Type keyword(s) to search

The View: The Week of 4/11/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

When pearson80 said Joan was vicious, I took it to mean she was vicious on Celebrity Apprentice.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Joan really went after anyone who had a conflict with Melissa on the show.  I don't think it was a good idea to have them on during the same season.

I just read in People that Melissa is thinking about adopting a child.  I don't think she mentioned that on The View (unless I missed it). 

You are indeed correct.  I was talking about Joan's shenanigans on celebrity apprentice.  Reality TV  brings out the worst in people in my humble opinion.  The producers put you in stressful situations with the sole purpose of creating drama and people fall for it every time.

I adored Joan's comedy and I loved how she called out Whoopie over her staunch defense of Mel Gibson on the view.   Whoopie was not happy about that and even doubled down.  I loved Joan even more after that..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I adored Joan's comedy and I loved how she called out Whoopie over her staunch defense of Mel Gibson on the view.   Whoopie was not happy about that and even doubled down.  I loved Joan even more after that..

I remember this.  

• Love 6

Yesterday Joy teased there would be something about Tucker Carlson after the break. I sure did not see anything. Then today, in the opening the announcer said they would be talking about the fact that Tucker has admitted he is not vaccinated.  Still nothing - I don't get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yesterday, Joy teased about an upcoming segment about the latest stupid thing Tucker Carlson said and then the ladies never talked about it.  Then today as Joy was throwing to commercial, she was about to say something but stopped herself and said, "I'm not going to tease something that we may not talk about".  I got a chuckle out of that!  (But, too late, Joy, the show already teased about Tucker Carlson in the intro to the show and you STILL didn't talk about it😏)

Debbie311, JINX! LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, HerkyJerky said:

Yesterday, Joy teased about an upcoming segment about the latest stupid thing Tucker Carlson said and then the ladies never talked about it.  Then today as Joy was throwing to commercial, she was about to say something but stopped herself and said, "I'm not going to tease something that we may not talk about".  I got a chuckle out of that!  (But, too late, Joy, the show already teased about Tucker Carlson in the intro to the show and you STILL didn't talk about it😏)

What did happen in that segment?  Was preempted due to the NyC shooting.

LOL I Google'd it and found out that Carlson bragged to a church in San Diego last weekend that he hadn't received any of the shots and would not be in the future. So if they do finally talk about it, it will be old news.

What Carlson chooses to do is up to him, but the problem is he has been telling Fox viewers for years that the virus and the vaccine are a bunch of hooey. Where is that karma bus anyway?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

LOL I Google'd it and found out that Carlson bragged to a church in San Diego last weekend that he hadn't received any of the shots and would not be in the future. So if they do finally talk about it, it will be old news.

What Carlson chooses to do is up to him, but the problem is he has been telling Fox viewers for years that the virus and the vaccine are a bunch of hooey. Where is that karma bus anyway?

Doesn't/didn't the Fox Corporation have very strict vaccine mandates? I say Tuckems is even more full of it than usual. This guy and his ilk make my blood boil. 😣😣😣😣😣

• Love 11

I loved Joan Rivers. I would always watch Fashion Police for her the same way I do The View for Joy, and FP going down in flames quickly without her is what I expect to happen to The View whenever Joy leaves.

I've loved having Joy moderating the past two days, even with Alyssa there, and hopefully this means she'll be moderating Wednesday and Thursday, too. I find Alyssa sort of stiff and boring. And she fools nobody with this fake nice act she's putting on while auditioning; the true her is still there bubbling under the surface, like when she tried to pretend both sides politicized masks and vaccines. That was laughable and I'm glad the panel treated it that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Not sure about Alyssa….she’s really asking where he’s going to work with the Rs in the future?  He’s been desperately trying to do that from the beginning.  Does she not listen to what her fellow Rs say?  They’ve made it extremely clear they won’t work with him period.  Am already yelling at the TV again and I really don’t want the show to become that again!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Joan Rivers. I would always watch Fashion Police for her the same way I do The View for Joy, and FP going down in flames quickly without her is what I expect to happen to The View whenever Joy leaves.

I've loved having Joy moderating the past two days, even with Alyssa there, and hopefully this means she'll be moderating Wednesday and Thursday, too. I find Alyssa sort of stiff and boring. And she fools nobody with this fake nice act she's putting on while auditioning; the true her is still there bubbling under the surface, like when she tried to pretend both sides politicized masks and vaccines. That was laughable and I'm glad the panel treated it that way.

I read somewhere that Whoopi would be out for an extended period (whatever that means) due to filming something.

56 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Not sure about Alyssa….she’s really asking where he’s going to work with the Rs in the future?  He’s been desperately trying to do that from the beginning.  Does she not listen to what her fellow Rs say?  They’ve made it extremely clear they won’t work with him period.  Am already yelling at the TV again and I really don’t want the show to become that again!

He? Who are you talking about?

4 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I was not a huge fan of Joan Rivers. However I love this clip!

I meant to copy the clip not this comment, but, I guess this works, too.
Wasn’t it Whoopie’s comments about the Holocaust what recently got her her two week suspension?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Axie said:

Wasn’t it Whoopie’s comments about the Holocaust what recently got her her two week suspension?

