Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/14/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 14 – Carey Mulligan and Zoe Kazan joined by The New York Times reporters Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey (“She Said”)

Tuesday, Nov. 15 – Steve Martin and Harry Bliss (author and illustrator, “Number One Is Walking: My Life in the Movies and Other Diversions”); Fat Joe (“The Book of Jose: A Memoir”)

Wednesday, Nov. 16 – John Leguizamo (“The Menu”); Julie Taymor (25th Anniversary of Broadway’s “The Lion King”)

Thursday, Nov. 17 – Danai Gurira (“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”); Garth Brooks

Friday, Nov. 18 – Tarana Burke (#metoo founder)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, geekburger said:

We’re gonna get a lot of gloating about Whoopi being right about the polls, aren’t we?

Honestly, she deserves a little room for gloating. I was just as annoyed hearing her say “vote, vote, vote” every day for 6+ months, but she was right.

Edited by Qkfman
  • Applause 7

I think Sara is doing a good job as Moderator,  my Hubby says its because she has experience as a Game Show Host so she knows how to segue to commercials, etc.  I got a kick out of their discussion of cutting Kimberly Guilfoyle out of the wedding photos, lol

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Where are Whoopi and Joy? The first 20 minutes were preempted due to the UVA shooting. 

Joy is always off on Mondays. I didn’t hear where Whoopi was.

Not a bad show today. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3

If I was that NYT reporter, I would have respectfully skipped my appearance on The View today, letting my colleague take the reins. She kept coughing and coughing. I'm sure she was uncomfortable and made others at the table uncomfortable. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

If I was that NYT reporter, I would have respectfully skipped my appearance on The View today, letting my colleague take the reins. She kept coughing and coughing. I'm sure she was uncomfortable and made others at the table uncomfortable. 

Yes! That was terrible.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I actually preferred today without Whoopi and Joy.  This panel is much more balanced.  You have Sunny who is left, Alyssa who is right, Ana who is moderate right and Sarah who is moderate left.  There was also no Whoopi rolling her eyes at topics nor Joy completely not being able to relate to something because of her age.  Also, because there were only four people, everyone got time to talk and Sarah did a great job moderating.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy is always off on Mondays. I didn’t hear where Whoopi was.

Not a bad show today. 

Just said Whoopi was out today, no reason why or where she was, probably helping Mickey & Minnie.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Just say Whoopi was out today, no reason why or where she was, probably helping Mickey & Minnie.

Sara did say that both Whoopi and Joy were out today at the top of the show.

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Or, you know, participate via Zoom.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sara did say that both Whoopi and Joy were out today at the top of the show.

I didn't say it wasn't said I was replying to someone else asking if there was a reason given for Whoopi  being out & there wasn't. As someone else said it was probably due to yesterday being her birthday.

4 hours ago, Qkfman said:

I like Sara a lot, but Sunny should really be moderating if we’re going by seniority. I wonder how she feels about that decision or if she was asked and just didn’t want to.

Moderators have to be neutral/objective (like Meredith Viera)...they bring up the topic, present to the panel, and keep things flowing.

Sunny just wouldn't be good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Moderators have to be neutral/objective (like Meredith Viera)...they bring up the topic, present to the panel, and keep things flowing.

Is Whoopi any of those things? Sunny would be better than her. But, personally, aside from the fact that it was unfair to Sunny, I was sort of glad to see Sara was the moderator just because the moderator always gets to speak less than the others. Sara contributes the least, I'd much rather hear Ana and Sunny talk than her.

Too bad Joy didn't come in to moderate today though; they had to know Whoopi would be off ahead of time. Or maybe Whoopi came in today and tested positive at the door?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Whoopi tested positive for Covid. 

My niece maintains 80% of us have had Covid and the rest probably had it but didn't realize it.  Sigh.  Not sure if that's really true of course but it certainly seems like the "I didn't get Covid Club" is getting smaller and smaller.  Whoopi has a few health challenges already, hopefully this is a mild case.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

My niece maintains 80% of us have had Covid and the rest probably had it but didn't realize it.  Sigh.  Not sure if that's really true of course but it certainly seems like the "I didn't get Covid Club" is getting smaller and smaller. 

