Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

That Spectator office set is so janky. Why do they have a cubicle wall pushed up in front of a window with drapery?? Makes no sense, and bugs me every time I see it. 

16 hours ago, sas616 said:

It bugs me as well.   It's so obvious that the 2 desks are crammed into a tiny space.   What is the point of having partitions around them?    

It's set up that way so the Oompah Loompahs who do all the real work have some privacy behind the screens.

There's got to be a whole crew of them to comb out Everett's beard, at the very least.

Willy Wonka Singing GIF

The Spectator is lucky to have them.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

So what was BenAlex's reason for seeing a shrink? To discuss his love life? This is why Marlena is working into her nineties?

I feel nothing for his fake relationship. Neither he or Gweneresa have sold this to me as a real thing. She is still a distracting cosplay to me. Pity as with the real Theresa the coming revelation would really have hit.

Rafe is an affable dope these days isn't he? Do we really think Everett is going to come clean? 

Xander turned down wine infused sex. He really has changed since he first bedded drunken Sarah on the day they met. I am sure we are meant to be worried he will become a hitman again but all signs point to no. I think he will tell the target (Harris?) and they will work out a fake out to fool Clyde. No way does Xander refuse sex yet become a killer in the same week. I liked how Scottish poetry got Sarah going, she couldn't even let him get to the good part of the poem

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So what was BenAlex's reason for seeing a shrink? To discuss his love life? This is why Marlena is working into her nineties?

I feel nothing for his fake relationship. Neither he or Gweneresa have sold this to me as a real thing. She is still a distracting cosplay to me. Pity as with the real Theresa the coming revelation would really have hit.

Rafe is an affable dope these days isn't he? Do we really think Everett is going to come clean? 

Xander turned down wine infused sex. He really has changed since he first bedded drunken Sarah on the day they met. I am sure we are meant to be worried he will become a hitman again but all signs point to no. I think he will tell the target (Harris?) and they will work out a fake out to fool Clyde. No way does Xander refuse sex yet become a killer in the same week. I liked how Scottish poetry got Sarah going, she couldn't even let him get to the good part of the poem

I know this is strange to say but Rafe is one of the few characters right now I don't have an issue with. I'm sure that will change soon enough but he's far down the list of issues I have with this show.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I just Love Xander&Sarah together...they have such a romantic vibe ..Xander could recite poetry to me any day :) Paul & Lynsey work so well together.  Rafe & Jada are growing on me, Rafe was cute trying to fit in with the 'girl talk".   

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 1/27/2024 at 8:23 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I just Love Xander&Sarah together...they have such a romantic vibe ..Xander could recite poetry to me any day :) Paul & Lynsey work so well together.  Rafe & Jada are growing on me, Rafe was cute trying to fit in with the 'girl talk".   

I love that Sarah could not even let him finish the poem before lunging at him. Totally got that 

Today's show. Awful. Cringed throughout. Why is the show continuing to push these two actors who are so miscast in these roles? I was no Ben fan but RSW was tolerable then, and EOB was very good as Gwen. And now we are supposed to believe they are 'in love'? I don't believe it for a minute, and we needed Kayla and Marlena to tell us that they were because it is not in anyway shown on screen. Contrast that with Xander and Sarah who you absolutely know are in love but fighting it, we don't need anybody to tell us how either of them feel because the actors show it in every scene.

Finally, a pairing where Stephanie does not put me to sleep, that is all due to BB though who is really good. She still sucks. I don't know if I believe him. Part of me does but then again he totally recognized Jada.

Lucas' 'safe house' is over his Mom's pub? Wow...

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Jayda and Stephanie are such good friends that they don’t know either exs names or what they look like ? 
   I love Sarah and Zander. More of that please.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Jayda and Stephanie are such good friends that they don’t know either exs names or what they look like ? 
   I love Sarah and Zander. More of that please.  

They know him by different names though, Jada knows him as Bobby.

