Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: For Tooth's Sake

• Start Topic

The interior team has a disagreement about their priorities. Captain Sandy and the deck crew attempt a tricky night docking. Tasha breaks shocking news to a fellow yachtie. Kyle deals with an aching personal issue that affects his work. Storm and Natalya go on their first date, but things don't go as planned.

Bravo Airdate: 08/22/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

After listening to her talking head in this episode, I'm thinking that Natasha is someone who has to have a man in her life -- it doesn't necessarily matter who. 

• Like 3
  • Love 16

This crew is losing me. I was at a point where I still enjoyed watching the adventures of Natalya, Storm, Mzi, and Courtney. Then Natalya seemed to absurdly over-react to Storm talking to Mzi about his concerns relating to his work. Now, I'm down to...wondering why I'm watching. At least the guests have been pleasant and patient these past two episodes, but the previews indicate that the respite from insufferable Bravoesque guests is over next week. Dave is hard to watch. You never know what you're going to get, and he clearly has only the most tenuous command of his emotions. It seems like Jason's greatest strength was having Ragan to make him look like a victim. The less said about Natasha and Kyle the better. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

It was great to see the deck crew function so well under Storm's direction.  Mzi and Courtney are so likeable because they do their jobs well without an attitude.  Mzi is already looking at ways to improve things.  Brian really does seem the odd man out.  Part of it is probably editing, but he seemed so distant and quiet when interacting with his shipmates at work and on the town.  He looks unhappy and the preview indicates he loses his cool with Storm in the next episode.  ETA:  Maybe he's upset that Captain Sandy didn't pick him to be the provisional bosun.

Gee, Natalya, why do you think your relationships don't work out?  Poor Storm must have had whiplash after they flirted and went out  on a date and then she gave him the silent treatment.  She clearly was mad that he wanted to talk about work instead of doing shots.

Dave is still mopey but continues to knock out creative dishes that please the guests.  (What a difference from past seasons when some chefs served basic foods like nachos and sad cheese plates)  He seems to be starting to see that Natasha is a little crazy in the head to be pursuing her ex-boyfriend.

Captain Sandy IMHO is trying to do a better job of being more positive with her crew.  I thought it was funny that she was right down there in the engine room looking at the stabilizer gauge over the engineer's shoulder. In that case it wasn't micromanaging because she really needed to figure out why the stabilizers weren't coming on.

And at least the guests weren't assholes on this charter.

Edited by Cheerwyn
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

Both of the brunettes have messy personal lives.  Why would Natasha get engaged to someone she didn’t love?

Natalya says 99% of her boyfriends cheat on her but she doesn’t “do deep” or get emotionally involved.  She doesn’t seem to mind the results but the way she turned on Storm could be a reason she hasn’t had much luck.

Tasha probably badmouthed her ex to Dave a lot but she doesn’t want to have him repeat those things back to her.  That may be enough to make him see her with clearer eyes.

Kyle was moaning in pain.  Did it not occur to him to ask Sandy if he could go to hospital?  As soon as the boat docked, I’d have jumped off.

Courtney likes to talk like a sailor, also to twerk.  She was talking about her cast mates seeing her vagina because of the short dress.

Sandy tells the crew to keep the doors closed but not why — because the AC gets stressed and draws too much power not leaving enough for the stabilizers to function.

• Love 5

I'm so sick of this whole crew. I'm fast forwarding through most of the show.  I keep watching hoping something interesting might happen but the two Nat's are sooo boring and they think they're so hot.  I can't understand much of what they say-- thank goodness for subtitles, I guess....  I'm glad Dave is saying out loud to the cameras what Natasha told him about her ex.  It's got to the point I'm just mean spirited watching. 

• Love 7

The show's sure not making anyone clamor for an eco-friendly ship like HOME. Loss of stabilizer function could be extremely dangerous, you'd think that it would be part of the core operating system that wasn't so easily affected by power usage. 

Kyle & his whining. He should've asked to see a dentist days ago.

I'm beginning to think that Jason's one of those too cool for school who acts above it all and then claims that he doesn't feel part of the group.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Natasha comes off worse and worse every week. Not only is she a flake but she's bad at her job. She spends most of her time texting her ex-boyfriend and doesn't intervene when her two stews are sniping at each other. Dave's no prize either but her can do better than her. 

Something hinky about the whole situation with Kyle's teeth. He said he had a serious infection when he texted from the hospital but the very next day they pull two of his teeth and he's back at work like nothing happened? You don't just instantly recover with two pulled teeth. There's either a time lapse missing here or they made the whole thing up.

