January 19. The news about Juandering Dickson didn't come out until AFTER the reunion filming wrapped. Robyn & Gizelle told everyone to catch the tea on Patreon on their January 31st podcast.

I know, but she still knew about the hotel situation with Juan even though it hadn't been discussed yet. She also knew the woman was trying to tell her story, because she had already DM'ed cast members. I would just think that Robyn would have not made that sort of statement at all, knowing her situation, and the fact that it contradicts what she said when she met with Candiace and Chris for lunch. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Axie said:

Oh- you must be a BOSS. How many homes do you rent? How many businesses are you the sole owner of with 7 partners?

• LOL 15
5 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I thought the hair looked horrendous.   Karen’s was hideous, Candiace’s was a total fail, and Robyn’s and Gizelle’s looked like the stylist gave it a try for a minute, but eventually just flat out gave up.   

Wendy's dress? I thought she lost a bet or something.

• LOL 7

Candiace is as big an asshole as ever. Going in on Gizelles uterus and her female problems. This idiot isn’t even trying to get pregnant the normal way so she needs to shut her big hateful angry mouth. Such a pissy little drama queen. And Andy, her music career is not hot. I’ve never heard any of her crappy songs on the radio and have only heard what is force fed on the show. She’s a housewife singer at best. Her dumb song is on the same level as LuAnn or Melissa Gorga. 
No wonder Chris is DMing other women. Next!

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

I hate to take Ashley’s side but she had a point. Candiace was well over 30 and her husbands probably near 50 and her mama was paying for her townhouse? Pretty sad.

Mia’s so full of crap. Why were they really outed of their own company? They must have been up to something. Also what’s with all the rentals? What posers.

• Like 5

Why is it "sad" if a parent chooses to help their adult child financially?  Why?  More than half the people I know had parents who stepped in and helped them out financially when it came to buying a house.

None of them are "sad".  Most of them work 40 hours a week, in low paying jobs.  I think their parents want them to have a better life.  In a home they own and can earn equity in vs. paying someone else.

• Like 24
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Why is it "sad" if a parent chooses to help their adult child financially?  Why?  More than half the people I know had parents who stepped in and helped them out financially when it came to buying a house.

None of them are "sad".  Most of them work 40 hours a week, in low paying jobs.  I think their parents want them to have a better life.  In a home they own and can earn equity in vs. paying someone else.

Candiace lives above her means or at least she did. Dot basically paid for her to get on the show. Neither her nor her husband keeps a job for very long (other than Housewives which is lucrative but will dry up soon) 

Also now they are paying for fancy egg retrievals when Chris already has more than one baby mama. I notice they didn’t do shit for his kids this recent season. 
If these were hard working folk, than sure mama can help financially. But these are able bodied wanna be celebs. Pathetic.

How about Candyass coming for Gizelles uterus problems while she fake cries at having 6 embryos? What a pathetic piece of shit!

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I love Sutton for this. And, hell, yeah, she got paid big time and is using that money to create even more wealth. Also love how she used wit, rather than pressure, to make her son realize he needed to go to university.

Ashley can be very messy, but I'm sorry she's getting screwed in the divorce.

Haven't watched yet, nit these comments have me tuning in shortly.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

That uterus line Candiace threw out there was hysterical!! The girl knows her way around the English language!!

And this is why I can never be fully on Candiace's side. She has been winning this season and she knows it and yet she cannot stop with the very personal, usually age or body related, shaming comments. She is smart, I'll give her that. She finds where the other women's insecurities lie and she goes for them. It's not that the other women don't deserve scorn, for sure they do. It's the need to pile this on when, as I said, she's in the winning position. 

7 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

- possibly for the benefit of the boys, but that’s it.  I suspect they’ll both have freedom to do what the hell they want on the side - there’s no other reason any self-respecting woman would want to continue that relationship amidst yet ANOTHER side chick.

I think what's interesting is that Robyn and Juan are pretty much a younger version of Karen and Ray.  Both marriages are ones of convenience and mostly for the show. Both marriages had a re-marriage (though Karen's was a redoing of vows). I really doubt Karen would still be with Ray if she hadn't been on the show. Wasn't there talk of them splitting up in the early seasons? 