I hate that we see Sarah and Xander maybe once a week if we are lucky but we are forcefed what feels like hours of Wendy/Tripp, Everett/Steph and Theresa/Alex

• Like 6

Hello again everyone!   My comments about the past couple of episodes is "Sheesh...what is with all these cringey couples:!   Ava reading vivid romance novels & then getting drunk with Stephan & dancing & singing!  Theresa singing "Row Row Your Boat"!  Theresa not sure of Brady or Alex!  Cringey "Sexy" scene with Stephanie & Everett...I dont see any chemistry there.  Sloan discovering that she does Not like being a REAL Mom!  That darn baby interrupting sexy times with the always dopey Eric!   Constantine being annoying at dinner at Xander's place, good for Maggie for telling him to leave!   I'm sure I've forgotten many other "Important" scenes :)

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Hello again everyone!   My comments about the past couple of episodes is "Sheesh...what is with all these cringey couples:!   Ava reading vivid romance novels & then getting drunk with Stephan & dancing & singing!  Theresa singing "Row Row Your Boat"!  Theresa not sure of Brady or Alex!  Cringey "Sexy" scene with Stephanie & Everett...I dont see any chemistry there.  Sloan discovering that she does Not like being a REAL Mom!  That darn baby interrupting sexy times with the always dopey Eric!   Constantine being annoying at dinner at Xander's place, good for Maggie for telling him to leave!   I'm sure I've forgotten many other "Important" scenes :)

I missed you guys more than the actual show tbh. I had things I wanted to post but now I completely forgot them go figure.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I missed you all! The show has been a chore. I get we are treading water until Ron's return but sheesh

I feel like all we get are the characters nobody wants. Benalex, Gweneresa, Tripp/Wendy, and today Abe chuckling through coitus.  God.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I did enjoy Wendi not being scared of Ava.   I don’t how long ago that was. 
stephan and Ava don’t seem right.   
I like Everett more than most here. Not sure though I might just like the actor.  Time will tell. 
Chad and Stephanie sure got over each other quickly.  

That’s all I remember from the show.  Not a good sign.   

• Like 5

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been watching this for decades and that I am not young anymore but I absolutely abhor the “romantic” 🤢 scenes.  everything from the loud smacking wet kissing to the copulating in bed.  I just don’t see the need for it. I mean are there any younger people watching the show that really enjoy watching the so-called romance and sex? I’d much rather see some family/ personal drama like it used to be in the “old days”. I’m actually more interested in the Pawn storyline and whatever Steve is hiding. I miss the old days/Days.   I fast-forward through so much of this now it’s sad.  

• Like 8
  • Love 2

FRIENDS!!!!!

*big hug*

Missed you all. Only caught Friday's episode so not too much to say.

I actually enjoyed the flirty chemistry of Ava and Stefan, so you can imagine how  badly I needed to talk to someone about it...😅🤢 Really, even if she's finally clicking with certain costars, I need her gone. Like yesterday. Ava is awful. I hate her being a permanent fixture.

Stefan, even with a fun 70s 'stache, is also irredeemable.

2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been watching this for decades and that I am not young anymore but I absolutely abhor the “romantic” 🤢 scenes.  everything from the loud smacking wet kissing to the copulating in bed.  I just don’t see the need for it. I mean are there any younger people watching the show that really enjoy watching the so-called romance and sex? I’d much rather see some family/ personal drama like it used to be in the “old days”. I’m actually more interested in the Pawn storyline and whatever Steve is hiding. I miss the old days/Days.   I fast-forward through so much of this now it’s sad.  

I've always sort of been uncomfortable with the softcore aspects of the genre, but sometimes it is kinda hot or at least earned. I do think it wouid be wrong to give up on those scenes entirely...but they do need to be better staged...between characters we are actually rooting for.

Emily has had zero chemistry with all her male costars.....right? Am I wrong?

I am liking the slice of daily life aspect of some of the Jarlena scenes lately.

• Like 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I missed you all! The show has been a chore. I get we are treading water until Ron's return but sheesh

I feel like all we get are the characters nobody wants. Benalex, Gweneresa, Tripp/Wendy, and today Abe chuckling through coitus.  God.

All of you folks and your wonderful posts are a huge part of why I still watch.  That fact was driven home by our week of enforced abstinence from posting here.  I'm SO GLAD we're back up and running.

Yesterday was grim viewing for me.  Abe and Paulina were hard to watch, mainly, for me anyway, because of her.  Show is selling her harder than Billy Mayes and a new Ronco product.

While I was a big fan of Blake Berris when he played Nick, I can't STAND him playing Everett.  The acting tics I liked when he played Nick now just annoy the hell out of me.  The constant repeating, the pursed lips, the "aw shucks" body language with Stephanie.  I don't dislike the Stephanie character as much as many, mainly because I like the actress but this IMO is another clunker of a storyline for her.  

