Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Cold And Calculated

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

The writing on the Mahogs/Ben telenovella is utter crap! 

"God put you in my heart, you immature, deceitful, too-young-for-me liar. Take this teddy bear. You have some explaining to do, missy. Kiss me!"

Giving a teddy bear just reinforced the daddy-daughter dynamic.  Ick.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t think he ever hid this.  There are plenty of more attractive women than Memphis in Tunisia (and with better dispositions). There is nothing special about Memphis other than the opportunities that she can offer him in the U.S.

He has, according to the show, no assets and no income. In this case, he won't be able to marry a tunisian even with less dispositions. :-)

By law, the husband has to pay the maintenance of his wife, which is why tunsian women and their families make sure that the husband can live up to that - and some tunisian men like to marry women from other countries, where this law does not apply... :-).

In fact, if a husband cannot pay for his wifes maintenance and he did NOT tell her that before the wedding, the wife can ask the court for a divorce (only in fresh marriages, though).

Edited by WWalter
  • Useful 10
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The other red flag would be the insistence of a pre-nup, or post-nup.

Which would be of no consequence, since the islamic and tunsian law do not recognize postnup agreements (not that it matters, because the tunisian default is seperation of property anyway) - which is important just in one case: if he decides to divorce her before a tunisian court).

So ... clearly a drama spun up by the production company. :-)

8 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

The wedding process was already underway, his family had restructured the traditional 5-day celebration to accommodate Memphis,

It is not very uncommon to shorten it - usually, only ONE, sometimes two, of the five days, both the fiancees are present at the same place anyway...

Edited by WWalter
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 3/26/2022 at 3:06 AM, Frozendiva said:

They all leave in some sort of strange motorcade.

If the other guests have cars, they will rather drive honking through the streets, in this case, to the notary where the marriage contract was being signed - and back home.

There are other occasions for that, as well - eg. when the bride and/or groom is being driven to the place where the wedding takes place. Sometimes, it is even accompanied by an open truck with a rented band on it playing traditional music all the way. :-)

What appeared to be strange is that there were only a few people present at the wedding - normally, everybody is invited and you will have 10, 20 and more neighbours showing up there faster than one can blink an eye. :-)

I attended a wedding once, where about 10 people were explicitely invited and I wondered about lots of chairs standing there. Well, 10 minutes after the celebration started, there were 120 people present. And when I see a wedding, I will, of course, join in or at least watch from the sideline.

• Love 12
On 3/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I knew more about a Muslin wedding that Memphis before this episode without looking it up.  They must be Muslim lite as normally women are not allowed to be in the same room.

Tunisia is not exactly Saudi-Arabia or Iran. :-)

BTW, in Tunisia, non-muslims are, by law, even allowed to marry muslims - this was not mentioned in the show ... and neither was the dowry that Hamza had to pay her.

23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Covid health restrictions were in effect and limited guests.

Trust me, nobody would have cared about that - except the film crew, perhaps. :-)

• Love 7
On 3/27/2022 at 2:13 PM, Pimming Swool said:
On 3/27/2022 at 2:13 PM, Pimming Swool said:

Mike's mask finally fell, and it turns out he is ugly, petty, and mean. 

May I add to your "ugly, petty and mean?"  -- 🎵 DUM dah dah dah DUMB🎵  There is so much scheming and scamming in this relationship, that I suspect that, in the end, the two of them EACH gets their just desserts.  😱😱

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Breedom said:

Both Mike and Ben are proving hard to get rid off. These women don't want you. 

Ben has probably had the "King of the Castle" ego all of his post-junior high life.  But Mike!  Mike!  Mike has sex with the woman once (and the woman didn't sound complimentary) and now HE he's King of the Castle.  His word is law.  He will get what he wants when he wants it. A needy little outcast as far as women were concerned, he has NEVER learned what NO means.  Apparently it means:  Not yet.  Maybe...after I calm down.  Perhaps...after I get over my anger.  

