Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

On 12/23/2023 at 8:38 PM, Retired at last said:

I just dread the fact that they are referring to "Abigail" way too much these days. That is generally a precursor to that character returning. And, did anyone actually call her by her full name? Didn't most people just call her Abby?

Jack refers to her as Abigail. Julie  and Jennifer sometimes do as well. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I do not usually find Rafe & Jada too exciting, but I thought their scenes today were sweet & made them seem more connected...the Christmas Trivia game was cute.  And I enjoyed Melinda & Wendy's conversation...it was emotional for both of them.

• Like 6

These Marlena and Nicole scenes are deadly. Long and tedious.

But still better than Mayor Price lecturing Kayla about how her saving lives is inconvenient to her schedule. 

Highlights: Leo spending Sloan's money and hitting on Johnny. John glowering silently while Steve menaces Konstantin.

I've noticed the scenes I like are 2 minutes long and the boring ones last hours 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I don't get it... if Sheri Anderson is the one who's supposedly working as a scab writer during the strike, then why are Alex and Theresa still being written so horribly? Are we just not supposed to like them period? Or are there other factors at play? Not that I personally care for Alex anyway, but it still doesn't make sense. 

I really liked the Christmas Eve scene with Theresa, Brady and Tate the other day but too bad that can't be a regular occurence. And I'm almost certain that once Theresa's misdeeds inevitably come out, Brady and Tate will disown her forever and will have nothing to do with her ever again, especially Tate. He'll spend the next 10 to 15 years badmouthing her every chance he gets. 

And wow, they really are going with the cancer thing with Paulina. I wonder how long it's going to last. And I wonder if Paulina is really going to get killed off eventually. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I don't get it... if Sheri Anderson is the one who's supposedly working as a scab writer during the strike, then why are Alex and Theresa still being written so horribly? Are we just not supposed to like them period? Or are there other factors at play? Not that I personally care for Alex anyway, but it still doesn't make sense. 

I really liked the Christmas Eve scene with Theresa, Brady and Tate the other day but too bad that can't be a regular occurence. And I'm almost certain that once Theresa's misdeeds inevitably come out, Brady and Tate will disown her forever and will have nothing to do with her ever again, especially Tate. He'll spend the next 10 to 15 years badmouthing her every chance he gets. 

And wow, they really are going with the cancer thing with Paulina. I wonder how long it's going to last. And I wonder if Paulina is really going to get killed off eventually. 

They are writing Alex as an entitled asshole so that when he finds out Justin was his dad all along he has a huge fall. This started before the scab writers.

I actually quite like Theresa and Brady. She kinda works with him and is less of the Theresa cos play she is with Alex.

We can only hope Paulina will be silenced. I don't need her to die, just shhhh

• Like 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

They are writing Alex as an entitled asshole so that when he finds out Justin was his dad all along he has a huge fall. This started before the scab writers.

I actually quite like Theresa and Brady. She kinda works with him and is less of the Theresa cos play she is with Alex.

We can only hope Paulina will be silenced. I don't need her to die, just shhhh

I actually loved them together when Jen Lilley was still playing Theresa many years ago. But now? I can care less. Not only do they basically have no chemistry but also their relationship just seems so toxic and dysfunctional that I don't think anyone in their right mind would want them together at this point anyway. Plus it's pretty obvious that when Theresa's lie eventually comes out, (whenever that is because of the writer's strike), that Brady is just going to go back to screaming and yelling at her and calling her an irredeemable piece of shit who needs to die a horrible and brutal death anyway and it's just not enjoyable to watch.

I was actually willing to give Alex and Theresa a chance but of course they have to ruin them with this dumb will storyline. It just sucks that Theresa is never going to be completely free of Brady as a love interest and she's going to be stuck in his orbit forever. I kind of wish J.J. was still on so maybe they can give J.J. and Theresa a real chance as a couple. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Alex said he considers Justin to be his father so I doubt the fact that he actually is will be much of a problem.  I think the problem will be that  Xander will turn out to be Victor's son.   

• Like 5
10 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

This show hasn't actually killed off a regular cast character in years where they weren't magically brought back. (I'm not counting characters who died in real life.) Why do you think everyone believes Abby is going to be magically resurrected?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4

Why does this show INSIST on hammering home the point that adopted children are "real" children.  Nicole blathering on about how she was thinking about an abortion but couldn't do it because it might be Eric's and she "knows how much he always wanted to be a father."🙄 Idiot, he WAS a father and walked away from it.   Him, now saying he doesn't care about DNA and was happy to adopt is basically CRAP.  I was hoping this show was going to handle the inevitable Eric/Nicole get together with some modicum of sensitivity, but nope.  Not going to happen.  Since it isn't actually a baby am I a horrible person if I hope Towel gets lost in the washing machine?

