Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: All Apologies

• Start Topic

I only saw part of it this week, but what is the with the Dubrow's malfunction of never letting something go? David apologized about the things he said at their hodown and not only does Terry not accept it but he then calls him a "penis"!

• Love 10

Eddie does love his food.  They are once again cooking dinner and Heather calls.  Eddie wants Tamra to tell her that they are eating dinner.  I loved how Heather had to stir the pot and say, "and Shannon said to Vicki. . . aren't we all suppose to be friends?"  Eddie seemed to express that Tamra should have been over her Bali drama.  I doubt Eddie has much of an opinion on anything.

• Love 2

Ha ha, I did laugh at the scene with Tamra on the phone acting melodramatic while Eddie is silently cooking his ground turkey in the background. Yeah, you can tell he doesn't give a shit about Tamra's histrionics.

• Love 8

Oh Miss Terry is gonna have his petticoats in a bunch and catching the vapors next episode. What a dick oops let me get all American Medical Association on this - I am penis. Miss Terry is a big, cheese emitting penis! He was just determined to be outraged. Loved that Dave did a preemptive apology seemingly even before the Dubrows got a chance to even so hello to him. David gave not one of those sorry if you were offended half ass apologies either. He gave a whole-hearted apology saying his actions were wrong and that he was sorry. Full stop period. Miss Terry was just so upset that he didn't have a chance to grandstand and appear righteously indignant over the crass comments about his wife.  He just disregards the apology and forges on. The worst of it is that he really thinks he is telling David off with that stupid penis comment. The man probably had days to plan his big moment and that was the best he could come up with. That my friends is the HW equivalent of 'jerk store' You Seinfeld fans know of what I speak. I guess what they never taught Miss Terry in med school is that once an apology has been freely and unequivocally given you either accept or reject it but to continue to browbeat the original offender who lays in front of you prostate freely admitting the wrong makes you look like a giant throbbing infected blood and pus filled hemorrhoid. 

I just want to kiss David full on the mouth (why stop there LOL!). Way to take the wind out of the Dubrow sails, which are no doubt of the highest quality silk spun by rare Alsatian silkworms.  

Why do I continue to be stunned about how gorgeously perfect Vicki's backyard looks? I fucking love it! Best one out of all the franchises. It puts all the millionaire backyards to shame. Shannon's is pretty pedestrian by comparison. Heather's former home was alright but still couldn't hold a candle to Vicki's.

That's the problem with apologies in Housewife land.  When someone apologizes, you say "I forgive you, let's forget about it", and you move on.  They can never do that, though, preferring to endlessly rehash everything and beat it to death.

I agree about Vicki's yard.  That pool with the waterfall and the grotto!

• Love 4

Eddie does love his food.  They are once again cooking dinner and Heather calls.  Eddie wants Tamra to tell her that they are eating dinner.

I rolled my eyes when Tamra was cooking pasta but said, "I'm not eating it."  We get it, Tamra.  You don't eat.  It isn't summer though, is it? 

• Love 3

Wasn't Tamra's big deal earlier this season is that she usually runs from a friendship once it hits the skids but she was being a big girl and meeting up with Heather (to destroy Shannon)?  Now she says she doesn't run away from conflict and that is why she is going to Vicki's party.  The whole time she is talking you can almost see the wheels turning in Eddie's head (no more ground turkey, real food). 

I wasn't really buying she took an earlier flight-since they were all leaving the next day-I think they intentionally segregated Tamra so Heather could get the others to talk about Tamra. 

I guess what they never taught Miss Terry in med school is that once an apology has been freely and unequivocally given you either accept or reject it but to continue to browbeat the original offender who lays in front of you prostate freely admitting the wrong makes you look like a giant throbbing infected blood and pus filled hemorrhoid.

Thing is, it isn't med school where he should've learned to accept an apology.  That lesson is typically learned in Kindergarten, where this fool Miss Terry belongs.

What a jerk.  

• Love 10

How many times do Shannon & David have to apologize for everything they've ever said, thought or done- real or imagined to the DuBrows? My God give it a rest you pompous windbags.

Heather eavesdrops on the conversation between Shannon & Vicki then only reporting back to her BFF one side. Vicki was probably crying about how Tamra lies and is trying to turn them against each other. I can't stand Heather's selective outrage.