Does he have no clue that he's in a foreign country? Does he think he doesn't need to behave appropriately? Is he just another American who thinks because he was born in the U.S. of A. that he will take what he wants?  After all, who is Xemena?  Just a poor woman in Columbia, raising kids on her own, working at a job he'd rather not discuss.  He actually believes he's the best thing that will ever happen to her?  I'M STUNNED!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Breedom said:

Mike thinks it's all about the money, not able to see that it was all about her disgust with HIM. He's got his blinders on, he can't or won't see his part in it. Money does NOT create love, Mike - all the begging, harassing and stalking  in the world isn't going to make X want or love you.

Mike needs counseling. He also needs someone to coach him about human interaction.  He should attend some meetings of a "Me Too" sort of group. How many times did Ximena try to tell him no.  Not me with you.  Not you with me.

Surely, after his family watches all of his episodes (GEE! WHAT "Tell All" be like???), they will have serious talks with him.  He's NOT okay!  He doesn't know how "romance" works ... and has probably listened too intently and seriously to the young firefighters when they're bragging about women.  

Mike comes off as some innocent nice guy--and he probably is...in many ways.  DO NOT CROSS HIM!  Now his family and friends see that he can deteriorate into something dangerous--to himself and others (See Note) Ximena didn't cross him; she actually tried to like him--at least accept him.  Sometime a human's scent, attitude, and general hygiene are ghastly--rarely can a horrible first impression be fixed, MIKE!

NOTE:  Apparently former farm boy Brandon's parents are on Mike's side.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Giving a teddy bear just reinforced the daddy-daughter dynamic.

When the camera was filming Mahogany walking away after she said goodnight to Ben, I was hoping she would casually toss the stuffed bear into a dumpster. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was hoping she would casually toss the stuffed bear into a dumpster. 

LOL, me too!!!! 

Mike's lack of acceptance that X ended things with him really, really reminded me of my ex husband when I finally said enough is enough, we are over, I am getting a divorce. Total denial, kept living life as if nothing were about to change and when I moved out, OMG I am so blindsided! He also had his family's full support so I think even after viewing this, Mike's family will be on his side. The chick who translated for him, I think she and her fiance will see the light but gramps and pops, nope. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Everyone can call me horrible for even thinking this.  Memphis never mentioned a pre or post-nup for most of the two weeks before the wedding.  Is it in the realm of possibility that she realized she was pregnant (by whom is another story), and suddenly had to prevent Hamza from taking her biggest asset-the baby?  She has to keep that secret above all else.

Somewhere is a link that even Hamza doubted the baby was really his.

The timing does seem off. She's been in Tunisia for 2 weeks and then they went on their honeymoon right after and she already knew she was pregnant at that point. Usually you can't find out you're pregnant until at you are at least 4-5 weeks pregnant (2 weeks after conception.) So either she's been there longer than the show wants us to believe or the baby isn't his.

• Love 5

It didn’t occur to me when I saw it but I do think you might be on to something. Ben definitely wants to control her and no doubt would come with a “biblical “ reason why he felt this would be appropriate.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Anyone else wondering if the teddy bear Ben gave Mahogs has a nanny cam in it?

Such devious thinking, I like it!

2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

The timing does seem off. She's been in Tunisia for 2 weeks and then they went on their honeymoon right after and she already knew she was pregnant at that point. Usually you can't find out you're pregnant until at you are at least 4-5 weeks pregnant (2 weeks after conception.) So either she's been there longer than the show wants us to believe or the baby isn't his.

Do we think Hamzy knows about DNA testing?

• Love 3

Two things:

I think Ximena and Hamza are both in similar financial situations. I think they and their families are desperately in need of money. Both families are looking at them as their best means out of poverty because they believe that US citizens are all wealthy. Hamza is willing to go off as a lamb to the slaughter so that he can help his mother and sister. Ximena thought she could do the same for her family, but I think she realized how unhappy she was/would be with Mike. It is purely coincidental, I am sure, that she really decided Mike just wasn't her cup of tea after he refused to pay for the boob surgery.

