Type keyword(s) to search

North West: Is there a Baby in that Blanket?

• Start Topic

Those shoes are adorable. IIRC the designer is called Charlotte Olympia.  I remember when Kim posted a pic of the shoes with the note the designer sent. I agree for once she actually looks comfortable and I like her hair pulled back too. The cape is ugly but for a little girl I bet it was pretty cozy because it looks really soft.

• Love 1

A source told Hollywood Life that Kanye once even forbid Scott from being around his daughter North.

“Kanye already told Kim [Kardashian] not to have Scott around North because there’s no telling whether he’s going to be partying or what might come out of his mouth. Kanye has told everyone in the family that too, even Kris [Jenner], because he’ll be damned if Nori is going to see a grown man, especially one in her family, acting a fool. He doesn’t want Nori around Scott — not at all.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/1576306/kourtney-kardashian-wants-to-quit-keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-to-be-with-her-family/#0rv2X4pYWqxZ5IjL.99

I agree with Kanye on this.    Scott is an irresponsible child man who seems to be drunk and out of control a lot.     Kanye is insufferable, but he seems to be sober. 

I agree with Kanye on this.    Scott is an irresponsible child man who seems to be drunk and out of control a lot.     Kanye is insufferable, but he seems to be sober.

Kanye is notorious for showing up drunk and toting an open bottle of courvoisier to awards shows. I assume he's at least half in the bag when he rants like a lunatic. I can see Kanye not respecting Scott because he's basically a dancing bear whose cheques are signed by PMK.

• Love 3

Kanye is notorious for showing up drunk and toting an open bottle of courvoisier to awards shows. I assume he's at least half in the bag when he rants like a lunatic. I can see Kanye not respecting Scott because he's basically a dancing bear whose cheques are signed by PMK.

Kanye was drunk on the award show when he grabbed the mic out of Taylor Swift's hand and that was during prime time on national TV.

• Love 1

I wanted to see if the cape was a Kardasian Kids item (of course not), but saw some little shoes that made me come back for a second look (and, no, of course not). I just noticed her little kitty shoes in these pics. Very, very cute and someone for once remembered North is a little girl and not 21. 

Alexander Wang's 4 yr old niece Aila wore this fit first at NYFW - Kim seems to be having North's style based on her.

tumblr_n0dkgnyFBW1sdk8lso1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1cpgdlmvZ1rtwtxyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_neavy5pU6r1qa4igzo1_500.jpg

Alexander Wang's 4 yr old niece Aila wore this fit first at NYFW - Kim seems to be having North's style based on her.

tumblr_n0dkgnyFBW1sdk8lso1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1cpgdlmvZ1rtwtxyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_neavy5pU6r1qa4igzo1_500.jpg

First, that is the cutest 4 years old child in the history of the universe. Second, I think you're right, they're dressing North like this little girl, I wonder if she gets to ever wear colors either.

• Love 5

I like these photos of North.  She looks like she's happy and sassy.  I don't like the furry/hairy coat on her (or Alexander's niece).  In my mind I see the child pulling on that hair/fur and going straight for the mouth.  Same would be if there were any bedazzling type stuff as well.  Loved her shoes and how her hair was styled.  Although some color wouldn't hurt and I bet North would look adorable.

Edited by Crucial

First, that is the cutest 4 years old child in the history of the universe. Second, I think you're right, they're dressing North like this little girl, I wonder if she gets to ever wear colors either.

I just looked up a bunch of pictures of that adorable little girl and nope, she is ONLY photographed in black.  Its really bizarre.  Yes she looks stylish and her clothes no doubt top quality but geesh at least Kim will occasionally put Nori in a little denim skirt or something.  This child wears nothing but black! I hope when this child is older and can dress herself she goes through as pink phase.

The boy was dressed as Karl Lagerfeld.  North was dressed as Andre Leon Talley.

Oh.    I should know that, kids dress up as fashion designers and whatever Andre Leon Talley is all the damn time.     Who the hell wants to be frozen characters or other lame childish shit  when you can dress up as a very um, rotund guy in a  muu muu? 

• Love 6

Oh.    I should know that, kids dress up as fashion designers and whatever Andre Leon Talley is all the damn time.     Who the hell wants to be frozen characters or other lame childish shit  when you can dress up as a very um, rotund guy in a  muu muu? 

well to be fair to Kimmycakes  North and Penelope were dressed as skunks when they went out Trick or treating

Oh, dear,,, What toddler sits still to have her hair skinned back into a tight (uncomfortable) knot? Are those slides she's wearing? I'd think that would be difficult for a toddler to walk in. What are those yellow toggle-things at the hems of her pants?

