Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Season Premiere

Message added by Lady Calypso,

Hello all! Quick reminder: keep the discussion in ALL episode threads about the episodes. Anything not shown in the episodes is considered a SPOILER. Please take any live feeds discussions to the live feeds thread. Thanks! 

• Start Topic

Having Lamar use the same size stirrups as everyone else was ridiculous.

Lamar went through hell, and I usually root for the professional athletes anyways, so I’m hoping he does well even though he appears to have no idea how to play the game.

Carson is … a LOT … but “I need an aspirin to get a manicure” made me laugh.

Chris Kirkpatrick making N Sync references is not going to get old.

Is Chris Kattan a dick in a box guy?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Is Chris Kattan a dick in a box guy?

No. He's not nearly that cool. He was Mango.  And boy is he awkward as hell.

Even for Celebrity BB, this group seems very lackluster to me.

I guess rooting for Todd Bridges. Kinda disappointed nobody asked him what he was talking about. Him being the Master of Ceremonies seemed set up for that.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed this! It was a lot of fun. 

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Is Chris Kattan a dick in a box guy

I don't think so. I think that was Justin Timberlake. I'm pretty sure Chris has back issues, like a fused spine or something. He looks like he did, so I was surprised he was able to do the challenge. 

I thought Carson and Cynthia were great choices to greet everyone. Cynthia's faces when she had no clue who she was greeting made me laugh. I think Carson will generally be a very popular HG. 

Marai looked adorable in her ice princess dress, but the UFC fighter looked incredible and super dramatic, hanging there in that gorgeous blood-red gown, covered in gold. I don't know if she has a sense of humour though, so that could work against her. 

I have to admit that so far no one is rubbing me the wrong way, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. 

Another blizzard coming, so it's not like I have anything else planned. 😏

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Chris Kirkpatrick making N Sync references is not going to get old.

I thought they missed the perfect opportunity when he fell to say "And Chris goes bye bye bye"

Julie didn't let us down with her outfit.  It looks like she spent her downtime learning to crochet.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Cautiously optimistic. I love Carson, like Chris Kattan and Todd, the athletes seem all right. I don't really like Shanna, but she didn't bother me. I don't hate anyone, like I would if there was an Omarosa-type. 

The challenge was interesting, but not fair to Lamar. And they'd better not nominate Todd! Also, I've got feeds this year - I'm torn between hoping things are dramatic and interesting, and hoping they are boring so my East Coast self can get sleep.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, leocadia said:

I thought they missed the perfect opportunity when he fell to say "And Chris goes bye bye bye"

Julie didn't let us down with her outfit.  It looks like she spent her downtime learning to crochet.

I was thinking macrame. Maybe Coral on Project Runway made a red macrame dress for her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I kind of like both Chris's (although that could change quickly based on the feeds) , but having to continually type their full names to differentiate them is going to get annoying real fast.   I was thinking that we could call Kattan "Kris" because of his last initial and then realized that that wasn't a solution because, duh, Kirkpatrick also starts with a K.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, leocadia said:

but having to continually type their full names to differentiate them is going to get annoying real fast

I was about to say, "It's simple. Call them Chris K and Chris...... K?" I see the problem. 😁. Can we call them Kattan and Kirkpatrick? 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 3

I admire Lamar for that intro package, dear lord has he been through it! In the game though I think he's kind of a non-entity which is tough when you are 6'10". I hope his feet don't hang out of the front of his bed I'd think they would have accommodated him with something he'd be more comfortable in.

Wow, Kris Kattan. Socially awkward much?? It reminds me of the movie Fargo: "I don't know he was just funny looking." He id have the line of the night though suggesting they were waiting for Carson to change his memory wall photo.

I don't know the 'housewives' but they seem okay.

Carson was the ideal social lubricator as greeter etc. I like him but 24/7 Carson could be a bit much. Also, he is anything but 'under the radar'!

I like Mischa Tate, have watched her quite a bit. You take 5 years off and jump back into cage fighting you have to hold a high percentage of bad ass. Does she have a social game though?

I would have instantly yelled 'Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis??' when I saw Todd at the door! Maybe they didn't want to get off on the wrong foot? I'm guessing he was tired of that when they were still filming Different Strokes though.

Not a bad start though, and as I too am snowed in so this will do for me.

2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I had the impression that the celebrities were playing for charity. Do they keep the money? 

I always wondered this as near everything 'reality' with "celebrities" you are playing for a charity. However BB doesn't seem to be on that list. They get money and they take it home all for themselves. I still find it odd.

• Love 5

I got sucked in again. For a pretty C level list, the cast isn't bad.

I like Kirkpatrick, Mirai, Miesha (though I've never heard of her), Todd, and I feel like I've heard a lot about Lamar and some Kardashian drama, but I don't know the details, so I can find him likeable for now.

Kirkpatrick and Todrick seem like they will play to win.

