Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Ugh, Eric is THE Most Annoying character!  He was So Judgemental, spiteful, mean & all-together a horrid person today.  Nicole is no Saint, but she did not deserve all the vitriol today. 

I only saw pieces of today's episode, but everything I saw from Eric was really disappointing. 

Obviously the writers are just pulling him and Nicole apart again for the millionth time, but do they really need to overdramatize it to this degree? I kind of liked Eric calling EJ "Mr. Wrong", but other than that he was so mean it took me right back to the days of Nicole shitting all over Eric because of "Daniel! Daniel! Daniel!" for months on end. 

There was no need to write them his bitterly. It really feels to me like they're just trying to break the characters up for good now. I mean, Sloane - a character we hardly know and aren't supposed to like that much - walked away smelling like roses by comparison.

Ericole fans get nothing :(

5 hours ago, worleybird said:

Did anybody else notice when Ava and 'Charlie' were in the mausoleum the date for Jake's death was 2022 not 2023. So I guess the time jump has synched back up with our time. They made sure they hid the final digit of Adrienne's death year whenever they showed her gravestone by having a leaf covering it.

Ha. Weak. 🙄

5 hours ago, worleybird said:

And of course, Jackee played Lily Mason a buddy of Cass' who along with Felicia Gallant and Wallingford were the Group of Four.

Ummm...I'm sorry...WHAT?

20 hours ago, RedElf said:

Cass Winthrop?  From Another World? Is Stephen Schnetzer going to make an appearance?

Someone mentioned Cass?!?! 😲 When? Where?

3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And good Sister Moira Margaret was a hoot!

I hate to sound like a broken record, but as usual, Eileen's take on the character was much more distinctive. She gave Sister Mary Moira a high-pitched voice that was very piercing and very staccato. This just felt like Stacey playing Susan as a nun.

And can we please tie her hands behind her back? I swear to God, she acts through her arms and it is driving me insane. Gesturing wildly does not a good performance make.

• Love 5

Nicole, given how mean Eric was to you today, why do you want more? Maybe after some significant counseling, he could be a more viable partner to you, and basically anyone. In the not too distant future, Jada will be glad she dodged a bullet with him. Maybe some distance from him will show him as a whiny, immature piece of work. If I was having a kid, it would be very unlikely that I would have an abortion because his current girlfriend or wannabe girlfriend mentioned it. That would be my decision to make - alone. Would she be out of line? Most likely.

Sloane, you really have a way with people.

Hi, Sister Mary Moira. Your poor nephew has to watch his tongue. And no, you do not walk into any room you want. It is up to Harold or one of the staff to appoint a room for you. And then go on about a woman guest. Not your house, not your business.

Stefan, the boss’s son can take the plane. Not your business as you don’t sign off on expenses unless someone made you the Chief Financial Officer.

Poor Johnny and Wendy. Guess Gabi has no friends.

How nice of Ava to drop by the house.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Ugh, Eric is THE Most Annoying character!  He was So Judgemental, spiteful, mean & all-together a horrid person today.  Nicole is no Saint, but she did not deserve all the vitriol today.  And why was he eating like a Neanderthal?  He was only in jail overnight & yet he was stuffing his face & gulping his coffee like he had not eaten in a month!   I am enjoying Wendy's scenes with different characters, her scenes with Gabi trying to convince her to be Maid of Honor were really good.  And good Sister Moira Margaret was a hoot!

He is being an asshole to  Nicole because he feels that she played a role in his baby getting aborted. I am disappointed in how Ron is writing Eric but Nicole put herself in his private business and she is getting what she deserved..  She was being jealous and spiteful when she inserted herself in Jada's business because she cannot give Eric a baby while Jada could..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Does Stefan not have a desk?

Uh, Stefan, Wendy's father is the CEO. Do you want to go there?

I've always thought that Eric was a whiner, but he's outdoing himself.

Sloan and Eric deserve each other.

It's obvious this show was taped in early summer, everybody has a nice glowy tan.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It looks like Ron C.'s vendetta against nuns just got another shot in the arm, with the arrival of the utterly awful and spiteful Aunt Sister.  In the few scenes this character has had in the last decade or so, she's been mostly played for laughs, but today she was just a mean harridan who had me wishing EJ would have kicked out of his house on her saintly behind.

