Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Sand, Sun, and Spouses

• Start Topic

Four newlywed couples, who have never met each other before, spend their first night together, sharing stories, secrets, and a bed; In the morning, each is bombarded with personal questions from their spouse's friends and family.

Airs Wednesday, July 27 at 8:00PM EDT.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Lindy's brother married? He certainly fancies himself an expert on marriage and godly sex.

All the families seemed primed (by the producers?) to drop some harsh truths. The conversations between the couples comparing their experiences so far are a lot more natural and fun.

Edited by kikicat
fixer-upper
  • Like 2
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t need the bathroom shots up the back of the women’s legs 

At least there wasn't so much of the falling-off wedding dresses this time. Instead we're getting shower erotica. Bring back the ubiquitous tooth-brushing (not really).

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really don’t like a couple of these family members.  Especially Lindy’s  brother, who doesn’t seem to respect that Lindy  is an adult and is not ‘ under his authority’ as the religious saying  goes. 

i don’t like Miguel’s sister either.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I totally forgot about Binh and Morgan! One of the girls in the dressing suite with Morgan sure had stank face. She just sat there like a bump on a log while the others were oohing and aahing over her. Must be sour grapes. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Usually not crazy about corset style, but I like Morgan's dress. Fits her well.

I liked that it was different from the others. Her makeup was also lovely. She's quite likable to me, which means I will probably hate her by next week.

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I really don’t like a couple of these family members.  Especially Lindy’s  brother, who doesn’t seem to respect that Lindy  is an adult and is not ‘ under his authority’ as the religious saying  goes. 

i don’t like Miguel’s sister either.  

I’d have said point blank “that’s none of your business” to those invasive questions. Lindy’s finances are Miguel’s business; they are not his sister’s. And Lindy’s brother is fucking creepy. Stay out of your sister’s sex life, my guy.

Mitch’s people were like “I hated him at first [SIL]” and “he’s kind of an asshole.” If I were Krysten I’d have been worried.

That shower scene was long as hell! I kept thinking “cut away! I get it!”

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I want to be young again, get married again, go on a honeymoon again.  That’s all.

You had me at "young", which implies maximum collagen and maximum amount of hair. If it had to come with another wedding ceremony and honeymoon...OK.  I feel what you're saying here, though. 

• Love 3

Stacia appears to be falling for Nate, but I think it’s too much too soon.  I don’t have a good feeling about him.  I don’t believe he is trustworthy. 

Mitch has been on his best behavior, but I can’t help but wonder how long it’s going to last.  It’s clear that he isn’t attracted to Krysten and would rather be with her mother. 

Miguel’s sister interrogating Lindy about her financial situation was way out of line.  I believe she should leave it up to her brother to decide whether he wants to take on her debts.   And to say that because one astrological sign is a Gemini and the other Cancer that it won’t work, is plain stupid. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

Once again, I don’t have a good feeling about any of these couples.  So many red, red flags!  At first I thought maybe Lindy and Miguel—they were so cute at the wedding.  But when I saw the way he was shutting down as she started to spiral (which seemed to happen fairly regularly), now I don’t think so.

Prove me wrong show!!

• Like 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Real4real said:

Once again, I don’t have a good feeling about any of these couples.  So many red, red flags!  At first I thought maybe Lindy and Miguel—they were so cute at the wedding.  But when I saw the way he was shutting down as she started to spiral (which seemed to happen fairly regularly), now I don’t think so.

Prove me wrong show!!

Agree.  On top of that, Lindy spiraling  about her mountain of student loan debt, but not willing to work 40 hours a week  wasn’t a good look.  

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 16

This episode left me feeling optimistic. Everybody's in the honeymoon phase - literally and figuratively.

I'm wondering....will there ever be an episode in which Justin doesn't mention trees or privates?!

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Mitch’s people were like “I hated him at first [SIL]” and “he’s kind of an asshole.” If I were Krysten I’d have been worried.

She was! Did you notice her neck change colors? It was bright red by the end of that brunch. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Brunch questions: "is there anything about you that our relative doesn't know yet?"

spouse: " well duh, we just got married last night, so.... like.... everything."

