Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Caribbean Gigolo

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

So I recall Ross telling Fraser about his sexual addiction… that he masturbates several times a day, is polyamorous, enjoys orgies, etc… So Why isn’t Fraser clueing Katie in? It’s so frustrating watching her get upset and having these expectations that he will never fulfill and has no intention of trying to fulfill.

• Like 6

Like a tasting menu that goes on for hours, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

The back-and-forth drama with the food of “it’s not here, I’m mad” and then “everything’s great, thanks Rachel!” is getting to be a bit annoying.  Isn’t there enough drama without having to fake cut more of it?

Alissa’s crocodile tears over Camille’s dismissal are as pathetic as they are fake.  And Alissa wastes no time trying to cheese off Katie as she shamelessly flirts with the ever-drunk-and-clueless Ross (in a later scene).  Frankly, they deserve each other – you can do better, Katie – don’t go there.  Meanwhile, Ross speaks wistfully of his time in South Africa where he learnt to surf – and was also thrown in jail.  Was it for sexual assault or public drunkenness?  Or both?

Speaking of fake and tiresome, Captain Queeg’s personal management formula of “pay you a massive compliment, say how crap you are, then pay you another massive compliment at the end” is disingenuous.  Queeg’s response to Rachel telling her about Fraser and his team is, essentially, to just throw it back on Rachel and tell her to work it out.  Very poor management skills.

The look on Alissa’s face when Camille shows up at the dinner table is priceless.  At the end of the tip meeting, she was priming the crew with her fake crying and desire for attention – how the tables turned when “guess who’s coming to dinner” showed up.  Sorry, Alissa – apparently Mr. DeMille isn’t ready for your close-up.

Hayley (in reference to Ross’ fart in the van) – “Ross, that’s the most disgusting thing you’ve done yet."  Just wait – the episode has 10 minutes left.

It’s not that I’m hoping Ross stumbles overboard as he wanders off from Katie in a drunken stupor – but if it did…

What will happen next week?  Will Ross remain upright?  Will Katie wake up?  Will Alissa now try to get Hayley fired?  Will Captain Queeg go off the rails?  Stay tuned, if you can stand the bar to be lowered even more than it is…

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 7

Told ya Alyssa's a snake. I knew she'd quickly pick a new target. If anyone should be embarrassed by their actions, it should be Alyssa chasing after any/all male attention. Guarantee she has zero female  friends.

I loved that Camille showed up to the dinner with a great attitude and made Alyssa sweat. 

So who else gets fired? There's some blonde chick sitting next to Captain Lee when he waves the fat tip envelope in the previews.

• Like 7

I was a bit impressed with Camille. She had a good attitude and didn’t seem angry or bitter. If anyone came off poorly it was Alyssa. Tyler seems like a nice kid. Being neat and orderly is a good skill for a stew. I like him so far. With 20 minutes to go I may change my mind. What I didn’t need to hear was cold sore and Katie getting it on in the shower. Alyssa is a snake…throwing herself at Ross, I mean really..have some self respect. “Do you think I am hotter than her?” Arg. Ross is a loser and a drunk. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

I had literally just tossed all my meds and herbal supps into my mouth when I set down my water and grabbed for the remote to quash the sound of Rachel singing the Magical Beans song. 

The sensation of pills melting in my mouth was preferable to one more second of The Rachel Show, starring "the naughty twinkle."

Why does everyone think she's such great shakes?  The "tasting menu" dinner, with 20 minutes between each of eight courses, was ridiculous.  The next night's dinner was a small salad, a piece of cod with a side of lentils, a scoop of sherbet for dessert.  So much for "Superyacht."

Did she get a crew member to open the cans for that bean salad?

These people didn't guzzle down espresso martinis morning, noon and night; they didn't hot tub 'til dawn.  They didn't have theme nights or make the crew wear loincloths.  All they asked was a constant flow of food for preggo.  There should have been a buffet of treats being constantly replenished 24/7.  Ha.  As if.

There'd be no tip envelope from me; I'd be asking for some money back.

