Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/5/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I think it is the center part. It just doesn’t look good on her. It’s too flat on top and her roots show. She looked better with the side part. 

I think you are right. It is flat on top, and then the curly part is farther down, giving it a shape that isn't flattering. Maybe a side part would give it a little more volume at the top, balancing it out some. 

• Love 2

Just because someone doesn't care for AOC doesn't mean that they "hate" women or women of color. She can be hard to like. There are plenty of other politicians who are unlikeable (McConnell, for example) but no one would say that disliking them means they "hate" men or old men or white men. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I think it is the center part. It just doesn’t look good on her. It’s too flat on top and her roots show. She looked better with the side part. 

and her natural color would look better too

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did Bill's name even come up at all?  (I mean wrt what he's been doing, how's his health, etc.)

I forget what i was watching the other day, i don't know if it was news or what, but they showed a photo of Bill sitting next to someone, again forgot who but also very famous.  Anyway he looked good, was smiling and laughing, still very trim.  No fast food diet there lol.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AusTvWatcher said:

I’m not a fan of the new opening titles at all. Massive downgrade to the last ones which were great having a mix of stills and then footage of the co hosts which was really classy and nice. These ones feel like they were done on the cheap. 
Also annoys me that it ends on The View in small text and doesn’t end with the logo. It should! 

I do like they have made the set and backdrop graphics a bit warmer now they are out of their silver anniversary (25) 

Blue seems to be the color of this season.  Even the coffee cups are blue.  I like it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I forget what i was watching the other day, i don't know if it was news or what, but they showed a photo of Bill sitting next to someone, again forgot who but also very famous.  Anyway he looked good, was smiling and laughing, still very trim.  No fast food diet there lol.

He was at a tennis game with Dr. Ruth. Sounds like a Jay Leno joke from the 90's.

• LOL 4
On 9/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, KittyQ said:

About the student loan forgiveness proposal: I think Alyssa made the most sense when she said that it doesn't address the problem of how expensive colleges and universities are even when they already have tons of money. They get away with charging exorbitant tuition.  Most helpful would be to have those issues addressed.

I think Sunny illustrated another issue (although I don't think she intended to) when she pointed out that when she wanted to study in Europe, she took out loans that she only finished paying off a few years ago. We don't know how much she borrowed, how much she put into her payments, and so on, which all affects how much debt and how long it takes to pay off, but if she finished her education when she was around 28-29 years old, it took about 23 years to pay off. The point that I think was implicit in this is that she didn't realize how much interest would accrue and how long it would take. It would help with future student loan pain if the lending company must be explicit about the terms of the loan, interest, penalties, etc. instead of having those details down in the weeds of the documentation. Make this all very clear UP FRONT and in bold letters so there's no misunderstanding later. Perhaps then people would think twice about getting these loans.

Alyssa wasn't wrong in her opinion on other things that might be helpful but implying that her party is going to support any of those was ridiculous.  She must know that they won't support any of it...some of those ideas have already been tried and can't get passed because of the R's.  A bit disingenuous I thought.  However, I did think she was more palatable than MM--she's a bit more upbeat, willing to engage in fluffy topics, etc.  Time will tell.

Also--the last half of todays show on the west coast was lost because of the announcement about the Queen.  Anything fun or interesting--and how did whoopie end the show early?

Edited by Rainyhawk
had another comment to add
  • Love 1

Today was the best show of the three so far. Interesting Hot Topics and the panelists didn’t fall into the same rhetoric.

Well, aside from Whoopi who was insistent AOC didn’t publicly thank the woman who came before her, despite AOC actually doing the exact thing on the View a few years prior. And once again doubling down on something even after Sunny told her she has done it.

• Love 3

Sorry, Sunny, it’s not up to King Charles to provide reparations to black and brown citizens. That would be Parliament.  And I’m with Joy, grow up wrt pearl clutching over Camilla. The family loves her. Your opinion is irrelevant. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Applause 3
  • Love 16

The segment about the Queen went just as I had suspected it would go, especially in regards to Sunny. I hate that they rarely bring up that both sides cheated in the marriage, plus the fact that Charles and Camilla have been married longer than he and Diana were. 

• Like 3
  • Love 11

Sunny seems to be the only person who still has it out for Camilla; it's as if she forgot that Charles was in that relationship, too. If Charles' children and the British public have moved on, why can't Sunny?

