Type keyword(s) to search

The View: The Week of 4/11/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, April 11 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Melissa Rivers (author, “Lies My Mother Told Me”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, April 12 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Valerie Biden Owens (author, “Growing Up Biden”); ABC News’ chief meteorologist and managing editor of the ABC News Climate Unit, Ginger Zee

Wednesday, April 13 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Jerrod Carmichael (“Jerrod Carmichael: Rothaniel”);  Julia Haart (author, “Brazen”)

Thursday, April 14 – Bill Browder (author, “Freezing Order”)

Friday, April 15 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 3/1/22) – Michele Tafoya guest co-hosts; Bob Odenkirk (author, “Comedy Comedy Comedy Drama: A Memoir”)

Reruns for the week of April 18. They return April 25.

18 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:
1 hour ago, SusanM said:

Ugh.  It's like the producers really hate the viewers of this show.

They do. I thought the idea of replacing the blonde was to get someone people could actually tolerate!!

2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

ACK!!!! I knew she'd be back. This is not good. BOOOO!!!!!

2 hours ago, falltime said:

Alyssa Farah Griffin

Alyssa Farah Griffin  ???   Alyssa Farah Griffin ???

Wasn't SHE the one who disagreed with everyone at the table.

PLEEEZE don't tell me they're trying to convince us we'd be happier with Eyelid1.jpg.190f59490a94ac07b1a17c9b4e9bf804.jpg

(edited)

Brian Teta really needs to get fucked with a rusty chainsaw. It's beyond time that a female led talk show that's been around for over 20yrs stops having to be EP'd by middle aged white men. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

It's really down to the two ex-Trump employees isn't it? 

Similar to Mick Mulvaney being hired by CBS, I think the producers want to pick someone like this for the notoriety that it brings.  It's like the lower they can go, the better.  Like a feather in their cap to 'land' one of these broads.  These are the fucked up times we are living in.  The only value a former Trump employee brings to this show is shock value and really, that's all the producers care about now.  Valuable content is no longer the intent or even the goal.  

And they won't make the same mistake they made with McCain this time round.  They will let the chosen one know from the jump that she is 'in on the joke,' that way there will no loose cannon moments.  The sparks being made will all be very controlled and planned.  I think that's already well under way what with the supposed "tea spilling of being a White House-insider bullshit."  🙄

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Similar to Mick Mulvaney being hired by CBS, I think the producers want to pick someone like this for the notoriety that it brings.  It's like the lower they can go, the better.  Like a feather in their cap to 'land' one of these broads.  These are the fucked up times we are living in.  The only value a former Trump employee brings to this show is shock value and really, that's all the producers care about now.  Valuable content is no longer the intent or even the goal.  

And they won't make the same mistake they made with McCain this time round.  They will let the chosen one know from the jump that she is 'in on the joke,' that way there will no loose cannon moments.  The sparks being made will all be very controlled and planned.  I think that's already well under way what with the supposed "tea spilling of being a White House-insider bullshit."  🙄

It will serve them right when the ratings sink. Does anyone else wonder if Joy will stay if either of these...women...get the job? She's almost 80, talks that she doesn't want to stay on the show forever and isn't her contract up after this year? I don't see this giving her incentive to stay, and I can't see Sunny being happy about it either. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

This is probably true but I will go sit by myself in the corner because neither Alyssa or Stephanie bothers me all that much.  If one of them is hires and I comment here how awful they are I expect my fellow posters to remind me of what i have just posted.  We could and have had worse cohosts.  At least these two aren't immature brats who need coddled.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

This is probably true but I will go sit by myself in the corner because neither Alyssa or Stephanie bothers me all that much.  If one of them is hires and I comment here how awful they are I expect my fellow posters to remind me of what i have just posted.  We could and have had worse cohosts.  At least these two aren't immature brats who need coddled.

I'll sit right there with you. Neither one is my first choice, but neither makes my blood pressure rise the way MM did either. They're both polite and behave like adults. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'll sit right there with you. Neither one is my first choice, but neither makes my blood pressure rise the way MM did either. They're both polite and behave like adults. 

I actually agree with you both, too, in spite of what I said above.  Sure, they are who they are and they are only being afforded this opportunity because of where they worked but at least they act like the grown ass women that they are and can be professional for the hour a day that we would be exposed to them.  Expectations are so low so it is what it is. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

It's really down to the two ex-Trump employees isn't it? 

