Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: Stronger Than Hate

• Start Topic

A dinner party is thrown at the sister house in Nick’s honor. Meanwhile, Grey Sloan Memorial receives a victim of a brutal hate crime.

Airdate: 19 May 2022

I like Nick.  He is a grown up, secure and emotionally available.  Clearly this relationship is destined to fail.  

Kai was mature too, talking to Amelia and being clear she doesn’t want kids.   I think she mentioned something a few episodes ago, but this time she spelled it out…I guess because Scout and the other kids in Amelia’s life became more real to her. 

Glad Winston’s brother is gone…wonder if he will pay his debt or just run away and Winston still gets the fall out?

I have mixed feelings with how they dealt with the hate crime… it was like everyone from the cop to the residents  to the nurse we’re Asian….except the white saviour doctor.  

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Can't Bailey ever just chill out?

When she tapped on the car, I thought it was the gangsters looking for Winston’s brother. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Meredith skipped out on a party held at her house for her boyfriend. Sounds about right. 

9 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

When she tapped on the car, I thought it was the gangsters looking for Winston’s brother. 

Now I'm wondering, are there gangsters looking for Winston's brother or is this another one of his scams to get 10K out of Winston? (20K total.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 8
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I like Nick.  He is a grown up, secure and emotionally available.  Clearly this relationship is destined to fail.  

i was thinking today - what is it gonna be? Is he gonna have an Addison? There is totally a shoe dropping here. (but then I remembered the sister and the sister will probably show up and cause zeee troubles

Imma just gonna say. I feel zero for Winston and Maggie. if you are  giving someone more than 100 dollars - you need to talk to your spouse and not just do it. y'all know Wendell is shady so you think that he was gonna say "No dude,  it's all good I already got 10k from the other one?" 

Bailey, maybe if you had knocked and waited for an answer, someone would have happily greeted you. 

• Love 10
(edited)
30 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Kai was mature too, talking to Amelia and being clear she doesn’t want kids.   I think she mentioned something a few episodes ago, but this time she spelled it out…I guess because Scout and the other kids in Amelia’s life became more real to her. 

Except Kai needs to say if not wanting kids means they don't want to date Amelia or not. I kind of couldn't tell if they were telling Amelia it was over or just reiterating their point of view. Because Amelia already has a kid, that can't change. I don't think Amelia would expect Kai to change their mind, but they have to at least decide if they are okay with being around Scout. If the relationship is going somewhere, Kai would be a stepparent. 

Owen would make the comment implying Kai would change their mind, since he always told Christina she'd change her mind too. He was wrong about that.

The dinner party reminded me how incestuous all the relationships on the show are. Kai was hanging out with two of Amelia's exes, Teddy was chatting with Lincoln, who used to date Teddy's husband's ex, it is all very messy. 

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

except the white saviour doctor

The Sun is always the savior, no other doctor is as special. It was ridiculous that she was even there. The hospital was staffed & she had a house full of people. 

25 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I found him like a block of wood most of this season but I now that he's with people other than Meredith there's some life in him. He's growing on me, I liked him tonight.

Glad Winston's brother is gone. Hoping nothing more comes of the story - he scammed them for an extra 10K and now he's gone.

Bailey tapping on the car window seemed like a callback to Bailey saying "move this tail wagon" to Meredith and Derek in the car way back when. IIRC she didn't have fun at that party either, lol. 

I hope they manage to bring a bit of joy in the 2 hour finale since it's the 400th episode. A little celebration & happiness for the characters would be a welcome change. But it's Grey's so there will probably a volcanic eruption as a plane crashes across the street from the hospital as the hospital falls into a sinkhole. Then The Sun will save 400 patients all by herself. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So Schmidt is back to work and in the operating room with no repercussions for killing a patient and refusing to come to work/dodging calls from his boss for weeks/months?

why are we surprised? Izzie stole a heart. She barely had any repercussions either. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Was that the first time in 18 years?