Please tell me that huge bag belongs to one of the mothers.

That little girl with the pacifier is also wearing some type of furry/fuzzy jacket, I see.

Kate and William have just released holiday photos of Prince George. What a cutie! I wonder if a similar photo of North is soon to follow?

• Love 1

I don't think North is wearing slides; they look like Doc Martens to me, but I may be wrong. She looks cute. I'm much more interested in what the hell with the little boy's plaid get up. What is that???

Yeah those are Doc Martens she's wearing and the yellow you see sticking out is the DM tag. I think her hair actually looks cute and the bun looks slightly looser than what Blue Ivy has been sporting lately.  I cant stand Kim and Kanye but I'll be honest and say J and Beyonce are sometimes just as guilty when it comes to things that annoy me whether it be crap Beyonce posts or how Blue Ivy is dressed. They IMO get away with more though.

blue-ivy-ballerina-bun-ffn-lead.jpg?w=60

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1

I don't have a problem with how Kanye and Kim dress North even though it's not the norm and eccentric in America.  I actually like it when people don't follow illogical societal standards and illogical traditions.  It's refreshing for me to see people go against the grain when it comes to innocuous things.  I'm not sure how Beyonce and Jay-Z are getting away with anything, as Blue dresses like a typical privileged child.  Her hair or North's hair being pulled back into a bun isn't controversial, so I don't see why it would be an issue for anyone.

I wore Doc Martens years ago and never got the memo that the tags should be left on. Who knew?

They aren't tags, they are bootstraps which help pull the boot onto the foot.  They are a part of the shoes.

I don't have a problem with how Kanye and Kim dress North even though it's not the norm and eccentric in America.  I actually like it when people don't follow illogical societal standards and illogical traditions.  It's refreshing for me to see people go against the grain when it comes to innocuous things.  I'm not sure how Beyonce and Jay-Z are getting away with anything, as Blue dresses like a typical privileged child.  Her hair or North's hair being pulled back into a bun isn't controversial, so I don't see why it would be an issue for anyone.

People can dress their kids the way they want, and I'm fine with that. I do believe kids should be dressed practically for their own comfort and movability, but honestly, color, designer label -- go to town as long as the kid's okay with it and feels good in it. I didn't like the matching sheer dresses at the Givenchy show, however. Aside from the fact it looked like crap on Kim, it's mostly because Kim looked like she was stepping from the club into the bedroom -- it was a very adult look that was putting Kim's assets front and center. Putting something on North that matched that was a bit creepy, imo. I don't think Kim was overtly trying to tart up her daughter but instead took the matchy matchy thing too far. Maybe the outfit would have been fine on its own, but in the context of wearing it with and while her mom looked like she's headed out on the stroll, it was kind of messed up. That may just be me, however, because I find all glammed up little girls dressing like adults disturbing on so many levels. I used to get the willies when I saw Suri Cruise marching around in her little high heels -- probably one of the few who didn't find it cute, and that's how I felt about North's sheer dress.

For what it's worth, North, Blue Ivy, and pretty much most of their counterparts are all being dressed as privileged children, which is their parents' right. No matter what standard or tradition Kim and Kanye aren't following, make no mistake: chances are very high North is wearing something that a child of privilege wears, meaning an expensive, high end, designer label. It's just a little less mainstream.

• Love 4

Oh my God, who is that kid with the pacifier in her mouth?! She is way too damn old for that. My uncle is an orthodontist and has a nicely padded retirement account due to all these idiot parents jacking up their kids' bites and palates by letting them suck on pacifiers far longer than what's necessary.

North looks cute, Blue Ivy looks like her dad.

Oh my God, who is that kid with the pacifier in her mouth?! She is way too damn old for that. My uncle is an orthodontist and has a nicely padded retirement account due to all these idiot parents jacking up their kids' bites and palates by letting them suck on pacifiers far longer than what's necessary.

North looks cute, Blue Ivy looks like her dad.

Penelope

Blue Ivy does look like a cute little girl version of Jay Z, but to me North has her own look, an adorable mix of both her parents. I also get the impression that she has a sweet, quiet personality but I guess I'd have to ask the nannies as they're probably the only ones who know what she's really like, lol. But, seriously, my wish for North and all the other celebrity kids is that they can grow up identified and valued for who and what they are as individuals and not as a reflection, physical or otherwise, of who their parents are.

