Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I was also thinking she IS Rose, but not sure that makes any sense. 

Could be her granddaughter, or someone who grew up connected to her in some way...

15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Charles’ dad was more of a Casanova than a meticulous killer. His rendezvous MO was sloppy.

Yeah, having your kid wait outside and almost forgetting his audition script and all...

But I really love him being central to the mystery here, and the Arconia as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Why would Oliver not immediately think of his son when he gets willed the parrot? Isn't his son a vet that would probably know or know someone who would know a place that would take the bird?

Of course that's not meant to happen cause that bird has seen some stuff, but it just stuck out to me as strange.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

Why would Oliver not immediately think of his son when he gets willed the parrot? Isn't his son a vet that would probably know or know someone who would know a place that would take the bird?

Of course that's not meant to happen cause that bird has seen some stuff, but it just stuck out to me as strange.

I’m thinking the bird must be talking about something other than the actual stabbing. Birds need to hear a multi-word phrase many times before they can mimic it (and this phrase would need it to learn an answer, too.) I think Bunny taught it a secret about the painting as an insurance policy if anything happened to her. She knew Oliver was getting the bird, and the bird would give him the clue. The “Fuck off, Oliver” was still her getting a laugh from the great beyond.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

I’m thinking the bird must be talking about something other than the actual stabbing. Birds need to hear a multi-word phrase many times before they can mimic it (and this phrase would need it to learn an answer, too.) I think Bunny taught it a secret about the painting as an insurance policy if anything happened to her. She knew Oliver was getting the bird, and the bird would give him the clue. The “Fuck off, Oliver” was still her getting a laugh from the great beyond.

Interesting. Well, if she was under the assumption that Mabel would talk to Oliver (or they'd at least be working in his apartment] maybe "14 Savage" is the clue that the bird has the answer to? Wild guess, but this early in the series wild guesses are my favorite guesses.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

Interesting. Well, if she was under the assumption that Mabel would talk to Oliver (or they'd at least be working in his apartment] maybe "14 Savage" is the clue that the bird has the answer to? Wild guess, but this early in the series wild guesses are my favorite guesses.

OH! I like that idea. And I love all the early guesses, too — anything is possible!

(edited)
13 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Feel a little sad about Oscar, is the actor just not on this season? Not sure how i feel about Cara D yet as Mabel's new love interest. She's effortlessly cool, anyway. 

I don't have any behind the scenes info, but, unless the actor decided to quit, it kinda sorta reads to me as if Oscar got written out so Selena Gomez could have one of her very close friends (Delevigne) as an apparent love interest instead. To me, it makes absolutely no sense that, what, 1-2 days after the season 1 finale (when Oscar and Mabel were shown as being intimately close) and immediately after Mabel's life is upended by being implicated in a major murder, she and Oscar tacitly agree to just be friends, and Oscar is nowhere to be found. Like, what? Really? Did Oscar kill Bunny and make a run for it?

As a general comment, this sort of vibe is also why I'm not thrilled with Amy Schumer, Delevigne, and some of the other stunt-like casting. These elements, like Sting and Jane Lynch last season, veers into the show being a vehicle for a bunch of Hollywood people having a good time for the hell of it, rather than the show being a vehicle for storytelling (yes, even as a comedy). But then, I like dramedies and murder mysteries, and I'm not here for anyone in the cast, so my mileage probably varies.

3 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Right. I also doubt the bird is talking about Bunny's murder, and I think it would be terribly contrived writing if it turns out that way. IIRC, the end of season 1 established that Bunny (and Uma, I think) was a secret fan of the podcast, so, when the bird said "I know who did it," I figured the bird picked it up from Bunny talking about Tim's murder. It'd be funny if even the bird (through Bunny) knew it was Jan before the trio did.