Secondly, to me Hamza gives the impression that he isn't the crispest fry in the Happy Meal Box. I don't think it is just the language barrier, he seems like he's always trying to "catch up" with what is transpiring around him with an awe that a four year old might have. It might just be he was always sheltered by mom and his sister, don't really know.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, WWalter said:

this was not mentioned in the show ... and neither was the dowry that Hamza had to pay her.

Well according to Memphis, Hamza did already make a rather sizeable deposit into her sperm bank...

*bah dum dum, I'll be playing here all week folks, please tip your waitress on the way out*

4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

He also had his family's full support so I think even after viewing this, Mike's family will be on his side. The chick who translated for him, I think she and her fiance will see the light but gramps and pops, nope. 

Mikey Mike Mike the Asshole's gramps and pops were against him going to Colombia, I don't think they'll be too sad about this. Gramps said he'd been around the block and knew a scammer, or something to that effect.

16 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I think Ximena and Hamza are both in similar financial situations. I think they and their families are desperately in need of money. Both families are looking at them as their best means out of poverty because they believe that US citizens are all wealthy.

I don't see them as similar at all. X seems to be in dire straights without Lil Stinky's allowance, but the apartment that Hamza lives in with Mother and Sister Hamza seems quite nice and modern to be honest. I don't understand where the money comes for that place.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I don't think they'll be too sad about this. Gramps said he'd been around the block and knew a scammer, or something to that effect.

Oh, I don't think they will be sad----but that will be because they think Mike is a golden boy and deserves SO much better than a scamming ho like X. They will fail to call Mike out on his behavior and crazyness....they won't want to acknowledge that this was a purely transactional relationship from the get go and will continue the narrative that he was mislead etc. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

he isn't the crispest fry in the Happy Meal Box.

LMAO at this description, hahaha! Which begs the question again, what does Memphis get out of marrying this man and pinning a pregnancy on him? he can't speak English, has no $$ of his own, no marketable job skills, seems a bit simple and zero ambitions beyond helping his family (by sending Memphis' money home).....I cute piece of arm candy? Who isn't even that great in bed (and now the whole world knows cause seh blasted that on this show). 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

When the camera was filming Mahogany walking away after she said goodnight to Ben, I was hoping she would casually toss the stuffed bear into a dumpster. 

What I can't figure out is why did she kiss him?  It is so obvious she has no real interest in him. I guess it was to keep the storyline going - tease him a little. (Not that I feel bad for the creeper. But just "eww" on her part.)

I've posted before that Ximena is as cold as ice. lol  She cracks me up with shit. I am not surprised AT ALL that she met him through her webcam business. He didn't want her doing that for other guys so started sending her money to compensate her for stopping it. My guess is her parents aren't too thrilled with that, either, and saw Mike as an opportunity to get her away from that profession.

I think they are both pretty yucky people. Ximena was still trying to get a boob job out of him like a week ago - dangling a wedding in front of him. I think she finally figured out, though, that she honestly cannot stand him. His friend is right. He disgusts her and really I don't think she can help that.

We all know the only reason he wanted to "say goodbye" to the boys was to manipulate the situation and them in getting Ximena to agree to stay in the relationship.

I find Jasmine and Gino's relationship utterly boring. Same with Kimbaaaly and Usman. The South American ones are the only ones of interest to me.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Ximena was still trying to get a boob job out of him like a week ago - dangling a wedding in front of him.

She probably figured that she could earn more on cam with bigger boobs and planned to dump him right after he foolishly paid for them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She probably figured that she could earn more on cam with bigger boobs and planned to dump him right after he foolishly paid for them.

Oh, most definitely. Ximena was gonna get King Simp to pay for her Glow-Up and then ghost him for someone better. She's lucky Mike proved to be an asshole, because it's made a lot of viewers forget she isn't such a great person herself. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

LMAO at this description, hahaha! Which begs the question again, what does Memphis get out of marrying this man and pinning a pregnancy on him? he can't speak English, has no $$ of his own, no marketable job skills, seems a bit simple and zero ambitions beyond helping his family (by sending Memphis' money home).....I cute piece of arm candy? Who isn't even that great in bed (and now the whole world knows cause seh blasted that on this show). 