Blue Ivy does look like a cute little girl version of Jay Z, but to me North has her own look, an adorable mix of both her parents. I also get the impression that she has a sweet, quiet personality but I guess I'd have to ask the nannies as they're probably the only ones who know what she's really like, lol. But, seriously, my wish for North and all the other celebrity kids is that they can grow up identified and valued for who and what they are as individuals and not as a reflection, physical or otherwise, of who their parents are.

Kim strikes me as the type of mom who only interacts with her child when the child is quiet calm and cooperative. At the first hint of contrariness she dumps her on the nanny. North learns that if she wants mom she has to act a certain way.

• Love 2

Kim strikes me as the type of mom who only interacts with her child when the child is quiet calm and cooperative. At the first hint of contrariness she dumps her on the nanny. North learns that if she wants mom she has to act a certain way.

That's exactly what I always suspected.  I always figured as soon as she acts up she's handed off to the nearest nanny.

The other day I was watching Ashton Kutcher on Ellen and listening to him talk about his new baby was so refreshing.  When Ellen asked him if it was true they take care of the baby themselves he said that indeed they do, that when you hire nannies there are so many things you miss about watching your child grow up and he gushed about how his fiance is the perfect hands on mom who cares for the baby and is enjoying being a mom so much. He said they want to experience and learn everything first hand.  I thought it was so glaringly different than North who i'm not even convinced has had a diaper changed by her mother. Also important to note Ashton and Mila shield their baby from paparazzi, arent whoring out pics and arent using her as a photo op prop.

• Love 3

North learns that if she wants mom she has to act a certain way.

Or conversely she learned that if she wants back to the nannies that show knows best she needs to act a certain different way.

Kim has no interest in this child other than as an accessory.   She even cut the kid out of an instagram picture because her eyes were closed -- and she interfered with Kim's look.

• Love 2

Poor Blue Ivy, she could have looked like her Mommy, and instead got stuck looking like Daddy.  And, I do not think North is cute at all, not ugly either, just kinda blah.  IMO

It seems like any time you're a celeb kid with a gorgeous mom, you end up looking like your dad. It's like a cruel twist of fate or something. I think North is getting cuter as she's getting older, but I thought she was a homely baby.

• Love 2

Some of these celebrity moms owe their "gorgeousness" to cosmetic surgery which is not an inherited trait. I find it sadly ironic that celebrities, including Kim, are often criticized for undergoing cosmetic surgery or photoshopping their images and yet their offspring, especially daughters, are routinely scrutinized and insulted for having ordinary or "homely" looks. Demi Moore's daughters are a major case in point. But in the end it comes down to personal standards of beauty by which all adults and children are judged. Some people only see rosy-cheeked "Geber" babies as "cutie pies" while other people may have a more universal appreciation of attractiveness. Blue Ivy's parents obviously adore her and have made her a major focus of their lives. I am sure she will grow up to be a happy and confident young lady. I wish I had the same hopes for adorable baby North.

How about Alexa Ray Joel? Mom is Christie Brinkley, ends up looking like dad Billy Joel. Or as Veronique Bette already mentioned, Demi Moore & Bruce Willis' kids who have an unfortunate combination of both their faces (IMO). Occasionally you get one that looks like mom, Reese Witherspoon's daughter Ava could be a clone, & Angelina Jolie's kids (that she gave birth to) look like her before her nose job, but mostly, kids in Hollywood don't look anything like their parents because their parents don't look anything like themselves anymore.

• Love 2

I didn't say North was ugly now, just that I thought she was an ugly baby. Not all babies are cute, it's a fact of life.

The Olsen Twins are a prime example of this. They were not attractive or even cute babies. My mom always said they looked like troll dolls. They started getting cute when they hit about 3. North just always looks so damn sad it doesn't matter if she's the cutest baby the world has ever seen or not, it's hard to see anything else but the sad. 

• Love 3

North just always looks so damn sad it doesn't matter if she's the cutest baby the world has ever seen or not, it's hard to see anything else but the sad. 

I think there's a couple of reasons for that. One, I don't think North spends all that much time with Kim or Kanye so she's a little confused when one of them picks her up for a random photo op. Two, I think what little time they do spend with her is done at big, splashy noisy events where the paparazzi and crowds scare the poor kid. North is probably an entirely different child when she's with her nannies.

