Type keyword(s) to search

Secrets Of Playboy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I didn’t appreciate it at all until I saw “Bring it On” lol. Not generally my type of movie but I really enjoyed it.

I’m sure Barbara didn’t have much respect for the path Bridget chose. 

I think Bridget could have done so much better, but I still think all the women should have been treated kindly as guests of the show.

6 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I think it's one of the clips that's not available on YouTube. I've looked for it before, too, and have never been able to find it. I'm wondering if the View panel got a lot of criticism and made sure those clips stayed off the internet. 

That's my impression. Oh one thing I just remembered is I think they called Hef a dirty old man. That offended Kendra at the time. I know she's been team Hef and Playboy for many years, but I'm curious if she's watched Secrets of Playboy and if it's swayed her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I never watched the interview. I tried searching for it and had no luck. What I remember from GND was that they had all three girlfriends sit together but that they were mocked like "you always sit together like that?"

Bridget was really excited to meet Barbara because she was a journalism major. She said Barbara greeted her coldly "and you are?" The only person they said was kind to them was Meredith. 

That does ring a bell... 🤔

It was interesting to see Hef's son defend his father on Tweeter. I wonder if that was a knee-jerk reaction to honor thine parents or if he's like his father?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Bridget could have done so much better, but I still think all the women should have been treated kindly as guests of the show.

That's my impression. Oh one thing I just remembered is I think they called Hef a dirty old man. That offended Kendra at the time. I know she's been team Hef and Playboy for many years, but I'm curious if she's watched Secrets of Playboy and if it's swayed her.

I can understand Barbara’s disdain for Bridget. For all of her flaws, Barbara got her education and had to work hard and claw her way up in a male dominated field. Bridget left her husband to become one of Hef’s sickening harem, despite having an education, even though professional women like Barbara  paved the path for women to compete using their skills and intelligence, not their bodies .

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It doesn't cost anything to be polite. 

1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

It was interesting to see Hef's son defend his father on Tweeter. I wonder if that was a knee-jerk reaction to honor thine parents or if he's like his father?

I think both the younger sons live very different lifestyles than their father did. I can imagine feeling defensive about hearing your father criticized, and even tweeting about it, but Sondra's immediate response was perfect: "He wasn't in the bed with us." I mean, kid, you hadn't even been born then. Take a seat.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

Which son was it? Marston, who is a dead-ringer for his father, was accused of attacking his girlfriend and sentenced to a year of a domestic violence program. I know this might not be the place for gossip, but up to that point, he was considered the heir apparent. Then it became his younger brother.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Which son was it? Marston, who is a dead-ringer for his father, was accused of attacking his girlfriend and sentenced to a year of a domestic violence program. I know this might not be the place for gossip, but up to that point, he was considered the heir apparent. Then it became his younger brother.  

It was the other one.  (Cooper?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

What a trash family.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 4/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, TrixieTrue said:

Like father, like son, I guess. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 4/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, qtpye said:

Pamela married Tommy Lee and Donna D'Errico married Nikki Six, both rock stars from Motley Crue. 

I think Barbie Benton also married a very rich man.

Shannon Tweed was a playmate and lived with hef for a year or two then she shacked up with Gene Simmons from KISS had a couple kids and now they’re married

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Shannon Tweed was a playmate and lived with hef for a year or two then she shacked up with Gene Simmons from KISS had a couple kids and now they’re married

OMG . Did anyone watch that reality series about the Simmons’s a few years ago? Can’t stand Gene Simmons &  his wife is a typical plastic surgery victim. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

OMG . Did anyone watch that reality series about the Simmons’s a few years ago? Can’t stand Gene Simmons &  his wife is a typical plastic surgery victim. 

Yes, I detest him with the fire of 1000 suns.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, chediavolo said:

Family Jewels I think it was called. lol

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 1/27/2022 at 8:19 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean this is where it gets tricky ... he didnt allow the girls to ever leave without him knowing where at what they were doing he didnt really give them money to save he pited them against each other ... this she could have left at anytime thing rings hollow .. there are tons of battered wives that started out voluntary and got trapped... 

