Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The trio question their neighbors at a memorial for Bunny as they attempt to get rid of evidence that could further implicate them. A relative of Bunny's shows up and proves to be more of a force than she was.

Available 6/28

(edited)

I laughed when Amy Schumer revealed she’d been in character. “So you’re not insane?” The artist who only talks in sighs is already annoying, but she got me with the metaphorical destruction. Poor Lester — he looked so sad when Oliver yelled at him. That’ll come back. ETA: Shirley MacLaine was great, and I’m totally onboard with Big Bunny. What’s this Mrs. Folger stuff?

Great opening night!

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Who is the woman in that painting? Big Bunny or Rose Cooper, would Rose Cooper really paint a picture of Charles' Father with another woman? I guess they will have to solve what happened to Rose Cooper as well as Bunny. I found Amy Schumer just as annoying this episode as last episode. I wonder what new character that has been introduced could make a convincing forgery of a Rose Cooper painting?
omitb_202_bn_01314rt.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Well, I hope it gets better.  

I loved Shirley Maclaine, and could watch her all season long.  Meh on Amy.  Poor Oscar. Almost completely forgotten. 

As Charles (I think it was) said, seconds rarely hit the same as firsts and it was true for these two episodes. For me. 

I liked the bird too, but surely Mabel would have heard that before now. 

Spoiler

I think Cara's character did it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
Spoiler

I guess you are correct but it would seem with the door closing behind them in the alley that you would have to prop open the door to the secret elevator in order to reach it from the outside. Not to be nitpicky but it would seem that others would know about this elevator seeing as it stops on just about every floor going down. Has no one been checking the backs of their closets? Also if it is secret that means that the elevator hasn't been inspected in decades. 

Edited by sjankis630
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I hope that Shirley MacLaine comes back soon, she's so awesome. 

Bunny teaching her bird to say "fuck you Oliver" knowing that she was going to leave him the bird when she died is so impressively petty, I can almost respect her for it. I liked learning a bit about her backstory and the history of the building, it being built by a creep really explains a lot about some of the buildings quirks.  

I hope that we see Oscar again even if he and Mabel aren't dating anymore. I miss him already, I like him more than the breathy artist that Mabel is going to be dating now. It would be wild if she was the killer, and every single season the murderer is one of the leads love interests. 

Amy was alright, I got some laughs, but she is trying way too hard to be wacky. Stings obvious lack of acting experience made his performance so much more fun, it felt awkward in a funny way. With Amy, you can really feel her performing too much, her brand of humor isn't meshing with the shows vibes quite yet.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Poor Lester — he looked so sad when Oliver yelled at him. That’ll come back.

Martin Short was great in that scene. His character is so bad when the pressure is on. I did chuckle over the fact that there is a bad cart just like everywhere i have ever worked that has these things.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:
  Reveal spoiler

I think Cara's character did it. 

6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:
  Reveal spoiler

Does that count since she doesn't live in the building.

6 hours ago, cardigirl said:
  Reveal spoiler

The murders are in the building.  Hee hee. The murderers don't have to be. 

2 hours ago, sjankis630 said:
  Reveal spoiler

I guess you are correct but it would seem with the door closing behind them in the alley that you would have to prop open the door to the secret elevator in order to reach it from the outside. Not to be nitpicky but it would seem that others would know about this elevator seeing as it stops on just about every floor going down. Has no one been checking the backs of their closets? Also if it is secret that means that the elevator hasn't been inspected in decades. 

Does speculation have to be spoiler-tagged now?  Or have some of you had advance access to future episodes?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Does speculation have to be spoiler-tagged now?  Or have some of you had advance access to future episodes?

I don't think there was any need for all the spoiler tags, but they are funny.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

A secret door in S1 and a secret elevator in S2. Hmm, interesting! 🤨

I love Big Bunny and her fashion! An interesting new character played by a legendary actress.

Go away Amy Schumer‼️😣

I don’t trust Howard and his black eye. Charles leaving his keys by the door? Did you put that painting in his apartment Howard?

