Type keyword(s) to search

The View: The Week of 4/11/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, debbie311 said:

And would like it if Deborah was a regular.

I don't think Whoopi would agree.  I have no real basis for believing that.

6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And I did not know much about Julia, but she is a very interesting person & I enjoyed hearing about her life story...

I watched a couple of episodes of her Netflix series; it reminded me I need to watch more.  A LOT of her early orthodox life was covered.

22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is Julia wearing a sheitel  even if unorthodox or is her hair really really shiny?

I think she has A LOT of product in her hair.  As for the sheitel (had to look that one up, lol) she looks as if she's wearing extensions because her natural shoulder length does not blend very well with the extensions.  I looked at other photos and they seem as if she's wearing a wig but I didn't see a date so I don't know what her recent norm would be in reference to hair care.

6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sunny reveals she has to bite her tongue & not blurt out blunt thoughts to people!

Sunny also acts so "precious" when explaining how RIGHT she is (was?) to interfere with her children's friends, teachers, administrators, coaches.  It would be SO INTERESTING to hear their opinions of her...but I bet they don't DATE.  She's one who hits back harder...and never forgets a slight.  Wonder what will happen when they have EMPLOYERS !!!  Maybe they'll just go to work for Mommy ... and by then she may have a few "foundations" that need to be run.

• Love 5
On 4/12/2022 at 2:52 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I find Alyssa sort of stiff and boring. And she fools nobody with this fake nice act she's putting on while auditioning; the true her is still there bubbling under the surface, like when she tried to pretend both sides politicized masks and vaccines. That was laughable and I'm glad the panel treated it that way.

HUZZAH, GreenKnight!!!  We can only hope that the execs treat her auditions the same way.  I fear we're gonna have that Fake Nice Act ... or these IZE!!!  Eyelid1.jpg.025b55d6858aedd56f9839b895e8b8cf.jpg

• Love 1
On 4/13/2022 at 10:36 AM, GiveMeSpace said:
On 4/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, bluegirl147 said:

Sunny strikes me as someone who is "tolerant" of "it".  Meaning she knows it's not OK to be against LGTBQ but she isn't an ally. 

Yes--she is secretly judging.

Sunny THINKS her judgmental attitude is a secret.  It's NOT.  She judges everything -- and looks down on most things. It's written all over her face.  She has a fake smile and a real smile.  She has a fake laugh--the one she forces herself to use whenever she thinks Whoopi is trying to be funny.  Try watching her on "View Your Deals" with the sound off.  She can't produce a sincer smile for even those few minutes.

• Love 2

In reference to Sunny, I feel she just has to let you know how she feels even though she doesn't verbally express an opinion.  She always gives that coy look or does the sipping tea bit.  She talks about biting her tongue but her ego overrides her sensibilities every single time.

In reference to her memoir, which has its own thread, I read it to gain some insight and hopefully a better perspective of her opinions through her backstory.  Honestly, through her own words, I found her to be a very petty and vindictive person.  It may stem from her competitive nature but I found her catty remarks about other women off-putting and not a very attractive personality trait.  

• Love 2
On 4/9/2022 at 6:10 AM, Cementhead said:

It's like the lower they can go, the better.  Like a feather in their cap to 'land' one of these broads.

And they're not even smart enough to wonder, "Wait, why are BOTH available?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2022 at 7:12 AM, Prairie Rose said:

I don't see this giving her incentive to stay, and I can't see Sunny being happy about it either. 

But...but...but doesn't it seem like Whoopi might be on her way to a "solo career" of movie star? No daily grind--getting dressed up, made-up...  Well...getting up every day.  I think she's still ticked about her suspension.  If Whoopi doesn't come back ... and if Joy would leave, who would be Queen Bee?  Hmmm???  Queen Bee seems awfully tempting.  Maybe she would even be (shall I write it?) MODERATOR !!!

On 4/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, bluegirl147 said:

At least these two aren't immature brats who need coddled.

On 4/9/2022 at 8:49 AM, RealHousewife said:

They're both polite and behave like adults. 