Crist's turnaround on most of his major positions is . . .  welcome but hard to trust, like Alyssa's ex-Trumper status. And I totally think she was talking about Kayleigh McEnany.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi will stubbornly insist she’s right regardless of whatever evidence proves she’s mistaken. 

This part was probably bumped by news of Queen Elizabeth yesterday, but based on past behavior, I agree with this. :-) 

Edited by KittyQ
Added some clarification.
30 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Sunny seems to be the only person who still has it out for Camilla; it's as if she forgot that Charles was in that relationship, too. If Charles' children and the British public have moved on, why can't Sunny?

I never blamed Camilla. I blamed Charles.  If he had been man enough to tell his father he didn't want to marry a woman he didn't love things would have turned out differently. I don't have high hopes for him as a monarch.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

If Manny had an affair she is totally the type to blame the other woman & not him, even if it was her own doing that drove him away.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

He was at a tennis game with Dr. Ruth. Sounds like a Jay Leno joke from the 90's.

Oh thats right.  One of Serena's last games

16 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Alyssa wasn't wrong in her opinion on other things that might be helpful but implying that her party is going to support any of those was ridiculous.  She must know that they won't support any of it...some of those ideas have already been tried and can't get passed because of the R's.  A bit disingenuous I thought.  However, I did think she was more palatable than MM--she's a bit more upbeat, willing to engage in fluffy topics, etc.  Time will tell.

Also--the last half of todays show on the west coast was lost because of the announcement about the Queen.  Anything fun or interesting--and how did whoopie end the show early?

About quarter to the hour she started with the spiel 'thanks for coming, take a little time....yada yada.  Then everyone jumped in with NO!!! Then she just went to the next hot topic haha.  She just lost her bearings for a mo

• LOL 2

Sunny and Ana were both awful today. Alyssa was awful yesterday. Whoopi was awful the first day back. Joy's "For God's sake" after Ana and Sunny finally shut up in that ghosting topic said it all. And Ana was utterly ridiculous during the interview. But I did laugh at Joy mocking DeSantis for not being able to handle "the likes of Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines" when they started, lmao.

I can only guess how bad Monday's going to be when you add Whoopi and subtract Joy. Love Sara, but she can't carry a show alone. With Sunny and Ana, half the time they're annoying af now, you can't bet on the show to be any good by them being there anymore because it can go either way with them these days. I don't full on hate them, but, jeez, they are becoming so tiresome...

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

Today I wanted to throttle Sunny. Can you please cool it with the ABW for ONE BLOODY DAY and show some respect and manners for the passing of a woman who was so globally beloved instead of your usual preachy, screechy tirades?!! You can be a crusading liberal every other day but today, show some class and dignity for a woman who was all that and much more.

People have affairs, Sunny, and that doesn't give them a one-way ticket to hell. She needs to apply some of that to herself and get off her damn soapbox. She's becoming tiresome.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, limestation said:

Today I wanted to throttle Sunny. Can you please cool it with the ABW

I know I'm going to regret this, but what in the world is ABW?

1 hour ago, limestation said:

People have affairs, Sunny, and that doesn't give them a one-way ticket to hell. She needs to apply some of that to herself and get off her damn soapbox. She's becoming tiresome.

Becoming?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Okay, I just...Sunny is nuts.  I used to really like her but the more she talks, the more it's apparent that she's absolutely nuts.  Going on about Camilla.  WTF?  That's just bizarre.  I mean, the way she was talking, she was fine with Charles having an affair as long as he stayed with Diana?  The hell?  I don't even know from what era that thinking would be from.  1950s?  1920s?  1880s?  And then she's going on and on about the evils of Great Britain but earlier this week she talked about how she took out massive student loans (that took her 20+ years to pay off) just so she could study there?  Again, WTF?  If I believed a country and its monarchy/government were rotten to the core, there's no way I'd vacation there, let alone take out loans to study there.  Also, I watch this show via its youtube channel and that particular segment was labelled, "Reflecting on Queen Elizabeth's 70 Year Reign", which is laughable because Joy said about two sentences about Queen Elizabeth before Sunny hijacked the entire thing.

I just feel like when Meghan was there, Sunny held a lot in but now that Meghan's gone?  Sunny's letting it all out and it's not pretty.  

