Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E18: Boston Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

On 5/19/2022 at 12:24 AM, buttersister said:

Wow. LOL. Recording and zipping through is the only way to watch.

Poor Lindsey, shlepping out to Stanford because Harvard, MIT and BU engineers and intellectuals wouldn’t give her a second date. Kudos to MTS for divorcing her, losing 40 pounds, getting his grandma’s house remodeled and landing the highest paid job of his life. Not for me, not for Lindsey, but maybe for someone now.

Mike, remember, shave or heavy beard trim, smile and get out there. Romance is waiting.

Looks a bit like they put together a shit storm next week. Alyssa’s the guest of honor!

It was quick, but was that Alyssa taking photos of all of them in next weeks episode?  It sure looked like her.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Katina saying that you need to be a strong woman in order to be with Olaj is exactly the opposite of how I feel. I think if you're with someone like him, you're weak and feel like you don't deserve better and this is the best you can get. He constantly puts her down, insults her cooking and everything about her, speaks in a condescending way to her, etc. I don't think he's a terrible guy at heart but he takes advantage of people like Katina who accept his BS and lets a person talk to her in the way he does.

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 5/19/2022 at 6:39 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

I'm one of those women and we were together until he died 30 years later. One thing I've learned after over 60 years on this planet is that there are plenty of smart people who didn't go to college for any number of reasons. My husband didn't get along with his father, his mother had died years earlier, and he felt getting out superseded all other considerations. After he met me, he built a nice career in computer networking. I've also learned that there are many different kinds of intelligence. Engineers who work in Palo Alto may be the smartest guys in the room, but I'll bet most of them have really lousy social skills. A lot of really smart people can't function socially. Mark seems to be a kind man who had no idea what to do with someone like Lindsey, who isn't just "a lot" but also shows signs of borderline personality disorder. That she flies into rages at anything she can spin as abandonment is a huge red flag. Mark will be OK (especially with a better hair style), but I feel badly for Lindsey because she has learned nothing and assumes her volatility is perfectly OK and has learned nothing.

Great post, and I’m so sorry about your Husband.  My husband had no direction from his parents either, but he did fine in life on his own.  He made sure to send our three kids to great colleges sometimes working two jobs.  That’s love.  Plus, just because Lindsey moved to another location means nothing.  She still is who she is.  I don’t think any man could take her.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Lindz said:

All this time & Alyssa didn't think of anything new to say? LOL! They don't share any hobbies, core values & beliefs? Ya. Sure. Whatever. She was out of her mind, that's why she said that stuff? Uh. No. Gotta love her not answering if she wish she would've given him a chance. Her answer was no & Kevin should've proceeded accordingly. She wished she didn't say some stuff & act a damn fool, but not try at the marriage. Then releases the fake water works because Chris said she wasn't there for the right reasons. Um. He's right! It doesn't matter what intentions you started out at, what matters is the PRESENT. She wasn't there to build a marriage! SAY THAT! SO SIMPLE! Perfect opportunity for Kevin to ask that. COME ON! She went on the honeymoon because she thought she had to. YEAH. RIGHT! No wonder she avoided talking to Chris all that time. She wanted to get as many perks as possible before he pulled the plug. 😂

Yes to everything you said.  It’s very simple, so no one should sugar coat it.  Alyssa did not like Chris’s Teeth the minute she saw his smile.  They are crooked in the front and she wanted movie star perfect teeth.  There, I said it.  Everything she said was false and bullshit.  She did not want to say the truth.  She said she told the experts what she wanted, and they didn’t give it to her.  Probably tall, handsome, movie star looks.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

Yes to everything you said.  It’s very simple, so no one should sugar coat it.  Alyssa did not like Chris’s Teeth the minute she saw his smile.  They are crooked in the front and she wanted movie star perfect teeth.  There, I said it.  Everything she said was false and bullshit.  She did not want to say the truth.

This is the game AlySSa was playing.  Apparently, she didn't draw the correct cards and ended up with a "dud".