Then we had Ava and Stefan O!  Make it stop.  And NEVER let him take his shirt or pants off ever again.  It's not a lack of chemistry, it's more like anti-chemistry with those two.

Revisiting the Pawn storyline, after all these years?  Not for me, especially since it means even more of Konstantin, the man Maggie so inexplicably likes.  This storyline makes her look more gullible than loving.

Yesterday was mostly ff'd for me.

BUT, at least posting with all of you is back and that's the best!

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Love 7

Wow. So Alex offers Kristen, who tried to murder Victor, a job at Titan, but shuts out his widow who Victor loved and wanted to be part of his company. And Kristen still wants Brady back. Of course she does. Yuk. These two are up there on my list of my least favourite characters, and now they are sharing scenes. Yay

Clyde is so much smarter than the two idiots. They are morons for going and giving him info.

Goldman is clearly the bad cop. Way too much airtime and she took out a direct line to Clyde, probably on purpose

Paulina's surgery will be moved up to Valentine's day so Chanel and Johnny have to marry over her hospital bed, right?

Still hanging on for my occasional glimpses of Xander, who has discovered shirts since Chloe left.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I don't know any young folks watching soaps these days and if they do I think they were watching GH for Spencer/Trina.  However for Days? I don't see young people caring as much about soaps like they did in the past. Most of them were fans because they grew up watching the soap with their mom (I am an example of this). How many kids now can say the same?

I'm not opposed to love scenes but most of them are so empty and lacking chemistry. They used to be able to build up the sexual tension, have a slow burn etc. Instead it's rushed and they have given very little reason for the audience to care. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Paulina's surgery will be moved up to Valentine's day so Chanel and Johnny have to marry over her hospital bed, right?

Either that, or she will make Abe re-marry her, so he proves his commitment to her. And, they take Chanel and Johnny's wedding slot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
(edited)

I know it's wrong of me, but I would prefer Paulina die for real because the tease is getting annoying 😅

"Bakers don't get the day off!" says the girl who has never been seen baking on this show.

Doc looks good today in that blue. (And more her age physically! Is Deidre backing off the procedures?)

Why was Konstantin holding that card around John the other day? Is it a magic card that makes John back into the Pawn or something? 🙄 I think I missed a scene. So of course they don't give me a flashback. But Ava gets endless flashbacks, naturally.

Stephanie, don't hold the toast that your mother can easily pick up on her own. Ew! It was closer to her on the table anyway. Don't touch other people's food. Germs!

I have no idea who is living in the DiMansion at any given time. My best guess right now is...EJ, Johnny, Stefan, Harold (?)....and Kristen and Rachel? They back in there?

Harris' plaid coat looks...homosexual. I'm sorry 😄 I never say that but....it just does 🤣

Ok, plot twist: Harris is gay! Who does he hook up with? You choose!

I like Chanel and want to advise her to wait ten years before even considering remarrying Johnny. Just be together. Wait and see how it goes.

And not a mention of her sexuality? Cause that kinda complicated things last time. It'd be refreshing to see them set reasonable expectations. Open marriage maybe?

Anyone else find it hilarious (and so typical) that EJ is acting high and mighty about taking down Clyde's drug operation when he used to work with him? And somehow, he went from crime lord to DA too boot? 😄

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I know it's wrong of me, but I would prefer Paulina die for real because the tease is getting annoying 😅

Ok, plot twist: Harris is gay! Who does he hook up with? You choose!

And not a mention of her sexuality? Cause that kinda complicated things last time. It'd be refreshing to see them set reasonable expectations.

I'll sit with you in the "Oh poor Paulina, such a shame you passed" table.  But we won't get that pleasure.  But at least she'll be quiet when she's anesthetized - we can hope.

If Harris were gay, I'd want him to hook up with Leo.  Because I despise him just that much.

You may have missed a scene from yesterday's show where Johnny and Chanel did talk about her sexuality and her attraction to Allie and how that would play out going forward.  It was a good, honest, discussion, I thought and Chanel was pretty convincing that, as she said, she was ready to "commit to one person" and that person was Johnny.  