Next question: "well, let me invade your privacy and all sense of personal dignity by implying that you are here to fuck up my relative's very existence...."

spouse: Check please!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Maybe I’m in the minority but I actually like the couples this year.  They actually seem fun and at least made it to the beginning of the honeymoon without any drama.   I actually find myself smiling and even chuckling occasionally while watching.  At least they all seem to be open to the process and are giving their new spouses a chance. 

Miguel’s sister had such a distinct voice or accent.  Was it real or some sort of fake accent she put on?  She was so strange.  Lindy’s brother is equally strange, I don’t think these families are going to be having Christmas together if this marriage lasts.  Most people with a doctorate have a ton of student debt, I don’t think that’s anything Lindy should be ashamed of.  But she does seem to be one of those people who like to go to school indefinitely but don’t actually like to work. 

I was glad the last woman was attracted to Binh.  I think she talked too much at the ceremony but she seems genuine. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

Most people with a doctorate have a ton of student debt, I don’t think that’s anything Lindy should be ashamed of.  

Depends. Academic Ph.Ds may be funded; I have a few friends who had student loans from undergrad but their Ph.Ds were fully funded. MDs come out hundreds of thousands in the hole unless someone can pay outright. There’s a shortage of docs in lower-earning specialties because of this.

Regardless, it was completely inappropriate for Miguel’s sister to ask that question.

1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

But she does seem to be one of those people who like to go to school indefinitely but don’t actually like to work. 

This would give me pause. It reminds me of the woman who was like $15K in credit card debt with no plan to pay it - she used credit cards as an extension of her income. She was like “I know I’m in debt but I like to travel, so …”

If Lindy had said she was in a lot of student loan debt but she’d budgeted and was paying them, fine. Her answer made me wonder if she was even paying them. If she’s not, yikes - they’re literally growing by the day.

Lindy’s creepy brother made me wonder if there have been instances where the spouse dislikes their in-laws. I’d want to limit my contact with him as much as possible.

Justin saying he hadn’t given any thought to this not working out and that marriage meant it HAS to work gave me pause too. Like, sir, y’all are not trapped. Good for him for really being committed, but pump your breaks a bit. It looks like he tells Alexia he loves her while they’re still on the honeymoon (she still has her braids in) and like … fall back, do you even know her middle name yet?

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

I hope Lindy and Miguel can work out her money problems.  Did the experts know about this????  She likes studying rather then working.

I remember one of the earlier couples, still married with a girl and boy, had wifey with credit card debt!  They sat down with a plan and handled that!

Also I thought Nate was in the money but now we hear about a bankruptcy and day trading.  Yipes!  Both put you on very shaky ground!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Do any of these individuals ever require a pre-nup?  I sure would.  This could get messy.

I would too. In the “this season on …” Stacia asks Nate for a post-nup.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Do any of these individuals ever require a pre-nup?  I sure would.  This could get messy.

It’s my understanding that they sign a contract that says if they get divorced by a certain date, they can’t touch their spouse’s assets etc.  However, that does  leave them at risk in  a divorce that happens later.  Hence, Stacia’s mom suggesting a post- nuptial contract 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Agree.  On top of that, Lindy spiraling  about her mountain of student loan debt, but not willing to work 40 hours a week  wasn’t a good look.  

Also, I think she wants to get pregnant ASAP.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I would too. In the “this season on …” Stacia asks Nate for a post-nup.

Probably after he uttered bankruptcy and day trading.

I'd be shocked to learn they all don't have pre ups done before the first wedding by the show!

Nates and Lindys could pop up all the time!

• Love 3

Starting to see the sweet Miguel shell cracking - he isn't going to be anyone's sugar daddy! He also had some reactions to Lindy's constant (seemingly) long winded rambling that went nowhere. I still like him, not so much, her. (And neither of their siblings should ever be on again!)

Morgan loves her some Morgan, doesn't she? So far, she is a bit too strong willed, although they like to refer to that as 'independent.' She talked way too much and wouldn't even give Binh a chance to finish his thoughts. Glad to see that his mama was smiling during the wedding. 

Alexis is just too much for me. And seeing her on the Afterparty and her PTA mom outfit was ridiculous. Justin seems too smitten too quickly. We have seen that happen every season and it usually doesn't work out well.