• Like 11
3 hours ago, lgprimes said:

So I recall Ross telling Fraser about his sexual addiction… that he masturbates several times a day, is polyamorous, enjoys orgies, etc… So Why isn’t Fraser clueing Katie in? It’s so frustrating watching her get upset and having these expectations that he will never fulfill and has no intention of trying to fulfill.

Given how messy Ross has been right in front of Katie's face, why should Fraser (or anyone) have to clue her in about him? Ross has already shown her who he is, she just needs to start believing him. The D can't possibly so good that it justifies two women making absolute fools of themselves for it.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The guests leave a generous tip.  These are the hangry people, with the pregnant wife and Imogen with the quirky name and laugh -- she uses a blind mask when she sleeps and then uses it as a headband when she wakes up, don't you know?

But the primary guest, who in previous episode demanded to know if they were understaffed, like how the fuck would he know if they were, then gave "constructive criticism" talking about the staff not always being at their beck and call to get them drinks and food every time they wanted it.

He was singing for the producers, to make some of the crew feel badly, but then the fake tip of $22k made everyone forget, because they were going to have a good drunken time on the catamaran and the mud baths or pretend to, for the cameras.

OK, not one mention of Katie and Ross having sex in the guest cabin showers, even though others are suppose to clean up after them to prep it for guests.  So that one time on whichever BD show and whichever season, they made it a big deal, we now know it was total BS, another way to gin up drama.

No BD show can ever play that fake card again, cast having sex in the guest cabins is a big deal.

This time when they parked the ship, they didn't make a big deal out of it, just showed like a couple second time lapse sequence of the yacht sliding in, without any drama.  That seems like a first.

Camille showing up, again another fake event.  You knew the production crew was ready for that moment, because they had to attach a mike pack to her for the verbal brilliance which was going to come out of Camille.  Alas, no "debauchery" this time, she looked happy and tanned.  But they happened to have a seat for her at the table already and it appears they had a plate of food for her, or did she eat someone else's food?

Ho hum.

• Like 3

I have noticed that Sandy is not all about the tablescapes anymore, remember how focused she had been about creative tablescapes on other charter seasons but this one, not even a mention?

New deck stew goes to the same barber that Tony and Ben go to, not a fan of the bedraggled hair.  

Alissa has got to stop crying.

Hayley has got to stop talking about her lady bits.

Remember when they brought back Adrienne as a guest and the whole crew was miserable, I guess the producers thought it could drum up drama if Camille came back. I could not do it, it would be humiliating for me if I sucked at my job as much as Camille did, read the room Camille!  Why does Fraser like her?

Are we supposed to believe the lovebirds got in the shower while mic'd? Wouldn't the mics short out? Also, I thought guest quarters were off limits to crew?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Are we supposed to believe the lovebirds got in the shower while mic'd? Wouldn't the mics short out? Also, I thought guest quarters were off limits to crew?

Think Kate said that guest cabins can be used with the approval of the chief stew.  

• Like 4

I have never believed the sounds when 2 of the crew are in a shower, or behind closed doors like season 2 with Ben and  Kat. Fake fake fake. Some dumb producer is off to the side with a mike making gross sounds.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Good catch Baltimore Betty. The producers probably think they have fooled everyone.                        

• Like 2

So who else gets fired? There's some blonde chick sitting next to Captain Lee when he waves the fat tip envelope in the previews.

Yeah, I was sure the new deck stew would said blonde, then along came this Tyler dude. I don't think Fraser will get fired, since he's already been on WWHL. I'm guessing either Alissa or Hayley will leave at some point, unless Tyler turns out to be temporary. So far there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him though (aside from his willingness to be on this show).

There is clearly something seriously wrong with Ross, he needs to get professional help. For that matter, so does Katie. She has some serious self-esteem issues. And so does Alissa. Hell, they all need serious psychotherapy.

Are we supposed to believe the lovebirds got in the shower while mic'd?