Edited by dovegrey
grammar
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

OK, I can buy the Big Bunny = Rose Cooper theory.  But here's another possibility... Leonora and Rose were (are?) two separate people.  Despite having an affair with the same man, they were actually good friends.  (Possibly lovers.)  Rose was a starving artist, and the two came up with a plan to fake Rose's death, Leonora would sell a bunch of Rose's paintings, and then funnel the money back to Rose, where ever she was hiding.  They framed Charles' dad, because someone had to see the "dead" body and be a public suspect, or the death wouldn't get any press and Rose wouldn't become famous in death. 

Quite possible that Alice is Rose's granddaughter, who learned to paint from Rose.  And never actually knew who her grandmother was, or not at least until recently.  Rose always wanted the painting of Charles' dad, so Alice paints a duplicate and switches it at some point. 

How this all ties in with Bunny's death, framing our three for Bunny's death, putting the forgery in Charles' apartment, etc., I haven't figured out yet.  But this is my running theory. 

Shirley MacLaine was fabulous!  The whole bit with the cheese had me rolling.  I'd prefer Amy S. to be limited to short elevator conversations, but eh, whatever. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Binged Season 1 this past weekend with mom and we’re hooked! Hopping on for the ride of Season 2 and loving it so far with the exception of Amy Schumer. She’s not my cup of tea either 😂

Oliver having the post it note ‘If you are at this party you are being recorded’ taped to the dip had me cackling.

Charles already pondering if Bunny could be his sister means she isn’t -but my mind wandered there as well.

Nothing good can come from Mabel’s fingerprints all over that axe. I know Alice handed it to her but wouldn’t be shocked if she’s setting her up and had her own fingerprints burned off. 

Ran into his hutch my ass, Black Eye Cat Guy. His story ought to be good.

The mystery of Bunny’s death and Rose’s disappearance is compelling. Looking forward to seeing all the twists and turns.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Lugal said:

What if it's a Nat Tate situation and "Rose Cooper" never existed.

Another theory.

Uma said Bunny has no one, no family. Then suddenly “Leonora Folger” showed up.

If they’re not the same person, the person who came to the memorial could be Rose Cooper impersonating (the could be deceased) Leonora Folger, looking for her painting. She knew right away it’s not the original.

What if Bunny displayed the reproduction in her apartment but kept the original somewhere safe (clue: savage and 14)?

Who normally keeps a painting’s Bill of Sale - the artist or the buyer or both? Is there any transfer of copyright?

Cannot wait to see what’s Alice role in this puzzle. Mabel’s line “glad you are not a catfish” could have meant something.

Ohh, Mabel should not trust Alice on that recording of her destroying the art. It can be taken out of context, very incriminating.

12 hours ago, Lugal said:

I didn't think she was sniffing them, but looking them in the eye with her peripheral vision (due to the macular degeneration) which I thought was hilarious.

Big Bunny (or the imposter) is faking it, the macular degeneration.

The eye-sniffing and the cheese-cutting, they’re too extravagant. 🤨

14 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Ok, why does literally everyone here hate Amy Schumer so much? I know she's kind of divisive but I didn't realize how much, apparently. I've always liked her.

Some people just find Amy Schumer not funny and overrated. On top of stealing jokes, she also doesn’t take criticism very well and calls it “Misogyny”.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Nothing good can come from Mabel’s fingerprints all over that axe. I know Alice handed it to her but wouldn’t be shocked if she’s setting her up and had her own fingerprints burned off. 

There's been complaints that their relationship moved to fast because of the kiss. Sure, but I've certainly done more than kiss a complete strange on a one night stand. I don't like their chemistry, but I don't think it's fast. Someone handing me an ax has never happened (that early in a relationship}. I get it's an artsy, therapy thing but it's also a red flag.

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ran into his hutch my ass, Black Eye Cat Guy. His story ought to be good.

I get that this story is outrageous, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a flashback of Howard playing hide n seek with his cat.

47 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Uma said Bunny has no one, no family. Then suddenly “Leonora Folger” showed up.

