Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Not All Fun and Games

• Start Topic

Robyn hosts a Family Fun Day for everyone and their kids, but leaves out one of the ladies; Gizelle and Mia are unimpressed by Robyn's hosting skills; Karen falls unexpectedly ill after she catches sight of Charrisse.

Airdate: 10.30.2022

• Wink 1

Robyn got Juan on camera playing a sack race??? Maybe they are doing pretty well. Robyn sounds like a damn fool asking Candiace to bring Wendy's kids. Why would she send her kids to an event where she is not welcome?? Wendy better have already looked at the schedule and said she couldn't make the day anyway, otherwise I can't see Robyn going along with this dumb storyline. Because we know she wouldn't send her kids to Wendy's event if she wasn't invited. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 13

Geez. Juan wouldn’t even attend Robyn’s crapfest.  I would have found a way out of that, too. And, Juan?  I’ve had several root canals and my face was never swollen after any of them.

Ewww.  Ashley still wants to have sex with Michael?  Ewww.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

On what planet does Robyn think Wendy would send her children with Candiace,  after Robyn went out of her way to be spiteful? Anyway that event looked boring. 

This whole Chris "made Gizelle uncomfortable" storyline has taken on a life of its own.  Yes Eddie, the same Chris that cooked for them. I loved Candiace paying Gizelle dust and indirectly letting Mia know,  she knows about her lie. 

I honestly think Michael leaked the "divorce" to the blogs to force Ashley's hand.

• Wink 1
  • Love 11

What a shock Mia’s creep husband was the only one who showed up, he really creeps me out.

Giselle: Single

Ashley: She’s going thru a divorce - anything that keep Michael away from the cameras is a win for everyone 

Robyn: Juan - I’m out of here

Wendy: Eddie - I have other things to do 

Karen: Ray - I’m taking a nap or golfing

Candiace: Chris - I need to work and stay away from Giselle

Edited by Stats Queen
I just started watching and am not sure which housewives actually came, but my reasons for why the husbands didn’t show up still stand. Wine may have been involved
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

I was just resuming my normal activities when I remembered that Ashley was sad about not having anymore children with Michael, so, she’s still thinking about having sex with him, and, because it can’t be said enough, ewwww. 

Edited by Axie
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

It's so funny. Dean now looks like John C. Reilly and his little brother looks like an old comedian from the 30's. I can't remember his name, but the old man wore a hat.

Dean does look like John C. Reilly!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, NJbutNoHousewife said:

While I believe Karen blows events off, I don't think she was faking anything at RobynFest. Her cough was super congested and broken up - not a fake cough. I have asthma/allergies, I know that cough - drink cold water and prepare to spit. Sorry if TMI. 

I just watched that scene (West coast). She said she had a respiratory infection. Yes, she hates Charrisse, but she overdid it and paid for it. 

• Love 5

The event didn’t look like a big deal but Karen was right. Robyn should have invited Wendy and her kids or not at all. Her asking Candiace to play auntie was dumb. Surprised Juan told her it was a good solution. 
I would prefer not to hear about Michael for the rest of the season. 

• Love 14

I was going up for Robyn in episodes 1 and 2, but after seeing her on these last two episodes and on WWHL, I'm gong to have to walk that back a bit. Looks like the preview for next week shows even more of a reason. She looks like she is moonwalking a bit to be able to help Gizelle. I don't think they anticipated the heavy backlash Gizelle would face once the season aired. Chris said on Twitter that he already apologized though. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 7

Why was Ashley driving in that subdivision for so long at the end when she was on the phone w her "publicist".  I get that they wanted the entire call on camera, but the endless driving made me chuckle.  

Robin's event was a hot freaking mess.  A soccer field, one table, bleachers for seating, and the catering that didn't require sternos.  WTAF was that?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Why was Ashley driving in that subdivision for so long at the end when she was on the phone w her "publicist".  I get that they wanted the entire call on camera, but the endless driving made me chuckle.  

Robin's event was a hot freaking mess.  A soccer field, one table, bleachers for seating, and the catering that didn't require sternos.  WTAF was that?  

LOL that was so funny. I think she was in Candiace's neighborhood, on her way to Candiace's house. The preview for next episode she is at Candiace's house in the same outfit. They probably told her to circle the block to get the info. 