I don’t trust Alice either. Is she just a love interest or she has some kind of involvement in the art forgery?

Rose Cooper is definitely still alive! ✳️

Cannot wait to find out more about Charles’ dad and his affairs.

ETA:

Is Leonora Folger = Rose Cooper? ✳️

✳️ - pure speculation, not a spoiler

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
Added another speculation!
  • Like 2
  • Love 13

Spoiler tags are unnecessary for speculation.

The first episode was funny, but this one was even better. It had so many good lines ("I actually knew it was your girlfriend like episode eight." "Well, I wish you woulda told me, because that would've been helpful." "Well, I wanted to see how it ended, Charles"). I cracked up at poor Leonora trying to slice the cheese. I also loved her sniffing the trio and pronouncing them innocent. She was great in general. I appreciate that she's a little cranky, but not a complete asshole.

I don't mind Cara Delevingne, and I think her acting is improved when she doesn't have to do an American accent. It's nice seeing Mabel connect with someone who might be able to help her (both emotionally and with any art-related parts of the investigation). That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Alice is trouble, not only because she could be connected to the painting but also because it would be funny if both Charles and Mabel had killer love interests.

I'm not an Amy Schumer fan, but I'm not a hater, either. I was open-minded about her being on the show. Her comedy style just doesn't fit, though. I appreciate that she's game to play an even more annoying version of herself, and I did laugh at her line about how she only jokes when she's on the clock, but overall she's been the weakest part of both episodes, for me.

After hearing Leonora's comments about how Rose's art skyrocketed in value after her mysterious death, I totally agree that she's still alive.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

This one was even better than the first.  I didn't recognize Shirley MacLaine at first, but she's just as good as ever.  I also agree on the Big Bunny nickname.

I'm indifferent to Cara Delevigne.  I think she's improved over the other things I've seen her in.  I think she's the red herring, but a little too obvious to be the murderer.  I wonder if she's involved in some art fraud scheme completely unrealted to the case, similar to the Dimas last season.  And it was a nice touch they showed up at the memorial with Dimas dip.

Amy Schumer got more screentime than in the first ep.😟  Maybe they're setting it up that she's actually super-annoying and all the characters want to get away from her.

Favorite line with Oliver and Mabel:  "That's a great line.  I wish I was recording!"   "I was...Oh god, I'm turning into you."

44 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

After hearing Leonora's comments about how Rose's art skyrocketed in value after her mysterious death, I totally agree that she's still alive.

I would agree about Rose.  And it reminds me of that old artists' joke: What's the best thing an artist can do for their career?  Die.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

I cracked up at poor Leonora trying to slice the cheese. I also loved her sniffing the trio and pronouncing them innocent. She was great in general. I appreciate that she's a little cranky, but not a complete asshole.

This is what I loved about her, she wasn't a stereotypical mean old bitch. Shirley McClain was awesome and I hope we see much more of her as opposed to Amy Schumer.

This show hasn't skipped a beat (although I'm not thrilled Oscar has been dropped so quickly). I feel like we're still looking for answers from season 1 (who poisoned Winnie?) and adding more in season 2, but it's all tied together. 

One thing that has bugged me, what floor was Bunny's apartment on? I can't figure out if her secret elevator stops on every floor or just a few.

• Love 3

Do we think the secret elevator stops at every floor because it showed Bunny's father peeping at that one woman?  I didn't understand that to be true.  It also can be secret, because there were no other entrances shown inside the building.  Maybe there are other closets that open in the back to let one get on the elevator, but I don't think it's been shown yet. In which case, the elevator could have remained pretty private. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Do we think the secret elevator stops at every floor because it showed Bunny's father peeping at that one woman? 

They showed this ticking from 7 to 6 as the trio were riding down in the elevator, so I assume it goes to all those floors!

Capture2.thumb.PNG.5085d432915568daabd4aea77ead14fd.PNG

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Emma675 I assume that Bunny's apt to be on the same floor as Mable's. But I can never remember which of our 3 lives on which floor.....