All very good points indeed!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Gobi said:

Anyone else wondering if the teddy bear Ben gave Mahogs has a nanny cam in it?

"Here, Mahogany, put this cute bear on your dresser to remind you how much I love you. Aim, I mean make it face, your bed...Now wave to the bear! A little higher! That's it!" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, AR Traveler said:

Everyone can call me horrible for even thinking this.  Memphis never mentioned a pre or post-nup for most of the two weeks before the wedding.  Is it in the realm of possibility that she realized she was pregnant (by whom is another story), and suddenly had to prevent Hamza from taking her biggest asset-the baby?  She has to keep that secret above all else.

Somewhere is a link that even Hamza doubted the baby was really his.

Prenups can not address child custody, only assets.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Mike/Ximena -  Mike is a goofy, odd and nerdy individual who thought money was going to make Ximena love him.  She was just interested in having someone provide for her and family.  They're both at fault here.  She should've told him from the beginning that she wasn't interested in him.  She got his hopes up.  He should've listened to his friends and family and realized that they had more experience so they knew what they were talking about.  As soon as she showed an indifference towards him, he should've left.

Gino/Jasmine - As attractive as she is, she is very unpredictable and moody.  He should've left that ship a long time ago.

Memphis/Hamza - One of the reasons I like watching this segment is Hamza's sister!  She is gorgeous!  I also like his mother.  She seems like a nice lady.  As far as the couple are concerned, Hamza does seem like a kid who hasn't experienced life and Memphis just annoys me!  At the wedding when she didn't know what to do with her hands, she was making facial expressions.  To me, that was disrespectful the Tunisian cultural.

Ben/Mahogany - He's too old for her and never should've traveled so far when it wasn't clear that she was a real person.  Mike doesn't have experience with women and thought money could convince Ximena to love him, but Ben has no excuse!  He's been married and has children.  He's just an idiot for taking what probably some kind of joke put on by Mahogany seriously!  When she didn't show up at the airport, that should've been a huge sign that things were not right.

Kimberly/Usman - Too me he is using her to get to the US.  She isn't attractive at all.  Maybe he does find her attractive, but compare to the women who are in his videos?  Come on dude!  Who are you fooling?

Everyone of these Americans who have traveled abroad to find love probably think they can control their partners because they're from another country.  Why else would go this route?

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

At the wedding when she didn't know what to do with her hands, she was making facial expressions.  To me, that was disrespectful the Tunisian cultural.

It was mugging for the cameras and I’m surprised no one asked her to be more respectful.  She had this goofy grin at one point when they were reciting a solemn prayer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Does anyone actually remember or have the first couple episodes of Memphis saying HOW LONG she was going down to see Hamza?  I think that it's production pulling our leg time wise.  She had to be down there for more than 3 weeks.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, rr2911 said:

They're both at fault here.  She should've told him from the beginning that she wasn't interested in him.

She knew she wasn't interested in his looks...but apparently they "talked" for quite some time.  She talked herself into believing this "good man" might be what she and her little boys needed.

She got his hopes up.

She got her own hopes up.  No one expected that meek little loser to become so angry, demanding, and aggressive. He obviously considers her low-class compared to him--after all, isn't she living in a "third world country"?  Wasn't she supporting her family in a job that's completely unacceptable to good people?  He went into this "knowing" (and later SAYING) that she was lucky to have him--that she'll never have anything better.  

He should've listened to his friends and family and realized that they had more experience so they knew what they were talking about.  As soon as she showed an indifference towards him, he should've left.

You're right!  He should have left.  More than one person told him to come home/to go home.  At his age, Mike hadn't had any "romantic" relationships.  He didn't know how to act--or what to expect.  He DID know that he was so much better than she--and probably stilll thinks that way.  I hope he will watch the episodes enough times (with others) that he gains some perspective.

