Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: It's Just a Blip

Message added by Emma Snyder,

Please keep discussion to what happened in THIS episode. Off topic discussion such as, but not limited to, personal anecdotes, pet peeves, etc. belong in small talk. Afterparty discussion belongs in the Afterparty thread. Past season/contestant discussion belongs in their particular season.

• Start Topic

OMG Steve is so respectful & sweet! I hate how that's being wasted on a stupid child like Noi. He asked her if she wanted to talk about it & when & switched sides on the bed for her & wouldn't sleep apart. He's the best! She doesn't deserve him. He did put her on blast in front of everyone & she deserved it. She broadcasted her problems to the internet already, so what's the difference? She can't hide behind a screen? 😂😂 He should've asked if she'd like him to say she's not enough & the relationship isn't working out on his social media. It's a problem that she can't address her issue with him before posting, what doesn't she understand about that??! Then she cries about her apartment. Gimme a break! If you want your studio, don't get married. She sounds ridiculous. It was funny when she fell during the dodgeball game. She deserved that too. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, JenE4 said:

...but then she also said exactly how long it would be to move on with someone else. I feel like these two got off to a REALLY slow start, but they finally have promise.

I was like, "WHAAAAAAAT??????" I was confused. She said Michael would meet someone like her in 5 years & Jas would meet someone in a year & a half & that she'd regret giving up or whatever. Say WHAT?!! Was she giving alternate futures or what? They gunna be together or not?

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dakisela said:

Can someone tell me what O's job is?  Municipal Wastewater Operator?

I just googled it. Makes our water safe. $35,000 - $65,000 per year depending on location. 
He talked about student loans so I’d think he’d be higher up than an operator that is a starting position. 

And…since O seems to know it all I’d think he’d be in supervision!!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Lindz said:

I was like, "WHAAAAAAAT??????" I was confused. She said Michael would meet someone like her in 5 years & Jas would meet someone in a year & a half & that she'd regret giving up or whatever. Say WHAT?!! Was she giving alternate futures or what? They gunna be together or not?

If she’s at all knowing she might see that they really don’t fit together and was being nice in not saying it but predicting what might be!

She seems to find Michael a good guy but can see Jazmina just isn’t into him. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That kazeebo just had a baby! That farmer wasn’t lying! No one was prepared for the falling placenta!

I could've sworn he said, "pacenta." He's an idiot. He said, "tooken," & that he didn't want her to get "offensive" & has the nerve to talk about going to school. Who's responsible for his poor English? Kat's bad too. She said her, "mind state" & that she wasn't getting offensive. 🙄

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I can't with that Steve and Noi leopard print monstrosity. Steve looks like a sleazy 80s tough guy.

I was like, "WTF IS THAT?!?!!!" 😅😂 His tattoo was also visible through his shirt, making it so much worse. I think he picked that mess as their couple outfit. He also looked like he was wearing leggings in that jumping thing. AH!

• Love 1

Anyone else saddened by what the medium said about Michael being in love at first sight & being all in when he first saw Jas? That's so sad! Jas really hurt him on the honeymoon by saying he was aggressive & disrespectful. That told him she didn't accept him & didn't like him. If only she addressed it the right way. If only he didn't mess up like that, but mistakes happen. They should be allowed to make mistakes & give grace for them. Both wrongs screwed the marriage. So tragic.

In my opinion, Lindsey is simply a nasty, abusive alcoholic whose mother was probably a nasty, abusive alcoholic (“My mother said some unforgivable, very nasty, mean things to me.....”). She over-drinks on the weekends and exhibits alcoholic behaviors, like making people walk on eggshells because they never know when she’s going to erupt. Anyone who has ever dealt with an angry drunk knows how that goes.

Maybe that also explains her accusation that Mark isn’t consistent. I keep wondering why she doesn’t have any good examples and what that means. Lindsey is the inconsistent one (except for her consistently irritating “jokes”).

She wouldn’t have shown up drunk for her interviews with the experts, so they might not have realized how sick and damaged she is. Mark has dated women who drank too much, so he’s just trying to get to the end of the eight weeks without creating too much of a scene. He deserves a bigger paycheck for being on the show.