Tamra lies or exaggerates whenever it's convenient for her. Heather's a fool for believing her about anything. Which proves she's not as intelligent as she likes to think she is.

• Love 13

I was wondering what Tamra was shoveling into that skillet. That look completely unappetizing. Did she at least season the ground turkey meat before dumping the canned of pre-made sauce on top?

At least she's heating it up, unlike Gretchen.

• Love 1

Dear Bravo,

While I am your bitch I am not a dumb bitch.  Please do not try and make this Tamra redemption happen.  That ship has long since sailed. Let the twunt drown in her own chucklefuck juices.

On another note, I am still laughing over Tamra maintaining to Eddie that she walked away from the ladies in Bali.  Girl, you ran away faster than a Lohan runs from a sobriety check.  Own it. 

I will find some way to incorporate chucklefuck juices into my life. I don't know how. LOL!  HW has such a bad influence on me. I can't stop saying Phaedra's 'fix it Jesus' to save my life. Everything from the sun being in my eyes to terrible reports of deaths and shootings on the news elicits a 'fix it Jesus' from me. I need help! 

Laughed uproariously at the tidbit that Tamra didn't just run to her hotel room suite in Bali but that little piggy ran all the way home and hopped on an earlier flight without the girls. Fucking coward! Too bad she doesn't keep her promises and I have to still look at her overly tight immobile face.

Heather's runtelldat about Shannon telling Vicki not to talk to Tamra and to stand her ground on the plane ride back was interesting. Normally I don't condone shit like that but since we are talking about Tamra here I will allow it! Tamra has one of the tightest divide,manipulate and conquer games I think I have ever seen. She was a master of that shit at Lizzie's dinner party and she would have pulled that shit at the dinner in Bali had Vicki succumbed and followed Tamra to the bathroom so I got no issue with what Shannon said. 

Eddie was surprisingly attentive and affectionate to Tamra. So weird because he has been so very dismissive and 'whatever bitch' about her all damn season long.

Nothing gets between Eddie and his ground turkey. Not Heather's phone calls and not Ryan's heart disease! LOL! Ryan could legitimately ask him the age old adage: what am I chopped liver and Eddie could answer without even lying  that Ryan isn't even on par with ground turkey.

This has been a very good season of OC. I enjoyed it much more than NYC. Can't wait for tonight. The reunion should be FIRE!!!!!!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 9

@islandgal140, I stole "chucklefuck" from Pernsnickety over on TWOP.  It is a genius word.  Fits Tamra to a T. In any event, I am sure that the word will come in handy during and after tonight's episode.

I can't believe Bravo didn't film the ladies' reactions to Tamra flying like the wind to jump on an earlier flight.  To quote nearly every HW in the universe "Who does that??"  Who would leave their group early to get on a 900 hour flight (thank you, Vicki) by yourself?  Answer:  a very guilty person.  Tamra's number was up and she knew it.  She didn't have Vicki in her corner to Whoo-hoo her out of trouble.  Only Heather and Heather wouldn't lower herself to screeching at the other ladies in the distract/deflect technique that Tamra and Vicki have mastered. 

Eddie was surprisingly attentive and affectionate to Tamra. So weird because he has been so very dismissive and 'whatever bitch' about her all damn season long.

Maybe Eddie only manages to get it up, so to speak, for the first and last epis? 

• Love 6

Dear Bravo,

While I am your bitch I am not a dumb bitch.  Please do not try and make this Tamra redemption happen.  That ship has long since sailed. Let the twunt drown in her own chucklefuck juices.

Completely agree. I wouldn't believe it possible, but as I am rewatching Lizzie's dinner party, it occurs that Vicks has largely been able to do a whole redemptive story, which is total bullshit.