I've been rewatching on Netflix.  I know she also briefly speaks at the party at Jackson's where they have the small fire.  I give the actress credit.  She's made herself a very real presence on the show.

37 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I hope they manage to bring a bit of joy in the 2 hour finale since it's the 400th episode. A little celebration & happiness for the characters would be a welcome change. But it's Grey's so there will probably a volcanic eruption as a plane crashes across the street from the hospital as the hospital falls into a sinkhole. Then The Sun will save 400 patients all by herself. 

And, of course, they will need Station 19 to cross over and rescue everyone, except whatever interns/residents didn't make the cut for next season.

28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So Schmidt is back to work and in the operating room with no repercussions for killing a patient and refusing to come to work/dodging calls from his boss for weeks/months?

Heck, Ben Warren expressed almost no remorse for unnecessarily performing surgery on a pregnant mother, killing both she and her baby, and only got a six month suspension, which he whined his way through.  Of course, the suspension was later cut short. 

Now I'm wondering, are there gangsters looking for Winston's brother or is this another one of his scams to get 10K out of Winston? (20K total.)

I'm thinking there were no gangsters, and it was just another scam. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm thinking there were no gangsters, and it was just another scam. 

I agree. I spent the whole episode waiting for a gang of thugs to spray bullets through the house, leading to the 400th episode being the usual Grey's finale episode of who will live and who will die. I was pleasantly surprised when no violence happened and it appears Wendall was just scamming Maggie and Winston and now is off with 20 grand to scam other victims.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I agree. I spent the whole episode waiting for a gang of thugs to spray bullets through the house, leading to the 400th episode being the usual Grey's finale episode of who will live and who will die. I was pleasantly surprised when it no violence happened and it appears Wendall was just scamming Maggie and Winston and now is off with 20 grand to scam other victims.

I want to know in what form they gave him the money? I doubt it was cash...can they cancel one or both of the transactions?

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I want to know in what form they gave him the money? I doubt it was cash...can they cancel one or both of the transactions?

I was thinking it was by check, but, although I'm an old fogey who still uses checks, it's been my experience that the young'uns use Venmo or some other type of automatic cash transfer.

• Love 2

Hopefully this means we've seen the last of Kai. Just because someone is non-binary doesn't mean they have to be non-personality. Never liked the character and I'm still pissed off they ruined Amelia and Linc. Even if the intention is for them to eventually reconcile it's still ruined IMO. Now he's going to be all confused about Jo and it's a big mess. Thanks, show. 

I have mixed feelings with how they dealt with the hate crime… it was like everyone from the cop to the residents  to the nurse we’re Asian….except the white saviour doctor.  

Good Lord, the dialogue in the surgery scene was so awful. It was so stilted and so didactic, it played out exactly like the writers lecturing the audience about racism. Subtlety isn't even in this show's wheelhouse.

Meredith skipped out on a party held at her house for her boyfriend. Sounds about right. 

What was the point of that, exactly? What are they trying to say here? There was no reason why Meredith - specifically - had to stay because of that emergency patient. Is it that she's addicted  . . . to being a martyr? Is it that work will always come first for her? Is it that she doesn't know how to have a home life? I honestly don't get why she thought she had to stay and what the writers were doing.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Good Lord, the dialogue in the surgery scene was so awful. It was so stilted and so didactic, it played out exactly like the writers lecturing the audience about racism. Subtlety isn't even in this show's wheelhouse.

Somehow Mer's "I'm so sorry" to the other staff working on the patient just before she left the room rubbed me the wrong way. It sounded more like she was talking to the family members at a funeral than fellow medical professionals working on a complete stranger.

(Not to dismiss or minimize how they might be affected by treating the victim of a hate crime against someone that looks like them, but it just seemed...out of place? I dunno...not quite sure the words I'm looking for.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Somehow Mer's "I'm so sorry" to the other staff working on the patient just before she left the room rubbed me the wrong way. It sounded more like she was talking to the family members at a funeral than fellow medical professionals working on a complete stranger.