THIS SAYS IT ALL:  

Everyone of these Americans who have traveled abroad to find love probably think they can control their partners because they're from another country.  Why else would go this route?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Mike/Ximena -  Mike is a goofy, odd and nerdy individual who thought money was going to make Ximena love him.  She was just interested in having someone provide for her and family.  They're both at fault here.  She should've told him from the beginning that she wasn't interested in him.  She got his hopes up.  He should've listened to his friends and family and realized that they had more experience so they knew what they were talking about.  As soon as she showed an indifference towards him, he should've left.

He met her on a cam girl site.....and according to her he was there each day, they chatted and he asked her to stop and in exchange he would provide for her. Who in her situation wouldn't take that deal? What isn't clear to me is when this started, how long it was going on---he mentioned 1 1/2 years....so this started during or at the start of Covid. I am sure X thought that eventually this guy would get tired of logging on to see her and would move on.....or that she would never have to actually meet him because of pandemic travel restrictions and she could get the cash while she could. I don't blame her---and hell maybe they did enjoy chatting. Anyone who has done online dating can tell you---texts and video chats are a different world compared to actually spending time in person with each other. Once that happened, she found she couldn't stand him and she was very honest about her feelings. He was the one who kept pushing and pushing and wouldn't listen to reason from friends and family. His ego just couldn't accept that a lowly sex worker from a developing country would reject him. And he was foolish enough to put that all out there for the world to see on tv. I dont' blame him for being hurt and humiliated. But he should have some self respect and just leave instead of hurling insults at her and acting like a child. Prize of hte year to her sister who calmed him down and got him to see reason. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

He met her on a cam girl site.....and according to her he was there each day, they chatted and he asked her to stop and in exchange he would provide for her. Who in her situation wouldn't take that deal? What isn't clear to me is when this started, how long it was going on---he mentioned 1 1/2 years....so this started during or at the start of Covid. I am sure X thought that eventually this guy would get tired of logging on to see her and would move on.....or that she would never have to actually meet him because of pandemic travel restrictions and she could get the cash while she could. I don't blame her---and hell maybe they did enjoy chatting. Anyone who has done online dating can tell you---texts and video chats are a different world compared to actually spending time in person with each other. Once that happened, she found she couldn't stand him and she was very honest about her feelings. He was the one who kept pushing and pushing and wouldn't listen to reason from friends and family. His ego just couldn't accept that a lowly sex worker from a developing country would reject him. And he was foolish enough to put that all out there for the world to see on tv. I dont' blame him for being hurt and humiliated. But he should have some self respect and just leave instead of hurling insults at her and acting like a child. Prize of hte year to her sister who calmed him down and got him to see reason. 

The thing is that she was cold most of the time but then would alternate with being overly warm.  She should not have accepted a proposal from a man whom she finds disgusting, say that she loved him, was happy, etc.  It was clearly just stringing him along.  They truly deserve each other, both users in their own ways.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The thing is that she was cold most of the time but then would alternate with being overly warm.  She should not have accepted a proposal from a man whom she finds disgusting, say that she loved him, was happy, etc.  It was clearly just stringing him along.  They truly deserve each other, both users in their own ways.

My take is he approached her in the we could both make some TLC money way.  Fake a relationship with all it's drama and she could get more followers for her webcam business and he could make some money for his family (we all saw his home life, who wouldn't want a little extra money for help that situation?).  Somewhere in the mix Mike had feelings for Xfactor and we all know how that turned out.

• Love 4

Was it established that Mikey lost his virginity to X? I know there was some talk about her being his "first" but by that did they mean relationship or sex partner? I seem to recall them having sex a couple of times during his first visit which she said wasn't very good. On this second visit she has withheld sex until "marriage" (following a boob job) with the exception of the one night he "got lucky" and she gave him pity sex when he threatened to break up. 