No one, not Gizelle, production, stepped in to help Robyn with that wack event? And they got on Candiace for forgetting napkins that one time. 

• Love 9

LOVED Candiace’s curly weave during Family Day.

Robyn dear, you don’t get to act offended when Wendy refuses to bring her kids to your play day….heiffa, you didn’t invite HER, so why in the bluedilly hell should she let her kids come to your event?  And YOU should have asked Wendy to have someone bring the kids if it meant that much to you.  Wonder what reason #1,000 was that Juan couldn’t be bothered to attend.

Ashley, Candiace and Robin have banging bodies to wear exercise pants….Gizzard and Karen’s bellies were sticking out and was not presentable at all.

This one time I’ma say something positive regarding Robyn….Gizzard, her event didn’t need structure, it was about hanging out and having a good time.

I wish Karen would just tell the chubby muppet that she doesn’t fuck with her anymore.  She should have done it at her Spring brunch and she damned sure should have done it at the family event, there’s no need for fake coughing or whatever it was she was doing.

Well damn, Michael ain’t playing, is he?!  He got the ol’ snip-snip so Ashley can’t add another kid for support payments.  As for the leak, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was someone in her family inner circle.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, spunky said:

I honestly think Michael leaked the "divorce" to the blogs to force Ashley's hand.

I agree.  Kickback Jack is DONE with Ashley, he's shutting her down and forcing her hand.  She will do what he wants her to do or she'll be living in a townhouse in Woodbridge when it's all done.

14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Since Chris makes Ashley and Gizelle so uncomfortable, he needs not film with them in anyway. Keep his scenes to Candiace and whoever she films with and in group scenes, make sure he stays far away from Ashley and Gizelle and if they try to come near him, pay them dust.

I was just resuming my normal activities when I remembered that Ashley was sad about not having anymore children with Michael, so, she’s still thinking about having sex with him, and, because it can’t be said enough, ewwww. 

Boomerang Bob is making sure he doesn't have to pay for anymore of Ashley's expenses (Baby Momma Support Checks 1 & 2) than he has to. That's why he got the snip.

14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I agree with you, Juan.  I would have rather had a root canal than go to that mess in the park, too.  And, since Robyn lives near Baltimore, did they all drive to the Baltimore suburbs for that?

Robyn lives about 20-25 minutes from Baltimore (she actually lives between DC and Baltimore but a tad closer to Baltimore). Everyone on the cast except Ashley and maybe Wendy live about 30 minutes +/- from Robyn --both Ashley and Wendy live an hour away from most of the rest of the cast). And it's probably 90 minutes -2 hours between Wendy's house and Ashley's house.  Gizelle/Karen/Mia live closer to Robyn than they do Candiace. Ashley lives closer to Mia/Gizelle/Karen than she does Robyn, Candiace and Wendy.  Robyn & Wendy are the only 2 who don't live near the Beltway but Robyn can get to the Beltway within 15 minutes.  

NOBODY lives near Wendy.

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

LOL that was so funny. I think she was in Candiace's neighborhood, on her way to Candiace's house. The preview for next episode she is at Candiace's house in the same outfit. They probably told her to circle the block to get the info. 

That's not Candiace's neighborhood; the houses are way more spread out in Candiace's neighborhood. The houses in the neighborhood Ashley was driving in were close together.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

What a shock Mia’s creep husband was the only one who showed up, he really creeps me out.

Giselle: Single

Ashley: She’s going thru a divorce - anything that keep Michael away from the cameras is a win for everyone 

Robyn: Juan - I’m out of here

Wendy: Eddie - I have other things to do 

Karen: Ray - I’m taking a nap or golfing

I assumed that this event took place during the middle of the day in the middle of the spring break week, so all the husbands were at work during this time, except G who is retired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

LOVED Candiace’s curly weave during Family Day.

That's her natural hair.  When they were filming she made an Instagram story tutorial on how she keeps her hair healthy. 

14 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I assumed that this event took place during the middle of the day in the middle of the spring break week, so all the husbands were at work during this time, except G who is retired.

Even if they were available,  Eddie and Wendy were excluded , Chris is avoiding Gizelle like the plague and Juan never shows up. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Realistically, the only husbands who should've been there are G and Juan.