I don't get this either. I know there are sometimes camera crews in the guest cabins because we always see the guests getting ready for dinner, etc. but I don't think the guest cabins have security-type cameras and mics like the crew quarters. It's possible the production crew is able to eavesdrop simply by getting close enough to the door or the other side of the wall by turning up the volume. 

It's also possible the entire thing is fake, but I don't know why anyone like Katie would want to debase herself like that. This isn't The Bachelor. Getting busy with Ross doesn't win her anything.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes but did Katie or Ross ask Fraser?

I have a feeling it came up in the conversation that Ross and Fraser had about being roomies/changing rooms.  Fraser was encouraging Ross to stay (I'm sure Ross loved the excuse, so he wouldn't have to "commit" to Katie) and told him that they could shag elsewhere, or something along those lines.

Ross is a sloppy drunk.  All of his scenes were cringeworthy.  I can't imagine one woman being turned on by that, let alone two.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I have never believed the sounds when 2 of the crew are in a shower, or behind closed doors like season 2 with Ben and  Kat. Fake fake fake. Some dumb producer is off to the side with a mike making gross sounds.

Good catch Baltimore Betty. The producers probably think they have fooled everyone.                        

What they could have done was looping, which is to have the cast come back and record vocals while watching a cut of the scene during post production.

That's very common with scripted shows and film but not sure about reality shows.

8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Alissa has got to stop crying.

Agreed. At this point I think she's cried more about Camille's firing than Camille did (and Camille did her fair share of crying). 

Camille showing up at the dinner after being fired? Certainly not something I'd ever do. But I don't have an issue with it as a choice. I liked how calm she was about it and I loved how much it was aggravating Alyssa.

Ross has topped what's his name (Gary?), with the man bun/ponytail, on Sailing? for worst of the worst. I'd say he's the worst f*ckboy, but the guy is 38, so way beyond that at this point.

Although now I'm thinking on it, I guess worst of the worst has to go to the misogynist (and his crew) who made Kate C and the other women on that cruise so miserable. 

I guess what this shows is I watch too much of this stuff and too many of the men are terrible.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's also possible the entire thing is fake, but I don't know why anyone like Katie would want to debase herself like that. This isn't The Bachelor. Getting busy with Ross doesn't win her anything.

Because it was "magical" according to her.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm guessing either Alissa or Hayley will leave at some point

I hope it's Alissa. She spent weeks criticizing & badmouthing Camille yet she has a complete meltdown, running out of the meeting, the moment Fraser gives her any constructive criticism? Nice.

Notice how she's fawning all over the men and trash talking the women...Camille, Katie, and from the previews, Hayley & Sandy.  She needs therapy for those stated Daddy approval issues, not reality TV. 

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

New deck stew goes to the same barber that Tony and Ben go to, not a fan of the bedraggled hair. 

Same. They showed a pic of him with shorter hair and I thought he looked so much better. Still looks about 16 though!

• Like 4

This is really the worst crew. Norway (Adventure) has an incompetent crew but they are not as awful as this group. 
On another topic…. I think Sandy is a much better captain than Lee. He revels in deniability. “If I bad known this was happening I would have stopped it.”  But he goes out of his way to avoid knowing what is happening by discouraging department heads with sharing the problems with him. He does nothing but dock and drive the ship out. No concept about how the cruise is going. Sandy is better.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I didn't realize you can talk about "pulling out" and receiving "backshots" on Bravo 🤣

I'm glad to see that Rachel has the self-awareness to admit that a.) she shouldn't breed and b.) she can't throw stones at glass houses WRT Ross's drunken antics, given her own in the past. 

• Like 7
33 minutes ago, Brown44 said:

I didn't realize you can talk about "pulling out" and receiving "backshots" on Bravo 🤣

I forgot about that.  That's a huge tattoo.

But she didn't riff those sentences off the top of her head.  She either practiced it herself or they gave her several takes to say it like it flowed out naturally.

They probably knew it wouldn't get cut for the version they aired, probably thinking it's comedy gold.