Yes, it is!

I'd say they are 51% Alyassa Farah Griffin and 49% Stephanie Grisham, because Alyassa will less of a challenge for them.

1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

I understand what you guys are saying, but at least the blonde wasn't a "Storm Trooper", to use a term of Sunny's. It's like this job is a reward. 

Without getting too OT, the blonde only ever condemned anything on her team if she felt personally attacked somehow. I can’t go into further detail regarding that or the many other ways she was problematic due to board rules, but yeah I don’t look at her as above Alyssa or Stephanie. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Prairie Rose said:

They act like that now, but wait until one of them officially gets the job. Then all bets are off.

Lol If it happens guess the boards will go nuts again, and I’ll be part of the bitching.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Both of them are overtalkers and seem to incite everyone else to overtalk. At certain points all 5 at the table were talking simultaneously having 2 or 3 different conversations with everyone just talking louder and louder. My ears/brain detest cacophony. If the FFwd button doesn't clear it, the OFF button is my only resort. The moderators need to nip it in the bud before it becomes the norm.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

What is EVEN worse than Griffen, next week, Michele Tafoys on FRIDAY! Oops, just saw, that is Good Friday, is is a rerun.  Thank God, I thought the week could not get any worse.

Don't you wonder if the produces read this Forum, and remarks?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, Rightside said:

Yes, it is!

I'd say they are 51% Alyassa Farah Griffin and 49% Stephanie Grisham, because Alyassa will less of a challenge for them.

Until she gets under the wing of Ms Sunny Hostin.  

On 4/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, Triviatrish2 said:

What is EVEN worse than Griffen, next week, Michele Tafoys on FRIDAY! Oops, just saw, that is Good Friday, is is a rerun.  Thank God, I thought the week could not get any worse.

Don't you wonder if the produces read this Forum, and remarks?

I believe the last time there was a rerun week, they chose a Tafoya show then, too. Seems like Grisham, Farrah, and Tafoya are the top picks for Teta and whoever else is making the decision... Grisham's been back twice in a very short time frame, this is Farrah's third time, and Tafoya has the two times plus all the re-runs of her previous shows.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 2

I can’t give the exact quote but she was lamenting how Marco Rubio didn’t remember how immigrants such as his parents were discriminated against in Miami back in their day. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Happy we got a Joy-moderated show this week, after all.

Ana is right that Americans don't believe in the process when there continue to be no consequences for blatant crimes. And like with Sunny bringing up Hillary Clinton having warned that Trump would run again, everybody knows it's coming back around and that (as Alyssa said) they will attempt another coup if he loses again in 2024, only with more people in positions to help that happen via midterm successes this time around.

Sunny's nudgewink about JLO being on her 4th marriage ("I'm sure it'll all work out.") made me giggle.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny's nudgewink about JLO being on her 4th marriage ("I'm sure it'll all work out.") made me giggle.

Same here.  JLO just loves to be with a man full stop.  There is nothing wrong with that but with her track record, I would stay single.  You don't have to have papers on a man to be with him but like everything in life mileage varies.. 

• Love 6

I would like to hear DeSantis discussed when A F Griffin is a guest host.  She is one of the conservative seat options and DeSantis is just a smarter version of  #45 who she supported.  I would expect she would not be as hysterical as Hasselbeck was during her time in the chair, but the arguments might be just as heated.  I also read that she is a grad of Patrick Henry College, the same school that Madison Cawthorn attended briefly. 

FYI on View Your Deal, the Wolferman deal is interesting.  Every holiday one of my family members loves the Wolferman berry assortment and trust me it is literally half price today!😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don't know who the hell does the guest booking on this show but it sure seems like they've pulled out all the stops to find the most boring, irrelevant people. Melissa Rivers' teeth reminded me of Jim Carey in The Mask - too big, too white. Scary! And I see there are obvious problems filling the chair vacated by Hurricane Meghan so may I suggest they go with someone who has manners, class, a sense of humor and most of all, intelligence. If they get another rude, obnoxious, bitter woman-child, I will definitely bail. 