Sorry about the spoiler tags. I continued it because I messed up and thought I was on episode 1 thread there for a minute.

I did chuckle a bit when Amy Schumer told them she didn't want the fake painting and to get it out of her Sting apt. Lol

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Do we think the secret elevator stops at every floor because it showed Bunny's father peeping at that one woman?  I didn't understand that to be true.  It also can be secret, because there were no other entrances shown inside the building.  Maybe there are other closets that open in the back to let one get on the elevator, but I don't think it's been shown yet. In which case, the elevator could have remained pretty private. 

I think it stops at every floor so he can peer in; although that only lets him spy on one corner of the building instead of all of them. 

But I think it only exits at his old apartment/Bunny's current apartment and the back alley.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn it also exits on the roof. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Do we think the secret elevator stops at every floor because it showed Bunny's father peeping at that one woman?  

The Arconia architect (and peeping Tom) was Bunny’s grandfather - Archibald Carter.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pallida said:

Wild speculation - Rose got pregnant by Charles's father and that's when she "died." Alice is a descendant and is involved with the reproduction and frame job. 

I want this to be true if only so the characters real name is Alice Cooper. It's the little things.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

But I think it only exits at his old apartment/Bunny's current apartment and the back alley.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn it also exits on the roof. 

Agreed. Now I just want to remember who would be in line with Bunny's apartment. However I am having flashback to all the elevator discussion in season 1 and I'm not sure I want to go down that path.

I don't know if it would go all the way to the roof as then it would be exposed and others would be curious, but it most likely goes up to at least the top floor.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, braziliangirl said:

Could Big Bunny BE Rose Cooper? Maybe Rose Cooper can be Big Bunnys pseudonym. 

That was also my thought - with both the "oh yeah we were both having affairs with your father" and the intimate knowledge of the canvas being ripped/how it happened/why it wasn't fixed properly.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I love Leonora sniffing them and deciding they aren't the murderers. Charles' father was a real piece of work, having affairs with both Leonora and Rose Cooper. And now they have a second murder to solve, unless Rose isn't really dead, which is possible. Or maybe Leonora killed her and framed Charles' dad? 

I still don't trust Alice. She's for sure involved somehow. Could possibly have something to do with the forged painting.

It's lucky that Bunny left the bird to Oliver since the bird's apparently a witness. I bet Oliver will record the bird for the podcast.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Cranberry said:

I cracked up at poor Leonora trying to slice the cheese.

I did not recognize Shirley MacLaine! How wonderful that at 88 she is not only still working but is better than ever! 
Shirley MacLaine was not only at her own best, but she was the best actor comedian in the episode even with Martin Short and Steve Martin! 
My favorite line was her response upon being served a brown cocoa martini instead of a coco[nut water] martini:
"That looks like a cup of canal water."
(And it did!)

4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I too wondered if Leonora Folger = Rose Cooper.
But it also seemed to me that rather than Charles' father killing Rose Cooper, it would have more likely been the jealous other lover.

I'm indifferent to Amy Schumer, but maybe they can kill her off early too?

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

My favorite line was her response upon being served a brown cocoa martini instead of a coco[nut water] martini:
"That looks like a cup of canal water."
(And it did!)

I wonder why Howard is sucking up to Big Bunny. 🤔

21 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

But it also seemed to me that rather than Charles' father killing Rose Cooper, it would have more likely been the jealous other lover.

Charles’ dad was more of a Casanova than a meticulous killer. His rendezvous MO was sloppy.

If Leonora Folger = Rose Cooper, who could be the lady in the painting?

22 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm indifferent to Amy Schumer, but maybe they can kill her off early too?

They need her for Oliver’s B-plot since Mabel has her art/Alice and Charles has Brazzos reboot/daddy’s affairs.

Why can’t they cast Mindy Kaling etc. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why can’t they cast Mindy Kaling

Mindy Kaling would have been much better than AS, but I'm guessing she was too busy?

