Type keyword(s) to search

What Concerts Have You Seen?

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

This will test my memory, many of these are multiples and certainly not in order:

Black Sabbath w/Dio as lead

Ozzy Osborne solo

Cheap Trick

Journey

Styx

Van Halen (original and w/Hagar)

Queen

Billy Squier

Ted Nugent

Nine Inch Nails

Bush

Offspring

Def Leppard

Triumph

Iron Maiden

Kiss

Judas Priest

Scorpions

McCauley Shenker Group

The Who

Rush

U2

Heart

Pat Benatar

Foreigner

Several Warped Tours and Lollapalloozas

Pearl Jam

Us Festival (1982-3?ish)

Aerosmith

Metallica

Motley Crue

Deep Purple

Pretenders

Tom Petty

Yes

Asia

Duran Duran

Green Day

Night Ranger

Tesla

Queensryche

Poison

Ratt

Cinderella

Go-Gos

Soul Asylum

Had money saved up in 1980 to buy Led Zeppelin tickets, but that didn't go.  Definitely a band I wish I could have seen.

Not sure how I missed some bands like Guns & Roses.  The timing must have never worked.

Haven't been to a concert in some years, as my kids were too young.  Really wanted to take them to see Fall Out Boy this summer, but we were away when they were in my town.  Hopefully we'll do it next time they're in town.  Muse is also on my list of concerts I'd really like to see, but I probably can't swing the Drones tour atm. 

Edited by Hanahope

From the 70s/80s-  Doobie Bros (2x), Styx (4x), Peter Frampton, Foreigner (2x), Van Halen (3x), REO Speedwagon (2x),  Kansas (2x),  Boston, Supertramp, Rush (3x), Eagles, Steve Miller (2x)  Billy Squier, Head East, Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band,

Opening acts- Rick Derringer, Sammy Hagar, The Babys, Ram Jam, Crawler, Edgar Winter's White Trash, Starz, Max Webster

Stadium concerts

Fleetwood Mac, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Loggins, Sanford Townsend  Band

Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Pablo Cruise

REO Speedwagon, April Wine, Blackfoot, Michael Stanley Band

Foreigner, Triumph, 38 Special, Loverboy, Quarterflash

Ted Nugent, Heart, Cheap Trick, Journey

Beach Boys, Doobie Brothers, Firefall

Since 2000

Van Halen (w/ Hagar), Van Halen (w/Roth), Cheap Trick (5x), Foreigner, Grand Funk Railroad, Def Leppard, Poison, (2x), Brett MIchaels , B-52s, Huey Lewis (2x). Scrap Metal, Styx (3x), Night Ranger, Blue Oyster Cult, Blondie, Georgia Satellites, Ted Nugent, Joan Jett,  Ace Frehley, Slaughter (2x), Skid Row, Firehouse, Warrant ,Vince Neil, 38 Special, Steve Miller, Loverboy, REO Speedwagon, Boston, The Romantics, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Rick Derringer

Edited by MrsEVH

My first concert was Shaun Cassidy in 1977 and I'm not as ashamed to admit that as I probably should be.  I was 12 years old and my younger sister was way into him.  Also seen in the 70's was the Bee Gees.

1980's:  Foreigner with a then unknown opening act of Bryan Adams, Depeche Mode, The Producers (an awesome regional band I saw many times in college), The Alarm, Psychedelic Furs, Whitesnake, Aerosmith (one of the worst live acts ever), U2, Eric Clapton, Robert Plant, Rush, Joan Jett multiple times as an opening act, David Bowie, Kings X, the Grateful Dead, The Who on their 25th anniversary tour, the Allman Brothers.  I think that's it.

1990's:  Rush twice, Paul McCartney, AC/DC, Tina Turner twice with Cyndi Lauper as an opener one time and Chris Isaak the other, the Foo Fighters as an opener for the Red Hot Chili Peppers (and the Foos blew them out of the water), INXS, the Black Crowes, Metallica.