Why did Sara look like she walked off the set of Little House on the Prairie today? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, limestation said:

I don't know who the hell does the guest booking on this show but it sure seems like they've pulled out all the stops to find the most boring, irrelevant people. Melissa Rivers' teeth reminded me of Jim Carey in The Mask - too big, too white. Scary! And I see there are obvious problems filling the chair vacated by Hurricane Meghan so may I suggest they go with someone who has manners, class, a sense of humor and most of all, intelligence. If they get another rude, obnoxious, bitter woman-child, I will definitely bail. 

Why did Sara look like she walked off the set of Little House on the Prairie today? 

I said the same thing about Sara - she looked like Miss Beadle (the teacher) from LHOTP!!!   

The guest bookings this week seem pretty boring and irrelevant, as you said. 

I am not a fan of Melissa Rivers (loved, loved, loved her Mom, though) and I literally burst out laughing when they showed the clip of Melissa and Joan, where Joan said BW and David Letterman were F-buddies.  Melissa said "Oh, yes, I remember that soooo well and Joy - you were all over that" - Joy, in her best dry, sardonic way replied - "I wasn't there - that was during the two years when I was fired".  Such a great live TV moment!!!  It took Melissa and the rest of the hosts a little bit of time to get over that awkwardness, and I loved it!!!!  

• LOL 8
34 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Melissa said "Oh, yes, I remember that soooo well and Joy - you were all over that" - Joy, in her best dry, sardonic way replied - "I wasn't there - that was during the two years when I was fired".  Such a great live TV moment!!!

Heh, I loved that.

I had no opinion on Melissa Rivers until I saw her on Celebrity Apprentice with Joan a few years back.  She was a vicious spoiled brat, and Joan jumped to her defense when Melissa fought with other contestants, even when Melissa was in the wrong.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 7

I’ve been watching the show Stephen Merchant was promoting last week (The Outlaws on Prime).  In the epi I watched this afternoon one character was talking about his father emigrating to the UK when the signs read “no Blacks, no dogs, no Irish.” Funny coincidence.  (It’s a funny, sweet show about a bunch of people down on their luck bonding over community service and drug money.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, bluegirl147 said:

I like them too. I love a contrarian point of view. And they can handle their emotions much better than MM.

5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They need to be nice. Jlo is a friend of the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Don’t they say they have Emmy winning makeup artists in this show? Someone has to show them how to blend Sara’s cheek highlighter in. Ever time she turned her head all I saw were shiny stripes. 
it appears Sunny has finally toned down the fake lashes at least. 

5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here.  JLO just loves to be with a man full stop.  There is nothing wrong with that but with her track record, I would stay single.  You don't have to have papers on a man to be with him but like everything in life mileage varies.. 

every man she dates is always “the one”. It’s so tiring and at the point she’s totally cheapened the idea of her “one”

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

every man she dates is always “the one”. It’s so tiring and at the point she’s totally cheapened the idea of her “one”

I think J Lo loves the honeymoon phase of a relationship.  The day to day reality of a marriage not so much. If they make it, good for them.  If they don't I won't be surprised. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Heh, I loved that.

I had no opinion on Melissa Rivers until I saw her on Celebrity Apprentice with Joan a few years back.  She was a vicious spoiled brat, and Joan jumped to her defense when Melissa fought with other contestants, even when Melissa was in the wrong.  

Joan was pretty vicious too.  The apple does not fall far from the tree. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Joan was pretty vicious too.  The apple does not fall far from the tree. 

I loved Joan's daytime talk show in the late 80s/early 90s.  She was dishy but not mean. She could be extremely funny without making fun of people in a malicious way. I think she knew her audience.   Daytime audiences at the time didn't want a mean host. I still don't think they (or me) want mean hosts.

If not for Joan Melissa would not have her career and that is all I'm going to say about her.

Joy was a guest.  Her segment is the last one.

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/8d4b0302dc25366f9d33ffbe3a1075ba

Edited by bluegirl147
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

When pearson80 said Joan was vicious, I took it to mean she was vicious on Celebrity Apprentice.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Joan really went after anyone who had a conflict with Melissa on the show.  I don't think it was a good idea to have them on during the same season.

I just read in People that Melissa is thinking about adopting a child.  I don't think she mentioned that on The View (unless I missed it). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I see that Meghan's former hairdresser is doing Sarah's hair now. She deserves an award for her ability to make beautiful women look like shit.

OMFG What is that on top of her head? Someone needs to be fired.

• Love 1