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I mean, the way she was talking, she was fine with Charles having an affair as long as he stayed with Diana?  The hell?  I don't even know from what era that thinking would be from.  1950s?  1920s?  1880s?

Sunny has said she believes you stay married. Period.  A lot of us here thought that meant she wouldn't divorce Manny if he cheated.  Not sure he would still be breathing though.   And I would bet money the woman he cheated with Sunny would blame and punish.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, I just...Sunny is nuts.  I used to really like her but the more she talks, the more it's apparent that she's absolutely nuts.  Going on about Camilla.  WTF?  That's just bizarre.  I mean, the way she was talking, she was fine with Charles having an affair as long as he stayed with Diana?  The hell?  I don't even know from what era that thinking would be from.  1950s?  1920s?  1880s?  And then she's going on and on about the evils of Great Britain but earlier this week she talked about how she took out massive student loans (that took her 20+ years to pay off) just so she could study there?  Again, WTF?  If I believed a country and its monarchy/government were rotten to the core, there's no way I'd vacation there, let alone take out loans to study there.  Also, I watch this show via its youtube channel and that particular segment was labelled, "Reflecting on Queen Elizabeth's 70 Year Reign", which is laughable because Joy said about two sentences about Queen Elizabeth before Sunny hijacked the entire thing.

I just feel like when Meghan was there, Sunny held a lot in but now that Meghan's gone?  Sunny's letting it all out and it's not pretty.  

You're just now figuring out Sunny is nuts?  She told a story once about Manny hanging up on her so she went to his place, took his phones and threw them out on the street saying he lacked phone etiquette....and whoopi said that was crazy.  

I'm wondering if Sunny was ever cheated on..or if someone close to her was cheated on because she was off her rocker when talking about Camilla...and well she's also high and mighty.  She's the new Meghan and a perfect example of toxic femininity.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

You're just now figuring out Sunny is nuts?  She told a story once numerous times like she was proud of it about Manny hanging up on her so she went to his place, took his phones and threw them out on the street saying he lacked phone etiquette....and whoopi said that was crazy.  

Fixed that for you. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

She told a story once about Manny hanging up on her so she went to his place, took his phones and threw them out on the street saying he lacked phone etiquette

And she also threw away a cake that a female co-worker had given Manny for his birthday or something.

All this week's shows are on my DVR ready to view, but after reading about what Sunny said about the queen, I have a feeling I may just stop watching the show permanently.  I've come close in the past, but Joy always drew me back.  Now, I'm not sure even Joy can make up for having to listen to Sunny.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

Thank God it's not just me.   I appreciate Sunny's legal commentary, her intelligence (most  of the time) not to mention her gorgeous hair.  But I am over her rants.  She wasn't even coherent today.  I was drinking coffee while watching the show and literally was holding the mug halfway up to my mouth in shock while she was talking.  She added nothing to the conversation.  And Ana...I'm without words.  I've never seen her be like that.  You don't have to care about or like the Royal family.  But if you're paid to share your "view", then you'd better bring something worthwhile to the table.  There was an important kernel of truth somewhere in there, but it was completely washed over with the verbal garbage.  And while we're at it, as nothing more than a casual observer, do I like Camilla & Charles's history?  Not really, not prior to their marriage (or more specifically, not till after both Camilla & Charles were divorced from the previous spouses and were "free").  That's the Catholic in me.  And the organizer - finish one "project" before you start another.  But the only person who should really care (besides the now grown-up kids) died in a car crash...it's no one else's business besides her.  The fact that William & Harry appear to have a more-than-cordial relationship with Camilla now says a lot.  We can all learn, grow and forgive, Sunny...even royals!

On a shallower note...I am so jealous of Sara's toned arms!  Talk about guns of steel.  Mine are currently mashed-potatoey.  I'm usually in awe of Ana for her flawless hair & makeup, but due to today's craziness, I completely missed noticing if it was nice or not.

6 hours ago, Mldyold said:

If Sunny ever falls off that high horse she sits on in judgment she will break every bone in her body.  Good grief she has replaced MM and EH.