Kind of like in the earlier episode Hayley was talking about keeping boyfriends with her oral sex skills.  Yeah they wanted to be risqué, probably encouraged them to talk about these topics.

Bravo is not the place for feminists.

Yes, by the previews where another faceless blonde crew replacement shows up and they show Ben & her walking into a cabin. And Ben admits he knew her from before. That being said, I suspect she'll be a replacement for either Alissa or Hayley.

And my prediction is : Hayley. Because of her foot problem. She is limited in standing on her feet (which seems legitimate). I highly doubt that Fraser, even with Sandy's approval, has the stomach to fire yet another of his stew team - that is already weak. 

Alissa is unlikeable and has personality weaknesses, but basically knows how to do a stew job.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, aghst said:

What they could have done was looping, which is to have the cast come back and record vocals while watching a cut of the scene during post production.

So they have cast members come back and make sounds like they are having  sex, gross.  But I would not put this past Bravo,

20 hours ago, aghst said:

The guests leave a generous tip.  These are the hangry people, with the pregnant wife and Imogen with the quirky name and laugh -- she uses a blind mask when she sleeps and then uses it as a headband when she wakes up, don't you know?

But the primary guest, who in previous episode demanded to know if they were understaffed, like how the fuck would he know if they were, then gave "constructive criticism" talking about the staff not always being at their beck and call to get them drinks and food every time they wanted it.

He was singing for the producers, to make some of the crew feel badly, but then the fake tip of $22k made everyone forget, because they were going to have a good drunken time on the catamaran and the mud baths or pretend to, for the cameras.

OK, not one mention of Katie and Ross having sex in the guest cabin showers, even though others are suppose to clean up after them to prep it for guests.  So that one time on whichever BD show and whichever season, they made it a big deal, we now know it was total BS, another way to gin up drama.

No BD show can ever play that fake card again, cast having sex in the guest cabins is a big deal.

This time when they parked the ship, they didn't make a big deal out of it, just showed like a couple second time lapse sequence of the yacht sliding in, without any drama.  That seems like a first.

Camille showing up, again another fake event.  You knew the production crew was ready for that moment, because they had to attach a mike pack to her for the verbal brilliance which was going to come out of Camille.  Alas, no "debauchery" this time, she looked happy and tanned.  But they happened to have a seat for her at the table already and it appears they had a plate of food for her, or did she eat someone else's food?

Ho hum.

I can never remember what they get tipped from charter to charter. But, I thought the tip was generous per person only because the newbie Tyler didn't get a cut.

Edited by NowVoyager

I've assumed all the sex sounds were fake. Video editors have a wide range of subscription services to pull music and all kinds of sounds, even sexual ones, and edit them in on a second or third audio track.

I'm pretty sure I've heard crew members talk about being whisked off the boat and onto a plane home. Presumably they kept Camille for a day or so in order for her to waltz into and out of that scene. Very similar vibes to the tortured goodbye scene between the lazy stew and a guest (I forget his name and which boat he was working on).

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2

"Very similar vibes to the tortured goodbye scene between the lazy stew and a guest (I forget his name and which boat he was working on)."

Yes, that was Kyle from the last season of BD - Med, who had a crush on a guest from New York. Then ran into him on the crew's night out. 

Re: Camille's showing up at the crew dinner and night out. Agreed its likely that it was planned and staged by production. They could have indeed put her up in a hotel for a night. But, I thought it also would be so like cocky lazy Camille to put herself up in a hotel for a few days and give herself a couple days vacation in St. Lucia, and spend her wad of cash of tip money. She would think she deserved it for working so hard. She boasted about her tan and the great massage she had gotten. Afterall, she acted and thought of herself as a guest through her whole employment time.

She is the type that would blow thru all her tip money. And go home to Mississippi flat broke.

Prediction for this reunion: Unlike some other fired cast on prior seasons, who slink off in embarrassment*, then don't show up for reunion time, I predict that the cocky and blind to her own weaknesses, Camille, WILL show up at the reunion. She will revel in the camera time.