Gizelle has no partner; her children's father lives in Atlanta

Candiace has no children and her husband is avoiding 2 of the wives

Karen has no minor children; her youngest child lives in NYC (and stop trying to make Rayvin happen)

Ashley is divorcing Michael and he doesnt' care about them kids anyway

Charisse is divorced; she has no minor children

Wendy wasn't invited so why would Eddie be there?

Juan's brother should've been there since his wife/fiancee was there but if Juan wasn't there, why would the brother be there?

Jacqueline brought her PP.

They should've invited Askale since she has young children and a husband.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Typical Robyn doing everything half-ass. 

Also Robyn: Wendy, I hate you but can your kids come out and play with us? Just be sure you stay home. 

17 hours ago, Axie said:

What is going on with this woman? Either you want to split up or not. The thought of having another kid with that old ugly fart is vomit inducing. Bleeeecccchhhh! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 10/26/2022 at 4:51 PM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 10.30.2022

I can't stand all of this pettiness. Robyn you were wrong and there's no other excuse for this.  If it wasn't about the Kids then you would have invited their mother.  I would never allow my kids to go anywhere I wasn't welcomed. That's just insane. It would have been better to just leave it alone all together. Next week Robyn looks even more crazy than usual. You are doing entirely too much girl and looking real crazy.  I had no hope for Candance and Ashely new friendship because Ashley is vindictive and is loyal to no one except that paycheck.   

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What is going on with this woman? Either you want to split up or not. The thought of having another kid with that old ugly fart is vomit inducing. Bleeeecccchhhh! 

I completely expected her to say something about how she wanted to try for a girl.

1 hour ago, byrd said:

If it wasn't about the Kids then you would have invited their mother.  I would never allow my kids to go anywhere I wasn't welcomed. That's just insane. It would have been better to just leave it alone all together. Next week Robyn looks even more crazy than usual. You are doing entirely too much girl and looking real crazy. 

The way Robin's scenario works is if the kids have developed relationships among themselves and therefore, missing out on a chance to get together and play really punishes the children. But in this case where they don't hang or know one another like that, I don't understand why you'd send your kids to play with a strange group of kids, supervised by a woman who says she hates you. That's just dumb.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

There was a very awkward moment on WWHL with Robyn. Andy asked her what Juan thought about not having his name on the deed to the house, and she freaked and said shhh, he doesn’t know. Too late now. 

How..how could he not know??? I mean its plausible that he doesn't know its on the show, he probably doesn't watch the show, but how could he not know his name isn't on the deed??

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

How..how could he not know??? I mean its plausible that he doesn't know its on the show, he probably doesn't watch the show, but how could he not know his name isn't on the deed??

No, the question was about how he felt about Gizelle saying it on national tv to which Robyn replied that he didn't know because he doesn't watch the show.

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

There was CATERING there?? I just thought there was some bottles of water!

I used the word "catering" very generously.  Robin carried out from her car, three foil pans, stacked on top of each other which tells me 1) they're cold and 2) they're very very light.  I know when I order catering for a party, I can barely pick up ONE pan, let alone 3 stacked on top of each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

No, the question was about how he felt about Gizelle saying it on national tv to which Robyn replied that he didn't know because he doesn't watch the show.

Ah good, that makes more sense. I watched WWHL but wasn't paying much attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

yeah Robyn should have put herself in Wendy's shoes and thought "would I send my kids without me to an event I wasn't welcomed at?". That was just dumb. 

I LOL'd at Dean screaming "Noooo!" when Gizelle said hi to him. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Guess I’m a Pollyanna, but I thought Ashley was sad that her (adorable, actually ) sons would have no more full siblings.  And I know he’s a total creep but Michael is not physically repulsive at all - in decent shape and cute face for a 60 yr old businessman, imo.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 2

I was confused about Robin's new yard. They seemed to be practicing around the side or the back, but the only thing my eyes could focus on was the massive area of dead grass that was a complete eyesore. Clearly the former owners had an RV or a big shed or something there. Typical Robin, just filming there with little care of how that was going to look on camera. Then she moves into the house from outside, and in the window behind her.... yup you got it, the massive burnt/dead/yellow lawn in all its glaring non beauty. I don't know why that bothered me, but it did! lol :) 

Just how many packages of that blasted "dirty bird” did Karen throw away anyway? Is that all she ate prior to her allergy? And yes, as someone said above, stop trying to make Raven happen. She is rarely on the show, has the personality of a snail, and I could care less if she joined the Kardashians & other clout chasers on the red carpet of the met gala. There are bigger fish to fry.

