Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Sand, Sun, and Spouses

• Start Topic

4 episodes & we still have to watch the rest of a wedding, night, family* brunch?!??! MAKES NO SENSE!!! They really edited them behind the other couples?! It's taking too long & it looks crazy, them being out of sync. They shouldn't have done that.

• Love 2

On those apps, people don't try or give people a chance. Maybe they prevent themselves from being with the right person or it really wasn't meant to be. I guess we'll see which is the case with Justin & Alexis. I'm leaning towards it not being meant to be because if it was meant to be they would've gotten together. Neither really wanted it whether consciously or subconsciously. Seems Justin self-sabotaged with a weak message & Alexis didn't bother proceeding because of his weak message. 🤣🤣 It's interesting seeing Alexis go along with everything. She's still annoying and I'd like to see less.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Lindy is a DPT, a clinical doctorate in physical therapy, same as my son just graduated with. His DPT school tuition + fees was close to $180k (no living expenses). The hours of school plus a year of free clinic work in the 3rd year absolutely do not allow for working. He graduated from a top-rated school, where his highest paid classmates are all making around 80k in a really really high cost of living area. About a fourth of his classmates are taking 6 months or so off before they get a job because of the rigor of the last 3+ years. DPT school is very competitive to get into, so undergrad is a slog too. Some of them even delayed taking the licensing board exam because of the intensity and stress. I wonder how long ago she finished school? If she is just working PRN jobs, she could be making a decent living still, but those loans are brutal!!

Yes, I agree with you.  I went for a long course of PT for a knee that eventually had to be replaced. 

My PT had a doctorate and always lamented that her repayment amount on those student loans was more than $1K/month!  I understood that she made about $80K/yr here in Phoenix, AZ, Cost of living here VERY HIGH!  I believe she was out of school about 4 yrs and still had a lot of pay off on those student loans! 

She was an EXCELLENT PT, by the way, married to a lawyer with 2 kids.  I got the impression that her working was not optional!  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Weighing in on student loan debt. As someone stated earlier, academic PhD students are fully funded and typically don't have any student loans. Also, in certain fields, MFA for example, masters are fully funded as well so no student loan debt after you complete the degree. Being fully funded means that your tuition and all fees are paid in full by the program and you receive a small stipend to live on. By no means will you live extravagantly with the amount of stipend you receive but you will not have any student loan debt when you finish. My daughter is currently in a PhD program and is fully funded. I finished my MFA with zero debt. Students that do have a huge amount of student loan debt when they graduate are medical students and law students or what are called "professional" degrees. Historically, it was considered ok to take out student loans for these types of graduate degree programs because when you finished you would have a high-paying job and would be able to pay the loans back.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

It appears that MAFS is trying to be a bit erotic with the Stacia/Nate shower scene (ugh) and I've never seen them showing the ladies' legs so much in past shows.  I think the feeling was that the San Diego contestants would be more attractive; hence, wanting to show more skin.  I think they all look ok, but no standouts.   And no more shower scenes, please.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I guess its better that they at least start off positive.

Krysten & Mitch All their moments together just made me cringe. I shouldn't be so harsh who not only gets married at first sight but invites a camera crew to document your first moves. Is there a point where the camera crew gets uneasy? He seemed freakishly nervous and awkward. As a 41 year old he should have the intelligence to ease the awkwardness. I have to think they've seen previous shows and should be prepared for the initial glow to quickly wear off.

The rest of the couples still on a sugar high. Takes about 48-72 hours for the crash landing...which from future previews is coming down the line.

Other than Krysten and Mitch I don't see any instant rejections. On the surface they all look closely matched.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Good to see all of the couples traveling together get along. No airplane fights. 🥴 Mitch is probably going to be the odd man out. Don't let's anyone try to pop confetti. 🤣 Most physical to least: Justin & Alexis, Nate & Stacia, Miguel & Lindy, Mitch & Krysten. Too bad Morgan & Binh missed them all joining up & chatting.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

It appears that MAFS is trying to be a bit erotic with the Stacia/Nate shower scene (ugh) and I've never seen them showing the ladies' legs so much in past shows.  I think the feeling was that the San Diego contestants would be more attractive; hence, wanting to show more skin.  I think they all look ok, but no standouts.   And no more shower scenes, please.