There definitely are people who say they have no family and it can mean they don't acknowledge/are estranged from the family they do have. This could explain Leonora showing up and only caring about the painting. I wondered why Bunny lives in the apartment then since it should probably be Leonora's. But Big Bunny says she's in assisted living so maybe they had a fight about her needing to go to assisted living and that caused a rift. I remember my dad trying to get my grandma to go to assisted living cause she kept falling down and she lived alone. She fought tooth and nail to stay in her house. My family ended up fine by I can definitely see how this could end relationships.

47 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

What if Bunny displayed the reproduction in her apartment but kept the original somewhere safe (clue: savage and 14)?

This seems totally reasonable. People do this with jewelry all the time. Looking at you season one! Not worth the risk of keeping something valuable out, but wanting to have it and still look the part. 

Edited by grandmabegum
said money meant painting
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Oliver having the post it note ‘If you are at this party you are being recorded’ taped to the dip had me cackling

Oooo. I missed that——which reminds me that I discovered last season that I really want/need to watch the short episodes twice to catch all the clues and Easter eggs.

Like others mentioned, Mabel, who has now been a suspect in 2 bloody murders, letting herself be videotaped violently hacking a humanoid sculpture into smithereens, is not too smart.  
It was almost comedic. But not.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, dovegrey said:

As a general comment, this sort of vibe is also why I'm not thrilled with Amy Schumer, Delevigne, and some of the other stunt-like casting. These elements, like Sting and Jane Lynch last season, veers into the show being a vehicle for a bunch of Hollywood people having a good time for the hell of it, rather than the show being a vehicle for storytelling (yes, even as a comedy). But then, I like dramedies and murder mysteries, and I'm not here for anyone in the cast, so my mileage probably varies.

I liked your entire post, DOVEGREY, but this paragraph in particular. I loved the stellar cast of last season and saw no need for expanding the universe. Shirley MacLaine, of course, was fabulous in her role, and a great addition  (so maybe expansion wasn't all bad). Amy and Cara might prove to be good additions as well, but I would rather spend more time with the cast we had last season. I didn't get enough of them. 

I do, however, enjoy all of the Broadway actors being used in this show.  Makes it more New York, New York, and the city was a main character and a flavor of the show that I loved. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I do, however, enjoy all of the Broadway actors being used in this show.  Makes it more New York, New York, and the city was a main character and a flavor of the show that I loved. 

Would have been Newark, Newark if Oliver had his way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Don't forget to watch the "Only Murders In The Building" Aftershow "One Killer Question" also on Hulu. They have had 2 episodes so far, around 5~6 minutes each. It definitely won't give you any clues about the mystery,

It did make me think that there was more blood on Mabel's Shirt than there was on Bunny's. That might have been for exaggeration and so that you can see the writing on Bunny's sweatshirt was the name of the Podcast.

It seemed like everybody in the building was kind of hypocritical, following and enjoying the podcast while at the same time voting for them to stop making the podcast and leave the building.

You would think that Mabel's Aunt would have made some kind of contact with Mabel during all of this commotion. I still don't know if she is real, maybe Mabel is a squatter, there without her Aunt's permission.

• Useful 7

Also it is hard to know what the podcast audience might know, versus what the podcasters (Mabel, Charles, & Oliver, & us) know about the murders, because we never hear the Podcasts. Were Mabel, Charles, & Oliver stupid enough to reveal on the Podcast that Bunny was also stabbed with a knife 8 times, information that the police didn't release to the public. The killer is probably using the Podcast to steer the murder investigation down the path that they want it to go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm gonna blame insomnia and not knowing how the podcast works cause I was beyond confused by the first one episode. And my first question was "who do they get this question from?" It was certainly cute so I'll check back later after I've had my coffee.

Is there/should there be a separate thread for the podcast?