Karen really is the Juan in her marriage, she's the one stepping out, with Robyn and Ray the ones who seem okay with it.  And I have no beef with any of it if that's what they choose. If a marriage of convenience (or a marriage of understanding) is  their choice - for financial reasons, the kids, etc. -  go for it. Where they lose me, is in trying to make it something else. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I had a major eye roll after Ashley talked about no alimony and then at the end of whatever that story was meant to be about, Dr Wendy (Divorce Pro?) says, so you'll get spousal support.  And Ashley says yes.  Ummmm....potAto, potAHto?  Maybe she meant to say child support or that's what Ashley thought she said?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I don’t see Candiace as winning at all. Her husband left yet another job and he’s messaging other women. She won’t even try and have a kid with him as he’s got multiple so she’s waxing on about egg retrievals and embryos. I also don’t think she’s all that smart unless getting mommy to pay for her house is smart. Her insults are downright nasty. I’ll give the rat that, she can give a mean insult. Big whoop.

I also don’t think Ashley’s as stupid as she’s pretending to be. She probably has to keep somewhat hush to get her hands on Michaels money. The divorce hasn’t even really started yet.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I had a major eye roll after Ashley talked about no alimony and then at the end of whatever that story was meant to be about, Dr Wendy (Divorce Pro?) says, so you'll get spousal support.  And Ashley says yes.  Ummmm....potAto, potAHto?  Maybe she meant to say child support or that's what Ashley thought she said?

I think Ashley is deliberately confusing about the status of her financial negotiations just as Mia is deliberately confusing about the business takeover by the other owners.

Despite Mia's ridiculous attempts to explain it away the takeaway is that Mia was NEVER the CEO or actually ran the company in any manner. There are of course ways to squeeze shareholders out in a closely held corporation like this must be but it isn't as simple as simply cutting off access to a bank account. 

Sometimes like a stopped clock Mia actually tells the truth as when she "smugly" told Ashley that she continued to engage in non-traditional sexual behavior in a marriage (not sure how else to phrase this) because that was he she snared Gordon and that was the only way to keep it. She was basically telling Ashley that Ashley had no *right* to want to become more traditional. 

I think Ashley is both a gold digger and an idiot. I just cannot be convinced that she actually "loved" Michael Darby as my test for whether it is true love is whether someone would be with this man if they had no money and the answer is most obviously no. I think that people under-estimate how difficult it is to get a really wealthy guy to put a ring on it which is why you get the most common scenario of young pretty thing married to rich older not particularly attractive man.

Ashley will get child support and probably a relatively modest lump sum payment. I think her reference to "spousal support" is that if in the future she becomes destitute, then he would be required to provide her with a modest stipend. This is actually the "law" in many jurisdictions - i.e. that you can be forced to support an ex who is otherwise destitute. Obviously this would only occur in extreme situations when someone is homeless

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Mine is 35 and I still give her money and pay for big unexpected expenses. Someone else taking issue with that is a "them problem" don't have nothing to do with me.  You are better off sucking all the water out the Pacific Ocean through a straw with a hole in it then you do of me explaining to ANYONE why I help my child. *Kayne shrug*

Oh Gizelle. Look, at the core, I get it. I grew up - southern, Baptist, and with an old fashion mother who believe women and girls should not do certain things. I promise I get it. I would never go into a home or room alone with someone's husband. I have gone to my friends home she is not there but says "XXX is there, just ring the doorbell." I politely decline and wait in the driveway. Once my friend wanted my husband to repair something for her daughter. At the last minute I could not go so I called her said A. can it wait or B. are you and XXX comfortable with me sending R over alone. I had a friend stay with me for 3 months because she was getting ready to move overseas and my Aunts could not BELIEVE I would allow another woman in the house with my husband 😂. Whew chile the comments and looks.

The issue is G did what she does best. Saw an opportunity for attention and a story and went left. It could have all been a joke and I guarantee every woman there would have understood including Candiace. She could have told Chris (who might be unaware of the old southern black lady rule) "now you know you don't go in no room alone with someone's husband" or after the fact told Candiace "hey I was alone in the room with Chris but he just wanted to talk." Because let's face it, people are messy. That should have been the end of allllllll of it.

The uterus line hit a little close to home but I'm good with it. G comes for people age constantly. There are no rules in war.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I'm glad Candiace is holding Gizelle accountable for the whole Chris situation. I hope they also go in on Ashley for all the crap Deborah said. We all saw from the clips it wasn't true. 