Back in the late 80s I was friends with someone famous adjacent who knew Hef's wife Kimberly.  I heard back then that she had to sneak out to come visit my friend and her mother.  I believe everything revealed in this show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Perhaps because it is a fairy tale I watch The Girls Next Door when I can't go to sleep so I watched this series to see a different  perspective.

I recently saw the GND episode where Hef goes through his scrapbooks to show his other girlfriends over the years to Holly,  Bridget, Kendra.  There were brief interviews with some of them and what I found astounding was how differently Sondra Theodore presented herself and her relationship with Hef.

First, her teeth and elocution were not disordered at all. And most amazing were her positive statements about the relationship with Hef. I think she used terms like "dream come true". There wasn't a hint of sadness or bitterness which makes me wonder if the girls who have spoken out against their time at the mansion have some sort of Stockholm Syndrome and some have come to terms with the truth and some, namely Barbi and Kendra have not.

Edited by Me from ME
Speeling
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, Cinnabon said:

Yes, I detest him with the fire of 1000 suns.

I remember Simmons saying that he wanted people to know that rock star families are not all like the Osbournes, and he wanted to show the other side. Maybe he wanted to show how he could cover up his issues rather than be totally honest.

The Playboy exposure made me feel so bad for all those women who were expected to engage in sex, while feeling like they brought this on themselves from their female managers. Bottom line, make money and keep secrets. And Hef got away with it.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 10/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

Pamela Anderson’s autobiography “Love, Pamela” is available for pre-order if anyone is interested. It comes out 1/31/23.

Did anyone read it?  I’m curious.  spoiler below about Pam documentary.  

Spoiler

The documentary about Pam recently aired on Netflix.  I was shocked there wasn’t much said about her Playboy experience. She said they made money off her, but nothing worse than that.    Hmmmmm…..

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 1/25/2022 at 5:56 PM, RealHousewife said:

There are many who think Playboy itself is tasteful and not antifeminist. I see both sides to it. For me, feminism is equal rights and opportunities, not living your life a specific way. If a woman wants to be a glamour model and sees it as celebrating her beauty, that's her business. Just like if a woman wants to wear a hijab and feels like her body is only for her partner to see, that's her business as well. 

I would never, ever pose naked myself, but sometimes I think if I were a little younger and the clubs were a thing, maybe I'd be a Bunny. It would probably shock people who know me because I'm pretty straight-laced, but I think women are all so beautiful. I see nothing wrong with celebrating the body, so long as it's tasteful, which we all have different opinions on. For example, I find breastaurants super tacky, and I'm not someone who's offended by cleavage and whatnot. But Hooters? Couldn't they have at least come up with a better name? 

Racism is one of my top pet peeves, so I do appreciate that Hef treated everyone the same way. He was ahead of his time in that regard. 

Now where I do judge Hef a lot . . .

Someone who truly loves and respects women wouldn't only value them as 20-something beauties. Was the only woman around his age he even bothered to speak with Mary? How could he even think of seeing a woman as sexual if it was someone he watched grow up? Ew ew ew. I am not offended by older men who admire the beauty of young women. We all admire beautiful people in their prime. I also don't know how I feel about guys who are slightly older than minors being registered sex offenders. But difference between that and going after women who are barely legal when you're so much older. If you're a rich guy and want a beautiful woman on your arm, why not be with a stunning woman who's older? There are a lot of them out there. Mamie Van Loren is 90 and beautiful to this day. 

Oh absolutely. Look, I am a big fan of Holly and Bridget. I totally understand being in over your head and why it would be difficult to leave. But do I think a super innocent, naive type winds up in the Playboy Mansion? No. They were all there for a mutually beneficial situation. They enjoyed the mansion, parties, plastic surgery, possibly becoming a Playmate or famous, etc. I think both Bridget and Holly are smart, hardworking women, but being with Hef opened a ton of doors. Would Holly have gotten Holly's World or become a headliner in Vegas without becoming famous as a girlfriend? Probably not. That's not to knock them. It's just that show business is incredibly difficult to break into without connections. 

Kendra is pretty team Hef and thinks he saved her life. Based on her childhood, I can understand why she feels the way she does. She never had a strong support system, and who knows what would have happened to her if she hadn't become Hef's girlfriend. 