Natalya says 99% of her boyfriends cheat on her but she doesn’t “do deep” or get emotionally involved.  She doesn’t seem to mind the results but the way she turned on Storm could be a reason she hasn’t had much luck.

When 99% of your boyfriends cheat on you it means you keep gravitating towards the same type of men, and you need to think about why your are attracted to that particular type. 

• Like 3
  • Love 18

I'm not getting tired of the show, but I am getting tired of the producer shenanigans and misleading editing. David Letterman used to say "don't make stuff up, life is crazy enough as it is." I never know if somehting is really happening or they just want you to think it is. Real drama is interesting, but phony drama is just insulting our intelligence as viewers.

6 hours ago, snarts said:

Kyle & his whining. He should've asked to see a dentist days ago.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about him. I also think the constant sexual comments are getting tiresome. Gay or straight, it's unprofessional...especially when mentioned to the guests.

• Like 5
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

I'm not getting tired of the show, but I am getting tired of the producer shenanigans and misleading editing. David Letterman used to say "don't make stuff up, life is crazy enough as it is." I never know if somehting is really happening or they just want you to think it is. Real drama is interesting, but phony drama is just insulting our intelligence as viewers.

I think Bravo contracts out these smaller production companies to plan, cast and film the episodes.  Of course Bravo gets final say on things like casting.

I don't know if Bravo has a chance to micromanage though, like look at dailies and tell them to shoot something else or edit it a certain way.

That would be the case with network scripted shows, where network execs presumably justify their highly-paid jobs by giving notes to production and making sure the shows are produced well or in the way the network wants.

Or maybe the production company shoots a ton of footage, a lot of it where producers try to manipulate certain situations, and then as they edit, Bravo is more hands on.

Regardless of how much micromanaging Bravo does during the shooting, they probably let the producers know the kind of things they want, like relationship drama, meltdowns from too much drinking (and who knows, the crew are consuming drugs but the cameras don't film them or they won't air anything like that), and then these contrived situations which could produce drama.

They probably have some general directions on casting the charter guests, especially stunt casting like people who are semi-famous or infamous, like casting the Queen of Versailles people more than once or Roy Orbison's son more than once.

In any event the small production companies are under pressure to deliver drama, stuff that could fit into clips to make viewers want to watch.

Because these shows have to remain on the air for the companies to make money and keep producing more seasons.

They have to compete not only with other reality shows on Bravo and other outlets, they have to worry about Bravo replacing them with other production companies.

So the manipulations will increase or they will use the same playbooks or try to create the similar situations which has worked in the past.

Edited by aghst
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Something hinky about the whole situation with Kyle's teeth. He said he had a serious infection when he texted from the hospital but the very next day they pull two of his teeth and he's back at work like nothing happened? You don't just instantly recover with two pulled teeth. There's either a time lapse missing here or they made the whole thing up. 

No necessarily.   If he had been in the states, he would have seen a dentist and had a root canal (or two). But, I think being in a foreign country, in a job -- I imagine -- with limited health care coverage, the most expedient procedure was pulling the teeth. I think a lot of people would agree that once the source of the infection has been removed, there's really no pain. So at that point, it would be equivalent in immediate discomfort to  having wisdom teeth removed. He'd need to eat soft foods and chew on the other side of his mouth for a while, but returning to work the next day after a night in the hospital wouldn't really be a problem. He might have been given a few pain pills as well. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, rur said:

No necessarily.   If he had been in the states, he would have seen a dentist and had a root canal (or two). But, I think being in a foreign country, in a job -- I imagine -- with limited health care coverage, the most expedient procedure was pulling the teeth. I think a lot of people would agree that once the source of the infection has been removed, there's really no pain. So at that point, it would be equivalent in immediate discomfort to  having wisdom teeth removed. He'd need to eat soft foods and chew on the other side of his mouth for a while, but returning to work the next day after a night in the hospital wouldn't really be a problem. He might have been given a few pain pills as well. 

That may be true but one thing to consider is that US dentists have greater incentives to recommend more costly procedures.

I once chipped one of my front teeth and what they did was to put in a temporary crown while it took the lab a few days to fashion a permanent crown to cover the chipped tooth.  I don't recall if the nerve was exposed.  Wasn't in big pain but maybe sensitive to temperature.

It may be that Kyle couldn't go back for repeated procedures.  Or maybe the season was going to end before they could do something permanent for him.

So Kyle may have opted for the cheapest, quickest option, not thinking through that replacing the teeth, especially if they were molars, would be much more costly later on.

Or maybe thinking he could just chew on the other side but that may overuse those teeth.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, rur said:

I think a lot of people would agree that once the source of the infection has been removed, there's really no pain.