(Not to dismiss or minimize how they might be affected by treating the victim of a hate crime against someone that looks like them, but it just seemed...out of place? I dunno...not quite sure the words I'm looking for.)

Yes, it was quite condescending.  Was she apologizing on behalf of white people?

And Teddie said the right thing to Link…do not give Jo false hope and torpedo her relationship just because you want her back, but not in a romantic way….of course, I paraphrased.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What was the point of that, exactly? What are they trying to say here? There was no reason why Meredith - specifically - had to stay because of that emergency patient. Is it that she's addicted  . . . to being a martyr? Is it that work will always come first for her? Is it that she doesn't know how to have a home life? I honestly don't get why she thought she had to stay and what the writers were doing.

I think they're saying that she is like her mother and work will always come first with her.  That's why it seems crazy to me that she would even think of moving anywhere.  Who will take care of her kids when she's no longer with this hospital village raising her children?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 15

I totally thought the gangsters were real. I was expecting a drive by shooting when Wendell was sitting outside. (Did I say "expecting?" I meant "hoping for.") I still expect that he'll end up dead and Winston will get a phone call to identify the body.

Amelia telling Maggie that she and Kai were late because they had sex twice was just tiresome. Amelia you're a grown ass woman. Not everyone needs to know when you have sex. These people are so emotionally stunted.

I don't know what Kai's problem was but whatever, I'm glad they're gone.

I want Linc in charge of the grill always.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, marceline said:

Amelia telling Maggie that she and Kai were late because they had sex twice was just tiresome. Amelia you're a grown ass woman. Not everyone needs to know when you have sex. These people are so emotionally stunted.

To which, Maggie rolled her eyes. I lived for that moment too

• Love 14

13 hours ago, windsprints said:

Bailey tapping on the car window seemed like a callback to Bailey saying "move this tail wagon" to Meredith and Derek in the car way back when. IIRC she didn't have fun at that party either, lol. 

I took it that way, too...a little Easter egg for us long-suffering masochistic loyal viewers.

13 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I've been rewatching on Netflix.  I know she also briefly speaks at the party at Jackson's where they have the small fire.  I give the actress credit.  She's made herself a very real presence on the show.

She's actually a trained scrub nurse!  I love BokHee (I looked that up, because I've always spelled it "Boki" in my head), she manages to be such a stabilizing presence in the OR without (usually) uttering a word.

3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I agree. I spent the whole episode waiting for a gang of thugs to spray bullets through the house, leading to the 400th episode being the usual Grey's finale episode of who will live and who will die. I was pleasantly surprised when no violence happened and it appears Wendall was just scamming Maggie and Winston and now is off with 20 grand to scam other victims.

I yelled "IT'S A DRIVE-BY!!!!" when the other car rolled past Teddy and Owen flirting on the street.  NGL, I would not have been disappointed to see those two go down in a hail of bullets...though Teddy was pretty funny with her Boggle obsession.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

nd Teddie said the right thing to Link…do not give Jo false hope and torpedo her relationship just because you want her back, but not in a romantic way….of course, I paraphrased.

Except why do I feel like he’ll do exactly that, probably in the closing minutes of the finale just as Amelia realises she wants him back. 

Run Jo, run far far away. 

• Love 5

I can't believe that they pulled all the Asian characters out of the closet to do a PSA for Asian month. BokHee has been there (almost invisible) for years and this is the second? third? time this season that the plastic head has appeared. Contrast that with Mark who was in just about every episode and had his own storylines. And there is Hot Asian Guy who previously only appears as Schmidt's love interest. And then of course it has to be Meredith who pulls off the miracle.

Show, it would be honouring Asian people a lot more if you wrote actual storylines for its characters.

That said, I didn't hate the episode because there was a lot of storylines finally moving along in time for the finale instead of spending a lot of time focusing on things I didn't care about which was most of this season (Schmidt, Minnesota, Kai, Linc losing at love, Owen/Teddy etc). People got to interact with each other too instead of being in small bubbles.