2000's:  Tina Turner, Elvis Costello as an opener for The Police (I was really there to see EC but both shows were incredible), the Foo Fighters, Cracker, Paul McCartney, George Clinton and PFunk, B.B King with Buddy Guy.

2010's:  Train (free concert after a baseball game), Eddie Money (free concert), Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, John Cleese and Eric Idle (okay, they're not a musical act but there was some singing involved!).

• Love 1

Growing up in So Cal and having so many great and intimate venues to choose from, there have been a few shows that were memorable for where as to opposed to who I saw.

I have seen Bowie 9 times.

Yes 10

The Tubes 12

Kansas 2

Emerson, Lake and Palmer 2

Kiss 2

Pink Floyd 2

Roger Waters 2

Genesis 2

Phil Collins 3

Peter Gabriel 3

Rush 2

B52s

Talking Heads 3

Dixie chicks

Tim and Faith

Steely Dan

The Kinks

the motels

and I can't remember

The most memorable was seeing Bowie so close to the stage I couldn't see the band. Steely Dan's return Tour, Pink Floyd's The Wall and the Animals tour.  I went to the US Festival (check that shit out, that was a total head bake) The Eagles at Anaheim Stadium - we were on the field level seats and the upper section was flexing from the people jumping up and down. I saw Peter Gabriel crowd surf the audience at the Universal Amphitheater.

The last and one of the most incredible concerts I went to see was a Floyd tribute band called "Dark Side of the Wall" they played WYWH and Animals, note for fucking note. Check them out on the interwebz, close your eyes when you listen to them.....they were even more spectacular in person.

I saw Black Sabbath again last night. Great stuff. I'd go again, if they weren't retiring. However, I think that Ozzy had a cold. There was a box of tissues on the drum riser, his voice wasn't all there, and Tony Iommi checked in with him after every song. I choose to believe it was a cold, it's better than any other issues we know he could have.

But on the bright side, Tommy Clufetos's drum solo was great. He was great all round, which wasn't a surprise. He's 36, prime of his life. Iommi was great too, never missed a note. It can't be easy, playing with artificial fingertips, but OTOH he's been playing these songs since the 70's. Every note must be engraved deep in his brain by now.

Geezer's bass during Black Sabbath itself was the creepiest doom-laden bit of music I've ever heard, and I like doom metal on the whole. It out-doomed all its imitators, as is only rightful. Awesome stuff. As I said, Ozzy wasn't 100%, but he clearly gave everything he could. I respect that.

I'm actually glad they're bowing out now. We've all heard stories about or actually seen performers who just couldn't give it up when they should have, and the results aren't pretty. It's better to go out on your own terms, and always leave the audience wanting more. Goodbye, Black Sabbath. You will will be missed.

• Love 1

Heather Nova finally returned to the U.S., and I went to see her last night.  It was every bit as good as it was in 1994.  She did a nice mix of new and old.  Oyster is my favorite of her albums, and from that I most wanted to hear Walk This World, Island, and Sugar, but figured in a fairly short set we'd only get Walk This World.  It turned out, we got all but Sugar

Speaking of long-awaited tours, I have never missed working for a record label so much as when I shelled out a ridiculous amount of money for The Dixie Chicks' final show this summer at the Hollywood Bowl.  Obscene, really.  But they're one of my favorite bands, and I haven't seen them on stage in so long, I figured I'd treat myself.

• Love 1

So many.

My favorites were Def Leppard, I've seen them 4 times, twice when the drummer had both arms and twice after his accident.

John Mellencamp, he came out and did a 3 hour show and it was great.

Aerosmith I've also seen 4 times.

I've also seen..

Madonna

Heart

Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks

Bon Jovi

Poison

Kid Rock

Pretenders

ZZ Top

Bob Segar

Bruce Springsteen

Rolling Stones

Kiss

Tom Petty/Joan Jett

Pat Benatar

Van Halen

Dixie Chicks

Police (hated it)

Aretha Franklin

Motley Crue

Eagles

There are a lot more but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Taking my kids and their friends when they were teens, I've had the "pleasure" of seeing..