GENTLE REMINDER:   We've seen them only AUDITION.  Real life will be quite different.  I doubt I'll continue watching.  Maybe if I hear that Whoopi doesn't have time for the grind I'd change my mind.

• Love 2

Deborah would be an AMAZING moderator.

And let it be known Julia, a reality star, has been more of an insightful and interesting guest host more so than any of these “pundits” they are so desperate to make sparks with.

• Love 11

Funny they talked about how the birds and the bees talk with children today, since it goes along with what I said earlier about Sunny being uncomfortable with delicate subjects since she said she didn't enjoy talking about it to her kids, lol.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sunny is the most risk averse person I've seen in recent times on TV.  If Whoopi does leave, who will keep Sunny in check?

Whoopi can't keep herself in check.  Hopefully she'll score another film role on location in Bulgaria.  She was extremely rude and condescending to Sunny when she first started on The View.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, HerkyJerky said:

Yesterday, Joy teased about an upcoming segment about the latest stupid thing Tucker Carlson said and then the ladies never talked about it.  Then today as Joy was throwing to commercial, she was about to say something but stopped herself and said, "I'm not going to tease something that we may not talk about".  I got a chuckle out of that!  (But, too late, Joy, the show already teased about Tucker Carlson in the intro to the show and you STILL didn't talk about it😏)

Debbie311, JINX! LOL

They should make this a morning ritual, along the lines of 'Boost' and the 'Play of the Day'.  What stupid thing did Carlson say last night?

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, geekburger said:

And let it be known Julia, a reality star, has been more of an insightful and interesting guest host more so than any of these “pundits” they are so desperate to make sparks with.

Julia Haart would make a GREAT co-host!  She has such an interesting life story and is so intelligent.  You can tell that Joy and Sunny really like her.  Of all of the auditioning co -hosts that have appeared this season, she is  by far my favorite. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ellis Bell said:

Whoopi can't keep herself in check.  Hopefully she'll score another film role on location in Bulgaria.  She was extremely rude and condescending to Sunny when she first started on The View.

Sunny herself is rude and condescending

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sunny herself is rude and condescending

Yes, she is but if you watched back then you couldn't help but notice how dismissive Whoopi was to Sunny.  Even though Whoopi brought Sunny to the attention of then co-exec producer Bill Gedde she seemed to be envious of Sunny and corrected her (incorrectly) at every turn.  Or possibly Whoopi has a low BS threshold and saw through Sunny's faux demeanor.  Either way Whoopi should have reined it in and at least tried to act like a professional moderator.  A role she has yet to master.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Julia Haart would make a GREAT co-host!  She has such an interesting life story and is so intelligent.  You can tell that Joy and Sunny really like her.  Of all of the auditioning co -hosts that have appeared this season, she is  by far my favorite. 

Her personal life is a mess and there is an accusation of a misappropriation of funds.  I know the more recent View producers live for scandal and notoriety but this may be a bit much even for Brian.

Wiki:  "In 2019, Haart married for the second time to Italian entrepreneur and billionaire Silvio Scaglia. Scaglia took on the last name Haart after their marriage.  Haart filed for divorce in February 2022 just hours after being fired as a CEO of EWG ending their two year marriage. Following her firing, Haart filed for a restraining order against Scaglia. Subsequently, he filed a lawsuit against her for misappropriation of EWG's money."

3 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

Wiki:  "In 2019, Haart married for the second time to Italian entrepreneur and billionaire Silvio Scaglia. Scaglia took on the last name Haart after their marriage.  Haart filed for divorce in February 2022 just hours after being fired as a CEO of EWG ending their two year marriage. Following her firing, Haart filed for a restraining order against Scaglia. Subsequently, he filed a lawsuit against her for misappropriation of EWG's money."

So just like every other celebrity couple?  She'll fit right in!

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, MsTree said:

So just like every other celebrity couple?  She'll fit right in!

Until she's hauled off to the slammer or the alternative sentence of a mandatory one season appearance on The Real Housewives of _________. 

• Love 1
Just now, Ellis Bell said:

Until she's hauled off to the slammer or the alternative sentence of a mandatory one season appearance on The Real Housewives of _________. 