18 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Door bell rings, Maggie answers, it's Nick. Ellis is all sadz because she thought it was Meredith. I'm not surprised that Meredith is such a guest in her own house that her daughter thinks that she rings the doorbell.

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Hopefully this means we've seen the last of Kai. Just because someone is non-binary doesn't mean they have to be non-personality.

Seriously. The non-binary character in the kids show The Owl House has more personality. What a mess of writing this season, wrecking not only Lina/Amelia and Linc/Jo but hits to both Amelia and Linc and a huge waste of my time.

I have to give props to Kai though in this episode, they are very clear that they don't want kids and won't change. Amelia needs to think seriously if she's willing to give up time with Scout to be with Kai.

(As someone reminded me today, Hungarian has had non-gender pronouns for over a thousand years. What is English waiting for?)

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Show, it would be honouring Asian people a lot more if you wrote actual storylines for its characters.

This show has written storylines for its Asian characters. Nico has gotten plenty of story. Way more story than he deserves. The fact is that the cast is ridiculously large.

I know a lot of people think that this ep was overkill but those of us in marginalized groups, sometimes need this. I thought it heavy handed too in places but the attacks on the AAPI community are real and they're going to get worse. This episode reminded me to check in on my AAPI community, especially because the Asia Festival is coming up.

Not to derail the thread but I'm a Black woman and after the Buffalo shooting and other political stuff this week, I've been really thinking what allyship looks like. I don't think Mer was painted as a white savior so much as an example of how white people can be an ally. That's how I took her "I'm sorry." She wasn't apologizing for all white people. She was just acknowledging the pain of people who got hit by racist violence.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 12

Do we know for sure that E.R. Fightmaster is finished airing on the show? The way she and Amelia left it is very open-ended. I mean Kai KNOWS that Amelia has a son. Amelia told her almost immediately. If Kai is suggesting that they don't have any more children I understand that. If Kai is saying that they THEMSELVES don't want Scout around, that might be a problem.

• Useful 2
(edited)

Kai explained that there were lots of things they wanted to do, and kids would be in the way of that.  Being around Scout and Amelia, as well as the other kids, brought it home to them that Amelia is a mother and Scout will always come first.  So I think they don't want any kids around, including Scout.

But hey, Linc is really the only one on this show who wants to be around his own kid, so who knows?

Edited by izabella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Then if that is the case it was sort of a rotten thing for Kai to do even with the excuse it just became real to them after seeing Scout for the first time and helping out with the kids Meredith semi-abandons on a seemingly daily basis. Kai knew that Amelia had a son. What did they expect to happen? I can see Amelia not wanting anymore kids but she does have Scout. Did they really think that Amelia would give up her son?

• Love 5

I'm sure Kai never expected Amelia to give up her son.  But I can also see how knowing that Amelia is a mother, and seeing Amelia in her role as mother, can be two different things.  It's easy for people to compartmentalize or be in some denial until faced with the reality.  Kai mostly saw Amelia in Minnesota, where Amelia wasn't caring for Scout at the time, so they were free to just be a couple.  It's like Meredith's love affair with Nick - it started with them having tons of time together on their own.  Now, with the family and hospital family, things will be and feel different to both of them.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I'm sure Kai never expected Amelia to give up her son.  But I can also see how knowing that Amelia is a mother, and seeing Amelia in her role as mother, can be two different things.  

I think it was more that Amelia was mothering all the kids at one point.  Because, you know, Meredith can't/won't.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, marceline said:

This show has written storylines for its Asian characters. Nico has gotten plenty of story. Way more story than he deserves. The fact is that the cast is ridiculously large.

I agree that there has been too much Nico time but that's because the actor makes wood look emotive. After 45 episodes, what do we know about him?  He's an ortho resident and isn't out to his parents. That's it. BokHee An started on the show in the first episode, 18 seasons and 265 episodes according to imdb, but do we know anything at all about her? The head of plastic surgery has been on 4 episodes, the Asian -resident 19 but does anyone know anything about them? I don't, not even their names.