It seems very sexist and designed to arouse. In one season Elizabeth flung her panties down and was blurred ala Naked and a afraid.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Matty said:

Weighing in on student loan debt. As someone stated earlier, academic PhD students are fully funded and typically don't have any student loans. Also, in certain fields, MFA for example, masters are fully funded as well so no student loan debt after you complete the degree. Being fully funded means that your tuition and all fees are paid in full by the program and you receive a small stipend to live on. By no means will you live extravagantly with the amount of stipend you receive but you will not have any student loan debt when you finish. My daughter is currently in a PhD program and is fully funded. I finished my MFA with zero debt. Students that do have a huge amount of student loan debt when they graduate are medical students and law students or what are called "professional" degrees. Historically, it was considered ok to take out student loans for these types of graduate degree programs because when you finished you would have a high-paying job and would be able to pay the loans back.  

Not all MFAs are fully funded. Here’s a list of schools that offer fully funded creative writing MFAs; my ex did not go to one of them and had a lot of student loan debt from his MFA (also he was a first-generation college and grad student so didn’t know the ropes, which probably hurt him), which is tough because MFAs are not known for leading to well-paid jobs. I think fully funded masters are harder to come by. I’ve seen a lot of educators leaving the profession that lament that their school or district requires an M.Ed for certain roles but won’t pay for it.

Regardless, Lindy said she has “a lot” of student loan debt from her DPT. I assume “a lot” means tens of thousands, at least. Miguel has a Ph.D but according to his sister “makes a great living,” so whatever loans he has, if any, don’t sound like they’re a burden. 

Nate’s finances seem pretty shaky - in his shoes I’d probably want a stable job with guaranteed income in order handle whatever debts he’s incurred. Since it’s premarital debt I don’t think Stacia (or Miguel, for that matter) would be responsible for it if they divorced. (Stacia doesn’t seem inclined to pay anybody else’s bills regardless.)

I think all the couples are about equal in terms of attractiveness this season, which hasn’t been true for a couple of seasons prior (in my opinion).

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Mitch is acting like he's hot like Zach, but look at him & his pitiful hair patches. WHERE does he get the audacity??? 🥴🤣

I think he wears baldness pretty well. He’s a dick but he’s not bad-looking.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Morgan is verrry assertive. She really took control at the altar. Which, I mean, go ahead & get what you want, not like that though. ASK. Binh is definitely in the passenger seat. He better take the lead or she'll walk right over him. Is he in shock or nervous or what? I really hope he doesn't just sit back & take what comes. 🤔😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Agreed on both counts.  He prides himself on his mission and his honesty.  Well, his honesty is brutal when it doesn’t need to be.  And he’s a fanatic about his mission.   Open the poppers over the empty sink and then you can round the little papers all up and recycle them.     

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Mitch is acting like he's hot like Zach, but look at him & his pitiful hair patches. WHERE does he get the audacity??? 🥴🤣

They should have matched Mitch with Alyssa from last season...OMG

Apparently some woman don't mind baldness or even like it, she doesn't seem the least taken a back by his appearance.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

4 episodes & we still have to watch the rest of a wedding, night, family* brunch?!??! MAKES NO SENSE!!! They really edited them behind the other couples?! It's taking too long & it looks crazy, them being out of sync. They shouldn't have done that.

I believe it was out of necessity the groom tested positive for Covid.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I would look awful bald and would probably over compensate by being a gym rat.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

They should have matched Mitch with Alyssa from last season...OMG

Maybe Alyssa will DM him to hook up when Krysten has had enough rejection. Then they can carry on about how they are such F'ing good people.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I really don’t like a couple of these family members.  Especially Lindy’s  brother, who doesn’t seem to respect that Lindy  is an adult and is not ‘ under his authority’ as the religious saying  goes. 

i don’t like Miguel’s sister either.  