Watching Mia trying to explain her business was laughable. I hope she doesn't come back next season. I did crack up at Karen saying she had questions and Andy going "I have so many questions" when Mia was trying to explain.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

Robyn had a point that it wasn’t too much of a stretch that Gizelle was uncomfortable. Let’s not forget Chris appears to be a heavy drinker so maybe he was drunk or tipsy. Doesn’t he usually drink at the reunion? 
Should they have come for him this season? Probably not. My guess is that Gizelle was  helping distract from the Juan stuff. 
I don’t believe Candiace was going for the Cookie Monster look. I think she was trying to save face when Andy called her on it.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

Almost everyone I know INCLUDING my parents got help from their parents for the down payment and most of them aren't in low paying jobs either. It is almost impossible for someone to save money for a down payment even with a relatively good job. My parents weren't wealthy but they were careful with their money and so they gave my brother and I the same amount to help with down payments. Their rationale was that they were going to be leaving money to us anyway so why not use some of it to help with stuff that could help in the present time. 

Some of my extremely wealthy friends have just bought their children homes outright - cash and why not? 

I think Candiace was perfectly correct in terms of talking about generational wealth. It's only become a relatively recent goal for POC to think about building generational wealth. If Candiace's mother has enough money to help her kids then why not? It isn't as if she raised a wastrel - Candiace graduated college and seems to have been raised with a good bit of drive. I am not sure why she was being a hostess at the restaurant instead of a more standard corporate position since she obviously had the credentials for it. Maybe she was doing it like many people who want to be in the acting profession because they need flexible hours in order to do auditions. That is extremely common in New York and Los Angeles. 

Also I am really not understanding a value system in which it is better to get your "lifestyle" by marrying a rich old man versus being lucky enough to have parents who are able to help out financially. 

Edited by amarante
  • Like 17
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, amarante said:

Almost everyone I know INCLUDING my parents got help from their parents for the down payment and most of them aren't in low paying jobs either. It is almost impossible for someone to save money for a down payment even with a relatively good job. My parents weren't wealthy but they were careful with their money and so they gave my brother and I the same amount to help with down payments. Their rationale was that they were going to be leaving money to us anyway so why not use some of it to help with stuff that could help in the present time. 

Some of my extremely wealthy friends have just bought their children homes outright - cash and why not? 

I think Candiace was perfectly correct in terms of talking about generational wealth. It's only become a relatively recent goal for POC to think about building generational wealth. If Candiace's mother has enough money to help her kids then why not? It isn't as if she raised a wastrel - Candiace graduated college and seems to have been raised with a good bit of drive. I am not sure why she was being a hostess at the restaurant instead of a more standard corporate position since she obviously had the credentials for it. Maybe she was doing it like many people who want to be in the acting profession because they need flexible hours in order to do auditions. That is extremely common in New York and Los Angeles. 

Also I am really not understanding a value system in which it is better to get your "lifestyle" by marrying a rich old man versus being lucky enough to have parents who are able to help out financially. 

Candiace said working was a requirement for her parents to pay for college, so she got a hostess job. She later got a promotion to a director's position, with Chris as her supervisor. Which was one of the reasons she turned him down when he first asked her out. 

As for her mother helping her, I don't know why some people are acting like she just sits at home while her mother pays her bills. Her first home was an investment property with her mom, which they then sold for more money. When she first came on the show she already had her hair business and her pagent consulting business. 

She also invests in real estate by purchasing, flipping, and selling houses in Atlanta, has a salon suite business with her family, but she keeps these businesses off of the show. 

• Like 15

What in the world was going on with Karen's hair, do her stylists hate her? I can't even with that dress, they bedazzled a mesh shirt with a blue sequined coconut bra and just ran from there.

Wendy's dress looked like she was holding something in front of her but yikes it was part of her dress which I will call an Ice Capades costume. Also, this is another time Wendy does not understand cup size, she is adverse to covering her boobs with the right size cups, hers are always struggling to not have a nip slip.

Gizzell is also suffering from bad hair, what was it that she actually wanted her hair to look like? 

Candiace's dress does not look as good up close as it did from far away.

None of these dresses look like they can be worn more than once (why would they want to wear them again let alone the first time), they look cheap and a deep breath would split a seam.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I hate to say it, but I did understand what Mia was attempting to explain about the company and how it went from 3 people to 8 people.   She said there were 3 managing members, and Gordon was one of those.  The major decision making (who can be a member, taking out loans, purchasing, etc.) is probably vested in just those 3 members with majority rule (i.e. 2 out of 3).  Now, these members also have the power to appoint a board of directors with more traditional titles (i.e. CEO, Treasurer, Secretary, etc.).  These board seats have very limited powers according to the company operating agreement.  

