Type keyword(s) to search

What Concerts Have You Seen?

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

So my daughter and I have this running gag between us.  We will hear something on the radio or TV and I will turn to her and say, I have seen them in concert.  And she will say, who haven't you seen Mom?

::giggle::

So, I thought it would be fun to start listing who we have seen in concert.

I know it will take me more than a few posts to list everyone I have seen.  I absolutely ADORE live music, so I have spent booku bucks in my life to watch live performances. 

So let me start with the 70's era:

Elvis (yup, the 1973 performance in Hawaii)

The Osmonds

America

Jackson 5

Wild Cherry (at my JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL)

ELO

Hall & Oats

Marshall Tucker Band

Molly Hatchet

Cheap Trick

Who is next?

• Love 2

I was considering starting a thread about this!  I haven't been to a lot, but I've been to some really good ones.  It all started in 1987:

U2

Bon Jovi

Poison

Warrant (in clubs)

Guns and Roses/Skid Row

Billy Joel

Dixie Chicks

Fleetwood Mac

The Eagles

Queen with Paul Rogers

Aerosmith

Gladys Knight/Kool and the Gang

Frankie Valli/The Four Tops

Meatloaf

Duran Duran

I feel like I'm forgetting a couple.  Anyway, I still want to see Garth Brooks and Elton John (if he tours again).  I also missed a chance to see Motley Crue because it was back when we had to stand in line or keep dialing the phone until we got through and I wasn't in the mood for either, saying that I'd see them next time around. They broke up shortly afterward :(  One of the above concerts did have Vince Neil opening with his solo stuff, though. 

• Love 2

@BizBuzz, if I saw Elvis and The Jackson 5 in concert, I'd be bragging, too! Oh, man, Cheap Trick... I am jealous.

I'm also very jealous of anyone who saw Duran Duran in their prime.

Well, I've not been to a whole lot, mostly because I don't have a car to drive myself to these things, and I live in the middle of nowhere... but nevertheless:

The Smashing Pumpkins (Garbage opened)

Bush (Veruca Salt opened)

Metallica (Corrosion of Conformity opened)

Incubus (twice)

A Perfect Circle (twice)

Mudvayne

Keith Urban

Scott Weiland

I recently missed a chance to see Peter Murphy. That one wounded me deeply.

• Love 2

Mine's a fairly short list; I'm not hugely into live music and I think I'm a bit younger than most who've posted thus far. But I've been to some good ones.

Kansas

Matchbox 20

Tori Amos (Ben Folds opening)

The Goo Goo Dolls

Daughtry (Lifehouse and Cavo opening)

Silversun Pickups

I have especially lovely memories of the Tori Amos one, which was at a small open-air venue on a beautiful night. I was in the lawn seating and the concert had been undersold so the coordinators were inviting people up into the arena area, but it was so nice lying back and looking at the sky while listening to the music that I was happier to stay in the back.

• Love 1

I have seen many many concerts. I go to Lollapalooza every year, so I get a good dose there.

My favorites are:

Green Day - They put on a great show. Everytime I see them they are fantastic live. Billie Joe works that stage.

Glen Hansard/The Frames/The Swell Season - Glen Hansard is an absolute favorite of mine. I remember many years ago how it was just five dollars to see him at The Vic or Metro. Oh how times have changed. I cannot stress how much I love Glen.

The Avett Brothers - I can never get enough of these guys.

Ed Sheeran

Mumford and Sons

The Pixies

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros 

Social Distortion

The Lumineers

Of Monsters and Men

The Black Keys

Arcade Fire

Lake Street Dive

Gogol Bordello - Got doused with wine and very crushed in the mosh pit.

Barenaked Ladies - Many times with Steve and only a couple without.

Back in the day New Kids on the Block. I was a Joey McIntyre girl.

• Love 1

I recently missed a chance to see Peter Murphy. That one wounded me deeply.

Sounds like it really cut you up.

Saw U2 on the War(Theaters) and The Joshua Tree(Arenas) tours. Tore. It. Up. Saw The Police on the Synchronicity tour. Didn't know at the time that it was the last tour. (Well, for 25 years, anyway.)

• Love 3
(edited)

WOW, totally stoked at so much participation!

As many concerts as I have seen, I am more than green with envy with several of ya'lls:  Duran Duran, Police, U2, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Lyle Lovett

Ok, the 80's era:

First time to see Billy Joel (seen him 3 times), and I saw him with Elton John (talk about magical!)