When he wrote for OLTL, Ron C. used to love doing mean shit to nun characters and make them the butt of jokes and apparently, he hasn't outgrown that at all.  

Compared to Sister Mary Moira, Susan now seems like a well-crafted and subtle character.

Yuck.  I'm going to be on anyone's side, anyone at all, who takes this ridiculous character down a peg or 12.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, worleybird said:

Did anybody else notice when Ava and 'Charlie' were in the mausoleum the date for Jake's death was 2022 not 2023. So I guess the time jump has synched back up with our time. They made sure they hid the final digit of Adrienne's death year whenever they showed her gravestone by having a leaf covering it.

Yea, that was noted back when it was first shown. Sometimes, they mention things that suggest they remember the time jump and sometimes they seem to forget. Par for the course really lol. 

10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

He is being an asshole to  Nicole because he feels that she played a role in his baby getting aborted. I am disappointed in how Ron is writing Eric but Nicole put herself in his private business and she is getting what she deserved..  She was being jealous and spiteful when she inserted herself in Jada's business because she cannot give Eric a baby while Jada could..

Thank you. Nicole acting like she had no ill intentions with what she said is bullshit. Girl, please! She is insufferable right now.

• Love 6
On 12/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, worleybird said:

And of course, Jackee played Lily Mason a buddy of Cass' who along with Felicia Gallant and Wallingford were the Group of Four.

I couldn't find a clip online with Lily, Wally and Cass. There are only two clips of Lilly on YT and one of them was uploaded by Jackee herself. I loved Wally, Felicia and Cass when I was little when I'd see them while my Mom was watching AW. I was really young when Wally died onscreen and the actor in real life but I remember being sad. 

Edited by Jaded
19 hours ago, worleybird said:

On another Days board I frequent, someone mentioned that the person in charge of scripts and the person in charge of set designs are different people. They theorized that the script person is getting different information than the set design person since we get dialogue about the time jump but set design doesn't acknowledge it. Just one hypothesis.

I'm catching up on this week's episodes. For some reason I decided to go backward by starting with Friday and making my way to Monday.

I actually kinda like Sloan. She reminds me of a 80s Soap Opera villainess, and I could imagine her being a daughter or granddaughter of a Morgan Fairchild character. 

Wendy is quickly becoming my favorite 20 something character. The only drawback is that her introductory storyline makes no sense because I don't know why she cares about Stefan so much. I also don't really understand why she's keeping this secret. However, the performer is good and the other 20 something cast is quite underwhelming for me. I was actually one of the few of really liked Allie, but the show no longer knows what to do with her.

I really dislike Johnny and Alex. I'm not trying to be mean, but I just do not find the actor of plays Ben/Alex attractive. This wouldn't be a problem but for years the show is basically putting him in "look how sexy he is" situations. I also still think Alex just feels like a Miami Vice character.

Johnny is smarmy. He is sneaky, childish, inserts himself into matters that don't pertain to him, and is shockingly disloyal. This would be wonderful if the show used these now consistent traits to build a character, character arcs, and alliances and rivalries based on these character traits. However, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't feel sorry for Paulina and Chanel. I also feel like Abe is always being asked to resign from a position. I know people hate "social storylines," but I wish Chanel/Allie could have been given a storyline about Salem refusing to go to Sweet Bits because they are a same-sex, interracial relationship. It would at least be different and it's been several years since the Jack and MAGA storyline. 

I like whiny, petulant Eric.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I don't feel sorry for Paulina and Chanel. I also feel like Abe is always being asked to resign from a position. I know people hate "social storylines," but I wish Chanel/Allie could have been given a storyline about Salem refusing to go to Sweet Bits because they are a same-sex, interracial relationship. It would at least be different and it's been several years since the Jack and MAGA storyline. 