Spice Girls

N Sync

Backstreet Boys

Britney Spears

Blink 182

Edited by Maharincess

I'm afraid I may have left some out but this is what came up with for now. Some of these are opening bands and some are artists I've shot video of and/or interviews with. Some are less well-known regional acts.

R.E.M. (4 times)

Indigo Girls (twice, once opening for R.E.M.)

Ramones (twice)

U2

Big Audio Dynamite (opened for U2)

Public Enemy (opened for U2)

Hoodoo Gurus

Morphine (twice)

The Smithereens (3 or 4 times)

The Samples (3 times)

Squeeze

10,000 Maniacs (3 times, once opening for Squeeze)

Living Colour

King's X (opened for Living Colour)

Tina Turner

Mr. Mister (opened for Tina Turner)

Rush

Blue Oyster Cult (opened for Rush)

Ani Difranco (twice, once shooting show and interview)

Dave Matthews Band

BoDeans (twice)

Lollapalooza 1993:

Alice in Chains

Primus

Dinosaur Jr.

Front 242

Fishbone

Arrested Development

Smashing Pumpkins

The Cult

Southern Culture on The Skids (twice)

Rev. Horton Heat (twice)

G. Love and Special Sauce (3 times)

The Replacements (twice)

Webb Wilder (twice, once shooting show and interview)

Jill Sobule (shot show and interview)

Santana (shot show and interview with Carlos Santana)

Tenacious D

The Cramps

North Mississippi All Stars

Ween

Jack Johnson

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Iggy Pop

Cracker (3 times)

Bob Dylan (3 times)

Chris Isaak

Warren Zevon

Kenny Chesney (3 times, not really my kind of music but he's my wife's favorite. He used to come to town a few years in a row and play a small club, charge $10 per ticket and donate the proceeds to charity.)

Sugarland (opened for Kenny Chesney)

Pat Green (opened for Kenny Chesney)

The Jets (went with a GF)

The Woggles (many times)

Man or Astro-Man? (probably 4 or 5 times, maybe more)

Sun Ra and his Intergalactic Arkestra

Richard Thompson (twice)

Dick Dale

Willie Nelson

B.B. King

Little Richard

Mudhoney (shot video of show)

Little Feat (shot video of show)

Billy Joe Shaver (shot video of show and interview)

Edited by Accidental Martyr

I saw PJ & Duncan in concert twice in my early teens *for those who dont know British TV presenters Ant & Dec once had a music career under thenames of the names of their character names from childrens drama Byker Grove*

S Club 7.

and Darren Hayes *I want to see Darren in concert again*

Elvis Costello, three times, once with his band, once with just Steve Nieve and once all by himself - the last one was the best birthday present ever!

INXS three different times, including twice during the same tour

The Kinks twice

Crowded House, with Paul Kelly and the Messengers (as they were known in the US) as the opening act.  Love PK so much that I wandered the wilds of west Philly to see them at the Chestnut Caberet on Halloween

Midnight Oil

two different Amnesty International mega-concerts: the final show in the Conspiracy of Hope tour, which was an all day event at Giants Stadium, and one at JFK Stadium featuring Peter Gabriel and Bruce Springsteen

Peter Gabriel

Eric Clapton

the Alarm

Deep Purple

Tommy Conwell & the Young Rumblers at various local bars

the Hooters too many times to count, mostly at the Tower Theater in Philly

Jose Carreras

I'm sure there are others.  I seemed to go to a lot of concerts in my late twenties, but these are the ones I can remember without having to look at concert tickets.  Which, yes, I kept them all.

Edited to add the Monkees, who I saw on a reunion tour with Herman's Hermits, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, and the Grass Roots.  Yeah, no Mike Nesmith, and maybe a little cheesy, but it was a lot of fun.

Edited by proserpina65
On ‎09‎/‎21‎/‎2014 at 6:13 PM, elizacat said:

I got to see Crowded House on there first tour - it was at The Horden Pavillion is Sydney and saw Paul Kelly many many times.

Some great Aussie bands over the years - Hoo Doo Gurus, Nick Cave, The Saints, INXS, Midnight Oil, Hunters and Collectors just to name a few.