Pamela has always spoken very highly of Hef, and she's always been very grateful to Playboy. I'm a big fan of hers and think she's much smarter than people think. I'm curious what she thinks of the documentary. 

I can see Kimberley keeping her mouth shut as someone who was more than just another girlfriend. She married and had kids with Hef. I'd imagine she doesn't want to hurt her children by speaking negatively about him even if she's sensitive to what Hef put other women through. 

Not sure if I've heard Barbi or Jenny say anything about Hef in many years. I did recognized Sondra from GND btw. I wonder if she felt pressured into appearing, or if her perspective has changed from the GND era with the new lens of MeToo & Time's Up.  

Is it possible that Hef was very different in the way he treated woman or are some not ready to address it did to privacy issues?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hide contents

The documentary about Pam recently aired on Netflix.  I was shocked there wasn’t much said about her Playboy experience. She said they made money off her, but nothing worse than that.    Hmmmmm…..

I question that as well. Now that Hefner is gone, I wish all the women affected by Playboy's abusive control would speak up. I am sure that many got the Hugh Heffer personal treatment, aka The Dorothy S. treatment. This series opened my eyes.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3

I’m speculating that Pamela Anderson doesn’t want to say anything bad about Playboy because it was a huge part of her career. She’s been on the cover more than any other woman. It’s not even close. Hef raved about her being the new (at the time) Marilyn Monroe. She must have some kind of loyalty to Playboy and Hef. 

I too was surprised at how little it was discussed in the documentary. I haven’t read her book yet. Maybe there’s more in it. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I haven’t read her book yet.

I read it and don't even remember what she said about The Mansion.  It was a pretty fluffy book.  My recommendation is to get it out of the library and don't buy it. 

I was impressed that she was adamant that her kids came first.  She made sure she was the mother who knew all her kids' friends and she had the house on the block where the neighborhood kids felt comfortable and at home.  She also volunteered in the drop off/pick up lane at the elementary school when her boys were little.  I bet there was an uptick of fathers feeling the need to participate in carpool!  

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I’m speculating that Pamela Anderson doesn’t want to say anything bad about Playboy because it was a huge part of her career. She’s been on the cover more than any other woman. It’s not even close. Hef raved about her being the new (at the time) Marilyn Monroe. She must have some kind of loyalty to Playboy and Hef. 

I too was surprised at how little it was discussed in the documentary. I haven’t read her book yet. Maybe there’s more in it. 

Pamela's always said Hef was nothing but kind and respectful, and she is indeed grateful to Playboy because it was a huge part of her career. She's mostly known for Playboy and Baywatch. I am a fan of Pamela because she is a sweet person, but let's be honest, she didn't do Gisele modeling or Julia Roberts acting. We don't know where she would be if it weren't for Playboy. 

I lurked on reddit and saw this very issue discussed and have to agree with a post that Hef knew who he could and couldn't take advantage of.

I think Hef knew Pamela was an absolutely beautiful woman who had her smarts about her, and that she had big career beginning. I think the women he took advantage of were ones he either saw as very desperate to be in the magazine or have a certain lifestyle, or women who were particularly young and innocent. If Hef saw a young woman who was attractive and had a great body but not exactly a Pamela Anderson or Anna Nicole Smith facially, he knew  the "girl next door" types felt lucky to be his girlfriend or do Playboy more than the blonde bombshells. He knew he could get away with using and abusing them more than the women who had more opportunities. Dorothy Stratten was stunning like Pamela and Anna, but she was barely out of high school when Hef met her IRC, and like a predator, Hef must have picked up on her innocence and vulnerability. 

• Like 7
On 2/11/2023 at 3:41 PM, RealHousewife said:

Pamela's always said Hef was nothing but kind and respectful, and she is indeed grateful to Playboy because it was a huge part of her career. She's mostly known for Playboy and Baywatch. I am a fan of Pamela because she is a sweet person, but let's be honest, she didn't do Gisele modeling or Julia Roberts acting. We don't know where she would be if it weren't for Playboy. 

I lurked on reddit and saw this very issue discussed and have to agree with a post that Hef knew who he could and couldn't take advantage of.