Vicki has been pretty much as vile as anyone this season, but it has largely gone unnoticed, mainly because she took up for Shannon. The fact that she has pretty much talked smack about Tamra in every episode and to every other Ho'wife (well deserved, but still) while acting when she was with Tamra like all was forgiven, is astounding to me. She also talked about Heather a lot, while Heather never talked about her. She treated Lizzie horribly in the beginning, for no other reason than she was a beauty queen, something that Vicki would never consider (as if). She called Lizzie and Danielle Dumb and Dumber. The only person she didn't outright talk badly about was Shannon, although she engaged in gossip about her with Tamra (drinks too much, diminishes her husband, marriage is in big trouble). Still, somehow she gets to sit at dinner in Bali and cry her ugly tears because she thought she and Tamra had mended fences and were close again. The fact that everyone knows all of this about Vicki and still able to just look the other way and feel any empathy for her stuns. Bitch please. If Vicki can sell this narrative, so can Tamra.

• Love 7

I was wondering what Tamra was shoveling into that skillet. That look completely unappetizing. Did she at least season the ground turkey meat before dumping the canned of pre-made sauce on top?

Oh Miss Terry is gonna have his petticoats in a bunch and catching the vapors next episode. What a dick oops let me get all American Medical Association on this - I am penis. Miss Terry is a big, cheese emitting penis! He was just determined to be outraged. Loved that Dave did a preemptive apology seemingly even before the Dubrows got a chance to even so hello to him. David gave not one of those sorry if you were offended half ass apologies either. He gave a whole-hearted apology saying his actions were wrong and that he was sorry. Full stop period. Miss Terry was just so upset that he didn't have a chance to grandstand and appear righteously indignant over the crass comments about his wife.  He just disregards the apology and forges on. The worst of it is that he really thinks he is telling David off with that stupid penis comment. The man probably had days to plan his big moment and that was the best he could come up with. That my friends is the HW equivalent of 'jerk store' You Seinfeld fans know of what I speak. I guess what they never taught Miss Terry in med school is that once an apology has been freely and unequivocally given you either accept or reject it but to continue to browbeat the original offender who lays in front of you prostate freely admitting the wrong makes you look like a giant throbbing infected blood and pus filled hemorrhoid. 

I just want to kiss David full on the mouth (why stop there LOL!). Way to take the wind out of the Dubrow sails, which are no doubt of the highest quality silk spun by rare Alsatian silkworms.  

Why do I continue to be stunned about how gorgeously perfect Vicki's backyard looks? I fucking love it! Best one out of all the franchises. It puts all the millionaire backyards to shame. Shannon's is pretty pedestrian by comparison. Heather's former home was alright but still couldn't hold a candle to Vicki's.

I too covet Vicki's backyard. Love it.

• Love 5

Completely agree. I wouldn't believe it possible, but as I am rewatching Lizzie's dinner party, it occurs that Vicks has largely been able to do a whole redemptive story, which is total bullshit.

Vicki has been pretty much as vile as anyone this season, but it has largely gone unnoticed, mainly because she took up for Shannon. The fact that she has pretty much talked smack about Tamra in every episode and to every other Ho'wife (well deserved, but still) while acting when she was with Tamra like all was forgiven, is astounding to me. She also talked about Heather a lot, while Heather never talked about her. She treated Lizzie horribly in the beginning, for no other reason than she was a beauty queen, something that Vicki would never consider (as if). She called Lizzie and Danielle Dumb and Dumber. The only person she didn't outright talk badly about was Shannon, although she engaged in gossip about her with Tamra (drinks too much, diminishes her husband, marriage is in big trouble). Still, somehow she gets to sit at dinner in Bali and cry her ugly tears because she thought she and Tamra had mended fences and were close again. The fact that everyone knows all of this about Vicki and still able to just look the other way and feel any empathy for her stuns. Bitch please. If Vicki can sell this narrative, so can Tamra.

So true, Vicki has not been an angel. Her screeching is annoying too.

I too covet Vicki's backyard. Love it.

I wouldn't need to go anywhere, it would be party in my backyard every weekend!

• Love 2

I only saw part of it this week, but what is the with the Dubrow's malfunction of never letting something go? David apologized about the things he said at their hodown and not only does Terry not accept it but he then calls him a "penis"!

Why does Terry not get mad at Eddie for yelling out "Show us how you ride Terry"???  I thought that was pretty offensive, too...especially when kids are around!! 

• Love 19

I am convinced that Vicki has a carnival mirror in her bedroom, only the kind that makes you look tall and skinny, instead of short and fat...why oh why can't she hire a stylist, or at least, have an honest friend who will tell her that skin-tight and plunging necklines are never a good look for her?