The Church - how could I forget them!

I was seriously into Aussie bands for a long while.  I saw Crowded House on their first American tour, with Paul Kelly opening, and had the fortune to be in like the second row for Midnight Oil when they were supporting the Blue Sky Mining album - with Hunters and Collectors opening.  Terrific shows, both of them.

I'm immensely jealous of your lists!

George Harrison (my first concert and the one where his voice was shot--didn't matter--it was George!)

Arlo Guthrie

The Who

David Bowie

Further 

Tom Petty

Bob Dylan (3 times)

Ringo and his All Star Band

Rusted Root

Gogol Bordello (twice)

Pink Martini (who are ummm not rockers at all)

The Police

Wish list 

Paul McCartney before he retires

So the last concert I saw was the Who, back in 2005 or 6, and only because the company I worked for at the time had season tickets to the local area (mainly for sporting events), and I was able to get a couple of the seats for free.  Then I had kids, and didn't go for years because babysitting is expensive and didn't have hardly any disposable cash because kids are expensive.

My kids are now older and I have more cash, so I thought maybe we could go to some concerts again, take the kids.  But geeze, the price of the tickets is just outrageous.  $90 for 'cheap seats', which is $360 (plus whatever 'service/convenience fee' gets tacked on) for four tickets, plus parking.  I'm not even sure we'd see all that much from those seats, we'd probably be watching the monitor the whole time (at which point, why not buy a DVD of the concert or watch someone's recording on youtube on our big TV?). Even with some disposable income, that's just way too much for a couple of hours of entertainment.

I finally, after 22 years of listening to them, got to see Green Day live on Saturday. I'm still on a high that I can't get down from and am living off videos people are sharing on YouTube and Instagram - they were fantastic. Billie Joe Armstrong isn't quite as wild and insanely energetic as he's been (due to sobriety?) but damn, that hasn't taken anything away from his performance. He's bloody brilliant. Great mix of songs from the old days (even from Kerplunk) and ones from the new album, and they did Jesus of Suburbia all the way through, which was incredible. They're one hell of a band on stage.

And there was something really cathartic about belting along to American Idiot, I gotta say.

• Love 2
On 1/30/2017 at 0:50 PM, Hanahope said:

So the last concert I saw was the Who, back in 2005 or 6, and only because the company I worked for at the time had season tickets to the local area (mainly for sporting events), and I was able to get a couple of the seats for free.  Then I had kids, and didn't go for years because babysitting is expensive and didn't have hardly any disposable cash because kids are expensive.

My kids are now older and I have more cash, so I thought maybe we could go to some concerts again, take the kids.  But geeze, the price of the tickets is just outrageous.  $90 for 'cheap seats', which is $360 (plus whatever 'service/convenience fee' gets tacked on) for four tickets, plus parking.  I'm not even sure we'd see all that much from those seats, we'd probably be watching the monitor the whole time (at which point, why not buy a DVD of the concert or watch someone's recording on youtube on our big TV?). Even with some disposable income, that's just way too much for a couple of hours of entertainment.

I was having this exact conversation with someone I met today from a band website.  We were saying it was so much easier in our misspent youths to see every band that came to town.  And me, being the theatre geek, said it was also easy to see every show I wanted in NY and here in DC.  But now... I don't know how the kids do it.   I feel for them.  And I'm grateful that I have disposable income now to see the stuff I want to see.  

Even with some disposable income, that's just way too much for a couple of hours of entertainment.

Yes, and it gets even more expensive if you live in an area that rarely gets the type of acts that you want to see.  My area gets mostly country.  Soooo, in order to see a concert I have to pony up money for gas and an overnight hotel as well.  That said, I have done that on rare occasion for a special act.

We were saying it was so much easier in our misspent youths to see every band that came to town.  And me, being the theatre geek, said it was also easy to see every show I wanted in NY and here in DC. 