I think Hef knew Pamela was an absolutely beautiful woman who had her smarts about her, and that she had big career beginning. I think the women he took advantage of were ones he either saw as very desperate to be in the magazine or have a certain lifestyle, or women who were particularly young and innocent. If Hef saw a young woman who was attractive and had a great body but not exactly a Pamela Anderson or Anna Nicole Smith facially, he knew  the "girl next door" types felt lucky to be his girlfriend or do Playboy more than the blonde bombshells. He knew he could get away with using and abusing them more than the women who had more opportunities. Dorothy Stratten was stunning like Pamela and Anna, but she was barely out of high school when Hef met her IRC, and like a predator, Hef must have picked up on her innocence and vulnerability. 

Agree. But I’ve read he slept with a lot of the women in the magazine. I suspect some of the women don’t want to admit it. 

For a long time, he personally approved every Playmate and he would meet with them in person. I wonder how that went. 

He was enamored with Pamela for sure. I know Jenny McCarthy was also popular, but I never thought she was as pretty as Pam. Jenny had kind of a hard edge to her IMO.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
33 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

For a long time, he personally approved every Playmate and he would meet with them in person. I wonder how that went. 

I got the impression that HH slept with every "Playmate of The Year" and the 'girls' understood that this was expected if they hoped to win.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
37 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I got the impression that HH slept with every "Playmate of The Year" and the 'girls' understood that this was expected if they hoped to win.

Ooh good point! I think that was mentioned on the Girls Next Level podcast. I don't know just how understood that was and how many felt pressured. Brande Roderick (a PMOY) openly dated Hef and says nice things about him to this day. She's actually spoken out against the documentary and everything. Totally opposite experience of what happened to Dorothy. From what I've heard, it sounds like Hef was a sick person who absolutely was capable of the worst treatment of women, but also powerful and charming enough that a fair number of women didn't need to be pressured to be his girlfriend or sleep with him. 

• Like 4
On 2/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, Chalby said:

I also go the impression that it was very "close your eyes and think of England" and over in 5 minutes - he was more into doing it to say he'd done it than actually enjoying it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, princelina said:

I also go the impression that it was very "close your eyes and think of England" and over in 5 minutes - he was more into doing it to say he'd done it than actually enjoying it.

Oh absolutely. My guess is that even a young Hef wasn't exactly a very passionate or sensual person, just someone who got off on power and wanted to be seen as a stud. 

• Like 5

There’s a season 2 at 9 tonight on A&E if anyone is interested - I’m not sure yet if I’ll watch, it depends on how interesting the podcast (different subject) I’m tuning in beforehand is.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

"Who Wants to Be a Playboy Centerfold?". Thousands of women across the nation vied for the chance to become a Playmate, but only 12 were chosen for the reality competition "Who Wants to Be a Playboy Centerfold?" The two-hour prime-time special aired on Fox in 2002, bringing together aspiring Playmates in typical house reality show fashion. Photo shoots at the Playboy Mansion and a nude centerfold layout culminated in eliminations and a winner, whose prize was to become the Playmate of the Month.

To be honest, I have no recollection of this reality show! 😲

This one was OK, if not predictable, tho I wondered how the woman who looked like a Cher/Kardashian mixture got that way if she dropped out the first day of the show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/10/2022 at 1:15 PM, chediavolo said:

Lord, I remember this.

They were trying so hard to be the Osmonds.

I remember Shannon begging Gene to marry her and he finally did but it still was a boring series.

Their house was kind of ugly.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 7/10/2023 at 4:02 PM, Cobb Salad said:

There’s a season 2 at 9 tonight on A&E if anyone is interested - I’m not sure yet if I’ll watch, it depends on how interesting the podcast (different subject) I’m tuning in beforehand is.  

The first one opened my eyes, so I'm interested in the second one because I think it involves later years and more media savvy women.

