Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: I've Got a Sea-cret

• Start Topic

After recovering from the loss of their stabilizers, the crew contends with a guest who isn’t quiet about his complaints. Chef Dave is determined to win the guests over with his food, but their approval doesn’t come easy. The interior team fires on all cylinders and the deck crew struggles to keep their heads above water. During their first night out, Natalya presses two fellow yachties on the status of their relationship, causing things to get uncomfortable quickly.

Bravo Airdate: 07/18/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Hmm, Natasha is flirting with Jason and Dave is looking at them with daggers.

She's being touchy feely around the galley so the others think they're a couple.

Now she's upset that Dave confirmed that they've been hooking up?

Storm is being obvious about his attraction to Natalya but she has demands, like he'd have to shave his mustache and she won't live with a guy unless they have separate bedrooms.  Then she wishes for a boyfriend and that she wasn't so lonely as she litters the sea.

Whiny primary said by the second night that the food was great.  No more complaints about cinnamon or rare steak.  Then complained about the toys and yet they left a huge tip?  Guests are more and more becoming performance art on BD.

Raygan has all this experience and knowledge but they keep making her look like she's slacking.

Kyle is over the top this episode.  Will he keep it up with other guests as well?  Kyle and Natalya, who doesn't know what "extrovert" means -- put on a little show for the primary guests.  Again, this is presumably only a TV thing, not something they're used to doing on their previous real charters?

• Love 4

Seems that Sandy is hovering over the deck crew this season.  Let me guess, Raygun will be fired so Sandy can claim it's not about having a female Bosun, she just wants the best person for the job. 

Having the boat become wildly unstable if the AC overheats seems like a massive design flaw.  And why is the AC controlling the fins?  He must have meant that the AC couldn't keep the stabilizer system from overheating and shutting down but that's not how he said it.

Chef shoulda kept his mouth shut.  Never jeopardize a good thing!  And Tash is about the best he could expect to land.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Natasha loves those cameras! Really turns on the 'cute and bubbly' when they're on her.  I'm not impressed with anyone on this crew so far.  They don't seem very professional.  Sandy needs to go to her cabin with a book and let the crew do what they're supposed to be doing.  She also loves that camera time.  

I'm just off BDSailingYacht, though, so I'm spoiled for a good show.  Hopefully this one will get better.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium. 

I'm also seeing them early on the Bravo app on my AppleTV.

8 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Having the boat become wildly unstable if the AC overheats seems like a massive design flaw.  And why is the AC controlling the fins?  He must have meant that the AC couldn't keep the stabilizer system from overheating and shutting down but that's not how he said it.

I agree that this does not seem like a good advertisement for a "hybrid" boat. That was seriously scary, especially seeing the sous vide machine with the hot liquid almost sliding off the counter, while the chef was trying to keep the hot stuff on the stove from sliding off. But listening to Sandy describe the problem to the guests gave me the distinct impression that she had no clue what she was talking about.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I'm also seeing them early on the Bravo app on my AppleTV.

I agree that this does not seem like a good advertisement for a "hybrid" boat. That was seriously scary, especially seeing the sous vide machine with the hot liquid almost sliding off the counter, while the chef was trying to keep the hot stuff on the stove from sliding off. But listening to Sandy describe the problem to the guests gave me the distinct impression that she had no clue what she was talking about.

$245,000 a week to rent if you want to give it a try. Apparently as a hybrid it's 48% more efficient than your usual 50m super yacht.

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

$245,000 a week to rent if you want to give it a try. Apparently as a hybrid it's 48% more efficient than your usual 50m super yacht.

Maybe the engineers weren't used to the system.

Sandy probably doesn't know.

Worth it to save all that fuel and emissions.

You don't see these yachts spewing smoke but I've seen cruise ships in fjords just pollute the sky with a haze of smog.  Even boats that non billionaires buy can consume a lot of fuel.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

When I saw the title for this episode I thought it was going to be that Natasha and Natalya were going to come out and say that they are really twins because I'll be damned if I can tell these two apart by looking at them unless one of them has on glasses.

Edited by 65mickey
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I'll be damned if I can tell these two apart by looking at them unless one of them has on glasses.