Yes, it is a shame that the ticket prices are now out of sight.  Are the artists greedy?  Are shows so expensive to put on now that the ticket prices have to be so high?  Is it the fact that, due to changes in the music industry, concerts are about the only way for bands to make money now?  I suspect that it is a mixture of all of the above.  Sad, whatever the reason.

Edited by Yokosmom

We were saying it was so much easier in our misspent youths to see every band that came to town.

Definitely.  I saw a ton of shows when I was young.  Some were in smaller venues, but even the big arena shows had some reasonably priced seats (around $20-30).  Course, that was also back in the days when I would get up super early to go stand in line at the local music shop with the ticketmaster/ticketron outlet to get tickets, and yeah, every so often the show would sell out quickly and I'd have to pony up $60-70 for a ticket from a scalper/"reseller" (which was still relatively reasonable).

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Hanahope said:

Some were in smaller venues, but even the big arena shows had some reasonably priced seats (around $20-30).  Course, that was also back in the days when I would get up super early to go stand in line at the local music shop with the ticketmaster/ticketron outlet to get tickets,

A while back I came across some old concert ticket stubs and one that I remember was U2's Joshua Tree tour in 1987 and how the cost of my ticket was $18.50.  I think the t-shirt I bought that night cost more than that.

Camping out for concert tickets is such a fond memory.  My bleary eyes saw some great shows that way.

• Love 4

So with our kids going to the grandparents for the summer, my husband wants to see a concert of his favorite band, Bell & Sebastian (I think that's spelled right).  I'm not really a fan, the music is just...boring to me.  But I'll go, because then I can take him to one of my concerts.  I really want to see Green Day, but the date is while we'll be away at the grandparents. crap.  My next choice was Queen with Adam Lambert, but hubby really doesn't like Adam.  Tom Petty was my next choice, but all the scalper tickets are over $200.  So, finally we agreed on Foreigner, Cheap Trick and Jason Bohnam's Led Zeppelin Experience, where we can get a decent seat for under $100 each (and at least its one band I haven't seen before).  going to see if I can get a girlfriend to go with me to Queen.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Hanahope said:

Definitely.  I saw a ton of shows when I was young.  Some were in smaller venues, but even the big arena shows had some reasonably priced seats (around $20-30).  Course, that was also back in the days when I would get up super early to go stand in line at the local music shop with the ticketmaster/ticketron outlet to get tickets, and yeah, every so often the show would sell out quickly and I'd have to pony up $60-70 for a ticket from a scalper/"reseller" (which was still relatively reasonable).

My mom and I are considering buying tickets for Queen + Adam Lambert. My mom has seen Queen before, the real thing with Freddie and she paid something like $30 for it when she was a teen. It's going to cost us $200 each to see this concert. I want to go but that just seems so wrong. I get that everything costs more now but that's a lot of money.

I normally get lucky with festivals seeing a whole bunch of acts in a short period of time but this year my local festival (Ottawa Bluesfest) has left me "meh" on the lineup. Still, I'm going to see Pink and Muse and either Tegan and Sara or Melissa Etheridge so that's something. Oh, and if anyone has opinion between Tegan and Sara or Melissa Etheridge, I'm open to hearing them because I love Tegan and Sara more but I've seen them before so I'm torn.

5 minutes ago, vibeology said:

My mom and I are considering buying tickets for Queen + Adam Lambert. My mom has seen Queen before, the real thing with Freddie and she paid something like $30 for it when she was a teen.

I saw Queen with Freddie back when I was 17 or 18 and omg, it was by far the best show I'd ever seen.  Still is.  I know Adam can't really replace Freddie, but he's pretty decent.  Still going to try for that show.  I can get ok tickets for just under $100, so it depends if I can get a friend willing to pay too.

I'd love to see Muse too, but the closest they are coming to Philly is BURGETTSTOWN, out near Pittsburgh (I had to look up where the fuck that was).  Way too far. Boo!