• Love 4

OMG! I'm definitely not a fan of any Kardashian or Kayne West. I don't watch their shows, don't buy their products. I'm not a hater by any means - I just don't like anything about them from how they convey themselves. I don't care how pretty you are, how much money you have - if you have an ugly spirit... you're ugly

& can someone PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dress this BABY like a BABY!!!!

north-west-lace-kim-kardashian.jpg

• Love 2

OMG! I'm definitely not a fan of any Kardashian or Kayne West. I don't watch their shows, don't buy their products. I'm not a hater by any means - I just don't like anything about them from how they convey themselves. I don't care how pretty you are, how much money you have - if you have an ugly spirit... you're ugly

& can someone PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dress this BABY like a BABY!!!!

That dress/blouse/shirt whatever it is looks ridiculous on a toddler and those fucking shoes look so uncomfortable. She looks like she'd rather be anywhere else except with them, 

I think my irritation with Kim regarding North's clothes, is that she insists that this is what North wants to wear and that she prefers neutrals. I wish she would just own up to the fact that she is dressing her kid the way she and Kanye want, and that it is them who prefer neutrals. My five year old niece is currently in the I want to wear whatever has sparkles and glitter on it. She picks out crazy outfit pairings, and loves to over accessorize. Usually as long as it is not a special occasion and it is weather appropriate she is allowed to wear her hot mess of an outfit. Though, to her credit sometimes she has a winner look on her hands. I wonder if North will be allowed different phases that kids have with clothes. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4

I think my irritation with Kim regarding North's clothes, is that she insists that this is what North wants to wear and that she prefers neutrals. I wish she would just own up to the fact that she is dressing her kid the way she and Kanye want, and that it is them who prefer neutrals. My five year old niece is currently in the I want to wear whatever has sparkles and glitter on it. She picks out crazy outfit pairings, and loves to over accessorize. Usually as long as it is not a special occasion and it is weather appropriate she is allowed to wear her hot mess of an outfit. Though, to her credit sometimes she has a winner look on her hands. I wonder if North will be allowed different phases that kids have with clothes. 

As long as the phases only include black, white, grey, and beige, sure, why not? 

That poor child. Maybe she would look happier if she was ever dressed in something comfortable. 

It will be interesting to see how this develops as North ages.

I have a friend that now has a 7 year old daughter. When the kid was born, my friend swore there'd be none of that princess, frilly, sparkly, girly bullshit in her house. And guess what? There's princess, frilly, sparkly girly bullshit in her house -- thank God! Because I was a little creeped out that my friend would impose her own version of what she thought was cool for her kid (and that's what a lot of it is about, in my opinion: people wanting cool, hip kids, I suppose because it makes them cool, hip parents). When her daughter was little, my friend dressed her as she pleased, but now that the child's growing and forming her own opinions, mom kind of has to let the child make her own calls (within reason).

Parents seem to really want to dress their kids hip and fashionably (like the Alexander Wang niece upthread), and I confess I do like seeing kids in some cute clothes. But I do get a little disgusted by the attempt to be so fashionable and cutting edge with not just a child, but a toddler, mainly because it seems more about the parents than the kids. I hope as North ages that her parents encourage her to dress as she wants within reason. I would think as an artist Kanye would be super-supportive of that.

• Love 2

It will be interesting to see how this develops as North ages.

I have a friend that now has a 7 year old daughter. When the kid was born, my friend swore there'd be none of that princess, frilly, sparkly, girly bullshit in her house. And guess what? There's princess, frilly, sparkly girly bullshit in her house -- thank God! Because I was a little creeped out that my friend would impose her own version of what she thought was cool for her kid (and that's what a lot of it is about, in my opinion: people wanting cool, hip kids, I suppose because it makes them cool, hip parents). When her daughter was little, my friend dressed her as she pleased, but now that the child's growing and forming her own opinions, mom kind of has to let the child make her own calls (within reason).

Parents seem to really want to dress their kids hip and fashionably (like the Alexander Wang niece upthread), and I confess I do like seeing kids in some cute clothes. But I do get a little disgusted by the attempt to be so fashionable and cutting edge with not just a child, but a toddler, mainly because it seems more about the parents than the kids. I hope as North ages that her parents encourage her to dress as she wants within reason. I would think as an artist Kanye would be super-supportive of that.

Rumor has it he controls Kim's wardrobe and Kim has something to say about everyone else's. I suspect poor North will have to resort to selling her possessions on the EBay in order to purchase the wardrobe she favors. And probably using the local gas station to change into it.
  • Love 2