Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: It's Just a Blip

Message added by Emma Snyder,

Please keep discussion to what happened in THIS episode. Off topic discussion such as, but not limited to, personal anecdotes, pet peeves, etc. belong in small talk. Afterparty discussion belongs in the Afterparty thread. Past season/contestant discussion belongs in their particular season.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, lizajane said:

Could be the facial hair and I think also his height, which unfortunately he can't do much about. She specifically requested a tall guy. 

Yes! I also have noticed the editing monkeys have shown her multiple times pouring herself a drink with a wine bottle right in front of her while Mark and others are shown with bottles of water. This seems very deliberate. But I am also of the opinion that she was drunk as a skunk and went to urgent care with a wicked hangover. 

Noi is way too immature, inflexible and irrational for Steve - or a spouse for anyone at this point. Girl needs to do some growing up and I wonder if she speaks with that whiny voice at her job.  

I hope Lindsey didn't waste Urgent Care resources for a hangover. Just sleep it off!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding.

Agreed! How would that conversation even go? "Hi, Sam? You don't know me, but I'm Jasmina's new husband. Who? Oh, right---I'm Michael. Yeah, thanks, man. Hey, look, uh, the reason I'm calling, well, it's a bit embarrassing....Haha, yeah no, she hasn't  said your name in her sleep...yet....I was just wondering, like, you were intimate, right? Wait! I'll explain! I'm, uh, wondering if you can give me any pointers. What about? Ummmm...."

• LOL 11
On 4/14/2022 at 7:47 PM, Lindz said:

They showed Kat's fall THREE TIMES!!!!! Like. DAMN!!! Just like when they repeated her spanking O. This time, it was excessive. One time would've sufficed. 😂

And still, i must have watched it TEN times. I kept rewinding it because I found it hilarious 😂 

Re Lindsey being offended at being called hyper: When I first started teaching, 20 years ago, my principal steered me away from calling a student hyper, saying that I am not a doctor. I disagreed that hyper was a medical term, but just went with it and have just called certain students active from then on.

Re Noi & Steve's leopard attire: That was the month-anniversary gift he got for her.

• Love 4
On 4/14/2022 at 1:29 PM, Leschele said:

Noi acts like she doesnt even cares about Steve. She's very disrespectful. He asked her for 1 thing...not to post vague childish post or memes that could be assumed is their relationship issues and she acts like that's too much to ask. Smh. So childish. 

She doesn’t care about Steve.  She knows him 6 weeks and she doesn’t care.  Too selfish and immature to understand since she married him she should try to compromise and be open to working things out with Steve.  Steve is looking for ways to make this marriage work.  I think they’ll both say yes a decision day but they won’t be able to work the marriage out long-term because of her inflexibility and selfishness. I don’t want it to work because I think Steve deserves better but it’s not my choice.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 13
On 4/14/2022 at 10:34 PM, Lindz said:

Mark isn't firm with his boundaries so he gets her grabbing him & talking trash about him in front of his face. However, his rejection is so obvious so why is she so desperate for him? No matter how he tells her not to touch him, she'd be rejected & hurt by it. He should explain why he has a problem with it & she should take a long look at her words & behavior & how it's contributed to him feeling uncomfortable with her. What is that grabbing thing? Just watching it makes me uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine experiencing it.

Don’t blame Mark.  Lyndsey doesn’t respect anyone’s boundaries.  Mark has strong clear boundaries but it doesn’t matter.  Lyndsey does whatever she wants and blames others.  No means no.  If a man did that grabbing thing they were be accused of assault. What if he threw her off of him?  Would that be a better, stronger boundary?  Lyndsey would probably call the police.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

It’s clear that I’m in the minority (or completely alone) but I like Lindsey. Is she perfect? Not even close. She is an obnoxious drunk, but I’m guessing that the drinking is amped up on the show because of nerves/being under the microscope. I’m disliking Mark less as the show goes on than I initially did, but bottom line- neither are bad people, just a bad match. It was nice to see Mark trying by arranging the sound bath, and that was definitely growth/boundary pushing for him, but they are completely different people. Speaking as someone who waited until her mid/late thirties to marry (and didn’t have it last), it is simply hard to merge lives as you get older. By that age you are set in your ways, less flexible, and pretty damn sure what you don’t want. I think Lindsey is trying to push Mark to think more about his happiness while at the same time, trying to push him into a path that increases his earning potential. I actually respect the way she’s handling that, but that’s not what he wants. He’s an adult and has already chosen a path for himself. 