Wonderful...she can replace Teresa Guidice in NJ. Her crap is getting pretty old now anyway.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Wonderful...she can replace Teresa Guidice in NJ. Her crap is getting pretty old now anyway.

I thinks she's based in NYC so she'll have to live out her hell with that crew.  They just featured her penthouse on another site and it's just one property that's part of their War of the Roses divorce.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

I thinks she's based in NYC so she'll have to live out her hell with that crew.  They just featured her penthouse on another site and it's just one property that's part of their War of the Roses divorce.

I only watch the Real Hos of NJ and BH. I can't take much more (LOL).

I hadn't heard of Haart until her appearance on The View...and honestly paid very little attention the first day. I wonder if she's even in the running for the open seat.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

Her personal life is a mess and there is an accusation of a misappropriation of funds.  I know the more recent View producers live for scandal and notoriety but this may be a bit much even for Brian.

Brian is almost as GIGGLY/SQUEALY about scandal as Andy Cohen is...but give Brian time; he's a newbee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MsTree said:

I only watch the Real Hos of NJ and BH. I can't take much more (LOL).

I hadn't heard of Haart until her appearance on The View...and honestly paid very little attention the first day. I wonder if she's even in the running for the open seat.

The first time I saw her was on The View but it was last year I think, and she was a guest.  I would assume this show's salary would be beneath her pay grade but you never know.  A lot of fortunes are all smoke and mirrors.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Brian is almost as GIGGLY/SQUEALY about scandal as Andy Cohen is...but give Brian time; he's a newbee.

I think he's tabloid level sleazy and is a throwback to the raucous talk shows of the early 90s when it was all about shock value.  

They showed the clip with Joan Rivers when her daughter Melissa was a guest earlier in the week.  What stood out to me was the way Barbara jumped in right away to tamp down the argument brewing between Joan and Whoopi.  The infamous Rosie/Elizabeth feud notwithstanding, the show used to have a level of decorum and it was because Barbara would not allow things to get out of hand. 

When Barbara would appear I'd think oh it's going to be a boring show because the co-hosts would be on their best behavior.  But now I can appreciate how she kept it all moving along without allowing it to sink to MM levels of awful.  Now it's MM-free but I feel Whoopi is not up to the task and the show would improve with a true moderator to return it to the days of old.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I don't think she was auditioning.  She has her fashion line and is promoting her book.  The producers needed an extra seat filler with both Whoopi and Sara out this week.  Julia would bring a lot to the table though.  (I read on her wiki page that she was recently fired from Elite, so who knows?  Maybe she is looking for a high profile gig?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don't think she was auditioning.  She has her fashion line and is promoting her book.  The producers needed an extra seat filler with both Whoopi and Sara out this week.  Julia would bring a lot to the table though.  (I read on her wiki page that she was recently fired from Elite, so who knows?  Maybe she is looking for a high profile gig?)

She was a good cohost but she isn't what the show is looking for.

With Whoopi not there the conversation has flowed so much better. Why can't TPTB see how horrible a moderator Whoopi is?

4 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

When Barbara would appear I'd think oh it's going to be a boring show because the co-hosts would be on their best behavior. 

When I would see Barbara walk out I would I would be disappointed.  Because I knew the show wouldn't be as much fun as when she wasn't there.  It was like having a fun substitute teacher and then your regular teacher comes back and the fun stops.

5 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

I think he's tabloid level sleazy and is a throwback to the raucous talk shows of the early 90s when it was all about shock value.  

Well Brian did start out on Ricki Lake and Montel.

He spent most of his career at the David Letterman Show.  I have a hard time believing they didn't have other candidates that were better qualified than him for the View executive producer.   Have they ever had a female executive producer (other than Barbara)? Am I the only one who thinks a show by women for women should have a woman in charge?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Have they ever had a female executive producer (other than Barbara)? Am I the only one who thinks a show by women for women should have a woman in charge?

Barbara is the only female EP in the show's history (though Bill Geddie was the showrunner). It is absolutely shameful that they have never had a female showrunner in 25 years.