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

Wow.  I did NOT know that Eric always wanted to be a father.  Did any of you suspect that??  It came as a TOTAL surprise!

It's not as if Show has had every character not only say so, and in a reverential tone, every single day of every single week for MONTHS.  Just imagine how tedious it would be if Show had been beating that drum over and over and over again.  Maybe I misheard, maybe he doesn't want to be a bother.  Too late, buddy, you're not a bother so much as a HUGE pain in the ass.  And, apparently, a father.  Isn't that special?

I know Marlena is a world-renowned psychiatrist but frankly, Nicole would have gotten better care from talking to a refrigerator.  Or a water heater.  She had less animation than either one.  It's so annoying when Show forgets to change the batteries in RoboMar.

I've got more to say but I really need to get working on my "Eric wants to be a Father" banner for the front of the house.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Why is the male extra behind Everett wearing an obvious black wig?

Good for Tate for refusing Holly's drugs. It's idiotic that she wants to take them. Is this supposed to be a depression storyline...? I don't get where it's coming from. Maybe she should be more upset for her mother.

...and why is Tate asking where Holly is when she just told him she's going to the bathroom and he saw her walk that way...!?

He was running around like the roadrunner in all those last scenes, as if Holly was teleporting to different places. Dude, the sets aren't that big.

Stef's poodle vest is ugly.

Gwenresa, both you and your dress are awful.

Leo, if I have to hear any more about your soulmate, I'm gonna knock you into next year.

Really thought Xander would have gotten the information by now and started the New Year on a new foot.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is the male extra behind Everett wearing an obvious black wig?

Leo, if I have to hear any more about your soulmate, I'm gonna knock you into next year.

Maybe, just maybe, the extra in the black wig is pretending to be Gabi pretending to be Abby, pretending to be Gabi, pretending to be another recast character played by someone already on contract?

Just because the Show is THAT good.   Good, I swear!

I hope that when Xander finds out the truth he makes Alex become his gardener.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
40 minutes ago, boes said:

I hope that when Xander finds out the truth he makes Alex become his gardener.

Oh I want this so much!! In the real world Alex would be broke post reveal as the estate would be clawing back any money he spent that was not legally his 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe, just maybe, the extra in the black wig is pretending to be Gabi pretending to be Abby, pretending to be Gabi, pretending to be another recast character played by someone already on contract?

oh my god. oh my god. oh my god.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I desperately needed a laugh today. Awful week. And you came through, boes so I thank you. Perfect timing!

19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Oh I want this so much!! In the real world Alex would be broke post reveal as the estate would be clawing back any money he spent that was not legally his 

I just hope he gets a beer gut. That would be the only appropriate punishment. Take his abs away!!!

• LOL 8

Gotta say, I might not love Holly as a character yet, but the actress playing her is actually really good. Same with Tate, whose character I am starting to enjoy. Their interactions have seemed very natural to me. When Tate said he didn't think Holly did drugs and she responded that she offered him weed on his first day in Salem, I lol'd. I mean, true, but also totally loved her line delivery there.

How far along did the scab writers get with the scripts? Thinking they're doing a pretty good job. Enjoying all the character interactions that we should be getting but have been lacking in general.

Also, LOVED seeing an actual NYE party with lots of extras instead of just 4 or 5 cast members and 1 or 2 extras rotating around the set continuously to try to make it look full. I feel like we haven't gotten a real party scene like this in forever, but maybe I'm forgetting something recently. I miss the days when there were always tons of extras in the background. Made the show feel so much more alive.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Also, LOVED seeing an actual NYE party with lots of extras instead of just 4 or 5 cast members and 1 or 2 extras rotating around the set continuously to try to make it look full. I feel like we haven't gotten a real party scene like this in forever, but maybe I'm forgetting something recently. I miss the days when there were always tons of extras in the background. Made the show feel so much more alive.

It really did. I especially miss those extras in the Pub, which looks like its going out of business now. Watch any clips from the 90s, and the place is hoppin'! Servers and patrons everywhere. Now, it's constantly vacant or mostly vacant.

Gabi and Stefan's wedding (where Harris was waving a gun around) was also at the "Club" where this NYE party is so I feel like that was the last big gathering we saw. There were extras there too, but boy did they look bored/unsure how to act given the OTT circumstances.