PREACH!!!!  Ouch.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 9/7/2022 at 2:06 PM, KittyQ said:

Does it seem to anyone else that some people are pretty casual about the use of the word "hate" nowadays when talking about those who have opposing viewpoint? Chelsea Clinton seemed very comfortable labeling people as bigots and haters. Perhaps it is because I tend to be contrarian, but if someone is telling me how awful I am because I don't agree with them on everything then I am unlikely to agree with them in the future on anything. I'd like it better if the overall tone was more "unifying".

On another topic, I found it interesting to hear Hillary talk about staying in her marriage (in the clip from her show). I'm sure it was hard to decide to stay, but I don't think that the public has to know in detail what factored into that decision. I suspect that like most of us, Hillary thought she would do one thing hypothetically, but when facing reality, realized that she either couldn't or didn't want to follow that path. Either choice would be humbling, so you might as well do what works best for you and your partner.

I wish to God that every time Hillary does an interview, the goddamn interviewer doesn't ask her about Bill's cheating.  This is constant humiliation of a person for what their partner did and has zero to do with anything.  I am still mad a Bill...so mad.  But he isn't my husband so it's not up to me.  Everyone remember when the former slimy inhabitant of the White House invited those women from Bill's past to one of the pre-election debates to sit in the audience?  So does Hillary have to carry that shit around forever?  I hate that Sunny brought it up and I'm glad Hillary/Chelsea didn't really answer her and pivoted to another topic.  There were lots of other clips that Sunny could have commented on.  Compassion much, Sunny?  (nothing to do with whether you like/agree with HC politically, I just think it was a cheap shot).  For the record, while I'm no fan of Melania, I also think it was shitty when paparazzi asked her about Slimy's past peccadilloes a few years back - as much as I loathe him, it's her business, not ours.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:42 PM, ForumLou said:

Blue seems to be the color of this season.  Even the coffee cups are blue.  I like it.

How are we liking the new chairs?  The ones they replaced because everyone (ok, maybe just Joy) kept falling off?  These new ones don't look super-comfortable either.  I guess they can't use regular chairs as everyone would appear all squashed down.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

She's the new Meghan and a perfect example of toxic femininity.

Yes, yes and undeniably, undisputedly YES!!!! Meghan was far more rude, obnoxious, mean and petty but after today, and her slagging off the Queen, I gotta tell you, she's getting there......FAST!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Sunny has said she believes you stay married. Period.  A lot of us here thought that meant she wouldn't divorce Manny if he cheated.  Not sure he would still be breathing though.   And I would bet money the woman he cheated with Sunny would blame and punish.

Sunny reminds me of a former coworker.  Her husband went online and starting dating another woman.  He and coworker divorced and he married the other woman.  Coworker continued to blame the woman 100% even though her (now ex) husband went online looking for another woman.  He gave her a huge divorce settlement to get out of that marriage. But it was never his fault, it was only the other woman.  

• Love 1

Part of this episode was bumped to show King Charles' speech, so I didn't see Sunny's comments live. Fortunately, (?) her comments got shown multiple places because they were so extreme. I think that for a person who lived for a time in England, Sunny didn't show much knowledge about the Commonwealth vs. colonies, calling Canada and Australia colonies, instead of Commonweath countries when trying to make her points. She also seems to think that the British monarchy has the same kind of power that it had "in the old days", when a king or queen was able to make political policy and order armies around. It's obviously been years since that was the case. It's also kind of strange how Sunny uncritically accepts Meghan Markle's version of what happened between Harry, her, and the rest of the RF. She has to know that every story has two sides, and we'll never hear the other side because the rest of the RF won't give those kind of interviews.  The whole thing sounded like a family issue, but H & M won't let it get handled privately in the family. 

There's absolutely no reason for Sunny to support the tweet that the CMU professor sent out. Sunny pronounced that there was "no lie" in the tweet, so that's ok. My guess is that you'd be hard pressed to find any empire or country that at some point didn't also do some "thieving, raping" and even some "genocide", even in Africa where the professor comes from. Wishing someone who is dying "excruciating pain" is really over the line. Queen Elizabeth wasn't Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, or Papa Doc Duvalier. Why should she have excruciating pain? 

TBH, I'd have more respect for Sunny (and even the professor) if they had said those things while the Queen was still alive, and not taking cheap shots when the woman was dying and after her death. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, limestation said:

Today I wanted to throttle Sunny. Can you please cool it with the ABW for ONE BLOODY DAY and show some respect and manners for the passing of a woman who was so globally beloved instead of your usual preachy, screechy tirades?!! You can be a crusading liberal every other day but today, show some class and dignity for a woman who was all that and much more.