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Or she could just like wigs. Wigs and extensions are very common among Black women (and increasingly so among women of other races); it’s not odd to me that she wears fake hair.

I think the problem with Katina's long wig was that it overshadowed her face.  Maybe that's why she changed to the short wig, but those bangs were a bad idea.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

This is the game AlySSa was playing.  Apparently, she didn't draw the correct cards and ended up with a "dud".

Yes.  Meanwhile Chris will find a wonderful girl who appreciates him the way he is.  He’s a wonderful good looking guy who deserves the best.  My husbands teeth were slightly crooked as his mother didn’t care.  After we were married, he had them fixed and it was his choice.  I loved him either way.

• Love 6
On 5/19/2022 at 1:27 PM, kristen111 said:

I find that remark Lindsey made about Mark not being an intellectual highly offensive.  The moron that she is, doesn’t know the world needs electricians, builders, sanitation men, plumbers and others whose trades are very important to society.  This Country was built on people that only knew a trade.  The woman is ignorant and will never find a man.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I hope I never see her “Joker” smile again.  Mark lost forty lbs from aggravation.

To me it wasn't "he's not an intellectual" wasn't offensive - lots of people aren't (frankly I'd include Lindsey herself in that assessment) but that doesn't mean they're stupid; they're just not into intellectual pursuits.  Her problem was when she just had to keep running her big mouth until we all realized that she was actually calling him stupid!

16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you about engineers not having the best social skills.  They'd also have no patience for someone as volatile as Lindsey is and as mostly introverted types they'd bristle at her rabid form of extroversion.  The absolute best she could do is an established businessman like a VP of sales in a big company who is very bright but also knows how to handle people.  Another extrovert that could match her in terms of energy that is very confident and could keep her from attempting to pull any of her crap on them.  But they would also have to be the rare combination of that and a masochist at the same time to put up with her abusiveness.  The funny thing is one of my old bosses fit that bill to a T and his wife was almost exactly like Lindsey!  And both of them were from Boston too!  Very scary but true!  So it is possible, just very unlikely that she'll find that person, especially out in California.

IMO she may say she wants that, but when anyone tries it she cries, mentions all she's done for them and threatens to leave.  Without any more self-awareness she's doomed.

16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Anyway I think she is overreacting as usual and moving cross country is one of those rebound/180 degree life changes that usually ends up failing big time.  I noticed that when she was talking about having dated someone at first she used the past tense and then made it sound like she's still seeing them.  That tripped up my BS meter.  So I agree that she is full of shit about that.  

In her defense - I thought she was totally talking in past tense and had already been dumped 😄  It seemed like Kevin was the one who acted like it was still going on and she just nodded along.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Chris is so much classier than I could ever be when listening to Alyssa's BS. She has learned nothing from watching herself back but I figured she wouldn't because she doesn't have any self-awareness. It's funny because before we knew her personality I thought she was very pretty but now I think her face is so unattractive and she looks like she has such a droopy face. She'll never work out with anyone because even if she's attracted to the person she's with, her partner will be so turned off by her personality and won't be able to deal with her long term. I hope Chris finds a nice, genuine person.

Also, the show should have replayed the part of the show where she admitted to wanting to live in the apartment so she can still have the experience and hang with the girls. Instead she spewed bullshit and told Kevin she wanted to stay in the apartment so it was fair commute wise for both of them lol. Like come on. Play that back to her. She had so many months to think about what to say and what she should have said was that she went into the show with the right intentions, thinking she could get past lack of attraction, but after she met her husband she realized looks were more important to her than she realized and she apologizes for not being able to get past that. Instead, she kept making excuses for why she "hated" him. Her immaturity is astounding . And she hated the experts for not giving her what she wanted and was looking for. Um, maybe watch other seasons and you'll know the experts do everything for maximum drama . Anyone who goes on this show and has access to previous seasons has no one to blame but themselves for going on and not getting what they expected.