Yes

Steve Miller (if I had to name a concert that has been the best, this would be it ... the man played, seriously, for 3 hours straight, and was so fricken entertaining)

Greg Allman Band

Kool and the Gang

Inxs

Billy Idol (Sonic Youth opened)

Jane's Addiction

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Smashing Pumpkins (in a BAR in SF before they got famous - saw them with Butthole Surfers)

Smithereens

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young <-- outdoor concert and they were smashed!

ZZ Top

Extreme

The Beach Boys with Heart

One summer while I was living in Hawaii there was an outdoor summer series at the Waikiki Shell - the Honolulu Symphony Orchestra with guests:

Kenny G

Doc Severenson

Marvin Hamlish (what a fascinating man)

Burt Bacharach

Whew...

Edited by BizBuzz
Added a concert...
  • Love 1

Been to a couple, one a music one, and one a comedy act:

Phil Collins -- it SUCKED. The man was drunk and was saying some mean things about his (at the time) soon to be ex-wife. Wanted my money back.

The Smothers Brothers -- the opposite of the above experience. They kicked ASS. And were just as good as they were on tv in their show :). Loved it.

• Love 2

I saw Mastodon opening for Slayer a few years ago. Although saw is somewhat incorrect. The smoke machine was working rather too well, and the whole stage was invisible. A bit Spinal Tap, that was.

Black Sabbath last year. Great music, obviously. But please, Ozzy, don't try to dance ever again. Also, I was awfully impressed with Bill Ward's drum solo until I discovered it was Tommy Clufetos and he's a year younger than me. :)

Edited by Joe
  • Love 2

Sounds like it really cut you up.

Saw U2 on the War(Theaters) and The Joshua Tree(Arenas) tours. Tore. It. Up. Saw The Police on the Synchronicity tour. Didn't know at the time that it was the last tour. (Well, for 25 years, anyway.)

Zinnnng! Wish I could time travel to see the Synchronicity tour. 

Phil Collins -- it SUCKED. The man was drunk and was saying some mean things about his (at the time) soon to be ex-wife. Wanted my money back.

Wow. Wouldn't have expected that.

• Love 1

Zinnnng! Wish I could time travel to see the Synchronicity tour. 

Wow. Wouldn't have expected that.

Yea I didn't either :(. The tickets were a birthday gift and I ended up not listening to ANY of his music for two years as a form of protest. I'm ok with it now though,

I started to think about this and actually have a pretty cool list.

James Taylor (my first concert, early 80s)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
U2 (Zooropa and Elevation)
Peter Gabriel (Amnesty Intl, Secret World and Back to Front)
The Police - Synchronicity and reunion tour (and Sting solo too)
REM  3x
10,000 Maniacs
Spinal Tap 2x
B52s
Bruce Springsteen w/E Street 3x
John Mellancamp
Weird Al
Mark Knopfler at least 5x
Tenacious D 2x
Paul Simon / Brian Wilson
Survivor/ Styx/ REO Speedwagon

Pretty lucky to have seen all these concerts.

• Love 2

David Cassidy
Sonny & Cher
Liza Minelli
Barry Manilow
The Beach Boys
Chicago
Elton John
Billy Joel
Elton John & Billy Joel
Three Dog Night
Dire Straits
Eric Clapton
Lyle Lovett (and with his Large Band)
John Hiatt & Lyle Lovett
Robert Plant & Allison Krauss
Robert Plant & The Band of Joy
Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters
Paul Simon
Simon & Garfunkel
The Monkees
Peter Noone/Davy Jones/Bobby Sherman
Gotham
The Grateful Dead
Barbara Cook
Ethel Merman
Jimmy Buffet
Bruuuuuuce (just to see what the fuss was about)
Bon Jovi 
Huey Lewis
John Denver
Mose Allison
The Flatlanders
Rock Bottom Remainders
Matthew Sweet
The Pogues
Bob Dylan
Willie Nelson
John Mellencamp
Ray Davies
Neil Diamond
Roger Daltry
Billy Bragg
Ralph Stanley
Nick Cave
Buddy Guy
Village People
Patti Lupone
Mandy Patinkin
Patti Lupone & Mandy Patinkin
Beth Hart
Sarah Vaughan closing Charlie’s Georgetown
Allison Krauss
Kasey Musgraves
Nellie McKay
Ray Charles at Mazza Gallery
Dave Bromberg

This list is not in chronological order but it's what I can come up with at the moment.  Many of these acts I've seen multiple times, because if I enjoy someone's music, I'm going to go back every time they are in town.