Angry Black woman(ABW), really? Why does her race have to factor into your cheap shot against Sunny? Unbelievable!  Whenever a Black woman  has strong opinions like Sunny she gets that label.  

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

There's absolutely no reason for Sunny to support the tweet that the CMU professor sent out. Sunny pronounced that there was "no lie" in the tweet, so that's ok. My guess is that you'd be hard pressed to find any empire or country that at some point didn't also do some "thieving, raping" and even some "genocide", even in Africa where the professor comes from. Wishing someone who is dying "excruciating pain" is really over the line. Queen Elizabeth wasn't Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, or Papa Doc Duvalier. Why should she have excruciating pain? 

That is Sunny's viewpoint and she has the right to express it.  Nothing good came out of colonization and we should not whitewash history simply because it makes people uncomfortable.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'm wondering if Sunny was ever cheated on..or if someone close to her was cheated on because she was off her rocker when talking about Camilla...and well she's also high and mighty.  She's the new Meghan and a perfect example of toxic femininity.

Sunny  has her flaws like everybody but she will never be like Megan. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

You're just now figuring out Sunny is nuts?  She told a story once about Manny hanging up on her so she went to his place, took his phones and threw them out on the street saying he lacked phone etiquette....and whoopi said that was crazy.  

Does anyone know the reason that Sunny's parents divorced?  I am wondering if that is why she is so strict with her Catholic faith. Her parents are or were Catholic too, I would guess.  Can I tie this divorce to how Sunny reacts to cheating? 

• Useful 4
20 minutes ago, js9548 said:

Does anyone know the reason that Sunny's parents divorced?  I am wondering if that is why she is so strict with her Catholic faith. Her parents are or were Catholic too, I would guess.  Can I tie this divorce to how Sunny reacts to cheating? 

I read Sunny's book and her parents married very young. She didn't go into details why they divorced.   She more or less said they grew apart.

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

That is Sunny's viewpoint and she has the right to express it.  Nothing good came out of colonization and we should not whitewash history simply because it makes people uncomfortable.  

Yes, it is Sunny's viewpoint, and she does have the right to express it. However, since Sunny is a person who sometimes takes other people to task for the viewpoints that they express, she should be ready (and willing) to hear criticism. I don't know that "nothing good" ever came of colonization; maybe I'm naive, but I think that colonizers and colonized sometimes learn from each other and have benefits from it. I don't think that is universal, and it certainly isn't the main point of colonizing, but I think it happens. Where does whitewashing history come in? Has anyone denied that when the British expanded their empire that atrocities sometimes happened? My point was that tweets like the professor's zero in on a particular country/culture without acknowledging that it is not unique. If this professor has been tweeting critical comments about Queen Elizabeth and the British empire all along, then at least she would be consistent, if tacky and disrespectful at this time. If she waited to this moment when people are mourning and the target is dying/dead, then that is a low blow and contemptible.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
On 9/8/2022 at 4:03 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

She may have been conflicted, but her political aspirations outweighed any conflict or embarrassment, so she stayed. Not that difficult.

Or maybe she genuinely loved him and thought that they could get back to what they had before. Bill was a womanizer but it seems like they had a genuine marriage of equals.

In contrast, Charles never loved Diana, as she found out just before their wedding. And unlike Bill whose affairs were probably brief and had little meaning, Charles deeply loved and wanted Camilla all along. (I blame Charles. A lot. It's not easy living who has a borderline disorder but Diana deserved better. I have a hard time accepting Charles as King.)

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I don't think Sunny is nuts, I often agree with her strongly on many things, it's just sometimes she takes a nitpick and then sucks the whole topic down a whirlpool in her refusal to be disagreed with. That latter part is what gets annoying. She almost did it with the royals discussion when they were talking about the empire aspect of the monarchy, only to narrowly avoid it--and then she turned around and managed to do it anyway by zeroing in on Camila and the adultery instead, lol. I thought I agreed with Sunny more on the relationship topics than I think I do now if she really thinks you should stay married even if you're cheating on the side... I don't agree with that at all. I do think adultery is very wrong and cruel, but I put the blame on the husband. I think a person who can find a way to forgive adultery and stay is a very strong person; that said, if you want them just to stay married with you even though they're still cheating on the side, I don't get that.