Also in the minority about Noi/Steve. I don’t see ‘emotional intelligence’ from Steve. I see a dog that will not let a bone go. Drop it already. Just don’t stay together. Yes, Noi had a tantrum and posted something negative on social media. Yes, Noi has always envisioned a certain life for herself (3 kids and a stable home life). She’s allowed to want that, and should have been paired with someone who is less of a free-spirit. 

On the whole, I find this to be a likable group. They are just all poor matches.

• Love 7

With regard to Lindsey going to the Urgent Care and getting an IV, remember that she’s a nurse. She most likely walked in, told them what she needed and they gave her what she wanted. Yes, she probably drank too much, had a terrible hangover, but this wouldn’t have been the first time that happened. She had to know it was more serious than that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I hope Lindsey didn't waste Urgent Care resources for a hangover. Just sleep it off!

I hope not too but at worst it was alcohol toxicity - based on my own personal experience with wicked hangovers that resembled what she was going through, but I just puked my guts out and tried to hydrate and ride it out rather than going to the hospital. One of the reasons I have not touched alcohol in nearly 20 years.

• Love 6

A little late in saying this, but I would've quit the (as they say on the Oz version) "experiment" with Mark at the revelation of his bedbugs, never mind playing amateur exterminator. I simply could not look at him afterwards without getting the willies! 

So good on Lindsey for still trying to light Mark's fire, but his charcoals just ain't smoldering. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And still, i must have watched it TEN times. I kept rewinding it because I found it hilarious 😂 

Re Lindsey being offended at being called hyper: When I first started teaching, 20 years ago, my principal steered me away from calling a student hyper, saying that I am not a doctor. I disagreed that hyper was a medical term, but just went with it and have just called certain students active from then on.

I would call Lindsey relentless. And as others have observed, speculate that her mother called her hyper and couldn't handle her when she was young which damaged their relationship and set her off when Mark said the same thing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 4/15/2022 at 1:57 PM, Crashcourse said:

What did Michael say that was aggressive and disrespectful?  I'm asking because I haven't watch full episodes.

Unfortunately this was not the best example of how Michael talked to her because the moderator is clearly a Michael fan.  It does show her telling him she doesn’t like the way he talks to her. He has toned it way down since that talk. But perhaps the damage was already done!  Stay tuned. 

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, rlc said:

It’s clear that I’m in the minority (or completely alone) but I like Lindsey. Is she perfect? Not even close. She is an obnoxious drunk, but I’m guessing that the drinking is amped up on the show because of nerves/being under the microscope. 

I like Lindsey too.  She can't read a room and doesn't have any filter, but she strikes me as a ride and die; someone you can depend on.   Like her or not, she has totally saved the season.  The other participants with the exception of Ola, aren't very interesting.  

11 hours ago, rlc said:

Also in the minority about Noi/Steve. I don’t see ‘emotional intelligence’ from Steve. I see a dog that will not let a bone go. Drop it already. Just don’t stay together.

Again, right there with you.  When Steve's father called him a "vagabond" on National Television, it told me all I needed to know about him.  I believe he doesn't want to work because he is just plain lazy.  Millionaire, my ass.  Run, Noi, run. 

Dr. Viv has been MIA this season.  I wonder if she still with the show.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

You can get rid of bedbugs.  I'd be more concerned about getting rid of a drunken, nasty, foul-mouthed heifer.

I know that about bedbugs. Still, I stand by what I said, re: Mark.

OTOH, Lindsey turns too much on a dime, going from "Cootchy-coo, babe" to "I'm #*%¥ done!" to "Sure, I'll pose with you and the cats, all smiley-face" to "I [lie and] tell him it's [sex] good," cue grating loud laugh. 🤪

But aside from the lap-dance bit at the Bachelor Party, I don't remember seeing anything remotely romantic, sensual, or sexy about, from, or with Mark. 😴

And that's  before Lindsey publicly verbally emasculated him! 🤐

So now Mark brushes her away whenever---morning, noon, or night---his brash bride latches onto him, whether to seduce, to "support," or just to emphasize a point. Do. Not. Touch. The. Shark! 🚫 🦈

Then Lindsey takes a drink or four. And nothing is more attractive in a woman than going to the ER for alcohol excess, amirite? 🍷🥴🤢🍷