Yes.  In the clip she says she knows the Holocaust happened.  It seems she just didn't understand why it happened.

14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I left when Joy left before.  And I doubt I was the only one.  If and when Joy leaves they will have to revamp the show.  If they keep it the same Joy's absence will be felt. I've said before I doubt Sunny is sticking around much longer. Sunny could be replaced.  Joy cannot.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Doesn't/didn't the Fox Corporation have very strict vaccine mandates

I think he tapes his show remotely and the mandate is for in-office personnel. But I can't imagine he has not been to the studio at all in the last year. I think he's full of it too.

• Useful 1

Oh, good God. “Defunding police” does not mean soft on crime. Thanks, Sunny, for pushing back on Alyssa’s misinformation and talking points re guns and Pence.

IN just passed a no permit law this year. The gov vetoed it but the legislature overrode him.

I’d read about the Cam Newton interview the other day and my jaw dropped. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Oh, good God. “Defunding police” does not mean soft on crime. 

You are 100% correct but that is what a lot of people understand it to mean and that to me makes it a bad slogan as most people just see that and don't read any further.

• Love 9

Alyssa Griffin's wording is shady. For example, saying she is a conservative so she supports the police as if others do not. There are several more examples in just first 10 min. I have been watching the show a little more but I think I'm just about done. I really want to hear both sides with actual facts not twisting words like she does.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

TGK, same!  I'm a guy, so what do I care about fashion?  But Joan's jokes were the best.  She skewered everybody!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, madfortv said:

For example, saying she is a conservative so she supports the police as if others do not. There are several more examples in just first 10 min. I have been watching the show a little more but I think I'm just about done. I really want to hear both sides with actual facts not twisting words like she does.

Unless it's the capitol police being overrun with tourists obviously.

• Love 6

Why do I not believe that scores of people have come out to Sunny becuase she is so accepting of "it"?

Well, because she referred to homosexuality as "It" at least three times. Also came off as an humble brag of how cool and open minded she is. She is not either of those things.

• Love 5

Probably the best show this week so far (although I enjoyed Joy's stories about her father and driving yesterday). Partly because the guest co-host. No, I don't mean Alyssa, she's still stiff and boring, but Julia Haart. I know that may be a minority opinion, but I'd enjoy her being there every day, hearing from the perspective of someone who's come from a strict religious background like hers. Also really enjoyed the interview.

Sunny was perfect on the Mike Pence discussion, what he does and what he says don't match. Alyssa brought up the Clintons and DOMA, but that's such a misnomer since it was a time when LGBT still had very little support among the public; DOMA was intended to at least shield LGBT from being deliberately searched for, outed, and thrown out of the military at a time when that was what people wanted to do. Quite a huge difference from Mike Pence deliberately refusing to allow LGBT citizens in his state medical aid and causing a HIV epidemic.

Moreover, Alyssa tried to pretend the Mike Pence's won't go after same-sex marriage because the vast majority of the public are supportive of it (she also used climate change as another example). I was glad when Julia Haart brought up the bans on women's rights that are in progress, since those rights are also largely supported by the public and they're still gunning for it. I agree with Joy, this is about fear of women having come so far, they want to push the clock backwards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, madfortv said:

Alyssa Griffin's wording is shady. For example, saying she is a conservative so she supports the police as if others do not. There are several more examples in just first 10 min. I have been watching the show a little more but I think I'm just about done. I really want to hear both sides with actual facts not twisting words like she does.

This woman is insufferable. Like @Rainyhawk, I'm starting to yell at my TV again. Joy is absolutely right about the war on women and the patriarchy. 

• Love 13
On 4/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Gemma Violet said:

When pearson80 said Joan was vicious, I took it to mean she was vicious on Celebrity Apprentice.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Joan really went after anyone who had a conflict with Melissa on the show.  I don't think it was a good idea to have them on during the same season.

I just read in People that Melissa is thinking about adopting a child.  I don't think she mentioned that on The View (unless I missed it). 

She did mention it but briefly.  She said they talked and they said she wasn't a good match.  Apparently due to her age.  Couldn't she file some suit because of her age?  Age is just a number, it means nothing. Shes fit.  Unless there's something medically wrong that she didn't want released. Who knows.  What throws me is all the $$$$ she has.  That's enough to raise. 20 kids.lol. i dont see ANY agency refusing to do that because they're so in the black,.

1 minute ago, Tammy12 said:

I would have loved to hear about all of the drama going on in Julia Haart's world right now. 

That would mean that hag alyssa actually shutting the fuck up for more than 10 seconds and letting someone else speak.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Why do I not believe that scores of people have come out to Sunny becuase she is so accepting of "it"?

Well, because she referred to homosexuality as "It" at least three times. Also came off as an humble brag of how cool and open minded she is. She is not either of those things.

Sunny strikes me as someone who is "tolerant" of "it".  Meaning she knows it's not OK to be against LGTBQ but she isn't an ally. 