They've got the classic "Bachelor brunette" look going on. Long wavy hair and nice teeth.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2022 at 12:20 AM, Jack Sampson said:

Seems that Sandy is hovering over the deck crew this season.  Let me guess, Raygun will be fired so Sandy can claim it's not about having a female Bosun, she just wants the best person for the job. 

I agree re: Sandy hovering. I think she just wants her image to be that of a Captain who expects top service from her crew, and will berate anyone who appears (in her eyes) not busy enough. Yet not once does she commiserate with her staff for tackling a new boat set up, enormous amounts of provisions and charter, with 2 people down. Sandy needs to pull a Lee and disappear to her cabin.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree re: Sandy hovering. I think she just wants her image to be that of a Captain who expects top service from her crew, and will berate anyone who appears (in her eyes) not busy enough. Yet not once does she commiserate with her staff for tackling a new boat set up, enormous amounts of provisions and charter, with 2 people down. Sandy needs to pull a Lee and disappear to her cabin.

Sandy and Lee need to pull a Jason and help out if they're down a crew member or two.  And her First Officer needs to help out the way Colin did.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
On 7/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, 65mickey said:

When I saw the title for this episode I thought it was going to be that Natasha and Natalya were going to come out and say that they are really twins because I'll be damned if I can tell these two apart by looking at them unless one of them has on glasses.

One of them is really hard to understand but I cannot tell you which it is.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2022 at 3:56 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

One of them is really hard to understand but I cannot tell you which it is.

I think it is Natasha? I get them confused,too.  As a Southerner (east Texas) with a pretty strong country accent I should be ashamed to say this, but I can't stand her accent!!  It's so strong and gutteral or something...  I thought at first she was from Scotland.  I'm straining to understand most of what she says.

• Love 5

I think the "AC system" that overheated and started shutting things down is the actual power plant on the boat and nothing to do with air conditioning. Hybrid uses electric and gas/diesel to power things. So the "AC system" overheating would need to shed power load and unfortunately as someone said, that is a serious design flaw if the stabilizers are one of the things it would shut down first. Think of it like using  your cell phone while charging it at the same time....it overheats and things can malfunction.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2022 at 5:14 AM, 65mickey said:

Yes, and I was very unhappy when I saw Tasha wearing glasses in her cabin.  NOW, how will I tell them apart?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

The first scene with the yacht rocking from side to side seemed really dangerous.  It was seriously de-stablized.  I would be afraid of it tipping over.  On WWHL, Sandy said that it was not uncommon for the stabilizers to malfunction.  On the episode, she mentioned that it was dangerous to crew and guests, due to the rocking, so I guess tipping over is not really an issue.  I wonder if the chef burned himself while grabbing hot pots and pans.  I noticed his hand was bandaged.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Lurk said:

I think the "AC system" that overheated and started shutting things down is the actual power plant on the boat

You're right- I think it's "alternating current" (which is what all of us use in our homes when we plug things in) rather than "air-conditioning."

If so, Sandy should have used that term with the guest, since the vast majority of people hear "air-conditioning" not "alternating current."

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I don’t understand why the loss of stabilizers caused so the boat to almost tip over. How do smaller vessels without stabilizers manage? Seems like a design flaw. I don’t know.

What percentage of the show is Natasha telling us what a great, fun, joyful, wonderful person she is? Or is that the other one?

Also thought it was weird and inappropriate to be doing a cheesy show in the guests’ cabin.

Mze is the only one I like. And Malta. I love Malta.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

This is the first episode of this I've watched and Not-Naked Raygun seems almost astonishingly bad.

In general, this crew AT THE MOMENT seems mostly normal and decent.  Although are they never able to find and emotionally stable chef, anywhere?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, 65mickey said:

I can tell them apart, but their close look a likes is going to drive me nuts this season. Plus the same body type and cute-sy demeanor. 

May I also add, that Natalya, with the glasses, looks like that awful Congresswoman, Lauren Boebert, from Colorado. So off putting. I dont want to think about her when I see Natalya.

12 minutes ago, Lassus said:

This is the first episode of this I've watched and Not-Naked Raygun seems almost astonishingly bad.