Katina said her first time saying she loved Ola was that night (at the reunion.) So they were together for 7 months and that was the first time they both said I love you to the other? Weird.

These timelines make everything confusing.  Who said or did what and when.

Edited by kristen111

So it sounds like I’m completely alone in buying Olajuwon’s “changed man” spiel. He seemed genuinely embarrassed by his behavior and has seemingly been working hard to do better and treat Katina with respect. Contrast this with the interviews of Alyssa and Lindsey who just seemed to double down on themselves being perfect and the only issues were with their husbands. Such as with the magic of Lindsey monologue of how she completely changed Mark’s life—and conveniently left out, whether he liked it or not. When they had that dinner in the house and he said he was going to buy it, Lindsey started rattling off all the things they had to change. He wanted to leave it exactly as is but then allowed her to strong arm him into agreeing to allow her to paint so she would feel like it’s her house, too. Maybe the fact that you tried to totally renovate his grandmother’s house against his Will was what they were fighting about in the first place.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

So it sounds like I’m completely alone in buying Olajuwon’s “changed man” spiel. He seemed genuinely embarrassed by his behavior and has seemingly been working hard to do better and treat Katina with respect. Contrast this with the interviews of Alyssa and Lindsey who just seemed to double down on themselves being perfect and the only issues were with their husbands. Such as with the magic of Lindsey monologue of how she completely changed Mark’s life—and conveniently left out, whether he liked it or not. When they had that dinner in the house and he said he was going to buy it, Lindsey started rattling off all the things they had to change. He wanted to leave it exactly as is but then allowed her to strong arm him into agreeing to allow her to paint so she would feel like it’s her house, too. Maybe the fact that you tried to totally renovate his grandmother’s house against his Will was what they were fighting about in the first place.

He has said the right things he needs to say after fucking up so many times.

Him saying no one called him out is a flat out lie and if they had, he wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

He also should not have needed to see his behavior to know its fucked up. He's a grown ass man and Katina's hurt, words and tears should have pointed it out at the time.

I don't believe shit he says because he is good at the sound bites and interviews but terrible in action.

• Love 13

Olajuwon thinks he's God's gift.  Therefore, he's slick and savvy enough to think he can talk his way out of any situation that might put him in an unflattering light.   Too bad my crazy niece never met him because she'd have him grabbing his ass, running and screaming for Jesus. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

No surprise Mark & Lindsey & Michael & Jas split. Definitely not surprising it was so fast. Kinda surprised Mark sweet-talked on DD saying they were gunna stay together. Lindsey should've known better from his "romantic" promise on the honeymoon. She is mostly to blame though. She never learned how to communicate appropriately. I suppose Jas is more to blame. She didn't encourage him to move forward & Michael didn't try to progress things. Not surprised O & Kat & Steve & Noi are still together. We know who's settling & doesn't want to start over. 😅

• Love 2
On 5/19/2022 at 8:41 AM, Adeejay said:

I have a feeling Sirachi is hoping to wind up on "RuPaul's Drag Race".

She ain’t ready…

Olajuwon is fooling no one with his self reflection.  Hopefully Katina will see one day that trading her autonomy and self esteem for a big, gaudy ring isn’t worth it.  Annnd him saying no one told him about his assholery—lots of people did-Pepper, his sister in law, Dr Viv…or did he mean no one male told him because females and all.

Also, where were the experts for Michael and Jasmina not speaking to each other for a month?  I’m glad he ended it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He has said the right things he needs to say after fucking up so many times.

Him saying no one called him out is a flat out lie and if they had, he wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

He also should not have needed to see his behavior to know its fucked up. He's a grown ass man and Katina's hurt, words and tears should have pointed it out at the time.

I don't believe shit he says because he is good at the sound bites and interviews but terrible in action.

A leopard doesn’t change its spots.  He will be the same as always after a few of her meals that’s so important to him.  She’s already lost weight, probably from him.