Bad, sad cycle. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, rlc said:

It’s clear that I’m in the minority (or completely alone) but I like Lindsey. Is she perfect? Not even close. She is an obnoxious drunk, but I’m guessing that the drinking is amped up on the show because of nerves/being under the microscope. I’m disliking Mark less as the show goes on than I initially did, but bottom line- neither are bad people, just a bad match. It was nice to see Mark trying by arranging the sound bath, and that was definitely growth/boundary pushing for him, but they are completely different people. Speaking as someone who waited until her mid/late thirties to marry (and didn’t have it last), it is simply hard to merge lives as you get older. By that age you are set in your ways, less flexible, and pretty damn sure what you don’t want. I think Lindsey is trying to push Mark to think more about his happiness while at the same time, trying to push him into a path that increases his earning potential. I actually respect the way she’s handling that, but that’s not what he wants. He’s an adult and has already chosen a path for himself. 

I think of myself as one who could have been an ideal candidate for this show - I didn't "wait" until age 39 to get married - the waiting was just what I had to do.  These guys all act like they can only be with their perfect mate or else!  Mr. P is actually kind of a Mark, in that he's very set in his ways, and when we got married was a total PITA about trying new foods and only eating certain things.  I found a way to work around that until someone outside of our marriage changed it.  He also likes to go to work and take a yearly vacation; I do that with him and travel throughout the year with my other friends.  I do appreciate being married, having a partner in life events and someone to be with, although we enjoy having separate TVs and rooms to hang out in 😄. Lindsey may be wanting to increase his happiness and earning potential, but the bottom line is that you can't change people and she's going about it by demanding that he listen to her and change. I thought they could make a good couple if she could just dial it back a bit, but she can't/won't do that, and I don't respect how she's "trying" with him at all!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I like Lindsey too.  She can't read a room and doesn't have any filter, but she strikes me as a ride and die; someone you can depend on.   Like her or not, she has totally saved the season.  The other participants with the exception of Ola, aren't very interesting.  

Again, right there with you.  When Steve's father called him a "vagabond" on National Television, it told me all I needed to know about him.  I believe he doesn't want to work because he is just plain lazy.  Millionaire, my ass.  Run, Noi, run. 

Dr. Viv has been MIA this season.  I wonder if she still with the show.  

I could not stand Lindsey the first couple of episodes, but she grew on me despite knowing that I shouldn't like her.

I feel like Mark is the type of guy who is a different person depending on who he is talking to.  Like the type that would talk shit about Alyssa to everyone talking shit about Alyssa and then befriend her.   Not done nefariously but that he tells you what you want to hear and Linds sees through that.  She is who she is, Mark is not.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/14/2022 at 7:55 PM, Lindz said:

She really should've praised the sound bath Mark arranged. Especially since she really liked it. I hope she did.

What got me about that scene was her poking him and saying "Spider" to startle him.  All I could think was how she would have reacted to him doing that.  I can imagine her going on and on about how he ruined her peaceful mood and how terrible he is.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lh25 said:

What got me about that scene was her poking him and saying "Spider" to startle him.  All I could think was how she would have reacted to him doing that.  I can imagine her going on and on about how he ruined her peaceful mood and how terrible he is.

They are in a terrible pattern.

Mark the Shark is emotionally running from her but keeps the peace in order to keep his place on the show and his paycheck.

She can't believe this guy, who she thinks is a bit of a loser, is not into her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I like Lindsey too.  She can't read a room and doesn't have any filter, but she strikes me as a ride and die; someone you can depend on. 

She is ride or die but she's never going to let you forget it. That alone drives me crazy. 

• Love 6
On 4/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, Yeah No said:

I'm really just bored of this by now.  It's the same crap every week.  How many times can I post about how messed up Lindsey and Olajuwon are?  I am still incredulous at Michael and Jasmina's positive transformation, but I fear that it's not going to last or be enough to make them last past decision day.  The problem is that no one is making a romantic move.  I think Michael is afraid to move in, even for a simple kiss or cuddle.  Her attraction for him might increase after they have some physical contact.  Where are the experts to tell them this?   It looks like Viviana is AWOL now.

Noi really is a spoiled brat baby.  Her attitude is really getting under my skin now.  I can't believe how she acted to Steve about the social media issue.  I don't blame him for wanting to discuss the issue.  At first I thought maybe she just didn't want to do it on camera, but she just didn't want to discuss it period.