South Park Cartman GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s hard for me to picture Lindy being focused enough to handle the class, study, workload that  you are describing considering  how competitive it is.

I know, LOL! I could just see her in cadaver lab "I can't find the tibia! Where's the femur?" (wails, breaks down....)

8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm also curious.  Do DPT's travel like traveling nurses who are scooping up big money!

Apparently not ☹️ Son says there are travel PTs but the rates are lower than standard PRN jobs in clinics. Travel PTs are mostly used in hospitals, and they are in such chaos right now that only one person in his graduating class of 60 took a job in a hospital, saying she is just doing it for the money. I know all of his pt friends despised their hospital rotation. The big bucks are in cash-based clinics, a model I can't wrap my head around!

I was rooting for Lindy & Miguel, but her 40 minute bathroom spiral gives me no hope... I still have pre-love for him though. And I still have not forgiven Nate for StripperGate.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm also curious.  Do DPT's travel like traveling nurses who are scooping up big money

1 hour ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Apparently not ☹️ Son says there are travel PTs but the rates are lower than standard PRN jobs in clinics. Travel PTs are mostly used in hospitals, and they are in such chaos right now that only one person in his graduating class of 60 took a job in a hospital, saying she is just doing it for the money. I know all of his pt friends despised their hospital rotation. The big bucks are in cash-based clinics, a model I can't wrap my head around!

My brother is a DPT. He started off in clinics, then did the travel thing for a bit. I think he had 3-4 different stops. None of them were in hospitals, I don't believe. One was home health, and I'm pretty sure the others were in clinics. He then went back to a clinic, and now does home health again. I think he likes the flexibility and making his own schedule. I don't know anything about his student loan debt or how much he makes, but as far as I know he does just fine (he was also on furlough for a little bit during the beginning of the pandemic, and had enough savings that it wasn't an issue). We live in the same area so I have some idea of his cost of living and such.

I thought I remembered in a previous episode Lindy talking about her work and I had the impression she was in a hospital setting, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Apparently some woman don't mind baldness or even like it, she doesn't seem the least taken a back by his appearance.

This place is the first I've seen make a such a big deal about bald heads. I don't think most people care.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Ah, the cringefest continues.  Cringeworthy brides, grooms and family members being told by production to go for the jugular with the brides and grooms.   I almost would believe that when casting these people they ask if they have any weird family members so they can utilize them for these scenes for maximum drama.  Just yuck already, but what did I expect?  LOL 

We all know that when the weddings and honeymoons start off all happy-joy-joy it's only a matter of days before everything heads straight into the crapper on this show.  It seems to be the rule more and more as the seasons progress.

I started out with student loan debt but didn't expect anyone, not even my spouse to pay it off.  It came out of my own paycheck and when things got rough I had to take a second job to finance it.  With deferrals it took me almost 14 years to pay off and it came out of my hide.  I get the impression that Lindy is looking for a husband to bail her out of that before she'd ever volunteer to work a full time first job let alone a second job.  And I don't know if Miguel is the type to want to indulge her in that.

Miguel, he's another one, I'm waiting for him to become critical and difficult any minute now.  He's already said some things that don't make him look so great.  I don't see the combination of his dispassionate, factual nature combining well with Lindy's oversensitive, take everything personally temperament.  I worry about a classic thinking/feeling personality type clash and death spiral with them.  I do hope they can overcome it, though.

I just can't with Justin and Alexis.  They are headed for rockiness and do I really care at all?  Not so much, not to mention the cringey things they both say.  I just can't get past the fact that he looks like either a kid in an adult costume or even a woman.....Don't judge me, it's a visceral reaction.

Nate and Stacia, watch out when someone is too much like you, there won't be enough of a counterbalance in your relationship and you'll end up butting heads half the time.  Too much similarity is as bad as nothing in common from a relationship POV.  Once the high of the commonality wears off they may end up more friends than anything else.  But it's too soon to tell, they may actually surprise us.  I would like to think that any of these people are as mature as the line of crap they try to sell us but I am not that gullible, LOL.  They have to back it up with action and it's too soon to know if they will.  I'm not confident about that with these two yet.