• Love 5

I’m glad they asked Julia to cohost for the full hour instead of just being there for a segment to promote her book. She had some interesting insight into the topics and contributed more astute remarks than Alyssa. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Sunny strikes me as someone who is "tolerant" of "it".  Meaning she knows it's not OK to be against LGTBQ but she isn't an ally. 

Yes--she is secretly judging. If I were to out myself to anyone on the panel, it would be Sarah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, madfortv said:

That appears to be a common tactic and definitely a dog whistle intended to reinforce division.    You don't hear Joy saying, I'm liberal so I support teachers.   She relates her support of teachers her personal experiences and not her political beliefs.    

I'm thinking no one on the panel actually watched Jerod Carmichael's special.     It was good, almost like a one man play.   He has a very intimate way of connecting with the audience, much like he did with Sunny.   And  I don't remember him saying black women were the hardest to come out to.   I remember him joking that  his black female friends were ok with him coming out, but were more upset that he dated white men 🙂

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

How can you say that Sunny is a fake ally to the LGBTQ community.  Sunny was talking about the fact that the guest who is a gay Black man said that he was more fearful of Black women rejecting him after coming out as gay.  Sunny was surprised by that as was I. 

Being Black, I know that  in general Black women tend to be more open minded about a lot of things.  Black women are loving and empathetic especially when it comes to issues that pertain to Black men.  That was Sunny's point when she was having that side bar conversation with the guest.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

How can you say that Sunny is a fake ally to the LGBTQ community. 

That is my impression of her.  I don't know her personally so I'm only commenting on how I perceive  her.  

• Love 2

I am LOL at Sunny & Joy's discussion of "Criticism", Sunny admits she doesnt like "un-solicited criticism" and Joy laughs at her as if she knows personally what Sunny is talking about.  Joy appreciates when someone critiques her play she is writing, but Sunny reveals she has to bite her tongue & not blurt out blunt thoughts to people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Guess I’ll be passing on Sunny’s books since she takes criticism from her editor personally then ignores it. 

Sunny's comments today are very revealing, she is certainly "touchy"...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Guess I’ll be passing on Sunny’s books since she takes criticism from her editor personally then ignores it. 

I read both her books.  Her memoir made me change the way I thought about her and not in a good way. Her novel IMO was just an average read.  It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

It's always a pleasure to see Deborah Roberts. I was so happy to see her and Julia Haart (for the second straight day!) instead of Griffin.

I like Deborah, she is always so pleasant. And I did not know much about Julia, but she is a very interesting person & I enjoyed hearing about her life story...

• Love 13
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I like Deborah, she is always so pleasant. And I did not know much about Julia, but she is a very interesting person & I enjoyed hearing about her life story...

Whenever Deborah is on, the panel is elevated automatically because she is a newsperson. It recalls the halcyon days of Meredith and Barbara.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

How can you say that Sunny is a fake ally to the LGBTQ community.  Sunny was talking about the fact that the guest who is a gay Black man said that he was more fearful of Black women rejecting him after coming out as gay.  Sunny was surprised by that as was I. 

Being Black, I know that  in general Black women tend to be more open minded about a lot of things.  Black women are loving and empathetic especially when it comes to issues that pertain to Black men.  That was Sunny's point when she was having that side bar conversation with the guest.

I don't think Sunny is a fake ally, but I do think she comes across as if it would make her a little uncomfortable, sort of like Sherri Shepherd (but not as bad). I don't think she'd be the type to ostracize somebody she knows for it, she's definitely not hateful, she would probably just be a little weird to talk to about it. But she may mean that she's the nicest one in her own family that people would feel like coming to. That's possible since she has talked about her positions on the show multiple times, who knows. I know she and Joy are very close friends with Don Lemon.

Tbh, I think all of the women currently on this show would be easy to talk to about it though, even Ana (considering that story she told about a friend of hers who was physically abused by his father because he was gay), but Joy and Sara would probably be the easiest for a closeted person to come out to, imo. Sara is nice in general on every subject and Joy isn't ruffled by anything, I don't think Whoopi would care at all either, and all three are pretty outspoken about LGBT issues, too.

• Love 1
On 4/14/2022 at 8:28 AM, Haleth said:

I haven't read any of Sunny's books, but I'm surprised that her publisher (unless these are self-published) would put them out if she doesn't use her editor's suggestions*. I've often thought that once Stephen King got "too big" to listen to his editor his books became bloated and self-indulgent. I doubt that Sunny matches King's talent, so I guess she skipped right ahead to "I'm too good to listen to you". 

*I'm also assuming that these are bigger suggestions than changing a word here and there.

Addition: I decided to read Summer on the Bluffs. I'm perhaps halfway through it, and I can see some places that I imagine the editor might have recommended changes. There's some awkward content that seems more like commentary than plot or character development and it makes a somewhat clunky read (being a bit clunky is not unusual for a first novel!) even clunkier. Some editing would have made the story flow more smoothly without hitting the reader over the head with the author's personal opinions. I say personal opinions vs. characters' opinions because they seem so uniform and attributed to all/any of the main characters so they don't seem to be organically derived. 

Edited by KittyQ
Adding information
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2