Keep us updated on what your podcast was about.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
(edited)

that second Episode of season 2 those girls did not come off looking good I'm sorry .. I DESERVED those things me me me me I got all this plastic surgery for free and thousands a week and free cars and insurance but THOSE other girls ruined it... you basically confirmed you didn't do it for love but for MONEY  you danced around the fact you were sounding like you hooked for this money by trying to say you were an employee but employees dont fuck their bosses and she kept doing this circle round talk to justify it ....and just seemed so entitled at that .... you could skip those bedroom duties the whole week (but you still had sex with him for those perks) GIRL ...  like did she think she was coming off ok with that? like if Golddigger had a picture in the dictionary her picture "allegedly" would be front and center ...

but thanks for confirming who you were in the mean girls era cause without you coming on this show and trying to portray yourself as the victims in it (the 7 gf drama) I would never had known who you were or what you looked like (cause the other girls dont even say names or anything its just in general terms) .. you kinda shot yourself in the foot with that also 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh man sounds like I gotta watch this. 

It was a mess .. they basically came off really badly I thought no “secret” was really exposed other then they confirmed they did it for the money and fame and came across bitter that they got kicked out before the “show” came about .. it was just a long what can I get out of this myself 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

that second Episode of season 2 those girls did not come off looking good I'm sorry .. I DESERVED those things me me me me I got all this plastic surgery for free and thousands a week and free cars and insurance but THOSE other girls ruined it... you basically confirmed you didn't do it for love but for MONEY  you danced around the fact you were sounding like you hooked for this money by trying to say you were an employee but employees dont fuck their bosses and she kept doing this circle round talk to justify it ....and just seemed so entitled at that .... you could skip those bedroom duties the whole week (but you still had sex with him for those perks) GIRL ...  like did she think she was coming off ok with that? like if Golddigger had a picture in the dictionary her picture "allegedly" would be front and center ...

They at least own why they were there unlike some of the girls & you may want to have a rethink if you believe employees don't ever fuck their bosses. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Shrek said:

They at least own why they were there unlike some of the girls & you may want to have a rethink if you believe employees don't ever fuck their bosses. 

Rethink what? She tried every way to pretzel herself around what she did she wasn’t owning anything at all …

allegedly”wernt they caught running a racket with selling access to the mansion and some of them “allegedly” were hooking on the side  and recutting  girls in the circle at the mansion? That doesn’t seem like a good employee and sure as hell doesn’t sound like a good GF

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3

The first season tried to make Hef look like a monster who manipulated young women and destroyed their lives. 

I was glad to see the women in the first ep of season 2 praising Hef.  But this second ep makes it look like the girlfriends were just sugar babies trying to finesse the man.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That doesn’t seem like a good employee and sure as hell doesn’t sound like a good GF

I don't believe for a minute the majority of the so-called seven girlfriends considered themselves girlfriends at all. I mean HH wanted to appear as the huge stud of the mansion but he was anything but, especially without the assistance of a ton of pharmaceuticals. 

I can't even judge any girls that were running an internal ring of sex for cash within the mansion given that's what was expected of many playmates for years. The only reason Playboy admin got upset is because the gals cut out the middlemen (emphasis on men) and hand picked who they want to sell their wares to.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

you basically confirmed you didn't do it for love but for MONEY

6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't believe for a minute the majority of the so-called seven girlfriends considered themselves girlfriends at all.

Yeah I'd like it if we here, at least, could dispense with pretending that they were "girlfriends" as far as the meaning of the term goes.  No one has "seven girlfriends", and what was interesting to me when reading their various books was that Hef would ask them, "Would you like to be a girlfriend?"  Not MY girlfriend but A girlfriend.  I thought that Zoe was very honest and correct in her assessment that she was there to improve the company's brand by looking a certain way, and therefore an employee, and the way Hef chose to pay those employees was through allowances and plastic surgery.  She was the one who left the Playboy mansion to "model" and do adult films, and seemed happy with her choices, so there you go.

What was interesting to me during this episode was seeing old clips of interviews - what we probably all accepted back in the day if we saw it was that people were impressed, but in actuality in every interview scene you could see the lips of the interviewer curl - no one believed he had "seven girlfriends" and the ones to whom he was bragging all seemed disgusted by it 😄. I do think Holly had a few stars in her eyes and hoped she'd be the final winner, but the rest of them?  They knew what was up.