8 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I wonder why Howard is sucking up to Big Bunny. 🤔

I assumed Howard was kissing up to Big Bunny because of the $$ painting?
But Howard seemed almost too in-everyone's-face to be guilty or have something to hide, but maybe he is a killer.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:
6 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I too wondered if Leonora Folger = Rose Cooper.

I don't think Leonora Folger is Rose Cooper, because Rose Cooper wanted to get away and needed money. Leonora Folger has all of the money in the world. Rose Cooper faking her death and selling the painting could help her get away and get money. Now we need to know why Rose Cooper needed to get away and why Charles' Father was covered in blood and arrested. I thought Charles said all of his Father's crimes were petty and he was in and out of jail. Where is Charles' Mother in all of this?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

They need her for Oliver’s B-plot since Mabel has her art/Alice and Charles has Brazzos reboot/daddy’s affairs.

I get this cause they also need to keep the podcast alive, but I would have preferred something between Oliver and his son or Oliver and Nathan Lane talking about dips while he's behind bars.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Always great seeing Shirley MacLaine and I wouldn't be against seeing her character again.  And she also helped make the case/plot move forward by revealing the connection between Charles' father, the missing painter, and Bunny's mother.  Not sure what to make of it yet, but I'm sure it will be twisty!

Heh, even from the grave, Bunny literally gave Oliver "the bird."  I know it's a simple gag, but the gang dealing with this feathered, foul-mouth creature is highly amusing.  Maybe she can be featured in the podcast too!

Mixed over Amy having a significant role so far.  She made me chuckle a few times, but I just feel like it's a bit much.  To make the obvious comparison, I think the gags with Sting worked better because it was more of a throwaway gag, but it feels like this version of Amy is going to be a major player which seems kind of iffy to me.

Still think Cara Delevingne is more natural here compared to her other roles, but Alice is totally going to end up being more than meets the eye: especially since she and Mabel are possibly going to be a thing.  Not sure if she'll be the actual killer, but I have to imagine she'll be involved in all of this stuff involving the forged paintings.

As much as I love the main three and the various pairings normally, Oliver/Mabel really is becoming my favorite.  There is just something about how Martin Short's bombastic comedic style meshes with Selina Gomez's eye-rolling "You are an idiot!" reactions that is so entertaining and delightful. 

• Like 4
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

As much as I love the main three and the various pairings normally, Oliver/Mabel really is becoming my favorite.  There is just something about how Martin Short's bombastic comedic style meshes with Selina Gomez's eye-rolling "You are an idiot!" reactions that is so entertaining and delightful. 

Yeah, looking at press photos Short/Selena seem to be big time giggle buddies.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

I get this cause they also need to keep the podcast alive, but I would have preferred something between Oliver and his son or Oliver and Nathan Lane talking about dips while he's behind bars.

Oliver and Will are on good term now, no more drama I guess.

Will we be seeing Teddy and Theo Dimas again this season?

I hope we will see Sazz Pataki again. Sazz and Big Bunny together, it will be hilarious! 😆 

12 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Will we be seeing Teddy and Theo Dimas again this season?

I believe the actor who played Theo tweeted or gave and interview about being back on set. I hope it's true, but sometimes people just stop by to visit or tweet false info to confuse viewers.

And I gotta believe if they move forward with the Brazzos story that Sazz will pop up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

So happy this show is back. 

Feel a little sad about Oscar, is the actor just not on this season? Not sure how i feel about Cara D yet as Mabel's new love interest. She's effortlessly cool, anyway. 

Took me a second to realize that was Shirley MacLaine in that fabulous jacket, but omg, she's amazing. 

I was also thinking she IS Rose, but not sure that makes any sense. 

Continue to love Mabel's wardrobe. I'm not sure if it was this episode or the 1st, but she's rocking a black checked mini, tights, black docs, and a cobalt sweater in one scene and I had almost that exact outfit when I was about Selena's age, which was a LONG time ago. Sigh. I loved that outfit. And the body i had back then. And that it never really went out of style. Or maybe I'm so old it just came back around. 