(I can't believe Harris has bounced back so fast as a character. I mean, he really hasn't, not in our eyes, but the show seems to think turning him into a cop overnight fixes everything so...)

Can I just say, I really don't enjoy this "Club" set. It's obviously a mishmash of walls from the DiMansion. I feel like Abigail set fire to Ben with those walls nearby (ahhh, good times).

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They have a couple extras that they reuse over and over and just put in varying (horrible) wigs to seem like different people. They've been doing that for awhile now.

Seriously? Ugh. I figured it would be easy enough to get new extras in LA, seeing as how it's overrun with actors desperate for work...but maybe they're less willing to do a soap now?

Yeah, that black wig will haunt me well into the New Year.

7 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

How far along did the scab writers get with the scripts?

With the strike lasting a good...three/four months was it? I think six months worth of scripts would be covered. But then, just because scripts are written, doesn't mean they'll be shot. Ron could have returned and immediately thrown out some of the work if he felt it didn't line up with his vision (though I somehow think they had enough of a sense of what he wanted to basically execute it during the strike).

The scab writers aren't doing as good a job as I was hoping really. There have been some good episodes (Jude stolen) and some not-so-good episodes as well. Mixed bag.

I did like Brady giving a toast to all the single people, though! Haha That dolt deserves his own company at this point. I feel like every year for the last decade, they've forced some woman into his arms at midnight just to make him seem like Mr Stud...remember Nicole kissing him in front of Nun Kristen? Just for the drama of it all? I don't think they even got together after that. It was just a stunt for New Year's.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but where are Rachel and Kristen right now? Unseen in the DiMansion? Out of town? I forget.

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but where are Rachel and Kristen right now? Unseen in the DiMansion? Out of town? I forget.

I expect Rachel is the next kid to get sorased so she can be a rival to Holly. Although they won't be in a triangle as Tate is her brother. Maybe they will bring Parker into town for Rachel.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 12/28/2023 at 3:39 PM, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I actually loved them together when Jen Lilley was still playing Theresa many years ago. But now? I can care less. Not only do they basically have no chemistry but also their relationship just seems so toxic and dysfunctional that I don't think anyone in their right mind would want them together at this point anyway. Plus it's pretty obvious that when Theresa's lie eventually comes out, (whenever that is because of the writer's strike), that Brady is just going to go back to screaming and yelling at her and calling her an irredeemable piece of shit who needs to die a horrible and brutal death anyway and it's just not enjoyable to watch.

I was actually willing to give Alex and Theresa a chance but of course they have to ruin them with this dumb will storyline. It just sucks that Theresa is never going to be completely free of Brady as a love interest and she's going to be stuck in his orbit forever. I kind of wish J.J. was still on so maybe they can give J.J. and Theresa a real chance as a couple. 

No thanks JJ was emasculated enough as is. I don’t want him to be her lapdog. It would be the low rent version of Lucas/Sami hard pass. 

Fortunately JJ is ignored by this show so this is very unlikely to happen. Plus EOB was his onscreen sibling so not sure it would entirely work either. I do think they should put Theresa with someone else though Alex or Chad would be fine 

11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It really did. I especially miss those extras in the Pub, which looks like its going out of business now. Watch any clips from the 90s, and the place is hoppin'! Servers and patrons everywhere. Now, it's constantly vacant or mostly vacant.

Gabi and Stefan's wedding (where Harris was waving a gun around) was also at the "Club" where this NYE party is so I feel like that was the last big gathering we saw. There were extras there too, but boy did they look bored/unsure how to act given the OTT circumstances.

(I can't believe Harris has bounced back so fast as a character. I mean, he really hasn't, not in our eyes, but the show seems to think turning him into a cop overnight fixes everything so...)

Can I just say, I really don't enjoy this "Club" set. It's obviously a mishmash of walls from the DiMansion. I feel like Abigail set fire to Ben with those walls nearby (ahhh, good times).

Seriously? Ugh. I figured it would be easy enough to get new extras in LA, seeing as how it's overrun with actors desperate for work...but maybe they're less willing to do a soap now?

Yeah, that black wig will haunt me well into the New Year.

With the strike lasting a good...three/four months was it? I think six months worth of scripts would be covered. But then, just because scripts are written, doesn't mean they'll be shot. Ron could have returned and immediately thrown out some of the work if he felt it didn't line up with his vision (though I somehow think they had enough of a sense of what he wanted to basically execute it during the strike).

The scab writers aren't doing as good a job as I was hoping really. There have been some good episodes (Jude stolen) and some not-so-good episodes as well. Mixed bag.