I must have blocked it, because I didn't remember Alex interacting with Kristen ever before.  Can anyone enlighten me?  They acted like they knew each other well in yesterday's scenes but for the life of me I can't remember those two as even acquaintances before.

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why was Konstantin holding that card around John the other day? Is it a magic card that makes John back into the Pawn or something? 🙄 I think I missed a scene.

That card (have no idea what it's supposed to be) put John into a hypnotic state. So stupid.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

That card (have no idea what it's supposed to be) put John into a hypnotic state. So stupid.

It has a pagoda on it. Those were  used to trigger the pawn in 1988. But the programming was removed by Marlena so it should no longer work

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

When was it removed? Recently, or so long ago the writers figure we don't remember?

And how did K go from not knowing John was the Pawn to cornering and carding him?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

And how did K go from not knowing John was the Pawn to cornering and carding him?

He did this because the writers can't be bothered to even attempt to make this stupid plot cohesive.  Yup, somehow, K not only knows the Pawn was triggered by a card, but magically, has the EXACT card necessary to do it.  FINE, FINE writing.  How many more scenes do you think we'll have to endure of John staring into space while speaking robotically?  

I know it's a soap and EVERYBODY must have some "romantic" name, but just once, I want someone to want revenge for the death of a Beulah or Dwight.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I know it's a soap and EVERYBODY must have some "romantic" name, but just once, I want someone to want revenge for the death of a Beulah or Dwight.

If only!

I predict, like pretty much everyone else who is watching Show, that Konstantin will, in order to avenge whatshername from his distant past, order Jawn da Pawn to kill RoboMar, but his great love for her will break the power of the Pawn.
Or, her batteries will run out right before he does the deed and he'll take out the toaster instead.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

But the programming was removed by Marlena so it should no longer work

Well sure if you believe Marlena is a good psychiatrist. Which I don’t.

3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

How many more scenes do you think we'll have to endure of John staring into space while speaking robotically?  

Well it has been like that for the past few decades. What’s another a few more?

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

When was it removed? Recently, or so long ago the writers figure we don't remember?

I want to say about twenty years ago? Definitely a while. Maybe it had an expiry date and Marlena should have hit the refresh button

Kon say John's eyes when Steve was beating him down in late December. He intoned some crap to himself about 'could it be... after all this time... those eyes..." 

• Like 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Kon say John's eyes when Steve was beating him down in late December. He intoned some crap to himself about 'could it be... after all this time... those eyes..." 

Yes, I think I saw that bit (I'm a more sporadic viewer now, for the sake of my health) but then, I thought Kon was still going around asking about the Pawn in January...

I assumed there was a definitive "A-ha! YOU'RE the Pawn!" scene I missed.

7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yup, somehow, K not only knows the Pawn was triggered by a card, but magically, has the EXACT card necessary to do it.  FINE, FINE writing. 

...how many characters knew about or had access to the first Magic Card back in the day? Did the original card get destroyed? Or is this a novelty item they sell in a deck at a shop in the square?

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well it has been like that for the past few decades. What’s another a few more?

Yeah pretty much.

...so we all use the logic of "this crappy rehash storyline won't last as long as it did the first time - I'll live" as a coping mechanism! 😅

I love you guys.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 2/7/2024 at 2:30 PM, boes said:

I must have blocked it, because I didn't remember Alex interacting with Kristen ever before.  Can anyone enlighten me?  They acted like they knew each other well in yesterday's scenes but for the life of me I can't remember those two as even acquaintances before.

I definitely don't recall them ever sharing screen time. However, Kristen seemed to be heavily flirting with him. The sexual tension was definitely there. 

• Like 5

Barf?

John was amazingly adept at saying nothing today. This plotline has worn out it's welcome and we're only in Act One. WTF was with the chest pains? When he said Katarina, I assumed that meant Kate. Pick better names Show.

Brady and Theresa were fine....nice to hear him say he was "tricked" into fatherhood by Kristen (the word is "raped" but points for trying). I can't cosign Theresa saying she feels like she "ruins everything". She would never say that and it isn't even true so just....shut up Show. Unless her character arc involves her planting new evidence to tip off Xander to his parentage, she's just over. 

....why is Tate needing permission slips to go on outings? Isn't he in juvie?