Ashley and this divorce storyline. Girl, he hasn't been into you for years. You were a sexual plaything to him, so he could score 3 some's, and have some D on the side. He is a predator, and so damn ugly. He was right to get the snip snip, Ashley clearly was looking for additional checks. Girl, look at your odd looking sons. They have to live with 1/2 of Daddy's face. Stop doing that to poor innocent babies. 

The family NO FUN day was atrocious. I was slightly embarrassed for Robin, but given that she was the one that put so little effort into the day, why give her any concern? The shady editors continually panning over to the bench with the plastic blowing over the two sad trays of non-heated up food was funny though. As was Karen masking up and booking it out of there after Charrise arrived. She did sound sick though. And why exactly is Charrise back on this season? To pay for her new unflattering bolt ons? To make Karen run away? To add a few more bottles to her champagne room? To encourage all the woman in the land to take ALL the money in divorces? GTFOOH with that ish.

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Just how many packages of that blasted "dirty chicken" did Karen throw away anyway? Is that all she ate prior to her allergy? And yes, as someone said above, stop trying to make Raven happen. She is rarely on the show, has the personality of a snail, and I could care less if she joined the Kardashians & other clout chasers on the red carpet of the met gala. There are bigger fish to fry.

I forgot about that! Karen had a lot of chicken in the freezer. It seemed like such a waste to throw it all away.

I'm also wondering how Raven was invited to the Met Gala. Was she actually invited or did she crash? Or did she maybe go with someone?

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Not interested in a tiff, but don't know what Gorgeous Kid Wonderland y'all dwell in!  Ashley (of course) posts many pix of Dylan & Dean & they're both damn cute, for crying out loud.  Maybe Dean's a tad John C Reilly-ish😃 currently, but Ashley shares that high forehead & is a beauty (contrast w/Teresa Guidice's barely there brow...)  Abs awful lookist comments were flung at Teresa's daughters in their early years & somehow they all morphed into stunning young women.

"Girl (Ashley) look at your odd-looking sons."

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 11:12 AM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Well damn, Michael ain’t playing, is he?!  He got the ol’ snip-snip so Ashley can’t add another kid for support payments.  As for the leak, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was someone in her family inner circle.

Her mom, you know she is can use the money.

7 hours ago, Oneofem said:

Guess I’m a Pollyanna, but I thought Ashley was sad that her (adorable, actually ) sons would have no more full siblings.  And I know he’s a total creep but Michael is not physically repulsive at all - in decent shape and cute face for a 60 yr old businessman, imo.  

I find him totally repulsive.  Like the weird creepy thing from Lord of the Rings.

4 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Just how many packages of that blasted "dirty chicken" did Karen throw away anyway? Is that all she ate prior to her allergy? And yes, as someone said above, stop trying to make Raven happen. She is rarely on the show, has the personality of a snail, and I could care less if she joined the Kardashians & other clout chasers on the red carpet of the met gala. There are bigger fish to fry.

Ashley and this divorce storyline. Girl, he hasn't been into you for years. You were a sexual plaything to him, so he could score 3 some's, and have some D on the side. He is a predator, and so damn ugly. He was right to get the snip snip, Ashley clearly was looking for additional checks. Girl, look at your odd looking sons. They have to live with 1/2 of Daddy's face. Stop doing that to poor innocent babies. 

It bothers me when people throw away meat, I hate that the animals suffered and died for nothing.  

Uugh can't stand Rayven (spelling?)

HA!

54 minutes ago, Oneofem said:

Not interested in a tiff, but don't know what Gorgeous Kid Wonderland y'all dwell in!  Ashley (of course) posts many pix of Dylan & Dean & they're both damn cute, for crying out loud.  Maybe Dean's a tad John C Reilly-ish😃 currently, but Ashley shares that high forehead & is a beauty (contrast w/Teresa Guidice's barely there brow...)  Abs awful lookist comments were flung at Teresa's daughters in their early years & somehow they all morphed into stunning young women.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you on all counts.  Those kids look creepy and Teresa's daughters are not good looking at all.  The quiet one who doesn't look like Teresa, Gabriella? she is pretty.  The others are heinous looking.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Did Gizelle say that Chris asked her to go to a private room? Chris said he wanted to talk to her, she suggested her room, and the door was left open. He left when she asked him. All according to her. She won't let go, will she?