I’m Whoopi’s age and I’ve never had it (or not that I know of) but my boss’ father, also the same age, was recently hospitalized and they told my boss that if her father hadn’t been vaccinated he’d probably be dead by now. So you never know!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

I hope Whoopi will be okay,  People eho have COVID two times are at high risk of getting Long COVID.   And she is not in the best of health anyway.

COVID finally caught my husband and me on vacation in London in September.  And we wore our masks on the flight and everywhere else, except when we were eating. You can't outrun it. Unless you are one of the people who they think might be immune to it, you will likely get it. I am extremely high risk as is my husband. He had 1 bad day and I had one bad night. Then we felt fine. Just a cough for a couple of weeks.  Thank God for vaccines and boosters.

• Hugs 4
  • Love 8

Not sure why everyone's saying Sunny has seniority over Sarah (if such a thing on The View even exists).  They both became full time hosts during the same season and while Sarah did leave the show for two seasons, so did Joy, so it's not like leaving and coming back erases your earlier seasons on the show.  And if length of time on the show decided who was moderator, than Joy would have been made moderator, like, fifteen years ago.  I'm assuming Sarah was picked (or volunteered) to be moderator because her personality best suits the role.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm assuming Sarah was picked (or volunteered) to be moderator because her personality best suits the role.

HURRAY!   I'll probably be commenting about Sunny next--and not favorably.  I'm reading this page from the bottom up.

Okay...when discussing his foot-tapping, Sunny thought former VPPence seemed like a robot.  So unimaginative.  I thought he was trying to control his demeanor during an interview...and being measured when speaking of an extremely difficult time--his life was threatened, and then "some loser" comments on his lack of courage. 

I'm definitely not a Republican, but the man is a human being. He served (SERVED!!) as our country's vice-president for four years.  Four years of dealing with Donald J. Trump!! Can't Sunny be fair about ANY Republican?  Rather than soundling like a professional, she's sounding more and more unhappy--very unhappy.  Get a grip, Sunny. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I’m gonna respectfully disagree. Sunny has moderated the show multiple times before and not gotten into it with the other ladies. Plus, some of the most famous moments in the history of the show have been arguments between the moderator and another (usually conservative) co-host disagreeing about a topic. 

1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

Not sure why everyone's saying Sunny has seniority over Sarah (if such a thing on The View even exists).  They both became full time hosts during the same season and while Sarah did leave the show for two seasons, so did Joy, so it's not like leaving and coming back erases your earlier seasons on the show.  And if length of time on the show decided who was moderator, than Joy would have been made moderator, like, fifteen years ago.  I'm assuming Sarah was picked (or volunteered) to be moderator because her personality best suits the role.

Joy being an original co-host and working there for 14 years, then being gone for two years, isn't the same thing as Sara being a co-host for two years, then leaving for two years.

• Applause 3

I think it was Sunny who noted that tax payers paid Pence’s salary and thus we have a right to expect his cooperation in the congressional investigation of the insurrection, rather than waiting until he profits bigly from a book deal.  Love the ironic title - “So Help Me God.” Goddess save us all!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Okay...when discussing his foot-tapping, Sunny thought former VPPence seemed like a robot.  So unimaginative.  I thought he was trying to control his demeanor during an interview...and being measured when speaking of an extremely difficult time--his life was threatened, and then "some loser" comments on his lack of courage. 

I'm definitely not a Republican, but the man is a human being. He served (SERVED!!) as our country's vice-president for four years.  Four years of dealing with Donald J. Trump!! Can't Sunny be fair about ANY Republican?  Rather than soundling like a professional, she's sounding more and more unhappy--very unhappy.  Get a grip, Sunny. 

I agree on the foot tapping.  It was not a rhythmic, bored kind of tapping, but a stress releasing kind of image to me.