Salem already accepted Wilson, Paul/Sonny and even Paul/Will so the town not being accepting of Chanel/Allie would have made no sense.  If Ron wanted to do something new, he could have had Paulina objected to Chanel not dating anybody Black.. She only seems to date nonBlacks whether they are men or women.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Coming out from lurking…

I’m forgiving of the lack of sets leading to stupid living arrangements, but I’m curious how Sloan merited her own place. No history or ties to the canvas. She seems like one who should be relegated to the Salem Inn. 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Please explain the Cass Winthrop reference somebody.

Abe got a phone call from the President of the City Council demanding his resignation.  The councilman's name was Cass Winthrop.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Salem already accepted Wilson, Paul/Sonny and even Paul/Will so the town not being accepting of Chanel/Allie would have made no sense.  If Ron wanted to do something new, he could have had Paulina objected to Chanel not dating anybody Black.. She only seems to date nonBlacks whether they are men or women.. 

I respectfully disagree. Will's coming out storyline was in 2013. That's almost a decade ago. Not only has the real world changed drastically since then but so has Salem. While it is safer to be LGBTQ+ in places like San Francisco, Atlanta, NYC, LA, etc., it still has bigots and dangers. There's no reason to believe it can't be the same in Salem.

Two, the storyline allows Allie/Chanel drama and a reason to bond while focusing on both of them equally. Right now, the storyline is firmly about Chanel, Sloan and Paulina. Allie is a supporting character.

Three, there's no reason to villainize any established character. I don't trust Ron to write a story about Paulina not wanting to date a nonBlack person. I doubt Ron would want to write such a story as a White man and the potential blowback he could receive. I also don't think such a storyline would be good optics as it would devolve into White people informing Paulina of her bigotry and having to teach her how to be a better person. No thanks.

Lastly, Will's coming out story allowed for a changing of dynamics of relationships on canvas. The Marlena/Will relationship truly flourished during this time, and we still reap the benefits of that relationship. Allie and Chanel being targeted allows for both to be comforted and consoled. Imagine Johnny coming to the apartment to help his sister just as much as his ex-wife. Imagine a Marlena/Allie relationship. Allie/Belle. Allie/Sonny, etc. 

For me, the current storyline fails for several reasons. One, we know it's going to be some accident that Chanel is not responsible for. That isn't a spoiler, but we know. Two, I actually don't think Sloan is the villain the show wants us to believe she is based on what she knows and believes at this time. Three, the focus is on Chanel, Sloan and Paulina which leaves Allie as a supporting character and Abe as the straight man to Paulina's hijinks. Five, so far, it's not giving us anything new in the Allie/Chanel dynamic.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

One, we know it's going to be some accident that Chanel is not responsible for. That isn't a spoiler, but we know.

We already know it was an accident. Chanel told the entire story. Although, I suppose it could come out later that she was lying and she totally murdered Sloane's mom. I mean, I wouldn't put it past Ron lol.

• Love 4

This show needs to decide whether they want Ericole together or not. Its a disservice to both characters having them go on this tedious merry go round. I rather they be with other people personally as they are better characters away from each other romantically.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Today's show was rather gruesome.  The lighting and that monotone grey interior made the Horton House look like the Munsters had decorated for Christmas.  Turn on some lights and for god's sakes, give the place a paint job and some color.

The pub was dark and dingy, as was Kayla and Steve's place.  Even worse was OllieBenAlex taking his shirt off.

Worst is that roach motel room where Xander and Sarah are staying.  Only the Kiriakis set resembled a place actual people might choose to live.

I can't with Bonnie and I guess I never will.  Ditching Adrienne and replacing her with this low rent version of an escapee from Momma's Family just doesn't work for me.  I can't believe that in a million years that either Justin would marry her or Maggie and Sarah would take her out to cheer her up.

I wish Show would cheer me up and send her on a one way trip to visit Mimi.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Sloan ambulance chasing to get Eric as a client, and Justin ambulance chasing to get Xander to sue "Rednax",

I wonder what that high rise outside of Stephanie's window is, in small town Salem.

Are those take out menus on Stephanie's refrigerator?

I wonder if the Salem Inn has a cafe, with that Horton Square cafe right outside its doors.

• Love 3

I did enjoy the clown mask scenes. I do agree with the show being dark today.