In general, this crew AT THE MOMENT seems mostly normal and decent.  Although are they never able to find and emotionally stable chef, anywhere?

Marcos ,from the most recent season of Below Deck Yachting. 

Incredibly talented, and stable, mature, with a nice personality.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 7
(edited)

I will also say this, I really get super-irritated these days when these shows are only about things going wrong and people being miserable or fighting, or deservedly unhappy with service failures, or whatever, which I have 100% stopped finding entertaining.  If I hadn't had various pets on me sleeping while this was going on, I would have turned it off and left during the part where they can't get the whatever floating dock attached.

5 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Marcos ,from the most recent season of Below Deck Yachting. 

Fair.  I was glad he didn't go sideways.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 2

Wow, a $27K tip when they were so clearly unhappy with the deck crew? I think that's the highest tip I've seen on any BD show. Then again who knows what or who really determines the tip amount, or who really pays for it.

The Dave/Natasha thing is Malia and the chef (Adam?) all over again. Especially the part where Natasha doesn't want anyone to know she and Dave hooked up on their last charter. The reason Malia didn't want anyone to know was because she was over it and moving on with someone else. I suspect Natasha has the same reason. 

But listening to Sandy describe the problem to the guests gave me the distinct impression that she had no clue what she was talking about.

Agreed - also when the engineer was explaining the situation to Sandy. Now granted, this is a new boat, but that sort of underscores the fact that Sandy is not really the captain of this boat. I buy that she's got a captain's license and has captained boats but she is only acting as captain of this particular yacht for the purpose of the show. The boat would really have its own regular captain. (Captain Glenn is really the captain of the Parsifal, by comparison.)

I wonder what happened to the last boat. Maybe the owner asked for more money, or maybe decided they didn't want Bravo abusing it anymore.

Also thought it was weird and inappropriate to be doing a cheesy show in the guests’ cabin.

Yes, I thought both Kyle and Natalya were being tacky and inappropriate with the guests with all the paraphernalia and whatnot. Just because the guests were gay doesn't mean they'll get a kick out of someone waving a dildo in their faces. Geez. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, jbu989 said:

Did anyone else think Sandy was shading Captain Glenn with her comment about never crashing a ship? 

Absolutely.

23 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Wow, a $27K tip when they were so clearly unhappy with the deck crew? I think that's the highest tip I've seen on any BD show. Then again who knows what or who really determines the tip amount, or who really pays for it.

I thought the primary overtipped because he was acting like a whiny little bitch.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yes, I thought both Kyle and Natalya were being tacky and inappropriate with the guests with all the paraphernalia and whatnot. Just because the guests were gay doesn't mean they'll get a kick out of someone waving a dildo in their faces. Geez. 

Ok I thought they had asked for a racy kinda show so I couldn't understand their confused looks when they walked into their cabin and saw Kyle and Natalya doing that weird feather thing.  

So it was the Chief Stew's idea to do that along with that pink dildo thing??  Odd.  The guests went along with it but unless they ask for something like that specifically I would think that is unprofessional and it makes me think that Nataly is trying to hard to be edgy and over the top.  Enh.  I kinda think she's annoying and makes me miss Katie from last season =(

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I came here to say EXACTLY this! What the hell, Kyle? So wildly inappropriate and unprofessional. 

• Love 7

Did anyone else think Sandy was shading Captain Glenn with her comment about never crashing a ship? 

I was thinking Captain Jason from Down Under but maybe Glenn too.

So it was the Chief Stew's idea to do that along with that pink dildo thing??  Odd.  The guests went along with it but unless they ask for something like that specifically I would think that is unprofessional and it makes me think that Nataly is trying to hard to be edgy and over the top.  Enh.  I kinda think she's annoying and makes me miss Katie from last season =(

Natalya isn't the Chief, that's Natasha. Otherwise, yeah, it was her and Kyle's idea for some weird reason. Also, Kyle took it upon himself to walk out on deck with a big pink dildo sticking out of his pants. This isn't the first time gay guests have been subjected to dildos as a joke either - it's possible it's producer influenced but I find it highly offensive and tacky. They're lucky the guests had a good sense of humor about it.