On 6/28/2022 at 7:14 PM, emma675 said:

One thing that has bugged me, what floor was Bunny's apartment on? I can't figure out if her secret elevator stops on every floor or just a few.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the old fashioned elevators simply stopped where ever you stopped them.  We saw the big lever handle on the wall - you use that to start/stop the elevator instead of pushing buttons.  So, the elevator can stop anywhere, even in between floors.  The question is, where were there elevator doors?  Just at the bottom and in Bunny's apartment, or elsewhere along the elevator shaft?  The architect could have had peepholes anywhere along the shaft, whether or not there were elevator doors to get out on those floors. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the old fashioned elevators simply stopped where ever you stopped them.  We saw the big lever handle on the wall - you use that to start/stop the elevator instead of pushing buttons.  So, the elevator can stop anywhere, even in between floors.  The question is, where were there elevator doors?  Just at the bottom and in Bunny's apartment, or elsewhere along the elevator shaft?  The architect could have had peepholes anywhere along the shaft, whether or not there were elevator doors to get out on those floors. 

I just took a sip of coffee and your comment gave me a mental image that made me choke on it. I just imagined the secret elevator as I see elevators in older movies. It's got the lever to stop and start but it also normally had an elevator operator. I thought what if Bunny had one, who was standing their post, unaware of Bunny's passing, when Mabel, Oliver and Charles burst in. This was a very funny visual to me, but I love a farce.

And I think you are right about the peephole situation. The one that we do see is behind some large clothing cabinet, so I doubt there's a door. There may be other floors that do have a door, but that one didn't appear to.

• LOL 1
On 6/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, tennisgurl said:

It cant be a coincidence that a cool sexy artist slides into Mabel's DMs the second she gets dragged into a mystery involving a missing painting and art forgery. 

That's what I'm thinking too.......She has to be involved somehow, right? Maybe Rose Cooper's granddaughter? I don't mind Cara Delevigne, and I know she's kind of known for the eyebrows, but for some reason, they are distracting to me here.....

Favorite exchanges:

"Is that a shadow or a tiny hint of his balls?" "Something wondrously weird for you to work out in future therapy" (or something close to that) I swear, there are so many moments like this and they go by so fast, I need to watch it twice!

"Who's cooler than me?" "Everyone." But seriously, if you needed someone to play it cool at the party, it would have made better sense to leave Mabel at the party and send Oliver and Charles for the painting....

"You look like someone who would have Coconut Liqueur" Loved Big Bunny - I laughed when she gave up slicing the cheese and just stabbed the whole block and bit off a piece.

And the return of Gut Milk!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

My main problem with Amy Schumer is that in the first ep especially it felt like everything came to a dead stop so Amy could do her schtick.  At least in this one, Amy's scenes involved the painting so things moved forward a little.  But it was still too much focus on her.

And speaking of the painting, what if the so-called "fake" is the only painting and there never was an original?  Big Bunny was the only one who said it was a fake and no one else would have known.  Admittedly I don't know why, but maybe it's part of her plan to get it back later, or part of a larger hoax/fraud.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

as I see elevators in older movies. It's got the lever to stop and start but it also normally had an elevator operator

Yes!!  I can remember (way, way back) being in an elevator with an operator and him telling us to stay put because the elevator didn't stop quite even with the floor and he had to adjust it. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 6/29/2022 at 9:18 PM, dovegrey said:

I don't have any behind the scenes info, but, unless the actor decided to quit, it kinda sorta reads to me as if Oscar got written out so Selena Gomez could have one of her very close friends (Delevigne) as an apparent love interest instead. To me, it makes absolutely no sense that, what, 1-2 days after the season 1 finale (when Oscar and Mabel were shown as being intimately close) and immediately after Mabel's life is upended by being implicated in a major murder, she and Oscar tacitly agree to just be friends, and Oscar is nowhere to be found. Like, what? Really? Did Oscar kill Bunny and make a run for it?