It's good to have an episode about a real problem but one episode focused on Asians doesn't make up for 8 seasons of virtually ignoring them (since Sandra Oh left).

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:
14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I was thinking it was by check, but, although I'm an old fogey who still uses checks, it's been my experience that the young'uns use Venmo or some other type of automatic cash transfer.

I use Venmo frequently. However, if Maggie and Winston each gave Wendell $10K over VENMO, then they are dumber than I thought. You don't send an amount that's equivalent to a downpayment for a house over Venmo.

11 hours ago, Daisy said:
11 hours ago, marceline said:

To which, Maggie rolled her eyes. I lived for that moment too

That was so fucking unnecessary. Any normal person would've just made up an excuse.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:
On 5/19/2022 at 10:13 PM, LexieLily said:

Door bell rings, Maggie answers, it's Nick. Ellis is all sadz because she thought it was Meredith. I'm not surprised that Meredith is such a guest in her own house that her daughter thinks that she rings the doorbell.

That was hilarious. I kept thinking, "Why does she think her mother would ring the doorbell to her own house??"

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It was so odd! The only thing I can think of is that they needed one of the regulars to hold down that plot line, but couldn't it have been Richard??

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It was painful to watch. It was as if the writers took quotes from newspaper articles and gave them to the characters as dialogue. That being said, it didn't seem odd at all for the cop, the doctors, and the patient to be Asian. In fact, one of my main complaints about this show is that they should have more Asian characters considering where they live.

On another note, I really liked Nick this episode. He needed to start interacting with the other characters on this show to give him some life. Scott Speedman really stood out in this episode.

ETA: Maybe I missed something, but what was the point of the Richard/Catherine and pregnant couple storyline? Also, it seemed SUPER redundant given that last week we just went through Link and his storyline with a sick/dying husband and a pregnant wife who wanted her husband to meet the baby. It threw me for such a loop that I thought it was the same couple, and the episodes aired out of order. The fuck? You know the writing is shit when they are recycling storylines from the previous EPISODE.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

ETA: Maybe I missed something, but what was the point of the Richard/Catherine and pregnant couple storyline? Also, it seemed SUPER redundant given that last week we just went through Link and his storyline with a sick/dying husband and a pregnant wife who wanted her husband to meet the baby. It threw me for such a loop that I thought it was the same couple, and the episodes aired out of order. The fuck? You know the writing is shit when they are recycling storylines from the previous EPISODE.

I think it was the same couple. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PepSinger said:

Oh, thank goodness. I thought that the man died at the end of the last episode, so I was super confused.

Hah. And I think there was a little time jump/progression in her pregnancy because apparently now she is 35 weeks and last week when she wanted Linc to take the baby out wasn't she only 32?

• Love 1

I am not even lying. when the mom had issues - i was like. "girl don't tell me you did something to self induce!"

and I will always always call Grey Baby #3 Lexie. I still refuse to believe considering how close Meredith and Lexie were when she died, that she'd name her baby Ellis over that. (actually my head cannon is  Lexie Georgina Grey, because she loved George too). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

What’s the deal with the Asian plastics doctor? Why aren’t they giving her more airtime? Ok the episode sje joined i thought it was going to be a bigger part. The actress is good and character has potential..  I’d rather watch her than any of the current characters/couples.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the dinner party portion of the episode. The two Baileys fist bumping was cute. It was just nice to see all of the characters interacting outside their bubble. When Owen and Kai were talking, I thought he was going to say that she reminded him of Christina when she said she didn’t want children. 

• Love 2
On 5/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, marceline said:

I totally thought the gangsters were real. I was expecting a drive by shooting when Wendell was sitting outside. (Did I say "expecting?" I meant "hoping for.") I still expect that he'll end up dead and Winston will get a phone call to identify the body.

I thought the same and with Maggie standing behind him in the house I thought the story would be her getting shot. . . does she survive???

18 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Oh, thank goodness. I thought that the man died at the end of the last episode, so I was super confused.

He didn't die but they're not sure if he'll make it to his son's birth.