As for Pence, he didn't really do anything much but gaze lovingly at his boss the 4 years in office.  And didn't say anything negative until he had his book to peddle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

agree on the foot tapping.  It was not a rhythmic, bored kind of tapping, but a stress releasing kind of image to me.

Yes.  It was a stress thing.  He was obviously uncomfortable answering questions that would anger people depending on how he answered.

I hope Whoopi is ok.  Covid finally caught up to us last month (airports) after 2.5 years of avoiding it.  Mr Haleth felt pretty terrible but I barely had symptoms beyond a normal cold.

I absolutely agree with Joy that Merrick Garland missed an opportunity. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She's been consistent on all the republicans who've written books on the administration.   Sunny's argument is that criticizing the previous administration now (for profit) does not negate their complicity with the things that happened.    

The foot tapping was distracting to me (I noticed it before Sunny mentioned anything).  I was surprised by it, because normally someone in his position would have been coached on body language for such a big interview.   So while for some it made him look more human, for others, it made him look less trustworthy or less presidential.   

Loved Ana's 'forget DeSantis and Trump, let me pile on on Kari Lake for a second....' rant...LOL

Edited by After7Only
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Whenever i hear someone i know getting it, i think back their steps and who might have infected them and did I have any contact etc.  I wonder if she got it from one  of the Queens, but then they all would have the close contact thing, except Ana.  So it must have been who she celebrated with.  But then again you never know, could have been the store clerk, or a delivery person etc etc.  Sigh.  Feel better soon Whoop.

• Love 1

Platform heels.  Not everyone (Sunny) who wears them can walk well.  Recently I've seen one of the cohosts (Sunny) walk out in her (Sunny) platforms as if she has ace bandages on her (Sunny) knees.  Not saying who.  Whoever she is (Sunny), she usually has beautiful shoes and a graceful walk.

• LOL 4
21 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

My niece maintains 80% of us have had Covid and the rest probably had it but didn't realize it.  Sigh.  Not sure if that's really true of course but it certainly seems like the "I didn't get Covid Club" is getting smaller and smaller.  Whoopi has a few health challenges already, hopefully this is a mild case.

I think your niece is on point. Last month, my mom (who is just about Joy's age) went in for a hip replacement. A couple of days later, she developed complications and pneumonia and had to be hospitalized. While in the hospital, she caught covid. She had never had it before and thankfully didn't have worse symptoms than a cough. It was the pneumonia that knocked her flat. Again, thank God for vaccines and boosters!!

2 hours ago, After7Only said:

She's been consistent on all the republicans who've written books on the administration.   Sunny's argument is that criticizing the previous administration now (for profit) does not negate their complicity with the things that happened.    

Agreed. Remember when Chris Christie came on to plug his own book? They never talk until they get book deals. 😡😡😡😡😡

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I'm sure Whoopi will be okay since she's vaccinated. The silver lining is we'll get two weeks of shows without her.

I agreed with Ana this morning about people counting their eggs before they've hatched in regards to DeSantis, particularly when she brought up the last Florida politician who everyone though would be the nominee / president for sure (Rubio). Rubio beat a better candidate by a margin not much different than DeSantis' last week, too.

Ana bringing back the recurring ghosts bit with Joy made me laugh.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Platform heels.  Not everyone (Sunny) who wears them can walk well.  Recently I've seen one of the cohosts (Sunny) walk out in her (Sunny) platforms as if she has ace bandages on her (Sunny) knees.  Not saying who.  Whoever she is (Sunny), she usually has beautiful shoes and a graceful walk.

The above is bit too subtle (for me!)  I dislike the thick platform shoes that look like horse's hooves in profile, & cringe every time (Sunny, mainly) clumps over to the (ghastly) View Yr Deal tables.  

And speaking of (Sunny), if that's her rooted hair, more power to her, she's a wonder of the world.  But if it's a hairpiece, give it a rest!  Half of her 'do today would've been sufficient!  Sunny was shown at home pre-pandemic, & her hair then was barely shoulder length (obvs growth may well have occurred since) & fairly thin; it appeared only a little longer & thin a coupla years ago, when she had a true crime victims show on ID?? channel.