* Ashley, aka, Smashley, from BD Yachting 3. Drunken sphaghetti eating, then throwing it up in the shower. Trying to bed Gary all season. never showed at reunion.

* Lexi, BD Med 6. Bahamian beauty queen. Harassing on deck crew member by rubbing his face in her chest. Crazed antics at the hot tub. Crazed in general. Kept a hate list. Never showed at reunion and bailed last minute on WWHL appearance.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 3
On 1/31/2023 at 1:47 PM, janiema said:

This is really the worst crew. Norway (Adventure) has an incompetent crew but they are not as awful as this group. 
On another topic…. I think Sandy is a much better captain than Lee. He revels in deniability. “If I bad known this was happening I would have stopped it.”  But he goes out of his way to avoid knowing what is happening by discouraging department heads with sharing the problems with him. He does nothing but dock and drive the ship out. No concept about how the cruise is going. Sandy is better.

This. I've been saying this exact thing for years. I don't think Lee is a very good captain or manager. If someone asks him for help or advice, he always says, "if I have to tell you how to do your job, then what do I need to keep you around for?" Then, when the crew screws up, he yells and curses at them. I think Sandy is a very good captain, but I don't think she's a good manager. However, I would rather work for Lee, though, because at least with him, you always know where  you stand. Sandy just sides with whoever is kissing her ass the most, and she talks out of both sides of her mouth. But, yeah. I never got all of the Captain Lee love.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 1/31/2023 at 12:41 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Alyssa is a c u next Tuesday. She was purposely fucking with Ross, not because she genuinely liked him, but to annoy Katie. She gives women a bad name (speaking as a woman myself).

ITA! Alyssa's true colors are in full view now that Camille is gone.  Her BS reasoning for flirting with Ross was only for her to feel better about herself instead of seeing what a bitch she is.  She needs to turn her girl card in at this point.

And what did she call Haley in the previews?  A dirty little something.  So, apparently Ayssa needs someone to bully at work, so she looks like a hardworking stew.

She is just nasty at this point.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, gaPeach said:

ITA! Alyssa's true colors are in full view now that Camille is gone.  Her BS reasoning for flirting with Ross was only for her to feel better about herself instead of seeing what a bitch she is.  She needs to turn her girl card in at this point.

And what did she call Haley in the previews?  A dirty little something.  So, apparently Ayssa needs someone to bully at work, so she looks like a hardworking stew.

She is just nasty at this point.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this, lol.  Although, I feel like her true colors have been on full display since the first episode.  Camille sucked, but Alyssa is just being a nasty piece of work.  She totally egged it on. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2023 at 9:14 PM, Tanukisan said:

Rachel seems to getting sandbagged by these “around the world” dinner courses.  She’s set up to fail given the amount time to plate/serve/etc.  Aww, food to spicy?  Or it wouldn’t be spicy enough.  Fake drama.

[snip]

Personally, I think the tasting menu is pretty cool.  There is a lost art of conversation, etc. at table so it seems like an eternity between courses, when in reality, if one is actually enjoying the company of one’s dinner guests, it’s all in aid of a great experience.

Rachel is off her game in planning and timing, but these guests always seem like the type to check the box (on a likely production sheet the primary is handed) that says "Tasting menu" when they have never had a true tasting menu experience in their lives. I agree that none of these "friends" seem to be able to develop a dinner conversation. Plus, they're mostly drunk by the time dinner is served, and served soooo late, too. If this weren't all set up for drama I'd say Rachel needs to talk to the primary about not just the menu but meal times (start time as well as how long the meal might last). She also needs a stew dedicated to helping her in the galley for dinner if not for all three meals. If that happened, there wouldn't be any draaaaama though.

On 1/31/2023 at 11:22 AM, iMonrey said:

There is clearly something seriously wrong with Ross, he needs to get professional help. For that matter, so does Katie. She has some serious self-esteem issues. And so does Alissa. Hell, they all need serious psychotherapy.

I am sure that finding and casting crew members in need of serious psychotherapy is at the top of the producers' list for these shows.

Edited by RedHawk
Posted before proofing