As a general comment, this sort of vibe is also why I'm not thrilled with Amy Schumer, Delevigne, and some of the other stunt-like casting. 

Agreed! I thought it was sad when Mabel said something like they’re both waiting for the “just friends” text. Oscar & Mabel’s  (very recent, show time-wise) relationship had so much backstory and seemed sweet and honest to me. It wasn’t a random hookup; the whole thing was integral to the plot. I also hope it was the actor’s choice to move on. 

No way is Big Bunny the real deal. Such disinterest in her daughter’s death and full focus on retrieving the painting? I suspect she may be Rose, but I definitely think the woman in the painting is the real Big Bunny.

I am not a fan of Amy Schumer, but y’all were making me feel bad for her! I’m glad she has at least one fan speaking up for her on this forum 😆 I actually dislike Rapaport in everything, and I’m hoping he might be knocked off early. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, RedInk said:

No way is Big Bunny the real deal. Such disinterest in her daughter’s death and full focus on retrieving the painting? I suspect she may be Rose, but I definitely think the woman in the painting is the real Big Bunny.

2 things that make me believe she's probably the real Big Bunny and why she cares more about the painting than Bunny. 1] She mentions she lives in assisted living. 2] Uma says Bunny has no family. I think her Bunny made the decision that her mom had to go to assisted living and her mother and her fought over this. She ends up going but the relationship is destroyed beyond compare. Since they would essentially be estranged I can see Bunny saying that she has no family.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

2 things that make me believe she's probably the real Big Bunny and why she cares more about the painting than Bunny. 1] She mentions she lives in assisted living. 2] Uma says Bunny has no family. I think her Bunny made the decision that her mom had to go to assisted living and her mother and her fought over this. She ends up going but the relationship is destroyed beyond compare. Since they would essentially be estranged I can see Bunny saying that she has no family.

That makes sense, but she would have to have been in assisted living for 30+ years for none of the longtime tenants to know of her existence, right? Maybe it’s just another way for them to handwave stunt casting - but no complaints from me when it’s Shirley MacLaine!

• Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, RedInk said:

she would have to have been in assisted living for 30+ years for none of the longtime tenants to know of her existence, right?

But when she shows up, no one says "Who the hell are you?"

ETA: I posted this in the media thread, but I'm not sure people are reading that thread now that the season has actually started.  It's a dynamite review from the Daily Beast. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RedInk said:

I actually dislike Rappaport in everything, and I’m hoping he’s the early celebrity death. 

Would that count as a spoiler? I’m only asking because I’m trying really hard to avoid them. If that’s being reported in the media and we can reference in the episode threads, I’ll know to stick with the speculation thread.👍

(edited)
3 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Would that count as a spoiler? I’m only asking because I’m trying really hard to avoid them. If that’s being reported in the media and we can reference in the episode threads, I’ll know to stick with the speculation thread.👍

I’ll change the wording! It’s not a spoiler…people were mentioning wanting Schumer to die next & that was just my wishful alternative 😉

Edited by RedInk
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, RedInk said:

I’ll change the wording! It’s not a spoiler…people were mentioning wanting Schumer to die next & that was just my wishful alternative 😉

Oh, ok! Thanks for clarifying. Totally understand!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, RedInk said:

That makes sense, but she would have to have been in assisted living for 30+ years for none of the longtime tenants to know of her existence, right? Maybe it’s just another way for them to handwave stunt casting - but no complaints from me when it’s Shirley MacLaine!

One of them said she was Bunny's mom, so she wasn't completely unknown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RedInk said:

Agreed! I thought it was sad when Mabel said something like they’re both waiting for the “just friends” text. Oscar & Mabel’s  (very recent, show time-wise) relationship had so much backstory and seemed sweet and honest to me. It wasn’t a random hookup; the whole thing was integral to the plot. I also hope it was the actor’s choice to move on.