• Love 18
22 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

In my opinion. Lindsay had alcohol poisoning

I think so too. Although, idk the symptoms. She did get an iv & alcohol is dehydrating. Clever editing tricks they played, huh? Making it look like she exited the vehicle while it was moving. So messy. How kind was Mark? He took care of her & everything after she trashed him, embarrassed him, flipped out on him, & started another mess before bed. He actually stepped up & acted like a husband after all that. Mad props to him. It was surprising to see her apologize for "picking a fight," much less apologize at all. I hope she doesn't use sickness as a way to get this side of him. She saw that he didn't have the bug eyes when she spoke positively at the dinner. She knows she must be positive, so it's really on her. He is still standoffish and pulls away because she's unstable. She'd probably never realize that.

• Love 11

They showed Kat's fall THREE TIMES!!!!! Like. DAMN!!! Just like when they repeated her spanking O. This time, it was excessive. One time would've sufficed. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

At least Mark did apologize after she said that's what she wanted. How weird was it that O was the person trying to calm her down? I'm surprised it wasn't the producers. She was gunna be Michaela with the dramatics, yet said she was leaving, so she was Zack too!

That's the other thing - we've heard that she's out/done every episode - so leave already!  She's even said that she wants him to chase her, and refuses to learn that he's not going to do it.  When her friends urged Mark to tell her how he feels, he tried it (at the bowling alley - it did not work well for him 😄 ).  I'm not one who thinks marriage is all this "work" - but there are times when I need to pick my battles, change my own behaviors, or change how I approach Mr. P to get a different result.  But she never tries anything new!  And for all the times that she's told us she shuts down/is done, it never occurs to her that he has shut down and is done with her.

• Love 11

Mark isn't firm with his boundaries so he gets her grabbing him & talking trash about him in front of his face. However, his rejection is so obvious so why is she so desperate for him? No matter how he tells her not to touch him, she'd be rejected & hurt by it. He should explain why he has a problem with it & she should take a long look at her words & behavior & how it's contributed to him feeling uncomfortable with her. What is that grabbing thing? Just watching it makes me uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine experiencing it.

• Love 4

It's like Lindsey is trying to kill any connection Mark has with her. She really should've praised the sound bath Mark arranged. Especially since she really liked it. I hope she did. Hasn't she heard of positive reinforcement??? What doesn't she understand? How many more times does someone have to tell her to be positive? Positive=attractive, negative=repulsive. Very simple.

P.S. I knew Mark was napping at the end. 😅

• Love 6

Ain't it interesting what Mark & Lindsey consider "digs"? She thinks him saying she's hyper is dig. He thinks her saying his life is falling apart is a dig. They're both weird. WTF was she talking about him trying to knock her down when she's in her power? SAY WHAT??! Total weirdo! Why are they so sensitive? Why are they looking for things to be hurt about? Doesn't it get tiring? They could just take it as it is & keep it moving or be like, "please say that differently" or something. Lindsey is a broken record about Mark's life though, but it's not a dig. She needs to stop saying it. She needs to say what she means, that she's stood by him & supported him through all of his challenges & would like for him to do the same for her, how do they make that happen? Geez! He was totally shortsighted about her blowup over the kerosene til Michael said it wasn't really about that. She is the very definition of hurt people hurt people, yet she expects him to back her up & comfort her? SAY WHAT?!! She's so sick. She needs so much help.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

I could've sworn he said, "pacenta." He's an idiot. He said, "tooken," & that he didn't want her to get "offensive" & has the nerve to talk about going to school. Who's responsible for his poor English? Kat's bad too. She said her, "mind state" & that she wasn't getting offensive. 🙄

I stopped saying stuff about Olajuwon's ignorance weeks ago because I got slammed for assuming that and reminded what a "great" job he has and how much education he must have gotten to do it, which I personally don't think was much but I won't argue about that.

I don't care what he does or where he went to school, this guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.  Sometimes when I freeze the frame on him he looks like a real imbecile.  There's a lot more to intelligence and education than whatever he has that earns him his paycheck.  It's bad enough to be that dumb but to also be arrogant at the same time is a toxic combination.  Ironically he seems to have excellent insight into everyone else.  He should use some of that insight to take a long hard look at himself.

• Love 14
On 4/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, Cancun said:

Fire building is a skill (which is a set of behaviors), not a thing and he was clearly proud of his skillful accomplishment. She cut him down in an attack on his self esteem, in retaliation for the morning tiff.  If a toddler draws a picture and asks his mommy if she thinks it’s good, and mommy says “I’ve seen better” - that’s ok because a picture is a thing?

Excellent point. I ignored what Lindsey was really saying. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Mark isn't firm with his boundaries so he gets her grabbing him & talking trash about him in front of his face. However, his rejection is so obvious so why is she so desperate for him? No matter how he tells her not to touch him, she'd be rejected & hurt by it. He should explain why he has a problem with it & she should take a long look at her words & behavior & how it's contributed to him feeling uncomfortable with her. What is that grabbing thing? Just watching it makes me uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine experiencing it.