• Love 6
On 5/19/2022 at 12:42 PM, mythoughtis said:

She said it took 7 days., and Mark asked her to leave on day 12 after decision day.    She might have used the word renovate, but my guess is that means: 

Removal of unwanted stuff

deep cleaning 

painting and new curtains 

She’s helping him, but in her mind she’s thinking he owes her big time.  Nothing for nothing.

• Love 2

Mark lost forty lbs from aggravation.

Could not tell Mark lost even one pound, and I am usually pretty good at spotting that for folks on TV.  What I think happened is that he definitely gained weight from when the marriage first happened...it's pretty obvious when looking back at the footage.  So maybe he lost what he had gained.  But even then, I was comparing him at the reunion to what he looked like at the end of the season, and he didn't look smaller.  So now I'm wondering if he gained weight after the season ended, and then lost it by the time of the reunion?

I find that remark Lindsey made about Mark not being an intellectual highly offensive.  The moron that she is, doesn’t know the world needs electricians, builders, sanitation men, plumbers and others whose trades are very important to society.  This Country was built on people that only knew a trade.  

I really really dislike Lindsey, but I'm gonna defend her in this case.  I think she is making a distinction between "intellectual" versus smart/intelligent/talented/hard worker/good at job.  Many people are in the latter category, including all the types of people Kristen111 mentioned.  But Lindsey is not talking about that aspect.  I think she is specifically talking about "intellectual" in a sense beyond mere processing capacity and volume of knowledge, but more in the sense of enjoying debating intelligently about complex issues, having fun with wordplay/meanings, curiosity about understanding underlying concepts, exploring ideas for their own sake rather than to apply them.  And from what we've seen, Mark is not like that.  I see nothing wrong with Lindsey preferring that particular type of intellectual discourse...as long as she is not implying that people who are not "intellectual" are beneath her

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Interesting episode. 

I’m in the group that’s still concerned about Katina. She’s not demonstrating strength, she’s weak and scared and doesnt want to fail. O is just so toxic, cannot get enough of his own voice. And its people around his fault for not calling him out? Yeah, OK.

Not much to say about the horrible Alissa. Funny to hear her screech that “I hate” the experts, too. Nice little insanity defense she put on. The alternate apartment explanation (“we both had a long drive”) was laugh out loud funny.

But this episode actually moved Lindsay down on the list even below Alissa. She might have Borderline Disorder, but she came across like a full-blown psychopath pulling wings off of flies, complete with a Ted Bundy glazed glare and grin. The “magic of Lindsay.” OMG.

And she’s moving 4000 miles away from Boston to find “intellect.” Hey genius, there’s no greater concentration of intellect anywhere. But your educational snobbishness wont get you past that.

With all the talk and therapy and explanations, Mark’s situation was very simple. He could not stand the pathological bullying and namecalling and screaming conflicts and insults for one more day. She explains that he wanted her out days after she “renovated” (LOL) the house, without mentioning she drove him to madness leading up to it.

I also think JasMeanie was Alissa Jr, only with far more sense and self awareness. She was out from the beginning, pretended to try all the way through DD, and iced him out until he was forced to bail.

One thing about Mr Noi… the way he diffused and dodged Lindsay’s attack shows me he must be a brilliant salesperson… he’s got tremendous interpersonal skills.

• Applause 1
  • Love 11

Ummmm....just watched the show and saw the Lindsey relocation news.  I also work in Palo Alto.  I saw she is a "healthcare professional" and got a little interested so I looked her up in my work directory and YEP - there she is.  LOL  I will most likely never come across her, but it still was a shock to see her name.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Chellichik said:

Ummmm....just watched the show and saw the Lindsey relocation news.  I also work in Palo Alto.  I saw she is a "healthcare professional" and got a little interested so I looked her up in my work directory and YEP - there she is.  LOL  I will most likely never come across her, but it still was a shock to see her name.

Oh wow! I’m kinda hoping you do though, lol. I would love to know how she conducts herself in a professional setting without the cameras!

• Love 13
On 5/20/2022 at 9:57 PM, For Cereals said:

Also, where were the experts for Michael and Jasmina not speaking to each other for a month? 