I totally agree. I did the root canal route, and while the procedure is unpleasant, the pain is GONE.

• Love 1

But, I think being in a foreign country, in a job -- I imagine -- with limited health care coverage, the most expedient procedure was pulling the teeth. I think a lot of people would agree that once the source of the infection has been removed, there's really no pain. So at that point, it would be equivalent in immediate discomfort to  having wisdom teeth removed. 

Unless the teeth are falling out on their own, pulling them means sewing up the holes they are pulled from. Kyle would have come back to the boat with a mouthful of bloody cotton - at the very least. He'd also be on antibiotics and probably pain killers too. I have a hard time believing he'd just waltz back onto the boat looking and talking normal the same day he'd gotten two teeth pulled.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Unless the teeth are falling out on their own, pulling them means sewing up the holes they are pulled from. Kyle would have come back to the boat with a mouthful of bloody cotton - at the very least. He'd also be on antibiotics and probably pain killers too. I have a hard time believing he'd just waltz back onto the boat looking and talking normal the same day he'd gotten two teeth pulled.

I had been concerned for Kyle's situation because of the effect two missing teeth would have on the rest of his teeth. I hope that he was able to get implants or have other corrective work done when the filming ended and he returned home.

My lower wisdom teeth never emerged and had to be extracted because they were sideways in my jaw. I was out of work for the day. I was speaking from my own  experience about immediate recovery. The mileage of others may vary. 

Edited by rur

Like the obsession Queeg has with dolphins, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast.

Kudos to Natalya for not taking any poo from Kyle.  Kyle, I know you’re suffering – or so they want us to believe – but please don’t be a dick.

Courtney has more balls than most – great job bringing in the jet ski, etc.

Oh, for Thor’s sake, the Woke Boat fails again on stability?  Doors open?  Please.  It’s a failed concept.

Well… it seems like Dave is moving up and beyond…  hope it continues.  He's got his head down in his work.

Good heavens, after hearing all the stories, is there anyone who hasn’t cheated on anyone?  And Natasha/Dave – what the hell?  Y’all define toxic.

Will the viewers be able to stay awake next week?  Stay tuned…

• Like 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, rur said:

He might have been given a few pain pills as well. 

Would Sandy dole them out when Kyle needs them? Remember how she dealt with Hannah and her pills, the pills she never took while on the boat but the mere fact she had them Sandy was all about the Maritime Law, lol. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Would Sandy dole them out when Kyle needs them? Remember how she dealt with Hannah and her pills, the pills she never took while on the boat but the mere fact she had them Sandy was all about the Maritime Law, lol. 

I was wondering the same thing. Something tells me it would fall under the same plot point/rule of convenience as the "no male-female bunk sharing" that apparently applied for only one season.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, rur said:

I was wondering the same thing. Something tells me it would fall under the same plot point/rule of convenience as the "no male-female bunk sharing" that apparently applied for only one season.

As captain Sandy said on WWHL the M/F bunk sharing was approved this time because they asked beforehand if it was okay & the insurance (?) and owners said yes. Not sure they would say the same again after seeing this pair.

• Love 3

I'm beginning to think Natalya and Natasha are the same person.  They are both so odd. How do you go from fawning all over Storm and then flip a switch like that. No wonder you have no boyfriend when you act like this.  

Honestly I think Natasha is wanting a reaction from Dave now. I think she feeds off of it and it seems like this is the type of person she is (at least to me). She told Dave her boyfriend was cheating on the last boat and they hooked up.  Now roles are reversed.  She is telling her boyfriend she cheated and wants a reaction.  She was told to keep things professionally.  The day of their meeting with Sandy she goes and hugs him.  Another time she brings him coffee.  And finally she tells Dave she is getting back with her ex.  Why do that unless you want him to react?  Just communicate about service.  How hard is that?   The only positive I found was Dave saying what he said about the boyfriend.  Nice to see she has all that time to keep texting him too.  Honestly, I think if it came down to firing one of them it should be her.  She kept going to him.

Honestly the only ones I like are Courtney and Mzi. The others are just annoying.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Honestly I think Natasha is wanting a reaction from Dave now. I think she feeds off of it and it seems like this is the type of person she is (at least to me). She told Dave her boyfriend was cheating on the last boat and they hooked up.  Now roles are reversed.  She is telling her boyfriend she cheated and wants a reaction. 