• Love 4

Wow, @ebk57 -- Ethel Merman?   I am jealous, I loved her.  The range of your list is amazing!

I'm not really a concertgoer, but I saw Toto because they played my school way back when and have seen NRBQ, John Hiatt, and Marshall Crenshaw multiple times at Toad's Place (a small club in New Haven).  Also saw John Sebastian and Dave Mason (separately) doing their sort of nostalgic tours (at my house, we call them geezer tours), and they were both great.  Art Garfunkel last year - despite his well-known voice issues, it was a fantastic show  - he was interesting, funny, entertaining and still sounded damn good.  Loudon Wainwright III - also a lot of fun, lots of audience participation (I like the small venues, it appears).  

• Love 2

I've lived in Alaska since I was 10, so didn't have a lot of opportunities until I was old enough (and had a good enough job) to travel "outside" for concerts.  So, here are the few I've been to:

In Alaska:  Moody Blues, Beach Boys (both in the early 1980s); Elton John when he came up here a few years ago; and Jake Shimabukuro a couple of years ago.

Outside:  R.E.M. (3x; but not until after Berry left, unfortunately); Bob Mould; Grizzly Bear; and Adam Lambert.

And that's it.  I'm hoping there'll be some interesting shows when I'm in Phoenix in October, but I haven't seen anything yet on the various concert info websites.

• Love 1

I'll have to actually think back to remember who I've seen over the years but one that usually makes people laugh when I mentioned it is Ratt. Any one remember them? Their unknown opening act? Bon Jovi. Hee.

• Love 5

OMG, I am entirely jealous on SO many levels @King of Birds and @ebk57

Three Dog Night???

Jimmy Buffet??? <-- my bucket list concert

Village People???

Spinal Tap???

REM???

Geesh, you both must live in BIG cities to see all those greats.

I saw Jimmy Buffett open for Three Dog Night back around 1974. It was just about the time that "Come Monday" came out because I remember him all alone on stage with no band behind him dressed all in white playing guitar and singing that song. We may have yelled at him to get off the stage because we couldn't wait to see Chuck, Cory and Danny. Yes I regret my rudeness but I was just a kid.

• Love 1

I have to confess... I went to see Jimmy Buffett for the same reason I went to see Bruuuuuuuuce...  because someone else gave me tickets (or arranged for the group to buy them) and I figured why not.  Let's see what the fuss was about.  

And there was one big part of each show that was exactly the same, and to me, kinda scary.  The audience knows what to do at all the same points in all the same songs.  Both shows - thousands of people standing, swaying, waving their arms at the exact same time in the exact same way.  Kinda like a big cult thing. It was...weird.

I enjoyed Jimmy so much more than Bruuuuuuce though, because he takes himself a lot less seriously.  It was a way more fun evening for me.

• Love 1

I couldn't come close to remembering every concert I've been to, so I'll just list some of my favorites:

Bruce Springsteen - They don't call him The Boss for nothin'.  He's spectacular on stage.

Dolly Parton - Hers was the first concert I attended in the very early '80s, and I last saw her during her Backwoods Barbie tour.  She's just so incredibly fun on top of being talented.

Bette Midler - Another one who has a great voice and songs, and is also just a lot of fun on stage.

Lilith Fair - This most recent one was a bit of a letdown, but still enjoyable, and the first three were amazing experiences I wouldn't trade for anything. 

Tori Amos and Alanis Morissette - I like their individual shows (especially Tori's, as it's certainly never the same thing twice), but seeing them back-to-back was wonderful.

Fleetwood Mac - The "reunion" tour following The Dance in, what, '97?  GREAT show.

The Dixie Chicks - Man, I miss them.

Indigo Girls - They are just so clearly enjoying themselves onstage, it is always pure delight to see.

Patti Smith - I kind of feel a bit in awe listening to her, especially between songs.

Rolling Stones - Terrific energy.

Garbage - See above; just a terrific live band.

Faith Hill & Tim McGraw - I'm not a huge fan of either one, but their show together was a surprisingly great time.

Prince - He really puts on a show.

U2 - And so do they.

Eric Clapton - With such a long career, he has a lot of material to work with, and he does such a nice variety.

Tina Turner - I saw her in Los Angeles (where I live), but also in New Orleans, with Lionel Richie opening.  That was a real treat.

Nine Inch Nails - I suffered through The Palladium (venue with no seating) for them, and don't regret it.

Metallica with Alice in Chains - This was spectacular.