Yeah, I didn't need to see that shower scene either.  I could believe that Nate was wearing swim trunks, but what was Stacia wearing?  That was conveniently not shown.  I'm assuming the cameraperson was not able to see their "naughty bits".  At least I hope not!

Mitch, ugh, first of all I don't think he's as handsome as some people think he is, and it's not the baldness either because I've no prejudice against bald men.  I've dated them and my Dad was bald.  Plus my husband is slowly balding in his old age.  Mitch's line about environmentalism being "his religion" really offended me.  It's like comparing every human atrocity to the Holocaust, dude, not a fair comparison.  You are just a wacko, don't identify your unhealthy fanaticism with religion.  I would say environmentalism is more like your CULT.  And that's as scary as it sounds.  No disrespect intended to environmentalism itself because that is a noble cause, it's Mitch that's the problem.  Krysten is swallowing a whole LOT at this point.  She's giving it the ol' college try but how long will it be before he lives up to what his family said about him and he really gets on her nerves big time?  His career and "cause" will always come before her and it's only a matter of time before he perceives it as coming between them and lashes out with nastiness.

Morgan and Binh, too soon to tell but I don't see this going so well.  I think she is one tough cookie and not necessarily in a good way from a relationship perspective - too independent and willing to walk right out at the first sign of trouble.  And he seems sweet but perhaps a little naive and clueless about relationships, plus hiding a nastier side.  We'll see if I'm right about that.  

• Like 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

This place is the first I've seen make a such a big deal about bald heads. I don't think most people care.

I don’t. Some men wear it better than others (my ex with the MFA has gone bald since I knew him and he does not wear it well, while Taye Diggs looks better bald than with hair) but I’d never not date someone because he’s bald. It happens to like 70% of men - they can’t help it. (My dad kept his hair; his dad did not.) Women lose hair too; it’s just more socially acceptable for them to wear wigs than it is for men.

Mitch’s bald and bearded look works fine for him. I find him to be better-looking than Nate, Binh, and Justin (Miguel is the best-looking, in my opinion). Binh would be better-looking with a different haircut, maybe?

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Lindz said:

30+ mins in the bathroom FOR WHAT LINDY?!!!! COME ON!!!

Lindy and Krysten in the bathroom forever.  One can’t find her pretty nitegown, the other doesn’t even know what’s she’s doing.  No organization at all.  Would take total of four minutes.  Teeth, nitegown, makeup off.  Jump in the bed.  They are behaving like teenagers.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Ah, the cringefest continues.  Cringeworthy brides, grooms and family members being told by production to go for the jugular with the brides and grooms.   I almost would believe that when casting these people they ask if they have any weird family members so they can utilize them for these scenes for maximum drama.  Just yuck already, but what did I expect?  LOL 

We all know that when the weddings and honeymoons start off all happy-joy-joy it's only a matter of days before everything heads straight into the crapper on this show.  It seems to be the rule more and more as the seasons progress.

I started out with student loan debt but didn't expect anyone, not even my spouse to pay it off.  It came out of my own paycheck and when things got rough I had to take a second job to finance it.  With deferrals it took me almost 14 years to pay off and it came out of my hide.  I get the impression that Lindy is looking for a husband to bail her out of that before she'd ever volunteer to work a full time first job let alone a second job.  And I don't know if Miguel is the type to want to indulge her in that.

Miguel, he's another one, I'm waiting for him to become critical and difficult any minute now.  He's already said some things that don't make him look so great.  I don't see the combination of his dispassionate, factual nature combining well with Lindy's oversensitive, take everything personally temperament.  I worry about a classic thinking/feeling personality type clash and death spiral with them.  I do hope they can overcome it, though.

I just can't with Justin and Alexis.  They are headed for rockiness and do I really care at all?  Not so much, not to mention the cringey things they both say.  I just can't get past the fact that he looks like either a kid in an adult costume or even a woman.....Don't judge me, it's a visceral reaction.

