Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E17: This Was Supposed to Be Our New Start

• Start Topic

It's time for the couples to take control of their marriages and their futures as they make the decision to stay married or get a divorce. But as they prepare to move forward from the experiment, a shocking realization leads one couple to reverse their decision.

Airs Wednesday October 26 at 8:00PM EDT.

I sometimes like Nate, but his "I like how people look at us...We're a power couple" is concerning. Cue the Bachelor "Right Reasons" song.

Harsh lighting? Stacia's looking like his fifteen-years-older sister. 

...and he's a yes, she's a commercial break fake-out yes. Well, good luck to them.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Alexis looking rather elegant in a super skin-tight long brown dress. No cleavage on Decision Day!?!

Montage of Alexis' hairstyles. I like how she turns her braids into a fez-like hat. 😄

This thread is hopping! MAFS excitement at peak anticipation hahahaha

Edit: So...Justin and Alexis didn't even kiss after they both said yes? Did I blink and miss it? I'd be shocked if this one sticks.

Edited by kikicat
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I cracked up when Alexis busted out that piece of paper and started insincerely reading.  She just didn't want to look bad saying NO, and I'd be surprised if they're still together.

Oh Lindy, dressed in green wrapping paper.  Bless her heart.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I believe Mitch and Krysten made a good decision getting divorced. The show will probably pay the legal fees. The couples who said yes will eventually have to pay for the divorce out of their own pockets.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

LOL! There has to be a bonus for saying yes on DD. No way Alexis and Justin are still together. (She wasn't even selling it now;-)

🤣🤣🤣That's more like it. They didn't make it to the end of this episode!

Krysten did not look surprised and she responded, "I choose me."

Then Alexis did her the favor of a lifetime and Lindy put it best: Slam that door and throw the deadbolt. Finally! Krysten said the Krysten and Mitch Show is over.

Edited by buttersister
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I decided to log in here and find the result rather than torture myself watching. I wonder if Krysten would have said yes had Mitch said yes? I don't know what Mitch is thinking. Maybe he realizes he's not worthy of Krysten, maybe he realizes he's happy in his filthy little apartment.

• Love 4

So Alexis said yes just to not look bad after Justin said yes and then when he pushes her on it he eventually gets her to say no.  It might look like he was engaging in relationship sabotage but I think he just had her number by then and was forcing the truth out of her.

I think Lindy and Miguel might be the only couple that makes it for the long haul on this season.  Nate and Stacia are still on somewhat shaky ground.  Krysten was trying like heck to keep things classy by talking about open doors but then when Mitch basically slapped her back into reality it only confirmed for her that she made the right decision to say "no" and suddenly she started taking her white gloves off a little when talking to the camera.  I do wonder if she would have said "yes" if he did if only because she was determined to give this thing everything she had if at all possible.  Those eggs of hers have an expiration date and she knows it.

30 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Which means I have to devote more hours to watching this crapfest when I could be reading Dostoevsky.

I'm seriously considering devoting all next season to reading Dostoevsky rather than watch another season of this crapfest.   They are not giving us enough time between seasons anymore and it's just getting to be too much.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I decided to log in here and find the result rather than torture myself watching. I wonder if Krysten would have said yes had Mitch said yes? I don't know what Mitch is thinking. Maybe he realizes he's not worthy of Krysten, maybe he realizes he's happy in his filthy little apartment.

I think you're right he had a hard time giving up his single life, I feel like he could be a confirmed bachelor and be content with that.  I hope Krysten realises she gives up too much of herself, it's not a recipe for a good relationship.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

He looked like a bum, too, on Decision Day. Wrinkled jacket and what were those slacks he was wearing? He doesn't even own a suit?

I've often wondered if Pepper and Cal know the decisions beforehand. How is it decided who goes first? I'd wanted Krysten to go first and have the satisfaction of saying 'divorce' first. 

8 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Those eggs of hers have an expiration date and she knows it

She's only 32; she has plenty of time yet. If she's that worried, she could always freeze her eggs. She gave it the old college try, bless her heart. She's a better woman than I am. Mitch would drive me nuts.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

She's only 32; she has plenty of time yet. If she's that worried, she could always freeze her eggs. She gave it the old college try, bless her heart. She's a better woman than I am. Mitch would drive me nuts.