Michael Darby doesn't trust Ashley not to get pregnant....It's a little insulting to have a vasectomy. 

Anna Wintour of Vogue magazine is the Chairperson of the Met Gala, and every year Vogue interns (yes, interns), and up participate. Rayven Hugar tagged Vogue on her photo from the Met Gala on her IG, she is in the fashion industry, and she obviously has some connection to Vogue.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Michael Darby doesn't trust Ashley not to get pregnant....It's a little insulting to have a vasectomy. 

I don't like Michael Darby, but if I were in his shoes, I would definitely consider getting a vasectomy, too. He has every right to get one. It's a sure way to stop any further alimony checks. They are looking for a house for Ashley and the kids, and I see how she's looking into very big houses, bigger than she actually needs, and she's expecting Michael to just pay for it.  I'm not from the States so I don't know the particulars about how much money you're supposed to give to your ex after the divorce, but I know Ashley's entitled to something. However, I just disagree with the idea that you're supposed to pay enough for you ex to maintain the kind of lifestyle they were used to while they were married. Ashley didn't bring any money into the marriage but now she's expecting to live well off on his money. I know they signed a prenup so she gets what's her according to that, but I just think Michael is being wise to get a vasectomy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Glama said:

I don't like Michael Darby, but if I were in his shoes, I would definitely consider getting a vasectomy, too. He has every right to get one. It's a sure way to stop any further alimony checks. They are looking for a house for Ashley and the kids, and I see how she's looking into very big houses, bigger than she actually needs, and she's expecting Michael to just pay for it.  I'm not from the States so I don't know the particulars about how much money you're supposed to give to your ex after the divorce, but I know Ashley's entitled to something. However, I just disagree with the idea that you're supposed to pay enough for you ex to maintain the kind of lifestyle they were used to while they were married. Ashley didn't bring any money into the marriage but now she's expecting to live well off on his money. I know they signed a prenup so she gets what's her according to that, but I just think Michael is being wise to get a vasectomy. 

I don't blame him. Ashley will get child support, and the more kids she has, the higher the child support payments.

Michael getting a vasectomy means that the separation/divorce is not only a storyline. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm so curious about the terms of Ashley's prenup. She probably had to do handstands, guys named Stan, and grandstand just to keep that raggedy-ass marriage going, so I hope she didn't sell herself too cheaply. Alas, I have a feeling she may have. Michael doesn't strike me as the generous type. She probably thought that one more coochie-craving could add an additional zero to her stipend. She worked for every zero on that monthly check she's got coming.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Glama said:

It differs from state to state, but my understanding is that courts look at somewhere in the middle, driven by the best interests of the child. So, if a kid was attending private school paid for by the parent making high six-figures and after the divorce, they live with the (former) stay-at-home parent, the court would still look to have that child's education paid for by the working parent. And while the expectation isn't that they continue to live in the exact same lifestyle, they shouldn't go from living in a mansion to living in public housing simply because the non-custodial parent doesn't want to pay. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, eXiled said:

I'm so curious about the terms of Ashley's prenup. She probably had to do handstands, guys named Stan, and grandstand just to keep that raggedy-ass marriage going, so I hope she didn't sell herself too cheaply. Alas, I have a feeling she may have. Michael doesn't strike me as the generous type. She probably thought that one more coochie-craving could add an additional zero to her stipend. She worked for every zero on that monthly check she's got coming.

She said on Watch What Happens Live a few weeks ago that she's not getting half of his money like she thought. There was some language in the pre-nup that she didn't understand when she signed it. I can't comprehend why she thought that man would just let her walk away with half of his money. Especially a man who has already been through a divorce and has adult children. Michael is playing chess, while Ashley is playing with play-doh.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Now how did I know Ashley was stupid enough to sign a document without an attorney present? Whatever her mother took her through really made her thirsty enough to accept any-and-every-damn-thing. Why is it that the audience could tell Ashley that she was going to get played, but she couldn't see it coming herself? When your husband is nicer to Juan Dixon than he is to you, that might give you an idea that your piece of the pie might be a lot smaller than you thought it would be.