He has told her several times that we've seen not to grab him like that. It seems to me like an obvious thing for her to stop doing.  She just wants to treat him like she's imagined treating her "dream husband" and if he doesn't like it then he's mean and not "appreciating" her.  She tells us she's grabbing his hand to connect with him, but if he doesn't like it then he doesn't like it.  Notice it and stop!  Once again - if she's so "done" all the time, she should notice the things that make him seem "done" and knock it off!

• Love 13

So Noi wants to be a SAHM while Steve works to support the family? But she wants both of them to work right now? What if he required her to work like she's requiring him to? And O said he didn't want to support Kat & a kid. Interesting. 🤔 His timeline talk about her having a kid while finishing school made sense, how is she going to do all that & begin a career? Idk about multiple trips a month & she should've explained revisiting it later like she did to the cameras. Hopefully she did. Here they are talking about having deeper conversations, but did they figure it out? It was more like an introduction to it. & him saying, "not that there's anything wrong with that," is like his stupid shirt saying he's not talking at her. Unnecessary & also still triggered a little defensiveness. He still hasn't figured out how to say things. Don't say what you're not doing & what you don't think, say what you do in a nice way. Simple. I don't think they'll last. He's too much.

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/13/2022 at 9:22 PM, Cancun said:

When Mark asked Lindsay to admire the first solo fire he had ever built, and she said “I’ve seen better”, I really wish he would have said “That’s rude and your comment hurt me” and stomp off. Why can’t she see how she does the same stuff she complains about him doing? She is a mess.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Lindsey could benefit from intensive inpatient therapy. She’s not in a good place nor has ever been there. Bitch, yes, you care what people think, or that game wouldn’t have bothered you. 
P.S. That cat litter commercial had me cracking up. Much more entertaining than this show.  

On 4/13/2022 at 9:38 PM, Racj82 said:

Almost everything about Lyndsey is unappealing to me.

Her laugh, her over the top energy, the way she dresses, she looks like she smells weird, her cats (i dont like pets) she's thinned skinned but likes to act like she's a bad bitch that's as tough as leather. She's the perfect example of someone that can joke with you but can't take it.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:42 PM, kristen111 said:

The jury came in.  They all don’t care for Lindsey.  It’s not just us.  It all started on the plane where Mark had to stick up for her.  He didn’t tonight.  That’s what really got her.   She can dish it, but can’t take it.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:57 PM, Crashcourse said:

Lindsey is a hot mess and she really does need therapy right now, not marriage.  

On 4/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, JenE4 said:

Lindsey is so terrible that I almost forgot all about Alyssa. Lindsey is so vile and vindictive. She was cruel and cackling and insulting everyone that entire game by going out of her way to detail exactly why they are so terrible, and yet she was shocked and appalled to find out that nearly everyone thought she was most likely to start a fight?!? She was trying to start a fight with everyone the entire game!!! She’s so mean and yet so sensitive about herself at the same time—completely clueless that she’s the worst offender of this rudeness that she can’t handle from Mark nor anyone else. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Michael and Jasmina. They were so cute and caring and, dare I say, loving this entire episode. I also liked the way they took charge and planned all of the games and meals for everyone. They even had various couples’ t-shirts! I’m curious about their reactions to the psychic. It was like they both believed in the vision with the twins on a boat in a sunny locale…but then she also said exactly how long it would be to move on with someone else. I feel like these two got off to a REALLY slow start, but they finally have promise.

23 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

EXACTLY! She can dish it out but for whatever reason doesn't recognize that about herself. She really IS a mess. I've tried so hard to like her, but she truly does need counseling.

16 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

The only real annoyance I have is Noi   She needs to grow up   I really think if she and Steve decide to keep trying on decision day, he will be sorry   And they’re still not living together?  I think the producers should refuse to accept that situation   Have people sign documents that they will follow the norms of the show   I really like Steve and he’s being cheated   She doesn’t deserve him at all and I predict she will make him miserable if they stay together   He’s hot in his nerdy, intelligent, wise, kind way and she’ll never do as well in future   He can do better   Irony  Steve doing better  I mean   

Good Lord, Lindsey is the very definition of dishes out insults to everyone in the name of being "real" and then gets infuriated at the slightest criticism of her own behavior. This gets worse when she drinks.