I think she was so ready to settle down she would have tried to make it with Mitch if he had given her half a chance.  But he really didn't despite all the lovey-dovey and hand holding between them.  She wants the whole enchilada not freezing eggs and enlisting a donor sperm.  She wants a real relationship but is obviously quietly despairing inside of ever finding one and her baby clock is ticking so loud I can hear it in Connecticut all the way from California.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think she was so ready to settle down she would have tried to make it with Mitch if he had given her half a chance.  But he really didn't despite all the lovey-dovey and hand holding between them.  She wants the whole enchilada not freezing eggs and enlisting a donor sperm.  She wants a real relationship but is obviously quietly despairing inside of ever finding one and her baby clock is ticking so loud I can hear it in Connecticut all the way from California.

No, I agree with you about her wanting a baby AND a relationship with the father of her baby. I just think perhaps it would be wise once one reaches 35 to freeze those eggs. She could meet her match and get married and her frozen eggs would still be viable. I wish her all the best. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

Alexis and Justin’s relationship made me think of a Gladys Knight song, “Neither one of us wants to be the first to say goodbye”.  Justin clearly wanted out but didn’t have the guts to admit it.  So, he did the next best thing and duped Alexis into saying she wants a divorce.  Now, he is going to play victim and go and get his dog. 

Kristen was doing so well and then she had to go and make herself look desperate, by saying she was leaving the door ajar for Mitch.  He doesn’t want her, and the sad part is that she is a prize.  Kristen and Mitch’s relationship reminds me of a movie I once saw titled “Untamed Heart” with Marisa Tomei and Christian Slater.  In one scene Marisa (a college student by day and a waitress at night) cried to Slater, “my boyfriend, an unemployed, pot head just told me he doesn’t want me; what has my life come to?”   I will never understand why an attractive and seemingly intelligent woman like Kristen allowed Mitch to keep making her look like a fool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

The underwhelming reception by the experts said it all when Nate and Stacia and Justin and Alexis said "yes".  They seemed a lot less enthusiastic about them than Lindy and Miguel.  And even they're not on the most solid ground going into decision day either.  No one this season (except for Krysten) seemed really ready for marriage and making the changes they would have to make to accommodate someone else, even the ones that are supposedly in love with each other.  This season some of them seemed to be acting the role of being into the person even if they were not that into them.  Even Mitch acted more into Krysten at times but in the end defaulted to his true feelings.  Same for Alexis who I think is a phony-baloney and Justin had figured it out.  Everything about her body language and her underwhelming written message said "no" despite her saying "yes".  

Nate is aware he has issues but that doesn't make him ready for marriage and Stacia has her own that make her too set in her ways.  And Miguel and Lindy are not as mature and self aware as they think they are so I predict they'll go back in and out of the death spiral roller coaster after a while.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I will never understand why an attractive and seemingly intelligent woman like Kristen allowed Mitch to keep making her look like a fool.

I will refer you to my post above for my answer on that.  Her marriage and baby clock are ticking so loudly she is willing to settle and make compromises that no woman with all she has going for her should ever have to make.  Plus she wanted to take the high road and look like the "better person", I'm sure.

18 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

No, I agree with you about her wanting a baby AND a relationship with the father of her baby. I just think perhaps it would be wise once one reaches 35 to freeze those eggs. She could meet her match and get married and her frozen eggs would still be viable. I wish her all the best. 

Sure that would be a solution but I think Krysten is just suffering from the traditional marriage and baby clock syndrome which really start to pressure a lot of women at around her age and make them want to settle down RIGHT NOW with whoever they happen to be dating.  It may not be rooted in reality but it's how they feel nonetheless.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

I have to say I was Team Mitch for once in the final argument - he was trying to be cool without saying he had no interest in the open door, until the others forced it.  But I'm happy for Krysten that they did so she can just move on.