Izabella's book gave a lot more of the details, especially about the "sex nights" which show that Hef was just a big old weirdo.  Also, for those of you who found them entitled, the one thing I remember was Izabella complaining that the wine, brought to them by a butler at any time of the day or night, was NOT up to her standards and Hef should have done better by them! 😂

• Like 2

I just finished the first episode, and don't believe they all were portraying themselves as victims. In fact, one of the called home and wanted off the show. They were just revealing the secrets of "Who Wants to be a Centerfold"

I think they mostly regret having the nude photos out there and being ridiculed about their looks. This was before the larger volume of social media, so they probably didn't realize what they were getting themselves into. 

And, yes...they wanted the 'fame', money and glamour of it all. But no doubt still didn't realize the backlash. Especially how they were portrayed (i.e. scripted personalities) by producers...and had no control over that portion of the show. 

I think the only one who fit the victim mold was the one who was molested by a family member. And IMO, her sadness was more PTSD than anything else. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Chalby said:

I can't even judge any girls that were running an internal ring of sex for cash within the mansion given that's what was expected of many playmates for years.

but when caught you cant play victim tho ... like if you were being that shady with that what other shit were you doing? these crocodile tears of they were the mean ones just rings hollow ...

as per the sex for cash ring i mean pimping out your friends is just a level that sceeves me out

• Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, princelina said:

I thought that Zoe was very honest and correct in her assessment that she was there to improve the company's brand by looking a certain way, and therefore an employee, and the way Hef chose to pay those employees was through allowances and plastic surgery.

by looking a certain way that HEF wanted not Christie Hefner the actual President of Playboy inc at the time

but she wasn't correct she wasn't an employee at least not with the playboy company  ........there was no forms filled out nor taxes filed for them they didn't have a w2... she wasn't hired by playboy to improve the company's brands there was no actual JOB they preformed for the company the girlfriends had zero to do with the actual company in that role they wernt ambassadors they were hanging out with a employee of the company Hef ....Now could being a GF lead to jobs with playboy like centerfolds yes but again it wasn't guaranteed nor promised from the actual company

Hef just asked the girls hey you wanna move in to my place and be a gf thats it which was basically follow me around when i go out you will be photographed because you are with me to high heaven and it will give you a LOT of exposer.. and yes there was expectations of being a gf like sex with him and attending things with him things any gf would do even in this creepy 8 way relationship NO one was forced to accept and you knew what was expected of you before you moved in (now did some girls feel the fame would be worth it and made bad choices that's a different story) ... there wasn't a salary discussed cause it wasn't a actual JOB ....he gave them gifts and a allowance  out of HIS pocket but that was at HIS discretion (and again she got mad because HEF himself got pissed at their spending and cut it back) .....

They themselves had NOTHING to do with the brand even the bunny necklace they got came from HEF and not the company until the show popped up and then things changed cause they got branded GND (which was a licensed company through the playboy brand) and not Girlfriends ... they were basically "kept" sugerbabies 100%  it be no different then dating a rich man and him saying hey move in with me and ill pay for things for you. you arnt his employee you are givin gifts because he wants to give them to you and like Hef he could chose to stop those gifts at any time

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1

We all see things differently and some of us see prostitution as a job while others see it as something to be disgusted by. I'm happy with the way I see things & don't feel the need to prove myself right every time. In my view a job is something that you do most days to earn a living, let's just say they were self employed. 

The way people see things depends on their upbringing and the values (or not) instilled through their life experiences. As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure, and life would be extremely boring if we all saw everything the same way. 

I can certainly see both points of view when it comes to these "girlfriends" and I think we can all agree that the whole thing can be very polarizing, 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

by looking a certain way that HEF wanted not Christie Hefner the actual President of Playboy inc at the time

but she wasn't correct she wasn't an employee at least not with the playboy company  ........there was no forms filled out nor taxes filed for them they didn't have a w2... she wasn't hired by playboy to improve the company's brands there was no actual JOB they preformed for the company the girlfriends had zero to do with the actual company in that role they wernt ambassadors they were hanging out with a employee of the company Hef ....Now could being a GF lead to jobs with playboy like centerfolds yes but again it wasn't guaranteed nor promised from the actual company

My point was it was how they supported themselves and had nothing to do with "love" 😄. I get tired of people acting like that was even a question.  They were there for the perks and not because they "loved" some old man enough to have group sex with a gaggle of "girlfriends".  Things like when that butler was all "I don't know . . ."  Yes you do.

• Like 4