It doesn't sound like it was his choice, but I haven't seen any articles that confirm it. Aaron Dominguez/Oscar hasn't apparently said anything. The linked article isn't spoilery (IMO), unless some of the early season 2 storyboarding for Oscar actually ends up happening and he turns up later. Currently, I'm a little cranky about it, with all the tee-hee Selena+Cara BFF articles popping up on my newsfeed about their "hysterical" kiss. With what you said about their backstory - yeah. It devalues a core piece of the first season, in addition to the apparent undercurrent that, if they're not sleeping together, then he's not even going to be around to support her as a friend. I hope he turns up again, though.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

It doesn't sound like it was his choice, but I haven't seen any articles that confirm it. Aaron Dominguez/Oscar hasn't apparently said anything. The linked article isn't spoilery (IMO), unless some of the early season 2 storyboarding for Oscar actually ends up happening and he turns up later. Currently, I'm a little cranky about it, with all the tee-hee Selena+Cara BFF articles popping up on my newsfeed about their "hysterical" kiss. With what you said about their backstory - yeah. It devalues a core piece of the first season, in addition to the apparent undercurrent that, if they're not sleeping together, then he's not even going to be around to support her as a friend. I hope he turns up again, though.

Yeah, after Mabel waited for years for Oscar to get out of Prison to be with him (4 weeks?), Oscar can't wait a day for Mabel to get out of jail. Maybe it is because Oscar is on Parole and can't be hanging out with all these felons.

Spoiler

Oscar's Father would have been a good suspect for the Bunny murder, if he would have snapped after the way Bunny has treated him over the years because she thought Oscar killed that "girl" and caused the girl's super rich family who owned an entire floor of the building to move out (I am not really sure what happened to Zoe's family, since they were unrealistically absent from all of first Season, either in the past when Zoe died or in the present when what really happened to Zoe emerged). Oscar's Father could have taken his revenge for years of neglect and snide comments from Bunny that were undeserved. The knitting needle might have been thrown in because Oscar's Father hates Mabel for not doing more to try to keep Oscar from going to Prison. 

• Love 3
On 6/29/2022 at 7:18 PM, dovegrey said:

Did you feel the same way about Amy Ryan and Nathan Lane last season?  Or Shirley MacLaine this one?  The show has always been full of stunt casting - even the lesser lights, like Bunny, are pretty well known actors, mostly from the stage so not Hollywood.

Oscar didn't show up last season until the fourth (?) episode or so.  Let's have a little faith that he'll be back.  I, for one, was yelling "Don't kiss her Mabel, she's too skinny!"

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Did you feel the same way about Amy Ryan and Nathan Lane last season?  Or Shirley MacLaine this one?  The show has always been full of stunt casting - even the lesser lights, like Bunny, are pretty well known actors, mostly from the stage so not Hollywood.

Oscar didn't show up last season until the fourth (?) episode or so.  Let's have a little faith that he'll be back.  I, for one, was yelling "Don't kiss her Mabel, she's too skinny!"

No, and that’s why I didn’t name them. The ones I named don’t/didn’t add value to the show, IMO (we’ll see how the current crop of stunt cast vehicle plots turn out), and the ones you named were integral to the main story. IMO, Sting and Lynch added nothing but filler and weird jokes, similar to Schumer so far. I think the Delevingne love interest role reeks of typical Hollywood cronyism at what currently appears to be the expense of another actor, and I’d be pleased to be wrong. YMMV and that’s what’s great about TV forums.

What in the world does a person’s body size have to do with kissing?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Yeah, after Mabel waited for years for Oscar to get out of Prison to be with him (4 weeks?), Oscar can't wait a day for Mabel to get out of jail. Maybe it is because Oscar is on Parole and can't be hanging out with all these felons.

Hide contents

Oscar was getting his conviction overthrown/vacated. It would have been a better line to say that he couldn’t be around them without jeopardizing his case. 100% would have bought it. 