I would rather have the stupid tooth brushing than the shower scene with Stacia and Nate. 

And Mitch is not the least bit attracted to his wife. She seemed a little too eager and is willing to ignore that fact. Not going to last.

From next week's previews, NONE of these are going to work. Surprise - NOT.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s my understanding that they sign a contract that says if they get divorced by a certain date, they can’t touch their spouse’s assets etc.

I'm guessing that's the best they can do, because a pre-nup requires full disclosure of each person's financial information, and as we learned last season with Steve and Noi, they definitely don't do that.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I hope Lindy and Miguel can work out her money problems.  Did the experts know about this????  She likes studying rather then working.

I'm not sure what you mean.  A person has to have a DPT in order get licensed as a physical therapist, so it's not like she was choosing studying over working when getting it.  I got the impression she has fashioned a work life that allows her to either not work fulltime, or work fulltime and take periods of time off, in order to have time to play.  I'd normally have no problem with that, except it seems incompatible with a lot of debt.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Depends. Academic Ph.Ds may be funded; I have a few friends who had student loans from undergrad but their Ph.Ds were fully funded. MDs come out hundreds of thousands in the hole unless someone can pay outright. There’s a shortage of docs in lower-earning specialties because of this.

Lindy is a DPT, a clinical doctorate in physical therapy, same as my son just graduated with. His DPT school tuition + fees was close to $180k (no living expenses). The hours of school plus a year of free clinic work in the 3rd year absolutely do not allow for working. He graduated from a top-rated school, where his highest paid classmates are all making around 80k in a really really high cost of living area. About a fourth of his classmates are taking 6 months or so off before they get a job because of the rigor of the last 3+ years. DPT school is very competitive to get into, so undergrad is a slog too. Some of them even delayed taking the licensing board exam because of the intensity and stress. I wonder how long ago she finished school? If she is just working PRN jobs, she could be making a decent living still, but those loans are brutal!!

• Useful 10
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

Lindy is a DPT, a clinical doctorate in physical therapy, same as my son just graduated with. His DPT school tuition + fees was close to $180k (no living expenses). The hours of school plus a year of free clinic work in the 3rd year absolutely do not allow for working. He graduated from a top-rated school, where his highest paid classmates are all making around 80k in a really really high cost of living area. About a fourth of his classmates are taking 6 months or so off before they get a job because of the rigor of the last 3+ years. DPT school is very competitive to get into, so undergrad is a slog too. Some of them even delayed taking the licensing board exam because of the intensity and stress. I wonder how long ago she finished school? If she is just working PRN jobs, she could be making a decent living still, but those loans are brutal!!

I know a few two-MD couples with hundreds of thousands in student loan debt. People always say “doctors make bank!” but it takes years to make good money - medical residencies are 3-7 years and residents don’t make much, and as you say, the rigor of the programs don’t allow for working (and really, it would be very hard to legally make the kind of money med school costs working part-time; I suspect there are students on OnlyFans).

In the student loan conversation that happens on social media, a lot of people are like “[shrug] I’ll have them until I die, so I’m not pressed about paying them.” I wonder if that’s Lindy’s mindset. She went from “I’ve cried over them, no one will want to marry me because of them” to “I’m focused on enjoying my life” pretty quickly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

It’s hard for me to picture Lindy being focused enough to handle the class, study, workload that  you are describing considering  how competitive it is. She seems flighty and gets herself so worked up over the slightest things.  Such as not finding whatever she was looking for  in a suitcase 

• Love 4

Lindys story!  How much student loan money does she owe?  How is she paying it back?  How many hours does she work?  Since she goes by Dr. I'm supposing she's finished with school.  Is she a full time PT or is she more on call?  How much traveling does she do?

Aside from student loans how much credit card debt does she carry?

I'm also curious.  Do DPT's travel like traveling nurses who are scooping up big money!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Man, there was so much cringe this episode! That shower scene! If I can't tell what body parts I'm looking at the camera is too close! Was the camera person in the shower with them???? If so, they deserve hazard pay! And literally anything involving Justin and Alexis! Although, I have to say, I am here for the awful/awesome weirdness of Justin and Alexis. They are my comic relief. Both of them say such dumb stuff and the constant rubbing. Justin describing his physical state upon waking the morning after the wedding and telling THE WHOLE GROUP - GAH!!!!!! Ha ha ha!!!!!