I don't miss Katie though. From what I recall she was horrible at managing her stews. Wasn't she the one who said she preferred doing extra work with just one stew than taking on and having to deal with a new stew?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ok I thought they had asked for a racy kinda show so I couldn't understand their confused looks when they walked into their cabin and saw Kyle and Natalya doing that weird feather thing.  

Oh, did they specifically ask for that and I missed it? If so, then that is definitely better. But still, in the cabins? I don’t know about that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I was thinking Captain Jason from Down Under but maybe Glenn too.

Natalya isn't the Chief, that's Natasha. Otherwise, yeah, it was her and Kyle's idea for some weird reason. Also, Kyle took it upon himself to walk out on deck with a big pink dildo sticking out of his pants. This isn't the first time gay guests have been subjected to dildos as a joke either - it's possible it's producer influenced but I find it highly offensive and tacky. They're lucky the guests had a good sense of humor about it.

I don't miss Katie though. From what I recall she was horrible at managing her stews. Wasn't she the one who said she preferred doing extra work with just one stew than taking on and having to deal with a new stew?

Natalya, Natasha I can't tell them apart.  Not only do they look the same they seem to behave the same, ugh I kinda hate them already.  

1 hour ago, Jel said:

Oh, did they specifically ask for that and I missed it? If so, then that is definitely better. But still, in the cabins? I don’t know about that.

No I think you're correct, the guests did NOT ask for that....just weird all around but having said that I still kinda like Kyle so far.  He's funny without being bitchy so we'll see

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Having enjoyed the streamed Below Deck Down Under, I cautiously approached this version. It's a freakin' messy nightmare

This is amusing to me, because after about 1.5 episodes of each, I have literally the exact opposite impression.

• LOL 1
On 7/19/2022 at 4:00 AM, dleighg said:

You're right- I think it's "alternating current" (which is what all of us use in our homes when we plug things in) rather than "air-conditioning."

If so, Sandy should have used that term with the guest, since the vast majority of people hear "air-conditioning" not "alternating current."

I'm wondering if Sandy also misunderstood the term A/C.  She made a comment about hoping for cooler weather or some kind of cool weather front (sorry, I don't remember the direct quote.)

• Love 4

So... is it a/c or aircon that caused the stabiliser problem?  In any case, what woke snowflake designed this boat?  It's doomed.

Chef grew up in Essex and it was "rough".  Are you kidding me?  What, your mother didn't cut the crusts off your cheese and cucumber sandwiches?  Not buying it, mate, I grew up in Norfolk.

If this season is going to be the Kyle/gay lecture hour, sorry, not for me.  

Captain Queeg:  "I don't hit things."  It's only episode 2, Queeg.  And you spend a lot of time making preemptive excuses.

Queeg praises the chef at the end of the episode.  What's the over/under on how soon she turns on him?

So far, definitely not impressed with this season -- most forgettable of them all to this point.  Will see what happens next week.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Well Bravo has turned this franchise into a yacht crew gone wild shit show.  Ugh I hate that the only way the crew can think of to be entertaining is to act like a bunch ot 14 year olds who have discovered sex toys and think it is funny to wave them around. Just when I think that Below Deck can't get any worse they come up with this juvenile mess.  Bring back Below Deck Down Under better crew, better captain.  

• Love 2

What was up with the editing on Checkhov’s door for Raygan/Nat-not-chief?  If someone doesn’t end up stuck in that cabin by the end of the season I’m going to be irritated.  😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

What was up with the editing on Checkhov’s door for Raygan/Nat-not-chief?  If someone doesn’t end up stuck in that cabin by the end of the season I’m going to be irritated.  😉

Hopefully Raygan will get stuck in there, as it will give her another excuse to not do any work!

• Fire 1

Is that a birthmark on the back of Chef's neck?  It looks like it could be some kind of dermatitis.  Maybe that's why he shaves his head.  I'm NOT a doctor or a dermatologist.  I'm just a person with seborrhea dermatitis that itches so badly I was tempted to shave my head.  One of the brunette stews has a more bright, sparkly blue eyes look and loves to preen for the cameras.  I don't know her name though, and they might BOTH have bright, sparkly blue eyes.

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 2