Her demeanor and laugh are extremely off-putting. She thinks of herself as extremely sophisticated but she comes off very crass most of the time.

I also think she is very sexually frustrated that Mark The Shark does not want to be intimate with her.

Her little wake-up routine almost looked to be bordering on sexual assault, particularly when he plainly said "no" about a million times.

14 hours ago, Shauna said:

He is under the very wrong impression that his wife is there to serve him.  To be subservient to him, that is.  He's such an asshole.

The latter.  And who could blame him???????????

Olaj wants a wife that brings home the bacon, fries it up in a pan, and worships him constantly. Katina looks so beat down when she used to be so vibrant.

12 hours ago, sara416 said:

Katina's bodysuit thing she was wearing at that last meal made me double take. It was so close to her skin tone I thought she was naked at first. She has long and thin limbs and could really wear some clothes well, but that bodysuit was not one of those things. O's tshirt was obnoxious. 

Katina is a slim woman who sometimes dresses like she thinks she is a "slim/thicc" woman. The irony is that she does have a model body and would look good in almost everything except some of the stuff she actually wears.

11 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I've never said this about this show before (and I've been watching since Ep 1), but I am ready for this season to just end already.  What a clusterf---! 

I really have to chuckle about Mark, going back to him applying over and over to be on this show - be careful what you wish for, dude, LOLOL!!!

How did Olajuwan get to the point in life where he believes that he is 100% right in every way and any other opinion or point of view is WRONG?

Jasmina and Mike - just phoning it in until graduation/decision day. 

Steve and Noi - trying a little harder to look like they're "trying", but not really. 

4 hours ago, Lindz said:

OMG Steve is so respectful & sweet! I hate how that's being wasted on a stupid child like Noi. He asked her if she wanted to talk about it & when & switched sides on the bed for her & wouldn't sleep apart. He's the best! She doesn't deserve him. He did put her on blast in front of everyone & she deserved it. She broadcasted her problems to the internet already, so what's the difference? She can't hide behind a screen? 😂😂 He should've asked if she'd like him to say she's not enough & the relationship isn't working out. Then she cries about her apartment. Gimme a break! If you want your studio, don't get married. She sounds ridiculous. It was funny when she fell during the dodgeball game. She deserved that too. 😂

I am beginning to think that Steve is too emotionally intelligent for Noi.

I think her tantrum has to do with wanting a husband who will let her live a certain type of lifestyle and Steve will never be that guy. It probably frustrates her even more that Steve has the qualifications to secure a high-paying position but will never want a lifestyle all about work. Wrongly or rightly, she wants a man who is a provider and go-getter.

I think Steve is quite sweet and deserved better than Noi, who acts like a petulant child.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Hi folks! 👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾

Please pardon me. I'm multiple episodes behind reading the forum. I'll try to catch up.

Soo--- what's with all the Lindsey & O going outside in Vermont, or meeting on the roof at the apartment in Boston? Are they going out for smoke breaks or what? & maybe Production just doesn't want to say it plainly? That's the one thing I like about O--- his sympathy & willingness to try to help Lindsey.

All Mark said was: Lindsey is a little hyper. & that caused her whole meltdown. She said: he's selfish in bed, is putting out weak shit (sex), & is broke. She cut to the white meat! But, according to her, she was trying to "honor him." Lies she tells! I think she was sick the next morning because she drank too much. I mean, she drinks A Lot! on a normal day, but maybe she really over did it this time.

Lindsey is soo UP!!! UP!!!! UP!!!! & Then at the drop of a hat---- DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! I'M LEAVING! Personally, I couldn't take it. Clearly, she has a deep, unhealed emotional & psychological wound from her mother's rejection. For anyone who "gets" my name, I have some understanding about that. Then again, Jasmina was abandoned by both her mom & her dad. She has some walls up, but she has managed to be emotionally stable.

Also, Noi is 100% wrong for the social media stuff. Whether she & Steve stay together or not, she needs to learn that.

• Love 14

It would be awesome on Decision Day if Katina tells Olajuwon that she's saying no because he kept failing her tests by continuing to be a patronizing asshole.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20

It was nice to see the husbands (Steve) make dinner for everyone. O just has to have someone cook dinner for him, huh? So weird. That close-up of Michael breaking the spaghetti was so cringey. 😬 Jas talking about Lindsey making an Italian dish while she was on the way to Urgent Care was weird. They should've cut that. Like with Michaela's early exit, why didn't they tell the others they were leaving? At least tell one person so they could tell the others. O should've made breakfast since it's his specialty.