"They're about to Pinocchio our asses" did make me laugh.

I really don't care about the various Housewives, but they seem fine.

Chris Kattan is awkward as hell but I would have forgotten everyone's names too.

I love the time elapse on the HOH, and then realizing people were dropping after 4 minutes.

Fast BB with less downtime, I like it.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5

Teddy kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Too much posing in her intro package. CKat seemed very socially awkward for a celebrity/comedian. I hope he adjusts OK once he gets more comfortable with everyone.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, leocadia said:

I kind of like both Chris's (although that could change quickly based on the feeds) , but having to continually type their full names to differentiate them is going to get annoying real fast.   I was thinking that we could call Kattan "Kris" because of his last initial and then realized that that wasn't a solution because, duh, Kirkpatrick also starts with a K.  

I was thinking the same thing. I thought, "Well, one of them could go by Chris K., and the other – oh shit, never mind."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, willco said:

He does appear socially a bit on the awkward side- I remember when he was on SNL, every character he played was weird, it seemed to me. Perhaps that was a good fit ?

He did seem very uncomfortable, standing off to the side a lot. I think a lot of comedians are notorious for being quite unfunny and often shy or cranky in person. 

I was just shocked they let him do the challenge, falling down onto the mat, given the fact he broke his neck a few years ago. It seems awfully risky. 

• Love 6

Julie… You had 4 months to pick a new outfit and this was the best you could do? 

Chris Kattan is the creepy loner who collects troll dolls and stages civil war re-enactments with them. In his parents’ basement.

If it’s not Gwyneth Paltrow’s head in the mystery box, I’m out.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this and am looking forward to this season.  I didn't dislike anyone but I think Teddi could shortly be on my dislike list.  I felt for both Chris Kattan and Lamar as they both seem socially awkward.  I found it disconcerting that Lamar was drinking the champagne after detailing his addiction issues.  I am probably in a small group of 1 that really likes Carson.  I like his humor and found it interesting that he pretty much knew everyone.  Also, as he is an equestrian, he is in pretty good physical condition and I do believe he threw that competition a bit.

I know Chris Kattan mainly from The Middle.  However, once Frankie lost her job at the car lot he disappeared from the series.

• Love 11

Also wanted to comment on how much I like the design of the house this season.  Except for the chocolate room (mainly because I would want to eat all of the faux chocolates...) I would stay there for a vacation.  Kudos to the design team.  And, yes, I understand that for "celebrities" they have to make it nicer than for the regular season.

• Love 3

Just chiming in with my early favorites:  CKirk, Carson, Mirai & Todd, with honorable mention to Lamar (who I expected to dislike since all I knew about him was his Kardashian connection.) 

Had they teamed Cynthia with NeNe Leakes, I'd be all about that! 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I found it disconcerting that Lamar was drinking the champagne after detailing his addiction issues.  I am probably in a small group of 1 that really likes Carson

I thought the same about Lamar. I'm not a fan of Carson's especially, but I thought he made the perfect host for the first episode. He was funny, charming, and made everyone feel at ease, which was badly needed. 

• Love 4

I was gonna check it out to see if I liked any of the "celebrities", but after they introduced them I checked out. I know of maybe 3 or 4 of them, don't care about the rest so I'll be passing on this season. Hope you guys enjoy it.

I finally watched the first episode and my shit list is already robust. Right now I'm sitting at: fuck Teddi - I didn't miss the ALL-IN hat or the Skyline top in the DR. Fuck Todrick because he's a piece of shit and should pay artists what they're worth rather than jerking them around and then claiming "exposure" is a good enough payment. And fuck Chris Kattan because he's just creepy and weird and he really isn't that funny.

I love Big Brother. First episode and I already hate three people. Well okay, I hated two of them pre-season for a long while now so it's kinda cheating but I think it should still count.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I didn't know who half these people are. I don't follow Real Housewives or mixed martial arts, although I know who John Mellencamp is so his daughter is celebrity-adjacent to me. I've heard of Lamar Odom, and I've seen pictures of Todrick Hall. Never heard of Shanna, in my life. She's the one who said she took her five year old daughter to the Playboy Mansion. That's great parenting, right there.

I hope they evict Chris Kattan first. I've always found him rather repulsive, and he's apparently not a very nice person, if Tracy Morgan is to be believed. Carson Kressley is a lot but he does crack me up sometimes, like when he took Todd Bridges' bag and said "I'm just going to rifle through it." Speaking of which - Todd Bridges looks terrible. I wouldn't have even recognized him. I'm not really familiar with his history but he looks like he's had a hard life. The 'N Sync dude hasn't aged well either.

Love, love, love Mirai Nagasu but I don't know if she's got a strong enough personality to outlast some of these people. 

• Love 3

OH my.  I don't know if I can stick with this.  I'll try.  Everything is just so....extra.....in CBB, isn't it?