Guess the jig is up, Xander.  Bonnie did remember your catchphrase. Did not think that Maggie, Sarah, and Bonnie would have a night out. Gwen needs to do a fake contact?

Stephanie is all of a sudden into Alex Kiriakis? Chad, it is too soon for you to move on. If Stephanie is for you, you two will get together.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Why do they force Gwen so much? Seems like this entire story of Xander the clown is just for Gwen. Not for Xander or his own character. 

Because she clearly doesn't work, and Ron NEVER gives up on his pets.

He pulled the same shit over at GH when his creation, Sabrina, was pitted against Robin for the affections of Robin's own husband.

Like Robin or hate her, SHE was the legacy character on GH, just as Sarah is here on Days as she is a Horton, pushed aside for Grotesque Gwen.

But as I said before, just give Xander to Gwen, since Ron wants it so much. Bring on someone new for Sarah.

• Love 4

I hope Bonnie realizing it's Xander begins the end of this because it doesn't need to be dragged out any longer.

I do not look forward to the scenes of Sarah finding out Xander lied. She will be insufferable. I'll just fast forward it though so I guess I shouldn't complain lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Did not think that Maggie, Sarah, and Bonnie would have a night out.

It's especially jarring when you remember how Bonnie schemed to snatch Mickey away from Maggie.

Ron is terrible at "redeeming" bad people. There's some brief lip service given to their crimes and then it's quickly over to declaring them loveable and changed. See Bonnie, Ben, Leo, Gwen...

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Grotesque Gwen.

I like it. Can I shorten it to Gross Gwen?

14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why do they force Gwen so much? Seems like this entire story of Xander the clown is just for Gwen. Not for Xander or his own character. 

Plot-driven writing instead of character-driven writing. Also:

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron NEVER gives up on his pets.

Can DOOL please give up on Ron?

22 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Lastly, Will's coming out story allowed for a changing of dynamics of relationships on canvas. The Marlena/Will relationship truly flourished during this time, and we still reap the benefits of that relationship.

God, I wish that were true but.....no, we don't. They rarely speak or share scenes. Ben became Marlena's #1 confidante these last few years. I wish we still had the Willena relationship to enjoy but it's long gone, along with Carlena and Samlena.

Marlena has no nice relationships outside of John. I guess we're supposed to think she does, but there's no evidence of any. We're lucky to see an occasional chat between her and Kayla these days.

• Love 3
On 12/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, Irlandesa said:

Stephen did an interview recently and talked about DOOL.  The whole interview is great but here's  where he mentioned being asked to possibly screen test for a short term role (3-6 months).  He has never been approached about reprising Cass (who is likely P&G owned) or his old DOOL character.
https://www.soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2022/0809-stephen-schnetzer-shares-memories-of-another-world-and-details-about-his-film-a-case-of-blue-interview.php

Happy to know Stephen doesn’t have to lower himself to screen tests. What is his line of work now? I miss Cass so much. And his French. Another World was my grandmother’s soap, then my mother’s soap, then mine. My heart is still a bit broken by its demise.

As for DOOL, although I can’t stand Eric and Sloane separately, I like them together and appreciate the fact that their pairing will allow for more GV sex scenes.

And I’m fine with NewEjole.

Everything else… is giving me a headache.

9 minutes ago, luvgoldens said:

Why was Maggie slinging back Marqueritas at the pub with Bonnie and Sarah?  Wasn't she somebody's sponsor at AA at one point? Lucas?

I think they ordered “virgins” for her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

Happy to know Stephen doesn’t have to lower himself to screen tests. What is his line of work now? I miss Cass so much. And his French. Another World was my grandmother’s soap, then my mother’s soap, then mine. My heart is still a bit broken by its demise.

As for DOOL, although I can’t stand Eric and Sloane separately, I like them together and appreciate the fact that their pairing will allow for more GV sex scenes.

And I’m fine with NewEjole.

Everything else… is giving me a headache.

I think they ordered “virgins” for her.

SS still acts I think he was on The Wire a few years back.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Gwen sure likes to hit people over the head. 

I volunteer to let Sarah return the favor to Gwen's head. Sarah still owes Gwen some payback for what Gwen did to her, after all!