I did like Brady giving a toast to all the single people, though! Haha That dolt deserves his own company at this point. I feel like every year for the last decade, they've forced some woman into his arms at midnight just to make him seem like Mr Stud...remember Nicole kissing him in front of Nun Kristen? Just for the drama of it all? I don't think they even got together after that. It was just a stunt for New Year's.

I thought it was Chloe not Nicole? I rather Brady deal with family drama over Tate than his love life because this show sucks at relationships and he’s not stuck with his rapist and the spawn that shouldn’t exist. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 5
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's almost certainly a cost-cutting measure. Maybe a little to do with Covid, too. I also assume that was why they weren't doing scenes with more people until recently. Everyone is stupidly just pretending Covid is nothing now so I guess they dropped those rules.

So, just like Ron. And most writers lol.

• Like 5

Don’t forget that they had an executive producer who was rewriting storylines, firing script writers in order to hire people related to him and moving actors on and off of contract, as well as abusing and belittling them. We are currently seeing the tale end of that, where Ron is gone but AA had full control over story direction. He was fired August 3rd so we likely are coming to the end of that now, then we will see what Sheri really wants to write for a few months 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 12/31/2023 at 9:40 AM, brisbydog said:

then we will see what Sheri really wants to write for a few months 

I doubt Sheri got carte blanche to do whatever she wanted with the characters.

I wonder how painful it is for her to see what's been made of these people she spent so many years carefully crafting. Or to only be brought back in to fix things when its dire circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I don't think she was brought back to fix things. She's just a scab lol. I assume she doesn't have much desire to write anymore either because she's not likely to be asked back after she broke the picket line.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Considering the years she's put into the show, and how odd things can be BTS from what we've heard alone, I don't doubt Sherri looks at the situation with some disappointment. They've kept Ron over her, someone with years of experience with these characters, and the show is clearly suffering for it, but she's "just a scab" now. Ouch :( That's not ideal.

I don't know if she retired willingly from DAYS years ago or was phased out. Maybe she was done with it all and doesn't care much anymore. Maybe she was waiting for another turn at bat. But I'd guess for a creative person to pour years of their life into characters and storylines and see so much of it go sideways once others took over? That's gotta hurt. I hope for her sake that it doesn't, but something tells me it does.

...so I'm catching up on last week's episodes. It was an awful holiday so I wasn't really in the mood for bells and all that stuff, but there were some nice moments.

The Doug and Julie moments with the tree - and those glorious flashbacks! - were so appreciated. It did look like Doug was about to totally lose it at the end, though, and that was rough to see. I hope the crew applauded for them.

We've had some weird stuff happen during holiday episodes...but that kind of scene - with two vets cuddling up and just savoring the moment - is what drives home the magic of the season.

The tree is still a rather mobid thing, with all the names of the departed and all, but I like the general sentiment.

Nicole telling Holly she's right to be sad with Mommy having left her alone on her birthday, and Mommy having lost a baby, and then Mommy kidnapping a child...was not really comforting. Jesus, Show, you think just by listing that stuff it covers for the inexcusable fact that you left Holly totally alone on the bleakest Xmas/birthday of her life? So weird.

Can we take a poll: Is Suzanne wearing a wig permanently? It doesn't matter at all, she's lovely, but I'm still curious. I know she said she had her hair cut off during her medical event a few years ago and had to wear a wig afterwards...but that much hair, at her age, even with hairpieces and hairspray? I find it hard to believe. I feel like a wig is just easier. Right?

Melinda has gotten the weirdest arc lately but I rather enjoyed her and Wendy chatting. Melinda's missing her dead daughter, Wendy needs advice about following her parents or her heart...smart idea bringing them together.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 10
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Considering the years she's put into the show, and how odd things can be BTS from what we've heard alone, I don't doubt Sherri looks at the situation with some disappointment. They've kept Ron over her, someone with years of experience with these characters, and the show is clearly suffering for it, but she's "just a scab" now. Ouch :( That's not ideal.

I don't know if she retired willingly from DAYS years ago or was phased out. Maybe she was done with it all and doesn't care much anymore. Maybe she was waiting for another turn at bat. But I'd guess for a creative person to pour years of their life into characters and storylines and see so much of it go sideways once others took over? That's gotta hurt. I hope for her sake that it doesn't, but something tells me it does.

...so I'm catching up on last week's episodes. It was an awful holiday so I wasn't really in the mood for bells and all that stuff, but there were some nice moments.