Lamar strikes me as being more than just socially awkward.  The way he's always on the edge of any gathering, often turning away with really shut down body language is telling me he really, really doesn't want to be there.  Was he unclear on the concept?  Does he have an agent who forced him into this?  Does he owe a bookie and is desperate for the appearance fee?

I'm going to have to see what the feedsters have to say in the live feed thread once things get "real" in the house, but so far I can't stand the UFC fighter or the Real Housewives, or the boy band dude.  Chris Kattan is on the bubble for me.  He seems to want to try, and appears to be a genuine fan of BB, but is struggling to figure out what "character" he wants to be.  His normal, kind of shy and awkard and weird and perhaps off-putting self, or an all-in amplified version of himself conflated with his other characters to retreat into.  We'll see. 

I'm not going to invest myself in Lamar, he looks like he's just going to drift on out the internal diary room door, never to be seen again.  I don't know Todrick Hall at all, but I was amused by his reaction to his outfit, and that seemed genuine and fresh.  Shanna Moakler scares me, she looks tougher than the UFC fighter, and will probably cut a bitch for screentime. 

I love Mirai and am rooting for her, but I just don't think her personality is big enough to compete at this level of D-listers.  A little of Carson goes a long way, but I think he's very self aware about the act he puts on, which makes that act more tolerable for me.  He's over the top, but also a bit humble.  I like him.  Todd Bridges.....let's see which way he goes here.  The dude looks rough, man.  He's not had an easy time of it as a child star, and sounded almost resentful about being Willis, as in the greatest catchphrase from that show involves him, yet he's almost always forgotten.  He looks like he's trying to set himself up as the senior ombudsman of the house, and I don't know how that will be received.

But....I'll have to lurk in the live feeds thread to see how these personalities shake out.  Maybe the UFC gal will surprise me when she doesn't have to be "on" for the comps and guaranteed broadcast footage like diary rooms, house introductions, or HOH room reveals.  Maybe Lamar is a really deep thinker who will have amazing conversations and will become the house sounding board.  Dunno.  Expect the unexpected!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I haven't watched BB in forever and this is my first CBB but i decided to check in because I actually know MOST of the participants.  I remember watching (regular) BB when 9/11 happened and the cast was totally unaware.  Talk about a plot twist!  For those who weren't around then, they finally decided to tell the participants and one of their relatives (I believe a cousin) was missing at Ground Zero and I think they let that participant leave.  It was a blur and a long time ago, so don't quote me. 

I am not familiar with the MMA chick but she definitely got off to a strong start.  Both of the Housewives are pretty easy going and I don't expect much from them.  I know OF Todrick but not familiar with his professional career.  I think he did a guest shot on Catfish once.  I liked Chris on SNL but haven't seen much of him since Night at the Roxbury.  He prolly needs the $$, along with Todd Bridges and maybe even Lamar, who shocked me when he said he's 6'10" - whoa!  I'm not familiar with either female athletes, and of course, who DOESN'T know Carson.  I would enjoy living with Carson, he would definitely keep things interesting. 

• Love 3

I was trying to match up the rooms with the rooms from last summer's BB. Some are easy like kitchen, living room, bathroom, HOH room. I think the chocolate room was the coffin bed room (aka big blue couch room). The sauna maybe the upstairs Have Not room. The shape seemed more like the storage room, but then what would be the storage room? I think the gym is the same room as last season, which has also served as the apple room, yoga room, etc.

I'm watching again. I think the Cross bedroom (named because the beds were positioned like a cross) is the clock room.

I like Lamar. I think he is just a serious person who's in new surroundings. And here for the paycheck. Maybe he and Todd will be buds.

• Love 1

I’m intentionally not going to read the feeds, as I want to be surprised at what happens this season.

Thoughts on the houseguests so far:

Carson – Sighs, dude TURN IT DOWN A FUCKING NOTCH!  I can’t remember who it was (Todd, maybe?), but I would have reamed him out for taking my bag, I don’t care that he was trying to ‘help’.

Toddrick – See Carson.

Todd – Oof that snoring!  If it bothered Mango so much he should have gone elsewhere.  I’d love for him to win but I don’t see him staying long.

Mango – I used to have a crush on Chris Kattan, there was something about him that I found sexy.  Now?  Ewwwwwwwwww, he weirds me the fuq out, I don’t see him lasting long.

Lamar – UO, but I felt bad and related to him when he was talking about Khloe….I am all too familiar with having a hard time letting someone go.

Mirai – Idiot!  Don’t you know this game, loose lips sink ships! 

Miete – Girl, you playing too hard.  She also has that Bernie Mac (RIP Mac Man!) eye thing going, I never know who she’s looking at!

Chris K. – Didn’t think I’d like him but he’s okay so far.

Cynthia, Teddi and Shanna – All boring and can leave now.

• Love 4