Nate and Stacia, watch out when someone is too much like you, there won't be enough of a counterbalance in your relationship and you'll end up butting heads half the time.  Too much similarity is as bad as nothing in common from a relationship POV.  Once the high of the commonality wears off they may end up more friends than anything else.  But it's too soon to tell, they may actually surprise us.  I would like to think that any of these people are as mature as the line of crap they try to sell us but I am not that gullible, LOL.  They have to back it up with action and it's too soon to know if they will.  I'm not confident about that with these two yet.

Yeah, I didn't need to see that shower scene either.  I could believe that Nate was wearing swim trunks, but what was Stacia wearing?  That was conveniently not shown.  I'm assuming the cameraperson was not able to see their "naughty bits".  At least I hope not!

Mitch, ugh, first of all I don't think he's as handsome as some people think he is, and it's not the baldness either because I've no prejudice against bald men.  I've dated them and my Dad was bald.  Plus my husband is slowly balding in his old age.  Mitch's line about environmentalism being "his religion" really offended me.  It's like comparing every human atrocity to the Holocaust, dude, not a fair comparison.  You are just a wacko, don't identify your unhealthy fanaticism with religion.  I would say environmentalism is more like your CULT.  And that's as scary as it sounds.  No disrespect intended to environmentalism itself because that is a noble cause, it's Mitch that's the problem.  Krysten is swallowing a whole LOT at this point.  She's giving it the ol' college try but how long will it be before he lives up to what his family said about him and he really gets on her nerves big time?  His career and "cause" will always come before her and it's only a matter of time before he perceives it as coming between them and lashes out with nastiness.

Morgan and Binh, too soon to tell but I don't see this going so well.  I think she is one tough cookie and not necessarily in a good way from a relationship perspective - too independent and willing to walk right out at the first sign of trouble.  And he seems sweet but perhaps a little naive and clueless about relationships, plus hiding a nastier side.  We'll see if I'm right about that.  

You said it all.  Especially the Student Loans.  Even tho we contributed for three kids thru college, they still took out student loans .  The three worked two jobs to get rid of them.  NOW,  Student Loans are being forgiven.  Not right, but that’s another story.  Alexis is too nice to say she’s not thrilled with Justin.  She’s a good person to pretend he’s funny.  Miguel doesn’t want a poor chatterbox who is looking to have kids ASAP and take over her loans.  I agree about the rest of them too.  It looked great in the beginning and I was looking forward to them.  Now, I see it’s all bullshit as usual.  When this show started, some of the couples were real.  Not now.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

YESSSSSSSS!!! Pastor Cal's book as Binh's gift to Morgan! I LOVE IT!!!! I wondered if I'd ever get to mention it on an episode. 😅 You'd think they'd give it to participants. I haven't read it...yet. I hope we get to see them read it. Lord knows how long I've been saying they should do bootcamp or something to successfully build their marriage and be a good spouse. How sweet that Binh used his extra time to memorize his vows. 🥰 I hope he read some relationship books. Hell. All of them should have. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I guess its better that they at least start off positive.

Krysten & Mitch All their moments together just made me cringe. I shouldn't be so harsh who not only gets married at first sight but invites a camera crew to document your first moves. Is there a point where the camera crew gets uneasy? He seemed freakishly nervous and awkward. As a 41 year old he should have the intelligence to ease the awkwardness. I have to think they've seen previous shows and should be prepared for the initial glow to quickly wear off.

The rest of the couples still on a sugar high. Takes about 48-72 hours for the crash landing...which from future previews is coming down the line.

Other than Krysten and Mitch I don't see any instant rejections. On the surface they all look closely matched.

Yes, they all looked closely matched in the beginning, and I was hopeful.  I doubt the three experts do the picking.  I think production does.  They probably have a script, what to say, what to do.  Also, let them meet the families at the wedding, not to be scrutinized the next day.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

4 episodes in & in case you forgot: Alexis has been proposed to THREE times & Justin has been celibate for a year & a half & is ****. 🤮🤮 I really hope that's the last of that.