• Love 11

Why does Terry not get mad at Eddie for yelling out "Show us how you ride Terry"???  I thought that was pretty offensive, too...especially when kids are around!!

Exactly! I love how bravo made sure that was shown. Can't. Stand. The Dubrows.

Tamra.... Stfu

• Love 13

I am convinced that Vicki has a carnival mirror in her bedroom, only the kind that makes you look tall and skinny, instead of short and fat...why oh why can't she hire a stylist, or at least, have an honest friend who will tell her that skin-tight and plunging necklines are never a good look for her?

Ugh, I cannot believe she wore a tight white dress yet again. Is it ever a good thing when your dress is so tight across your middle that your belly-button is clearly visable?

• Love 9

If Tamra put any more black goop on her eyes, they would disappear.  Yuk.

Is Tamra's son Ryan what they call a 'mountain man'???   Yikes.

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 5

I lost my love of Pageant girl's (who I like) hot husband when he was in the mirror deliberately fixing his hair that way. I gained it back at the dinner when he said, "Hey, I'm a construction guy." So, lose, win?

Also, I'd like to smack Terry with a thesaurus.

• Love 6

I wish David could knock the hell out of Terry. Can't stand Heather either. If I were Shannon and David, I would tell the Dubrows to shove it and never give them the time of day ever again. Forget trying to apologize to these two assholes.

• Love 11

Ugh, I cannot believe she wore a tight white dress yet again. Is it ever a good thing when your dress is so tight across your middle that your belly-button is clearly visable?

I didn't even notice that!!!  She really is a "fashion don't", isn't she?? 

• Love 3

Yeah Tamra, you told Shannon's biggest enemy her secrets.

David and Shannon are downsizing due to finance's in I'm sure. Hopefully it means less stress for David.

It's hard to deal with heavy shit when your face won't move.

Rapey Ryan found him a sugar mama! Who would have thought....

• Love 2

Well, that was pugilistic. Heather, bite me.

So...now Shannon is a boxer, according to Heather?? 

Why was Brooks talking to that raccoon in Vicki's living room? Honestly, I don't think it's wise to let wild animals into your home.

Run, everyone, run! It might be rabid...

MIGHT be??? 

• Love 5

I follow Vicki on twitter.  Just about every picture she posts is so much better than anything she wears on tv. She looks younger and much thinner on her twitter. Maybe the show has a stylist who chooses clothes. If they do the stylist must hate Vicki.

• Love 4

This

It's hard to deal with heavy shit when your face won't move.

is totally made of win. Thank you!

Also, I cannot stand Heather. I just can't stand her! How satisfying would it be to just smack her in her self-satisfied face? Or to knock her off those heels that she is always so unsteady on? Maybe there would be a domino effect, and she would knock Miss Terry over on her way down to the pavement.

And now I am sure that I have thought about this too thoroughly. Excuse me.

And Tamra, you were acting crazy when Ryan and girlfriend visited. Someone should have called an ambulance. See how that works now?

• Love 11

Aw, you guys!  I think y'all are forgetting that Terry is in the time-honored and totally not misogynistic in any conceivable way field of plastic surgery.  So obviously he doesn't treat women in a callous way like that evil construction worker David.  To him women aren't objects for men that you make offensive sexual remarks about.  They're people...that you shape into objects for other men to make offensive sexual remarks about.

(Just in case, that was sarcasm.  And I'm not suggesting that all plastic surgery is about looks and/or women, but c'mon- Terry didn't make all that money in Orange County from performing medically-necessary procedures only).

The apologies at the end make me wonder why I need a reunion.  They're filming (or re-filming) interviews after reactions to the episodes are pouring in, just let them obviously react after-the-fact in that moment instead of making them use the present tense.  I knew interviews were filmed after taping was done, I didn't realize they were after Twitter and the interwebz were active with reactions. 

And that's what I'm taking away from this season: these editors are better than I previously thought.  I know that this stuff ain't real, but I like a semblance of an illusion of reality in my reality tv.  Cutting out a character, hacking up timelines to incorporate flashbacks (showing how good you are at leaving out semi-important stuff)- this season they put it all out there.  Kinda takes away some of my fun.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 6