So it makes sense while Mia held the title of CEO or whatever, her corporate powers were limited and directed by the 3 member-managers and if Gordon was in the minority, well then, their force-out is not surprising.   All those women so quick to just jump on her about the 3 vs 8 thing, but it could make sense if they would have just shut up and listened.  But that would be boring, so queue the drama and the overspeak and the yelling.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

To me Karen, Ashley and Gizelle looked a mess from crown to sole.

Everyone else looked a mess from the neck down.

By default best dressed is a tie between Mia and Robyn. They are both wearing M.O.B. Project Runway elimination dresses but it's not overdesigned to a point it's now a costume 

White Diamonds bottle (G), figure skating bronze medal costume (Ashley), avant-garde bird (Wendy)

Next couch - Carol Burnett as Scarlett O'Hara in the curtain costume (Karen), dancing crow from The Wiz(Candiace), and the Stupid Twins - Very (Robyn) & Comically (Mia)

Edited by Boofish
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, spunky said:

Candiace said working was a requirement for her parents to pay for college, so she got a hostess job. She later got a promotion to a director's position, with Chris as her supervisor. Which was one of the reasons she turned him down when he first asked her out. 

As for her mother helping her, I don't know why some people are acting like she just sits at home while her mother pays her bills. Her first home was an investment property with her mom, which they then sold for more money. When she first came on the show she already had her hair business and her pagent consulting business. 

She also invests in real estate by purchasing, flipping, and selling houses in Atlanta, has a salon suite business with her family, but she keeps these businesses off of the show. 

Thanks for clarifying regarding why Candiace was working at the restaurant as it I don’t remember it being explained in her first season. I just never saw a problem with her mother helping her financially because in my experience it is common for parents to help so long as the kids are doing something productive in terms of attempting to be self sufficient by either working or going to school.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, amarante said:

Thanks for clarifying regarding why Candiace was working at the restaurant as it I don’t remember it being explained in her first season. I just never saw a problem with her mother helping her financially because in my experience it is common for parents to help so long as the kids are doing something productive in terms of attempting to be self sufficient by either working or going to school.

No problem.  She mentioned it on her podcast last year. I don't see the problem with her mother helping her either. Not every parent is like Todd over on RHOA who thinks that his child has to struggle, because he had to struggle. 

• Like 11

I don’t think a parent helping their child is a big deal but it was something Ashley could use to rattle her in earlier seasons and boy did it! The flashback of her grabbing a knife goes to show that little miss victim who cried for a year and claims she is triggered all the time is a knife welding maniac her damn self!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On a shallow note, I generally think the Potomac women are among the most beautiful of all the franchises and most of them looked beautiful when they were young and so don’t have that awful over plasticized look of some of the women in the other franchises. Except of course for Mia whose facial  surgery is just scary. 

However they all looked really bad in terms of makeup and hair for the most part. Normally Ashley, Gizelle and Robyn look good in terms of face and even hair for the most part but they all looked ghastly. It is obviously a subjective judgment but the platinum hair on Karen looked silly and nit flattering or elegant. 

And the clothing. Why do you want to appear half naked like Ashley or with yiur boobs squeezed and sticking out like some of the others. The dress Gizelle was working was worse than her generally awful style choices.  I kind of liked Candiace’s ridiculous over the top feathered number and I do think she was winking at the audience knowing she was going to get some Sesame Streer memes out of it as she said on the show.

They are really angry at Robyn for the Juan stunt as I can’t recall when they have so completely savaged a housewife like this. The editing of the WWHL footage underscored how ridiculous her explanations and excuses were. 

4 minutes ago, spunky said:

No problem.  She mentioned it on her podcast last year. I don't see the problem with her mother helping her either. Not every parent is like Todd over on RHOA who thinks that his child has to struggle, because he had to struggle. 

I think Candiace is one of the smartest of the housewives on any of the franchises. Getting an internship at the Obama White House couldn’t have been easy.

I just never understood why she was working at the restaurant given that with her resume and intelligence she could have been in a position  that is more typical of an upwardly mobil professional women.  For example, she would have made a great lobbyist for example with her brains, beauty, wit and charm especially when the Democrats were in the White House

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
Just now, pasdetrois said:

Those internships are based on connections and contributions.

Dorothy probably bought her the internship. She doesn’t seem political like her friend Wendy. Or all that smart on current events. All she does is over talk everyone else. I thought she had grown up but she’s still the same baby she’s always been.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, amarante said:

I think Candiace is one of the smartest of the housewives on any of the franchises. Getting an internship at the Obama White House couldn’t have been easy.