Also, I paused the studio scene ad from the Tell Ad. It looks like Hamza is there in person on the far left with Memphis sporting her new short hairstyle which she got in January. All the other foreign partners are on screens but everyone is present and accounted for except, of course, Caleb and Alina. Even Ella, sitting there in a floral monstrosity that makes her look like an upholstered couch. I guess the February meeting in Dubai never panned out. 

E513AECD-53D7-41C1-B99F-F30D2E72FF9C.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2022 at 5:49 AM, gaPeach said:

This was very interesting to watch.  You could see the wheels turning in her head as Ben was going over all her little inconsistences in her story trying to figure out how to get out of it.  She feebly threw out the "you did not take any responsibility for your marriage break up" again.  That did not have the same impact as the first time so she bolted.  I do not like Ben at all and was pretty much on her side until last night.  Shady is as Shady does.  And yeah the make out session was just gross....

Mike, dude you just need to leave.  Now.  I too was mostly in his corner until last night when he refused to leave the house.  Insisting he stay to say goodbye to the kids in the morning.  Then one of them comes out to comfort his mom and I am thinking, say your goodbyes now and leave.  Yes she took advantage of you Mike, but I think you went into it with eyes wide open, thinking she would be forever grateful to you for your money.  You underestimated her and she realized she could not pretend to love you due to your personal hygiene and well, she got to know  you.  Go Home and let it go.

How is it possible that this 50-something man has never had a make out session like that ever before.  I'm paraphrasing here, because I don't recall his exact words, but didn't he say afterwards that was the only time he'd ever done that with anyone?  And on top of it, he was married, so was their marriage mainly chaste, because he does have what, 3-4 kids but they never kissed during the making of those kids? 

Inquiring minds want to know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

How is it possible that this 50-something man has never had a make out session like that ever before.  

Maybe it was the first time God told him to put some tongue in it? 

• LOL 13

Not saying anything new here, but I caught up on this episode and of course have thoughts. 

The stupid, cartoonish expressions and gestures by Memphis during the marriage ceremony were so ridiculous. Who does that? I don't think she was, but if someone told me she was on drugs at that time, I would believe them. However, I don't think there's an excuse -- it's just Memphis. She is horrid. And the old excuse (said by so many on this show) "I didn't know what to expect?" Um, how about looking it up or asking someone? Take initiative, you idiot. I was actually surprised that she annoucned she was pregnant- that came out of left field for me. Memphis is the worst. She's pregnant by a guy she doesn't know, can't communicate with, and is now married to. Good job lady. Ugh.

Usman was sooooo happy Kimberly was going back home. He was getting on my very last nerve with what seemed to be the most KIMBAAAAAAAAAHLY's we've heard in one episode. She's just a fool. Sorry, but no way he's attracted to her. Sorry, but no way he's an international singer. This show kills me! 

Did anyone see Jasmine's hair in the scenes for the Tell All? What in God's green earth is that on her head? Looks like she found my crimping iron from the '80s. Well, maybe it was more curled than crimped, but still....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 3/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, gingerella said:

Both Mike and Ben cannot understand how women living in developing countries couldn't possibly want their white savior asses, even if they are less than stellar human beings, Ben notwithstanding because he clearly thinks his shit don't stink and God gave him awesome abs for a mid life crisis dude so he can bang chicks in their 20s. But I digress, Mike is very, very angry because he has lost his power hold over X. She no longer wants anything to do with him even if it means going back to being a cam girl and showing her goodies to other men. That last bit is also infuriating him because 'his goods' or what he 'thinks' he 'owns' will now be shown to any guy willing to pay for it. Yes that was the case before, but he saved her, in his tiny pea brain, and she isn't acting like the grateful, impoverished wench that he really believes her to be. So FUCK YOU MIKEY. You piece of human excrement. When he called her a 'hija de puta' he was calling her a motherfucker, not a son of a bitch. Neither he nor the TLC translator can get this shit correct. Anyway, the way he said that, I think he would be a very erratic and potentially violent asshole if she had come to the US. It would have put him in a power position to have her beholden to him for everything, and she's too smart to do that. I don't blame X and I can't hate on her because she's a single mother who yes has made some poor life choices and wound up with two lovely kids by god knows what sort of men, but she's trying to do for her kids and family while living in poverty. Who among us can cast a stone at her for doing what she needs to do to give her kids a safe home and food and clothing? I hope she finds someone who can at least look at her as an equal and not someone they're 'saving'. At the end of the day, Mikey is relatively stupid, lacking in basic smarts but thinking he's all that, and that's his downfall.