• Love 1

That place was nice! It looked HUGE! Out of all the individual dates, waking an alpaca seemed the lamest. Steve & Noi's looked most fun. The sound bath was most relaxing & fit Mark & Lindsey. The medium was cool & seemed to reveal things they hadn't even talked about. It was nice how Michael said Jas was looking out for him, but I find research impressive. He should've looked up what to expect. And Noi & Steve saying the others love each other was funny. They're so resistant too. Why? What's the big deal? They should be sharing their feelings with their spouse.

7 hours ago, qtpye said:

I am beginning to think that Steve is too emotionally intelligent for Noi.

Agreed. He’s much more mature than she is. Some men go for the little girl thing; Steve doesn’t seem to be one of them. He seems genuinely annoyed by her behavior. And the social media thing really is something she just needs to not do. I don’t post certain things because the people involved don’t want me to - like I have friends with “don’t post our kids on social media” rules so I don’t post their kids on social media. It is exactly that simple and not a hardship to me in any way.

2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

It would be awesome on Decision Day if Katina tells Olajuwon that she's saying no because he kept failing her tests by continuing to be a patronizing asshole.

I would love this (he needs to hear it put just this way - he is the way he is because I suspect nobody has checked him) but it seems unlikely. She seems enamored with him (“I want to be fearless like he is!”), for reasons I do not understand. He brings nothing to the table. Have they had sex? Maybe the sex is good.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

O just has to have someone cook dinner for him, huh? So weird. 

Maybe he watched too many episodes of the Honeymooners or the Flintstones when he was a kid.  "Wilmaaaa, I'm home, where's my dinner?!!!"  🙄

31 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Agreed. He’s much more mature than she is. Some men go for the little girl thing; Steve doesn’t seem to be one of them. He seems genuinely annoyed by her behavior. And the social media thing really is something she just needs to not do. I don’t post certain things because the people involved don’t want me to - like I have friends with “don’t post our kids on social media” rules so I don’t post their kids on social media. It is exactly that simple and not a hardship to me in any way.

I don't personally know anyone that puts that kind of personal stuff on their social media about their primary relationship.  It's just pretty much not done by most adults even in Noi's age bracket.  I think most people learn that it's not appropriate or that they would not be in their relationship very long if they continued to gripe about their partners, even if done in a vague way.  She is so immature that she doesn't even realize that yet!  That speaks volumes about her.  Plus the way she is avoiding telling Steve what it supposedly referred to if not him has guilt written all over it.  She has the emotional maturity of a child.

• Love 11

Is an episode complete without Lindsey saying she's done? 😅😂  What does she mean? It looks like it means she's done talking at that moment. If she ever said she was done with the marriage & leaving him, Mark would probably thank her for freeing him, in his mind. He'd just say, "Okay." 😅 Her empty threats are ineffective & she needs to stop. She does so many things wrong, it's hard to believe anyone tolerates her for more than a week. She makes him look like he doesn't do much wrong. She was too much for him from the beginning & only got worse. He's been done a long time & she knows it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think the participants keep forgetting why they applied to be a part of this show/experiment/ humiliation and it's because they each complained that they could not find a life partner.  However, instead of looking at themselves as having issues, all they can see are the perceived issues of their spouses.  In my opinion, all of them need some therapy/self-awareness before beginning a relationship.  Noi chooses both social media and her studio apartment over Steve while he is choosing being carefree over Noi (as in knowing how much financial security means to her but choosing to not pursue employment).  O chooses being in control over being in a partnership with Katina.  Jasmina chooses identifying everyone's "tone/attitude" issues while ignoring her own.  Mark and Lindsey both choose putting their past experiences onto their new spouses, etc., etc.

Where are the "experts"?  I believe that the participants were told they would have professional help to get through this experience.  Whoops, I think I answered my own question-if they were promised professional help then it wouldn't be coming from the show's experts...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I don't personally know anyone that puts that kind of personal stuff on their social media about their primary relationship.  It's just pretty much not done by most adults even in Noi's age bracket. 

I don’t personally know anyone who does this either but it’s definitely a thing some people do. My circle tends to keep our digital footprints small (I deleted my FB profile a few years ago, don’t miss it at all, and will never go back; my IG is private) but there are lots of over-sharers out there. Remember the DC cast member who was on social all the time? I think she had influencer aspirations, and she’s not unique. People build entire brands around over-sharing. I don’t follow her but people say on this forum that Jamie Otis tells all her business on social.