Michael must give good pillow talk because nothing about his demeanor or presence screams PAYOUT to me. For years he and Ashley filmed in that one spot within his cramped bachelor pad (a place I doubt Ashley helped refurnish after she moved in). She's probably regulated to one drawer (two now that she's had the boys). She did "get" the restaurant, but I see that more as a business write-off and a way to keep the Lil Missus busy. Had the restaurant been successful, I very much doubt Michael would have given it Ashley, even if its success was based on her hard work.

Maybe I overestimated Ashley?

Maybe ... maybe she was in love with her husband?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

It differs from state to state, but my understanding is that courts look at somewhere in the middle, driven by the best interests of the child. So, if a kid was attending private school paid for by the parent making high six-figures and after the divorce, they live with the (former) stay-at-home parent, the court would still look to have that child's education paid for by the working parent. And while the expectation isn't that they continue to live in the exact same lifestyle, they shouldn't go from living in a mansion to living in public housing simply because the non-custodial parent doesn't want to pay. 

I can totally understand this when it comes to children being able to continue in the kind of environment they've grown up in. That's only fair. I guess I'm just a bit cynical and think that the main aim is usually that the person who married their wealthier partner wants to keep living the good life. I've heard how much money some of these housewives are given after a divorce and the sums seem ridiculous to me. They seem out of this world! 

And I have to add that I've always found Ashley a suspicious opportunist, so my opinion of her is pretty low. I personally think she's always known what Michael is like, and he was never that interested in having children with her, and so she's gotten into this mess knowing that there might be problems ahead. That's just my opinion.

• Love 4

Kathryn Dennis' child support (Southern Charm} was held to the minimum required by state guidelines. She had two kids with a very wealthy man, and there was no long-term pattern of living in luxury. Her greedy strategy to live off of child support backfired.

• Love 4

Very few states are community property states, meaning that married partners own everything that was earned during marriage jointly. Most states allow married partners to own property, etc. individually/separately. And there are also prenuptial agreements, even in community property states. D.C. is an equitable distribution jurisdiction, so property and debt which was acquired during a marriage is divided equally. But, Ashley will have to abide by a prenup. I'm sure there is one because Michael is older, has kids from a previous marriage, and he wouldn't give half of what he earned during the marriage to Ashley. Ashley has income from the show, and possibly other side projects related to the show. This would be taken in consideration, although this income is finite. The kids should continue living a similar lifestyle after a divorce.

Did someone mention that Ashley's name is on the title of the D.C. penthouse? The penthouse is not that small. It might appear to be because filming is allowed in some areas only. It also has a large patio/veranda (or whatever it is called) which was shown in earlier seasons.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Kathryn Dennis' child support (Southern Charm} was held to the minimum required by state guidelines. She had two kids with a very wealthy man, and there was no long-term pattern of living in luxury. Her greedy strategy to live off of child support backfired.

This is rumored to have bitten Evelyn Lozada (Basketball Wives) in the backside when she tried to come-up off a baseball player who lives in Texas. There are too many free MOOCs, courses, and classes out here for old gold diggers to not know the laws, legislation, and rules when they set their sites on a new opportunity.

This show needs an overhaul. I have no idea how Mia squeaked through again. Askale's family situation must have been too normal for her to get on. Mia gives weird, phony energy. I wouldn't mind that if that energy led to any good drama.

I am of two minds when it comes to Dr. Wendy: I keep thinking she can go too, but she has promise.

Unlike some viewers, I liked the Four Degrees flavor she brought during her original season. It was fresh and different. I liked that she was the only Housewife we could see giving commentary on politics and public affairs. I liked that Wendy wasn't a "read queen."

The fact that Wendy now wants to sell candles and run restaurants is just so ... basic. She probably can't see it, though, because believe it or not, she probably always wanted to be basic.

Overachieving doesn't seem to have brought the pleasure/self esteem/accolades she thought it would. Maybe Wendy's mother got the biggest boost from her daughter's achievements. Meanwhile, Wendy sees women who barely finished high school becoming famous after building their bodies instead of their brains. A major mindfuck to someone whose formative years were spent studying.

Edited by eXiled
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4