REM - I don't listen to their albums all that often, but they are terrific live.

Bob Dylan - A legend, and for good reason.

George Jones - See above.

Dar Williams - I'm not one to see an artist every time they're in town, but I make something of an exception for her. 

Tom Waits - There's really nothing else like one of his shows, and I'm glad I caught one since they're so hard to come by.

Madonna - There's nothing like a Madonna show, either; she pulls out all the stops.

Barbra Streisand - I can't say I'm a huge fan, but when I had the opportunity to see her in the early '90s I figured I'd better take it, and I'm glad I did.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I'll have to actually think back to remember who I've seen over the years but one that usually makes people laugh when I mentioned it is Ratt. Any one remember them? Their unknown opening act? Bon Jovi. Hee.

@Ramble  I remember Ratt, I never saw them in concert though, but I am jealous of you seeing baby Bon Jovi!

My list in no particular order:

Yes

Sting

The Police

Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac

REM

INXS

U2

Eagles

Heart

Bon Jovi

Depeche Mode

Most of them I've seen multiple times; I wish I could've seen Michael Hutchence's INXS more than once, I LOVED THAT SHOW.

I am jealous of whoever has seen:

Eric Clapton

The Rolling Stones

U2 before ZOO TV

Phil Collins but I'm bummed that Antibeespray didn't like him.

• Love 3

@Bastet, how could I have forgotten Bette Midler??  Saw her several times back in the day and as you say, she's so much fun on stage!!  Also forgot Peter Allen, who I totally enjoyed several times.

When I was in my formative years, I always said I'd wait all night in line for tickets to see La Streisand (which was easy for me to say since she swore she'd never perform live again).  Then she changed her mind.  I took one look at the ticket prices...and so did I.  I am jealous that you got to see her.

• Love 2

I got the Streisand tickets through work at the time; I'd have never shelled out that kind of dough for any concert.  Given how in-demand tickets were (her first tour in decades, with no one knowing if there'd ever be another one), I strongly considered selling them for big bucks since I'm not a huge fan.  But I figured I should take the opportunity that had presented itself, and it really was a memorable experience (especially seeing how the audience reacted to her).

• Love 1

@Bastet, a Tom Waits show is really a catch -- I didn't even know he did shows.

@ebk57, your Streisand is my The Who.  I swore I'd get to see them if it became possible, knowing their chances of touring (or of Townsend and Daltrey agreeing on doing it at the same time) were super-slim; but when it really happened, I was sticker-shocked into inaction.  

• Love 1

Yeah, seeing Streisand perform was one thing, but managing to catch Tom Waits on stage was a bit like finding a unicorn.  I knew I was going to be in Nashville during the time he'd be performing at the Ryman, so I called in a few markers to make that happen. 

• Love 3

Madonna - There's nothing like a Madonna show, either; she pulls out all the stops.

When did you see her? Era is important to me when it comes to Madonna. I can't really tolerate her music after Ray Of Light (well, a handful of songs are OK). The Blonde Ambition Tour would have been ideal for me.

Yes

Sting

The Police

Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac

REM

INXS

U2

Eagles

Heart

Bon Jovi

Depeche Mode

This list is seriously amazing!

• Love 2

When did you see her? Era is important to me when it comes to Madonna. I can't really tolerate her music after Ray Of Light (well, a handful of songs are OK). The Blonde Ambition Tour would have been ideal for me.

The Blonde Ambition show is the one I was thinking of when putting her on my favorites list, but I enjoyed a later show as well (I can't remember what year, but mid-00s) even though I like the earlier music better.  I may not listen to Music and later albums very often, but I do enjoy seeing songs from them live because she's such an interesting performer.

Newport Pop Festival in SoCal in '68:

Iron Butterfly

Blue Cheer

Jefferson Airplane

Country Joe & the Fish

the Byrds

Canned Heat

Chambers Bros

Steppenwolf

Eric Burdon & the Animals

(there was more but I was pretty baked, so ?)

otherwise: Led Zeppelin, Arlo Guthrie, James Taylor, Carole King, the Beach Boys, Linda Ronstadt, Robert Plant & the Honeydrippers, Jimmy Page/Paul Rodgers - The Firm, the Doobie Bros, Bryan Adams, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, Toby Keith

• Love 2

Wow, some great concerts on here.

For me it's been in chronological order;

The Jacksons Victory Tour

Paul McCartney

Barry Manilow (2x)

Pink Floyd (2x)

Hansons (4 daughter)

Moody Blues

Backstreet Boys (4 daughter)

Rob Zombie upcoming (at my new job)

None of them have been bad. Though Barry Manilow & Pink Floyd were the best, both times.