With Ari Zucker's lawsuit now revealing so much about the last few months, should we assume that when she was first let go for approaching Corday about the abuses, they retaliated by promptly writing Nicole out, and Holly as well with this overdose storyline rather than leave her parentless....and then also wrote out Tate by extension, since his plot was linked to Holly more than anyone? And then, after Ari's lawyer helped her keep her job, she returned, and the kids were brought back as well?

Is that what all this herky jerky storytelling is really about? Or did they just not like the actors playing Tate and Holly? Or were they "resting" them for 8 weeks or whatever to rotate back in other actors with episode guarantees to fulfill....and they chose to address their absence with this melodramatic drug OD idea?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

how many characters knew about or had access to the first Magic Card back in the day? Did the original card get destroyed? Or is this a novelty item they sell in a deck at a shop in the square?

I think even David Copperfield would laugh his ass off at that "magic" card. 

• LOL 6

“I know it's wrong of me, but I would prefer Paulina die for real because the tease is getting annoying”

i’m glad you said it. I didn’t really want to say it myself but I agree. Mostly because of the fact that it would get Jackee  off this show she is so distracting and annoying.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

The shooter of Harris had white stripes on his pants, Xander did not, so it is not him. They made such a point of Xander having a specific jogging 'uniform' that if anybody wanted to frame him they could dress somebody with a similar build in the same outfit. 

I mean, he was up to something odd, but probably something relatively benign, he was too relaxed with Sarah early in the episode to be going to do something awful that would tank their relationship.

He is also neither of the masked men at the pub or at the Horton place.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Today's ending had me saying "WHAAAAT?!"....Yikes!  Are they destroying the set for the Horton family home?  Is Xander being set up?  The person who shot Harris had a similar running outfit on but it wasnt Xander.  I LOVED Julie telling the kids about the history of the Horton family home...it was a sweet & tender scene.  There were a lot of themes of family in today's show.  Of course, I Loved the Sarah/Xander scenes...Xander was having trouble resisting Sarah, but what the heck is he up to?!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Today's ending had me saying "WHAAAAT?!"....Yikes!  Are they destroying the set for the Horton family home?  Is Xander being set up?  The person who shot Harris had a similar running outfit on but it wasnt Xander.  I LOVED Julie telling the kids about the history of the Horton family home...it was a sweet & tender scene.  There were a lot of themes of family in today's show.  Of course, I Loved the Sarah/Xander scenes...Xander was having trouble resisting Sarah, but what the heck is he up to?!

I am pretty sure it is Everett. He could have been behind the initial phone call and set up a subsequent one to Xander. Xander was going to meet in person to tell the person thanks but no thanks. Clyde would not bother disguising his voice, he would just threaten to kill Victoria as himself and Xander would know he would do it. 

If Everett is running the drug empire (as Bobby), he would want to take out Lucas (the informant), Harris (the head officer) and Chad/Xander (the Spectator owners). He knows where Lucas is, he knows the layout of the Horton house, and I imagine he is observant enough to know Xander's jogging uniform.  Also Harris knew the shooter and he has never met Xander.

The shooter was left handed. Is Everett?

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

I can’t believe they are touching the Horton family home. the set we have watched since the 60s. It’s hateful.
They had a pretty good close-up of the arsonists face even with the mask on you could really see his eyes and mouth but I couldn’t place it. it definitely wasn’t Xander and I wouldn’t in a million years expect it to be. Maybe it was Everett? Now  Xander is going to be blamed for one or both of these crimes done today. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/26/2024 at 12:42 PM, boes said:

It's set up that way so the Oompah Loompahs who do all the real work have some privacy behind the screens.

There's got to be a whole crew of them to comb out Everett's beard, at the very least.

Willy Wonka Singing GIF

The Spectator is lucky to have them.

Oh boes, I've missed you so

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I was thinking that Everetts beard would show around the mouth opening of the mask at the Horton house. I was looking closely, no hair showing.  I also noted the masked guy had blue eyes. Not sure if any of it means who they choose to be the bad guy, but I would hope those things would be relevant.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

They made such a point of Xander having a specific jogging 'uniform' that if anybody wanted to frame him they could dress somebody with a similar build in the same outfit. 

The person absolutely did not have the same build as Xander - much skinnier.  I REALLY hope we don't have to listen to Sarah make a bunch of accusations while pulling her wounded bird act. 