I really didn't need to hear about alpaca placenta and how the dogs will eat it.  Just gross, why did they let that air?  This show has zero class, not that it ever did, but they continue to sink to new lows.

I actually think this was one of the least combative retreat weekends in MAFS history.  Aside from Lindsey and her usual antics, they were all basically singing kumbaya with each other the entire time.  I'm actually appreciating how much they've grown to like each other.

Of course LIndsey has to misinterpret Mark, throw a fit and ruin any good time they might have had.  Although he should know by now that she can't be joked around with like that.  He shouldn't have to walk on eggshells with her.  For all she supposedly does for him she can be incredibly selfish and destructive.  Mark, in the long run she isn't worth it.  Yes to her needing long term therapy before she can handle a romantic relationship.  

You just basically said everything I wanted to say, so I'll just say "ditto".

One last thing though: When it was time for the guys to cook, that asshole O just sat there contributing NOTHING. Apparently, it's EVERYONE'S job to cook for him, not just Katina. Where is YOUR growth, dumbass? Why don't YOU learn to cook? Apparently, it's ok for him to throw up his hands and say "I don't know how to cook!" even when it is HIS RESPONSIBILITY, but not ok for Katina to do the same. I swear, there have been some really awful men on this show, but this one really pisses me off more than the others for some reason.  His smug, supercilious attitude really enrages me. God, please let there be some sort of comeuppance for him!!!!

• Love 7
On 4/16/2022 at 9:55 PM, Adeejay said:

I like Lindsey too.  She can't read a room and doesn't have any filter, but she strikes me as a ride and die; someone you can depend on.   

Sure you can depend on her.  You can depend on her to say inappropriate things, belittle the crap out of her husband (privately and publicly), get drunk in public, refuse to take no for an answer, threaten to leave every.single.time that she doesn't like what her partner says, refuse to truly hear her partner, drastically over-react to criticism, pass judgment on everyone except herself, be hypocritical in what she finds fault in others, and accept no responsibility for her own behavior.  I'll take a hard pass on that.  

• Love 16
19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Sure you can depend on her.  You can depend on her to say inappropriate things, belittle the crap out of her husband (privately and publicly), get drunk in public, refuse to take no for an answer, threaten to leave every.single.time that she doesn't like what her partner says, refuse to truly hear her partner, drastically over-react to criticism, pass judgment on everyone except herself, be hypocritical in what she finds fault in others, and accept no responsibility for her own behavior.  I'll take a hard pass on that.  

Not only all of these things, but her "ride or die" attitude comes with strings - if you piss her off, she's going to remind you of every little thing she's done for you.

• Love 7
On 4/18/2022 at 10:55 AM, Elizzikra said:

She is ride or die but she's never going to let you forget it. That alone drives me crazy. 

Lindsey snaps from “ride” to “die” in a split second. If she has the slightest inkling that you’re not “ride” for her, well you can go right ahead and “die.”

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Lindsey snaps from “ride” to “die” in a split second. If she has the slightest inkling that you’re not “ride” for her, well you can go right ahead and “die.”

Perfectly said.

• Love 5

Lyndsey makes for good tv. She is also a miserable person that I would run away from in real life. Thus, I don't like her. 

On 4/16/2022 at 9:55 PM, Adeejay said:

If Noi would directly answer questions or actually gave a shit about Steve's concerns, he wouldn't have to keep repeating himself. He won't let the social media thing go because he actually cares about the issue and wants to fix it. He's being a grown adult not a whiner or complainer. That role goes to Noi.

• Love 8

Again I am responding to a topic from two years ago, but I only watch this show once it comes on Netflix.  I am amazed at the people defending Lindsey.  Yes, she’s damaged and needs therapy, no question.  

But to say in a roomful of people, “I lie about sex to my husband, meaning I pretend it’s good” is just unforgivable!  

She gets all upset when he calls her “hyper” in private but doesn’t understand how demeaning that public comment is?  

I’m surprised he didn’t walk away after that but then she doubled down with the “who would spend more money on their spouse” question, and when Mark said himself she collapsed in laughter (that horrible laugh).

Then the next day he’s researching the nearest urgent care and taking her there, for her very urgent hangover, and her very urgent need to not be around the other couples who were like crickets chirping after the lying about sex comment.