And if it kills Gwen, I'll chalk it up to a Christmas Miracle!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Xander’s plan will work - to a point. Someone gets clonked to save face, and so does he. Gwen, why are you doing this? Xander could probably get just a slap on the wrist for his part in Ava’s plan.

Chad, it is a bit early to move on from Abs. Steph may or may not be the woman for you. A fun fling, perhaps.

Don't know why Leo and Sonny are becoming friends.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Sloan is very comfortable with herself.   
Looks like the writers are never going to put Nicole and Eric together.  
Nicole and the sister were funny.  I missed a few episodes so I don’t even know if that is really a nun or crazy Kristin. 

• Love 2
On 12/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I hate to sound like a broken record, but as usual, Eileen's take on the character was much more distinctive. She gave Sister Mary Moira a high-pitched voice that was very piercing and very staccato. This just felt like Stacey playing Susan as a nun.

I'm no Stacey fan, but I felt like this was the one portrayal she's gotten mostly right so far. I think it's much more accurate than her depiction of Kristen or Susan.

• Love 1

I thought the Sister’s rosary would catch fire. Sister Mary Moira should be a bit more modern. And yes, she was out of line with her nephew EJ. Seemed like he also enjoyed the fun and games. It might be fun to play a rigid nun.

So Leo can put on a fake muscle suit and pass for the original clown? Xander owes Gwendolyn a lot.

I too enjoyed the Hulk moment when he broke free of the ropes. A pretty good save so far. Bonnie was so thrilled for her new hero.

Sarah, Justin and Rafe may be revisiting your suspicions about Ava hiring Xander.

Sloaney gets around. Nice to see Eric in his self-destructive phase, plus he gets to inform her about Salem history - the interesting kind. Maybe she will get to have his kiddo.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Leo can put on a fake muscle suit and pass for the original clown? Xander owes Gwendolyn a lot.

I'm just so bored with this whole plotline.  Apparently the ONLY thing Sarah can do right now is go around accusing Xander and letting everyone in town know she absolutely suspects Xander did it.  Doesn't she have a job or something, ANYTHING else, she can do?  

I did enjoy Nicole's scenes with the nun.  At least EJ appreciate her for the snarky, irreverent, actual self.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Sloan is very comfortable with herself.   
Looks like the writers are never going to put Nicole and Eric together.  
Nicole and the sister were funny.  I missed a few episodes so I don’t even know if that is really a nun or crazy Kristin. 

That’s one way of putting it!😄

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I feel bad for Sarah though. She is right. Her instincts are bang on and yet Gwen is messing with her head again

If I was her, I'd be way more concerned with the fact that my husband is messing with my head. I feel like this has to be the thing that breaks them up for good. Sarah, girl, just stop lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Nicole/Johnny - I thought the Nicole/Johnny scene was so odd. The two were inappropriately intimate with each other. I don't mean that sexually. I mean that I could never imagine Nicole sharing personal information about her breakup with Rafe with Johnny. Also, I can't imagine Johnny sharing information about Susan's death with Nicole. I can't remember if the two have shared scenes before these recent scenes/storyline, but these scenes felt unearned.

Additionally, the show returned to categorizing Johnny by Young Johnny instead of current Johnny. When Johnny was first introduced to canvas, people had to remind us of their interactions with Young Johnny. I commented on this at the time because no one did this with Allie. Granted, I don't remember Young Allie having major stories surrounding her. It was also weird for him to discuss he and Sydney without explaining why Sami despised Nicole as a result of Sydney or why EJ and Nicole had so many issues in their marriage, i.e., he loved Sami more and Nicole was a temporary replacement.

It would have made more sense if the show said Johnny built a relationship with Nicole - offscreen - because of her marriage to Eric. It's more recent, Ericole is one of the main storylines at the moment, and it was the justification for the Allie/Nicole relationship. Granted, I don't have the best memory, but I don't remember Nicole and Young Johnny sharing a lot of scenes. Young Johnny with EJ, Rafe, and Sami, sure. Young Johnny and Nicole, I just don't remember.