Noi whining “it’s my page!” really makes her sound like she’s 14.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t personally know anyone who does this either but it’s definitely a thing some people do. My circle tends to keep our digital footprints small (I deleted my FB profile a few years ago, don’t miss it at all, and will never go back; my IG is private) but there are lots of over-sharers out there. Remember the DC cast member who was on social all the time? I think she had influencer aspirations, and she’s not unique. People build entire brands around over-sharing. I don’t follow her but people say on this forum that Jamie Otis tells all her business on social.

Noi whining “it’s my page!” really makes her sound like she’s 14.

Most of the oversharers I've seen brag about how wonderful everything in their lives are to feel better about themselves or make others envious so they're less likely to gripe about relationship problems even if they exist.  I've seen it done about ex's but not present relationships.  I haven't seen too many people that build a presence based on griping about their spouse or SO.  If they did they wouldn't have them for very long, I'm sure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/13/2022 at 8:47 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Lindsey’s eyelashes don’t look as good as she thinks they do. 

i'm assuming these are eyelash extensions gone wrong?  

My daughter's had them done and they look fantastic but hers had a more natural look to them.  I know someone else through a league I play in who has ridiculously long extensions and they look AWFUL. 

Women need to remember:  less is more.  

• Love 8

I wasn't sure what Olajuwon wanted from Katina? To not finish college or whatever degree she's working on? To extend her timeline for kids?? To go back in time and make sure her future plans were aligned with his?? He spends a lot of time complaining about things but doesn't seem to have concrete solutions or compromises he's willing to make. I think maybe he has no intention of saying yes on decision day and is just going through the motions, stacking up reasons to support saying no.

There was something off about the timeline of Lindsey's illness. She seemed okay the night before, until they played that game. And they seemingly left relatively early in the morning to go to urgent care. So she was maybe sick for...8 hours? And already she absolutely needed to seek medical treatment and demand IV fluids? I feel like usually it's seek medical care if you can't keep water down for 12 hours or more. I know she has a medical background so maybe there were other signs but it just seemed to be convenient timing.

• Love 4

Kat should wear a shirt telling him to talk with her, not at her. 🙄😂

Or just one that said "shut up O."

She seemed okay the night before, until they played that game. And they seemingly left relatively early in the morning to go to urgent care. So she was maybe sick for...8 hours? And already she absolutely needed to seek medical treatment and demand IV fluids? I feel like usually it's seek medical care if you can't keep water down for 12 hours or more. I know she has a medical background so maybe there were other signs but it just seemed to be convenient timing.

She could have been sick from bedtime on. I have had some terrible stomach bugs (Norovirus twice) and while I didn't go to urgent care, I would if I had it to do over again. I don't necessarily think I'd have needed IV's but they have some wonderful anti-nausea meds that would have been great at the time.

And the social media thing really is something she just needs to not do.

I think it was hilarious that she was willing to broadcast her feelings to the world on social media but didn't want to talk about it with the other couples, or even with Steve. I, too, think she was completely in the wrong. 

• Love 13

Noi told the others their still figuring out trust. Says the liar. 😂 If she would be trustworthy, maybe he'd trust her! Steve hasn't done anything to break her trust, it's just her job requirement stemming from her poor upbringing. At least he's trying to give her the security she needs, what's she doing? Dying on her whack SM hill! 😒😒

• Love 3
On 4/13/2022 at 8:48 PM, Racj82 said:

Yep. Because he doesn't want to live his life like that. He got a vision of their life together during the fight on the plane and mentally he's been out every since.

I know Mark isn't perfect. Lord knows he isn't but I don't even think we are seeing much of him as genuine spouse because he's checked out.

Olajuwon and Lyndsey's friendship gives me the side eye. 

I can't with that Steve and Noi leopard print monstrosity. Steve looks like a sleazy 80s tough guy.

Katina and those damn cat suits. Looking like she is going to fight crime.

Olajuwon and Lyndsey apparently get along very well.  Do you know why?  Because they're exactly the same person(ality).

They're just male and female versions of each other.  Loud. Outspoken. Thin skinned. Dramatic.  Judgmental.  I could go on.

I'm (slightly) confident in Mark opting out of this farce on Decision Day.  I don't share that same confidence about Katina.