Oh, and the Cleveland Orchestra numerous times over the years.

• Love 3

The Jacksons

Roy Ayers

George Benson with Stephanie Mills and Jerry Butler opening

Angela Bofill

Rick James and Teena Marie

Paul Jackson Jr.

and some America Idol candidate on a cruise

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1

Okay, I've seen some decent ones and some doozies over the year:

-Goo Goo Dolls (Vanessa Carlton opened)

-Deff Leppard (in '97? Went with a friend, and it might as well have been '87 in that arena...it was that gross)

-Ricky Martin (went with my Equadorian friend who hilariously used to defend his supposed heterosexuality back in '97)

-Tori Amos: 3-5 times from '96-'05, met her before one show and was so impressed by her sheer sweetness

-Aerosmith (2005)

-No Doubt (pre-Fergie Black Eye Peas opened)

-Duran Duran (in '98 or 2000? Even got backstage---Simon Le'Bon was a douche, but the other guys were lovely)

-Garbage

-Jimmy Buffet: 3-5 times, since my husband is a devoted Parrothead

-Rolling Stones ('97 or '98)

-Gwen Stefani (her 1st tour)

-Rage Against the Machine

-Souxie Soux & the Creatures

-Nine Inch Nails: 3-5 times, best time being a Halloween show that opened with Queens of the Stone Age

-Nikka Costa

-Depeche Mode: I've seen them at least 20 times since 1998? I've adored that group most of my life, literally sneaking listens to them on my brother's Walkman in 1984, so I wasn't even able to finally travel to see them until I was in college. And man, I was hooked and followed them around on several tours after that! They're beyond amazing live, that's all I've gotta say.

-David Gahan (DM's lead singer on his solo tour)

-Venus Hum

• Love 1

My list is pretty short and sad:

The Beach Boys (some kind of reunion tour, my friend's dad wanted to see them and we tagged along)

Debbie Gibson (I have no shame on this one, I adored her as a kid)

New Kids on the Block (my dad still hasn't forgiven me for this one)

Coldplay (before they got big and were still playing little clubs)

Peter Gabriel

• Love 2

Let's see...

Nine Inch Nails, several times (including openers Peaches, Bauhaus, Queens Of The Stone Age, Death From Above 1979, Explosions In The Sky)

Rasputina (cello rock), several times

Apocalytica, ditto

Zoe Keating (solo and with Rasputina)

Placebo

Silverchair

Amanda Palmer (I cried as hard as I danced)

Tegan and Sara

Semi-Precious Weapons

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Art Vs. Science

Sigur Ros

Cursive (a few times, including the night I met mr. mini-mart)

Foxy Shazam

Iggy and the Stooges

Those are the larger names of the top of my head.  My ultimate must-see is David Bowie.  Sadly unsure if I will ever get the chance.

• Love 2

Earliest concert I attended - Loverboy, in the early 1980s. Their opening act was a nobody named Bryan Adams!

More recently, in random order:

Celine Dion

Diana Krall x 2

Michael Buble x 2 

Lenny Kravitz

Elton John

Dixie Chicks

Melissa Etheridge

Adele x 2

Pink

Bruno Mars

Paul Simon, solo 

Paul Simon and Sting

Lady Gaga

James Taylor and Carol King

Mary Chapin Carpenter

Sugarland

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks

Bonnie Raitt, with Marc Cohn

Billy Joel coming up!

• Love 1

U2

Bonnie Raitt

Chris Isaak

Willie Nelson

Johnny Cash

Alabama

Clint Black

Alan Jackson

Elton John

Billy Joel

Def Leppard

John Hiatt

Lyle Lovett

Marty Stuart

Luther Vandross

Rollins Band

Tool

Alice in Chains

Dinosaur Jr.

Primus

The  Mavericks

Bettye Lavette

David Bowie

Cheap Trick

The GooGoo Dolls

Bob Dylan

Los Lobos

Travis Tritt

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Jackson Brown

Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers

CSNY

Rodney Crowell

The Rolling Stones

Edited by ikmccall
  • Love 2

In no particular order:

-Elvis Costello

-Todd Rundgren x 4

-Sting

-Ray Charles (& again as a halftime show for the Chicago Sting)

-Squeeze

-U2

-Tiffany/Tommy Shaw/Go West (my sister & I were only there for Go West so we hid in the bathroom until they came on)

-Peter Gabriel x 4

-Genesis x 3

-John Cougar Mellancamp

-Phil Collins x 2

-Utopia x 2

-Hall & Oates

-The Fixx

-The Pointer Sisters

-Bruce Springsteen x 2

-The Scorpions

-The B-52's

-The Who

-The Police x 2

-Luther Vandross

I HATE country but while dating DH saw

-Mark Chesnutt

-Charlie Daniels Band

If I had to do it over again, I'd add more Police!, Depeche Mode & The Cure.