Edited by Hanahope
  • Blake Shelton 2014
  • Bon Jovi - 2008
  • Brad Paisley - 2008, 2010 (w/ Miranda Lambert), 2014 (w/ Randy Houser) and 2015
  • Bush - 2015
  • Depeche Mode - 1990something
  • Garth Brooks - 1995, 2008 (twice, for the CA fire benefit when he did 5 shows in 2 days) and 2016
  • Kenny Chesney / Leanne Rimes - Poets and Pirates Tour - 2008
  • Kenny Chesney / Sam Hunt / Miranda Lambert /  Old Dominon - Spread the Love Tour- 2016
  • Kenny Chesney / Tim McGraw - Brothers of the Sun - 2012
  • Kenny Chesney / Eric Church, Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves -  2013
  • Kenny Chesney / Old Dominion / ??? - Gillette Stadium 2017 (stupid excited for this)
  • Martina McBride at the fair - July 2007, 2010 (same fair)
  • Michael Buble, Marilyn Manson / Slayer and Toby Keith -  Aug 2007
  • Neil Diamond - 1980something
  • Nickelback - 2006
  • Social Distortion - 2011
  • Third Eye Blind - 2013 & 2016
  • U2 - 2010
  • Zac Brown Band - 2013

I'll be adding two new artists to my list in the next couple of months:  Tom Petty in May (I had tickets to see him about 30 years ago and don't remember why I couldn't go) and Hall and Oates with Tears For Fears in June, and I'm beyond excited about that one.

• Love 1

I just saw The Dixie Chicks over the weekend and they put on a pretty great show. One thing I didn't love was that they end their show with a cover of Ben Harper's "Better Way" and while I've heard the song before, I don't know it that well. Plus most of the crowd didn't know it so instead of a high energy, everyone on their feet into the last song moment, it was some people half-heartedly clapping while many others just left. They have so many early hits they didn't do (There's Your Trouble and I Can Love You Better come to mind) that ending with a cover was a very strange choice.

All you you blow me out of the water when going to live concerts. I have been to 2 in my almost 18 years of life. 

Colbie Caillat- 2015

Tori Kelly- 2016

You've got plenty of time, Irish Lass.  Many of those posting are, I'm guessing, somewhat to the far north of 18.

On 4/18/2017 at 8:21 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

I'll be adding two new artists to my list in the next couple of months:  Tom Petty in May (I had tickets to see him about 30 years ago and don't remember why I couldn't go) and Hall and Oates with Tears For Fears in June, and I'm beyond excited about that one.

I want to go to the Hall & Oates/Tears for Fears but can't find anyone to go with me. My "friends" suck. (I would love to see Tommy Petty too).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I want to go to the Hall & Oates/Tears for Fears but can't find anyone to go with me.

Are you uncomfortable going by yourself?

When I have a friend who likes the artist I'm going to see, I invite her/him, as it's nice to make an evening of it, but if I'm the only one who likes the performer enough to want to see the concert, schedules don't work out, or whatever, I just go alone.  The concert experience is every bit as good, so unless there's a reason you need someone with you, I encourage you to go rather than skipping something you'd like to do.  I saw Hall & Oates years ago, with Chicago, and it was a good show.  I was only a casual fan of both, and wouldn't have paid to go (this was back when I worked in the music industry), but I'm glad I went -- it was a fun experience.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I want to go to the Hall & Oates/Tears for Fears but can't find anyone to go with me. My "friends" suck. (I would love to see Tommy Petty too).

If by some magical reason you live in the Orlando area let me know as we may have an extra ticket!  Or why don't you go anyway?  I've gone to concerts by myself when no one else was interested and I didn't want to miss out, and you'd probably have fun at the show with the people sitting around you.

19 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I've been to concerts by myself and it's been worth it. Mostly days at festivals when no one else wanted to go. There's something nice about being able to go where you want, not have to worry about someone else's sightlines or if they're getting squished in the crowd. A few of my best concerts (The Killers, Lady Gaga, The Monkees, Darius Rucker, The Arkells) were solo affairs and so much fun. I'll be seeing Muse solo this year at Ottawa Bluesfest and probably Melissa Etheridge or Patti Labelle too.