Good point!  The experts keep talking about how they see footage so they stay informed.  Well, I guess they want to just stay informed, rather than actually, you know, do something useful.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:43 AM, Jax7917 said:

Also, the show should have replayed the part of the show where she admitted to wanting to live in the apartment so she can still have the experience and hang with the girls. 

They did...it's at about 30:50.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, Yeah No said:

She had the fortress so tightly locked there was no getting in there and no amount of romance was going to ignite her passion for Michael.  So now she's going to put the entire blame for their not having a physical relationship on HIM?  She is so full of shit it's coming out of her ears.  She can't accept any responsibility but Kevin was on to her in that she was never into him that way at all.  And Michael knew he couldn't "get blood from a stone".   I feel bad for him.  He deserved so much better.  He is a real catch for the right woman.

I was stunned when Michael said something about he called her to discuss such-and-such.  That said to me that in addition to not even living together, they weren't even getting together very often.  Even Noi realized that you can't build a marriage that way! 

Speaking of which, I can understand Noi wanting to get away to her own apartment every now and then, but at some point they will have to make a decision about whether to keep staying in Steve's apartment, or buy somewhere of their own, and at that point it would seem that financially Noi would need to either give up the apartment or sublet it out.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:43 AM, Jax7917 said:

Katina said her first time saying she loved Ola was that night (at the reunion.) So they were together for 7 months and that was the first time they both said I love you to the other? Weird.

Yes, truly weird.  He sold his house, and they committed to a future together, yet they hadn't said I Love You?  I actually was pretty shocked to hear that Olaj sold his house and they have moved into an apartment.  I understand the reasons he gave, but the two of them didn't even talk about future plans for buying a house together, which seems to be at odds with Olaj's financial direction.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Empress1 said:

Alyssa really is not cute. She’s orange and her skin always looks like she could use blotting papers. I noticed on the honeymoon and thought she was just sweaty, but it was the same in the brief moments of the reunion I saw. 

I honestly wonder if the work that she has had done to her face, has somehow altered the skin tone such that maybe her skin's ability to handle sweat properly has been diminished.

• Love 3

I'm finally watching (and doing a LOT of fast-forwarding, I skipped K & O) and Chris just said that he'd have been done with Alyssa a lot sooner had he seen all the "disgusting things" she'd said, that she wasn't worth his time. THE LOOK ON HER FACE. Face cracked. HA! Man, I love Chris. I really hope he finds someone great.

HA! Kevin just asked how hard it was for Chris to decide to divorce Alyssa. His response, with no hesitation whatsoever: "Not very."

I think it comes down to this: Alyssa thinks he's ugly and thus should have no self-esteem. He DOES have self-esteem (and why shouldn't he?) and she doesn't know how to deal with it. She thinks she's the cool kid and he's the nerd and he should just take her shit, and at NO POINT has he taken her shit, and she can't deal with it.

Surprised that Michael was the one to call it, but I'm glad for him - Jasmina is another person who seems to think Michael should take what she dishes out, and I'm glad he stood up for himself. 

Skipped Noi and Steve.

No surprise re: Lindsay and Mark, although if Mark told her he was out THE DAY she gave up her apartment, that's fucked up. It got very ugly, apparently. HOWEVER, Lindsay is the kind of person who will do all this shit for you and then hold it over your head forever. Her whole written statement was like "I'm so awesome, you aren't."

She just called Mark stupid. Jesus.

Why is this two parts?

• Love 6
(edited)

So O sells his house to live an apartment?  After basically berating Katina for not being where he is at in life?  

Nothing about that makes sense and makes me wonder if he was behind on house payments and it foreclosed.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

Jasmina needed to come off as a really good person so played the TV game. But from the moment she accused Michael of being aggressive towards her, and later, admitting there was zero attraction, the jig was up. Sitting close to him, smiling, etc. was the performance. Putting him in the friend zone was the strategy. The experts were lucky Jasmina was smarter and more mentally fit than Alyssa.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

She thinks she's the cool kid and he's the nerd

Her social skill development is really stuck at late elementary school level, and I apologize to elementary school students for that comparison. 