Catherine asking if they had picked a name yet was also a nod to the previous episode because he had told her not to name the baby after him because he doesn't want to her be reminded every time she calls for him. When she asked that they just looked at each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

He didn't die but they're not sure if he'll make it to his son's birth.

Catherine asking if they had picked a name yet was also a nod to the previous episode because he had told her not to name the baby after him because he doesn't want to her be reminded every time she calls for him. When she asked that they just looked at each other.

I expect the resolution of their story line will come in the finale.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

I'd guess that they both initiated wire transfers from their bank(s).  Who knows what day it was, but even if it wasn't a weekend, it was still clearly after business hours, so at least Maggie's wouldn't be sent until the next day.  She could easily cancel hers.  Who knows when Winston sent his, but he seemed to have just given Wendell the money that night too.

21 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Hah. And I think there was a little time jump/progression in her pregnancy because apparently now she is 35 weeks and last week when she wanted Linc to take the baby out wasn't she only 32?

I think a small time jump makes sense - Catherine only just told Richard last week that her cancer had returned/progressed, and this week she's in chemo.  I forget exactly what she said, but it wasn't her first chemo treatment either, so a few weeks is logical.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, DEL901 said:

Kai’s pronouns are they/them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I totally thought the gangsters were real. 

They might still be - just because he took money from both of them doesn't mean he lied about the loan sharks. 

I'd guess that they both initiated wire transfers from their bank(s). 

I don't know where they do their banking but at mine you have to go into the actual bank to do a wire transfer, you can't do it on your computer or over the phone. 

She could easily cancel hers. 

Nope. Once the money is gone it's gone. There's no takesies backsies in wire transfers.

6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know where they do their banking but at mine you have to go into the actual bank to do a wire transfer, you can't do it on your computer or over the phone. 

Nope. Once the money is gone it's gone. There's no takesies backsies in wire transfers.

I have clients who have done wire transfers over the phone all the time.  I think that you can cancel it, if it hasn't been sent yet.  I agree that once it's gone, it's gone, but what I was saying is that they probably requested them after hours - so they wouldn't actually be sent until the next morning.  There's a small chance that they'd be able to cancel the request.  Obviously there's no guarantee though, and for the show's sake, it's much more dramatic for the money to have left their accounts immediately.

• Love 3

I work at a bank.   Customers can do self service wire transfers on the app on their phone.  While it would not be immediate at night that doesn't mean you can stop it next day.  It is very likely too late.  

One of them should have had the sense to give the money directly to the gangster with verbal confirmation that that solves the problem

• Love 3

Someone I follow, said that Teddy was calling their son Liam, instead of Leo, for the whole episode. I can't remember who posted that in their instagram stories.

• LOL 4
On 5/20/2022 at 7:27 PM, Amazee-Dayzee said:

Then if that is the case it was sort of a rotten thing for Kai to do even with the excuse it just became real to them after seeing Scout for the first time and helping out with the kids Meredith semi-abandons on a seemingly daily basis. Kai knew that Amelia had a son. What did they expect to happen? I can see Amelia not wanting anymore kids but she does have Scout. Did they really think that Amelia would give up her son?

On 5/20/2022 at 7:27 PM, Amazee-Dayzee said:

If Kay was implying they don't want kids, their own or any other around because it will ruin their plans (which I understand, it is their choice), they should really date Mer, she is the one who can spend seasons without seeing her kids, she is the one who always puts work in firts place. Don't get me wrong, I don't think kids should always come first, I am a advocate for prioritizing according to needs, some days work is more important, some days, family some days friends, some days me time... but in Mer's case her kids are never a priority, without a village of people, those kids would have starved to death. Though Amelia is not always with Scout, it seems that in certain moments she gives him priority when he needs her. 

• Love 9

Pretty typical of Mer to throw a dinner party for her squeeze, be zero help with the prep & cooking, leave her children to be cared for by others then not show up because she’s the only one that save a patient.  Meredith Grey is probably the most insufferably annoying character on television & it’s a long list.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8