Ok, why does literally everyone here hate Amy Schumer so much? I know she's kind of divisive but I didn't realize how much, apparently. I've always liked her. I loved Inside Amy Schumer, I loved Trainwreck, I LOVE her new show Life & Beth--on which, just incidentally, Michael Rappaport plays her dad-'and would recommend it to everyone, but it looks like nobody here would take me up on that. Somebody enlighten me on why she's so widely reviled? 

All that said, I'm not quite sure how I feel about her placement here. She's clearly playing a version of herself, as did Sting, and she's leaning into the campiness a little too hard maybe, but she still made me laugh. 

Edited by luna1122
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Ok, why does literally everyone here hate Amy Schumer so much? I know she's kind of divisive but I didn't realize how much, apparently. I've always liked her. I loved Inside Amy Schumer, I loved Trainwreck, I LOVE her new show Life & Beth--on which, just incidentally, Michael Rappaport plays her dad-'and would recommend it to everyone, but it looks like nobody here would take me up on that. Somebody enlighten me on why she's so widely reviled? 

II do find her funny in certain roles. Trainwreck especially. But I just think she's horribly miscast or mis directed in this role. Plus when you're going up against guest cast like Shirley Mclaine, you just can't compete. Not that they're actually competing, but I want all of Big Bunny I can get.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Feel a little sad about Oscar, is the actor just not on this season? Not sure how i feel about Cara D yet as Mabel's new love interest.

The characters of Mabel and Oscar always seemed like they were just actors being forced to make physical contact with each other for the scene.
Mabel's new love interest feels like the same indifference to me.
I totally bought Charles with Jan, so it's not the show.
Next season they should just not have Mabel involved with anyone. Hey writers, that's a thing too.

1 minute ago, Seelouis said:

Shirley MacLaine earned a guest star Emmy for sure in this episode. 

Ooo! Yes!
And now I'm making a note for next year's PrimeTimer Awards: Shirley MacLaine OMITB

And Best Ensemble Cast.
I'm loving the way Mabel is now showing a sense of Charles and Oliver being her peeps. 

I hope we get more of  Da'Vine Joy Randolph as Detective Williams and less of Amy Schumer (not a hater! {that I consciously know of}).
But I'd even rather have more of Michael Rapaport as Detective Kreps as a foil for our main trio.
Hopefully I will at least appreciate AS's part in the mystery if not her character's camera presence. Hrmm. AS does a lot of standup. Maybe she comes across better live on stage than on camera? On camera she can't see how we're reacting.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, phalange said:

I love Leonora sniffing them and deciding they aren't the murderers. 

I didn't think she was sniffing them, but looking them in the eye with her peripheral vision (due to the macular degeneration) which I thought was hilarious.

16 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

What if it's a Nat Tate situation and "Rose Cooper" never existed.

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

It cant be a coincidence that a cool sexy artist slides into Mabel's DMs the second she gets dragged into a mystery involving a missing painting and art forgery. 

Rose having "disappeared" basically guarantees that she's alive and will show up again. They might be implying that Charles's dad was the man she was trying to get away from, but I think the odds are strong it was someone else. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

What if it's a Nat Tate situation and "Rose Cooper" never existed.

A lot of people think this and I agree. I figured she lived in the Arconia but kept an apartment across the street for affairs. Someone much quicker than me of Reddit pointed out that artists often keep a separate studio area, so it really wouldn't seem strange for her only use the  apartment for however long to work and have an affair.

Definitely makes somethings complicated, but if "Rose" stuck to herself and didn't do anything to attract attention I think she could pull it off. Of course, Big Bunny would need a reason for leaving, but she seems more than able to handle that.

Edited by grandmabegum

Someone in the episode 1 thread said they were hoping Gut Milk reappears. It's mentioned in this episode by Ursula. Her description of the person seems to indicate it's Cinda or someone on her team as they all sort of look alike. Cinda certainly has the money to buy ten cases and just toss them in the trash. Not that I want more AS, but I think it would be sort of cool if she poached one of Cinda's employees to get information for her and the Gut Milk shows up in her apartment. Hey, Oliver didn't bring you tequila, but Gut Milk will get the job done just as the same.