So O sells his house to live an apartment?  After basically berating Katina for not being where he is at in life?  

Yeah - but a lot of people are cashing out right now because housing prices are so high. He might have just decided to seize on the opportunity to make a really tidy profit. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Her social skill development is really stuck at late elementary school level, and I apologize to elementary school students for that comparison. 

Yeah - but a lot of people are cashing out right now because housing prices are so high. He might have just decided to seize on the opportunity to make a really tidy profit. 

Good point about the housing prices.  Although he gave the reason that there were too many "memories" or something like that -- the inference was him bedding a shit ton of women there, so that's what made me think there's something else at play.

Plus O strikes me as someone who would've bragged about making a killing off selling the house if that was the reason they are living in her apartment.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 5

I’m surprised by the two couples that stayed together. I initially liked Steve and Noi but ended up only liking Steve. I didn’t mind O and Katina. Hopefully he grows up a bit more and they make it. 
Lindsey was obnoxious and am surprised they chose her for this show. I also didn’t see a big difference in Mark regarding weight loss but that may have been his clothing choice plus he was seated.

• Love 4
On 5/23/2022 at 6:52 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I’m surprised by the two couples that stayed together. I initially liked Steve and Noi but ended up only liking Steve. I didn’t mind O and Katina. Hopefully he grows up a bit more and they make it. 
Lindsey was obnoxious and am surprised they chose her for this show. I also didn’t see a big difference in Mark regarding weight loss but that may have been his clothing choice plus he was seated.

More like.. Lindsay was obnoxious and that's exactly why they chose her for this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, kristen111 said:

Why does a young girl like Katina need a wig?  Does she take it off at night?  Some men love to put their fingers thru the hair .. my husband did.  I’m sure she has her own hair, right?

We Black women wear wigs/extensions for many reasons. 1) Wigs/extensions are a protective style.  Constantly combing and brushing our hair can cause significant damage. 2) It's convenient. Our hair needs a lot of maintenance, so it's easier to just wear a wig or sew in weaves and go on about our day. 3) Stress causes a lot of Black women to develop alopecia. 4) We like changing things up without causing damage to our hair. 

Edited by spunky
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

I'm shocked by how many podcasts I listen to totally bought Olajuwon's changed man rhetoric. It's not that he can't change. It's just how many people didn't question it. He has said all the right things before. These people also often come on a reunion ready to do damage control. So, I remain skeptical. I hope he keeps it up.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

More like.. Lindsay was obnoxious and that's exactly why they chose her for this show.

Yes, you are right.  So, this matching couples is all trickery?  Why can’t it be a nice truthful matchmaking show?  That’s what I would like for a change.  Truth.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, Empress1 said:

I'm finally watching (and doing a LOT of fast-forwarding, I skipped K & O) and Chris just said that he'd have been done with Alyssa a lot sooner had he seen all the "disgusting things" she'd said, that she wasn't worth his time. THE LOOK ON HER FACE. Face cracked. HA! Man, I love Chris. I really hope he finds someone great.

HA! Kevin just asked how hard it was for Chris to decide to divorce Alyssa. His response, with no hesitation whatsoever: "Not very."

I think it comes down to this: Alyssa thinks he's ugly and thus should have no self-esteem. He DOES have self-esteem (and why shouldn't he?) and she doesn't know how to deal with it. She thinks she's the cool kid and he's the nerd and he should just take her shit, and at NO POINT has he taken her shit, and she can't deal with it.

This is the most delightful aspect of their interactions - Chris remaining cool as a cucumber and that turd Alyssa frantically pedaling to sell her points even though he's not buying any of it, in the most polite way of course. And the calmer he stayed, the more pissed she got. I love it! I didn't watch this reunion, but I might have to check it just to see more of this! Chris FTW!!!!!