That's what I was thinking too. And why on earth is she telling Dave she's getting back with her ex? After everything she's been through, knowing how possessive he got with her, trying to ghost him, it's like she's deliberately baiting him. What is wrong with her? 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That's what I was thinking too. And why on earth is she telling Dave she's getting back with her ex? After everything she's been through, knowing how possessive he got with her, trying to ghost him, it's like she's deliberately baiting him. What is wrong with her? 

I'm glad I am not alone in thinking that.  I think she is doing it on purpose.  I think on her WWHL appearance a while back she was trying to cover herself saying Dave got the better edit than her.  I can see why now after this.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, MyMaui said:

I'm glad I am not alone in thinking that.  I think she is doing it on purpose.  I think on her WWHL appearance a while back she was trying to cover herself saying Dave got the better edit than her.  I can see why now after this.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:22 AM, iMonrey said:

Exactly what my wife and I both said: WHY DOES HE NEED TO KNOW? I was completely on Team Tash when Douchey Dave went ballistic a couple of episodes ago. COmpletely inappropriate reaction (but isn't that why we watch? These are almost all invariably emotionally damaged people living in close quarters, isn't this shit inevitable?). Now, she absolutely tells him for zero reason at all, and he gets all upset about it again, except SHE's in the wrong. I do not understand why these people cannot land, and quickly, on the solution that "You know, it's probably best for us to just communicate professionally, about work stuff." 

As far as Storm and Natalya go, I think she's just looking for someone to charm her knickers off, and it seemed to me Storm's not very charming. He's nice, he's probably sort of funny, but dude had no game at all. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

In reality if you were on a boat for six weeks would you even be interested in trying to have a relationship or just sex?  The chances of a relationship lasting a day after the last day of the charter season are slim to none so why do these people try so hard?  Do they really think they are forming a long lasting relationship?   

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In reality if you were on a boat for six weeks would you even be interested in trying to have a relationship or just sex?  The chances of a relationship lasting a day after the last day of the charter season are slim to none so why do these people try so hard?  Do they really think they are forming a long lasting relationship?   

YES. They are all dealing with significantly malformed images of relationships, and are probably given to over-romanticizing based on the incredible surroundings. Much like the 90-Day Other Way folks, as you seem to imply, these people would be better off just saying "You know what, I find crewmember X really attractive, she / he is into me too, so we're probably just going to fuck whenever we can while we're on the boat, and we'll see where it goes from there, Probably nowhere though." The girl on Down Under, for example, can't figure out that it's an absolute shit idea to plan to do a life in a van trip with someone you've known for six weeks or less. Same deal. Just fuck, no one's going to hate you over it, you're young, single, when will it be a better time to have those adventures? Trying to figure out how to marry vacation dick / [impolite vagina name] is a real bad idea.  

• Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 1:55 PM, MyMaui said:

I think on her WWHL appearance a while back she was trying to cover herself saying Dave got the better edit than her.

I watched that episode too and it cemented my negative opinion of Natasha. She craves drama and attention, but also want everyone to think she's this perfect person who never does anything wrong. During WWHL, she had a fake smile on her face the entire time. She kept saying over and over what a forgiving person she is and how she doesn't hold grudges. But whenever Andy asked about her own questionable behavior on the show, she deflected by turning it around and shading Dave instead.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I think this is one of the most unlikeable casts ever.  For me anyway.  Natasha is…not a good person, it seems.  Jason is an angry stick in the mud.  Mzi is quiet.  Courtney, I’m still annoyed by her shrill “daddy!” From last season. 
The only one I like is Storm. 
Hubby and I are also having a really hard time understanding what many of them are saying. My family is from Europe, I’m good with accents, so maybe it’s cuz I am getting old. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I think this is one of the most unlikeable casts ever.  For me anyway.  Natasha is…not a good person, it seems.  Jason is an angry stick in the mud.  Mzi is quiet.  Courtney, I’m still annoyed by her shrill “daddy!” From last season. 
The only one I like is Storm. 
Hubby and I are also having a really hard time understanding what many of them are saying. My family is from Europe, I’m good with accents, so maybe it’s cuz I am getting old. 

I'm not sure if it's the accent but I have noticed the women have a shrilly way of speaking.  I can't quite explain maybe it's the pitch of their voice.  And ITA on Jason.  On the scale of normal reality tv people he's not that bad but he isn't very pleasant to watch--IDK he just seems to have a lot of underlying issues *shrug*

On 8/19/2022 at 11:55 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

As far as Storm and Natalya go, I think she's just looking for someone to charm her knickers off, and it seemed to me Storm's not very charming. He's nice, he's probably sort of funny, but dude had no game at all. 

YES!  He seems like a hard worker and a generally nice guy but he comes across as a bit intense and IDK just not a lot of fun.  Again same with Jason just not very pleasant to watch.