• Love 1

I'm planning on seeing Rhiannon Giddens in a couple of weeks by myself since Mr. ebk is working and I don't think any of my friends are interested (although I haven't asked yet...)  If you really want to go, go!

I saw Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives on Sunday.  They were both fabulous and superlative.  This is the third time I've seen him and the second time with this band.  I'm hoping to get tickets to see Paul McCartney at MSG or the Barclay Center in September.  I also have no problem going to concerts alone. 

9 hours ago, ikmccall said:

I'm hoping to get tickets to see Paul McCartney at MSG or the Barclay Center in September.  I also have no problem going to concerts alone. 

They just announced Sir Paul is playing in Tampa in July.  Unfortunately it's a Monday night and I'm about an hour and a half from Tampa so chances are I won't be going but I've seen him live multiple times before (including once by myself many years ago) and he should not be missed.

• Love 1

Years ago my town built a cool outdoor concert venue.  It shut down after a few years due to local politics and other bullshit.  Every now and then, they talk about getting back up and running again, but it's just falling apart now.

But while it was around, I saw Blues Traveler, Third World, Los Lobos and BB King there.

BB King was awesome.  I stood out in the rain for over two hours and it was worth every second.  And apparently it was only the third time in his career that BB King had an audience stick with him through the driving rain.

• Love 1

The Roots  (several times - most recently in 2010 at a club in Sayreville, NJ)

Radiohead (Boston in 2005 and last year at Lollapalooza)

Massive Attack (2006 at Roseland Ballroom, I think)

PJ Harvey (2001 at Hammerstein Ballroom)

Craig David  (2001 - don't judge me!)

U2 (twice in NYC, once in Chicago)

The Raveonettes (2009 at Lollapalooza)

Slick Rick & MC Lyte  (first concert I ever went to, 1988 in my hometown)

I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch. What can Monday - I'm old.

Went to see Rhiannon Giddens last month.  She is amazing!

Tonight, we're going to see Paul Simon.  And as an added bonus, the weather here is spectacular, so it should be a beautiful evening on all counts!

Last Friday night we saw Tears For Fears and Hall & Oates, seemingly strange touring bedfellows but it worked for me.  I'm a big fan of both acts and going into the show was more excited about seeing H&O but I must admit TFF was the better performer as they had an energy, for lack of a better word, that H&O were missing. 

Aside from that both Roland Orzabal and Daryl Hall still have glorious hair!

• Love 1
On 2/23/2017 at 0:41 PM, Hanahope said:
On 2/23/2017 at 0:37 PM, vibeology said:

My mom and I are considering buying tickets for Queen + Adam Lambert. My mom has seen Queen before, the real thing with Freddie and she paid something like $30 for it when she was a teen.

I saw Queen with Freddie back when I was 17 or 18 and omg, it was by far the best show I'd ever seen.  Still is.  I know Adam can't really replace Freddie, but he's pretty decent.  Still going to try for that show.  I can get ok tickets for just under $100, so it depends if I can get a friend willing to pay too.

We bought tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert (well, I bought a ticket, my husband won two, so he and our daughter and I will be going).   My husband is one of those Ultimate Fans! when it comes to Queen and while he never got to see them with Freddie,  he and I saw them with Paul Rogers.  That was a great concert, but thinks Queen with Adam as a lead singer might even be better.  It's in two weeks and we can't wait! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Last Friday night we saw Tears For Fears and Hall & Oates, seemingly strange touring bedfellows but it worked for me.  I'm a big fan of both acts and going into the show was more excited about seeing H&O but I must admit TFF was the better performer as they had an energy, for lack of a better word, that H&O were missing. 

Aside from that both Roland Orzabal and Daryl Hall still have glorious hair!

Oh, I'm so jealous! That sounds awesome. 

Saw U2's, "Joshua Tree" tour a few weeks ago in Chicago. Bono and the band still have it. We were all close to the stage.

I was super young when the album came out but who doesn't know all those songs. 

My friend got tickets in  Boston but sadly sold them and I'm bummed. Would have gone in a heartbeat again!

Amazing show! 

• Love 1