Maybe the person on Konstantin?   Right build, and it's possible it will come out that he had other motives besides conning Maggie.  The only question is, has he ever met Harris?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't believe that the person who shot Harris is guy. The stance of that person appeared to be that of a woman. My best guess would be that it's the bad lady cop (the new character who arrested Tate).

Also, Harris knew the person who shot him, so that fits too.

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

It was no way Xander. 

I am disgusted by Clyde still living and the writers having him murder Abby then burn the Horton house with children asleep inside. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Phebemarie said:

What was the motive to burn down the Horton house?  Was Clyde trying to get back at Chad?  

I would agree that (sending a warning/message) was the motive.

I'm also wondering if producers decided to update the decor at the house. Years ago they decided to update the set for the DiMera mansion, albeit without a fire.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

I am disgusted by Clyde still living and the writers having him murder Abby then burn the Horton house with children asleep inside. 

Is this a spoiler or what? It hasn't been revealed who set the house on fire.

14 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I'm also wondering if producers decided to update the decor at the house. Years ago they decided to update the set for the DiMera mansion, albeit without a fire

They re-did the Kiriakis living room, too, though that set seemed to not last very long and they replaced it with the smaller, uglier room we keep seeing now.

It might be sacrilegious to say but I've never liked the Horton house set, so I wouldnt mind if they were renovating it. But I also know how iconic that set is to the show and the fans, so I'd be surprised if they actually did it. Didn't MarDevil set the room on fire a couple years back?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Is this a spoiler or what? It hasn't been revealed who set the house on fire.

Clyde might be controlling the person who sets the fire, but he did not actually do it himself, since he is in jail. So, we don't know yet who did it, but it looks like they are going to frame Xander for it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Well this was an exciting day in Salem! Feels like a long time since we've had a fire or shootings. Lots of danger.

The meta-ness of the Horton house getting burned down makes me wonder: was Ken wanting to comment on Ari's "betrayal" in some way? Was this a literal depiction of "you're burning it all down on the way out!" or just a random story idea of the interim regime during the strike?

There's something so deliberately unsettling about the way it was filmed too, with the "gasoline" getting thrown all over the set. Even if it's just water, wouldn't that leave marks?

I will say, the rape couch can go. I always think of poor Ciara (and Chase, whose character was butchered beyond repair) when I see it. They can buy another vintage one. I mean...was that the same couch they had back in Episode One of Days? If not, lose it. It never looked that comfortable anyway.

It warms my heart to see Kate and Lucas hugging. Their relationship has been off-camera for too long. Would be nice to see them having an arc again.

Is it wrong I hope both Harris and Paulina die? Harris isn't needed, his arc seems short-term anyhow, and having Ava go bad again feels like the natural evolution anyway.

I paused the video to see who was playing the Horton House Intruder and my best guess is Everett. There were some pouty lips going on under the mask. Maybe they just hired an extra to keep it mysterious.

I could have sworn Chanel said "get into bed and play with you like I used to when I was a kid" which made me do a double-take. 🤢 I rewound it to make sure I heard incorrectly, and I did. She said "lay".

Speaking of mumbled words, I honestly couldn't make out much of what Roman was saying. Old age and the southern (?) accent are working against him.

So nice to see Doug, though. The slow motion delivery be damned, it's just nice to see him. If there's one advantage to a long lead time, it's that he and Nicole will be around for a while still and that makes me happy.

What a weird, sad thing the way the timing has lined up. The lawsuit coinciding with the house fire. Eerie.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Today was a real nail biter of an episode.  I HATE the Horton house being burned up.  It makes for a gripping story at the moment but that sort of visual history is treasured by so many viewers, me included.  It could have used a paint job and some freshening up, but it stood as a steady reminder, a constant from the beginning right up to the present in a way nothing else on screen really did.  

Y&R, not all that long ago, tried to "reimagine" the Chancellor mansion set and the blow back was so immediate and fierce that the show backtracked and brought back the original set as best they could.  It still suffered, though.  I hope Show, in getting this storyline on air, remembers to do its best to retain what can so easily be lost.

It was wonderful to see Doug but I sure hope we get to see him in a happier scene later on.

All storylines seem to be a go right now, with the exception of Holly/Tate/etc.  I'm anxious to see what tomorrow brings and it's been a long time since I've felt that way.  

Besides, Paulina goes under anesthesia tomorrow so there is that blessed silence to celebrate, while it lasts!

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2