As for BenYAmeen, IMO dude deserves all the mockery he's gotten, for his stupidity, for his using God and religion as a means of controlling women, for his vanity, and yes for his looks. He is a piece of shite and a controlling creepster and I don't care if Mahog's is a bad telenovella actress hired by TLC to fuck with him, he deserves everything he's gotten and will get if only so his ex-wife can get some measure of satisfaction seeing what a douchebag he is. I don't get why she kissed him though, I guess to string him along a bit further because it was maybe in her TLC contract? So she could have The Talk and make her grand exit stage left in Lima? I'll bet Ben watches this season on TV and says, "I think I came off looking like a serious man in love, a man who was following the young Poontang Trail because God commanded me to do so." He won't see anything wrong with himself because he's a narcissist and they never see their flaws, they just blame them on others. They never see the common denominator is them.

No way is that Hamza's baby. Also, and not for nothing, but as sweet and nice as Hamza has been, he gave it away saying he was 'doing something good for his family by marrying an American'. Right there he outed himself as a more well-behaved, well-heeled and more discreet Tunisian Love Rat.

Kimbaaaaley, my god she is delusional. She's just as bad as Mikey and Ben because she cannot understand how someone like Usman, who lives in a developing country, could not possibly want to be with her because she can offer him a life filled with grey market Apple products and cheap shitty gold plated rapper bling. It's the white savior complex, but lady style. Same as that deluded chick who had that guy in the islands, broke up with him and went with his uncle cousin.

Previously I've made fun of WTF kind of model this hyena-faced woman thinks that she was ever going to succeed at if she got a boob job.  She's not photogenic enough or tall enough or graceful enough to do photo or runway modeling.

Now I know.  Because large boobs are not desirable in fashion models.  However, they are assets for lingerie and swimsuit models, neither of which Ximena is qualified for either, given her, what I find to be, extreme unattractiveness.

But for purposes of adult website modeling, BINGO, we have a winner.  Winner winner, chicken dinner!

• Love 4

This Week’s Winners and Losers:

Winners: Mike’s friends and family members who can forever shout “I told you so” from the rooftops with impunity.

Loser: Usman, who unbeknownst to him, now has a Kimbelly-placed tracker on his iPhone and will be answering her incessant queries, accusations and phone calls all day and all night until he finally tell her that he’s just not that into her.

Next Week: Memphis and Hazmat make a cameo appearance on Unexpected to prove that even though you are an adult and have an education and career, you can still be as stupid as shit.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

So Mike and X chatted online for some time before meeting. Mike was delusional thinking he was building a strong, committed and successful relationship via a translator device. I mean, what kind of deep, meaningful connection can you get with an app? What did they even chat about? All superficial stuff, no doubt with Mike falling for it hook, line and sinker, willing and able to open up his wallet in return for her love and affection. Doesn't work like that.

1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

I don't think there's an excuse -- it's just Memphis. She is horrid. And the old excuse (said by so many on this show) "I didn't know what to expect?" Um, how about looking it up or asking someone? Take initiative, you idiot.

Yup, agree. Who goes into their own wedding without an inkling of an idea of what it's going to be like? WHO? No one with a shred of intelligence. Why didn't she talk through it with Hazman, his sister or his mom? She just goes along with it, in pure ignorance, with no desire to learn, understand or even know what her wedding is going to be like. I wonder how people like this survive in the world. Weird as well has to why no one else took the initiative to tell her what to expect.

• Love 7