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Lindz said:

YESSSSSSSS!!! Pastor Cal's book as Binh's gift to Morgan! I LOVE IT!!!! I wondered if I'd ever get to mention it on an episode. 😅 You'd think they'd give it to participants. I haven't read it...yet. I hope we get to see them read it. Lord knows how long I've been saying they should do bootcamp or something to successfully build their marriage and be a good spouse. How sweet that Binh used his extra time to memorize his vows. 🥰 I hope he read some relationship books. Hell. All of them should have. 

I only hope one thing.  Binh HAS to put the air conditioner on.  That in itself is grounds for divorce.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I'm surprised Stacia was the one to ask the others about sex. Miguel said he made a move & Lindy turned him down. DAMN! ALREADY?!!! TWO DAYS IN?!! Her brother will love learning that. 😅🤣 I can't believe they actually talked about their physical contact. EW! NO THANKS! Still can't get over how physical Alexis & Justin are & how long that would've taken if they'd met "normally." I think guys can "act together" so quickly, very easily. I wonder what's going on the wives' minds. The "security" of being married probably helps, but it's still gotta be strange rushing like that.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

What's Mitch's problem with the Hubby shirt??? I hope he's really NOT being like Zach & doesn't want her to call him her husband cuz that's the worst sign that he's out. GLARING RED FLAG. Gah. Why don't they ASK?!?!!! 🤨😫

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lindz said:

What's Mitch's problem with the Hubby shirt??? I hope he's really NOT being like Zach & doesn't want her to call him her husband cuz that's the worst sign that he's out. GLARING RED FLAG. Gah. Why don't they ASK?!?!!! 🤨😫

I am guessing Mitch thought the matching shirts were juvenile, which, they kind of are, but has he ever seen this show? He's a turd, but he's also 41 - contrast him with Nate throwing the shirt on and jumping in the tub in excitement - comparatively Mitch already comes across as a persnickety codger....

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Anyone else hear them saying an n in celibate, like they're saying celibant? 🥴🤣 I just know that's not the last of them talking about it, but I hope they stop soon. 😅

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

So Nate hasn't seen Stacia sleeping with her eyes open because he was busy sleeping himself? Cool. Justin heard Alexis snore AND watched her sleep. Did Justin watch her sleep because she was snoring? 🤔🤣

• LOL 1
On 7/28/2022 at 6:58 AM, kristen111 said:

I have my fingers crossed with Nate.  Unless he’s bullshitting, he looked sincere when talking about wanting a real family unit with Statia.

Unless Woody (New Orleans season in 2020) has been bullshitting us for all these years, someone who is presented as possibly an insincere player can definitely surprise us and really want the family thing (he and Amani had their first baby in June!). 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:10 AM, Empress1 said:

If Lindy had said she was in a lot of student loan debt but she’d budgeted and was paying them, fine. Her answer made me wonder if she was even paying them. If she’s not, yikes - they’re literally growing by the day.

Well said.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, Retired at last said:

Justin seems too smitten too quickly. We have seen that happen every season and it usually doesn't work out well.

I also wonder about that IRL. When people fall too quickly, it's usually a pattern, not a one-off.  And it seems like many of them know that they do it and that it doesn't often go well.  So when they just keep doing it, is it because they figure that when "the right person" comes along, that person won't mind being the target of someone else's overly-quick overly-intense feelings?  Or do they just figure, that's the way I am and there's no point in trying to change it at all?

On 7/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, Adeejay said:

That was Danielle from the Dallas season.  She had over $20K in consumer debt and wasn't the least bit remorseful.  She would fly down to Mexico or go to Europe on a whim.  .....    Bobby handled it.  Seems he is good with money, given the fact that he owned his own home at 26.  Danielle on the other hand, couldn't care less.   Now, she is a stay-at-home mom.  She is one of the luckiest women to ever grace this franchise.  