As a matter of fact, I'm concerned for her in the future.  She appears to be as beaten down as Mark.  But she's still willing to please this man.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Lindz said:

Anyone else saddened by what the medium said about Michael being in love at first sight & being all in when he first saw Jas? That's so sad! Jas really hurt him on the honeymoon by saying he was aggressive & disrespectful. That told him she didn't accept him & didn't like him. If only she addressed it the right way. If only he didn't mess up like that, but mistakes happen. They should be allowed to make mistakes & give grace for them. Both wrongs screwed the marriage. So tragic.

I don't think their marriage got off to a good start.  Michael is a completely different man today than he was on the wedding day.  He did speak agressively and disrespectful until Jas told him to tone it down.  He did and they mellowed out.

I wonder if she's not much into facial hair?  I wonder if a good shave could do wonders for a big kiss and anything else that might follow.

That's a lot of hair if Jas doesn't really care for it.  I don't care for it at all and I think it would be a turnoff to me.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

He did speak agressively and disrespectful until Jas told him to tone it down.  He did and they mellowed out.

What did Michael say that was aggressive and disrespectful?  I'm asking because I haven't watch full episodes.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I loved it when they were in the pool and Lindsey was saying how much of a mess Mark is and that, basically, she had to come in and rescue him.  She's something else, that's for sure.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think their marriage got off to a good start.  Michael is a completely different man today than he was on the wedding day.  He did speak agressively and disrespectful until Jas told him to tone it down.  He did and they mellowed out.

I wonder if she's not much into facial hair?  I wonder if a good shave could do wonders for a big kiss and anything else that might follow.

That's a lot of hair if Jas doesn't really care for it.  I don't care for it at all and I think it would be a turnoff to me.

Facial hair is a turnoff for me, and his definitely is!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I would love this (he needs to hear it put just this way - he is the way he is because I suspect nobody has checked him) but it seems unlikely. She seems enamored with him (“I want to be fearless like he is!”), for reasons I do not understand. He brings nothing to the table. Have they had sex? Maybe the sex is good.

On an Afterparty episode,  Olaj said that HE decide that they should not get intimate before Decision Day.  Of course, he could be lying.

Ain't it funny how the episode is titled after something Mark said. Mark? The guy that's been done & is coasting along, trying to survive until DD?? 😂😂 It was useful to Lindsey, too bad she didn't use it. Maybe she thinks it only applies to things that don't involve him. What's Mark's list of issues? Grabbing him, embarrassing him, being negative & moody, Lindsey yelling & hitting below the belt, on & on & on & on. Does she really expect him to be loving & have her back with all that??!! GET REAL!!!

• Love 3

What gets to me about Noi also, is her saying that the social media post had nothing to do with Steve.  Uh huh, sure Jan. She really is 12 years old inside.  Steve is going to have his hands full with her; she doesn’t seem like she’d be satisfied with anything. I think she wants to be married and taken care of more than she wants Steve, himself.  

• Love 14

How about the shady editing showing the faces everyone made when Lindsey was doing her creepy laugh? Made it even more uncomfortable. What'd they think would happen when they said she was a loser? I mean, really. I doubt Mark could've made it better if they were close & he had her back & she hadn't burned him. Like said she's a winner to him or whatever. What a terrible game. Who says who the loser is? Lame. Lindsey's too easy a target. I'm surprised they didn't have a "Most likely to get drunk." 😅😂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

What did Michael say that was aggressive and disrespectful?  I'm asking because I haven't watch full episodes.

i watched them all and i don't recall anything that was at all disrespectful and, though jasmina seemed to find some things he said aggressive, i did not find those things to be at all

• Like 1
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, cinsays said:

i watched them all and i don't recall anything that was at all disrespectful and, though jasmina seemed to find some things he said aggressive, i did not find those things to be at all

Yes, the reason I asked was, based on what I've seen so far, I haven't seen him being disrespectful or aggressive.  I think she said those things because she didn't want to come out and say she wasn't attracted to him and used his "behavior" as an excuse.  I do think she feels sorry for his sad past, but she should be honest and just tell him she likes him as a friend, but not a husband.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Could be the facial hair and I think also his height, which unfortunately he can't do much about. She specifically requested a tall guy. 

1 hour ago, Lindz said:

How about the shady editing showing the faces everyone made when Lindsey was doing her creepy laugh? Made it even more uncomfortable. What'd they think would happen when they said she was a loser? I mean, really. I doubt Mark could've made it better if they were close & he had her back & she hadn't burned him. Like said she's a winner to him or whatever. What a terrible game. Who says who the loser is? Lame. Lindsey's too easy a target. I'm surprised they didn't have a "Most likely to get drunk." 😅😂

Yes! I also have noticed the editing monkeys have shown her multiple times pouring herself a drink with a wine bottle right in front of her while Mark and others are shown with bottles of water. This seems very deliberate. But I am also of the opinion that she was drunk as a skunk and went to urgent care with a wicked hangover. 