I just never understood why she was working at the restaurant given that with her resume and intelligence she could have been in a position  that is more typical of an upwardly mobil professional women.  For example, she would have made a great lobbyist for example with her brains, beauty, wit and charm especially when the Democrats were in the White House

What I gathered is that she originally wanted to be a political correspondent, hence her undergraduate degree in journalism.  Somewhere down the line she decided to focus on her true passion which is her entertainment career.  She's still doing things in the political realm.  She's working with Congress to create legislation requiring that health insurance companies cover fertility treatments, whether they're required or elective. She said on her and Chris' live last night that she spent $30,000 on the first round of IVF that did not take. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, spunky said:

What I gathered is that she originally wanted to be a political correspondent, hence her undergraduate degree in journalism.  Somewhere down the line she decided to focus on her true passion which is her entertainment career.  She's still doing things in the political realm.  She's working with Congress to create legislation requiring that health insurance companies cover fertility treatments, whether they're required or elective. She said on her and Chris' live last night that she spent $30,000 on the first round of IVF that did not take. 

I can’t see her holding her own in a political arena. She is too emotional and gets triggered and offended all the time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

She told Robyn about what happened with Chris as soon as she got back in the van just to say that she could say she told her the same day.

Are we still sure this actually happened? When Robyn first said it on the show I believed her but maybe we need to double check on Patreon now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I hate to take Ashley’s side but she had a point. Candiace was well over 30 and her husbands probably near 50 and her mama was paying for her townhouse? Pretty sad.

Ashley is over 30 and still doesn't have a house in her name.  Ashley's momma is over 60 and doesn't have a house in her name.

6 hours ago, dosodog said:

Most of my white HS/college classmates got money from parents/grandparents to for their houses (if not an actual house). They are now doing the same with their children. Yet somehow something is wrong with Candiace for her parents doing the same thing, even as Ashley sat on the stage bragging her children will have their own homes by the time they are 30.

6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candiace lives above her means or at least she did.

The only people "living above their means" on the cast are Mia, who had to leave her rental and Ashley, who is totally dependent upon the whims of Michael and who has admitted numerous times she CAN NOT afford the house she's living in and doesn't know what will happen if she can't meet the $13K mortgage every month. I'm curious to know how Candiace was "living above her means."

5 hours ago, amarante said:

She was basically telling Ashley that Ashley had no *right* to want to become more traditional. 

Mia is actually right. Michael & Ashley entered into the marriage contract under certain conditions, with Michael agreeing to take care of Ashley and her family in exchange for Ashley's sexual services.  Ashley then tried to flip the script and that's not what Michael was paying for.  Does Ashley have the right to change her mind about what kind of wife she wants to be? Yes.  Does Michael have to accept it? No and Ashley will really be out of luck when he finds a perky young 25 year old willing and ready to be his freak of the week and kicks Ashley to the curb.

4 hours ago, Boofish said:

The uterus line hit a little close to home but I'm good with it. G comes for people age constantly. There are no rules in war.

I have fibroids.  My uterus is closing up shop. I have zero problem with the low blow because Gizelle seeks to deliver low blows to her castmates every season.  Which blow is lower? Your fibroid surgery or suggesting your castmate's baby is by another man on national television for kicks?

4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Robyn had a point that it wasn’t too much of a stretch that Gizelle was uncomfortable. Let’s not forget Chris appears to be a heavy drinker so maybe he was drunk or tipsy. Doesn’t he usually drink at the reunion? 

None of this matters because Chris (or any other person) is not responsible for Gizelle not enforcing her own boundaries and Robyn needs to learn to stop jumping in front of the gun and taking bullets for people who gladly sit back and watch her take the hit.

4 hours ago, amarante said:

I'm going to attempt to explain this in a separate post.

2 hours ago, amarante said:

Why do you want to appear half naked like Ashley or with yiur boobs squeezed and sticking out like some of the others.

Ashley's been "advertising" so that's why she's skimpy.

2 hours ago, amarante said:

I think that's the career path her mother envisioned her to have but Candiace has always wanted an entertainment career and you can't go to Grammys, record music, audition, etc. if you are sitting in the office Monday-Friday, 9-5 every day.

6 minutes ago, KristenR said:

Are we still sure this actually happened? When Robyn first said it on the show I believed her but maybe we need to double check on Patreon now

GEB has been pretty consistent with this story. Gizelle told Robyn about the Chris encounter on the van and Robyn blew it off because it's Chris. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2