The Doug and Julie moments with the tree - and those glorious flashbacks! - were so appreciated. It did look like Doug was about to totally lose it at the end, though, and that was rough to see. I hope the crew applauded for them.

We've had some weird stuff happen during holiday episodes...but that kind of scene - with two vets cuddling up and just savoring the moment - is what drives home the magic of the season.

The tree is still a rather mobid thing, with all the names of the departed and all, but I like the general sentiment.

Nicole telling Holly she's right to be sad with Mommy having left her alone on her birthday, and Mommy having lost a baby, and then Mommy kidnapping a child...was not really comforting. Jesus, Show, you think just by listing that stuff it covers for the inexcusable fact that you left Holly totally alone on the bleakest Xmas/birthday of her life? So weird.

Can we take a poll: Is Suzanne wearing a wig permanently? It doesn't matter at all, she's lovely, but I'm still curious. I know she said she had her hair cut off during her medical event a few years ago and had to wear a wig afterwards...but that much hair, at her age, even with hairpieces and hairspray? I find it hard to believe. I feel like a wig is just easier. Right?

Melinda has gotten the weirdest arc lately but I rather enjoyed her and Wendy chatting. Melinda's missing her dead daughter, Wendy needs advice about following her parents or her heart...smart idea bringing them together.

It is hard to believe a woman that age & one who has a health condition could have that much hair. I guess it’s possible but would be very rare. As someone who has lost a lot of volume since menopause I am constantly jealous of other women’s hair. Though I know the use of wigs & extensions is rampant in actresses.   Still.  
it does look like a wig. Sometimes you can see where her sideburns should be and it looks bald. 

• Like 5

This whole story line is beyond ridiculous, starting with Ava and Stefan thinking they were getting ahead of Clyde.  When did Clyde become a super-criminal with minions willing to do his bidding?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Phebemarie said:

This whole story line is beyond ridiculous, starting with Ava and Stefan thinking they were getting ahead of Clyde.  When did Clyde become a super-criminal with minions willing to do his bidding?  

Actually Clyde was a drug dealer so I don't find it that strange. I remember when JJ went undercover working for him.

• Like 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually Clyde was a drug dealer so I don't find it that strange. I remember when JJ went undercover working for him.

Yup. And Clyde was ruthless about loyalty and business. He even had EJ killed.

I don't buy that Ava the career criminal suddenly managing a restaurant is a believable cover, but I do believe Clyde could have most anyone killed.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
On 1/1/2024 at 7:36 PM, WendyCR72 said:

So, apparently Baby Victoria's Horton status is officially official since she got her own ornament.

Remind me who is Victoria Horton…?  Thanks 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Remind me who is Victoria Horton…?  Thanks 

Actually, Victoria Cook, as she is Sarah and Xander's daughter [with Sarah being a Horton!].

• Like 3

So Theresa left with Tate when he was a very small child and lived with him in California while Brady hooked up with half of Salem.  We've never heard of Theresa being an addict and Tate was never around for any relapses Brady had. But apparently, Tate saw them both when they were at their worst?  Am I missing something here?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So Theresa left with Tate when he was a very small child and lived with him in California while Brady hooked up with half of Salem.  We've never heard of Theresa being an addict and Tate was never around for any relapses Brady had. But apparently, Tate saw them both when they were at their worst?  Am I missing something here?

Theresa and Brady were addicts who used together. This was prior to Tate's birth 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Theresa and Brady were addicts who used together. This was prior to Tate's birth 

I sort of remember that, so now the retcon is that Tate was there?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed the episode, but did Tate reference seeing them at their worst? Cause yeah...he didn't. No way.

absolutely not they were clean by then

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed the episode, but did Tate reference seeing them at their worst? Cause yeah...he didn't. No way.

Theresa said it yesterday to EJ that that is the reason Tate doesn't do drugs.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Desperado said:

More Nicole heartbreak porn. I don’t have the stomach for this.

HFNY DOOL.

Same.  I just finished suffering through the Sasha torture porn on GH. I don’t need another round on this show. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

EJ is being vile. He knows his brother is the drug dealer and Clyde but trying to railroad and punish Tate is disgusting. 

I will be team Alex using Kiriakas power, his getting in EJs face was good.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Did the Wendy actress leave the show?

That is what I wanted to know too.  I like the young actress, she is good & when her character first was on the show she was a good young addition, Wendy was strong-minded and I liked her "tom boy" vibe and her inter-actions with her brother, then the writers turned her into a boring, simpering girl with Tripp.  I hope she returns as the character she was when we first saw her.

• Like 4
  • Love 3