I always say that if they like each other they should stay together and see how things go without cameras.  But the way they talk about their decisions - which I know is producer managed - would make me want to say no if I had to hear about how my partner was so confused and unsure of wanting to be with me until the moment before Decision Day!

Preview for next week look interesting - did I hear Justin claim Nate had hit on him, or have I had too much wine? 😳

• Mind Blown 3
  • Love 2

Justin took the words out of my mouth when he said that Alexis made it seem like she was doing Justin a favor by saying yes. Like she’s the prize to be won. Or worse, that she settled for the less spectacular Justin. I was hoping he would have realized that and said that that wasn’t good enough in the actual DD moment with the experts (sort of like what Krysten said earlier in the season that she didn’t want to settle when Dr Pepper said there was “enough there”). But I so wish Justin had been the one to pull the rip cord, not Alexis, but at least the rip cord was pulled. 

But ugh, now Alexis can run around town saying 4 different guys wanted her to be their wife. Great. That will surely make her all the more endearing.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I have to say I was Team Mitch for once in the final argument - he was trying to be cool without saying he had no interest in the open door, until the others forced it.  But I'm happy for Krysten that they did so she can just move on.

I always say that if they like each other they should stay together and see how things go without cameras.  But the way they talk about their decisions - which I know is producer managed - would make me want to say no if I had to hear about how my partner was so confused and unsure of wanting to be with me until the moment before Decision Day!

Preview for next week look interesting - did I hear Justin claim Nate had hit on him, or have I had too much wine? 😳

That preview omg, that preview. I heard those same words 3 times (I had to keep pushing the back button to make sure). Justin yelling that, more than asking that says so much about Justine NOT Nate. What exactly it says I am not sure. darn those producers(and writers heee)have me really hooked on next week, which recent seasons has been my fave episode. Everything said is not prewritten, suggested whathaveyou. So it feels like the most real interviews.

My prediction is Nate and Staccia(sp?) will still be together when the next show is taped. I think Nate is steely in getting some more power in their coupledoom. He is going to get some doorknobs of his own. I think the way to Stassia's heart (and to get his way on things)is thru sex, and you know no complaints are coming from that couple.

Who just said that one of them should have said "oh, you have a job" to Morgan. love that. or maybe "so what do you do?".

Edited by geej
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So Alexis said yes just to not look bad after Justin said yes and then when he pushes her on it he eventually gets her to say no.  It might look like he was engaging in relationship sabotage but I think he just had her number by then and was forcing the truth out of her.

I think Lindy and Miguel might be the only couple that makes it for the long haul on this season.  Nate and Stacia are still on somewhat shaky ground.  Krysten was trying like heck to keep things classy by talking about open doors but then when Mitch basically slapped her back into reality it only confirmed for her that she made the right decision to say "no" and suddenly she started taking her white gloves off a little when talking to the camera.  I do wonder if she would have said "yes" if he did if only because she was determined to give this thing everything she had if at all possible.  Those eggs of hers have an expiration date and she knows it.

I'm seriously considering devoting all next season to reading Dostoevsky rather than watch another season of this crapfest.   They are not giving us enough time between seasons anymore and it's just getting to be too much.

yes!    just the way she acted when she said she wanted to stay married, like she's doing him a favor and he'd better improve (in the bedroom) told him she wasn't sincere.  she sure didn't act like she meant it.  so glad he finally saw the light.  and i think her dress was not at all flattering on her, but at least it was covering up her assets.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Someone at the get-together: "Morgan you look great, like you've been vacationing in Hawaii!"

Morgan: "Nooooo, I've been working."

How I wish the next comment would have been, "Oh, you have a job?"

Who is Morgan?

5 hours ago, endure said:

I hope Kristen meets a great guy soon, she really wants a good relationship and she’s willing to do the work.  Maybe her and Steve could meet up 💘 now that he’s single?

Who is Steve?