And even though Alyssa is said turd, she is harmless in the sense that nobody (including Chris) buys her bullshit. It's just ridiculous. The real worst this season are Olajuwon and Lindsey - their behavior is actually damaging to their partners and, for me anyway, very hard to watch. I bailed about a month ago after seeing the "experts" soft pedal on O and Lindsey even though I think both should have been called out for being abusive. Watching two vibrant, fun people wilt in front of my eyes from repeated verbal beat downs from their "spouses" is disgusting to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Lindsey, FFS, stop keeping score on everything you do for Mark (and anyone, actually.) You're married--you're supposed to look out for and help each other.  I can't imagine being married to someone who kept a mental score card of all the ways they took over helped me in  different situations and then lorded it over me every time we had an argument.  Glad Mark got out--Mark FTW

• Love 8
On 5/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, Elizzikra said:

As much as I don't particularly like Linsday, I will say that her makeup looked lovely. And she and Mark had nice spray tans.

Looks like she has new teeth too.

• Love 2

I liked hearing from the experts.  Good add to the conclusion I think.  Gave insight to their thinking 

All you need to know about how genuine Alyssa is can be seen by the constant fraudulent eye dabbing.  She’s a caricature of herself.  

• Love 3
On 5/24/2022 at 12:45 PM, Racj82 said:

I'm shocked by how many podcasts I listen to totally bought Olajuwon's changed man rhetoric. It's not that he can't change. It's just how many people didn't question it. He has said all the right things before. These people also often come on a reunion ready to do damage control. So, I remain skeptical. I hope he keeps it up.

This was too much of a change for O.  I think Katina might have threatened to leave If he didn’t change his ways and lay off.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, LuvMyShows said:

I really really dislike Lindsey, but I'm gonna defend her in this case.  I think she is making a distinction between "intellectual" versus smart/intelligent/talented/hard worker/good at job.  Many people are in the latter category, including all the types of people Kristen111 mentioned.  But Lindsey is not talking about that aspect.  I think she is specifically talking about "intellectual" in a sense beyond mere processing capacity and volume of knowledge, but more in the sense of enjoying debating intelligently about complex issues, having fun with wordplay/meanings, curiosity about understanding underlying concepts, exploring ideas for their own sake rather than to apply them.  And from what we've seen, Mark is not like that.  I see nothing wrong with Lindsey preferring that particular type of intellectual discourse...as long as she is not implying that people who are not "intellectual" are beneath her

I respectfully disagree with this assessment.  She started off with “intellectual” but as she continued to speak she kept saying how intelligent she is and that most of her former boyfriends have been even smarter, which is amazing because she’s so intelligent.  I think she definitely was insulting Mark’s intelligence.  Also, I find it hard to imagine Lindsey having the kind of conversation you posit above (debating intelligently about complex issues, having fun with wordplay etc.).  She talks over everyone who challenges anything she says, and either goes into that demonic laugh or goes off in a huff when anyone doesn’t agree with her erudite opinions.  I can’t really see her as a participant at the Algonquin Round Table conversations.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

I respectfully disagree with this assessment.  She started off with “intellectual” but as she continued to speak she kept saying how intelligent she is and that most of her former boyfriends have been even smarter, which is amazing because she’s so intelligent.  I think she definitely was insulting Mark’s intelligence.  Also, I find it hard to imagine Lindsey having the kind of conversation you posit above (debating intelligently about complex issues, having fun with wordplay etc.).  She talks over everyone who challenges anything she says, and either goes into that demonic laugh or goes off in a huff when anyone doesn’t agree with her erudite opinions.  I can’t really see her as a participant at the Algonquin Round Table conversations.

I know, the irony of Lindsay putting Mark down for his lack of intelligence when she herself is no true intellectual was never lost on me.  She is too brash, crass and low class.  Although I can kind of understand where she's coming from, because he is far from being the sharpest tool in the shed, but putting him down for it is another thing altogether.

• Like 3