All in all I just don't like this cast either.  Mzi continues to be an absolute JOY but he isn't shown enough and he doesn't seem to have any storyline so he's just sort of there.  I miss last season's dream team!  😢  I want David & Lloyd back  😞

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 9:43 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I was wondering this too, since the kerfuffle with Malia and Maritime LAW!  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Ignoring the crap to do with maritime law how do you know she didn't take any while on board? Is it because she said she didn't because if that's the bench mark of what you're going on I would like to see that one tried with the police when they ask. She knew she had to declare that she was taking them & didn't probably to skate around any rules that there may be and in my opinion she deserved what she got even though I didn't agree with Malia snitching on her just so she could get laid.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

gnoring the crap to do with maritime law how do you know she didn't take any while on board?

I thought it was a blister pack and none of the pills were missing...you know, when you question me like this I don't really feel the love.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was a blister pack and none of the pills were missing...you know, when you question me like this I don't really feel the love.

You know I love you really, I mean you have a cat picture how could I not.

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I was wondering this too, since the kerfuffle with Malia and Maritime LAW!  

I'm not sure if you've received the latest Maritime Law Journal this quarter, but the world of maritime law is exciting and constantly changing. 

Sincerely,

Chareth Cutestory, ESQ

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Not just me, then. Last night's episode was sooooooooooo dull.

IKR, as much as I feel for Kyle and his toothache it makes for very BORING tv.  *yawn*

And I'm over this drama between the Chef and Chief Stew *yawn*

And then Storm and 2nd Stew....*YAWN!*

This is only the 7th episode--lawd I don't know how much more I can take of this high intense drama.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I know it's too much to ask, but just ONCE can I see something get screwed up badly enough to really be a problem? Besides this piece of shit boat's stabilizers going off line. ANd not "Oops, I bumped into a dolphin but it's not even enough to scuff the hull." I mean fuck, they fake most of this shit anyway right? How much more fun is a show if you can see:

• Hunt for the saboteur who keeps fucking with the stabilizers...high stakes drama that ends with someone locked in the garbage compartment until the charter's over.
  • Captain Sandy: Didn't put the jet skis in the water??? KEEL HAUL YOUR ASS.
  • Stowaway who tricks the whole crew into thinking the boat is haunted.
  • Hijacking by the primary.  
  • Yacht seized under sanction for being owned by a Russian oligarch.

I have more but they get less tasteful.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

On Sailing Yacht the engines went out and they crashed into the concrete dock and did damage to the boat.  Captain Glenn painted over it.

I'm beginning to think neither Natasha or Natalya are right in the head.  Natasha for the drama over cheating on her ex with Dave and Natalya for wanting every ounce of Storm's attention when he just started a new job, and for insisting that Courtney was an asshole for not immediately starting to clean cabins.

• Love 3

I agree that Natalya was out of line getting bent out of shape for Storm talking about work during party time.  She really went overboard 😉 with her reactions and giving Storm the silent treatment for such a small thing after their nice dinner together.  So far everything about Storm seems great and he deserves better.

• Love 9
On 8/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, iMonrey said:

....and the fact that he was using a straw on their night out. I thought no straws after any dental surgery

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

....and the fact that he was using a straw on their night out. I thought no straws after any dental surgery

Very good point. I was probably too close to falling asleep by that time in the scintillating episode to notice that but good catch.

• LOL 1
On 8/24/2022 at 7:41 AM, NaughtyKitty said:

I've never been told that and I have had a lot of teeth pulled.  With a straw you can direct liquid away from where the teeth were, otherwise drinking just sloshes things around.

I had my lot of teeth pulled out starting in middle school years because my baby teeth wouldn't fall out, and there wasn't room for all my giant hard permanent teeth.  I have 10 less teeth now than everyone else.  It was my life for a while.  There was never any sewing up afterwards, but lots of bloody gauze.  I assume they just didn't film him at that point.

• Love 3
On 8/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, jewel21 said:

I work in a dental office and in the post op instructions it says no spitting and no suction aka using a straw or smoking. 

And of course every patient follows those instructions to the letter. Not that every country in the world has the same post op instructions as in the USA.

• Love 1

If you don't follow those directions, you'll end up with a dry socket and that is VERY painful.  My ex had a very high tolerance to pain and he was a smoker.  He ended up with a dry socket and he was crying with pain.  I never saw him cry from pain.

As others have pointed out, I'm having a hard time getting invested with this crew.  The look-alike brunettes are still doing my head in.  I think I have it sorted and then someone calls the other one Tash and I just give up.

• Love 7