ETA: sorry for the double post. I thought this would nestle with the other post. I suck at mobile posting LOL. 

Edited by dovegrey
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I could see it if they went for the angle of Oscar and Mabel built each other up in their own heads over the years they were separated and then when they get together, they discover the other person doesn't live up to the fantasy and the relationship fizzles.

12 hours ago, RedInk said:

Family dynamics can get messy sometimes.  My theory is still that "Rose" never actually existed at all and it's all Big Bunny.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, RedInk said:

I am not a fan of Amy Schumer, but y’all were making me feel bad for her! I’m glad she has at least one fan speaking up for her on this forum 😆 I actually dislike Rapaport in everything, and I’m hoping he might be knocked off early. 

I don't hate Amy Schumer - my husband & I might be the only people who actually liked the cooking show she did with her husband during the pandemic. I don't feel bad for the hate she gets though - she kind of invites it. I do think her trying to play "Amy Schumer" was kind of awkward - Sting actually did it better last year playing himself. I hope she is used sparingly much like Sting. As far as Michael Rapaport, did you happen to watch Atypical? He was great in that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lugal said:

could see it if they went for the angle of Oscar and Mabel built each other up in their own heads over the years they were separated and then when they get together, they discover the other person doesn't live up to the fantasy and the relationship fizzles.

That was pretty much my interpretation of what happened between Mabel and Oscar: “Absence makes the heart grow fonder[hornier]” but then they woke up and realized it wasn’t something either wanted to keep doing with the other. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3

I'm enjoying the set up and the little hints about Charles's past.  I was trying to figure out who was narrating this episode, and then of course it was Mrs. Folger.  Shirley MacLaine stole the show.  I'm curious to see more of Uma this year, as well as Howard and his kitten Sevelyn.  And Ursula was throwing file folders in the dumpster.  It's fun when everyone is sketchy enough to be a suspect.

I agree that it's a little too much of a leap for the wrongfully convicted Oscar not to be there for the wrongfully accused Mabel.  I am also old fashioned and think there should actually be a break up text, not just an anticipation of a break up text, before someone moved on.  We'll see what happens with the artist.  I could completely see her as Jan 2.0 or a red herring.  She never actually said it wasn't a cult last episode.

I have felt that Amy Schumer isn't quite meshing with the show, but it did make me laugh that her miniseries vision was Jan's perspective, and that she happened to have a bassoon there ready to go.

Bunny's parrot is an endangered species.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

I was trying to figure out who was narrating this episode, and then of course it was Mrs. Folger.  Shirley MacLaine stole the show. 

Thank you! I was wondering too. And agree about Shirley MacLaine.

I agree that it's a little too much of a leap for the wrongfully convicted Oscar not to be there for the wrongfully accused Mabel.  I am also old fashioned and think there should actually be a break up text, not just an anticipation of a break up text, before someone moved on. 

This explains why the President of my condo's board is still married, given that he "doesn't do that texting" and "doesn't do email attachments." 
Heh.

We'll see what happens with the artist.  I could completely see her as Jan 2.0 or a red herring.  She never actually said it wasn't a cult last episode.

I hope that if the artist is the killer that it is not too similar to Jan's plot line.
Good point about the possibility of a cult. Words spoken in TV shows usually relate to the plot. 

Bunny's parrot is an endangered species.

Oy.😔🦜🧸

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I missed Oscar too. I don't need him as a love interest, I just liked his character. I'm glad they finallly mentioned him thia episode but I wish Mabel had said he moved away or something because him not checking in on the three after being wrongly arrested makes no sense for his character.

Has any character brought up the fact that Bunny was dressed up in the tie-dye OMITB merchandise? No one thinks that's strange? I feel like she was probably snooping around and maybe the initial stabbing was a case of mistaken identity (since she had her hood pulled up too).

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Shorty186 said:

I missed Oscar too.