It's so bewildering that the most mature couple so far is Stacia and Nate! Most of their conversations were thoughtful and mature. Although get out of here with that "We use the same toothpaste! We're soulmates!" I guess my husband and I are doomed because we use different kinds of toothpaste and dental floss. Uh oh.......

They could have skipped Bihn and Morgan and I would have been fine. What happened here is proof that five couples is not necessary!

Mitch continues to be annoying. No poppers and refusing to put on the "Hubby" shirt. What a party pooper. He's married to a sorority gal - she is here for the matching tees and poppers! This is just a total mismatch. I think Krysten insisting that she's usually in her natural state is an overstatement. Someone who has described themself as "Elle Woods" and whose family describes as "bougie" is not all natural all the time!!! But so far, she is delightful. I like her.

Lindy is a little high strung, but I still think this is the cutest couple. Hopefully Miguel can deal with his magenta flags, and it's no harm, no foul since both sides of their families were rude and overstepping at the brunches. I think Lindy is adorable with her freckles. I hope they make it as they both seem nice and "mostly" well adjusted.

I love PV and you can bet I will be looking at that resort! It looks awesome!

• Love 9

How many times is Mitch going to tell the story that he thought Krysten's mom was his bride.  Just stop.  Nobody cares and all it does is make Krysten feel awkward (if not worse).  Mitch really does everything possible to make himself the most special snowflake ever.  Environmentalism is my religion.  I have an issue with waste/trash.  I don't want to wear the Hubby shirt that participants wear every season.  She wasn't attractive until she took off her make-up/wedding dress.  Just stop.  Think about others and their feelings once in a while instead of just yourself.

I really didn't need that shower scene (I am so glad that I record this show so I can fast-forward whenever I want).  Oh, and Morgan?  Declaring that you walked down the aisle by yourself because you're independent and strong (not really understanding what makes anyone strong of character) and then that you're committed 100% to him kind of doesn't make sense (like anything on this show makes sense...).

Lindy is a bit much.  She talks all about travel and adventure and then we find out about her debt (much like Danielle and Bobby in their season).  She also told Miguel that hopefully he will help stabilize her.  Nope.  Do NOT put that responsibility/expectation on anyone else.  Learn to control yourself if you feel you need control (and there are tons of professionals who can help, it's not like there aren't resources to help).  Anytime someone says that someone else will help them stabilize, they then go on to hate that person when they try to help.

I can hardly see all of the participants for the red flags that are waving.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 9

Biggest insecurity, Nate?!!! WTF?!!! Like, Good Morning someone I've just met, tell me something deeply personal & unpleasant. Um. No. Another inappropriate question from that side. Again. I'm surprised she engaged with it cuz she didn't really answer. & he's insecure about what? Being mixed & not being accepted? Eh. Ok.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

This would give me pause. It reminds me of the woman who was like $15K in credit card debt with no plan to pay it - she used credit cards as an extension of her income. She was like “I know I’m in debt but I like to travel, so …”

That was Danielle from the Dallas season.  She had over $20K in consumer debt and wasn't the least bit remorseful.  She would fly down to Mexico or go to Europe on a whim.  

5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I remember one of the earlier couples, still married with a girl and boy, had wifey with credit card debt!  They sat down with a plan and handled that!

Bobby handled it.  Seems he is good with money, given the fact that he owned his own home at 26.  Danielle on the other hand, couldn't care less.   Now, she is a stay-at-home mom.  She is one of the luckiest women to ever grace this franchise.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

How many times is Mitch going to tell the story that he thought Krysten's mom was his bride. 

About as many times as Alexis saying she has been proposed to three times, and Justin saying women want to see what he's packin.......

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

What'd you think when you saw your bride walking down the aisle? Mitch: I thought her mom was my bride... Cool. So. How about actually answering the question?!?!!!!! SERIOUSLYYY!!! AHHH!!!! 🤨😫

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1