Noi is way too immature, inflexible and irrational for Steve - or a spouse for anyone at this point. Girl needs to do some growing up and I wonder if she speaks with that whiny voice at her job.  

• Love 7
On 4/13/2022 at 8:45 PM, Straycat80 said:

Mark isn’t either a touchy feely guy or he really can’t stand Lyndsay. 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:00 PM, kristen111 said:

He probably would if he loved the person.

Here's another possibility.  Speaking from experience, my husband is very touchy-feely and loves me, but when things get tense in a conversation between us, the last thing he would want is for me to touch him in any way.  Mark may be like that about being touched during tension.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:26 PM, Crashcourse said:

I don't hate it and it's good they're having fun.  They just aren't interesting, at least to me. 

I really think the producers/editors don't have a good understanding of what we, the audience, might want to see.  They mentioned something on the After Party, which is relevant here, but I will put it in a spoiler tag.  It's exactly the kind of stuff that they should show more of, to help us see these people just being casual, fun, and goofy.

Spoiler

Jasmina said that while on the retreat, they had a good old-fashioned dance party, with everyone just totally cutting loose, and having dance contests, and just having fun. 

15 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

He’s hot in his nerdy, intelligent, wise, kind way 

That is a great way of describing Steve!

On 4/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, mythoughtis said:

And saying to the group that she lies to her husband when she says he’s  good in bed is ok?  That’s a lot worse than him calling her hyper in private.  

Gotta agree with this.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Here's another possibility.  Speaking from experience, my husband is very touchy-feely and loves me, but when things get tense in a conversation between us, the last thing he would want is for me to touch him in any way.  Mark may be like that about being touched during tension.

I had that thought too.  Mark probably doesn't mind her touching him when they're having a nicer time together.

I know a lot of people think Mark is just waiting it out until he can get away from Lindsey but I don't think he's ready to pull the plug yet.  He's still confused and conflicted over her.  He's obviously getting something pretty important to him from the relationship but he's not sure he can deal with all the negatives.  It's a tough spot to be in because he's afraid he'll regret it if he says no on decision day.  And that's one reason I still think he might say yes.  I know it looks crazy to us but I'm thinking about things from his point of view.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lizajane said:

Could be the facial hair and I think also his height, which unfortunately he can't do much about.

I feel like she had it out for him from the time he said he doesn't watch TV. I recall a snarky "Marvel" comment.

5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What gets to me about Noi also, is her saying that the social media post had nothing to do with Steve.  Uh huh, sure Jan.

Let's say she's telling the truth and it wasn't about him (although I concur with "sure Jan" LOL); like he said in the last episode, people are going to assume it was about him. 

• Love 3

I usually post sooner but this has been kind of a perplexing season.

Lindsey & Mark ~ No hope these two can exorcise their demons and become human enough to adapt to marriage.

Noi & Steve ~ they should hang in there. Couples should only throw in the towel if it is obvious there is no hope. If they are getting along and working on making it better they should agree to stay married. Takes more than eight weeks to break in a pair of shoes sometimes.

Katina & Olajuwon ~ Pick 'em. Coin toss who knows?

Jasmina & Michael ~ I have hope. They seem to be connecting on many levels. But Michael needs to connect sexually with Jasmina. Maybe talk to an ex-boyfriend.

1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Jasmina & Michael ~ I have hope. They seem to be connecting on many levels. But Michael needs to connect sexually with Jasmina. Maybe talk to an ex-boyfriend.

If it was OK with Jasmina that might not be a bad idea.  But I do worry about involving exes in stuff like that.

I think Michael was so scared away by Jasmina that he is afraid to let the walls down even a little.  I can't say I blame him after the way she acted in the first few weeks.  But I think by now she is feeling positive enough about him and the relationship that it might be possible but I think it can be hard for a couple to break out of that rut once they get into it.  Nobody wants to risk wrecking things up and they're afraid the other person wouldn't respond well to it.  It might be awkward and fail.  So they don't even want to risk it.  I think they're both so shut down to that side of themselves that they couldn't even feel chemistry with each other if they wanted to!  Jasmina keeps saying she doesn't feel it.  Well, she has to let the walls down first if she's going to feel anything.  It won't happen if you're still locked up as tight as Ft. Knox!  Where are the experts to help them with this???

• Love 4