I don't miss Oscar. The only character from last season I'm missing is Teddy Dimas because actor Nathan Lane brings so much to any scene on any show. But I see on IMDb that he's very busy.

Has any character brought up the fact that Bunny was dressed up in the tie-dye OMITB merchandise? No one thinks that's strange? I feel like she was probably snooping around and maybe the initial stabbing was a case of mistaken identity (since she had her hood pulled up too).

That's a great theory. So maybe someone thought Bunny was Oscar?

(edited)

I don’t think any of the characters have yet to speculate about why Bunny was in Mabel’s apartment and/or why Bunny was wearing the tie dye sweatshirt.

At the end of last season, I was convinced that Bunny had been mistaken for Oscar (wearing a tie dye sweatshirt, hood up, in the dark, from behind, in Mabel’s apartment…), but now it’s hard to square that with Bunny’s dying words being “14 Savage” and then the Savage painting being hung in Charles’ apartment. My only thought is that, since the painting plot was put out there super early in the season, it could end up being similar to the season-long Dimas/Angel/Cutter jewelry plot being just slightly related to the murder.

As I write this, I wonder if the Dimases are out of jail and looking to revenge frame the podcast trio.

Edited to add: Or, heck, Bunny gifted the painting to Charles as a mea culpa for trying to kick them out and had it hung (or had it scheduled to be moved between apartments, with her powers as building president), went to find him and the others in Mabel's apartment that night (wearing her podcast gear to show that she was a fan), and ended up killed. The painting had nothing to do with it. I can't remember if Charles went back to his apartment between the police station scenes and discovering the painting.

Edited by dovegrey
noted
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

I missed Oscar too. I don't need him as a love interest, I just liked his character. I'm glad they finallly mentioned him thia episode but I wish Mabel had said he moved away or something because him not checking in on the three after being wrongly arrested makes no sense for his character.

It makes me think it was more of a last minute decision to either get rid of the actor or the actor wanting to leave because if not you'd think they would have come up with a better explanation.

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So maybe someone thought Bunny was Oscar?

That's good spec! 

Maybe Oscar will be back. The actor isn't listed for season 2 on IMDb but they're not always right.

5 hours ago, dovegrey said:

...At the end of last season, I was convinced that Bunny had been mistaken for Oscar (wearing a tie dye sweatshirt, hood up, in the dark, from behind, in Mabel’s apartment…), but now it’s hard to square that with Bunny’s dying words being “14 Savage” and then the Savage painting being hung in Charles’ apartment. My only thought is that, since the painting plot was put out there super early in the season, it could end up being similar to the season-long Dimas/Angel/Cutter jewelry plot being just slightly related to the murder.

As I write this, I wonder if the Dimases are out of jail and looking to revenge frame the podcast trio.

Edited to add: Or, heck, Bunny gifted the painting to Charles as a mea culpa for trying to kick them out and had it hung (or had it scheduled to be moved between apartments, with her powers as building president), went to find him and the others in Mabel's apartment that night (wearing her podcast gear to show that she was a fan), and ended up killed. The painting had nothing to do with it. I can't remember if Charles went back to his apartment between the police station scenes and discovering the painting.

All☝️ good speculations based on what we have in these first 2 episodes.

I was wondering if giving Mabel (friend of Charles) the information of "14 Savage" with her dying breath was just Bunny trying to convey some unfinished business before she died (about Charles father), which may or may not be related to the painting itself or Bunny's murder.

Shirley MacLaine was a delight in this episode. I'm not going to get my wish of more Shirley and none Amy & Tina though, am I?

What a BS excuse for not having Oscar back on the show. I mean, at least give a better reason than they're going to decide to be friends even though they were basically a new couple two days ago.

18 hours ago, Abra said:

Shirley MacLaine was a delight in this episode. I'm not going to get my wish of more Shirley and none Amy & Tina though, am I?

It's my wish too!

• Applause 2