With Ana, it's more the petty little comments in Hot Topics and the questions that take 50 minutes for her to get out during the interviews.

5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny was very explicit that the second half of the tweet was wrong, it was the first part of the tweet that she pointed out is true. I agreed with Sara that the second half of the tweet is so gross and reprehensible, but one person's grossness doesn't un-prove a point that is technically true. Still, I was with Joy that Elizabeth didn't have the kind of power people before her had that Sunny was insinuating even though the monarchy itself has that history, and that she was merely a figurehead in most ways.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Yes, it is Sunny's viewpoint, and she does have the right to express it. However, since Sunny is a person who sometimes takes other people to task for the viewpoints that they express, she should be ready (and willing) to hear criticism. I don't know that "nothing good" ever came of colonization; maybe I'm naive, but I think that colonizers and colonized sometimes learn from each other and have benefits from it. I don't think that is universal, and it certainly isn't the main point of colonizing, but I think it happens. Where does whitewashing history come in? Has anyone denied that when the British expanded their empire that atrocities sometimes happened? My point was that tweets like the professor's zero in on a particular country/culture without acknowledging that it is not unique. If this professor has been tweeting critical comments about Queen Elizabeth and the British empire all along, then at least she would be consistent, if tacky and disrespectful at this time. If she waited to this moment when people are mourning and the target is dying/dead, then that is a low blow and contemptible.

No good came of out colonization and atrocities did not sometime happened by chance. It happened all of the time and continued for centuries.. People had their resources stolen, they were raped, enslaved, impoverished oppressed dehumanized displaced, evangelized against their will for centuries.. 

Even after the British colonizers left, they put in puppet governments in their former colonies now called commonwealth that would continue their rule in absentia. These commonwealth territories have a permanent underclass that is usually of color that will provide cheap labor that the former mother country can exploit with abandon.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, OhSarah69 said:

Thank God it's not just me.   I appreciate Sunny's legal commentary, her intelligence (most  of the time) not to mention her gorgeous hair.  But I am over her rants. 

I'm not sure I even trust her legal commentary anymore.  She used to be very careful about doing her research on facts before the show and choosing her words, but twice this week and several times last year she'd say "I think I'm right about ..." or "tell me in my ear if my numbers are wrong ..." and then proceed to say stuff she pulls out of her ass to support her views.  Maybe there is a reason she is a FORMER Federal prosecutor.

Sunny's ancestors probably included Spanish colonizers, rapists and dehumanizers as well as their victims. How does she deal with this conflict running through her veins?

Edited by deirdra
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Was it just me or did anyone else think Ana was actually rude to Charlie Crist in her angry aggressiveness today? I think her questions were valid but not her attitude.

Between Whoopie and Ana and Sunny I am not happy with the 4 days this week.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny only made some distinction after other panel members Sunny was very explicit that the second half of the tweet was wrong, it was the first part of the tweet that she pointed out is true. I agreed with Sara that the second half of the tweet is so gross and reprehensible, but one person's grossness doesn't un-prove a point that is technically true. Still, I was with Joy that Elizabeth didn't have the kind of power people before her had that Sunny was insinuating even though the monarchy itself has that history, and that she was merely a figurehead in most ways.

She only made that distinction after other people disagreed. If they hadn't, she would have let that original comment stand.  I'd like to see Sunny parse tweets or statements from "conservative" people so generously. I don't recall her being so specific about "this part is wrong - this part is what I agree with" before, and when other people tweet or post statements that aren't 100% one way or another. She hasn't been so judicious about which parts were valid or not. As I said, the British empire undoubtedly did awful things, but to suggest (as the tweet and Sunny did) that they were the only group that did terrible things is misleading. People who want power will do terrible things to gain and keep it. I think it is reprehensible no matter who does it, but it is not something only one group has done, and make no mistake, someone sometime (maybe soon) will do it again.

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Was it just me or did anyone else think Ana was actually rude to Charlie Crist in her angry aggressiveness today? I think her questions were valid but not her attitude

AGREED! Any wonder why Ron DeSantis doesn't want to come on the show?

• Love 3