• Love 1

Forgot to mention South Side Johnny & the Asbury Jukes.

And Nicholis Tremulis a few times (probably only Chicagoans know him). In the More Than The Truth days.

Also The Kinsey Report, a Chicago blues band.

And Pat Metheny (jazz).

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 1

So many bands - so little space.

First concert in 1980 when I was 12 Kiss at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Many many concerts since then so here's just a few

Pearl Jam x 8 - Most recent concert played for just under 3.5 hrs they just get better with age!

Soundgarden x 10

REM x 2

David Bowie X 2

U2 x 2

Smashing Pumpkins x 2

Rage against the machine x 4

Nick Cave - lost count

The Strokes

Rolling Stones

Silverchair

Jeff Buckly

Tool

INXS

Crowded House

PIL

The Cure

Prodigy

and many many more.

Edited by elizacat
  • Love 3

@Ramble  I remember Ratt, I never saw them in concert though, but I am jealous of you seeing baby Bon Jovi!

Yes

Sting

The Police

Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac

REM

INXS

U2

Eagles

Heart

Bon Jovi

Depeche Mode

Most of them I've seen multiple times; I wish I could've seen Michael Hutchence's INXS more than once, I LOVED THAT SHOW.

I am jealous of whoever has seen:

Eric Clapton

The Rolling Stones

U2 before ZOO TV

Phil Collins but I'm bummed that Antibeespray didn't like him.

Don't worry, it's all good now. I'm still a fan of his music. Gave it a two year break out of protest back then though :p.

• Love 1

So many bands - so little space.

First concert in 1980 when I was 12 Kiss at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Many many concerts since then so here's just a few

Pearl Jam x 8 - Most recent concert played for just under 3.5 hrs they just get better with age!

Soundgarden x 10

REM x 2

David Bowie X 2

U2 x 2

Smashing Pumpkins x 2

Rage against the machine x 4

Nick Cave - lost count

The Strokes

Rolling Stones

Silverchair

Jeff Buckly

Tool

INXS

Crowded House

PIL

The Cure

Prodigy

and many many more.

OK, this entire list is insane, but I can't even reason with the fact that you've seen Soundgarden 10 times. Pearl Jam 8 times? What... What the hell have I been doing with my life?!

• Love 2

OK, this entire list is insane, but I can't even reason with the fact that you've seen Soundgarden 10 times. Pearl Jam 8 times? What... What the hell have I been doing with my life?!

Ha yeah they are my 2 favourite bands. Believe me if I lived in the US it would be a hell of a lot more. I've seen them every tour since about 94 either in Australia or UK, and obviously go to several shows a tour.

• Love 1

Strangely enough, most of the concerts I have seen were in the 70s, when I was in the Air Force stationed in Germany:

Ten Years After

Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson was speaking in German and cracking the crowd up, but we didn't understand most of what he was saying)

Carole King (she dedicated "Far Away" to the Americans in the audience who were stationed in Germany away from their families)

Spooky Tooth (they knew how to put on a concert!):

• Love 1

I know I'm a child of the 70's, but I really want to see Imagine Dragons.

That's a recent group that actually has talent, and doesn't rely on synthesizers or twee sounds, but on raw emotion.

I highly, highly recommend them. I had the opportunity to see them at a private show last year. I couldn't have told you any of their songs before the show, but that didn't even matter. Their energy was that fantastic.

• Love 1

Yes
Sting (twice)
The Police
Stevie Nicks
Fleetwood Mac (twice)
REM
INXS
U2 (lots of times and hopefully more to come)
Eagles (4 times)
Heart
Bon Jovi (too many times)
Depeche Mode

Madonna

Santana

I wanted to edit my original post but I couldn't figure it out.

Edited by iPad
  • Love 2
I wanted to edit my original post but I couldn't figure it out.

After a week, you no longer have a chance to edit your posts.  If you ever want to edit and it's been more than a week, just notify one of the mods.

• Love 2