Kate/Jada/Steve - I still really like the Jada/Kate scenes and relationship even though they kinda came out of nowhere. Kate defending Jada to Nicole felt like classic Mama Kate defending Lucas and I think the actresses work much better than Kate/Chad which the show has been selling for a decade.

However, I think Jada/Steve is odd. One, I could have sworn we got dialogue from Jada about Stayla taking her to the hospital when she discovered she was pregnant. Apparently not since Steve had no idea Jada was pregnant or had an abortion. I also thought Steve/Jada felt somewhat too formal with each other. I thought when Jada was introduced as Marcus Hunter's daughter that the show was going to connect Jada to the Brady/Johnson portion of the show. That doesn't seem to be the plan. I'm not a Brady/Johnson fan, so I'm okay with that decision. However, it still seems like an odd decision to make.

• Love 3

I definitely remember Nicole and Young Johnny having a relationship. When Sami went into the witness protection program with Rafe, Nicole defaulted into being Johnny's mother figure. There was a stupid faux cliffhanger of newly-free Sami showing up at the DiMansion yelling "I've come for my baby," and meaning Johnny rather than Sydney, who was still thought to be Nicole's. (Nicole's answer: "Johnny's not a baby, he's a little boy! Learn to speak English!")

Then for round 2 of EJole, Nicole returned to EJ (even though she preferred Brady) in relevant part because EJ used proximity to BOTH Sydney and Johnny to bribe her. And when Nicole talked about losing children and/or wanting a baby of her own, she would periodically mention both of EJ's kids as well as Parker. Nicole and Johnny were always fond of each other. It wasn't as intense as Nicole/Sydney or as plot-pointy-featured as Abby/Johnny, but it was a thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

As expected, there aren’t any remains of Susan Banks. Given that this is Days, she should  show up very much alive at some point. Her husband is going to a Graceland pilgrimage instead of her memorial service.

I assumed that Johnny and Nicole spent some time together when he was younger. Whether the scene was earned or not, both came across well. Nice of Rafe to drop by the newly holiday decorated mansion. Harold and the elves must have decorated during the night.

Steve, you can’t prove EJ had Tripp kidnapped.

Sloane is starting to remind me of Alex K. Eric’s behavior is I suppose natural - to find someone else real fast so he doesn’t have to deal with actual pain. Jada would respect his choices but wonder if he would just move on from her within a day and look at his character as a dude. Especially as a former priest.

Funny how Nicole knows where Sloane lives.

Ava, what a nice little holiday bomb you have.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

However, I think Jada/Steve is odd. One, I could have sworn we got dialogue from Jada about Stayla taking her to the hospital when she discovered she was pregnant. Apparently not since Steve had no idea Jada was pregnant or had an abortion. I also thought Steve/Jada felt somewhat too formal with each other. I thought when Jada was introduced as Marcus Hunter's daughter that the show was going to connect Jada to the Brady/Johnson portion of the show. That doesn't seem to be the plan. I'm not a Brady/Johnson fan, so I'm okay with that decision. However, it still seems like an odd decision to make.

To be fair Steve was believed to be dead for many years and when he came back he was an amnesiac. We should have seen Jada hanging out with Steve and Kayla and it would have been a good way for Jada to cross paths with Eric.. Jada and Eric could have been a fun couple where they just enjoyed each other without expectations. Eric smiling and just being laidback could have been a breath of fresh air from his usual gloomy and broody self.

Perhaps we could have gotten a backstory that Jada had lost a baby and that ruined her past relationship. Jada getting pregnant by Eric would have had more depth and I wanted her to have her baby.. Her pregnancy and subsequent abortion was always a plot point to drive a wedge between Eric and Nicole.. Same old same old with a couple that was always mismatched in my humble opinion.. Nicole like Sami shines with a grey character while Eric would have been better with a classic heroine.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Nicole like Sami shines with a grey character while Eric would have been better with a classic heroine.. 

I'm not sure I agree as far as Eric goes. The show originally brought Sarah on for him - and the terminal dullness was off the charts. (Sarah being a more traditional heroine.)

I do think he also needs a gray character to offset his blandness, but he and Nicole are stale. Maybe Sloane will be the answer.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1