On the contrary, from what we saw of Bobby on Couples Cam, I feel like she pays for it every day of her life.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Unless Woody (New Orleans season in 2020) has been bullshitting us for all these years, someone who is presented as possibly an insincere player can definitely surprise us and really want the family thing (he and Amani had their first baby in June!). 

On 7/28/2022 at 9:10 AM, Empress1 said:

So nice to hear.  BTW, LuvMyShows said that above.  Not Empress1.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am guessing Mitch thought the matching shirts were juvenile, which, they kind of are, but has he ever seen this show? He's a turd, but he's also 41 - contrast him with Nate throwing the shirt on and jumping in the tub in excitement - comparatively Mitch already comes across as a persnickety codger....

It drove me crazy that Nate jumped in that beautiful tub with his dirty shoes on!!!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Retired at last said:

Maybe Alyssa will DM him to hook up when Krysten has had enough rejection. Then they can carry on about how they are such F'ing good people.

Mitch is not nearly as bad as Alyssa!!

There have been much worse guys on this show than Mitch.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Mitch is not nearly as bad as Alyssa!!

There have been much worse guys on this show than Mitch.

Alyssa made up shit about her groom's character and "feeling unsafe" because she did not want to give him a chance despite that being the whole premise of the show.

Mitch did seem to light up when he was sitting across from Krysten's mom.

Krysten's looked lovely without makeup. I hate to agree with Mitch, but her wedding makeup did not do her justice.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Miguel & Krysten are probably insecure about their lack of affection with their spouses compared to the other 2 couples. I vote Krysten most disappointed. Again. That's the downside of all of the couples being together. Can't wait to see the husbands & wives in their separate groups! Although, it doesn't look like they held anything back in the group meet. 🥴

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/29/2022 at 8:17 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Well said.

I also wonder about that IRL. When people fall too quickly, it's usually a pattern, not a one-off.  And it seems like many of them know that they do it and that it doesn't often go well.  So when they just keep doing it, is it because they figure that when "the right person" comes along, that person won't mind being the target of someone else's overly-quick overly-intense feelings?  Or do they just figure, that's the way I am and there's no point in trying to change it at all?

On the contrary, from what we saw of Bobby on Couples Cam, I feel like she pays for it every day of her life.

I felt like she was a spoiled brat.  He had a perfectly nice house, then she wanted better further away.  What happened on couples cam?   Did he look overwhelmed?  Looks like he keeps on pleasing her.

• Love 1

Apology if I missed it. Is no one having any thoughts about Binh's convo with his mother, pre-wedding, something along the lines of: if you find something wrong with her let me know and we'll work it out? Insane, on so many levels. I about had a seizure. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Mitch did look attracted to Krysten's mom, who had much more makeup on than Krysten, not to mention the Botox & fillers.  

He says he wants to see Krysten more natural, which I believe is code for "maybe I'll be more attracted to her if I can see what's under the makeup, as I'm not very attracted now".

But he lights up around her mom, who can barely blink from all the procedures she's had.  Which, BTW, are not environmentally friendly, there, Mitch.  😀

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Mitch did look attracted to Krysten's mom, who had much more makeup on than Krysten, not to mention the Botox & fillers.  

He says he wants to see Krysten more natural, which I believe is code for "maybe I'll be more attracted to her if I can see what's under the makeup, as I'm not very attracted now".

But he lights up around her mom, who can barely blink from all the procedures she's had.  Which, BTW, are not environmentally friendly, there, Mitch.  😀

I noticed that as well.

Heck, when the couples were gathering on the Honeymoon and talking about the first impressions at the weddings, all Mitch could say was that he saw the mother first and thought she was the bride.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

Heck, when the couples were gathering on the Honeymoon and talking about the first impressions at the weddings, all Mitch could say was that he saw the mother first and thought she was the bride.

Not only that, but when Krysten's mom asked his impression of her he said "She's uh, yeah...I don't really believe in love at first sight" or something like that. So if the only thing you can say to YOUR WIFE'S MOTHER is "you are very beautiful" but "she's uh yeah" it's never going to work no matter how much makeup she is or isn't wearing.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8