• Love 6

I guess Whoopi is only there for the paycheck. She makes it clear with her eye-rolling, facial expressions and fake Valley Girl and English accents that she thinks the show is beneath her. It's irritating to me when they start discussing something I am interested in and she says "Who cares?!" If I only want to watch serious topics, I can turn to CNN. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

She was a good cohost but she isn't what the show is looking for.

With Whoopi not there the conversation has flowed so much better. Why can't TPTB see how horrible a moderator Whoopi is?

When I would see Barbara walk out I would I would be disappointed.  Because I knew the show wouldn't be as much fun as when she wasn't there.  It was like having a fun substitute teacher and then your regular teacher comes back and the fun stops.

Well Brian did start out on Ricki Lake and Montel.

He spent most of his career at the David Letterman Show.  I have a hard time believing they didn't have other candidates that were better qualified than him for the View executive producer.   Have they ever had a female executive producer (other than Barbara)? Am I the only one who thinks a show by women for women should have a woman in charge?

That's interesting. I had no idea about his former producing credits.  I know when he started at The View I thought of him as sort of a milquetoast because Whoopi would become annoyed with him and snap at him on-air.  I guess he has more influence than I imagined because the show definitely has a different feel since Barbara and Bill left and not for the better. 

His hiring also syncs with the ushering in of a new era in regard to political figures so that may have had something to do with the new direction of the show.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

I think she has A LOT of product in her hair.  As for the sheitel (had to look that one up, lol) she looks as if she's wearing extensions because her natural shoulder length does not blend very well with the extensions.  I looked at other photos and they seem as if she's wearing a wig but I didn't see a date so I don't know what her recent norm would be in reference to hair care.

I watched her documentary series and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t wear a wig.  She left that traditions of that other life.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I love Haart so effortlessly outshining all the people they've tried out this season. I'm sure that was not intentional on their part.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:
On 4/14/2022 at 7:58 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I love Haart so effortlessly outshining all the people they've tried out this season. I'm sure that was not intentional on their part.

Because she's not DESPERATE for a job in the limelight.  I need to start using that "thirsty" term.

11 hours ago, debbie311 said:

If I only want to watch serious topics, I can turn to CNN. 

Which is, MOST OF THE TIME, more entertaining that Whoopi.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

This is a repeat, right?  Must be since Whoopi is there. And ok, the encore sign just appeared.

Turning off. 

I love this SO MUCH!   This is the type of comment that Disney execs need to see.  They've got to get out of their little cars at The Happiest Place on Earth and help us.  HELP! US!  We want to like this show.

15 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

He spent most of his career at the David Letterman Show

Do these really add up to "Executive Producer"?

This is from Wikipedia.

After graduating, Teta spent five years working as a talent booker and producer for shows such as Montel, Ricki Lake and Judge Hatchett before breaking into late night television as a talent coordinator at The Late Show with David Letterman, responsible for booking guests. One of his first tasks with The Late Show was at the 2004 Summer Olympics, tasked to booking gold medal winners for each show.

Teta also started out booking guests for David Letterman’s iconic segments “Stupid Pet Tricks and “Stupid Human Tricks.” He went on to work in numerous aspects of the show, including producing celebrity guest interviews, cooking segments, outdoor stunts, political guests and sports stars. He often produced Letterman's Christmas show, specifically Jay Thomas’ iconic annual segment with his Lone Ranger story and the “Quarterback Challenge.”

Teta was elevated to Segment Producer in 2006, Producer in 2009, and finally Supervising Producer from 2012 until the show’s end in 2015. 

• Useful 1
On 4/15/2022 at 5:11 AM, Haleth said:

I absolutely loved her.  All kinds of awesome.  You know she has this low little voice (in volume not content lol) but it draws you right in.  You want to hear what shes saying.  Message to TPTB!  This is the one!  Don't be still shellshocked from SWSRN.  Trust us!  *point*  *point*  *point*  get her to sign!  You know...if Whoopi can get off to do movies, Sara -H can get off to do a PRIME time series, surely a book tour can be arranged.  AND that's one and done.  Unless she writes another which would be waaaay down the road.  It can be done.  Get her!

Edited by ForumLou
more
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2