5 hours ago, princelina said:

I know this forum is mostly pro-Krysten but I've always been a Mitch fan. He's unusual, yes, but he's an interesting fellow and one of the few guys that's ever appeared on this show that is a relatively deep thinker and is able to express his ideas and emotions. Krysten always thought she was so perfect and was the one who was trying to make the marriage work but I thought Mitch explained his feelings well as to why the marriage would never work. They both made a good effort though and I think they could both be happily married if they found the right kind of people to match up with. I think they both learned a lot about themselves.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, geej said:

He is going to get some doorknobs of his own.

This almost made me do a spit-take with my coffee 😂

9 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Who is Morgan?

The mean RN who did the early decision day.

9 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Who is Steve?

Steve of Steve & Noi last season.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, endure said:

I hope Kristen meets a great guy soon, she really wants a good relationship and she’s willing to do the work.  Maybe her and Steve could meet up 💘 now that he’s single?

Or Chris who was paired up with "I'm a really good person"  Alyssa.

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

yes!    just the way she acted when she said she wanted to stay married, like she's doing him a favor and he'd better improve (in the bedroom) told him she wasn't sincere.  she sure didn't act like she meant it.  so glad he finally saw the light.  and i think her dress was not at all flattering on her, but at least it was covering up her assets.

Was it me or did that dress made her look like she put on weight in the hip and thigh area?  Or did she actually gain weight?  They kept showing clips of her from the wedding and soon after and I thought she looked thinner then.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2022 at 8:29 PM, kikicat said:

Alexis looking rather elegant in a super skin-tight long brown dress. No cleavage on Decision Day!?!

Ha! She saved the cleavage dress for the reunion show!!!

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Or Chris who was paired up with "I'm a really good person"  Alyssa.

Was it me or did that dress made her look like she put on weight in the hip and thigh area?  Or did she actually gain weight?  They kept showing clips of her from the wedding and soon after and I thought she looked thinner then.

agreed on both counts

but geographically, chris won't work unless one of them is willing to move

i think we didn't notice her hip/thigh area so much before because her clothes always intentionally had us looking at her bosom and this one didn't

• Like 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, princelina said:

I have to say I was Team Mitch for once in the final argument - he was trying to be cool without saying he had no interest in the open door, until the others forced it.  

Alexis was the nail in the coffin on that one, and she was instrumental in Morgan and Binh breaking up.  It was probably for the best in both situations, but until she hangs out her shingle in couples therapy, I think she should focus a little more on her own relationship. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Am I the only one who thought that Alexis once again showed herself to be the queen of shit-stirring when she pushed Mitch in front of the group to admit that he didn't intend for any doors to be left open, that that was all Kirsten ??  She is THE WORST.  I hope Maya is back home with Justin.

Statistical Outlier--we posted at almost the same time.  I agree!

10 hours ago, princelina said:

I heard Justin say that too!!!!! 

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I thought that dress did her no favors and she looked pretty bad in it.  Too form fitting and emphasizing the hips in a not-so-flattering way.  Making it worse was her legs looked small, making her hips appear even wider.  I'm all for curves, but not this time. 

• Love 4

I'm glad this season is over.  There seemed to be lots of very intelligent yet difficult personalities.  They enjoyed talking in circles and arguing about arguing.  It was boring listening to their endless pontificating and re-wording things.  I'm ready for more crazies.  Has anyone heard when and where the next season will be filmed?

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Lotta firsts this episode. First outdoor DD. First time husbands gave their wives flower(s). First letters from spouses. First issues list. YIKES! First time an already divorced couple didn't have to show up on DD, oh wait Chris & Alyssa didn't last season, huh? First couple to say yes, only to say divorce the next night. WOAH! WHAT even was their argument?! They're so hard to follow. Justin kept pushing her quitting & regretting saying yes, he made it come true! Good God! How'd she say she didn't mean to say divorce, but didn't take it back? They're such a mess. Nate & Lindy said they don't feel good enough, but were the first to say yes. Justin & Lindy were the types to stay married & they stuck to that. Nate's decision was surprising. Krysten went too far with the open door crap. WHY give him that luxury & security?!! It was good Alexis asked him. Krysten was making herself look stupid, repeatedly. She needed that reality check. She didn't even ask him if he was open to getting back together in the future. Then she tried to take it back by saying she just said it to be nice. Sure.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2