Good show today - yay, Joy, don't ever leave us! Also adore Steve Martin - NAH  :)  (oldie's joke...) & was impressed with Fat Joe, too.  And somehow, the world looks a bit brighter this week!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

I think your niece is on point. Last month, my mom (who is just about Joy's age) went in for a hip replacement. A couple of days later, she developed complications and pneumonia and had to be hospitalized. While in the hospital, she caught covid. She had never had it before and thankfully didn't have worse symptoms than a cough. It was the pneumonia that knocked her flat. Again, thank God for vaccines and boosters!!

Speedy recovery to your Mom! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Remember way back when...when many thought of Sara as an airhead.  Then she came into her own and proved that she's a pretty smart cookie.  I saw a bit of airhead today.   "Folksy," she asks, "What's folksy?"  Almost immediately by a shocked, "Kissing babies??."  She's never heard of that?  I know it's not in her era, but it's been joked about 4ever...radio, television, movies...

History.com, excerpts:  Baby-kissing may be a campaign trail cliche—and a germaphobe’s nightmare—but it’s also a time-honored American political tradition...Martin Van Buren, reportedly kissed quite a few babies, and the tradition took off...candidates engage in baby-kissing because it can help them connect with voters. “The campaign trail can be a rough-and-tumble place, and this shows a softer, gentler side of candidates,” he says. “Voters want to elect someone who is a decent person, and this makes them more relatable.”

Remember, that's "History.com," not "Yesterday.com."

16 minutes ago, Oneofem said:

The above is bit too subtle (for me!)  I dislike the thick platform shoes that look like horse's hooves in profile, & cringe every time (Sunny, mainly) clumps over to the (ghastly) View Yr Deal tables.  

I started to use the word "clumps," because it's the PERFECT description!!!   I probably have an aversion to that style.  My mother was almost 5'0" and born in 1916.  She was very happy in the 40s when that style came out; she and her tiny sisters wore them happily.  We were a poor family and she wore them long after they were fashionable.  I didn't say anything, but I was a mortified teenager in the mid-50s when my mother continued to wear them (I had no clue she probably was buying shoes for US and couldn't afford new ones for herself).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Oneofem said:

And speaking of (Sunny), if that's her rooted hair, more power to her, she's a wonder of the world.  But if it's a hairpiece, give it a rest!  Half of her 'do today would've been sufficient! 

I think any compliments on Sunny's hair go straight to her head (ba-DUM-dum).  There must be lots of viewers LOVIN' IT and letting her know... we'll prolly see it for awhile.

"Prolly" is one of my minor pet peeves.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Remember way back when...when many thought of Sara as an airhead.  Then she came into her own and proved that she's a pretty smart cookie.  I saw a bit of airhead today.   "Folksy," she asks, "What's folksy?"  Almost immediately by a shocked, "Kissing babies??."  She's never heard of that?  I know it's not in her era, but it's been joked about 4ever...radio, television, movies...

From what I remember, Sara was reacting to Alyssa saying DeSantis couldn't pull off folksy, kissing babies, etc. The exact quote was, "Kissing babies?! I don't trust anybody who can't kiss babies."

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Speedy recovery to your Mom! 

Thank you, darling!! She is in rehab right now, but thankfully is looking and feeling like her normal self again. 🙏

This is the second time in less than a year Whoopi has had covid. Didn't they start off 2022 virtually because of it?

• Hugs 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I don't care that he served as Vice President to a delusional tyrant. Pence himself is an asshat and that's putting it nicely. I'm sure he didn't expect what happened on Jan 6th. Having said that he knew what he was getting into in terms of Trump's behavior because it had been on display for the world to see for years before he won. Google these words Pence HIV Outbreak Indiana Felony. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

What did the ladies mean by "3rd booster"? I had my two initial doses summer 2021 and one booster this past January. Haven't heard of other boosters. As far as I'm concerned I'm up-to-date 

There have been more boosters, the latest was new around Sept. and there was another one that you may have missed (depending on age). It may also depend on your age, ask at your local pharmacy.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4